Type keyword(s) to search

Carlin and Evan: But Mostly Carlin!

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I agree and I don't think you're being mean. Kelly has repeatedly said her doctors have told her to lose weight. Nobody expects her to be a size 2 in middle age, but she doesn't do much to help her cause. Now I see where Carlin gets it. 

Carlin and Kelly have the biggest mouths in Tennessee. They’re exhausting!

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

Hmm - why so quiet all of a sudden? Per Katie/Trav, Evan/Carlin left sometime during the day today; I assume it was during the day bc they had already left by the time Katie/Trav were taking Jeb/Jud to the beach and you usually go to the beach by mid day.

Evan/Carlin are the worst type of houseguests - lol. You ask them to come for a weekend, their idea of weekend = 5 days. I don't think Katie/Trav mind as I think they both like having buffers around, and Evan and Trav actually get along so it isn't like an awkward brother in law interaction for 5 days. But Jesus Evan/Carlin talk about over-staying. I mean as much as I think Trav doesn't mind them, he did say in the car today that they're exhausted and have done so much stuff in the last 4 days - bc of course that's how it is with houseguests.

But yeah with a mid morning/afternoon flight that is only 2 hrs - they're STILL quiet at 8 pm? Hmm . . . . Guess we can look forward to them popping back on at some point being like guys we've been SOOOOO busy [being houseguests?], you can't imagine how much we have to do now - get the mail, unpack the suitcases, a load of laundry etc. 

And per Lydia, Trace/Lydia's wedding is 19 days away - so the hoopla begins again for these two in 2.5 wks and between now and then there's a Cash and Carry. Talk about a packed schedule - who could hold down a job with this much obligation? Lol

• Like 6
  • LOL 1
27 minutes ago, cereality said:

Hmm - why so quiet all of a sudden? Per Katie/Trav, Evan/Carlin left sometime during the day today; I assume it was during the day bc they had already left by the time Katie/Trav were taking Jeb/Jud to the beach and you usually go to the beach by mid day.

Evan/Carlin are the worst type of houseguests - lol. You ask them to come for a weekend, their idea of weekend = 5 days. I don't think Katie/Trav mind as I think they both like having buffers around, and Evan and Trav actually get along so it isn't like an awkward brother in law interaction for 5 days. But Jesus Evan/Carlin talk about over-staying. I mean as much as I think Trav doesn't mind them, he did say in the car today that they're exhausted and have done so much stuff in the last 4 days - bc of course that's how it is with houseguests.

But yeah with a mid morning/afternoon flight that is only 2 hrs - they're STILL quiet at 8 pm? Hmm . . . . Guess we can look forward to them popping back on at some point being like guys we've been SOOOOO busy [being houseguests?], you can't imagine how much we have to do now - get the mail, unpack the suitcases, a load of laundry etc. 

And per Lydia, Trace/Lydia's wedding is 19 days away - so the hoopla begins again for these two in 2.5 wks and between now and then there's a Cash and Carry. Talk about a packed schedule - who could hold down a job with this much obligation? Lol

Dog help us. Another Bates wedding. Then another Bates spawn. Cue the attention-hogging. 

Anybody want to make a bet on when Carlin will post something about another "episode"? 

Edited by Heathen
I think it's "cue." I apologize to one and all.
  • Like 5
  • Love 1
16 minutes ago, Heathen said:

Dog help us. Another Bates wedding. Then another Bates spawn. Queue the attention-hogging. 

Anybody want to make a bet on when Carlin will post something about another "episode"? 

She's definitely going to have one at the cash and carry. I think she's had episodes at the last three. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

The cash and carry is 11 days away. Between now and then she could sit her ass down at home, rest, eat 3 real meals per day with no Sbux or Sonic; not that that necessarily prevents anything but it can’t hurt. But nah 11 days means at least a trip to Nashville and some other made up running around. At least she won’t have anything to do for the wedding except attend since Lydia is Josie’s bestie so no way are they including Carlin in anything leading up to the wedding; she’ll show up like any other guest except with a douchy husband carrying a mic-ed up camera.

• Like 4
  • LOL 4
11 minutes ago, cereality said:

The cash and carry is 11 days away. Between now and then she could sit her ass down at home, rest, eat 3 real meals per day with no Sbux or Sonic; not that that necessarily prevents anything but it can’t hurt. But nah 11 days means at least a trip to Nashville and some other made up running around. At least she won’t have anything to do for the wedding except attend since Lydia is Josie’s bestie so no way are they including Carlin in anything leading up to the wedding; she’ll show up like any other guest except with a douchy husband carrying a mic-ed up camera.

I'd love to be a fly on the wall when the other Bateses are discussing Carlin. I bet they can snark with the best of them. 

I've got a Starbucks gift card that says Carlin butts into all the wedding photos with that stupid open-mouthed expression of hers. 

• LOL 8
12 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

So Layla had to fly back to TN with a double ear infection? And this is after being dragged to NJ while on the tail end of a cold and fever? That poor child. 

Sounds like the ear infection was when they first got to NJ - as she said her ears were hurting on the flight over. So it sounds like land in NJ, cheesesteaks etc. until midnight the first night, then nails etc. the next day [where Layla has some kind of ear plugs/cotton in her ear] THEN take the kid to urgent care in NJ [nails were first bc the kid's nails are already pink at the appt], and then continue on with Ocean City blah blah.

The kids were sick the weekend before they left. Guess it was already an ear infection then/was escalating but they didn't think to take her in in Tenn bc they assumed it was just a cold?

And of course they aren't home. Back to Evan's parents' house. I get it they landed in Nashville but dear God don't they ever get tired of being in others' homes/living out of suitcases. I would have just landed and done the 3 hr drive home immediately and been done - instead of piddling away the rest of the week w/ his parents and then going home.

Edited by cereality
  • Like 4
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, cereality said:

don't they ever get tired of being in others' homes/living out of suitcases.

If I had to guess, I'd say no. Carlin and Evan living as permanent houseguests means they never have to take responsibility for anything. Whoever's hosting them cooks, cleans, entertains, washes the sheets, washes the towels, plays tour guide, provides babysitting, dog sitting, etc. All Carlin and Evan have to do is plonk their butts down and enjoy. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 5
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Is Kelly J still in New Jersey?  I see the boys are!

In a video yesterday, on the way to the beach, Katie said Evan and Carlin had already left. She said her parents were leaving tomorrow (today).

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

Years ago as an adult I had to attend a training in San Diego. I had an ear infection and those flights were hell, it didn’t help that my throat was also hurting. Thankfully it was a short flight, Sacramento to SD. I really feel sorry for Layla. I guess it didn’t occur to them to stay home and take care of their kids. There’s no way Evan was going to miss his debut as a swimming pink sperm. It would be nice if they acquired a few firing neurons and grew the hell up.

• Like 9
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, Meow Mix said:

Poor Layla.  I had ear infections occasionally as a kid and they hurt.  Fortunately, my parents weren't dumb enough to take me on a flight and galivant all over the place while I was sick.  

Well, it's been firmly established that these two are complete morons. Poor little mite.

• Like 3
  • Love 4

Kids who have slow growth are more prone to ear infections after a cold or flu because their eustachian tubes stay horizontal longer, which makes it harder for any fluids to drain. Kids with typical growth rates reach an 'angled tube' sooner. This is likely not the first ear infection for Layla, nor the last.

• Sad 5
  • Useful 3
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

E57CD945-7DD1-4D44-8D40-5DFDA3501667.jpeg

Layla sure had a lot of energy for being past midnight. Girlfriend won’t be a singer but she has the volume and enthusiasm. Kudos to Zade for giving his sister the best baby side eye I’ve seen since Davia Waller. 😂

@GeeGolly now I feel sadder that Layla will maybe experience more infections than the average kid. That was me, I thought amoxicillin was a treat. Layla needs someone who can advocate and care for her. We can’t count on her maternal grandparents to provide guidance. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 4
13 minutes ago, SheTV said:

Have we discussed "anabiotics" yet?  This is the second time in the last couple weeks she's used this instead of antibiotics.

BB1474BA-87C9-41CD-9292-BF6F97E561B5.thumb.jpeg.96d30746f94fad3395d81ab4f91322c7.jpeg

Carlin has interesting ideas about words. I think she spends too much time looking in the "mirra" and too little time reading. 

• Like 3
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3

Layla's what 2 or 3? Not to say little kids don't like nail polish and princess dresses, but I feel its sad that Layla is encouraged to find these things important. We need our kids (and society as a whole) to stop all this shallow bullshit. Parents need to whip out the cameras when kids are being kind, overcoming a struggle, learning a new skill, etc.

But Layla is mimicking her parents and as mentioned, the attention she gets for it reinforces its importance.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Like 4
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

We need our kids (and society as a whole) to stop all this shallow bullshit. Parents need to whip out the cameras when kids are being kind, overcoming a struggle, learning a new skill, etc.

I agree and Carlin isn't even as bad as Alyssa. Those poor Webster girls look like they're scared shitless to have a stray hair out of place. 

• Sad 7
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

I owe Carlin and Evan an apology. They come across as very lazy. I was wrong, it takes work, commitment, and time to find the ugly decorating ideas they use. 

And yes to the lady fingers resemblance. I’ve heard for years to never go grocery shopping when hungry. For the Stewarts it also applies to shopping for decor. 

• LOL 15
2 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

A baby trifle? 😁

Quit making me crave a snack! 😂 Layla’s bed sheets were delivered. The amount of color is amazing. I kid, I kid. I remember decorating SBaby’s nursery, Snoopy theme in all the pretty colors. By age two she let us know what she wanted. What a waste of a good opportunity to teach Layla colors, shapes, etc. She’s going to grow up thinking she’s color blind. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Layla's what 2 or 3? Not to say little kids don't like nail polish and princess dresses, but I feel its sad that Layla is encouraged to find these things important. We need our kids (and society as a whole) to stop all this shallow bullshit. Parents need to whip out the cameras when kids are being kind, overcoming a struggle, learning a new skill, etc.

But Layla is mimicking her parents and as mentioned, the attention she gets for it reinforces its importance.

949F8818-7BD4-4150-A9C6-957A365E524E.jpeg

• Hugs 1
  • Love 3
13 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

By putting up the Oh Baby sign we are guaranteed to see another DIY for Zade in  a year or so. They somehow found the most boringest boring decor in two kids rooms!

Next sign: Oh Toddler!

• LOL 9
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

It didn’t look like they washed the bed linens before they put them on her bed.  To each their own, but for me that’s a big NO.

Omg, that is a huge no. My mother's friend ended up in the hospital after he wore a suit from Men's Warehouse without having it cleaned first. The doctors think some sort of chemical spilled on the fabric in whatever sweatshop it came out of, and it caused severe burns on his legs. Always, always, ALWAYS wash anything you buy before it touches your skin. 

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 1