Type keyword(s) to search

Carlin and Evan: But Mostly Carlin!

• Start Topic

When Carlin was reprimanding Layla for spilling the nail polish I was half-expecting Layla to clap back with, "But Mommy, you're the one who told me to dump it on the floor and smear it around!." Remember a while back when everyone's kid was getting into the flour? Looks like the trend has been resurrected 🙄.

• Like 5
  • LOL 2
2 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

When Carlin was reprimanding Layla for spilling the nail polish I was half-expecting Layla to clap back with, "But Mommy, you're the one who told me to dump it on the floor and smear it around!." Remember a while back when everyone's kid was getting into the flour? Looks like the trend has been resurrected 🙄.

Yup, so far Layla has gotten into to flour, make-up and now nail polish. Funny how the nail polish is only on the cleanable floor. Not on Layla's dress, the vanity or the fluffy white bathmat. Funny too that Layla didn't open the real nail polish bottles next to her. Also funny Carlin tagged the kid nail polish in the post.

• Like 5
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Yup, so far Layla has gotten into to flour, make-up and now nail polish. Funny how the nail polish is only on the cleanable floor. Not on Layla's dress, the vanity or the fluffy white bathmat. Funny too that Layla didn't open the real nail polish bottles next to her. Also funny Carlin tagged the kid nail polish in the post.

Where are the child’s toys?  I remember a doll.  If she had other things to distract her, I doubt she’d be into nail polish.  Since its obvious they read here, maybe on one of their daily Target trips, they can find some colorful blocks, shape sorters or something that stimulates heir child’s mind.  

Edited by clueless101
  • Like 5
Just now, clueless101 said:

Where are the child’s toys?  I remember a doll.  If she had other things to distract her, I doubt she’d be into nail polish.  Since i’s obvious they read here, maybe on one of their daily Target tris, they can find some colorful blocks, shape sorters or something that stimulates heir child’s mind.  

They did a FU internet a couple of weeks ago and showed Layla playing with toys. So that is likely it for the year. 🤣

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

Are we supposed to think it’s cute that Layla is “obsessed” with nail polish? Well Carlin, it’s not. It just shows how dumb you and Evan are as parents. Even if it’s staged or Layla was encouraged by Carlin, it’s just for SM clicks.

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2
15 hours ago, Spazamanaz said:

I hate how she dresses her kids. Why dress just the upper half of a kid?!  

Carlin only cares about the headwrap so everyone knows she's a girl.  Looks more like the victim of a head injury in this instance, though.

15 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Can anyone identify the pills? Well, at least she can complain about all the side effects now too. 

I just wish one of them said Ortho Novum on the side.

• LOL 9
  • Love 2

Can I ask something I’m not sure has been brought up here? Is it not time for Layla to at least be working on potty training? It appears that Willow is already and are they not close in age? Does it hurt Carlin’s “mama heart” to see her out of diapers??? 

• Applause 6
21 minutes ago, writerwoman said:

Can I ask something I’m not sure has been brought up here? Is it not time for Layla to at least be working on potty training? It appears that Willow is already and are they not close in age? Does it hurt Carlin’s “mama heart” to see her out of diapers??? 

Each kid has their own timetable, but, considering Layla is 3 and a girl, it is probably time she was introduced to the concept and given a potty chair and some pullups for practice.  However, Carlin is much too busy with Starbucks runs, going out to get mani-pedis, eating fast food and pretending to work to bother trying to train her.  She probably worries that the kid will pee all over her drab brown/oatmeal/ tan clothing.

Carlin and Brandon do not seem to have much interest in the nuts and bolts skills of parenting though.  They seem to see their kids as dress up dolls who wear nail polish and pose for photos.  They don't bother with things like regular schedules, good nutrition and a set bedtime with bedtime rituals.  Potty training doesn't sound like much fun compared to going out to eat.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 1

At the recent rehearsal dinner, Layla came  out from under a table. She pulled her dress up, tugged at her diaper, and told Carlin that she had pooped. This was filmed from when the table cloth could be seen moving, right up to Layla saying she pooped.

Just came to mind with  potty training being mentioned.

Just wanted to add, Carlin said a while back, after they moved into the house, that they weren’t potty training yet, because they wanted Layla to get used to the new house.

Edited by ginger90
  • Like 3
  • Mind Blown 3
  • Sad 1

Back in the day potty training around age 2 was the norm. Kids show when they're ready, then its a matter of being in tune with them and listening to them. Now it seems age 3 is the norm, but the same theory applies.

With that said, routines help. Eating typical foods at set times everyday gets the digestion track to get on a schedule too. Unfortunately C&E seemed to be more caught up in themselves than they do parenting.

• Like 4
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, ginger90 said:

At the recent rehearsal dinner, Layla came  out from under a table. She pulled her dress up, tugged at her diaper, and told Carlin that she had pooped. This was filmed from when the table cloth could be seen moving, right up to Layla saying she pooped.

Just came to mind with  potty training being mentioned.

Just wanted to add, Carlin said a while back, after they moved into the house, that they weren’t potty training yet, because they wanted Layla to get used to the new house.

Nothing about a kid's personal habits, including dirty diapers and bowel movements, should ever be on social media. The internet is forever. In fifteen or twenty years, if someone wants to embarrass Layla, their work is done for them. Shades of KHate Gosselin. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 9
3 hours ago, Heathen said:

Nothing about a kid's personal habits, including dirty diapers and bowel movements, should ever be on social media. The internet is forever. In fifteen or twenty years, if someone wants to embarrass Layla, their work is done for them. Shades of KHate Gosselin. 

To me, this means she’s old enough to be potty trained. Carlin and Evan stay at home. They’re just being lazy.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Love 8
7 hours ago, Heathen said:

I agree with this. Layla will not turn 3 until January 31, 2023. I don't think she is behind in toilet training but when they are old enough to tell you they need a diaper change and they are unforgettable then it's time to start working with them on the concept of using a potty. I do wonder if her size and looking like a baby for her age has anything to do with Carlin and Evan treating her like a baby. 

• Like 2
14 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Back in the day potty training around age 2 was the norm. Kids show when they're ready, then its a matter of being in tune with them and listening to them. Now it seems age 3 is the norm, but the same theory applies.

With that said, routines help. Eating typical foods at set times everyday gets the digestion track to get on a schedule too. Unfortunately C&E seemed to be more caught up in themselves than they do parenting.

The advent of disposable diapers is the reason parents now have less of a sense of urgency when it comes to toilet training, 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Dehumidifier said:

The advent of disposable diapers is the reason parents now have less of a sense of urgency when it comes to toilet training, 

My kids were born in the 80s, when potty training was usually done at age 2. Disposable diapers were used by everyone I knew.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Dehumidifier said:

Let's do a survey!

No need. Somebody already did.

By 1980, disposables accounted for more than 90 percent of all diaper changes in the US. Diaper sales grew globally with a series of innovations from the mid-1970s to mid-1980s, including a superior fitted shape with elastic leg openings introduced in 1976 on P&G's Luvs brand.

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

No need. Somebody already did.

By 1980, disposables accounted for more than 90 percent of all diaper changes in the US. Diaper sales grew globally with a series of innovations from the mid-1970s to mid-1980s, including a superior fitted shape with elastic leg openings introduced in 1976 on P&G's Luvs brand.

Did somebody delete their posts? 

It does not matter if Dumb and Dumber use cloth or disposable diapers. It does not matter if they do or do not have a totally bullshit reason for not yet toilet training their toddler. What matters is they filmed their toddler daughter saying and doing something that does NOT belong on social media or in public view, ever. That says more about Dumb and Dumber Stewart than anything else ever could. They used their kid for laughs and clicks without regard to that clip being available for anybody to see and embarrass Layla with in years to come. 

• Applause 13
On 10/6/2022 at 5:04 AM, GeeGolly said:

My granddaughter has been crazy for nail polish and makeup since she was around 2, so that's understandable, but why didn't Carlin tighten the lid so Layla couldn't open it?

• Like 5
1 hour ago, Dehumidifier said:

I meant a survey of moms here as to whether or not disposables made them feel less urgency in toilet training.

And how would they know if they never used cloth diapers? Other than folks who chose cloth diapers for personal reasons, disposables have been around since the 70s. The only ones who would know if disposables made them more laid-back in training are folks that had kids in the 60s and 70s, because they would/could have used both. I'm going to guess you have a rather small sample on here.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Like 2

Serious question: Have Carlin and Evan spent more than a week straight in their house?

I find it weird how Carlin was so pressed to buy, to the point that she was crying on YouTube, and now that she finally owns something she's never there and the place looks like a half-furnished insurance office. It's like she wants all the adult milestones but doesn't want the responsibility. I have friends and family who love to travel, but I get the vibe Carlin isn't experiencing life as much as she is running away. 

• Like 12
  • Love 7

I really don’t think she likes the domestic like she was led to believe she was supposed to have. I think she had kids too soon in her marriage, and this is why she has all of these supposed seizures. Then she can have an excuse to have someone—Evan, take over instead of leaving her alone with the kids.

• Sad 6
  • Useful 5

Potty training for working moms is different than for stay at home moms.  

I’m guessing working moms do the big push on long holiday weekends or vacation weeks. 

I also understand some daycare facilities won’t take little ones that aren’t potty trained. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 1

I assume they are going to Nashville.  

As far as the diaper/toilet training survey goes: My kids were born in 1988, 1990, and 1992.  I did use cloth diapers for the two oldest when they were about 6 months old, but not the youngest (I was just too tired).  I started toilet training the oldest (a girl) when she was about 15 months old- not because I was expecting results but because she would sit on the potty chair and look at books while I was in the shower.  She was out of diapers by 2 1/2.  My second, a boy, was around 2 1/2 when I started potty training him.  He was out of diapers in 2 weeks.  I tried with the youngest (boy) at around the same age but he was not as cooperative and it took a year.  Out of diapers at 3 1/2. 
If Layla is aware enough to tell everyone when she has pooped then they should start introducing the potty.  My guess is they are too lazy and don’t want to stay close to home.  But really, I used to bring the potty seat with me when we visited the grandparents so there is no excuse. 

Edited by 3 is enough
  • Like 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 5