Type keyword(s) to search

Carlin and Evan: But Mostly Carlin!

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, BitterApple said:

When I saw that C&E invited Z&W to go camping, that was my first thought as well. They know Zach will do all the work and cook real food, and Bradley and Co. can keep Layla and Zade occupied so C&E don't have to deal with them. I remember last year's camping vlog where Layla was a good distance away, screaming for her parents attention and they were both ignoring her. Evan was on his laptop editing videos, looking like he'd rather be anywhere else, and Carlin was bored a/f. This year, they got Z&W as a buffer to provide entertainment. 

I'm surprised Z&W said yes. They knew that was going to happen. Did they really want to go camping badly enough to do all the work? I would have noped out of it. 

• Like 4
8 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

I'm surprised Z&W said yes. They knew that was going to happen. Did they really want to go camping badly enough to do all the work? I would have noped out of it. 

We don’t know how it came together though. C&E have decided they MUST camp even though they can barely handle their kids at home. Even though their version of camping involves setting up a tent next to some retention pond on the side of the road and calling it camping, letting Layla stand way to close to said water as they ignore her sitting there on laptops and phones, and snarfing down Chick Fila all weekend.

Gotta have that perfect fall content y’all. Plus Josie camps - how can we not??

Z&W OTOH camping seems to be kid driven - as their kids have been asking to go over the years. So they started off buying a tent and sleeping outdoors a few times each fall, and they’ve said before that at some point Whit would go into the house and Z would stay in the tent bc certain kids wanted to go inside after half the night. So seems like they waited to go for real until they thought most of the kids would enjoy it. How parental of them.

You know Z&W mentioned - we’re going camping after J’s wedding and Gil and Kelly 2.0 were like omg we’ll come too, it’ll be sooooo fun. And by that point Z&W prob didn’t want to cancel or change the dates bc their kids were prob excited. Not that changing the dates would help anything - C&E are available anywhere anytime.

So C&E got 3 days of full meals, Bradley/Kasey supervising their kids, bestie Khloe entertaining Layla, and Uncle Z even bringing a projector for movie night, all while they got to look cute in their perfect fall plaid, gush about how these are the days, and make content . . . .

Edited by cereality
  • Like 7
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Screenshot from the video:

E9544775-4254-4BE0-A555-24007B734EBF.jpeg

That's right Evan start him out early thinking that a lighter is a toy. Isn't that how the 2 youngest Bates boys set the laundry room on fire playing with lighters?

• Like 8
  • Mind Blown 1

It's beginning to look like C & E are either incapable or just plain afraid to have their children with them without others around to "help"...or both of the above. Life with C & E would be exhausting for me. They never stop; always on the move to the next thing. They still need to grow up and settle down a bit.

• Like 9
13 hours ago, BitterApple said:

When I saw that C&E invited Z&W to go camping, that was my first thought as well. They know Zach will do all the work and cook real food, and Bradley and Co. can keep Layla and Zade occupied so C&E don't have to deal with them. I remember last year's camping vlog where Layla was a good distance away, screaming for her parents attention and they were both ignoring her. Evan was on his laptop editing videos, looking like he'd rather be anywhere else, and Carlin was bored a/f. This year, they got Z&W as a buffer to provide entertainment. 

C&E are as lazy and immature as it gets.

1 hour ago, floridamom said:

It's beginning to look like C & E are either incapable or just plain afraid to have their children with them without others around to "help"...or both of the above. Life with C & E would be exhausting for me. They never stop; always on the move to the next thing. They still need to grow up and settle down a bit.

Grow up, YES!  Before they do anything else, they need to grow up!!

• Like 8

Grow up, YES!  Before they do anything else, they need to grow up!!

• Like 4
  • Applause 1

Ugh! I watched the camping trip vlog. I am sick of Evan! He surely does love the sound of his own voice. Carlin wasn't as annoying in this video and seemed to be enjoying the camping. Zach & Whitney spoke barely a word. The food Zach cooked looked delicious and their kids seem well cared for. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 1

So they're in Nashville and Layla hurt herself playing with the cousins, bleeding from the chin, needs to go to the ER to get stiches (steri strips) and C&E's reaction was - wait let's take video? At one point in the hospital the camera is in her face as she's crying!? And then Carlin is sitting there comforting her. Did she legit turn to Evan and say film this? Did Evan say honey sit on the edge of the bed and we can use this in next week's YT?

I wonder about their kids. They were going to dance class at like noon one day this week (uh - school? Oh wait we do that whenever, wherever, NBD) and ask Carlin is all like - are you going to dance etc. Layla says "yes but I get tired when I dance??" I mean maybe she's just saying that for attention, but how many 3 year olds admit to getting tired, ever? They're like balls of energy at that age, and when they get tired - they zonk out in the car on the way home for 15 min and they're good to go. Like they don't remember or care next week that dance made them tired??

It was the same once when Z&W came over (and Zach got stuck setting up the griddle and cooking on it) and at some point Layla is fast asleep in the hammock and Carlin is like awwww she played too hard!? Uh most 3 year olds don't get tired from running around the yard for an hour w cousins - and Z&W's kids weren't sleeping!? Though that time I believe Law had been over that week so party party C&E decided midnight ice cream run with Law and as Law was talking to the child about whether she was coming with them, what ice cream she wanted - she looked MISERABLE - bc of course she should've been asleep for 4 hrs by then.

They really ought to think about food + sleep when a kid who is supposed to be a bundle of energy at her age is talking about being tired frequently. 

• Like 6
  • Sad 6
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, cereality said:

So they're in Nashville and Layla hurt herself playing with the cousins, bleeding from the chin, needs to go to the ER to get stiches (steri strips) and C&E's reaction was - wait let's take video? At one point in the hospital the camera is in her face as she's crying!? And then Carlin is sitting there comforting her. Did she legit turn to Evan and say film this? Did Evan say honey sit on the edge of the bed and we can use this in next week's YT?

I wonder about their kids. They were going to dance class at like noon one day this week (uh - school? Oh wait we do that whenever, wherever, NBD) and ask Carlin is all like - are you going to dance etc. Layla says "yes but I get tired when I dance??" I mean maybe she's just saying that for attention, but how many 3 year olds admit to getting tired, ever? They're like balls of energy at that age, and when they get tired - they zonk out in the car on the way home for 15 min and they're good to go. Like they don't remember or care next week that dance made them tired??

It was the same once when Z&W came over (and Zach got stuck setting up the griddle and cooking on it) and at some point Layla is fast asleep in the hammock and Carlin is like awwww she played too hard!? Uh most 3 year olds don't get tired from running around the yard for an hour w cousins - and Z&W's kids weren't sleeping!? Though that time I believe Law had been over that week so party party C&E decided midnight ice cream run with Law and as Law was talking to the child about whether she was coming with them, what ice cream she wanted - she looked MISERABLE - bc of course she should've been asleep for 4 hrs by then.

They really ought to think about food + sleep when a kid who is supposed to be a bundle of energy at her age is talking about being tired frequently. 

Layla is in her car seat 75% of the time, along with a really shitty diet and not much restful sleep, so it wouldn’t surprise me if she has very little stamina.  Layla’s ER visit pissed me off enough that I left a comment saying that it would’ve been a lot cheaper if they had taken her to an Urgent Care center.  The community hospital where I live has an Urgent Care one mile from the hospital.  It got so ridiculous with parents bringing their kids to the ER for very minor problems that they now send cases like Layla's directly to their 24 hour Urgent Care instead of tying up an ER bed for stupid stuff (like a small cut, for instance 🙄).  C&E have zero common sense, and people who have no common sense shouldn’t have kids, period.  JMHO

• Like 15
4 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

Layla is in her car seat 75% of the time, along with a really shitty diet and not much restful sleep, so it wouldn’t surprise me if she has very little stamina.  Layla’s ER visit pissed me off enough that I left a comment saying that it would’ve been a lot cheaper if they had taken her to an Urgent Care center.  The community hospital where I live has an Urgent Care one mile from the hospital.  It got so ridiculous with parents bringing their kids to the ER for very minor problems that they now send cases like Layla's directly to their 24 hour Urgent Care instead of tying up an ER bed for stupid stuff (like a small cut, for instance 🙄).  C&E have zero common sense, and people who have no common sense shouldn’t have kids, period.  JMHO

If they use the Gil Bates method of financial planning, they're not planning to pay their ER bills anyway. I would not be at all surprised if that's what they're doing. They've got a mortgage and a(n overpriced) car, so they might have decided their credit rating isn't so important now. Plus paying ER bills would cut into their fun money, ya know. 

• Like 5
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, Heathen said:

If they use the Gil Bates method of financial planning, they're not planning to pay their ER bills anyway. I would not be at all surprised if that's what they're doing. They've got a mortgage and a(n overpriced) car, so they might have decided their credit rating isn't so important now. Plus paying ER bills would cut into their fun money, ya know. 

People on Reddit were asking why they didn't go to Urgent Care, and your comment has me wondering: are urgent cares bound by the same laws as hospitals where they can't deny you treatment? I know it may vary by state, but if not, that may explain why E&C didn't use one. They might have had to show proof of insurance or pay up front, and they didn't want to do that. They'd rather drag little Gypsy Rose Layla to the E.R. and make her wait six hours to get a bandaid. 

• Sad 6
  • Useful 1

I believe that they have health insurance. They would have been in bankruptcy by now will all of the medical expenses incured by Carlin with her health problems and 2 hospital births if they didn't have health insurance.  They most likely have insurance through the ACA but they will not own up to this. Gil might have been able to trade off cutting trees for Dr Vick for maternity care but this doesn't work with hospitals. 

• Like 6
  • Useful 1

I thought the same thing, zenme, about Layla's initial heart issues. Could this have something to do with it along with a bad diet and inadequate sleep? These two are such awful parents why doesn't someone let them know what they are doing is not good? Evan's parents need to be good parents and grandparents and open their mouths.

• Like 10

Just watched the camping video and there’s little Layla with a huge bag of Oreos in her lap!

A piece of fruit or some other healthy snack like celery or carrot sticks. 

I have to wonder how that huge bag of cookies went over with their “guests”. I just don’t see them feeding their five all that junk!

• Like 1
  • Sad 4
  • Useful 1

I didn’t realize until now that Carlin gets lip fillers.  She has a keyhole.  I didn’t know anything about lip fillers or keyholes until I saw it on YT today.  Carlin is crazier than I thought.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1

What's the age difference between Layla and Josie's 2nd child? It saddens me to see Layla - she just seems so behind compared to others. Josie posted camping IG videos. Turns out her 2nd kid really loves the moon - is always looking for it. So as they're out camping, the kid is like - look the moon is hiding behind the trees (bc it wasn't high in the horizon yet); then - I want to hold the moon. When Josie is like how would you get up there? She's like - I'll fly in the sky to go touch it. I'm not saying the talking was super clear bc it wasn't, but it's like look a kid with independent thoughts.

It was similar with Willow a few months ago when she was sitting in their living room window watching construction trucks. A truck got stuck in the mud and Willow was asking what they would do. Josie was playing out all these scenarios with her - hmm do you think 1 person can push it out? 2 people? No - is it too heavy? Then when they pulled up another truck, she explained how they can hook up one truck to another and pull out the one that's stuck.

Can you imagine Carlin - ewwww dirty construction trucks and mud, IDK what they're gonna do, that's yucky boy stuff. I mean legit have we EVER seen Layla have an interest or ask anything other than asking for lipstick or nail polish?

3 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Just watched the camping video and there’s little Layla with a huge bag of Oreos in her lap!

A piece of fruit or some other healthy snack like celery or carrot sticks. 

I have to wonder how that huge bag of cookies went over with their “guests”. I just don’t see them feeding their five all that junk!

Honestly I can see Z&W pulling back bc they are raising their kids differently and as their kids get older they prob don't want to hear - well Layla gets to eat Oreos anytime she wants!? I mean Zach made baked apples with oats for a camping snack one day yet Layla is polishing off a bag of Oreos? Problem is she's 3.75 - the ship has sailed on healthy eating. Now that she's had Oreos, Doritos, Fritos, cake pops non stop for years, you know that's where her tastes lie - super sweet or salty processed food. You know she'd now pitch a huge fit at apples or carrots as a snack and even baked apples prob wouldn't be sweet enough. She strikes me as a bratty child and I see C&E giving in in 2 seconds flat when she starts howling that she wants Oreos not apples.

Z&W OTOH are trying to be normal parents. While I'm sure they dine out, they cook full meals most days and even with dining out they've said their kids like Japanese food the best!? So it isn't necessarily Chick Fila 3 times/wk. They seem to do a weekly movie night and there's times where if Whit is grocery shopping that day, she'll say the kids told her what snacks they wanted. Yet she's also said the movie snack they love most is Z's home made popcorn - i.e. raw corn + oil/butter + salt. So yeah while they aren't denying their kids Doritos, I also think they're like - if these kids happily eat corn, let's not stuff them with Fritos every Friday night.

6 hours ago, floridamom said:

I thought the same thing, zenme, about Layla's initial heart issues. Could this have something to do with it along with a bad diet and inadequate sleep? These two are such awful parents why doesn't someone let them know what they are doing is not good? Evan's parents need to be good parents and grandparents and open their mouths.

TBH that was my first thought too. They said recently the heart thing is now done - hole is closed and fine. But IDK as someone who has heart issues, it'd make me nervous if a kid who had previous heart issues said toddler dance makes her tired. I mean hopefully the drs have 100% said the heart issues have resolved bc these two are so dumb you wonder. I mean these were the same people who went told Z needs iron supplements, took him back for another appt but didn't know what the appt was for and expected an iron check, as the dr was like uh no this is a regular checkup, he's only been on iron for a few weeks . . . that ain't long enough to retest. Uh I'm sure the drs explained this when putting him on iron but C&E were probably too busy filming to listen to the drs.

I feel like Evan's parents have taken the approach of encouraging C&E to come stay as much as they want - which when they go 2 "weekends" per month usually ends up being 7-10 days per month. Then in those 10 days grandma runs herself ragged feeding the kids 3 meals a day stuffing them full of homecooked meals, so they're at least getting SOME good food. Thing is IDK if that's enough. Growing kids don't just need real food 20-30% of the time and then can live off of Oreos and cake pops the rest of the time?!

I feel like they should open their mouths but given that this is a DIL, I bet they fear they'll see the kids less [though they shouldn't - C&E would be insulted and still showing up with bells on for the free child care and free food and lodging].

• Like 6
42 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

I didn’t realize until now that Carlin gets lip fillers.  She has a keyhole.  I didn’t know anything about lip fillers or keyholes until I saw it on YT today.  Carlin is crazier than I thought.

Josie gets lip fillers, too -- same keyhole. 

I doubt either of them can ever pass a mirror without primping. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 4
2 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

Personally I think the keyhole pout looks stupid and unnatural, but it's a huge trend with the Gen Z crowd. Considering a syringe of filler is around $600-$700, it's yet another exorbitant expense. Josie has also had a crap ton of Botox and filler, although she'll have to stop with the 'tox until after she gives birth. 

With regards to food, I think most of the Bates grands eat reasonable meals with occasional treats thrown in. Layla seems to be the only one whose diet is all junk. It's sad though because she's really lagging developmentally. She should be on par with Kaci and Willow, but in terms of speech and growth, she's more like Maci and Hazel, who are much younger. Carlin and Evan are really setting that poor kid up for a lifetime of issues due to their neglectful parenting. 

• Sad 10
2 hours ago, floridamom said:

I know nothing about lip fillers..please, what is this "keyhole" that I'm reading about?

You can go to YouTube and type “keyhole lip filler” in the search bar OR google it.  Both will give you the lowdown.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
15 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Personally I think the keyhole pout looks stupid and unnatural, but it's a huge trend with the Gen Z crowd. Considering a syringe of filler is around $600-$700, it's yet another exorbitant expense. Josie has also had a crap ton of Botox and filler, although she'll have to stop with the 'tox until after she gives birth. 

I wonder if some day they'll regret the overdone lips.  They do look ridiculous with a huge waste of money.  Carlin especially looks badly exaggerated to me.

• Like 6
39 minutes ago, Absolom said:

I wonder if some day they'll regret the overdone lips.  They do look ridiculous with a huge waste of money.  Carlin especially looks badly exaggerated to me.

Most everything Carlin does is badly exaggerated to me.😂

• Like 10
  • LOL 4

I know nothing about lip fillers..please, what is this "keyhole" that I'm reading about?

You'd probably recognize the expression. Big, puffy lips with a tiny hole in the center of their mouth, either on purpose or because their lips are so big that they can't close their mouths completely. 

Exaggerated keyhole: https://theskincareedit.com/renee-zellweger-before-and-after#gid=ci02b98f3d50002712&pid=at-the-1998-new-york-city-premiere-of-one-true-thing

Another way you can spot lip fillers is if the upper lip is as big as or bigger than the lower lip. That doesn't happen in nature. https://theskincareedit.com/nicola-peltz-before-and-after

A third way to spot fillers is if the lips are bumpy or uneven: https://theskincareedit.com/priyanka-chopra-before-and-after

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 3

How much does all this lip filler BS cost? And is it for life or is it like Botox where you have to keep going back every so many months/years or the lips will deflate? And if you let the lips deflate (if that's even possible), do you go back to having what you were born with or will they forever look like you messed them up.

And mostly importantly WHY do fundies living in bumblefuck Tenn need this - do they legit believe they are runway models bc they have an IG following?? I mean they do realize their IG following is sizably less than even other fundies like Jill or Joy Duggar, let alone any real celebrities, right?

• Like 6
  • Applause 5
2 minutes ago, cereality said:

How much does all this lip filler BS cost? And is it for life or is it like Botox where you have to keep going back every so many months/years or the lips will deflate? And if you let the lips deflate (if that's even possible), do you go back to having what you were born with or will they forever look like you messed them up.

And mostly importantly WHY do fundies living in bumblefuck Tenn need this - do they legit believe they are runway models bc they have an IG following?? I mean they do realize their IG following is sizably less than even other fundies like Jill or Joy Duggar, let alone any real celebrities, right?

Lip fillers do not last forever, they are absorbed eventually.  Most women who use them need to return to the clinic for touch-ups once or twice a year.  Depending on where you live and how much filler you get, it can cost somewhere between $500-$1000 per visit.

Irregular lumps and bumps are a fairly common complication of lip fillers and there are injections to try to dissolve the filler to get rid of them which are not always successful.  Some women opt for permanent lip fillers which are silicone implants.  Sometimes scar tissue forms irregularly around them and causes lumps and bumps which are virtually permanent.  Even if the implants are removed, the lips are not going to return to their pre-implant shape.

In the last article tagged above, you'll see photos of Priyanka Chopra over the years.  In every one, the left side of her top lip is larger than the right; her mouth is crooked.  That is most likely due to a lip implant that is not properly positioned.  BTW, her mom is a plastic surgeon who runs a cosmetic surgery clinic in India and she may well have done the implants herself.

• Useful 8
2 hours ago, Absolom said:

I think Josie looks the worst. All the Botox/fillers etc are starting to make her look like a middle aged Real Housewife. And both of them are disingenuous liars - why is Carlin filming her toddler in the ER but hides her own trips for lip fillers?

Edited by AstridM
  • Like 4
  • LOL 3
37 minutes ago, AstridM said:

I think Josie looks the worst. All the Botox/fillers etc are starting to make her look like a middle aged Real Housewife. And both of them are disingenuous liars - why is Carlin filming her toddler in the ER but hides her own trips for lip fillers?

Privacy for me, but not for thee?

• Like 4
  • Sad 2
  • LOL 1
37 minutes ago, AstridM said:

I think the reality (haha) is that kid problems are relatable, but there is nothing relatable about unemployed lazy doofuses -- with unemployed lazy doofus husbands -- getting cosmetic treatments. The ridiculous expensive salon hair coloring isn't relatable, either. Use a box, Carlin.

The Skin Edit should do a before-and-after of the Bates sisters. Wouldn't that be a riot? 

• Like 8
  • LOL 2

Why would these "God made us perfect" ladies do such things to themselves? Many of the adult married Bates daughters , except for Michaela look so fake . I think Michaela is a natural beauty. She doesn't need all of this crap. I don't think the others need it either. They are pretty woman just as God made them.

• Like 4
  • Applause 6
13 minutes ago, floridamom said:

Why would these "God made us perfect" ladies do such things to themselves? Many of the adult married Bates daughters , except for Michaela look so fake . I think Michaela is a natural beauty. She doesn't need all of this crap. I don't think the others need it either. They are pretty woman just as God made them.

Yes, they are all pretty and YOUNG. No need to waste their money on Botox and fillers quite yet. 😳

• Like 7

Interesting how so many of the Bates offspring seem to think they are models or feel need to appear on social media as such.

Lawson, Trace, Jackson and Warden all seem to think they are models and have done photo shoots posing as such. (Lydia photo shoots) But they are always primped and preening in the tight pants and gelled, perfect hair on most every occasion.

Erin, Alyssa, Carlin, Katie and Josie also seem to feel need to appear perfect and enhance their good looks with whatever they can afford or their headships allow them to get.

Jeb is already showing signs of the perfect hair and the posing with thumb in pocket etc.

For Gil supposedly still high up in the IBLP world, his adult children sure seem to contradict the gothard values of modesty.

• Like 9
  • Applause 2
On 10/28/2023 at 7:51 PM, farmgal4 said:

Layla’s ER visit pissed me off enough that I left a comment saying that it would’ve been a lot cheaper if they had taken her to an Urgent Care center.  The community hospital where I live has an Urgent Care one mile from the hospital.  It got so ridiculous with parents bringing their kids to the ER for very minor problems that they now send cases like Layla's directly to their 24 hour Urgent Care instead of tying up an ER bed for stupid stuff (like a small cut, for instance 🙄).  C&E have zero common sense, and people who have no common sense shouldn’t have kids, period.  JMHO

I'm almost 50 yo and have been to the emergency room once in my entire life - and that was at the direction of my surgeon, who met me there to perform a quick procedure. To be clear, I would do just about anything  to avoid going to the ER - as would any other normal human being I know.

On 10/29/2023 at 2:10 AM, BitterApple said:

People on Reddit were asking why they didn't go to Urgent Care, and your comment has me wondering: are urgent cares bound by the same laws as hospitals where they can't deny you treatment? I know it may vary by state, but if not, that may explain why E&C didn't use one. They might have had to show proof of insurance or pay up front, and they didn't want to do that. They'd rather drag little Gypsy Rose Layla to the E.R. and make her wait six hours to get a bandaid. 

The Emergency Medical Treatment and Active Labor Act (EMTALA), a federal statute mirrored by most state statutes, requires hospitals with emergency rooms to provide treatment for emergency medical conditions until the condition is either stabilized or appropriate transfer can be made to another facility.*  An emergency medical condition is defined as : an incident that is severe or life-threatening, an incident that seriously impairs bodily functions or organs, or when delivery of a baby is imminent.  What is not an emergency medical condition?  A small cut.

*Although only requried to treat emergency conditions, it's not uncommon for ERs to treat everyone, rather than try to parse out what truly is an emergency medical condition.

As to urgent care, urgent care centers are not equipped to provide emergent medical care and should transfer patients presenting with an emergency medical condition to an appropriate facility.  Thus, as there's no legal requirement to provide non-emergency care, urgent care centers aren't required to treat uninsured patients.  (At least, not under this statute.  Some states require not-for-profit medical facilities to provide a certain amount of "charity care," but that's different than what's being discussed here).

On 10/29/2023 at 7:57 AM, 65mickey said:

I believe that they have health insurance. They would have been in bankruptcy by now will all of the medical expenses incured by Carlin with her health problems and 2 hospital births if they didn't have health insurance.  They most likely have insurance through the ACA but they will not own up to this. Gil might have been able to trade off cutting trees for Dr Vick for maternity care but this doesn't work with hospitals. 

Agreed.  Between Carlin and the kids, they are conspicuous consumers of health care.  No way they're paying for it out of pocket.  

Edited by SabineElisabeth
  • Like 8
  • Useful 3
3 hours ago, crazy8s said:

Jeb is already showing signs of the perfect hair and the posing with thumb in pocket etc.

What does the thumb-in-pocket thing mean? Fingers pointing toward their crotch? (Ew.)

• LOL 2
5 minutes ago, Heathen said:

What does the thumb-in-pocket thing mean? Fingers pointing toward their crotch? (Ew.)

I don’t get it at all. Men look ridiculous posing for pictures with one hand in their pocket, imo. 

• Like 2

I don't see any evidence of Zach and Whitney tiring of Carlin and Evan.  They seem to do things with them on the regular.  They didn't have to go camping with them, but they did.  They do a lot with them when they don't have too.  

And I also thought Katie was maturing with her life in NJ and away from TN, but it doesn't seem so.  Still homesick and begging her husband to move her back.  

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
56 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

I saw this post too, once again there was a shot of Layla sound asleep on the couch.

Here's a crazy idea; don't let the toddler touch the breakable Christmas ornaments.  If the tree isn't up, how is he getting them?  Put them out of his reach, dummies!  Many families simply don't decorate the lower part of the tree or only use unbreakable ornaments on the bottom to keep kids and pets from breaking them.  I've got dogs and haven't hung a glass ornament on the bottom third of the tree in 25 years.

Also, what the heck is that kid wearing to make cookies?  It appears Carlin is wearing a matching, equally impractical, outfit.  Marabou feathers and cooking do not mix.

Edited by Notabug
  • Like 15
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, ginger90 said:

He got them from the boxes and threw them.

And why in the heck were the boxes within his reach?  And why weren't his parents supervising him closely since there were breakable objects around.

Never mind.... we all know the answer.

• Like 14
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 2
33 minutes ago, AstridM said:

Right? This is ridiculous. And why is she already talking about Christmas? Halloween just ended, ffs. 

The second generation fundies who didn't grow up with a tree don't know anything about when to put it up. Jessa See wake out here up a couple of weeks ago, and has done so this early in past years.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

Excuse my language, but Carlin is so fucking stupid. Of course a baby is going to be drawn to bright, shiny, ball-shaped objects and is going to chuck them. It doesn't occur to her to keep breakables out of reach? And while I don't think there's a right or wrong time to decorate, I'm not sure I'd do so this early. If you're already putting up the tree and making cookies, what's left to keep the kids excited seven weeks from now? 

The pajamas are impractical and ridiculous but they were freebies, so Layla must wear them. 🙄

• Like 11
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

He got them from the boxes and threw them.

Most people would have realized after the first one was thrown to move the boxes, but again, it’s C&E. The excuse was that Layla never broke an ornament so I guess they never heard of a child or pet knocking down ornaments. Also mentioned was how expensive ornaments are! We always had plenty of unbreakable ornaments for kids to look at and touch, but I guess that didn’t occur to the Stew Crew. Probably needs to be the right look for social media.

• Like 10