Type keyword(s) to search

Carlin and Evan: But Mostly Carlin!

• Start Topic

I know that in an apartment I had that the sink and tub drains were connected but I've always had the impression that toilet drains are a separate (hopefully sturdier LOL) pipe. Anyone know for sure? I agree, flushing wipes could be the problem there.

It seems like a number of Bates/Bates-in-law men quit solid jobs for things like family tree business, so Evan wouldn’t be the first. It would be dumb if he stopped working as an electrician but he and Carlin don’t always make decisions that make sense. Especially long term.

• Like 3
33 minutes ago, Peanut6711 said:

And if they do make the callosal mistake of Evan not returning to his electrician job, I suspect the shilling, pimping, and propping will get even more obnoxious if it's their main source of income.  Imagine Carlin standing at the gas pump gushing about how much Exxon makes her motor rev in an attempt to get free gasoline. 

🤣😂🤣🤣

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
23 minutes ago, Dehumidifier said:

I know that in an apartment I had that the sink and tub drains were connected but I've always had the impression that toilet drains are a separate (hopefully sturdier LOL) pipe. Anyone know for sure? I agree, flushing wipes could be the problem there.

They don’t have to be separate, but  they’d each have to have their own trap. The toilet pipe would be bigger, so anything else would drain into it after the trap.

Gil quit a good paying job to grift, Zach did the same. But not the sons in law. John works in the family’s HVAC business, Bobby works for Kelton’s plumbing business, Brandon works for IBLP, and Travis is a sales rep, plus works for the family business. If he quits, Evan will be the first SIL to dismiss his work ethic and upbringing to become a grifter like Gil. I do really hope the strength of Evan’s relationship with his parents prevails. I doubt Evan’s dad will stay quiet if his son wants to grift instead of using his hard earned skills. 

• Like 7
  • Useful 1

Evidently the no working works for Zack!  He left his job and never looked back and they seem to be doing just fine. 

Could it be that Bitcoin made them all fabulously wealthy?  Lol

Actually I could see something like that happening!

16 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

Evidently the no working works for Zack!  He left his job and never looked back and they seem to be doing just fine. 

Could it be that Bitcoin made them all fabulously wealthy?  Lol

Actually I could see something like that happening!

No way these halfwits understand bitcoin.

• Like 3
Just now, Cinnabon said:

No way these halfwits understand bitcoin.

I didn’t say they understood it. Lol

I know a number of people that made quite a bit of money on Bitcoin and they didn’t have a lick of sense. 

What they did have was someone telling them about it then when to buy and sell. 

• LOL 1
1 hour ago, SMama said:

Gil quit a good paying job to grift, Zach did the same. But not the sons in law. John works in the family’s HVAC business, Bobby works for Kelton’s plumbing business, Brandon works for IBLP, and Travis is a sales rep, plus works for the family business. If he quits, Evan will be the first SIL to dismiss his work ethic and upbringing to become a grifter like Gil. I do really hope the strength of Evan’s relationship with his parents prevails. I doubt Evan’s dad will stay quiet if his son wants to grift instead of using his hard earned skills. 

I think ages ago Chad worked for a company but left it to work on his own. Isn’t working for yourself part of the Gothard rules?

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, SMama said:

I hope so too.  His dad seems to be very grounded. I'm sure he would have a long talk with Evan about how stupid that decision would be.  Also, Evan seems to value his parents' opinions.  

• Like 1
  • Love 2
37 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

I think ages ago Chad worked for a company but left it to work on his own. Isn’t working for yourself part of the Gothard rules?

I can’t believe I forgot the first SIL, Chad. 🤦🏽‍♀️He did quit working for some scrap metal place to become self-employed. I have no idea how good a job it was though. IIRC Bobby replaced Chad but didn’t last long.

• Like 4

I hope you all are right that Evan would listen to his parents on this but I don't see it. From what little we've seen, his parents seem like the traditional, grounded, supportive types. As in maybe dad is having/will have man to man talks with Evan regarding needing to go back to a job with a steady long term paycheck, retirement, and esp. insurance now that he has a wife who may have a continuing health problem. Yet I also see Evan's parents being the quiet types - like they speak their opinion once calmly and then say - but you're a grown man, you can do what's best for your family, we'll pray that you get guidance. I don't see them harping on it, yelling, lecturing etc.

And while Evan was raised by his parents, he's been on the scene with Carlin for 6 yrs - since age 21. He's always been a prima donna wannabe music star and I think was really really impressed with the Bates for having their own show and LOVED having cameras following him and funding their experiences; so now if he can make money by "replicating" that fame with social media you know he's going to be like - what - my parents raised me to be a man that takes care of my family, and I am, this makes $. PLUS he's learned from the grifters - once he pulls out the - God laid it on my heart that I should put the electrician thing on pause in this season of life and not leave Carlin, what are his parents going to say?

I mean we don't know that his parents haven't been speaking to Evan already and it's made no difference. I mean from weeks 3-about 7 she was largely ok on a day to day basis. They could have been encouraging him to leave Carlin and the kids with them and go to work to save his time off for when she needed to go off the meds for the EEG; they could have been suggesting that they ask one of the Bates sisters to watch her and maybe even offer to pay since it'd be taking away from that person's time with their business [like Michaela].

• Like 3
  • Love 2

And then she features herself sitting at the Stewarts' game night with sunglasses and giant headphones on to block some light and sound to ease her headache. You know what would be quieter and you could turn out the lights and just sit in the dark - your OWN freaking home?? If she is feeling that bad, why the hell are they traveling?? Why are they going to child recitals? His siblings all live nearby and have stopped in with their kids/sat around played games at least twice since Sat. Of course it's going to be loud with other grandkids visiting their grandparents. Why not stay in your own freaking home and farm out your kids for some grandparent time or Michael/Brandon babysitting for a few hours each day??

• Like 6
  • Love 7
5 hours ago, cereality said:

He's always been a prima donna wannabe music star

LOL! What kind of “‘music?” 🤣🤣🤣

4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

1DC183D3-29BE-4353-8760-291FD00A67E7.jpeg

Her fans have the same abominable grammar skills that she does.

• LOL 3

Why would they even post about Zade being ill?  First, it was more than a cold if he needed breathing treatments- possibly Covid or RSV.  But as long as he is ok now, the should have kept it to themselves.  They are just opening themselves up to criticism, and given their dependance on the clicks it's not the best idea.  I guess they are trying to be "relatable". 🙄

• Like 3
  • Love 3

You have to wonder exactly how sick the poor baby was before they considered taking him to the ER (was it the ER?) Not sure why they think exploiting their child’s illness for clicks is “relatable.” Most people know that breathing treatments aren’t necessary for “little colds.”

• Like 6
  • Love 2
14 minutes ago, YupItsMe said:

For some reason, if it happens they feel the need to post about it.

Yes, the reason being that they insist on exploiting their young kids for $$$$ instead of working to support the kids. And they’re laughing because so many continue to click and fill their coffers.

• Sad 2
  • Useful 1
5 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

Yes, the reason being that they insist on exploiting their young kids for $$$$ instead of working to support the kids. And they’re laughing because so many continue to click and fill their coffers.

They for sure exploit their kids, but no money was made off this picture. I'm guessing they're part of the crowd that enjoys sympathy.

• Like 3

No money has been made off the pic YET. Yet I bet Zade's cold + breathing treatments show up in next weekend's video - whether as the topic of the entire video or 1/3 of the video split btwn Zade's issues, mama's issues, and whatever they did for fun at the inlaws' house. They really are jumping on the - medical stories make $ bandwagon. People need to stop watching their freaking videos. Last one I watched was Carlin's hysterical anxiety breakdown re we'll never get a house OMG . . . glad those morons bought at the exact peak of the market.

And as Reddit is pointing out - no dr would prescribe that mask if Zade really needed breathing treatments. They're prescribe a baby sized mask bc fit is important. W/ the mask that Evan is holding, whatever comes out of the middle of the mask then drifts below and circles right out by the baby's chin so how much treatment is he even getting. Anyone willing to bet that they needed to drum this up as something a bit bigger to get clicks so hey - let's just run to CVS and grab a breathing mask or here's one that brother in law used for real when an actual dr prescribed it, let's just grab this dirty old one and stick it on the baby's face, what could it hurt. 

I HIGHLY doubt they took that kid to a dr. If for no other reason that right now a dr would test for covid too and I bet they wouldn't want that.

• Like 2
  • Sad 3
  • Applause 3
(edited)
3 hours ago, cereality said:

No money has been made off the pic YET. Yet I bet Zade's cold + breathing treatments show up in next weekend's video - whether as the topic of the entire video or 1/3 of the video split btwn Zade's issues, mama's issues, and whatever they did for fun at the inlaws' house. They really are jumping on the - medical stories make $ bandwagon. People need to stop watching their freaking videos. Last one I watched was Carlin's hysterical anxiety breakdown re we'll never get a house OMG . . . glad those morons bought at the exact peak of the market.

And as Reddit is pointing out - no dr would prescribe that mask if Zade really needed breathing treatments. They're prescribe a baby sized mask bc fit is important. W/ the mask that Evan is holding, whatever comes out of the middle of the mask then drifts below and circles right out by the baby's chin so how much treatment is he even getting. Anyone willing to bet that they needed to drum this up as something a bit bigger to get clicks so hey - let's just run to CVS and grab a breathing mask or here's one that brother in law used for real when an actual dr prescribed it, let's just grab this dirty old one and stick it on the baby's face, what could it hurt. 

I HIGHLY doubt they took that kid to a dr. If for no other reason that right now a dr would test for covid too and I bet they wouldn't want that.

Covid or RSV, for sure. They are manipulative, lazy, awful people. Does Carlin even know how to pronounce or spell “nebulizer” yet? 🤣

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Like 2
  • Love 2

Carlin is back to her usual shilling self. She casually mentions Zade's "little cold" he got from "teething". I don't know about you guys, but my kids made it through teething and into their 30s, never once needing breathing treatments for a little cold. As a matter of fact, my kids have never needed a breathing treatment at all.

• Like 1
  • Love 16
5 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Carlin is back to her usual shilling self. She casually mentions Zade's "little cold" he got from "teething". I don't know about you guys, but my kids made it through teething and into their 30s, never once needing breathing treatments for a little cold. As a matter of fact, my kids have never needed a breathing treatment at all.

Exactly! And in reality, not their warped misunderstood little heads, he probably picked up that "little cold" because teething babies are constantly sticking their fingers, teethers that drop on the floor, and anything else that can soothe their sore gums into their mouth. Which means if Dumb and Dumber aren't keeping his hands clean and watching what he's sticking in his mouth or gnawing on, he's not just picking up "a little cold" but also potentially Covid, RSV, flu, norovirus, various bacteria.... you name it. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 3
17 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

He's only 4 months. Isn't that a bit young for teething?

I remember our pediatrician telling us one time when my kids were babies (like around 3-4 months) that there's activity under the gums that can bother them before their teeth push through. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 2

So back home, back to shilling, and seemingly fine - so does Evan take week 11 off next week? And for what exactly? If he has an ounce of common sense he'd go back next week just to save the remaining 2 weeks of FMLA just in case something comes up later in the year.

I mean she had a concussion and headaches so bad that she was sitting there in her inlaws' house on Sunday with headphones and sunglasses on. And then on Thursday she's back home and "working out." Granted it wasn't hard working out but she feels well enough to get down on the floor and do planks and put pressure on her body, so clearly she's better.

Wonder if she goes to Lydia's shower tomorrow. I'm guessing no. Josie is running the show as Lydia is her bestie and given some frosty relations between Josie and Carlin PLUS probably being really insulted that Trace embarrassed her and Evan multiple times on social media re how dirty they live, I'm guessing she's stepped back from Trace; and Josie, Trace, and Lydia are their own clique.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
29 minutes ago, cereality said:

Wonder if she goes to Lydia's shower tomorrow. I'm guessing no. Josie is running the show as Lydia is her bestie and given some frosty relations between Josie and Carlin PLUS probably being really insulted that Trace embarrassed her and Evan multiple times on social media re how dirty they live, I'm guessing she's stepped back from Trace; and Josie, Trace, and Lydia are their own clique.

Is she embarrassed though? The Duggar sisters seem to have a low bar from which they measure cleanliness, maybe the Bates sisters do too.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

When one of my kids was 6, he got pneumonia. Only time he ever needed breathing treatments. And that was way before the pandemic.

2 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

He's only 4 months. Isn't that a bit young for teething?

My kids both got their first teeth at four months.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

Lulz! I can see Carlin going and conveniently having an "episode" in the middle of the event. Lydia would be pissed (and so would Josie).

This is exactly as I expect it to go.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2

Deja vu with poor little Zade.  Just like Layla they let his shirt ride up to his armpits and don't bother to adjust it.  It has to be uncomfortable.  Just put him in a onesie- problem solved.  

Curious to see if she does show up at the shower tomorrow.  

• Like 4
  • Love 2

They posted a video of Carlin passing out at church during VBS. I have gone through a lot of medical issues and it takes a lot to rattle me. Watching Carlin pass out knowing no one caught her was upsetting. I understand the need for medical personnel to see what happened. That doesn’t mean it was prudent to show the footage at least four times. I get it, it was unexpected, it’s the first time there’s security footage of the fall. But darn, enough of the freak show aspect of this. 

If I had had an incident two days before, no matter how well I felt, I would have been home, not socializing at VBS. Of course Evan was not with his wife because he was filming. Put down the damn camera and do what you are perhaps placing your job in jeopardy to do, look after your wife.

Carlin was gushing today about not driving since May and how Evan drives her everywhere. After this last episode I’m not so sure about Evan returning to work. I hope someone points out to Evan that monetizing Carlin’s health issues is exploitative , but also not certain the “fans” will click indefinitely. I feel icky about this. 

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
(edited)

I don't watch their videos bc they don't need more $ and I can get the gist here. Her fall was caught on security camera? So where was Evan, why was he not by her side given that the episode with Alyssa where C was in a freaking parking lot was a few days prior? I know they had said before that Evan wasn't there bc he was off helping with VBS but really was he running to grab the footage - bc at the point they couldn't have known they'd have security camera footage.

Also interest that Reddit ppl are saying the video features a number of people who saw it happen and ignored it/went on with their business. This was at VBS. All these church obsessed ppl seem very Christ like . . . .

And sorry despite her issues Carlin is kind of a bitch. I do understand why her sisters are mostly like - whatever - they aren't showing up to babysit her kids, bring her meals etc. She's on her way home from the shower this afternoon and is GUSHING about Evan driving her home from "A SHOWER." It wasn't A SHOWER for some long lost coworker or neighbor from a decade ago, it was for your future SIL - you REALLY can't say her name or acknowledge she's marrying Trace? I realize Carlin doesn't like Lydia/Trace since they are team Josie, but I'm of the view that if I really hate you that much then fine, I'm not going to your event, I'll let you have your day without my dour face. If I do go to your event however, I'll be polite, celebrate, and wish you congrats etc. even if I'm not your bestie. It's called being an adult. She posted ONE pic from the shower and it was with bestie Whit and Tiff.

Sure NOT posting a pic doesn't mean she didn't interact with Lydia at all but come on we know every time she or her husband take a piss bc they must post it - I really think if she interacted with Lydia/Josie at any length, she would have posted a pic.

Interesting that Evan dropped on IG that it'll be a year before Carlin drives - which I think is state law. They would have Uber $ esp if he went back to work, not to mention Addie/Ellie likely drive now . . . .

Edited by cereality
  • Like 5
  • Love 2
13 minutes ago, cereality said:

I don't watch their videos bc they don't need more $ and I can get the gist here. Her fall was caught on security camera? So where was Evan, why was he not by her side given that the episode with Alyssa where C was in a freaking parking lot was a few days prior? I know they had said before that Evan wasn't there bc he was off helping with VBS but really was he running to grab the footage - bc at the point they couldn't have known they'd have security camera footage.

And sorry despite her issues Carlin is kind of a bitch. I do understand why her sisters are mostly like - whatever - they aren't showing up to babysit her kids, bring her meals etc. She's on her way home from the shower this afternoon and is GUSHING about Evan driving her home from "A SHOWER." It wasn't A SHOWER for some long lost coworker or neighbor from a decade ago, it was for your future SIL - you REALLY can't say her name or acknowledge she's marrying Trace? I realize Carlin doesn't like Lydia/Trace since they are team Josie, but I'm of the view that if I really hate you that much then fine, I'm not going to your event, I'll let you have your day without my dour face. If I do go to your event however, I'll be polite, celebrate, and wish you congrats etc. even if I'm not your bestie. It's called being an adult. She posted ONE pic from the shower and it was with bestie Whit and Tiff.

Sure NOT posting a pic doesn't mean she didn't interact with Lydia at all but come on we know every time she or her husband take a piss bc they must post it - I really think if she interacted with Lydia/Josie at any length, she would have posted a pic.

Interesting that Evan dropped on IG that it'll be a year before Carlin drives - which I think is state law. They would have Uber $ esp if he went back to work, not to mention Addie/Ellie likely drive now . . . .

Evan's not going back to work. 

I never caught what happened between Carlin and Josie. Anyone?

• Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

It seems to me this latest vlog entry is less an update and more of a hater/doubter response. As far as Carlin not driving I think they're gearing up to use that as the reason for Evan quitting his job. They keep saying a year - I hope they realize the clock starts re-ticking each time she has a seizure - so the driving restriction is a year from the last seizure, not the first

Another thing - I can't imagine asking a church for their security footage and I can't believe they said yes.

• Like 1
  • Sad 5
  • Useful 2

Agree with all of the above.

I saw the video, and if anything, I think revealing the footage makes Carlin and Evan look even worse.

For starters, it was a legitimately bad fall. Carlin was standing and then she just fell straight back. Zade's car seat broke up the momentum, but she's damn lucky she didn't crack her skull open. And yeah, there's people standing nearby who just casually look over and then go back to their conversations. Nice group of folks at that church 🙄.

Carlin had two falls within three days that resulted in hitting her head and a concussion. Normal people would sit their ass in the house and rest, but nope, she and Evan quickly resume running around like chickens with their heads cut off. They're both incredibly selfish and immature people. It's like there's no thought for the two accessories babies who could potentially have no mother if Carlin doesn't slow down. 

• Like 13
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1

I didn't watch the video but made a snarky comment - they will now probably block me.  She has some condition.  Whether she treats it or not is another story.  Drama is good for clicks and they are so dumb.

• Like 6
  • Love 4

Evan won't be returning to work now.  I know they are making money off the YouTube clicks, but how long will that last?  They just bought a house with all those expenses as well as two kids.  I guess they are just thinking about this moment, not what is going to happen a year from now.  What kind of reference would his employer give if he decided he needed to get a real world job in the future?  "Yeah, he graduated from the program, his wife had a baby and had some issues afterward and he went out on FMLA and never returned to work."  

• Like 7

I am still of the opinion that Carlin not driving is not a valid reason for Evan to not begin his career and return to work. Many wives did not drive in the past and their husbands went to work. It's called working out a shopping/errand schedule, Carlin. Shopping and errands can be done on the weekend and around a work schedule. She also has an able bodied MOTHER around who could be there in a pinch if the kids need to go to the doctor, etc. Kelly is a lazy, fair-weathered mother. She's there for parties, etc. but not when her children actually NEED her...(see Alyssa and heart surgery.) Calin also has other siblings who could pitch in and help. When I was a stay at home mom for many years, some weeks I didn't use the car at all except for grocery shopping once a week, which could be done either after Evan's work or on Saturday as stated above.....Oh, and Carlin, brew your own coffee at home.

• Like 5
  • Applause 5
  • Love 8

There's also the grocery delivery option. Or she could have Evan do curbside pick-up on his way home. She puts in the order during the day while he's at work and he gets it when he gets off. Would be a time saver as well.   Them boo-hooing about her not being able to drive reinforces the impression that they were too young to settle down and have a family.  They don't seem to know how to adapt to situations responsibly. 

• Like 9
  • Applause 1
  • Love 4

There's intermittent FMLA. Intermittent FMLA can be used for a day, half day or even for a couple of hours here and there. Of course they screwed that up because Evan already used up most of his time.

Obviously they make enough money without Evan working so they should just come clean. They should say something along the lines that they are fortunate at this time they don't need Evan's paycheck so he'll be quitting his job for now because it works best for his family at this time.

If he says he's quitting because Carlin can't drive he's an idiot.

• Like 3
  • Love 7