Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E15: Channel 5

• Start Topic

I didn’t hate the earlier episode that relied on Al’s tapes to tell the story, but doing so again to such a large degree is just lazy.  All the exposition instead of action/interaction doesn’t require much work on anyone’s part. Just plop the actor in front of a camera and read some lines.  Were they saving the budget for the bridge scene?

• Love 4
22 minutes ago, Haleth said:

I didn’t hate the earlier episode that relied on Al’s tapes to tell the story, but doing so again to such a large degree is just lazy.

I said before it's just a lazy way of letting us know what and why things are happening, a whole episode wasted on finding the Rabbi and  that woman trapped within the minefield, spend the very short screen time available in carrying forward the stories  of the characters we already know and care about.

• Love 4
46 minutes ago, Haleth said:

I didn’t hate the earlier episode that relied on Al’s tapes to tell the story, but doing so again to such a large degree is just lazy.  All the exposition instead of action/interaction doesn’t require much work on anyone’s part. Just plop the actor in front of a camera and read some lines.  Were they saving the budget for the bridge scene?

I don't mind it in small doses.  The episode with the likely prepper family who landmined the yard around their house mostly worked for me as a one off.  It's the relying so heavily on it as a storytelling device week after week, usually with the painfully earnest montages that might as well have Sarah McLaughlin music playing over them, that I just can't take any more.  Because yeah, lazy.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, nodorothyparker said:

I don't mind it in small doses.  The episode with the likely prepper family who landmined the yard around their house mostly worked for me as a one off.  It's the relying so heavily on it as a storytelling device week after week, usually with the painfully earnest montages that might as well have Sarah McLaughlin music playing over them, that I just can't take any more.  Because yeah, lazy.

Speaking of which....

A Musical 'Fear The Walking Dead' Episode Might Actually Be An Improvement

Excerpt:

One of the stories making the rounds in the Fear The Walking Dead community is about the possibility of a musical episode of the show.

This comes via an interview with Karen David, who playsGrace on the show, in which she says this about the theoretical musical episode:

Regarding this quote by the actress:

“Obviously, it’s got to be integral to the storyline and make sense without making it too far-fetched, but I don’t know if that would happen in a hallucination or a dream sequence, where it could be tangible, so it depends. I know Ian andAndrew seem to be open about the idea, but it’s got to make sense, obviously.....

No offense to this actress who seems like a perfectly nice person, but. We're talking about a TV show where as of season 5 (or possibly 4 depending on how you look at it), the characters have constantly made choices that don't make sense, and a show that had two of its characters save the day by floating in on a hot air balloon shaped like a beer bottle.

The show is already far fetched. Turning it into a Michael Jackson Thriller-fied hour-long music video won't make it any worse, weird, and insane than it's already been.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

I don't know.  With all the intentional and unintentional goofiness of this show and things like fighting Hellraiser zombie art projects in trash piles on the other show, is a big Thriller style dance number since they already have the zombies anyway really that far a leap?

• Love 4

This show is just awful... Sorry to bash as my first post on the  forum, but, I just do not understand what they are doing. Apparently, they do not understand either.

Phoenixes on the trees. Maybe Madison IS alive?! No. Just some dude who wrote a book for his brother. He doesn't care, but, murdered a guy over it, and was painting trees. Now he helps.

Here's a denim factory, let's help people! Oh, somebody took it back but died. Let's live at a carnival instead of there. 

I'm tired of shit being alluded to and never being revisited.

....Alycia kills a nuclear walker and gets blood sprayed in the face, the show ends. NOTHING ever is said again. Now (until 14 or 15, she can't kill "people"). Doesn't even make sense.

Virginia has this master plan to help people, so did Max Headroom dude, but, it's gotta be a secret? 

This show sucks. The reboot of it sucks. The redirect of it sucks. I watch it, so now I feel like I suck.... 

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Rytas said:

This show is just awful... Sorry to bash as my first post on the  forum, but, I just do not understand what they are doing. Apparently, they do not understand either.

Phoenixes on the trees. Maybe Madison IS alive?! No. Just some dude who wrote a book for his brother. He doesn't care, but, murdered a guy over it, and was painting trees. Now he helps.

Here's a denim factory, let's help people! Oh, somebody took it back but died. Let's live at a carnival instead of there. 

I'm tired of shit being alluded to and never being revisited.

....Alycia kills a nuclear walker and gets blood sprayed in the face, the show ends. NOTHING ever is said again. Now (until 14 or 15, she can't kill "people"). Doesn't even make sense.

Virginia has this master plan to help people, so did Max Headroom dude, but, it's gotta be a secret? 

This show sucks. The reboot of it sucks. The redirect of it sucks. I watch it, so now I feel like I suck.... 

Welcome to the forum! I originally joined around a year or more ago to comment on the "My 600 LB Life" show, but I end up posting more to the Fear the Walking Dead forum.

I don't think any of us understand what is going on with this show anymore, either.

My heart forever belongs to the John Dorie character, but the rest of the show, I don't know what happened.

At least the cat they introduced (Skidmark) is still alive (which I'm happy about, I hate to see animals killed). That is a record for a show franchise that normally likes to kill off all animal characters.

I still tune in to watch this show weekly, but I don't know why. So if you suck for watching it, so do I.   :o)

I was also perplexed by the same story points you brought up. Almost nothing makes sense. AMC badly needs to get some new script writers for this show.

• Love 5

The problem with I have with TWD and FTWD, it's the zombies. They aren't longer dangerous, or at perceived as such. I mean, come on a child able to tie zombies together with their intestines? Practically anyone can take pencil to a zombie's head and can kill it nowadays.

I remember when I first starting watching both shows, that seem to be the constant danger from zombies to the characters. Perhaps it is time for some mutations... A siren would be a great start.

It is tiresome to constantly have a group of bad guys over and over again, in both shows.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Zombie Ninja said:

The problem with I have with TWD and FTWD, it's the zombies. They aren't longer dangerous, or at perceived as such. I mean, come on a child able to tie zombies together with their intestines? Practically anyone can take pencil to a zombie's head and can kill it nowadays.

I remember when I first starting watching both shows, that seem to be the constant danger from zombies to the characters. Perhaps it is time for some mutations... A siren would be a great start.

It is tiresome to constantly have a group of bad guys over and over again, in both shows.

Both shows do seem to flip flop on when or if zombies are dangerous.

By the end of one TWD episode, Rick Grimes killed about half of a herd that had infiltrated the Alexandrian compound, and he was later assisted by about 4, 5 of his friends. 

There must have been hundreds of zombies, but in later episodes on that show or this one, the show writers then set up situations where our heroes act befuddled by 10 or 20 or 30 zombies. 

It's been shown on these programs that people can successfully fight herds of 100s, but later, we're meant to believe they can only handle 2 or 3 or 4 at a time.

I do wish Fear and the original show - would start focusing a bit more on the zombies, and how creepy and odd it would be to live among them.

As it stands, the characters now are very nonchalant about them...

I mean, maybe that is realistic, maybe if I had to live around them for years, it would seem second nature? I don't know.

-- ZOMBIE FASHIONS -- 

Another thing, minor pet peeve of mine: we seldom see zombies, male or female, who are not wearing long trousers with long sleeved shirt,

and we've not seen many short zombies (all zombies appear to be 5'5" inches tall and average weight), not many overweight zombies,

no zombies in wheelchairs, no zombies in skirts, very few in police uniforms, nurse scrubs, etc.

I mean, when society turned, when folks turned into zombies, and down in the south where most of this takes place and it gets super hot,

you mean to tell me that not a single person was wearing a bathing suit, a pair of shorts, or a mini-skirt, no tank tops or short sleeved shirts?

No employees in their 'McBurger' Uniforms at the time of the apocalypse turned into zombies?

No zombies wearing gas station attendant uniforms, no corporate drones wearing three piece suits with ties to their jobs?

None? I find that unrealistic... yes, I get we're already dealing with unreality by having zombies, but still it seems highly coincidental that when EVERYONE who turned at that ZA did so while wearing the standard zombie fashion on these shows: a pair of long jeans with a long-sleeved plaid, button down shirt.

There was an episode of Fear where June and Alicia visited a water park, there was a group of zombies in or around the pool, but I don't recall a single zombie in a bikini, swim trunks, or a one-piece swim suit in those water park scenes.

I really wish both shows would stop dressing 99% of their zombies in the same long trousers with long sleeved shirts ensembles. 

Edited by DrNowsWeightScale
  • Useful 2
  • Love 5

I have five years invested in this show and I am really getting put off by it.  The show thinks all the characters are some kind of Plato like philosophers and has become too pretentious.  These obsessions with filming interviews in a time when survival should be the primary concern just drive me nuts.  Don't know if I will make through another season unless something changes to make this into a apocalyptic zombie series with more logical attempts at producing food and shelter than are displayed by these confused characters.

• Love 7

The major question I have is why would there be so many zombies at an abandoned wild west show at all?  Why are there so many dead people? I can see a few ticket takers and character performers but there wouldn't be thousands of people there. How many people die in this god forsaken place?  In my neighborhood, maybe one or two people will die from old age or drug overdoses, but there wouldn't be hoards of them wandering around my town every day. 

Also, I am very sick of Morgan's acrobatic stick-play.  Just stick the zombie in the head and move on. No need for leaps and twists and wasting your goddamn energy to kill dead people.

Still confused about Calamity Jane and her motivations.  Tired of not understanding the dialogue because actors all talk in monotone.  Isn't anyone ever joyful and excited about anything? EVER?

• Love 1