Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E01: Doubt

doLLish
  • Start Topic

When Kelton is found murdered, Voight's grudge against the mayor-elect puts him under suspicion; Upton and Halstead are eager to prove their sergeant's innocence, but the more evidence they gather, the closer they come to doing the opposite.

I’m shocked it took this long for someone to make the thread. Did no one watch??

• Love 2

Ha, I wanted to start a thread but I was too lazy to figure out the episode title and the little blurb.

I know last season the cliffhanger wanted everyone to make it seem like Voight did it, with him pensively driving off in the middle of the night.  But obviously we knew it wouldn't be him.

I guessed it was Anne Heche the first time she popped up on the screen.  I guess with no Kelton, there was no need for her character anymore either.  Buh bye.

I had forgotten that it was announced Jon Seda wouldn't be coming back.  Oh well.  At least he didn't OD and just disappeared into the darkness.  I guess if he ever wanted to come back, the door might be open. 

Still don't get the whole Ruzek in jail thing.  How could this possibly end up good for him?  They can't afford to lose yet another major character.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Didn't watch until just now or I would have opened the topic.

As for almighty Voight, Once a scumbag always a scumbag. I'm not a big fan of Jay Halstead, but he was 1000% right in what he did.

Voight made a deal with Anne Heche so she could eat her gun;  What a joke.

And of course no closure on Antonio. I hope that doesn't go on ad infinitum.

• Love 5

What a snooze fest. Of course it wasn't Voight, Eid isn't that good a storyteller. 

So Brennan, who nobody liked killed Kelton that nobody liked...riveting.

Is Halstead is going to run to Upton every second minute to ask what he should think, won't that be exciting when he has to ask her if he can pee. She laps it up of course being the control freak that she is. Probably why she hated Ruzek so much, she couldn't control him.

After last season when no one bothered one scrap about Antonio suddenly Burgess spends the entire episode clutching her phone wondering where he is...and nothing else. Atwater got his usual black v blue moment. Ruzek appeared for five minutes to show us that not is Antonio only in a bad way he's taken enough drugs to kill a horse.

I'm kinda hoping Halstead & Upton get together, then I can FF through every single one of their scenes seeing as they are joined at the hip.

• Love 3

Thanks for starting the episode discussion thread @dollish.   The mods start the threads on most of the other forums I follow so I didn't want to do it and risk stepping on anyone's toes.    I'm new to this forum and pretty new to Chicago PD too.   I had been watching the reruns all summer and binge watched season six on demand so I'm caught up.    

I don't know if we'll see Antonio or not since I read that he wasn't coming back to the show. If they don't have him make an appearance I have no idea how they'll write him out. Adam's predicament seems impossible to overcome even if Antonio makes an appearance/confession.

I was looking forward to the premiere but now that I've seen it, I'm disappointed.    I had to watch it after work today because I fell asleep watching it live last night. That's not a good sign.  The closeness of the unit was missing in this episode.   I hope they can get it back because it's the heart and soul of the show.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 2
33 minutes ago, AnnA said:

Thanks for starting the episode discussion thread @dollish.   The mods start the threads on most of the other forums I follow so I didn't want to do it and risk stepping on anyone's toes.    I'm new to this forum and pretty new to Chicago PD too.   I had been watching the reruns all summer and binge watched season six on demand so I'm caught up.    

I don't know if we'll see Antonio or not since I read that he wasn't coming back to the show. If they don't have him make an appearance I have no idea how they'll write him out. Adam's predicament seems impossible to overcome even if Antonio makes an appearance/confession.

I was looking forward to the premiere but now that I've seen it, I'm disappointed.    I had to watch it after work today because I fell asleep watching it live last night. That's not a good sign.  The closeness of the unit was missing in this episode.   I hope they can get it back because it's the heart and soul of the show.

Welcome aboard...it's fun in here.

I found the whole thing underwhelming, but then again it's been this way since Eid took over. 

• Love 1

This was my lowest priority Chicago episode and having watched it now, I wholeheartedly agree that's the right ranking for me. Not only was it entirely predictable, but the retread of Voight confronting a trusted friend/ally, who was sometimes a frenemy in the past, about a murder they were caught up in and then letting them go about the post-confrontation their way was especially tired to me.  They already fucked up the Ray Price character in a way where he can never really come back in any context.  And while I don't care to ever see Kate Brennan again, it was just sooooo been there, done that.  This literally just happened in episode 6.19!  And then four episodes later, they basically do it again.  Inventive!

Aside from that, it was just a whole bunch of Halstead being Halstead and one nice moment when Atwater talked down that Slo-Mo suspect.  They explained Antonio away, but that was just so blah as well.

I think all of the Dick Wolf shows (and I'm including FBI in here as well) really have to shake up their writers' rooms with new blood or at least a higher bar.  They seem to be (for a long time) resting on the fact that they're procedural shows.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, preeya said:

As for almighty Voight, Once a scumbag always a scumbag. I'm not a big fan of Jay Halstead, but he was 1000% right in what he did.

He made a deal a season or two ago with another disgraced cop or ex cop in that case. He heard the gun shot as he left the house. In the case of the Heche character I never liked her so was happy that Jay got in the way of the plan.

• Love 4
16 hours ago, Guildford said:

What a snooze fest. Of course it wasn't Voight, Eid isn't that good a storyteller. 

So Brennan, who nobody liked killed Kelton that nobody liked...riveting.

Is Halstead is going to run to Upton every second minute to ask what he should think, won't that be exciting when he has to ask her if he can pee. She laps it up of course being the control freak that she is. Probably why she hated Ruzek so much, she couldn't control him.

After last season when no one bothered one scrap about Antonio suddenly Burgess spends the entire episode clutching her phone wondering where he is...and nothing else. Atwater got his usual black v blue moment. Ruzek appeared for five minutes to show us that not is Antonio only in a bad way he's taken enough drugs to kill a horse.

I'm kinda hoping Halstead & Upton get together, then I can FF through every single one of their scenes seeing as they are joined at the hip.

I know I'm one of the few on here that actually like Upton.  I'd love to see her and Jay get together.  Much better than her and Adam.  We know there's always going to be some relationship drama in the unit, because without it, it's just the same thing over and over again.  Burgess and Atwater?  Anyone?  They are running out of options.

Never liked Antonio, especially when his character was spiraling last year and he was acting all holier than thou with Voight.  Don't know the back story regarding Jon Seda.  Just IMDB'd him and surprised that he's 48.  He doesn't seem to have any pending projects.  There's some articles with Eid saying they hoped he would be on the first episode, but it just didn't work out.  And that we'll find out what happened to him in the next several episodes, but it doesn't seem like we're going to be seeing Antonio back on the screen.  But that the door is always open for him to return.  Why did he leave?  Contract dispute?  Writers just thought his character had nowhere left to go?  I wonder if they plan on replacing him.

• Love 5

Gotta wonder if this is the last we've seen of Heche's character. Arrest doesn't mean convicted, especially in TV Land, and I liked her and Voight's scenes together. They're pretty much alike in their respective worlds and the two play well on screen.

From a dramatic standpoint, Kelton needed to get gone and Chicago is better off as a result, so maybe they're planning to bring her back at some point? Obviously in real life it couldn't happen, but in this dysfunctional world it wouldn't be the worst thing they could do.

• Love 2

This might be an unpopular opinion but I miss Erin and her dynamic with Voight and Jay.  This is why I just can't with actors, they get paid so much money and perks that the average person will never get, why can't they check their egos at the door and just do their damn jobs. I know it is a pipe dream on my part.  I am not a fan of Upton.  Burgess is okay, but I wished that she had remained a beat cop. I found her more palatable that way. I did not even mind her with Roman.  Atwater is great but he is so undefined. I also miss Antonio and Olinsky.  

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

This might be an unpopular opinion but I miss Erin and her dynamic with Voight and Jay.

I agree with you, I miss this too. I hadn't watched Chicago PD until I binge watched all the prior seasons over the course of a few months. I miss their dynamic, I miss Olinsky, I even miss Roman. Hangdog eyes Burgess has always bugged me and if I never see Brennan again, I'd be really happy.  I do like Atwater and wish there was more of him. 

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, icemiser69 said:

She never came off to me as a "real" cop.

The problem with Voight is that there is nothing more horrible that he can do.  Nothing that should surprise anyone.  That is, unless he kills one of his own squad members off.   Voight as a character has pretty much run his course.

That is still far more interesting than anything that aired in this Chicago PD episode. 😀

I agree with you about Erin and you're right about Voight too.   I wonder how the writers will deal with that.   I liked that he got so mad at Jay.  Even though Jay did what he was taught to do with Kate, I agreed with Voight.   If she wanted to eat her gun in dress blues instead of spending 20 years in solitary that was OK with me.

I'm clueless about how they're going to get Adam back.   Any ideas?

• Love 3
1 hour ago, icemiser69 said:

She never came off to me as a "real" cop.

The problem with Voight is that there is nothing more horrible that he can do.  Nothing that should surprise anyone.  That is, unless he kills one of his own squad members off.   Voight as a character has pretty much run his course.

That is still far more interesting than anything that aired in this Chicago PD episode. 😀

That would be good TV. But it was already done with Vic Mackey on “The Shield.”

These writers are talented enough to steal that plot.

I thought Antonio went to Puerto Rico to arrest victims of the Hurricane? Or was that a different Chicago show?

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

I thought Antonio went to Puerto Rico to arrest victims of the Hurricane? Or was that a different Chicago show?

Different show, but he could have gone to P.R. to visit/live with his sister.

• Love 4

I just hope they don’t stare at a photo of Antonio and pine for him the way they do on Chicago Fire. 

That gets really boring.

I am glad that they shook it up and made the murderer be a cop. They really mixed it up. What a twist!

Edited by The Ringo Kidd
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
On 9/27/2019 at 3:27 PM, AnnA said:

Reading the forums is always so interesting LOL

I hated Erin and I'm thrilled that she's gone.   

Me, too. She was the Gabby Dawson of CPD, IMO. 

I don’t even remember what Adam did to get in the trouble he is in. I just want them to make it go away. I like the actor.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, LittleIggy said:

Me, too. She was the Gabby Dawson of CPD, IMO. 

I don’t even remember what Adam did to get in the trouble he is in. I just want them to make it go away. I like the actor.

I don't remember the exact charges either. Adam took the blame for Antonio about the guy that went through the boarded up window and died.   I thought that whole thing was an accident so I'm not sure why anyone would be in trouble but Antonio was on drugs at the time.    

• Love 2
3 hours ago, AnnA said:

I don't remember the exact charges either. Adam took the blame for Antonio about the guy that went through the boarded up window and died.   I thought that whole thing was an accident so I'm not sure why anyone would be in trouble but Antonio was on drugs at the time.    

Obstruction of justice was at least one of the charges against Adam.

• Love 5

So Voight found stoned out Antonio and dropped him off at an "off the books rehab center" which happened the night of Kelton's murder.  Then the next day, tells Adam to run around town to find Antonio.  Then gets pissed off at Halstead because Halstead wanted to know where the eff Voight was the night of Kelton's murder.  What?

• LOL 7
  • Love 1

The writers wouldn’t let Voight go to prison for anything, unless the show was ending. I knew it was Kate the minute she and her dress showed up. Jay has worked with Voight long enough to know that he’s a survivor and can worm his way out situations. So his whole questioning thing was just pointless. Kevin continues to be great and under used. Yes he’s the token Black man, but he can be used for so much more, 

• Love 1
On 9/26/2019 at 4:36 PM, preeya said:

I couldn’t possibly disagree more.

After all the confrontations Halstead and Voight had, and as long as he’s worked for him, Halstead STILL had to insist on running into the apartment and interfere. Directly against Voights orders. When he was going in I was literally yelling at the TV set at him. I expected that from Goody 2 Shoes Blondie, but Halstead was just told to back off.

Voight gave her a chance to deal with it her way and she deserved that much. Voight handled it perfectly and Halstead, refusing to follow orders or trust his boss, had to step over the line again. She had an opportunity to take the shot but hesitated, but she shouldn’t have had that decision taken away from her, especially after Voight gave her that window.

Voight needs to remove Halstead from the Intelligence group immediately. He proved without a shadow of a doubt that he doesn’t trust his boss no matter how many times he oversteps and he needs to go work for IA or some other rat squad.

What an absolute jerk.

• Love 5
37 minutes ago, SG11 said:

Voight needs to remove Halstead from the Intelligence group immediately. He proved without a shadow of a doubt that he doesn’t trust his boss no matter how many times he oversteps and he needs to go work for IA or some other rat squad.

It already annoyed me last season and it annoys me this season, too: what they do on the show makes me wonder if Eid ever watched it. Halstead had run-ins with Voight and questioned his methods in one of the earlier seasons, he knows that Voight killed the guy who murdered his son and yet, he's still with the unit and, as far as I know, he never considered asking for a transfer. Additionally, Voight has proven more than once that he'll protect his unit. He even told them in one of the earlier episodes. I'd say Halstead made a choice. He may not approve of Voight's methods but he accepted it for what it is.

So, what's up with Halstead suddenly questioning Voight because of some "I needed to know" BS and disobeying orders that might get him in trouble? It makes no sense. Or rather, it feels like the writers room ran out of ideas, so they thought they'd go back to old storylines that they thought worked well. The problem is, that is something I don't think you can go back to. You can only move on from it and build on it.

• Love 5
53 minutes ago, CheshireCat said:

It already annoyed me last season and it annoys me this season, too: what they do on the show makes me wonder if Eid ever watched it. Halstead had run-ins with Voight and questioned his methods in one of the earlier seasons, he knows that Voight killed the guy who murdered his son and yet, he's still with the unit and, as far as I know, he never considered asking for a transfer. Additionally, Voight has proven more than once that he'll protect his unit. He even told them in one of the earlier episodes. I'd say Halstead made a choice. He may not approve of Voight's methods but he accepted it for what it is.

So, what's up with Halstead suddenly questioning Voight because of some "I needed to know" BS and disobeying orders that might get him in trouble? It makes no sense. Or rather, it feels like the writers room ran out of ideas, so they thought they'd go back to old storylines that they thought worked well. The problem is, that is something I don't think you can go back to. You can only move on from it and build on it.

He's changed Halstead from someone who trusted Voight even if he didn't like the way he did things into someone now who doesn't trust Voight either. Just to force this faux 'conflict' in the Unit. They had that with Antonio, he didn't like the way Voight worked but he always trusted him.

Trust is the biggest issue here and how can you have people working together in a job like this that don't trust each other?

I think Voight's anointing him as the next leader in last season finale went to his head, he thought the job was his & seemed almost disappointed that Voight wasn't guilty. I mean how quick was he to jump onto the fact that other cops were at the raid where the gun was recovered yet Voight must be guilty because he was one of them? 

Jay in charge is a joke, he'll have his strings pulled by blondie. It'll be like Burns and Houlihan from the early days of MASH.

Congratulations Eid you've completely ruined yet another character. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

So will Anne Heche's character turn on Voigt now in some way. She feels like he betrayed her as the plan was for her to have time to kill herself. 

At least the last time he had this arrangement with a cop it was because the cop killed a murderer. This time it seems a little much as it was more for politics. 

4 hours ago, Guildford said:

He's changed Halstead from someone who trusted Voight even if he didn't like the way he did things into someone now who doesn't trust Voight either. Just to force this faux 'conflict' in the Unit. They had that with Antonio, he didn't like the way Voight worked but he always trusted him.

Trust is the biggest issue here and how can you have people working together in a job like this that don't trust each other?

I think Voight's anointing him as the next leader in last season finale went to his head, he thought the job was his & seemed almost disappointed that Voight wasn't guilty. I mean how quick was he to jump onto the fact that other cops were at the raid where the gun was recovered yet Voight must be guilty because he was one of them? 

Jay in charge is a joke, he'll have his strings pulled by blondie. It'll be like Burns and Houlihan from the early days of MASH.

In reality you would disband the whole unit and start again. Some of the cops in this unit are ok but not together and not under Voigt. 

7 hours ago, SG11 said:

I couldn’t possibly disagree more.

After all the confrontations Halstead and Voight had, and as long as he’s worked for him, Halstead STILL had to insist on running into the apartment and interfere. Directly against Voights orders. When he was going in I was literally yelling at the TV set at him. I expected that from Goody 2 Shoes Blondie, but Halstead was just told to back off.

Voight gave her a chance to deal with it her way and she deserved that much. Voight handled it perfectly and Halstead, refusing to follow orders or trust his boss, had to step over the line again. She had an opportunity to take the shot but hesitated, but she shouldn’t have had that decision taken away from her, especially after Voight gave her that window.

What an absolute jerk.

Voight is a corrupt cop who tortures confessions out of suspects.  This is a fact.  What’s unrealistic about this show is that the suspects in question are actually guilty.  Those tortured by Voight’s real life counterpart, Chicago Police Lieutenant Jon Burge, were not.  And in this fantasy universe where the crooked cop thugs are the good guys everyone who could threaten the corrupt thug hero is even more corrupt.

Really, Halstead would be saving the city a hundred million dollars in restitution if he put a bullet in Voight’s head and everyone looked the other way. 

• Love 2
44 minutes ago, Mars477 said:

Voight is a corrupt cop who tortures confessions out of suspects.  This is a fact.  What’s unrealistic about this show is that the suspects in question are actually guilty.  Those tortured by Voight’s real life counterpart, Chicago Police Lieutenant Jon Burge, were not.  And in this fantasy universe where the crooked cop thugs are the good guys everyone who could threaten the corrupt thug hero is even more corrupt.

Really, Halstead would be saving the city a hundred million dollars in restitution if he put a bullet in Voight’s head and everyone looked the other way. 

Calling Voight “corrupt” while advocating his murder by a subordinate is an odd juxtaposition to say the least.

Id also say real life reflects far more guilty suspects than the rare ones that aren’t.

A few more Voights wouldn’t be a terrible development.  Especially in today’s cop hating and law enforcement restricting environment.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Mars477 said:

What is unrealistic about this show is that crime is almost always portrayed as a function of the police and not the actual people committing the crimes. Almost every plot line revolves around a crooked criminal cop or a demographic that is as common in Chicago as a unicorn such as white nationalist militia members.

The facts are that police can not preform normal duties without being doused with water or surrounded by a jeering crowd. As a result most are sitting back and not engaging at all. Policing has become boring as they only plan to show up when everything is over to mop up and file a report.

This show show move to the genre section under science fiction.

• Love 1
On ‎9‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 3:53 PM, The Ringo Kidd said:

I think Gabby Dawson on Fire went to Puerto Rico to help the hurricane victims?  Or to feed the children?  Something like that.  We got a little pathetic FaceTime video to Casey and that was that.

Why was Jon Seda written off the show?  Can't seem to find any backstory.  I doubt it was a money thing as I'm guessing most of the secondary actors probably get paid about the same.

All three Chicago shows had major exits of key characters.  That's really surprising.

On ‎9‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 10:43 PM, AnnA said:

That was the thing.  Antonio was high at the time and threw a guy out the window.  That would have cost him his career.  So thus the whole coverup.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Lyanna19 said:

I really don't get the hate for Upton. I love that she still has a moral sense of  right and wrong, and wants it in the others too.... 

Her weekly rolling her eyes and disapproving harrumphing towards her fellow officers isn’t moral sense of anything, it’s condescending.

She should take her moral superiority somewhere else.

12 hours ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

What is unrealistic about this show is that crime is almost always portrayed as a function of the police and not the actual people committing the crimes. Almost every plot line revolves around a crooked criminal cop or a demographic that is as common in Chicago as a unicorn such as white nationalist militia members.

The facts are that police can not preform normal duties without being doused with water or surrounded by a jeering crowd. As a result most are sitting back and not engaging at all. Policing has become boring as they only plan to show up when everything is over to mop up and file a report.

This show show move to the genre section under science fiction.

Good points, Ringo.

• Love 2
On 9/30/2019 at 1:33 AM, SG11 said:

Calling Voight “corrupt” while advocating his murder by a subordinate is an odd juxtaposition to say the least.

Id also say real life reflects far more guilty suspects than the rare ones that aren’t.

A few more Voights wouldn’t be a terrible development.  Especially in today’s cop hating and law enforcement restricting environment.

Ah yes, "cop hating" and "law enforcement restricting", because what is really needed is more Chicago Police Department torture chambers and black sites and boo hoo, the poor cops can't indiscriminately shoot unarmed civilians without scrutiny any more.

Chicago PD has always been a paleoconservative's fantasy land.  In the real world, which is by no means just, a cop like Voight was fired and saw some kind of jail time related to his crimes (just not the torture, because apparently there's a statute of limitations on beating confessions out of innocent, predominately black men).  But in Dick Wolf's twisted mind Voight survives because he's less bad than those who would bring him down.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Mars477 said:

Ah yes, "cop hating" and "law enforcement restricting", because what is really needed is more Chicago Police Department torture chambers and black sites and boo hoo, the poor cops can't indiscriminately shoot unarmed civilians without scrutiny any more.

Chicago PD has always been a paleoconservative's fantasy land.  In the real world, which is by no means just, a cop like Voight was fired and saw some kind of jail time related to his crimes (just not the torture, because apparently there's a statute of limitations on beating confessions out of innocent, predominately black men).  But in Dick Wolf's twisted mind Voight survives because he's less bad than those who would bring him down.

“Paleoconservative.” Boo hoo.

Not much else to debate there. 

Because we all know cops indiscriminately shoot unarmed civilians, not criminals who resist and threaten cops and citizens’ safety and all. When I was in the IL State Police Academy, we had extra classes on shooting unarmed citizens who were minding their own business, getting ready to turn their lives around. It’s a conspiracy, you see.

But the suggestion that Voight be murdered is the voice of reason. Ah yes, killing cops isn’t remotely offensive to some.

I do love the advent of body cams though. The cop haters actually believe they would further their false accusations and in reality have been the cops best friend these days. 

Edited by SG11
  • Love 2
27 minutes ago, SG11 said:

Because we all know cops indiscriminately shoot unarmed civilians, not criminals who resist and threaten cops and citizens’ safety and all. When I was in the IL State Police Academy, we had extra classes on shooting unarmed citizens who were minding their own business, getting ready to turn their lives around. It’s a conspiracy, you see.

But the suggestion that Voight be murdered is the voice of reason. Ah yes, killing cops isn’t remotely offensive to some.

I do love the advent of body cams though. The cop haters actually believe they would further their false accusations and in reality have been the cops best friend these days. 

What’s really telling is you considering Voight to be an archetypal cop.  Objectively speaking he’s the worst of the bad apples who spoils good cops he is placed in command of.  But to a certain brand of cops he’s just one of the boys.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Mars477 said:

What’s really telling is you considering Voight to be an archetypal cop.  Objectively speaking he’s the worst of the bad apples who spoils good cops he is placed in command of.  But to a certain brand of cops he’s just one of the boys.

So you advocate his murder. Is that telling?

How come there haven’t been any episodes about Voight rampaging Chicago streets shooting unarmed resisting crimina ... I mean “citizens?”  Wouldn’t that make him one of the boys according to your altered reality?

On 9/29/2019 at 7:12 PM, Guildford said:

"Ferret Face" Halstead and "Hot Lips" Upton, I laughed so hard -- accurate!!

• LOL 2
On 9/29/2019 at 12:08 PM, CheshireCat said:

Eid said he didn't know anything about the characters. He even was told to go to Derek for help since Derek developed the characters but he didn't 

On 9/27/2019 at 9:01 AM, hookedontv said:

I agree with you, I miss this too. I hadn't watched Chicago PD until I binge watched all the prior seasons over the course of a few months. I miss their dynamic, I miss Olinsky, I even miss Roman. Hangdog eyes Burgess has always bugged me and if I never see Brennan again, I'd be really happy.  I do like Atwater and wish there was more of him. 

I agree I miss Erin and her with Jay. Sophia was the only reason I started watching Chicago PD but I understand her reasoning in leaving. I can barely watch the show anymore because I can't stand Upton and I can't stand Voight or the actor who plays him. 

• Love 2

I think that was the last episode of PD for me. Anne Heche being the killer was super obvious. Plus I have no interest in  the long drawn out search for Antonio when he probably won't be showing up. Nor do I have any interest in any kind of back room deals that Voight has to pull to get Adam off, when he is totally guilty of being an accessory to murder of a suspect in custody and should go to prison.

Although I am curious as to what would happen if someone who wins an election is killed in between election day and being sworn in. Does the 2nd place get the job, because it is not like someone running for mayor pre-selected a deputy mayor. 

4 hours ago, AnnA said:

The suspect's death was an accident.  

Yes Adam covered up the truth but it wasn't murder.  

The suspect died unexpectedly, but he died after he was arrested while being beaten on by a cop while other cops watched. No different than if Antonio had punched him so hard that he died, and it is murder.

48 minutes ago, Kel Varnsen said:

The suspect died unexpectedly, but he died after he was arrested while being beaten on by a cop while other cops watched. No different than if Antonio had punched him so hard that he died, and it is murder.

I saw it differently.

On 10/1/2019 at 1:21 PM, SG11 said:

Yeah, it gives the people a nice view of all the complete assholes and lunatics that big city cops have to deal with on the daily. 

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, Gothish520 said:

Yeah, it gives the people a nice view of all the complete assholes and lunatics that big city cops have to deal with on the daily. 

Exactly right. All these fake complaints about civil rights violations and official misconduct show up on film as just more bad people behaving badly.

Of course, false accusations are all the rage these days.

• Love 1
On 9/27/2019 at 11:52 AM, greyhorse said:

I know I'm one of the few on here that actually like Upton.  I'd love to see her and Jay get together.  Much better than her and Adam.  We know there's always going to be some relationship drama in the unit, because without it, it's just the same thing over and over again.  Burgess and Atwater?  Anyone?  They are running out of options.

Never liked Antonio, especially when his character was spiraling last year and he was acting all holier than thou with Voight.  Don't know the back story regarding Jon Seda.  Just IMDB'd him and surprised that he's 48.  He doesn't seem to have any pending projects.  There's some articles with Eid saying they hoped he would be on the first episode, but it just didn't work out.  And that we'll find out what happened to him in the next several episodes, but it doesn't seem like we're going to be seeing Antonio back on the screen.  But that the door is always open for him to return.  Why did he leave?  Contract dispute?  Writers just thought his character had nowhere left to go?  I wonder if they plan on replacing him.

I'd like to see Upton and Halstead NOT Hook up. Dont get this need nor want to see them hook up when both have already banged co workers. Dont hate Upton at all but its gross going for another co worker when's she already boned Ruzek who's fucked Burgess and Halsteads already fucked a former partner. Dont understand why they cant write them to have romantic partners outside the Precinct 

• Love 3