Type keyword(s) to search

Dan & Louise: Instant Chemistry

ESS
  • Start Topic

I just love these two together so I thought I'd put up a thread for them.  I've loved them since their scenes back in season 1! Anyone else ship them? I definitely do I can't help it.

• Love 7
(edited)
29 minutes ago, RocknRollZombie said:

Yesss!!!! They have chemistry, chemistry between two actors is what makes me get hooked on a paring/couple. (First pairing that I loved from Roseanne was Becky & Mark(Lecy&Glenn).

i’m loving the chemistry between Katey and John.

And their scenes tonight were just dynamite as well! loving them more and more....

Edited by ESS
  • Love 2

I really love them too.  Great chemistry and Louise just seems so down to earth and funny and CALM.   I would love to see her in a scene with Jackie at some point especially since we know how Jackie feels about her.   But yes I’m totally here for Dan and Louise partnering it up, I hope.

• Love 5
(edited)
2 hours ago, BeachDays said:

I really love them too.  Great chemistry and Louise just seems so down to earth and funny and CALM.   I would love to see her in a scene with Jackie at some point especially since we know how Jackie feels about her.   But yes I’m totally here for Dan and Louise partnering it up, I hope.

Spoiler

I think she might have a scene or two with Jackie because I just read an article with Katey (new I think) that mentions something about that I believe..I think Louise will have scenes with everyone at least I hope so.

Yes I agree with you about her personality I love her even more this season..a lot of managers would have fired someone if they acted like Becky did, but Louise realized Becky needed help and did the right thing and called her family so I loved that a lot that she cares.

Edited by ESS
  • Love 5

YES!

A Lousie & Jackie scene has great potential. Louise will be around for more than half (!) the season, so it could happen.

Having Katey Sagal on a show which used to star the woman who was originally thought of for Peg Bundy, and has now vacated a spot on her current show, (with which MWC was often compared back in the day) allowing her to come in is a huge mindfuck for this MWC fan. BUT I LOVE IT

• Love 2
27 minutes ago, marriedaniac said:

YES!

A Lousie & Jackie scene has great potential. Louise will be around for more than half (!) the season, so it could happen.

Having Katey Sagal on a show which used to star the woman who was originally thought of for Peg Bundy, and has now vacated a spot on her current show, (with which MWC was often compared back in the day) allowing her to come in is a huge mindfuck for this MWC fan. BUT I LOVE IT

I was never into MWC at all..but that's another story. Like I've said before Katey is fitting right into the show like she's always been there and the fact that she & Dan Goodman have such amazing & instant chemistry makes it so much better for their characters and they mesh so well together. I think more of the fans are wanting them to get together then ones that aren't as I have seen a few that aren't too keen on the idea, but so far the good is outweighing the bad on that. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, ESS said:

I don't know if anyone here likes shipper names, but I do and I think Dan & Louise need one so what do you guys think it should be?

Please NO! We have enough of these ridiculous smashed names on the soaps. Let's not perpetuate the irritation in primetime. Is it so hard to type Dan & Lu...5 whole letters?!

• Love 8
(edited)
17 minutes ago, MsTree said:

Please NO! We have enough of these ridiculous smashed names on the soaps. Let's not perpetuate the irritation in primetime. Is it so hard to type Dan & Lu...5 whole letters?!

Well I don't watch too many soaps so I wouldn't know that only one I've ever watched was ATWT, but I can believe it. Sorry I mentioned it just thought I would in case someone might want to figure one out because I know a lot of people like to think of ship names once they start to ship a couple; maybe I'll just figure a name for them out myself and keep it to myself... And you do have a point it would be hard to mash up their names together..guess you'd have to get creative with it.

Edited by ESS
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, marriedaniac said:

I don't think Dan & Roseanne even had a shipper name! </snerk>

Fun fact: Katey Sagal's middle name is Louise.

Yeah probably not, but still I think it's fun to think about at least for me and yes I know that that's neat.

• Love 1

I have to be honest and I can't help it, but I'm loving Dan with Louise more then Dan/Roseanne seeing as how I never really liked Dan/Roseanne together, but that's just me. *gifs made by me* 

Dan-Louise2x03-1.gif Dan-Louise5.gif

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Bastet said:

Flames on the side of my face hate them.

okay thanks for letting me know and that's fine some don't like them. I guess it just depends on the person.

• Love 2
(edited)
18 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

Mind if I join you at the table? I like them. I think they're fun.

Sure we can think one of together if that's okay with you I don't think it'll be easy though. I agree I think they are fun too.

I'm already getting fanfic ideas for these two as well..can't help it.  I'm trying to write one at the moment for them to get the ship going in the fanfic world.

Edited by ESS
  • Love 1
20 minutes ago, RocknRollZombie said:

Sign me up! I love writing fanfiction have made a bunch for Roseanne already mostly Becky & Mark stories. Because I will never not get over them.

and shipping names I love doing that two. me and a mutual on tumblr were coming for ship names for Becky & Mark. 

Great! well like I said we can all think of one...

I never have written anything for Roseanne or (The Conners for that matter) But I really want to try & write something for Dan & Louise because I love them so much as a pairing and no one has written anything yet my muse is in overdrive I guess you could say already just from Dan & Louise's few scenes in 2x03 (I was about to say couple, but they aren't there yet LOL) 

(edited)
4 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

Me too. I even hate the bs words "ship" and "shipper." Awful.

All the the shipping (sorry) stuff aside I can't wait for more scenes between Dan & Louise next week! from the promo photos I've seen from the episode it's gonna be another great episode.

Edited by ESS
  • Love 1

I'm so happy that Katie wasn't just featured on just one episode. And it's funny seeing her play a softer character after Sons of Anarchy. I like her chemistry with Dan, and his reluctance to betray Rosie. It feels very organic. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Chewy101 said:

I'm so happy that Katie wasn't just featured on just one episode. And it's funny seeing her play a softer character after Sons of Anarchy. I like her chemistry with Dan, and his reluctance to betray Rosie. It feels very organic. 

It's not too funny to me seeing her softer side as a character because I've seen her in a lot of other things so I guess I'm just used to it as I saw her on SOA way after seeing her in other things which wasn't like her character in SOA

• Love 1
13 hours ago, ESS said:

Have a question when did you guys start to ship Dan & Louise? their season 1 episode? or now? just curious

I liked her last season and it's great that she's back. She had an arc on Grand Hotel where she was essentially the leader of an organized crime syndicate. I like her in the Louise role. I like John Goodman, but I happen to think most of the chemistry is coming from KS. 

• Love 4
17 minutes ago, Jillybean said:

I liked her last season and it's great that she's back. She had an arc on Grand Hotel where she was essentially the leader of an organized crime syndicate. I like her in the Louise role. I like John Goodman, but I happen to think most of the chemistry is coming from KS. 

Yes I saw her in Grand Hotel as well...Yeah Katey has amazing chemistry with John for sure...and I love Louise what's not to love about her? 

3 hours ago, Jillybean said:

I like John Goodman, but I happen to think most of the chemistry is coming from KS. 

I would think that's by intent.  As noted above Dan lost the woman he has been with since high school.  Being comfortable with and attracted to Louise should make him feel somewhat ill at ease.   The feelings may be real, admitting them and adjusting to them may prove difficult and confusing. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
(edited)
2 hours ago, snarkylady said:

I would think that's by intent.  As noted above Dan lost the woman he has been with since high school.  Being comfortable with and attracted to Louise should make him feel somewhat ill at ease.   The feelings may be real, admitting them and adjusting to them may prove difficult and confusing. 

This is exactly what I think as well, totally agree with you and we already know how Louise feels about him and it's been like that since high school for her.

Edited by ESS
  • Love 4
16 minutes ago, ESS said:

This is exactly what I think as well, totally agree with you and we already know how Louise feels about him and it's been like that since high school for her.

Seems like Dan could have had the pick of the women he went to high school with. That's what happens when you're a good man in a sea of jerks.

• Love 6
(edited)
59 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

Seems like Dan could have had the pick of the women he went to high school with. That's what happens when you're a good man in a sea of jerks.

Yes I agree he could have for sure...

More gifs from 2x03: The Preemie Monologues  

Dan-Louise2x03-2.gif Dan-Louise2x03-4.gif

Edited by ESS
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, snarkylady said:

I get what you're saying, but my comment was that most of the chemistry is coming from Katey (not from Louise) as opposed to John (not Dan). I'm commenting on the acting. Dan says how much he likes her but it didn't feel that way at all. I can't tell if JG has lost a step or if he's just playing Dan very, very low-key. I'd be OK with them accelerating his moving-on process. He's not used to being alone, and widowers are known to partner up again pretty quickly. Plus, they already ret-conned Dan's death, they may as well let him have some fun!

• Love 3

I really didn't know what to think about Dan's offer of hanging out and dinner once a week with Louise, but not calling it dating.  He wants companionship but not the prospect of a marriage at this point.  Louise has other ideas but is "going to give him time."  Louise was ultra cool when Dan called her "Rose."  I was surprised Dan was willing to hang out and do dinner but not call it dating <wink, wink> with Louise so soon after she's shown up in Lanford again.  I like Louise and love Katey Segal so am not in a hurry to get her off my TV screen!  Katey/Louise fits with the Show just fine.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, CrystalBlue said:

I really didn't know what to think about Dan's offer of hanging out and dinner once a week with Louise, but not calling it dating.  He wants companionship but not the prospect of a marriage at this point.  Louise has other ideas but is "going to give him time."  Louise was ultra cool when Dan called her "Rose."  I was surprised Dan was willing to hang out and do dinner but not call it dating <wink, wink> with Louise so soon after she's shown up in Lanford again.  I like Louise and love Katey Segal so am not in a hurry to get her off my TV screen!  Katey/Louise fits with the Show just fine.

Yeah that was a little odd of him not to call it dating, to me it sounds like dating....but I love Dan & Louise together so I don't care what he calls it I'm just glad he wants to hang out and be with her and she'll be patient with him that's good for me. 

• Love 4

Just being honest here, but it seems at least to me that Dan & Louise have a lot more things in common then Dan & Roseanne did, but that’s just me & I think that’s why I love them so much more and think they fit so much better and of course their chemistry is amazing too on top of it all.

Also I love how Louise treats Dan as I don’t think Roseanne treated him well a lot of the times. just my opinion of course.

• Love 4

I can see Dan not being comfortable with ‘dating’.  It’s been 50 years since he’s dated anyone but Rosie.   Hanging out is  different- less pressure.  Less explaining to his offspring.   I didn’t like this pairing last season- but I liked the scenes together tonight. An entirely different  personality than Rosie.   I didn’t like Married with Children - especially Peg, and never watches SOA, so I had to let Katey grow on me. 
Loved the instant ‘ you’ll come home with us rent free and we will help with the baby’.  It was nice to see the original Becky tonight - the one that takes responsibility seriously - not that I haven’t enjoyed Becky the last couple seasons. 

• Love 3
23 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

I can see Dan not being comfortable with ‘dating’.  It’s been 50 years since he’s dated anyone but Rosie.   Hanging out is  different- less pressure.  Less explaining to his offspring.   I didn’t like this pairing last season- but I liked the scenes together tonight. An entirely different  personality than Rosie.   I didn’t like Married with Children - especially Peg, and never watches SOA, so I had to let Katey grow on me. 

I love the different personality that Louise has it's a good thing. I can see your point about the not dating statement when you put it like that. 

Just curious why didn't you like this pairing at first?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ESS said:

I love the different personality that Louise has it's a good thing. I can see your point about the not dating statement when you put it like that. 

Just curious why didn't you like this pairing at first?

Aa I mentioned, I wasn’t a Katey fan due to the awful Peg character.  Louise seemed much more likeable to me in this season 2 episode. 

• Love 2
(edited)
5 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

Aa I mentioned, I wasn’t a Katey fan due to the awful Peg character.  Louise seemed much more likeable to me in this season 2 episode. 

I've never watched MWC so I wouldn't know about Peg, but I'm glad you like Louise though. A lot of people love(d) her MWC character, but I don't even though I've never seen MWC before I know it seems strange to say that, but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't like the show as a whole even if I did watch it. I know people say you should judge a show you've never seen, but just from gifs and all that it doesn't seem like a show that I'd be able to get into, besides that I never grew up on MWC either even though I was born a few years before it started. I guess I can disassociate is the right word her characters from one another and not see her as just as one character all the time like a lot of others do.

Anyway back to Dan & Louise.

Spoiler

according to an article I read Katey mentions Louise is going to bring a lot of surprises so I'm excited to see what that's all about...

Edited by ESS
On 10/9/2019 at 3:21 AM, MsTree said:

Bravo!

• Love 5
On 10/11/2019 at 12:05 AM, ESS said:

Just being honest here, but it seems at least to me that Dan & Louise have a lot more things in common then Dan & Roseanne did, but that’s just me & I think that’s why I love them so much more and think they fit so much better and of course their chemistry is amazing too on top of it all.

Also I love how Louise treats Dan as I don’t think Roseanne treated him well a lot of the times. just my opinion of course.

I know these are fictional characters but just keep in mind that being married and raising kids and dealing with daily life is different than reconnecting with an old friend.  

• Love 8
(edited)
17 minutes ago, BeachDays said:

I know these are fictional characters but just keep in mind that being married and raising kids and dealing with daily life is different than reconnecting with an old friend.  

I realize that, but thanks for the reminder. I just can't help the way I feel about Dan & Louise though.

Edited by ESS
  • Love 2
16 minutes ago, marriedaniac said:

Thanks for the gifs! They do have great chemistry and I'm glad she will be around for more than half the season.

Goddamn, Dan's "Rose" moment killed me.

you're welcome! I'll definitely be making gifs as their relationship unfolds. Louise will be on the show for 10 episodes which I don't think is going to be enough for me, but I guess I'll have to deal with it. As for the Rose comment yeah it was sad for Dan and I felt bad for him, but Louise was great at how she handled it. 

• Love 2
On 10/10/2019 at 1:59 PM, peacheslatour said:

Are we ret-conning the fact that he cheated on Rosie with his mom's nurse and fell in love with her and left Roseanne? I know the show's reboot basically pretended like the final season didn't exist, so maybe it "didn't" happen.

But if it did still happen, not all that nice of a guy.

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, Chewy101 said:

Are we ret-conning the fact that he cheated on Rosie with his mom's nurse and fell in love with her and left Roseanne?

Given that that happened after the lottery win - and it was hinted strongly that the nurse was after money - which obviously doesn't exist in the current backstory of the show, I think we can safely say that "affair" never happened either.

• Love 6
19 hours ago, Chewy101 said:

Are we ret-conning the fact that he cheated on Rosie with his mom's nurse and fell in love with her and left Roseanne? I know the show's reboot basically pretended like the final season didn't exist, so maybe it "didn't" happen.

It never happened to begin with; when Dan died in the original series, Roseanne dug herself out of her hole of grief and despair by writing a book based on her life.  She kept Dan alive in the book, but wrote Book Dan's emotional affair to explore the sense of abandonment she felt following his death.  This is all revealed in the original series finale.

(Since those later seasons have been largely wiped out in the revival season and this continuation series, the book doesn't exist, either, so it can certainly get confusing, but ultimately there was no emotional affair and resulting separation in the original universe, either.)

The only "cheating" was Dan with Phyllis Zimmer, in high school - and that was one of those "we were on a break" situations, where the guy ran out and banged someone else five minutes after a big "we're through!" fight and then realized it was a mistake, so technically they were broken up at the time; what Roseanne was mad about was having lunch with Phyllis all those years later and hiding it from her - not to mention coming home from that lunch and having sex with her all afternoon, without her having any idea why he felt back in touch with his young self.  Within their marriage, there was no infidelity.  Just the typical difficulties - and more happiness than is typical - that come with getting married young, raising kids, and constantly struggling financially.

Edited by Bastet
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
(edited)
29 minutes ago, Bastet said:

It never happened to begin with; when Dan died in the original series, Roseanne dug herself out of her hole of grief and despair by writing a book based on her life.  She kept Dan alive in the book, but used his emotional affair to explore the feelings of abandonment she felt following his death.  This is all revealed in the original series finale.

(Since those later seasons have been largely wiped out, the book doesn't exist, either, so it can certainly get confusing, but ultimately there was no emotional affair and separation in the original universe, either.  Just the typical ups and downs that come with getting married young, raising kids, and constantly struggling financially.)

The only "cheating" was Dan with Phyllis Zimmer, in high school (and that was one of those "we were on a break" situations, where the guy ran out and banged someone else five minutes after a big fight and then realized it was a mistake, so technically they were broken up at the time; what Roseanne was mad about was having lunch with Phyllis all those years later and hiding it from her - not to mention coming home from that lunch and having sex with her all afternoon, without her having any idea why he felt back in touch with his young self).  Within their marriage, there was no infidelity.

Thank you for putting of that in perspective because the last season was so confusing...

Edited by ESS
  • Love 1
On 10/9/2019 at 4:30 PM, peacheslatour said:

Mind if I join you at the table? I like them. I think they're fun.

DaWeeze

It says something about Katey Sagal as an actress that I don't even think of her as Peg Bundy any more.  To me, she's Gemma from Sons of Anarchy.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
9 minutes ago, Sile said:

DaWeeze

It says something about Katey Sagal as an actress that I don't even think of her as Peg Bundy any more.  To me, she's Gemma from Sons of Anarchy.

I love her as Gemma..she was amazing on SOA

Edited by ESS
  • Love 3
19 hours ago, Sile said:

Oh you mean Leela from Futurama? 🙂

• LOL 1
  • Love 2