Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E15: Channel 5

• Start Topic

I watched it for 5 minutes than fast forward it every time they were talking and watch for about 5 minutes in total of "action"🙄, in that non sense even the walkers were all wearing the same clothes... 

I am sorry but I could not take it anymore...

Did I miss something?

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Other than her voice, and her hat, and her attitude, why does our team dislike Virginia so much? Seriously. I don’t get it. Has she killed someone, or stolen food from someone? I mean, what is it?  Is it that they just don’t trust her?

Edited by SamBeckett
  • Love 2

I don't get why they all couldn't work together to clear that compound. There are so many of them. Create a choke point; open one gate lead the walkers out.

Boy, was Morgan and Grace's reunion a letdown. She might be dying. The show couldn't give a happy moment.

They should shoot Virginia just for being so freaking annoying.

• Love 5
12 minutes ago, SamBeckett said:

Other than her voice, and her hat, and her attitude, why does our team dislike Virginia so much? Seriously. I don’t get it. Has she killed someone, or stolen food from someone? I mean, what is it?  Is it that they just don’t trust her?

Without earing most of the dialogues I understand that they are two groups fighting over "who is gonna be the best to... Help... Others?"🤔🤨😕

That's it?

Edited by heisenberg
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

I don't get why they all couldn't work together to clear that compound. There are so many of them. Create a choke point; open one gate lead the walkers out.

Boy, was Morgan and Grace's reunion a letdown. She might be dying. The show couldn't give a happy moment.

They should shoot Virginia just for being so freaking annoying.

Yeah but why are they going to that compound?   They traveled dozens of a few miles and worked so hard to get the gas to get there...

Edited by heisenberg
  • Love 1
19 minutes ago, FishyJoe said:

It's like they completely abandoned Luciana. It's like oh well, she made the decision, forget about her being a slave. We got more important things to do, like make endless videos. 

I know,  they have the nerve to help unknown people while screwing with their own. 

If I was there I would start a third group to help people left out by the two first.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, heisenberg said:

I watched it for 5 minutes than fast forward it every time they were talking and watch for about 5 minutes in total of "action"🙄, in that non sense even the walkers were all wearing the same clothes... 

I am sorry but I could not take it anymore...

Did I miss something?

The whole episode was that abominable knights of the round table storytelling telling intertwined with PSA badgering about how damn great they are. I want to shove that camera where the sun don't shine. That dude deserved to die, filming stupid nyah, nyah, nyah, sentiments to Virginia instead of getting off of a self destructing bridge.

We are supposed to believe our crew went down to the river below, amongst all the recently fallen walkers, to retrieve the tape and his body for burial. Stupid

• Love 5

The filters used on this show are so damn distracting. Like everyone's standing in the same damn location, but Ginnie looks like she's saturated in Mayfair and our gang of misfits are saturated in one of the ugly drab filters I never use on Instagram. I just imagine the showrunners spend more time thinking about the saturation of screen rather than the content (or lack thereof).

• Love 2
8 hours ago, SamBeckett said:

Well, first off, I think they aren't fans of hers because of the way she ambushed them at the refinery and killed off Logan, who was no friend but our group isn't into that.  Plus I think it's because Virginia kills those people who are deemed not useful.  At least based on what Tom (?), the guy who died on the bridge, told them.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

I kind of hesitate to comment on FTWD episodes because I haven't been a loyal viewer, haven't watched from the beginning so I don't know all the back stories of these characters or what's happened on the show since it started.  The characters I know best, Morgan and Dwight, that's only because I am more familiar with the mother show.  

Mostly when I watch FTWD now I think to myself that they must have a really limited budget because every episode they are using Al's filming characters talking as a way to eat up time and, I guess, sort of move the plot along and explain things, although it's mostly a lot of patting themselves on the back or talking about feelings. 

The whole filming thing and leaving the tapes (?) for others to see, it's such a stupid idea and it's already burned them, Logan using the tapes to figure out where the refinery is, Virginia deciding she's going to start making her own infomercial (which reminds me of "Come to Terminus, All are Welcome").  And the chattering away on the walkie talkies where everybody can listen in, that also seems kind of stupid. 

And why did everyone have to go on the detour to try and find meds for Grace?  And why did everyone have to trudge through the wilderness to get to the Gulch?  Haven't these people ever heard of a scouting party, a small group sent out to recon and then report back? It seemed so pointless all of them on the march, they apparently have no supplies, no food or water, what did they think they were going to find at this theme park, a fully stocked Walmart?

Giggle moment for me is when Daniel tells Morgan that he doesn't know him all that well but he wants to tell him that no one knows how long he has and if there's something he wants to tell someone he better do it.  So Morgan takes that advice just to have Grace tell him, no don't say anything, don't talk.   That's this show in a nutshell.  

• Love 8

Stray thoughts:

it seems like our group always runs into detours. And really — a BRIDGE????

What’s up with Strand? It seems like he’s not Strand anymore. Of course, same can be said for just about all the main characters.

Speaking of which: Does everyone follow Morgan just because he’s a good guy because most of his plans (all?) are for shit?

And has anyone noticed that new characters (Tom, his wife, etc) get as many lines, maybe more, than the existing characters (like Alicia).

No one even suggested they clear the cowboy camp? The Walkers seemed to have been trapped inside. Maybe if someone, you know, opened a door and made some noise. But no. Better to grovel at the feet of Virginia, who (for some reason) no one seems to like.

I wonder if no likes Virginia because she’s — oh, I don’t know — efficient.

• Love 4

I want to know what kind of batteries Al has In that camera. They are out wandering around with no utilities in sight and she is filming away and NEVER NEEDS TO RECHARGE the camera or walkie talkies. I sure could use batteries like that. Who the hell is going to view the tapes when there isn't a camera with the everlasting battery available for each tape.

• Love 7

I haven't read any of this page so far, so apologies if I repeat what's already been mentioned,

Firstly, telling a story using thirty second movie clips is not only a lazy way, but also an annoying way of doing things, if they didn't waste episodes on finding Rabbis and such like, they could devote real time to tell us these stories.

Regarding Calamity jane and Co, I've said it before and i'll say it again, why don't they just fkin kill these people, the pathetic bunch who pulled up in the jeep could have been taken out and dumped in the river.

Morgan said "how did you find us we're in the middle of nowhere?" but we all know your never more than a gunshot away from renta-herd, who with almost Olympic ability managed to overwhelm the group.

"We've got to block the bridge" Morgan shouted, well instead of parking the vehicles haphazardly, why not use just two, to block the three foot gap on either side of the tanker, but I forgot that Walkers can now push vehicles aside with ease, despite a flimsy, glass topped wooden door being able to keep them at bay for hours on end.

Someone could have taken one of the vehicles, sounded the horn constantly and slowly lured the herd away from the bridge, but no.

Grace's transformation from near death to completing a 15 mile hike in the texas heat, was amazing, those fluids must have been something else. You would have thought that John would have given her his hat.

Why is a compound of Walkers such a problem to these people? Either open a gate and the fittest person shouting and hollering, lure them away over the hill far,far away, or wait until night and set something alight and do the same, they follow noise and fire as we've seen numerous times.

Morgan, you aint getting 15 miles out of that little radio.

Its just the total lack of thought that the writers put into these things that winds me up so much, a person with half a brain could get themselves out of these situations, yet they expect us to believe that so many experienced people, with complete brains, would be floundering around like a fish on dry land.

The fact that not one of the group suggested they could lure the Walkers away was an insult, to not only what they've all been through before, but to us as well, yes, I get they need a reason to get 'Ginny' involved again, but for Christ's sake can't they come up with a more intelligent, believable way of doing that?

Apologies for the rant, but sometimes you've just got to let rip, uuuuhhhhh!

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8

Virginia and the cowboy cosplayers introduced themselves by shooting Logan and his crew through the heads just as our gang was on the verge of making nice with them and immediately took over their gas operation.  Since then, they've dropped more than enough clues that their version of "helping" is very different than our gang's version of helping, implying heavily that they're only interested in saving people who have useful skill sets and would consider anyone else expendable.   It's yet another variant this franchise loves to do of people who have convinced themselves they're not crazy ass bad guys while doing crazy ass bad guy things.

This episode did probably come the closest the series has in a good while of feeling more like the mother show in their losing their tanker, losing the redshirt due to his own hubris and stupidity, and in the long loooong march to Mordor, er Humbug Gulch, only to get there and realize how truly stuck they were.  That's the nihilism we've come to expect from this franchise.  I realize they weren't initially planning on hoofing it with only what they could carry, but what exactly did they plan to do for food and supplies when they got to this isolated outpost they assumed would be empty and waiting for them?  They're panicking realizing they don't have enough stuff to get back to their abandoned convoy, but what reason would they have to assume that there would be stockpiled anything in an abandoned tourist attraction?  This isn't Bugs Bunny where you can plant instagrow seeds if you even have them and be harvesting a bumper crop 5 minutes later. 

It's a mildly interesting contrast and a logical endpoint to all the "look at us, we're heroes" bravado they've been selling themselves all season, culminating in the ridiculously tedious rah-rah infomercial that got the redshirt killed, to see them give up and be ready to cut a deal with the cowboy cosplayers about 30 seconds after their settlement plan went to hell.  They didn't even try to scope out the Gulch from different angles to look for possible chokepoints to try to clear it.  Daniel and Morgan each have experience luring and herding large groups of walkers, but they didn't even raise the possibility.  It's like none of these people have lasted this long in this universe for a couple of years and might have some ideas about it.  They had a big steaming collective moment of seeing where their hubris had gotten them and just gave up.  You'd like to think if they get through this they'll have another moment where they seriously contemplate just where uncritically following Morgan and his do-gooder philosophy has gotten them, but they probably won't.

• Love 4
16 minutes ago, nodorothyparker said:

I realize they weren't initially planning on hoofing it with only what they could carry, but what exactly did they plan to do for food and supplies when they got to this isolated outpost

I've started reading the previous posts, and Dodginblue asked why they didn't send out a scouting group, with plenty of supplies to find the Gulch, while the rest stayed with the abundant supplies in the truck? Another stupid decision the show is expecting us to believe, as is what you say about our group folding like a hand of wet playing cards when confronted by a compound full of stupid dead people. Absolute nonsense!

• Love 1
2 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

I think Virginia is only willing to help people that can serve a purpose for her group, and whatever Virginia asks of those people, they must do, no questions asked.

Echoes of the Third Reich I fear!

Edited by OoohMaggie
25 minutes ago, OoohMaggie said:

I've started reading the previous posts, and Dodginblue asked why they didn't send out a scouting group, with plenty of supplies to find the Gulch, while the rest stayed with the abundant supplies in the truck?

I coulda sorta bought that if they were the earlier seasons mother show group who didn't want to risk being strung out and separated with no way to let the core group know what they found.  It still wouldn't have been great, but I could have gone with it.  But our gang all have walkie talkies with apparently unlimited batteries and range so yeah, it would have made more sense to send out a scouting party rather than drag the children of the corn and other caravan members who are less than 100 percent across seemingly endless terrain for a less than sure thing.  But as you say, they had fluids.  They were fine, even if they were allegedly at death's door only moments before they set out.  Until the script called for them to be too exhausted and depleted to do anything but give up where they stood.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

I'm glad they have a female baddie but they just had to make her great value Laura Ingalls Wilder and Ellie May Clampett hybrid.

And that first herd they encountered before crossing the bridge? Ummm if each person had killed 1 walker that fight would have been over within minutes. The could have grabbed some food and water and been on their way.

Its way more than enough of them to clear their new home

• Love 2
5 hours ago, nitrofishblue said:

I want to know what kind of batteries Al has In that camera. They are out wandering around with no utilities in sight and she is filming away and NEVER NEEDS TO RECHARGE the camera or walkie talkies. I sure could use batteries like that. Who the hell is going to view the tapes when there isn't a camera with the everlasting battery available for each tape.

Phones and digital cameras seems to have vanished from the surface of the earth, so they use some 30 years old tech.  Same goes for tv's they just use cathodic tv"s,  flat screen does not exist anymore...  Ants ate them.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

Regarding Calamity jane and Co, I've said it before and i'll say it again, why don't they just fkin kill these people, the pathetic bunch who pulled up in the jeep could have been taken out and dumped in the river.

Because the kumbaya vibes?😂

4 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

we all know your never more than a gunshot away from renta-herd, who with almost Olympic ability managed to overwhelm the group.

That would explain the zombie uniforms dress alike they are wearing.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
21 minutes ago, heisenberg said:

No, they will start doing videos.

Next up, the zombies show why they just want to help (by eating you)! 

Someone PLEASE do a parody featuring zombies.   Pretty please with sugar on it. 

Edited by MrPissyPuppy
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Calamity Jane and her group are basically Negan and the Saviors, hence why Dwight is like F this and walks off. Obviously the rest of the gang knows nothing about the Saviors, so you can’t blame them for their ignorance, BUT Morgan sure as hell knows. I don’t believe for one minute that Morgan wouldn’t be right there with Dwight, saying no, we can’t call this bitch, and this is why. I find it rather insulting that the writers expect us to believe Morgan would fold that quickly, knowing where he came from. And yes, as others have mentioned, they could clear that herd, or at least try before calling in the psycho brigade 

• Love 5

They glanced at the map for all of a second and a half before concluding, nope, nothing there.  What more could we expect?

1 hour ago, Boofish said:

I'm glad they have a female baddie but they just had to make her great value Laura Ingalls Wilder and Ellie May Clampett hybrid.

And that first herd they encountered before crossing the bridge? Ummm if each person had killed 1 walker that fight would have been over within minutes. The could have grabbed some food and water and been on their way.

Its way more than enough of them to clear their new home

First, great value Laura Ingalls Wilder and Ellie May Clampett made me snort.  Well done.

Part of the issue for Our Gang is that they've been saving a lot of people who apparently have few survival skills on their own and won't even try to help themselves before calling for help on the ubiquitous walkie talkies.  So it's probably not a far leap to think quite a few of them couldn't manage to pull their own weight here either.  If this was a better written show, there's a potentially interesting philosophical argument there between the cowboy cosplayers' MO of only wanting useful vs. expendable people and Morgan wanting to rescue every sad stray in a world that isn't terribly forgiving of them because it means someone else has to pick up the slack.  This isn't a better written show that could pull that off though.

• Love 3

Regarding this efficiency nonsense: Calamity Jane might want to consider expanding the gene pool instead of killing “useless” people if she is building for the future. Inbreeding isn’t a viable reproduction strategy, and this is a small group already. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
37 minutes ago, nodorothyparker said:

They glanced at the map for all of a second and a half before concluding, nope, nothing there.  What more could we expect?

First, great value Laura Ingalls Wilder and Ellie May Clampett made me snort.  Well done.

Part of the issue for Our Gang is that they've been saving a lot of people who apparently have few survival skills on their own and won't even try to help themselves before calling for help on the ubiquitous walkie talkies.  So it's probably not a far leap to think quite a few of them couldn't manage to pull their own weight here either.  If this was a better written show, there's a potentially interesting philosophical argument there between the cowboy cosplayers' MO of only wanting useful vs. expendable people and Morgan wanting to rescue every sad stray in a world that isn't terribly forgiving of them because it means someone else has to pick up the slack.  This isn't a better written show that could pull that off though.

Like the people of Alexandria, these people have managed to survive this long including a pack of kids. So on one hand - agree - but like you said if this show had better writers they would realize that even the weakest among them posses the minimum amount of skills it takes to survive. In my Rick Grimes voice "we can do it; we can pick off these walkers. These assholes don't stand a chance against us" 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
18 hours ago, SamBeckett said:

Other than her voice, and her hat, and her attitude, why does our team dislike Virginia so much? Seriously. I don’t get it. Has she killed someone, or stolen food from someone? I mean, what is it?

That's pretty much all it took for me.  How I take to a new character depends so much upon how the character is 'delivered' to me.  Delivery of dialogue, cadence/tone of voice, personality, mannerisms, body language, facial expressions - that type of stuff.  Maybe I've just gotten impatient in my old age, but it doesn't take much for me to determine if I find a new character likable/relatable.  John Dorie - yes.  The Rabbi - yes.  Sarah - she annoys me sometimes, but has redeeming moments.  Al - liked immediately. Grace - yes.  Calamity Ginny - nope, nope, nope.  Either the actress is trying too hard or she's being directed to come across a certain way and it's failing in my eyes.  I just can't buy her Negan-esque smarmy snark.  Even Negan annoyed me the first season on TWD with all his twisted body movements and kitchy one liners, but once he had been humbled, he grew on me.  Maybe the actress will grow more into her role and dial it back a notch.  Until then - she could round up stray puppies, feed and cuddle them and I still won't budge on her annoyance factor.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Gobi said:

Regarding this efficiency nonsense: Calamity Jane might want to consider expanding the gene pool instead of killing “useless” people if she is building for the future. Inbreeding isn’t a viable reproduction strategy, and this is a small group already. 

I'm assuming, with no real evidence, only my thoughts, that the whole "building for the future" is  just some line she puts out there trying to reel people in.  That she's got a hidden agenda,  or at least I hope so.  This show desperately needs some intrigue.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, SimoneS said:

If they weren't going to clear the compound, why didn't they look around to see if there was any where else to find refuge. They gave up way to easy.

Somebody, I"m not sure which character, mumbled something about there wasn't anything else for miles.  Which is why it's so bizarre that they trekked all the way there in the first place with no supplies, etc.    Except this is the only way the writers could think of  to set up the next confrontation with Virginia and her crew, Morgan and his group have to be out of choices.  So so obvious, it's almost painful.

• Love 4
On 9/23/2019 at 1:04 AM, Iguessnot said:

The whole episode was that abominable knights of the round table storytelling telling intertwined with PSA badgering about how damn great they are. I want to shove that camera where the sun don't shine. That dude deserved to die, filming stupid nyah, nyah, nyah, sentiments to Virginia instead of getting off of a self destructing bridge.

We are supposed to believe our crew went down to the river below, amongst all the recently fallen walkers, to retrieve the tape and his body for burial. Stupid

I laughed when Tom fell along with the bridge.  I can't help but to think what a moron he was for trying to get their "message" across.  He could've done so without sacrificing his own life.

• Love 6
9 hours ago, Dodginblue said:

Except this is the only way the writers could think of  to set up the next confrontation with Virginia and her crew, Morgan and his group have to be out of choices.  So so obvious, it's almost painful.

They could have made the call for help more believable if the tanker had caught fire and taken the supply truck with it. Then they would have been god knows how many miles from any food, only what 'might' be in the compound, starving children and a sick Grace could then possibly justify the call. A fire would also have made the decision for the whole group to go more believable, despite leaving a water source behind. 

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, Dodginblue said:

I'm assuming, with no real evidence, only my thoughts, that the whole "building for the future" is  just some line she puts out there trying to reel people in.

"Come to Terminus......all are welcome....we provide secure surroundings and food is always in supply" :)

• Love 3
40 minutes ago, icemiser69 said:

This is where they really missed a golden opportunity for a sex scene.

Without wishing to sound too much like a stereotypical male, hell yeah I second that! 😋

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • LOL 1
39 minutes ago, icemiser69 said:

It would be interesting to find out where they are getting the endless supply of paint that they can waste on painting trees.

I'm pretty sure that the paint stores would be the last to get stripped of their wares, every house has at least a couple of tins in the garage. I think it's quite a nice angle that the show is taking, that some people can think outside of the daily crap that they have to deal with, and they can think beyond that and bring a sense of 'normality' to what's going on.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, OoohMaggie said:

I'm pretty sure that the paint stores would be the last to get stripped of their wares, every house has at least a couple of tins in the garage. I think it's quite a nice angle that the show is taking, that some people can think outside of the daily crap that they have to deal with, and they can think beyond that and bring a sense of 'normality' to what's going on.

That is the part I like about this show. It's not constant brutality and endless obstacles. They just need to clean up the writing a bit. I definitely think Morgan is better suited to survive with John Dorey than he is with Rick.

• Love 2

This show has really gone downhill.

Okay, so in one of the previous episodes, Grace decided not to take any medical (eg., sonogram) equipment with her when she left the shopping mall with Morgan (the mall that had the medical center).

But in this past episode, there was a sonogram type thing in the vehicle with her. 

And June was using it to scan / examine Grace, but admitted to Morgan and John she didn't have the medical knowledge to know what she was seeing. She'd need to have a manual. 

If she can't read the output of such a device, I wonder what the point was in trying to read it in the first place? And did, off screen, the group go back to that mall to retrieve that thing?

As for Ginny the cowgirl. I can see how others find her annoying, but she doesn't really bother me, at least not yet. I'm still trying to figure her out - her game plan, her motivations, her philosophy.

I guess she will kill people if she doesn't perceive them as being useful? I'd like to know how she defines "useful."

That one guy is in a wheelchair, would she off him? But he has helped his group on several occasions, like putting Christmas lights out on that make shift runway.

(Not that I think people in wheelchairs are expendable or useless - I am trying to assume the POV of Ginny).

I like some of the ideas this show is exploring, but I feel the execution is lacking.

For example, they are bringing up competing propaganda - you have Al's group Vs. Ginny's group putting out propaganda, kind of like the Axis and the Allies, ie, Tokyo Rose in World War II.

It's an interesting concept to explore (IMO anyhow), but as the show is carrying it out, it comes across as boring to dopey to eye-rolling.

Also, the concept of both groups claim to want to help people and do good, but they disagree with HOW to do so.

Considering most of the group dynamics on the original show is flipped backwards - (groups who DO NOT care about the greater good, they're all selfish, ruthless jerk faces) - It is interesting to see the disagreement be about how to build a better world. But it's not being conveyed too well.

Some stuff doesn't compute for me, either - Ginny says she's about helping others (including Morgan and his buddies), but at the bridge, when they refused her help, she shot her firearms off, to intentionally attract zombies to put them in peril.

If you want to help people, why put those same people at risk by attracting hordes of zombies towards them???? That is counter-productive.

So is it that Ginny will help you, but only on HER terms???

Some guy (Tom?) died on the bridge just to finish filming something for Al's propaganda tape - is this show serious? 

I could probably write a few more paragraphs about this show and the particular episode, but I feel I've gone on too long already.

Some links about the show, the last episode in particular:

Fear The Walking Dead Stupidly Proves Its Villains Are The Good Guys

Fear The Walking Dead’s Second Documentary Episode Is Just Unbearable

The guy who wrote this suggests going forward the show needs to kill off all cast members including John Dorie
-he'd only spare Daniel and Alicia
-as a Dorie fan, I can say, quoting Hall & Oates here, "can't go for that, no can do":

‘Fear The Walking Dead’ Needs A Drastic Change, Like Killing Off 95% Of Its Cast

This explains how a lot of people are being killed or hurt due to Al's camera:

Althea’s Videocamera On ‘Fear The Walking Dead’ Really Is The Worst

Edited by DrNowsWeightScale
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, DrNowsWeightScale said:

Okay, so in one of the previous episodes, Grace decided not to take any medical (eg., sonogram) equipment with her when she left the shopping mall with Morgan (the mall that had the medical center).

But in this past episode, there was a sonogram type thing in the vehicle with her. 

And June was using it to scan / examine Grace, but admitted to Morgan and John she didn't have the medical knowledge to know what she was seeing. She'd need to have a manual. 

If she can't read the output of such a device, I wonder what the point was in trying to read it in the first place? And did, off screen, the group go back to that mall to retrieve that thing?

As for Ginny the cowgirl. I can see how others find her annoying, but she doesn't really bother me, at least not yet. I'm still trying to figure her out - her game plan, her motivations, her philosophy.

I guess she will kill people if she doesn't perceive them as being useful? I'd like to know how she defines "useful."

That one guy is in a wheelchair, would she off him? But he has helped his group on several occasions, like putting Christmas lights out on that make shift runway.

(Not that I think people in wheelchairs are expendable or useless - I am trying to assume the POV of Ginny).

I like some of the ideas this show is exploring, but I feel the execution is lacking.

For example, they are bringing up competing propaganda - you have Al's group Vs. Ginny's group putting out propaganda, kind of like the Axis and the Allies, ie, Tokyo Rose in World War II.

It's an interesting concept to explore (IMO anyhow), but as the show is carrying it out, it comes across as boring to dopey to eye-rolling.

Also, the concept of both groups claim to want to help people and do good, but they disagree with HOW to do so.

Considering most of the group dynamics on the original show is flipped backwards - (groups who DO NOT care about the greater good, they're all selfish, ruthless jerk faces) - It is interesting to see the disagreement be about how to build a better world. But it's not being conveyed too well.

Some stuff doesn't compute for me, either - Ginny says she's about helping others (including Morgan and his buddies), but at the bridge, when they refused her help, she shot her firearms off, to intentionally attract zombies to put them in peril.

If you want to help people, why put those same people at risk by attracting hordes of zombies towards them???? That is counter-productive.

So is it that Ginny will help you, but only on HER terms???

Some guy (Tom?) died on the bridge just to finish filming something for Al's propaganda tape - is this show serious? 

I could probably write a few more paragraphs about this show and the particular episode, but I feel I've gone on too long already.

Some links about the show, the last episode in particular:

Fear The Walking Dead Stupidly Proves Its Villains Are The Good Guys

Fear The Walking Dead’s Second Documentary Episode Is Just Unbearable

The guy who wrote this suggests going forward the show needs to kill off all cast members including John Dorie
-he'd only spare Daniel and Alicia
-as a Dorie fan, I can say, quoting Hall & Oates here, "can't go for that, no can do":

‘Fear The Walking Dead’ Needs A Drastic Change, Like Killing Off 95% Of Its Cast

This explains how a lot of people are being killed or hurt due to Al's camera:

Althea’s Videocamera On ‘Fear The Walking Dead’ Really Is The Worst

The problem with this show is that the writers don't ask themself or go deep into like you do...  And they are getting paid.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, DrNowsWeightScale said:

Well, we know that Ginny didn't find Tom useful, the guy she chased out of the condo complex and who then died when the bridge fell apart   Morons who don't know enough to scramble off a collapsing bridge, that's one category of not useful.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

I was surfing on the net, I saw a picture and told myself "That's it!  It could be a  good storyline for the show"...

TWD and FTWD had (has) characters who were frequently asking "Have you ever killed before?"

So when I saw the pic I thought that this dude would fit right in this Kumbaya gang...  After all he has been lost and alone for quite a while now...🤔

How about this guy?:

image.png.602532407ee104c5dccdee8e0cb43af8.png

"I want to help people too!😗

🤣

Edited by heisenberg
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

It would be interesting to find out where they are getting the endless supply of paint that they can waste on painting trees.

Or why they are marking their travels. It wasn't bad enough they were leaving videos for bad guys to watch. Now they are leaving a trail of paintcrumbs for the bad guys to follow. Might as well paint a map showing where they are going next. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, DrNowsWeightScale said:

Yeah, propaganda that is not being broadcast, but recorded on tapes left in random places in rural Texas where there are still tvs,  vcrs and magical electricity for people to come in and watch. To accept this stupidity we have to accept that Al is carrying around a tape duplicating machine for all these video watching centers, OR there's only one Blockbuster she's supplying. Through all the tornadoes and plane crashes, she has secured a cache of video tapes and batteries to continue this endeavor. Additionally Virginia leaves her tapes at the same place/places so wandering Texans can comparison shop the propaganda.

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
12 hours ago, DrNowsWeightScale said:

I noticed they were using the little camera clips to explain things that I was questioning, for example Daniel said briefly that he made Grace or June take the scanner equipment you mentioned. 

• Love 2
13 hours ago, DrNowsWeightScale said:

Good point, the group could have asked if he fitted in with her plans, maybe the show will use that angle later on.

• Love 2