Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Let’s Talk About Dr Phil the Show

Lola16
  • Start Topic

6 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

Lol! You never know! I don't get to see Parking Wars often as it is aired in So. California at weird times......usually at 5 a.m. on A&E. But I'll be lookin' out for the sex addict/ parking ticket woman! 

The lady she reminds me of works at the parking lot where they tow the cars.

• Love 1
35 minutes ago, Zahdii said:

I gave up about half way through, but it's just another ass who got it into his head that his wife is cheating and no matter what, he can't be convinced otherwise.  Like one time he entered his apartment building as a man was leaving.  When he entered his apartment, his wife was changing the sheets on the bed so obviously she's been cheating with the guy who just left.  If he lost sight of her for a nanosecond at a wedding it was because she'd grabbed some guy and was giving him a BJ in some out of the way corner.  If she was vacationing with her daughter and son in law on a tropical island and he can't get hold of her to check up on her, it wasn't because she left her phone in her room or turned it off, it was because she had a line of men she was servicing while his step daughter was determinedly looking the other way.

Dude has issues, they're getting worse, and the wife should drop him and let him stew in his delusions, but Shill wants to find some reason for the man's problems, promise a fix, and send them on their way.

The reason for the dude's problems is that he's getting off on the idea of her having affairs and/or her being with other men - he admitted he thought about her sleeping with other men when they were having sex but he can't admit that to himself so he's blaming her. 

What is the most concerning is that he is confusing his fantasies with reality.  I'm only halfway into the episode and I'm ready to quit.  Phil needs to tell her to leave.  This won't get better and this is abusive. 

• Love 4
31 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

The lady she reminds me of works at the parking lot where they tow the cars.

Oh...the dark haired woman with glasses and a gruff voice and a slight bit of testosterone! I do see the resemblance!

• Love 1

Just started watching The War of The La Rosas (S13 E16). I'm not sure which one is lying, but one thing I'm pretty darn sure of. Dana is crazier than a March hare. Supposedly, Frank has done all of these terrible awful things to her, and she's sitting there smiling and joking around like she's on Letterman. Even after supposedly watching supposedly traumatic footage of terrible horrible awful stuff he did, she's grinning and making fake fireworks with her fingers, and saying, "Like, whoa!"

She's not acting like any traumatized person that I've ever seen.

The longer this goes on, the harder it is to believe Dana.  If she really is in danger, she's too stupid to know it.

Crazy people like this make it really hard for genuine victims to come forward!

• Love 1

Lord, that douchey-looking brother just wouldn't shut the hell up. I'm not sure if his concern is genuine or if he's just upset that his potential-jock nephew is a pink-loving niece instead.

The woman's husband looked a little odd to me; he looked like he'd fit right in as a Maury or Steve Wilkos guest.

Edited by iHateAmpersands
  • Love 2

I didn’t like anyone but there is no way you can have a thoughtful conversation on this on TV. Any time you mention you are not sure a child is transgender, you are shut down. It was interesting that the child didn’t live with the mother for years. I wish Phil would have suggested an independent psychologist look into this because I’m not sure the mother wasn’t trying to get attention for herself. I didn’t like the uncle either.

Edited by Madding crowd
  • Love 11

Whether the kid is transgender or not is one thing but why is the child 6 and her hair is dyed pink already ? No 6 year old should have their hair dyed .

This story struck me more as the mom wanting a daughter than the boy wanting to be a girl . Sure the brother was very douche y and was shooting himself in the foot by acting the way he was , but I do think the mother was pushing it on the kid . Just my opinion . 

• Love 14

IDK WTF is going on with the kid either way, but this brother is such a turbo-douche it is driving me to distraction. Also it's ironic that this extended family has so many problems with LGBT folks when that brother is pinging my gaydar so hard that car alarms outside are going off. "Can I talk?! I would LOVE A CHANCE TO SPEAK" The first time in a long time I've enjoyed Phil is when he said "just say what you want to say already, geez."

• Love 8
53 minutes ago, Jaclyn88 said:

Whether the kid is transgender or not is one thing but why is the child 6 and her hair is dyed pink already ? No 6 year old should have their hair dyed .

This story struck me more as the mom wanting a daughter than the boy wanting to be a girl . Sure the brother was very douche y and was shooting himself in the foot by acting the way he was , but I do think the mother was pushing it on the kid . Just my opinion . 

I thought so, too. Especially because she hadn't been in the kid's life for the first four years! The kid was raised by the grandparents and living happily as a boy.

It seemed to me as though the child would have strong motive to identify as a girl in order to be like the sister who was already living with them.  And, the mother seemed mentally unbalanced and just all too delighted to be getting attention out of it all.  It seemed to me like she wanted her child to be transgender as an attention getting device and she was very sanctimonious about it.

It's great to let the kid decide and love that child and support that child. Absolutely! But it's child abuse to push them into dressing as a gender that they don't identify with inside.  The kid seemed to go from basketball and boys clothes to pink hair almost overnight.  It felt false to me.

• Love 15

Has anyone else notice that Robin rarely IF EVER looks at the audience when she exits the stage with Dr. Phil?  It's not as if they haven't seen each other in weeks.

I remember when I was little I wanted to grow up to be Roy Rogers.  I sure am glad y mom didn't put chaps and a cowboy hat on me.   And call me Little Roy.

Edited by parrotfeathers
  • Love 2

Way behind in watching my saved shows so just finished watching the abuser story.  My thoughts are that the girl has gotten brain damage from all that beating, especially in the head.  She also almost died a couple of times so she probably had a lack of oxygen to the brain a few times.  I at first thought she seemed too calm and unresponsive, but then thought there must be something wrong with her and then I realized that that must be the problem.  If she has brain damage the mother probably won't be able to help her because the girl doesn't reason properly.  My take anyway.  On to the next show.

• Love 3

Almost all of the time, Robin looks back over his shoulder to the people on stage. I’m sure it’s to see if they’re looking at her and Shill on their “famous walk off” that they auctioned off a few years ago. What a narcissist.

• Love 3
13 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

I remember when I was little I wanted to grow up to be Roy Rogers.  I sure am glad y mom didn't put chaps and a cowboy hat on me.   And call me Little Roy.

This is amazing!  Me, too!  I adored him (and Trigger...).  This is so funny as people hardly remember him anymore.

Anyway, related to this episode-just because a child likes to play with traditionally boy or girl toys and games, it doesn't mean that there is gender dysporia.  It could just mean that the child likes to play with all kinds of things.  I think the mother eagerly stereotyped her son and is using him/her for attention.  And the stepfather just went along with everything she said.  I don't even understand why a parent would go on Dr. Phil in a situation like this.  The mother already stated she had cut her family off, so why did she need the additional publicity?

• Love 5

No Dr. "Phillip" today in So. California due to wildfires raging everywhere. I always feel so sad for any and all animals who don't make it out alive.

However, I'm sure I can catch the episode with "mullet man" when OWN reruns it. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Gam2 said:

So very, very sorry to hear yet again about the fires in CA.  When will this kind of thing stop? When they listen to the experts on controlled burns?  

THAT and morons who don't understand that you have to be extra careful with anything that can spark a wildfire during Santa Ana winds and dry weather. But the world is rampant with morons?Much like Dr. Phil's guests. HeeHee!

Edited by chenoa333
Smokin' hot Jamaican
  • Love 4

Next week schedule, which includes a "twist" on the usual catfish theme:

11/12: Arrested for Keying Ex-Boyfriend's Car

Autumn claims she was pushed to the point of insanity after being stuck in a cycle of abuse for almost two years, when, she says, her ex-boyfriend, D'Andre, choked her, head-butted her and sexually assaulted her.

11/13: Dad Confronts Daughter's Abuser

Autumn says her abusive ex-boyfriend violated his restraining order; her father confronts him for the first time.

11/14: Witness to Murder

More than two decades after helping to put his father, Dr. John Boyle, behind bars, Collier Landry confronts him about his mother's death.

11/15: My Husband's Face Has Been Used as Catfish Bait

For the past nine years, Alan's photos from social media have been used as catfish bait to lure women into online relationships; with the help of a private investigator he and his wife were surprised to learn who the catfish was.

11/16: A Catfish Meets Her Victim

Catfish Sarah meets her bait and tells why she has been pretending to be a man online for so long; Alan and his wife say they don't believe she will ever stop.

21 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

My guess is the reason Dr. Phil and Robin don't look at the audience when they're leaving is so a fan doesn't decide that's an invitation to jump out at them.   

I always thought it was to show that even after 40 years, Phillip and Robin only have eyes for each other.

My heart is breaking for those affected by the wildfires.  This is one of those situations where you just don't have the right words to say.  I hope those of you in the area remain safe, and please know there are people pulling for you!

The mother/daughter show on Friday was one giant cluster that you couldn't help but watch.  The fact that the mom couldn't see how much they were alike made me laugh.  People would tell me that in regards to my dad growing up, and I would always argue and say no way.  After getting married and moving out of my parent's home, I saw it immediately!  I felt like the universe reached out and smacked me on the forehead.  But, in a small defense of the daughter, her mother would make me drink too.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, flyingdi said:

I always thought it was to show that even after 40 years, Phillip and Robin only have eyes for each other.

I always thought she was looking towards the stage to make sure the weirdos of the day couldn't read her lips as she looks at him and says, "Those are the biggest weirdos YET" to him.

• Love 3
On 11/10/2018 at 4:17 PM, AZChristian said:

I always thought she was looking towards the stage to make sure the weirdos of the day couldn't read her lips as she looks at him and says, "Those are the biggest weirdos YET" to him.

Who could read her lips?  I can hardly understand her when she is speaking, with all the contortions of her mouth and the slurring of the words.  I think she looks at the stage to see what is happening.  The people are probably at each other's throats as soon as the camera is off of them.  With the few repetitious sayings and wobbly drawings on the big board, the little handshake at the end, how could they not all be miraculously cured by dear Phillip.... It is a shame that he got so rich by doing the same shtick every day.  There are so many people out in the world that do so much for humanity every day and get nowhere near the compensation and accolades.  Think fire fighters, doctors, etc.  How does that compare with what Phil does?

• Love 6

Kttmg really doesn't like abusers.  It refused to convert this episode.   I watched the clips from the show on youtube and this kid is really something else. 

He sounds like he's high. He can't maintain his train of thought without repeating himself three or four times.  He's pulling abuser tactics on the dad and Dr. Phil like some amateur - deflection isn't going to work here. You need to re-evaluate your life choices.  (Can't imagine why he even came on the show but... young and stupid)

He also thinks he's going to go toe to toe with two men more than twice his age with more education and experience.

You know the joke "don't bring a knife to a gun fight?"  Don't bring an uneducated brain to an intellectual butt kicking. 

Edited by kitcatkitcat
typo
  • Love 7
15 minutes ago, kitcatkitcat said:

Kttmg really doesn't like abusers.  It refused to convert this episode.   I watched the clips from the show on youtube and this kid is really something else. 

He sounds like he's high. He can't maintain his train of thought without repeating himself three or four times.  He's pulling abuser tactics on the dad and Dr. Phil like some amateur - deflection isn't going to work here. You need to re-evaluate your life choices.  (Can't imagine why he even came on the show but... young and stupid)

He also thinks he's going to go toe to toe with two men more than twice his age with more education and experience.

You know the joke "don't bring a knife to a gun fight?"  Don't bring an uneducated brain to an intellectual butt kicking. 

I can't wait for tomorrow's continuation of this episode!  This impaired brainiac has WAY too much ego for his own good.

ETA: And another thing.  How classless can he be to repeat over and over to her cringing mother exactly how much sex they are having?  Yuck!

Edited by Brattinella
  • Love 7

This show just made me sick. This is exploitation of the highest degree on Shilll’s part. Watching that mom and dad sit there while this deviant described how and how many times he and THEIR DAUGHTER had sex just made me sick. And of course! It’s a two parter because Shill is getting so feeble he can’t do 5 shows a week anymore. He spent the first 5 minutes of today’s show saying the same things over and over again. I swear, he’s getting senile.

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

This show just made me sick. This is exploitation of the highest degree on Shilll’s part. Watching that mom and dad sit there while this deviant described how and how many times he and THEIR DAUGHTER had sex just made me sick. And of course! It’s a two parter because Shill is getting so feeble he can’t do 5 shows a week anymore. He spent the first 5 minutes of today’s show saying the same things over and over again. I swear, he’s getting senile.

From what I've seen lately, Phil isn't very quick on the draw putting a stop to bad behavior either.  This is the kind of stuff most therapists would end almost immediately. (A therapist would never have allowed someone to describe how they were having sex with someone's daughter in a session)

Phil seems to let it go one for a couple minutes and then act like everyone is wasting his time, and people are behaving badly, and someone is deflecting blah blah and/or someone is high/drunk or (finally) someone is completely out of line.

In the meantime, the audience at home has already called everyone on their bad behavior, diagnosed them and is ready to send a bill. 

15 minutes ago, Brattinella said:

I can't wait for tomorrow's continuation of this episode!  This impaired brainiac has WAY too much ego for his own good.

ETA: And another thing.  How classless can he be to repeat over and over to her cringing mother exactly how much sex they are having?  Yuck!

I saw a lot of things in him.  Class wasn't one of them.   He was pulling that fake polite crap that young men do when they're trying to be a smart alecks* but in reality, they're being smug little snits* and they think you're too stupid to know they're actually being rude. 

He did that as another form of abuse.  

*I'm keeping my language clean. 

• Love 9

I have to agree with with the mother - what on earth does the daughter see in this guy.  His continual smirk and mocking 'yessir' made me want to punch him hard (and I'm a pacifist).

Good grief, girl, have some respect for yourself and smarten up.

• Love 7

I'm holding my breath until this abuser story concludes....Autumn had better not announce to her poor emotionally wrecked parents that's she's pregnant with that scumbag's baby.  Even if she finds a few working brain cells and leaves that asshole, if she has his kid, they will ALL be tied to him forever.  Of course Mr. Wonderful would insist on being in the baby's life just as a means of control.  And then the cycle of assholery will live on in another generation...

All these shows with abusers have taught me only one thing...Restraining Orders don't mean anything to anyone.  The person (usually female) who took out the order is either stalked, hurt, maimed or murdered at the hands of the abuser.  God help me if anyone I'm close to ever needs an order of protection/restraining order.  My advice would be to either move or look into hiring a hit man to take the SOB out before he gets a chance to do anything.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, BusyOctober said:

I'm holding my breath until this abuser story concludes....Autumn had better not announce to her poor emotionally wrecked parents that's she's pregnant with that scumbag's baby. 

I'm praying furiously that this does not happen.  They all will be stuck and it is a tragedy.  I really wanted to pull his face off.

• Love 5
22 hours ago, Brattinella said:

I'm praying furiously that this does not happen.  They all will be stuck and it is a tragedy.  I really wanted to pull his face off.

If I were the dad, I wouldn’t think twice about hiring a hit man and with his military connections, I’m pretty sure he could find someone who would do the deed and keep their mouth shut afterwards.

• Love 1

I absolutely f'n hate it, when Phil has some out of control kid (and their parents)  on the show and he looks at the asshole, obnoxious brat kid and says " most people look at you and ask why (are you behaving like this) and I look at you and ask "why wouldn't you"?. He seems like he tries too hard to get on the side of the out of control kid so the kid will think "wow he's pretty cool. He gets me. He gets that my parents are assholes"

And his "it takes a hundred 'atta boys' to make up for one negative remark you say to your kid. Does anyone in this decade even know what an "atta boy" means? Lol

Edited by chenoa333
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, iHateAmpersands said:

As much as I love catfished themed episodes, I don't think this should have taken two days to tell the whole story.

I also didn't quite understand what Phil was doing in this episode unless something is going to happen tomorrow with the catfish girl's boyfriend? It is not/was not that guy's responsibility to fix the girl and he was as much a victim of hers as anyone else.  Just because he wasn't on the other end of a monitor doesn't mean she wasn't highly manipulative in her communication and relationship with him. 

As I've said in the past, Phil is uneven in his approach to people.  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, chenoa333 said:

I absolutely f'n hate it, when Phil has some out of control kid (and their parents)  on the show and he looks at the asshole, obnoxious brat kid and says " most people look at you and ask why (are you behaving like this) and I look at you and ask "why wouldn't you"?. He seems like he tries too hard to get on the side of the out of control kid so the kid will think "wow he's pretty cool. He gets me. He gets that my parents are assholes"

And his "it takes a hundred 'atta boys' to make up for one negative remark you say to your kid. Does anyone in this decade even know what an "atta boy" means? Lol

I hate the " I don't ask why , but why not " too !! There are plenty of people all over the world who come from crappy homes or things happen to them , yet they don't act like entitled , disgusting brats . I agree with you that he tries too hard to be on the kids side and it reinforces their belief that the parents are to blame and what they're doing is justified . And he tries to make that expression into a thing but it's just obnoxious . 

• Love 9

I was much more fascinated by that fake hair than the issue of the day.  I long for a REAL doozie of a catfish story like we used to get back in the old days.  The woman that was so pleased with herself because she hid wads of cash in a cornflakes box to send to Nigeria.  Mindboggling. 

• Love 10

My take on the catfish story.  Interesting to find that she contacted the wife many years ago with a creepy uber interest in her.  She sounded like she had a crush on the wife.  The wife blocked her from facebook and then she decided to take on the husband's identity and insinuate herself into their life in an odd way.  It seemed to me like she was trying to get back at the wife for snubbing her and wanted to hurt her in any way she could.  Therefore she was contacting other family members and trying to find out as much as she could about the family.  She has crazy written all over her.  I think the people were being super kind to her after what she did to them.  She probably only came on the show so she could spend more time with them.  She is obsessed with them.  Hope some actual help comes her way.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, marionette said:

My take on the catfish story.  Interesting to find that she contacted the wife many years ago with a creepy uber interest in her.  She sounded like she had a crush on the wife.  The wife blocked her from facebook and then she decided to take on the husband's identity and insinuate herself into their life in an odd way.  It seemed to me like she was trying to get back at the wife for snubbing her and wanted to hurt her in any way she could.  Therefore she was contacting other family members and trying to find out as much as she could about the family.  She has crazy written all over her.  I think the people were being super kind to her after what she did to them.  She probably only came on the show so she could spend more time with them.  She is obsessed with them.  Hope some actual help comes her way.

I was expecting to see at the end that she did not get help and was back to her old ways.

Also, at one point before a commercial break Dr Phil said that they were going to have on a woman who was one of her victims but it never happened.

8 minutes ago, iHateAmpersands said:

This latest two part episode should have been left on the cutting room floor.

Yes...it was boring as hell!! Then we got the "why isn't anyone paying attention to me" look  from Shill when all of the idiots were talking over each other! And the Shill worshipping audience feeds into it...which totally feeds his frikken ego!

• Love 3
58 minutes ago, iHateAmpersands said:

This latest two part episode should have been left on the cutting room floor.

Everyone is this group is horrible except for the kid.  I mean, even the grandmother isn't fit to raise the kid what with committing computer crimes and all and thinking she's totally justified in doing so.

And you know, the grandmother handing that kid over to that horrible father.  Meh.  Not one of them deserves help but... the kid.

ETA:  The father's girlfriend didn't even need to be there? She was just annoying. 

Edited by kitcatkitcat
  • Love 5

That child custody case went nowhere and I'm not sure why Dr. phil doesn't pull out his mandated reporter status when its actually needed . He just gives up on helping people . Great therapist . 

And Charlamagne tha God is very racist .. if you listen to his radio station power 105 , the racist remarks are nonstop . I took it off my pre-set station list and never looked back . 

• Love 1

I'm not sure Dr. Phil is a mandated reporter, since in California it's for licensed psychologists, and Dr. Phil hasn't been licensed in a long time, and never in California.  In fact, during the Britney Spears kerfuffle, the state board in California said Phil has an entertainment show, and not a psychology practice, and doesn't even have a license in that state, so he's not a mandated reporter. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama