Type keyword(s) to search

Carlin and Evan: But Mostly Carlin!

• Start Topic

23 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

A homeschooler coloring a school bus? Might be a tad confusing for a 4 year old.

Oh and of course Layla likes it. Her mom is likely paying attention to her. Well at least for a couple of hours today.

Hours? You are quite the optimist. C&E have the attention span of gnats, my apologies to gnats.

Pre-K is not about workbooks. It’s about socializing, learn to wait your turn, learn to raise your hand instead of talking over everyone (Carlin’s specialty), sitting quietly, following directions, sharing, playing as part of a group, coexisting with people different than you. This is why homeschooled fundie kids grow up to be socially awkward and completely unprepared to function in the real world. 

• Like 16
  • Applause 8
On 8/14/2023 at 7:30 PM, SMama said:

Pre-K is not about workbooks. It’s about socializing, learn to wait your turn, learn to raise your hand instead of talking over everyone (Carlin’s specialty), sitting quietly, following directions, sharing, playing as part of a group, coexisting with people different than you. This is why homeschooled fundie kids grow up to be socially awkward and completely unprepared to function in the real world. 

There's been a bit of a debate going on in the Alyssa thread over homeschooling. I guess John has said that it's better because it caters to the learning style of each student while traditional school doesn't. That's fine, in theory, but hugely hypocritical in practice. Plonking a pre-school kid down with a workbook (or a dvd) is way less individualized than what you should be getting in school. The best educational thing that Carlin and Evan could do for her (and Zade) right now is read to her, talk to her, count with her and give her lots of chances to play with other kids in structured and semi-structured environments. Layla is also a good 3-4 years (she's 3, right?) away from being able to consistently read and understand the workbook instructions, let alone to have the attention span to do the task independently. She's going to need constant supervision to get much of anything out of that workbook, so why not do something that is actually developmentally appropriate? 

• Like 13

If Carlin wasn’t raised in a cult and woefully uneducated I think she would have been a good labor and delivery nurse. She obviously enjoys being there during the wait, the pain, etc. As a nurse she’d be in the thick of it, not in the waiting room. She would also get to hold the baby before the mother (me, me, it’s about me), then she’ll humbly (😂) pose with the baby for pictures (a photo shoot every shift!)and enjoy the kudos about what a great nurse she is. It would have hopefully satisfied her baby fever, since it’s obvious she has no desire to parent her two very young children. Just a thought, don’t hurt me. 🙂

P.S. My bio mother worked in L&D, I know the reality of the hard work involved. But Carlin would definitely get her emotional tank topped in that role.

• Like 5
5 minutes ago, Heathen said:

I would bet a $5 Starbucks gift card that Layla didn't color that herself. That doesn't look like the work of a three-year-old. I think Carlin or Evan did that. 

She only colored the orange. The color is uneven, although she's within the lines. 

Tossup.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1

So that's going to be this girl's schooling - coloring pics of fruit and school buses (the other day)? Oh and Carlin doing a flashcard with her on the letter I and then telling her school was all done at 12:50 pm; I realize preschool isn't a full day thing but IDK I don't imagine PK in that home starts at 8 am either. I bet they start at 10 when they roll out of bed and realize it's a weekday.

I mean let's be real Carlin's been too busy living Whit's life the last 2 days. Hanging out at the hospital before during and after birth. Then at the hospital again this morning to bring them breakfast. Sorry but someone who was actually trying to run a homeschool situation wouldn't be peacing out to bring their SIL and brother breakfast at 930 when they just had kid #76. Like sorry they have done this before they don't need that much help. And if you cared that much, you could always uber eats breakfast to them.

And Evan looks like a lame ass as usual. Texting Whit during labor that the "waiting room be bussin bussin" - w a pic of him, Warden and G&K. Uh first off - you look like a douchebag bc I don't think you know what that actually means. Secondly you continue to look like a loser with FOMO - and lol what isn't more exciting for a man than sitting in a waiting room waiting for his SISTER IN LAW to push. Like I'm sorry but what real man even cares about his BIL/SIL's baby beyond the - oh I'm happy for them, so cute?? But he did the same thing with Katie too - not only went and stayed there for weeks but then also left their own kids with someone else bc EVAN had to be sitting in the waiting room as if this birth somehow involved him!? Really though he just can't stand the thought of being bored at home with his own kids when he could be where the "excitement" is - in this case excitement being OMG Warden is there to talk to; G&K; snacks OMG!!

• Like 3
  • Applause 10
48 minutes ago, cereality said:

And if you cared that much, you could always uber eats breakfast to them.

If they’re still in the hospital, they could’ve just ordered their own breakfast from the hospital’s menu. During my last 2 hospital stays, the food was surprisingly good.

50 minutes ago, cereality said:

Texting Whit during labor that the "waiting room be bussin bussin"

Um, what? Is he 10? He is one of the biggest douchebags I’ve encountered in a while.

• Like 18
1 hour ago, AstridM said:

If they’re still in the hospital, they could’ve just ordered their own breakfast from the hospital’s menu. During my last 2 hospital stays, the food was surprisingly good.

I was hospitalized for a couple days last year and couldn't believe how good the food was. You could also check off as much stuff on the menu card that you wanted. I agree with everyone that Carlin bringing breakfast wasn't so much a nice gesture as it was her looking for any excuse to be in the mix. 

• Like 8
26 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

First Watch is Carlin’s go out to eat breakfast place. 

First Watch does have great breakfasts.  However, it seems to me that Whit and Zach had no problems obtaining breakfast while she was still hospitalized.  Next week, when they're home with a newborn and 4 other young kids would probably be a better time to provide breakfast.   First Watch has gift cards, BTW.

• Like 11
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Maybe Layla's coloring book would fit on the desk without the ugly pen flowers in the slab of wood. Gotta be IG 'pretty'.

On her paper instead of her name, it says “sissy”.

• Like 4
  • Sad 5
14 hours ago, awaken said:

On her paper instead of her name, it says “sissy”.

I saw a Stew Crew video a few weeks ago and, I shit you not, Layla didn’t have a clue what her real name is.  Shouldn’t a 3 year old know that already?

• Mind Blown 11
  • Sad 2
4 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

I saw a Stew Crew video a few weeks ago and, I shit you not, Layla didn’t have a clue what her real name is.  Shouldn’t a 3 year old know that already?

😳😳😳

• Sad 2
7 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

Shouldn’t a 3 year old know that already?

Depends on what her parents, the people who (should) call her by name the most call her. It’s like when little kids are asked their mom’s or dad’s name and the answer is honey, baby, etc. My kids both had nicknames but knew they their full name by age 3. 

Edited by SMama
  • Like 2

If it helps you, Carlin and Evan did some fake "interview" IG reel yesterday where this child's 25 yr old mother says her name and then says "did I say that [i.e. MY OWN NAME] weird?" And then goes on about how she thinks Carlin Stewart is hard to say. And then Evan goes on about how Carlin says he says her name wrong. Uh yeah so these two are educating this child . . . . 

I mean by 3.5 yrs old don't you teach their kid their own name + nickname? I feel like at 3.5 kids definitely say - my name is Buddy, my real name is Michael Andrew Smith, but I like Buddy better.  I understand they don't always know mom or dad or grandpas names bc often when asked they'll say dad's name is daddy. But how hard would it be to teach Layla that Sissy is just her nickname!? That kid is so behind and they don't even realize it. I mean even still when she speaks you can't realize understand a lot of it - which by 3.5 isn't a problem for most kids usually.

It's horrifying that these two are educating this child. Of course today's education seemed to be Evan singing along to some DVD re how strong their God is. That's all well and good but isn't that what church is for? Shouldn't there be some other learning going on the rest of the week? But hey I guess picturing her at that mini desk is better than earlier in the week where the child was taking video of Evan and Carlin who had to model Cuts clothing together . . . .

Looks like Michael and Brandon are over for dinner tonight and either Michael brought the meal or came to Carlin's and cooked - but either way homemade dinner for these two. I'm actually surprised they don't have Michael/Brandon over more for these types of reasons . . . . Not suggesting Michael should have to do this but I feel like she would cook for her niece and nephew rather than just bring over a bag of CFA.

Edited by cereality
  • Like 5

I know someone who taught pre-K in a high needs community and had a few kids every year who had no idea that their pet name wasn't their real name. Those kids... were not in good shape, socially or academically. 

• Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 7

In all fairness, Layla's been saying her full name (or at least, first and last name) for quite some time.  For example, I definitely remember (not sure why I remember, but anyhoo) her saying her first and last name during their last camping video, which according to YT was 9 months ago.  And I'm pretty sure I remember hearing her say her full name a few other times, although I can't remember any other specific instances off the top of my head.  To me, in the referenced video from a couple weeks ago, it seemed like either something about the way Evan asked the question confused her in general, or that she was asking Evan to remind her of her middle name (or, as I think she called it, "that" name).

Anyway, certainly not an Evan + Carlin apologist, but as evidenced by previous video, Layla knows her real name quite well and has for some time.  IMHO, Layla seems rather bright and very outgoing, and I think she would really excel in a mainstream pre-k environment - and would love every minute of it.  Really quite sad that instead, she's sitting alone at a desk being "taught" by her dumb-as-a-rock parents.

Edited by SabineElisabeth
  • Like 9
  • Applause 1

I remember Carlin doing a reel saying Layla insisted on being called Sissy. She said she liked Sissy better than Layla. I have know doubt if someone yelled "hey Layla" she would turn her head.

With that said, C&E still suck as parents

• Like 5

Can I just say that that desk and chair look really uncomfortable?  There's nothing but hard surfaces and sharp edges.  Then she is situated facing a blank wall which is not terribly stimulating.  Poor kid.  She definitely needs a good pre-K program, but that would cut into her idiot parents budged and activities.  Can't have Evan giving up whatever material thing is next on his list or Carlin giving up endless trips to Starbucks and Target.  BTW, what will happen to the expensive outdoor griddle now that Evan is tired of it?  What's the next expensive new toy he will need to fill up the empty space inside of him?

• Like 13

I seem to recall that Tori used to help do Pre-K homeschooling for some of Erin and Zachary's kids.  Does Carlin/Evan live close to Tori?  If so, why not drop off Layla at auntie Tori's so that she could have other little kids her age to be around.

3 minutes ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

I seem to recall that Tori used to help do Pre-K homeschooling for some of Erin and Zachary's kids.  Does Carlin/Evan live close to Tori?  If so, why not drop off Layla at auntie Tori's so that she could have other little kids her age to be around.

Yes, Tori is in the area. But I don't think she is close with Carlin. She seems to have sided with Erin in the BSB split. Erin said that Tori will be present at William's birth, so they're obviously besties.

• Like 4

Not to mention I think Tori was doing homeschool for Erin and Zach's kids when she herself had 1-2 kids max. I think it's a bit different now - someone with 4 kids of their own who is pregnant yearly is likely not taking on homeschooling anyone else's kids.

I'm not watching but you know it's bad when their Reddit leghumpers are giving C&E side eye on their "go go go" FOMO. Apparently they returned from the beach trip late on Friday night and then dragged the kids out to the BSB sale the next morning - which is why the girl was sleeping in a drawer/bin at the store?! Didn't feed the kids breakfast/lunch bc they were eating handfuls of cake/cupcakes at the shop.

And then the ridiculousness continued at Whit's birth. They apparently spent all day every day at the hospital!? So I guess whatever little homeschooling they did on those first few days of school was 15 min made for camera every day bc they had to run off to the hospital 🙄. They'd apparently show up with "breakfast" for Z&W at noon and then stay all damn day - ordering pizza at night to keep the party going!? One day Michael shows up with dinner with Z&W and to visit their kid and guess what - C&E STILL haven't gone home!?

I imagine Z would have no trouble telling C&E to leave if Whit wasn't feeling well but hot damn give people some space. I mean maybe Z&W would've just enjoyed some hours alone between visitors like Michael and Tori stopping by for a reasonable 45 min here and there; I mean the woman just pushed out a kid and they're going home to a litter of other kids - maybe some moments/hours alone would've felt good to Z&W. 

They def can't read the room bc their own need to "party party" comes first. Like with Katie - they did the same thing of being at the hospital all day every day. Katie apparently acted thrilled and like she "needed" them but then on the drive home Trav spilled the tea that Katie hadn't been feeling well, needed an iron infusion and then blood transfusion, had been in a lot of pain the whole time but when her fam was around she'd turn it on and then when they'd leave for a Sbux run she'd crash. So Trav was basically going on about how Katie needed to get in bed and rest as soon as they got home etc. Talk about making everything about what C&E need even someone else's birth . . . .

• Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 8
  • Useful 1

I think Katie felt guilty for rushing everyone up to NJ the moment she felt a twinge in her abdomen, only for them to spin their wheels because she really wasn't in labor. Based on what I've seen as she's gone through various health issues, she has a tough time advocating for herself. I'm assuming it's a by-product of growing up in a family where your feelings were ignored. However, you'd think Carlin, of all people, would be in tune to her sister's needs and take the hint to go home. 

With regards to the cash and carry, it was beyond ridiculous to drag Layla and Zade, especially on the heels of a nine hour drive. Carlin and Evan could've hired a sitter so the kids could spend the day at home, resting away from the chaos, but nope, no chance. Mommy needs her props so her fans can gush over them and give her compliments. 

I didn't realize they'd camped out the entire time Whit was in the hospital. Maybe Whit didn't mind, because let's face it, who really cares when you're on your fifth kid, especially in a family where someone's giving birth every month, but do Evan and Carlin really have nothing better to do? 

• Like 7
23 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I think Katie felt guilty for rushing everyone up to NJ the moment she felt a twinge in her abdomen, only for them to spin their wheels because she really wasn't in labor. Based on what I've seen as she's gone through various health issues, she has a tough time advocating for herself. I'm assuming it's a by-product of growing up in a family where your feelings were ignored. However, you'd think Carlin, of all people, would be in tune to her sister's needs and take the hint to go home. 

With regards to the cash and carry, it was beyond ridiculous to drag Layla and Zade, especially on the heels of a nine hour drive. Carlin and Evan could've hired a sitter so the kids could spend the day at home, resting away from the chaos, but nope, no chance. Mommy needs her props so her fans can gush over them and give her compliments. 

I didn't realize they'd camped out the entire time Whit was in the hospital. Maybe Whit didn't mind, because let's face it, who really cares when you're on your fifth kid, especially in a family where someone's giving birth every month, but do Evan and Carlin really have nothing better to do? 

Why did Evan even need to be present at the cash and carry? He couldn’t have stayed home with the kids?

• Like 6
17 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Like what though - stay home and homeschool their kid who was starting "school" that same day? Lol. Stay home and cook for the kids - lol no. As for BSB, I imagine it's pretty much closed and/or not doing all that much for the rest of the year as Whit is out. I mean I thought it was telling that they kept screaming LAST WAREHOUSE sale and we were all like last until when? In one of the IGs Carlin said it was the last until Whit comes back . . . . So yeah C&E ain't stepping up there. I assume Zach will go back in the next few weeks to oversee employees and C&E will stop by once in a while but that party party element is now on maternity leave.

This week must be ROUGH for them and I'm guessing they are having a hard week. I mean after the go go go excitement of vacation, 9 hr drive from vacation, straight to BSB sale, straight to days in the hospital with Whit - it's now all over and all quiet. And note how while they pushed themselves into the hospital with Z&W, they haven't seen them/visited in the last week at all as clearly Z&W are making clear this is family time, newborn photoshoot time etc. for THEM. The let down for C&E this week must be very real. Super quiet week on IG; I assume we'll see a few clips of the kids with the requisite "awww these are the best days of our lives" BS. 

I assume they'll pop in the Tesla for a week in Nashville any day now.

• Like 11

I think Evan is even more immature than Carlin. In their latest blog he goes on and on about how much he loves to hang at the hospital when someone is giving birth. He says he loves to chill in the waiting room and eat snacks. He will be 28 in a few days. What 28 year old man likes to hang out in a hospital waiting room and "party" while a relative is giving birth?  Evan thinks this is just one big party. If there was ever a case of arrested developement it has to be Evan Stewart. Because Evan and Carlin didnt get to date in high school and college like normal young people they are stuck in the need to have dates and double dates with Zack and Whitney.  I have news for them.  That train has left the station. They have two young children who need parents who act like adults not teenagers.

• Like 16
  • Mind Blown 2

I think Evan, being the first son after 4 girls, was coddled and spoiled  as a child. (Watch out, Rhett Webster) As far as I know,  his family is not fundamentalist, they are  Southern Baptist. I know they sang as a family, but they still seem more mainstream than the Bates.The nieces take dance classes and play sports. 

I do not know if he was homeschooled or went to a Christian school, but he obviously did not have any ambition to go to college. He was a lot more responsible while he was going to electrician classes and working. Since Carlin’s episodes, the FMLA, and now the self- employment, he has regressed and acts like a teenager. These two are a perfect example of a couple who should have waited to start a family. 

The whole “ life is a big party” attitude only really started after he stopped working. If you have to work 40 hours a week you tend to appreciate your downtime more because it isn’t unlimited. They have nothing but free time and they have no clue what to do with themselves.

No one has ever brought this up, but am I the only one who noticed that Carlin’s episodes only started when he had finished his electrician training? Quite convenient.

Edited by 3 is enough
  • Like 14
  • Applause 1
On 8/19/2023 at 1:19 AM, GeeGolly said:

I remember Carlin doing a reel saying Layla insisted on being called Sissy. She said she liked Sissy better than Layla. I have know doubt if someone yelled "hey Layla" she would turn her head.

With that said, C&E still suck as parents

Yes, Layla has picked up on Sissy as her "name" probably because Zade may have a hard time saying Layla. It could be solved pretty easily by explaining to her that is what your brother calls you but to us you are Layla. 

2 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

I think Evan, being the first son after 4 girls, was coddled and spoiled  as a child. (Watch out, Rhett Webster) As far as I know,  his family is not fundamentalist, they are  Southern Baptist. I know they sang as a family, but they still seem more mainstream than the Bates.The nieces take dance classes and play sports. 

I do not know if he was homeschooled or went to a Christian school, but he obviously did not have any ambition to go to college. He was a lot more responsible while he was going to electrician classes and working. Since Carlin’s episodes, the FMLA, and now the self- employment, he has regressed and acts like a teenager. These two are a perfect example of a couple who should have waited to start a family. 

The whole “ life is a big party” attitude only really started after he stopped working. If you have to work 40 hours a week you tend to appreciate your downtime more because it isn’t unlimited. They have nothing but free time and they have no clue what to do with themselves.

No one has ever brought this up, but am I the only one who noticed that Carlin’s episodes only started when he had finished his electrician training? Quite convenient.

Evan has said recently in a video that he was homeschooled too. I think his upbringing was conservative but not nearly so much as hers. I noticed that she would have episodes of crying and panic about him leaving her all day for work. She claimed to have anxiety about going to OB/GYN appointments for Zade because she was alone when she got the bad news they were going to deliver Layla early (not how it was portrayed on the show, but okay). 

I'm not a MD (PhD but no medicine), but I think that part of her issue is brought on by anxiety and stress. I say this as a person who has cataplexy without narcolepsy. If I become overly emotional or stressed I will fall down. I am aware so I'm not passing out. I was put through MRIs, heart tests, EEGs, etc. It was all coming back with no problems, but my issues persisted. It was finally diagnosed because I was in the doctor's office awaiting results and I overheard a nurse say something about how she didn't think there was anything wrong with me. I got upset and was going to walk out because I felt like a fraud. It happened in the hallway where they could all see. 

I don't see Carlin's issues as the same, but I would be surprised if there wasn't a tie with her emotions and mental state. 

7 hours ago, 65mickey said:

I think Evan is even more immature than Carlin. 

I think they are both playing house and just trying to give the impression they know what they want in life and what they are doing. I understand that Carlin was apparently taking pics and video for Whitney's labor and delivery, but Evan needed to be home with the kids. They clearly don't get the idea of boundaries. Carlin was at one point on the bed with Whitney. It was shades of Katie's labor and delivery again where if you didn't know of the family you would have thought Evan and in this case Zach were a couple and Whitney was a surrogate for them. 

• Like 8

C&E started telling Layla she was going to be a big sister during Carlin's pregnancy. Once Zade was born Big Sister evolved into Sissy. S is notoriously hard for babies to pronounce as is L and Z, but I don't think Zade has mastered any or many words past dada and mama.

Carlin being at Whitney's side during labor and delivery has been happening for 10 years. Carlin was 14 or 15 when Bradley was born and she was Whitney's buddy of sorts, even though Whitney was only 19.

It seems in these large Fundy families, being in the know, is a huge deal with pregnancies, at least the mom's and then the first few sibling pregnancies. Only a select few are told about the pregnancy before an announcement is made. Only one or two siblings are allowed to know the sex of the baby early on, one sibling is the chosen labor and delivery buddy and usually a select sibling is the first (by seconds) to get the news the baby has been born. It just another way where a kid getting special attention turned into twisted game of mean girl.

• Like 6
9 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

I looked back at the timeline of Zade's birth, Evan graduating from his apprenticeship and Carlin's episodes. I agree that there is definitely a connection among these things. Zade was born  March 27, 2022. Evan finished his program around the end of April 2022. I couldn't find the dates but I think Carlin's  episodes started around the first of May 2022.  Carlin was probably overwhelmed with caring for a 2 year old and a new infant along with postpartum depression and  anxiety. Also the TV show was cancelled shortly before Zade's birth and her buddy Katie had just moved to New Jersey. C&E were in the process of buying a house.  So there was a lot going on in her life. The thought of Evan working 40 hours a week and leaving her alone all of this time  probably sent her over the edge. Carlin and Evan have both shown that they need constant stimulation and family around most of the time for them to be happy and content. And if Evan thinks that pushing Carlin to get pregnant now will solve their problems he better think again about this.

I never thought that Carlin was faking her episodes and I think that Evan was terrifed of losing her and all of the responsibilities being on him. But after months went by with no diagnosis they figured out a way to play this to their advantage. And now they have to come up with a way to keep the plan going. And for most of these folks they turn to let's have another baby. Anytime they hint in the YT videos of a pregnancy or Carlin having a medical emergency the views go way up. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 2
5 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

C&E started telling Layla she was going to be a big sister during Carlin's pregnancy. Once Zade was born Big Sister evolved into Sissy. S is notoriously hard for babies to pronounce as is L and Z, but I don't think Zade has mastered any or many words past dada and mama.

Zade isn't that verbal yet, which is pretty normal for second children who have people speaking for him. Layla wasn't that verbal either at the same age, if I remember correctly. I think Carlin and Evan did the Sissy thing for Zade, if that makes sense, as they speak for him to her. "Brother wants Sissy to give him the ball." I think that Carlin picked up on it from Whitney who referred or refers to Kaci as Sissy, especially when it was just Bradley and Kaci. There were times on the show that Whitney would call Kaci Sis or Sissy. 

Layla is probably figuring it out in  her head why most people have one name that Carlin/Evan call them and a different name for her to call them. Pre-K is one of the ages where that becomes evident. Why is he Daddy to me when Mommy calls him Evan? She wouldn't be able to explain it but she may think she needs to identify as her relationship rather than as her name - Sissy makes sense to her.

• Like 4
3 hours ago, 65mickey said:

I looked back at the timeline of Zade's birth, Evan graduating from his apprenticeship and Carlin's episodes. I agree that there is definitely a connection among these things. Zade was born  March 27, 2022. Evan finished his program around the end of April 2022. I couldn't find the dates but I think Carlin's  episodes started around the first of May 2022.  Carlin was probably overwhelmed with caring for a 2 year old and a new infant along with postpartum depression and  anxiety. Also the TV show was cancelled shortly before Zade's birth and her buddy Katie had just moved to New Jersey. C&E were in the process of buying a house.  So there was a lot going on in her life. The thought of Evan working 40 hours a week and leaving her alone all of this time  probably sent her over the edge. Carlin and Evan have both shown that they need constant stimulation and family around most of the time for them to be happy and content. And if Evan thinks that pushing Carlin to get pregnant now will solve their problems he better think again about this.

I never thought that Carlin was faking her episodes and I think that Evan was terrifed of losing her and all of the responsibilities being on him. But after months went by with no diagnosis they figured out a way to play this to their advantage. And now they have to come up with a way to keep the plan going. And for most of these folks they turn to let's have another baby. Anytime they hint in the YT videos of a pregnancy or Carlin having a medical emergency the views go way up. 

Carlin had her first episode shortly before L&T's wedding which was 5/12/22. I think her initial episodes were real and had to do with anemia, lack of sleep and the stress of a new baby. But... I think they were quick pass-outs, if you will, and were fewer and farther between. I think Carlin (& maybe Evan was in on it) started to exaggerate their intensity and length.

I think long before Evan finished his apprenticeship, they planned on him quitting so I don't think Carlin was stressed about that. Second babies are often the hardest babies to adjust to. Even more so than the first or any that come after. I'm guessing they jumped on the episodes and used them as an excuse for Evan quitting.

IMO, Carlin's episode lies grew and grew until C&E had a monster on their hands. Again, IMO, every MD appointment they've had since they've moved are just bullshit appointments for appearances only, until their monster fades away.

• Like 7

Wasn't it last October when they first brought up having the 4 day hospital EEG done? They are coming up on a year and still no EEG. Everytime they have a Doctor's appointment it's always a different reason why this hasn't been scheduled. No sane person who was really worried about seizures and passing out would have put up with this not being scheduled. They would have been on the Dr's case wanting answers.  

• Like 6
  • Useful 1
47 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

Wasn't it last October when they first brought up having the 4 day hospital EEG done? They are coming up on a year and still no EEG. Everytime they have a Doctor's appointment it's always a different reason why this hasn't been scheduled. No sane person who was really worried about seizures and passing out would have put up with this not being scheduled. They would have been on the Dr's case wanting answers.  

Based on their convoluted logic and perspective, they misunderstood that they were supposed to request it/get it scheduled. They were under the assumption that it would be done for her. 

My interpretation is that the neurologist probably said something like, "we've done all we can do at this point and are not finding any signs or problems that would result in what you are experiencing. The only thing left would be an in-patient EEG over several days. That might help us capture one of your seizures on the machines." 

Carlin and Evan assumed that was what was going to happen and went on their merry, recording way. Carlin really isn't a great advocate for herself. She lacks the natural curiosity about herself or her kids. When Zade's tests came back high in lead, she mentioned that the doctor said it could affect his IQ among other things. She blew it off as him maybe needing extra help in school if that happened. She was confused about what his next appointment would be requiring. 

As someone who went through a lot of tests and switching to different specialists because the last one said it wasn't his/her/their area, I get that it is annoying. Doctors do speak hypothetically sometimes. When they thought I had a heart issue (turned out to be brain), the doctor mentioned a tilt table test. He said that one might help in the diagnosis. I said, "great sign me up." A month went by and I went in for my follow up. I had been calling to schedule the test and was told that the orders had not come through. In front of the doctor again, I asked about the test. He looked at his notes and didn't see anything about it. Then he said, "that might be a good test to see what's going on with you. Would you be willing to do that?" WTH? I'm an overeducated and well-read woman. I can't imagine that Carlin would be as persistent about such things. 

• Like 8
2 hours ago, 65mickey said:

Actually. they first mentioned it early summer of 2022, maybe early July.  At that point, they were complaining that the testing schedule was so full, that they couldn't schedule the test before October.  It was kind of obvious that Evan and Carlin expected the doctor to pull strings and move her to the head of the line and bump someone else who'd already waited months for the test.

Then, of course, time passed with lots of episodes and finally October rolled around, but they then complained that the earliest the test could be done was January.  In other words, they didn't schedule the test when it was ordered and instead whined and complained when they once again were not shoved to the front of the line but expected to wait again and, based on what they've posted; Carlin still hasn't scheduled an appointment for the test.

Since both Carlin and Evan have seemingly been well aware of the lag between scheduling and getting the test, I think they simply didn't bother scheduling it because Carlin really didn't want to do it. I do think they wanted the doctor to intervene and get her scheduled sooner so they could talk about how she was such a bad case that she needed priority over everyone else.  They seemed to really enjoy rushing to the ER via ambulance all the time and filming events there; an emergency EEG probably sounded more interesting to them. I also suspect they might've asked about Evan and the kids spending the 5 days in the hospital with her and filming stuff for You Tube and were advised that that wasn't happening.

Edited by Notabug
  • Like 4
  • Useful 3
4 minutes ago, Notabug said:

Actually. they first mentioned it early summer of 2022, maybe early July.  At that point, they were complaining that the testing schedule was so full, that they couldn't schedule the test before October.  It was kind of obvious that Evan and Carlin expected the doctor to pull strings and move her to the head of the line and bump someone else who'd already waited months for the test.

Then, of course, time passed with lots of episodes and finally October rolled around, but they then complained that the earliest the test could be done was January.  In other words, they didn't schedule the test when it was ordered and instead whined and complained when they once again were not shoved to the front of the line but expected to wait again.

This is how I remember it. Logic is not at play here. You schedule testing whenever they can get you in. Logic would say wow, I better schedule now, who knows how long it will be if I put it off.

• Like 8
4 minutes ago, Notabug said:

Then, of course, time passed with lots of episodes and finally October rolled around, but they then complained that the earliest the test could be done was January.  In other words, they didn't schedule the test when it was ordered and instead whined and complained when they once again were not shoved to the front of the line but expected to wait again and, based on what they've posted; Carlin still hasn't scheduled an appointment for the test.

They said they thought the doctor was going to schedule it for them. Of course, now that they know it's on them, it still hasn't happened. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 2

I can give them a pass on the first scheduling mishap. They're not the sharpest tools and it's easy to miscommunicate when you're being overwhelmed with information. However once it was made clear the onus was on them to make the appointment, Carlin should've been on the phone that day, taking whatever was available. I've always found their logic strange. Calling in October and being told they can't schedule til January doesn't mean call back in January and get in a week later, yet that's how they seem to be interpreting things. Either they really are that dumb or they're willfully ensuring this test never happens. 

• Like 5

Yes as @Notabug said the 5 day EEG was recommended after the at home one was inconclusive. The home test was done during their last days at the apartment. While they did think the doctor was going to schedule the test, they found out rather soon it would be up to them to do it. They continued and continue to drop the ball.

Narrator: There will never be a 5 day EEG.

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2