Type keyword(s) to search

Dan & Louise: Instant Chemistry

ESS
  • Start Topic

(edited)

Like I've all the shipper stuff depends on the person I know a lot more people that like it then those who don't, but there's no right or wrong with liking or not liking it JMO. 

Edited by ESS

Just saw the recent Thanksgiving episode, love that Louise was back which was a surprise & Dan & Louise are still so adorable together! They should just get married already. 

Edited by ESS
  • Love 1

They are adorable together.

Back in the gap before The Conners debuted, I kind of hoped they would open with a time jump, with Dan and unnamed character getting married in Vegas. I was picturing someone like Delta Burke but Katey Sagal has won me over. 

• Love 5
7 hours ago, tessaray said:

They are adorable together.

Back in the gap before The Conners debuted, I kind of hoped they would open with a time jump, with Dan and unnamed character getting married in Vegas. I was picturing someone like Delta Burke but Katey Sagal has won me over. 

Ah well let me just say that Dan & Louise need to just get married already now it maybe a little early too talk about marriage between the two, but on the other hand they've known each other since high school so it's not like they just met and are strangers. 

Yes they are still so adorable, I agree., I can't wait for their first kiss whenever that will be which I hope soon.

Edited by ESS
  • Love 2

What I really liked about the Thanksgiving ep is not only how great they are together but knowing the little we know about Louise’s family... they are just as messed up or more.   So she can handle the Conner clan!  

• Love 2
3 hours ago, BeachDays said:

What I really liked about the Thanksgiving ep is not only how great they are together but knowing the little we know about Louise’s family... they are just as messed up or more.   So she can handle the Conner clan!  

Yeah exactly! That showed when she mentioned what happened at Thanksgiving with her family! So I definitely agree she can handle them which is even more awesome if she & Dan get married I’m hoping that will happen. 

• Love 2

You know, whenever I see Louise, I think of Peggy Bundy from Married With Children, which used to be one of my favorite sitcoms. Even without the bouffant, you can tell its Katey Sagal.

But yeah, they seem to make a good couple.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Lili said:

You know, whenever I see Louise, I think of Peggy Bundy from Married With Children, which used to be one of my favorite sitcoms. Even without the bouffant, you can tell its Katey Sagal.

But yeah, they seem to make a good couple.

I never see her as Peg because I never was into MWC, I only see her as the character she is in the show which is Louise. 

As for Louise & Dan they are perfect for each other.

Edited by ESS
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, ChicksDigScars said:

Is Katey on a limited run for The Conners, or is she now considered a regular? If she's limited to a certain number of episodes, that spells doom for the pairing. I'd love to see her in as a regular. 

Spoiler

She's only going to be on for 10 episodes(already 5 down), but according to spoilers(and Katey) a romance will happen between the two just how far it'll go I don't know and seeing as how The Conners will most likely be renewed I don't see why she wouldn't be called back to do more the next season. I don't think the pairing is doomed because nothing has really happened yet, but I'm betting it will once they come back in January. 

I'd also love to see her as a regular...

Edited by ESS
  • Love 1
On 10/10/2019 at 2:59 PM, peacheslatour said:

Seems like Dan could have had the pick of the women he went to high school with. That's what happens when you're a good man in a sea of jerks.

On 10/10/2019 at 4:38 PM, Jillybean said:

I get what you're saying, but my comment was that most of the chemistry is coming from Katey (not from Louise) as opposed to John (not Dan). I'm commenting on the acting. Dan says how much he likes her but it didn't feel that way at all. I can't tell if JG has lost a step or if he's just playing Dan very, very low-key. I'd be OK with them accelerating his moving-on process. He's not used to being alone, and widowers are known to partner up again pretty quickly. Plus, they already ret-conned Dan's death, they may as well let him have some fun!

On 10/10/2019 at 6:20 PM, CrystalBlue said:

I really didn't know what to think about Dan's offer of hanging out and dinner once a week with Louise, but not calling it dating.  He wants companionship but not the prospect of a marriage at this point.  Louise has other ideas but is "going to give him time."  Louise was ultra cool when Dan called her "Rose."  I was surprised Dan was willing to hang out and do dinner but not call it dating <wink, wink> with Louise so soon after she's shown up in Lanford again.  I like Louise and love Katey Segal so am not in a hurry to get her off my TV screen!  Katey/Louise fits with the Show just fine.

On 10/10/2019 at 7:56 PM, ESS said:

Yeah that was a little odd of him not to call it dating, to me it sounds like dating....but I love Dan & Louise together so I don't care what he calls it I'm just glad he wants to hang out and be with her and she'll be patient with him that's good for me. 

On 10/11/2019 at 3:05 AM, ESS said:

Just being honest here, but it seems at least to me that Dan & Louise have a lot more things in common then Dan & Roseanne did, but that’s just me & I think that’s why I love them so much more and think they fit so much better and of course their chemistry is amazing too on top of it all.

Also I love how Louise treats Dan as I don’t think Roseanne treated him well a lot of the times. just my opinion of course.

I can see how football hero Dan would be quite the catch in a town like Landford.  It always seemed like most of Roseanne’s single  friends had a crush on him to some degree.

They probably thought Roseanne was lucky that Dan went for the snarky girl with a great sense of humor instead of a Prom Queen type.

Fake affair post lottery aside, Roseanne was always secure in Dan’s love for her.  Other shows had dumpy fat guys complaining if their model looking wives gained 5 pounds. On this show Dan always thought Roseanne was beautiful. Their relationship felt vert real and not a made for tv scenario.

I do not know if Dan can love anyone else. I really like Louise. In fact, I like her more than Roseanne, whose character became very unpleasant in the later years.

However, I hope she is not waiting around for a relationship that might never happen...she deserves better than that.

It seems even worse because Jackie is very threatened by her and has canonized her sister as a saint.

• Love 8
On 12/30/2019 at 11:40 PM, qtpye said:

I can see how football hero Dan would be quite the catch in a town like Landford.  It always seemed like most of Roseanne’s single  friends had a crush on him to some degree.

They probably thought Roseanne was lucky that Dan went for the snarky girl with a great sense of humor instead of a Prom Queen type.

Fake affair post lottery aside, Roseanne was always secure in Dan’s love for her.  Other shows had dumpy fat guys complaining if their model looking wives gained 5 pounds. On this show Dan always thought Roseanne was beautiful. Their relationship felt vert real and not a made for tv scenario.

I do not know if Dan can love anyone else. I really like Louise. In fact, I like her more than Roseanne, whose character became very unpleasant in the later years.

However, I hope she is not waiting around for a relationship that might never happen...she deserves better than that.

It seems even worse because Jackie is very threatened by her and has canonized her sister as a saint.

Like I said nothing romantic has happened yet..but I'm assuming it will in January when the show comes back because why would those spoilers (and Katey) say there's gonna be a romance if there wasn't going to be..

I definitely love Louise more than Roseanne as well, but then again I never was a big fan of Roseanne the character (nor Roseanne herself, but that's another story for another time)

Anyway yeah I hope Louise isn't waiting around, but if you want to get technical she has been waiting for a while now so I think that it says something about her..because if you think about she's know both Dan & Rosanne since high school and seen their love story first hand, it's not like she's a stranger. To be honest what's wrong with Dan trying to love someone else? I mean he can't stay single forever he has to move on sometime and what better way to do that than with Louise..I want him to at least try, but I don't Louise to get hurt either. 

As for Jackie she's definitely threatened by Louise and she needs to let it go and get over it it's so ridiculous and I'm so hating her right now.

Edited by ESS
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, ESS said:

Like I said nothing romantic has happened yet..but I'm assuming it will in January when the show comes back because why would those spoilers (and Katey) say there's gonna be a romance if there wasn't going to be..

I definitely love Louise more than Roseanne as well, but then again I never was a big fan of Roseanne the character (nor Roseanne herself, but that's another story for another time)

Anyway yeah I hope Louise isn't waiting around, but if you want to get technical she has been waiting for a while now so I think that she says something about her..because if you think about she's know both Dan & Rosanne since high school and seen their love story first hand, it's not like she's a stranger. To be honest what's wrong with Dan trying to love someone else? I mean he can't stay single forever he has to move on sometime and what better way to do that than with Louise..I want him to at least try, but I don't Louise to get hurt either. 

As for Jackie she's definitely threatened by Louise and she needs to let it go and get over it it's so ridiculous and I'm so hating her right now.

I hope you’re right about the romance. 

I am hating Jackie now as well, My guess is that Jackie is afraid that if Louise come in and takes over the Roseanne role of the family she is left with nothing. She never made any life for herself without her sister.

She is also realized that Louise is a better woman than her and her sister. This plays on all her insecurities.

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, qtpye said:

I am hating Jackie now as well, My guess is that Jackie is afraid that if Louise come in and takes over the Roseanne role of the family she is left with nothing. She never made any life for herself without her sister.

She is also realized that Louise is a better woman than her and her sister. This plays on all her insecurities.

Yeah Katey's got 5 more episodes left..I don't know how far the romance will go, but it'll probably start in this season than when it's renewed (I'm sure it likely will be) it'll continue on..Yes I'm assuming that's what's going on with Jackie too and why she sees Louise as such a threat, but even with that there's no excuse to treat Louise like she has been it's horrible especially since Louise has done nothing wrong to her or the family. 

Yeah Louise is a better woman than she is for sure especially right now..

Edited by ESS
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, ESS said:

Anyway yeah I hope Louise isn't waiting around, but if you want to get technical she has been waiting for a while now so I think that she says something about her..because if you think about she's know both Dan & Rosanne since high school and seen their love story first hand, it's not like she's a stranger. To be honest what's wrong with Dan trying to love someone else? I mean he can't stay single forever he has to move on sometime and what better way to do that than with Louise..I want him to at least try, but I don't Louise to get hurt either. 

Plenty of widowers who had very long happy marriages stay single in their older years. Why couldn’t Dan?

• Love 1
4 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

Plenty of widowers who had very long happy marriages stay single in their older years. Why couldn’t Dan?

Why should he? Louise seems to care for his kids as well as Dan. And be able to corral Jackie. But really the only way Dan will ever have another relationship is if Jackie vacks off or he throws her out.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

He could.  It's more common in widowed women than men, but of course it does happen.  I like the way they're handling it on the show; it may never turn romantic with Louise, and if it does, it will only be after Dan took quite some time to get comfortable with the idea.  This way, either path they ultimately take with the relationship is believable.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, qtpye said:

To be fair to Jackie, it's not Jackie's fault the show wrote Andy out.  If Jackie had Andy around, would she be less likely to have her whole life hang on what Dan's doing post-Roseanne being alive with Louise or anyone else?  It just dawned on me that perhaps this is why Andy doesn't seem to exist; they wrote him out so that after Roseanne is gone, Jackie's life revolves with being attached to everyone living with Dan now.

Edited by CrystalBlue
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, bobalina said:

Why should he? Louise seems to care for his kids as well as Dan. And be able to corral Jackie. But really the only way Dan will ever have another relationship is if Jackie vacks off or he throws her out.

I agree with this, why shouldn't he at least try to be with Louise? It couldn't hurt besides she's a patient woman and has been patient with him, it's why they brought Katey onto the show in the first place to be his love interest. Like I said before they aren't strangers either.

Me personally I think he should throw Jackie out of the house I'm sorry, but she's not doing him any favors right now he's having a rough time as it is if he wants to be with Louise I say let him. 

• Love 4

My cousin went through thia. He was widowed after a 40+ year marriage suddenly. He married a family friend whose husband died a bit before his wife less rhan a year later. Like Dan his wife was very much in control. And truthfully despite adoring his first wife he will tell you this marriage is a better partnership.

• Love 4
28 minutes ago, bobalina said:

My cousin went through thia. He was widowed after a 40+ year marriage suddenly. He married a family friend whose husband died a bit before his wife less rhan a year later. Like Dan his wife was very much in control. And truthfully despite adoring his first wife he will tell you this marriage is a better partnership.

Great example thanks for sharing, that gives me some hope for Dan & Louise even though they are fictional characters.

• Love 3
11 hours ago, bobalina said:

It makes sense because if both partners are mature, they have probably moved past some of the petty jealousies of youth.

Jackie is one of the few examples of a person who was kind of awesome in her younger years and now is a hot mess in her sixties.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, qtpye said:

It makes sense because if both partners are mature, they have probably moved past some of the petty jealousies of youth.

Jackie is one of the few examples of a person who was kind of awesome in her younger years and now is a hot mess in her sixties.

Right and Jackie's problem is, she is trying to "recapture" her past to where she isn't miserable. For someone who was up until this year a "life coach". She should know she is both depressed and dealing with issues she doesn't WANT to face. Especially when we saw her acting with the Christmas Card. It isn't a question of "when" she wants to move on. More on "if" she CAN move on. 

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, readster said:

Right and Jackie's problem is, she is trying to "recapture" her past to where she isn't miserable. For someone who was up until this year a "life coach". She should know she is both depressed and dealing with issues she doesn't WANT to face. Especially when we saw her acting with the Christmas Card. It isn't a question of "when" she wants to move on. More on "if" she CAN move on. 

Well I'm hoping that she can move on because I'm not liking her one bit right now and her treating of Louise is uncalled for.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

not to mention slapping darlene.

And the chickens. They way she is now Jackie is not playing with a full deck. She needs to forgive her mother so she can move on from whatever trauma she's working on.

And I'd bet Andy is living with Fred and has been since he was old enough to choose for this very reason.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, bobalina said:

And the chickens. They way she is now Jackie is not playing with a full deck. She needs to forgive her mother so she can move on from whatever trauma she's working on.

And I'd bet Andy is living with Fred and has been since he was old enough to choose for this very reason.

she also needs to forgive roseanne for dying. i think jackie has a lot of unresolved anger.

• Love 6

Loved Dan & Louise in the latest episode, but the 2nd to last scene broke my heart...don't want Louise to go, but hoping Katey can return even with her new series to do both shows and Louise & Dan can work it out and maybe then Dan will finally be ready for her. 

• Love 2

I'm so sad about Dan & Louise! I knew I wasn't gonna to handle this well and I'm not, but at least it was left open for Katey (Louise) to return again which I'm really hoping she will so she & Dan can finally be together for real that is if Dan is ready and the show is renewed for a 3rd season, I'm keeping my fingers crossed on both accounts. 

• Love 2

I just realized something Katey's supposed to be in 10 episodes, but that episode last night was only her 8th (if you count the season 1 episode she was in) so maybe she WILL be back now if you don't count the season 1 episode it's still 9 episodes only so she does have 1 more to go, so it's either 1 or 2 depending how you count it out..if that's the case then I'm thinking possibly she'll be back for the season 2 finale (I just saw something about that on a review for last night's episode) 

• Love 2

I definitely think that Louise will be back in the season 2 finale because it matches up with the timeline she gave saying she'd be gone for 3 months and it's now February, so let's hope it's right.

Edited by ESS
  • Love 3

Until I make some of my own gifs/fanart which will be soon. I just have to put up pics of their scenes tonight especially that kiss their first ever I'm just freaking happy right now!! It's about time!! so adorable!! ♥️ 

EVmluhr-Xk-AM-FW.jpg EVmrjh-DWAAAo-T5-M.jpg

• Love 5

I squeaked when he leaned in to kiss her. The writers did a good job with their story and Katey Sagal fits into this show so well. Dan and Louise are cute and there is so much warmth to their relationship.

• Love 8
25 minutes ago, Aulty said:

I squeaked when he leaned in to kiss her. The writers did a good job with their story and Katey Sagal fits into this show so well. Dan and Louise are cute and there is so much warmth to their relationship.

Yes I totally agree with everything you've said! I can't wait to see what happens next between them especially now that it seems as though they are an official couple! They are so adorable! Louise is a great fit for Dan for sure.

• Love 4
(edited)

I loved Dan & Louise last night!! they were adorable yet so hilarious and Louise took the CPAP news in her stride I knew she would!! personally they were the best parts of the episode I just love them so much!

Here's some fanart I made of their scenes...a couple of icons & gifs...

2x19: CPAP's, Hickeys and Biscuits 

Icons | 2

1.Dan-Louise2x19-Icon-1.gif2.Dan-Louise2x19-Icon-2.gif

Gifs | 4

Dan&Louise-2x19-1.gifDan&Louise2x19-2.gif

]Dan&Louise2x19-3.gifDan&Louise2x19-4.gifDan&Louise2x19-5.gif

Edited by ESS
  • Love 5

Well I'm so excited for the 3rd season for more Dan & Louise, but at the same time nervous too about what writers have planned for them now since they are an official couple. 

• Love 2

I've loved the Connors for so many years, and now the laughs are kind of flat for me. I can feel the covid restrictions in every scene, and the loss of the house and jobs is just sad.