Type keyword(s) to search

The People on the Couch(es)

Emerson, Scott and Blake are still my faves. They just seem like real, close guy friends watching some TV. And I loved Emerson calling himself the brains, Blake the beauty and Scott the brawn! Ha!

I did too. And Blake's reaction was funny "so you're saying my beauty is on the outside and his is on the inside?"

I'm not loving the new couple either.  She's far too fidgety.  The boyfriend reminds me of the guy who played Donkeylips on Salute Your Shorts & was Monica's high school prom date on Friends.  

• Love 1

I gave up cable for Netflix and online TV so I've missed this new season. Went to Bravo to see who y'all were chatting about - - - the new couple looks like a really really bad sketch couple from a MadTV or SNL or characters from The Office who made it as far as the cutting room floor.  They just don't look like "real people" just very bad wanna be actors.

I love Princella and her fam - - they are soooo laid back, but then they say something and it's like Bam! - - funny.  Then Julie and Brenda (?).... and the dogs are a riot (but I am playing favoritism cuz I'm a houndie mom). The rest of the fams/friends are great!

• Love 3

Every single time they watch "Chrisley knows Best" the guys in the gay trio have the best comments ever! I LOVE this show. It is a fun way to preview a show to determine if it is worth watching. I have Comcast and they just very recently began to offer it on demand. Yes!

• Love 5

Minority opinion, but I'm a little bummed that Budd and Mackenna have apparently been booted. Okay, I was more interested in their relationship than I was in hearing their TV show comments -- what's up with them, will they break up, is he gay or not, whose apartment is it, is Budd intending to make an honest woman of her, can either of them go to the kitchen without kissing goodbye, etc.

Doomed never to know!

• Love 6

Awwww, Peanut!!

The new couple are no longer on Bravo's website so they must be officially booted. I'm fine with that.  There don't need to be any more couches than we have now.  

• Love 5
(edited)
31 minutes ago, Indy said:

The new couple are no longer on Bravo's website so they must be officially booted. I'm fine with that.  There don't need to be any more couches than we have now.  

Well, 3 of 7 couches have sisters, and 13 of 19 couchers are women: http://www.bravotv.com/the-peoples-couch/photos/the-people-of-peoples-couch

I'd like to see a new couch or two. 

Edited by editorgrrl
How about Howard and Beth Stern? Marc Maron and some guy friends?
  • Love 2
Just now, editorgrrl said:

Well, 3 of 7 couches have sisters, and 13 of 19 couchers are women: http://www.bravotv.com/the-peoples-couch/photos/the-people-of-peoples-couch

I'd like to see a new couch or two. How about Howard and Beth Stern? Marc Maron and some guy friends? 

Fair point about the gender gap.  It would be interesting to see another couch of all guys with a different point of view than Emerson, Scott, & Blake. Even an older group of men, like a male version of the Golden Girl trio we have now.  

• Love 6

I like hearing the opinions of all the women who are on the show except the Resnick sisters, so I'm not in a hurry to shake things up any more. Though if they wanted to bring the Egbers back, I wouldn't complain.

• Love 2

Not a fan of Cathy and Destiney -- the one on the right (on the screen) in particular.  Not sure how to explain my dislike.  One time she said "I'd be a phenom at that", and it struck me that she says things like that quite often.  "I could totally do that", etc.  The others do it too, but for some reason it doesn't bug me when they do it.  Both of them are a bit too quick to rag on each other, and they're not smiling when they do it.

• Love 1

Ya know, watching this marathon I realized the Dripsters would not have bugged me if they weren't so hell bent on trying to be the "cute couple" with all the hand holding and insistence on kissing before leaving the room. I find I am far more annoyed by the sisters and their dad.

Kenya and Amanda are seriously growing on me.

• Love 2

I liked the male Dripster, but the female Dripster drove me nuts.

I can actually handle the Resnicks. Destiny needs to lay off with the constant "bitch" comments to everything, but I like her and the sister's relationship.

I feel like Amanda is coming into her own over the last two episodes (she was on fire on Friday) and Kenya is gold.

• Love 3
(edited)

I hate the three sisters with the dad. Dad is gibe, but I find the girls extremely hard to look at.  They all gave that giant hook nose/dark sunken eye thing happening and its jarring.  They are way to full of themselves with those looks.  Same facial structure as Margaret Hamilton,  WW of Wizard of Oz...she freaked out and so do they.

Yeah, Im judgy..and shallow....but I love everyone else!

Ok cept that new couple..wow....so glad they r gone

Edited by Christi
  • Love 2
(edited)

Kenya and Amanda have definitely hit their stride this year. Destiny still works too hard but is capable of good banter. Unfortunately, Cathy seems to be going through something serious right now and doesn't even always wear makeup, and Destiny is downright MEAN to her. Watched two episodes this weekend and she kept referring to how mean/what a jerk Cathy was, how she was rotten like this or that character... Really seemed like she was kicking her while she was down. One time toward the end, Cathy took a shot back.

They never made a big impression on me before so I don't know if it's always been this way. Destiny certainly has gotten louder and more flamboyant, but I don't remember the hostility.

Oh, and I think it was in the BRAVO episode, but Dad and right hand sister were really playing up the closeness - holding hands, even.  I have to assume it's deliberate at this point.

Edited by kassa
  • Love 1

I just recently started watching this show and I loved it from the first moment I tuned in. Wish I would've  known about it before.

My favorite couches are Julie and Brandy and Blake, Emerson, and Scott.  I consider them the funniest. As soon as I saw Blake, all I could say was, "That's Derrick from Full House!" 

• Love 3
On 5/26/2016 at 10:42 PM, Steph619 said:

As soon as I saw Blake, all I could say was, "That's Derrick from Full House!" 

The other day I was at a Chinese restaurant waiting for some takeout to get ready, and they had a Full House rerun playing on the TV with Blake on a stage singing. My jaw dropped, he's very recognizable as himself despite the age difference.

• Love 2
On May 27, 2016 at 10:37 AM, lordonia said:

Snippet of Zeno info: on his radio show with them as guests, Scott asked which shows they now watch because of TPC and they said The Path and Drunk History.

Does anyone know the structure the Couchers are given? Like:

How do they know the background of a show that none of them watch? 

How many episodes do the Couchers have to watch before they feel the Couchers can give good commentary?

How are the Couchers selected?

Are there rules about what they can and can't say about a show? For example, can they offer specific critique about a show but not make a blanket statement, "This show sucks".

Couchers are selected via auditions, just like any role on TV. They had an open casting call once the bed family left, and we got that couple who disappeared after a while. Check Bravo's site to see if they are casting for someone to replace them.

• Love 1
On 6/2/2016 at 11:58 AM, Bruinsfan said:

The other day I was at a Chinese restaurant waiting for some takeout to get ready, and they had a Full House rerun playing on the TV with Blake on a stage singing. My jaw dropped, he's very recognizable as himself despite the age difference.

He really is. Blake was one of those kids with a very adult face. He always seemed a bit like a miniature grown-up on Full House and Star Search.  There's no "he kinda looks like..." about him, he's just taller.  

Blake, Emerson, and Scott were guests on a season 4 episode of Below Deck. Destiney is part of the cast of Shahs of Sunset.

I know that Ronnie and Ben from Watch What Crappens had auditioned to be couchers for season one.

• Love 1
On 12/8/2016 at 3:48 AM, biakbiak said:

Julie and Brandy have a new podcast called Dumb, Gay Politics available where podcasts can be downloaded. 

They were on Watch What Happens Live as bartenders recently.  Julie didn't look anything like that.  Someone called in and asked if The People's Couch was returning and Andy Cohen responded that it wasn't but that people could catch Julie and Brandy on their podcast.   I'm so very disappointed.

Edited by Koalagirl
  • Love 1

So I feel dumb because I follow them both on Twitter but I just learned that Blake and Emerson have been dating for four years! Perhaps Scott sitting in between the made me not connect they were a couple!

• Love 2

I leave this show on my front page in order to catch any news about the couchers, but it still makes me sad to see it there. Such a funny and heartwarming series, and it had to have been dirt cheap to produce.

Edited by 2727
  • Love 4
On 12/16/2017 at 3:28 PM, 2727 said:

I leave this show on my front page in order to catch any news about the couchers, but it still makes me sad to see it there. Such a funny and heartwarming series, and it had to have been dirt cheap to produce.

I miss this show soooooooopoooooo much!  I have never laughed so hard,  Im talking knee slapping braying laughter heeeeeeeee, ee

Could we petition Andy?

• Love 1

I heard Emerson yesterday on Amy Phillips's show on SiriuxXM's Radio Andy channel dishing on the RHoNY.  I still miss the People's Couch!  He mentioned at one point about how he was paranoid to eat anything during the episodes because he didn't want it to look bad.  (Apparently Scott or Blake, but I think he said Scott, liked to eat these giant grapes during the tapings, which according to Emerson looked like testicles.)