Type keyword(s) to search

And The Golden Arrow Goes To...: Awards, Nominations, and Recognition

statsgirl
  • Start Topic

Voted for Laurel in the "Least Favourite Character". Not sorry at all.

And this MTV Ship of the Year thing is really ruining my tumblr feed. I actually voted twice, but that's it. And now it's the only thing I see in the feed... (ok, my rant is over now)

• Love 2

And this MTV Ship of the Year thing is really ruining my tumblr feed. I actually voted twice, but that's it. And now it's the only thing I see in the feed... (ok, my rant is over now)

If you have tumblr savior, you can black list mtv, and you wont have to see the posts

I use XKit and tried blacklisting "mtv" and "source: mtv" and neither worked, so I used "steamy prize" which is in the post itself (which, c'mon MTV social person, the prize itself is probably not steamy), and that worked. Because, yeah, it is kind of OTT at this point. Have we confirmed that it's over on the 8th? Or is it dragging out until the 12th?

I use XKit and tried blacklisting "mtv" and "source: mtv" and neither worked, so I used "steamy prize" which is in the post itself (which, c'mon MTV social person, the prize itself is probably not steamy), and that worked. Because, yeah, it is kind of OTT at this point. Have we confirmed that it's over on the 8th? Or is it dragging out until the 12th?

There's also the option to block posts using xkit. So the post will just never show up again on your dashboard. Blacklist and the ability to block posts kept me sane this season on Tumblr.

According to people here. It ends on the 8th and the winner is announced on the 12th
  • Love 1

Same .... Other bad characters ... You only endure for one episode or three but there is no end to the misery brought on by Laurel Lance. She gets my vote for the least favourite character - always.

• Love 11
(edited)

jfc thank god. The tags have gotten even worse in the last two days with passive aggressive posts from the opposition and people bitching about cheating and whatnot *rolls eyes* I don't even know how one can cheat when there are no rules. Regardless, I'm so happy it's over. 

Edited by wonderwall

I'm just a tumblr lurker so I have no idea half of the crazy going on, but from what I have seen Ugh!. I did laugh at the PSA messge MTV put on about the fairness of voting.

Ugh it's ridiculous on tumblr right now. I had to go follow a bunch of new blogs just to escape the visual assault that was my dashboard. Why is this MTV award such a big deal?

And they moved up the time when it ends. 6PM Eastert Time.

Did they tweet that? I don't see it on the MTV page.

Ugh it's ridiculous on tumblr right now. I had to go follow a bunch of new blogs just to escape the visual assault that was my dashboard. Why is this MTV award such a big deal?

Because it supposedly comes with an interview (and a trophy). I think the fans are mostly just eager for an SA/EBR interview because there hasn't been one in ages.

• Love 1
(edited)

She is in the category as Grant though lol

I know some of the Flash fans were complaining after first wave about it being rigged. But seems it now was rigged in their favor for the couple nominations.

Edited by Velocity23
(edited)

With the exception of the Supernatural guys, I don't think any of the nominees were picked based on fan votes in the Choice Chemistry category

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 1

Klaroline and Klaine didn't surprise me. Klaus and Caroline haven't shared any screentime and Glee is off the air.

It doesn't surprise me that Grant and Candice are nominated for a couple award, but twice is a little odd to me. I just haven't seen the fan hype, network hype sure, but the fans seem to be a little split. This is a catagory that is clearly picked by the network. Empire and The Big Bang Theory? Yeah, that's to get some actors to the award show.

• Love 1

That ship of the year contest for MTV is never going to be over. I went on Tumblr this morning, and it's reblog city - apparently MTV quietly extended the deadline last night. Guess they're not getting the outcome they want. 

HTUh1FK.gif

• Love 1

I think its more Coca Cola wants to keep trending on tumblr. I saw Olicity post trending several days on tumblr. They also added the advertisment tag on the Olicity pos. And if they wanted a different outcome they would have made some kind of announcment that the competition is still on. The awards are given away today. But will be airing on Sunday.

I think its more Coca Cola wants to keep trending on tumblr. I saw Olicity post trending several days on tumblr. They also added the advertisment tag on the Olicity pos. And if they wanted a different outcome they would have made some kind of announcment that the competition is still on. The awards are given away today. But will be airing on Sunday.

I wonder if it has a predetermined outcome or they would like a different one because there is another post encouraging people to vote and the only tags are #Sciles & #Bamon.  How do you overcome a 14 or 4 million gap in 24 hours?

(edited)

They were already shooting an add yesterday. I think it was a done deal 2 days ago. This feels more like a hype up till the awards ceremony.

This came up onto my TL yesterday. The representetive of the Olicity team holding a coke bottle.

1922001_993134660727120_138655613_n.jpg

Edited by Velocity23
  • Love 1

I don't think the advert filmed means anything because each ship has their own team captain. Each one is going to SDCC apparently.

If Olicity garners the most votes and doesn't win, the tumblr/twitter fandom is going to meltdown. I would hate to see it because a lot of people put effort into this but I will admit it would probably be very entertaining.

Okay, Coke can pick the winner. Either way, I wouldn't be surprised if it isn't Oliver and Felicity.

That's what I was thinking.  I am not sure I understand it though. If they don't honor the vote why would anyone vote in the future?  It seems like if they are going to determine at their discretion they shouldn't show vote counts. (I don't personally care if O/F win but a lot of time & effort went into advertising MTV and Coke by people who do).  I know Teen Wolf (#Sciles) is an MTV property but Vampire Diaries (#Bamon) isn't.  

Oh dear. Olicity shippers are gonna be PISSED if they don't win when clearly they have the most votes. I've hated how long this has dragged out but a lot of people went to a lot of trouble, even fan works were made to encourage reblogs, so it would be so unfair if Olicity doesn't win in the end. Wow. I think they kind of picked the wrong fandom to mess with. Haha.

• Love 3
(edited)

Polls or awards that actually allow the voters to see the results are ridiculous because of situations like this and the TCA. It works for the network because they can organize and garner the most attention, but it makes chumps of the fans. If they wanted to fix the vote and still get attention, they should have just released teasers of the results. That way the fans are still encrouaged to vote, but they rig the results without giving the fans more reason to throw a fit.

I hate GreenArrowTV but at they are smart enough to hide the votes.

Edited by 10Eleven12
  • Love 4

Polls or awards that actually allow the voters to see the results are ridiculous because of situations like this and the TCA. It works for the network because they can organize and garner the most attention, but it makes chumps of the fans. If they wanted to fix the vote and still get attention, they should have just released teasers of the results. That way the fans are still encrouaged to vote, but they rig the results without giving the fans more reason to throw a fit.

I hate GreenArrowTV but at they are smart enough to hide the votes.

I hate to agree with a sentence that has "Green Arrow TV" and "smart" but yes, if Coke and MTV don't want to create a huge controversy, they shouldn't have allowed fans to see the notes. Plus all the promos say notes = votes and "see who's leading," so of course the fandoms are keeping track. And just before they closed it, Olicity was leading by almost 4.2 million votes. 

I only reblogged two or three times, but I did enjoy watching the numbers climb. I also enjoyed some of the fic that was created. (It's kinda weird to NOT see it on my dash at this point.) In short, I'll be disappointed if Olicity doesn't win.

• Love 2

I only reblogged two or three times, but I did enjoy watching the numbers climb. I also enjoyed some of the fic that was created. (It's kinda weird to NOT see it on my dash at this point.) In short, I'll be disappointed if Olicity doesn't win.

The fic was the only good thing to come out of this, haha.

• Love 1

I really enjoyed the Things They Learned series. Short and sweet. 

The MTV Fandom Awards are actually taping tonight at SDCC. I wonder if SA/EBR will show up?

That would be a nice surprise. The most I think we would get though is a short video.

I wonder when the cast is actually going to be there.