Type keyword(s) to search

The Kelly Clarkson Show - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I love Kelly and I think she found her calling with a talk show. I’m hoping she dials it down a bit.  As she gets more comfortable it will be great when she backs off of talking over her guests due to her excitement and over enthusiasm.

• Love 5

I agree with you all.   I love Kelly, but an hour of her high octane personality five days a week is just a tad much.    I deleted today's show without even watching it; there was too much going on in my head already and I just couldn't add to it.   I hope she gets a handle on her enthusiasm when she becomes more comfortable because I want to watch her show.   I really do.

• Love 5

Same here. Too much hyper enthusiasm. I think it almost makes the guests feel a little awkward. Like the Meryl Streep thing with Jennifer Garner. Ugh. The "aw shucks, I'm just like y'all" kind of attitude that I feel like she puts out there is kind it nice i guess, but it is tiresome. I hope she dials it back. A lot.

I do like starting the show with her singing.

I read somewhere she might be groomed to take over for Ellen. 

• Love 3

I saw only one episode and it was so so, and I didn't care about Leno being interviewed.  I just keep wondering how she could actually keep it up, as she is already fully employed with her singing career, the Voice, etc.  Other talk show hosts do not have quite so much going on.  So unless everyone else is doing the work, and she is just showing up to tape, I don't see this lasting long.

• Love 3

I've never been a fan of Kelly Clarkson's singing so I knew I wouldn't be watching her show.  However, tomorrow the original American Idol crew of Simon, Paula and Randy will be on, along with Justin Guarini.  So I'll watch tomorrow just to see Justin (who should have won).  

Edited by Ohwell
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Ohwell said:

I've never been a fan of Kelly Clarkson's singing so I knew I wouldn't be watching her show.  However, tomorrow the original American Idol crew of Simon, Paula and Randy will be on, along with Justin Guarini.  So I'll watch tomorrow just to see Justin (who should have won).  

I haven’t watched an episode yet but thanks for heads up for Idol. It might be a fun one. 

• Love 2

Did Kelly Clarkson break both her ankles?  Why is she wearing those boots? 

I''m sitting here, this is torture listening to her, Simon, Randy and Paula yapping away.  They've been kissing Kelly's ass.  

I'm just waiting for Justin.

• Love 1

I just watched yesterday's show to see the reunion. I like Kelly but she's so OTT with the whole y'all stuff. Paula looked great. Unfortunately, the same can't be said for Simon & Randy. It was nice to see Justin but you know Kelly put the kibosh on doing any duets with him. She probably told her peeps, "Yeah, that ain't happening!". LOL!!!!

• Love 1

I don’t think Simon was kissing her ass when he told her she has remained unchanged. I’ve heard that on various forums and sites. She is always really sweet with her fans and is anything but a diva, unlike some past winners and contestants. 

• Love 2

She definitely doesn't strike me as a diva. But often when I find in or surf by, she is practically yelling. 

Also, the set seems so dark to me. Guess maybe it's supposed to be like a concert venue or club, but it's just not my favorite. Tamron's set is kind of the opposite - very bright, but that just seems nicer to me. Just my preference!

I've been tuning in on and off since it premiered, but honestly it's mostly noise in the background, as I'm preoccupied with other things during that time. I agree with what's already been said - she's adorable, humble, a fantastic singer, all that jazz, but she needs to dial the enthusiasm back. It's... it's a lot.

I don't see the show lasting more than one season either, but hopefully I'm wrong. Maybe there will be improvements as time goes on. 

Edited by GoldenGirl90
  • Love 2
36 minutes ago, GoldenGirl90 said:

I've been tuning in on and off since it premiered, but honestly it's mostly noise in the background, as I'm preoccupied with other things during that time. I agree with what's already been said - she's adorable, humble, a fantastic singer, all that jazz, but she needs to dial the enthusiasm back. It's... it's a lot.

I don't see the show lasting more than one season either, but hopefully I'm wrong. Maybe there will be improvements as time goes on. 

I bet that the show won't last long.

• Love 2
On 9/12/2019 at 5:50 PM, seasons said:

I read somewhere she might be groomed to take over for Ellen. 

I doubt anyone can "replace" Ellen. She is famous and most popular for her involvement and dedication in gay rights and animal welfare. And she can do "clean" stand up comedy and still be funny. 

Kelly Clarkson seems very likeable, caring, sweet and grounded. I have always liked her. She definitely has a great voice, but I think her talk show is nothing unique from any and all of the other talk shows. I doubt it will make it more than another season. I haven't lasted through a full episode. 

Ellen will always be the framework for others to copy. And they always do.

Edited by chenoa333
  • Love 5
On 9/18/2019 at 11:29 AM, Ohwell said:

Did Kelly Clarkson break both her ankles?  Why is she wearing those boots? 

Lol! How about that hideous multi-colored clown outfit she wore on Monday (?) I could style her better if I was drunk, blindfolded and asleep.

• LOL 6
2 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

I doubt anyone can "replace" Ellen. She is famous and most popular for her involvement and dedication in gay rights and animal welfare. And she can do "clean" stand up comedy and still be funny. 

Kelly Clarkson seems very likeable, caring, sweet and grounded. I have always liked her. She definitely has a great voice, but I think her talk show is nothing unique from any and all of the other talk shows. I doubt it will make it more than another season. I haven't lasted through a full episode. 

Ellen will always be the framework for others to copy. And they always do.

I think it is not for Kelly to compete with Ellen, I seem to remember what I read was more of a taking over thing once Ellen retires or has had enough of the daily grind of the show after so many seasons. Wish I could remember the source.

• Love 1

I'd like to see Kelly come out once in a while in jeans and boots  or something. More authentic to how down home she says she is. Maybe as time goes by and she calms down a bit, she can relax the wardrobe a bit. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, seasons said:

I think it is not for Kelly to compete with Ellen

I wasn't suggesting it would be a competition. After all, Kelly "replaced" Steve Harvey". Not in popularity or because that's what viewer's wanted. But probably just for something different. I liked Steve's show but that's only one opinion.

31 minutes ago, Hildegard802 said:

"It was like . . . and they were like . . . and she was like. . .  and he was like . . . and I was like . . .  OH MY GOD!!!!!"  

The end. Never again. 

Yeah, I love her as a performer, but not as a host.

And, sadly, her constant crutch of using “like” a million times in a sentence reminds me of a school librarian I know who is in her late 50s!

Edited by Spunkygal
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 10/7/2019 at 2:45 PM, Spunkygal said:

Ugh, definitely skipping today’s show. Kelly has Kristen Chenowith as guest. That is too much enthusiasm and hamminess on my screen.

and that voice?  no thanks

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

It was on in the background for me today, which doesn't happen often as I feel the same as many of y'all...too much everything, even though I believe Kelly is a nice person. 

My teenage daughter sat down to relax and found it unable to do so with the show on. A few minutes in and she said, "there is too much talking, too many people and it's too loud. Can I change the channel?" From a teenager, who can multi-task like a pro, that's saying something. 

There were 5 people during the cooking segment and 8 at one point during an interview segment. EIGHT PEOPLE!!! There are too many guests on set at one time, especially for a host who hasn't learned how to hold the reins or even stop talking herself. 

During this segment, there wasn't a chair for the "surprise guest" so Kelly sat on the arm of her chair, which she gave to the guest. She was precariously balanced and looked like an uncomfortable frog. Meanwhile, the guests and Kelly talked over one another unceasingly. Hell, guests got up from their seats to extended hugs to other guests and there was a traffic jam at one point. Today's jumpsuit was egregious. She obviously didn't walk in it prior to filming or else surely she or someone on set would have noticed that it was clinging to her lower Spanx in the pelvic area all kinds of bad, y'all. After singing, she had to keep her hands in the pockets from that point forward to help it lay flat.  

Why?! To so many things on this show...why?! 

*It didn't help that one of the guests today was Mario "LOOK AT ME, LOOK AT ME, LOOK AT ME" Lopez. He only made the bad points worse!!!*

Edited by HahYallDoin
Reins, not reigns.
  • LOL 3
  • Love 6
On 10/17/2019 at 11:12 AM, seasons said:

Awful. Just awful. Y'all.

Yes. ENOUGH with the fucking "y'all"! 

And the only other person who uses "like" MORE than Kelly Clarkson is Chris Watts. If you don't like, know, like, who he is. Like, Google his disgusting ass. Like be prepared though, for like, lots of likes in one sentence. And like, lots of horrific things. 

Actually, like don't like Google him. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

Whoever put her that in that Hollie Hobby goes drag dress today must not like her very much. everything on this show is too much - too loud, too many segments and guests, wardrobe over the top, too many y'alls and likes, etc. But man can that girl sing from her soul!

• Love 5

I miss the days when she used to wear pants.  Ever since she got a stylist they put her in some really weird dresses, and they are often way too structured or look like a tent.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

At first, I liked that her special guests stayed through the entire show. Like her first show, she had Jay Leno on for the entire hour and did a good job of keeping him engaged and involved in each segment. 

Now it seems like the special guests just sit at the end  couch and don't say much for the remainder of the show. 

I just don't think her show is going to last. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, chenoa333 said:

At first, I liked that her special guests stayed through the entire show. Like her first show, she had Jay Leno on for the entire hour and did a good job of keeping him engaged and involved in each segment. 

Now it seems like the special guests just sit at the end  couch and don't say much for the remainder of the show. 

I just don't think her show is going to last. 

Unfortunately, her show is the top rated of the new shows, and she is only under 3 or 4 shows that have been around a long time like Ellen and Dr. Phil.  So, it seems they think it is successful....that said I can't imagine she will want to keep it up long term.

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, alexa said:

her show is the top rated of the new shows

I believe your statement. However, what are the other " new shows" that she is in the "top rated"?

There is nothing else new here in So. California. Same old shows: Ellen, Dr. Phil, Judge Judy. So apparently Kelly is just as top rated as Ellen? 

I swear these "statistics" are b.s.  Especially with daytime TV.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, chenoa333 said:

I believe your statement. However, what are the other " new shows" that she is in the "top rated"?

There is nothing else new here in So. California. Same old shows: Ellen, Dr. Phil, Judge Judy. So apparently Kelly is just as top rated as Ellen? 

I swear these "statistics" are b.s.  Especially with daytime TV.

Here is the article

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/23/media/kelly-clarkson-show-ratings/index.html

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Tamron Hall's show is also supposedly top rated, and that is a snooze fest IMO. I think the newness of these shows are part of the high ratings. Plus, like ellen, people don't seem to want to criticize Kelly since she seems to be America's sweetheart. Meanwhile, Ellen hasn't even been hosting her show lately ("neck injury"?). To me she can be mean and sadistic - seems to enjoy scaring her guests, and people seem to willingly line up for her be humiliated by her -getting dropped, dunked, having stuff thrown at them, etc. - supposed to be funny. Funny to Ellen I guess. Sorry for Ellen rant. But I think I had mentioned earlier that the word on the street was that Kelly was being groomed to take over as daytime queen when Ellen retires.  So now Kelly is above criticism. Kelly has so much going on between "the voice" and her music career, plus a family and now this show. Guess you can tell I'm not a fan of Kelly or ellen. 

Edited by seasons
Super crabby today. 😠
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, seasons said:

Tamron Hall's show is also supposedly top rated, and that is a snooze fest IMO. I think the newness of these shows are part of the high ratings. Plus, like ellen, people don't seem to want to criticize Kelly since she seems to be America's sweetheart. Meanwhile, Ellen hasn't even been hosting her show lately ("neck injury"?). To me she can be mean and sadistic - seems to enjoy scaring her guests, and people seem to willingly line up for her be humiliated by her -getting dropped, dunked, having stuff thrown at them, etc. - supposed to be funny. Funny to Ellen I guess. Sorry for Ellen rant. But I think I had mentioned earlier that the word on the street was that Kelly was being groomed to take over as daytime queen when Ellen retires.  So now Kelly is above criticism. Kelly has so much going on between "the voice" and her music career, plus a family and now this show. Guess you can tell I'm not a fan of Kelly or ellen. 

I totally agree about some of the segments on Ellen's show!  The only reason we have it on, is to avoid Dr. Phil!  lol  But I don't watch Ellen's show closely, and typically only make fun about how everyone screams like they did on Oprah's show.

• Love 2

DISH TV shows todays info as " Kelly sings Uptown Funk"! 

I tuned in just to see/hear this! Unfortunately, Kelly did not sing "Uptown Funk". But thanks DISH TV for the laugh. 

The show is only 5 minutes in so maybe she's saving that song for later.

And I just can't get into the "pre- Christmas" b.s.   

WAIT. I FORGOT TO SAY Y"ALL!!

Edited by chenoa333
  • LOL 3
4 hours ago, seasons said:

I've always thought that Ellen was mean and sadistic, which is why I can't stand her.  While Kelly isn't like that, I don't like her because she does seem to be in line to be America's Sweetheart of daytime talk shows.   

• Love 3
22 hours ago, Ohwell said:

I've always thought that Ellen was mean and sadistic, which is why I can't stand her.  While Kelly isn't like that, I don't like her because she does seem to be in line to be America's Sweetheart of daytime talk shows.   

Agree 1000%. But it is hard to find anyone brave enough in mainstream media to criticize or question Ellen. Untouchable like Ms. WInfrey.

• Love 3

ON 10/25/2019 AT 5:30 PM,  OHWELL SAID: 

Agree 1000%. But it is hard to find anyone brave enough in mainstream media to criticize or question Ellen. Untouchable like Ms. WInfrey.

Please.  Oprah got many criticisms:  she was too spiritual, she was anti-Christian (when she would have new age guests like Gary Zukav), she was too fat, she lied about everything from her weight to her relationship with Gayle ... and she was parodied in hysterically funny sketches on the Wayans' brothers show, In Living Color. 

As for Ellen, I think her bits are funny and probably an enjoyable change for the celebrities who know what they're in for ... Her guests are no different from those who dress up in silly costumes for Let's Make a Deal or answer stupid questions on Family Feud.

• Love 1
18 hours ago, AuntieDiane6 said:

As for Ellen, I think her bits are funny and probably an enjoyable change for the celebrities who know what they're in for ... Her guests are no different from those who dress up in silly costumes for Let's Make a Deal or answer stupid questions on Family Feud.

But I don't think all of these celebrities know what they're in for, and that's just the point.   Ellen likes that the guests don't know so she can scare the bejesus out of them.

Edited by Ohwell
double post
  • Love 2