One Night Ultimate Werewolf (ONUW) Mafia Games

• Start Topic

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is the two-hour warning.  There are two hours until all the votes that have been cast are locked down.  So you have two hours to decide if you want to change your vote.

Depending on the status of the votes at that time, I may allow an extension for anyone who hasn't yet voted.  The votes are very close and even one vote can change who will be DL'd

• Love 1

GAH! I'm so torn. But since I likely won't be able to be here 100% for 2 hours I'm going to go with my gut. 

1 to DL @Hangedman (Oinky Boinky) 

6 to DL @CURIOUSPARKER (Machiabelly, Drogo, Aquarian1, HM, MuuMuuChainsmoker, saoirse, Lisin)

2 to DL @MACHIABELLY (CP, Deadpool)

I'd much rather the Wolves win than a Tanner. I probably just hate the idea of a suicidal player. 

@Deadpool's reveal might have had some impact earlier but it's a little late in the game. At this point a few hours before close it comes off more like a last ditch effort to get attention back on him.

Also if @caprice is a Werewolf I'm never believing anyone about being sick again. But I'll still ♡ caprice. (Feel better soon.)

• Love 1

ARGH! DEADLINES!

Okay, I've gone back and read through again, and it changed my mind. And I have two more hours (give or take) to change it again.

1 to DL @Hangedman (Oinky Boinky

6 to DL @CURIOUSPARKER (Machiabelly, Drogo, Aquarian1, HM, MuuMuuChainsmoker, Lisin)

3 to DL @MACHIABELLY (CP, Deadpool, saoirse)

1 minute ago, Drogo said:

Also if @caprice is a Werewolf I'm never believing anyone about being sick again. But I'll still ♡ caprice. (Feel better soon.)

Ditto!

• Love 2

@Drogo I wasn’t able to post sooner because real life happens. If I wanted attention on me I wouldn’t be suggesting that @CuriousParker is the tanner and then voting for @Machiabelly? Besides, better late than never and it’s not too late because the vote is still happening. 
You don’t want the tanner to win but you’re voting for someone who probably is and I’m 100% fine with that btw lol.

30 minutes ago, Drogo said:

Thanks for the well-wishes, my friend. My head seems to be clearing up, but I still have a nasty cough. At least I was able to get some sleep yesterday. :)

Okay, I don't have all that much to say gamewise except that I'm a total follower and SOMEONE got a player name wrong....

1 to DL Hanged Man (Oinky Boinky)

7 to DL CP (Machiabelly, Drogo, aquarian1, HM, MMCS, Lisin, caprice)

3 to DL Machiabelly (CP, Deadpool, saoirse)

• Love 1

Wierdly, I didn't see posts that came up before my previous post. Anyway!

1 to DL Hanged Man (Oinky Boinky)

8 to DL CP (Machiabelly, Drogo, aquarian1, HM, MMCS, Lisin, caprice, Jesse)

3 to DL Machiabelly (CP, Deadpool, saoirse)

What I came away with is poor Jesse does not know who she is nor do we know either.

She is not the seer, the robber, a mason or a fifth villager. She could be the tanner, the hunter, the minion or a werewolf. 

I am also thinking it is possible to falsely claim troublemaker if you sussed out it was an unclaimed role. Saying you switched two players and letting the seer and robber and people themselves confirm who they were, does not confirm the troublemaker.  

But we are coming up to the deadline so I will switch my vote to that of the possibly better brains...

8 to DL  CP (Machiabelly, Drogo, aquarian1, HM, MMCS, Lisin, caprice, Oinky Boinky)

3 to DL Machiabelly (CP, Deadpool, saoirse)

I'd wait for Mark, but the math won't change anything.  But before the final tally, one fact must be revealed.

The Doppelganger copied...no-one.  (Like last time, this doesn't have any affect on the results today.  But someday it could, so I'll be doing this first everytime we play and use the Doppelganger.)

So, with a final vote of:

9 to DL  CP (Machiabelly, Drogo, aquarian1, HM, MMCS, Lisin, caprice, Jesse, Oinky Boinky)

3 to DL Machiabelly (CP, Deadpool, saoirse)

@CuriousParker is DL'd.

And she was...

Minion.jpg

Which means the Wolf team of @CuriousParker, @Jesse, and @caprice are victorious.

• Love 2

Here's the breakdown of actions and roles.

The unclaimed roles were the Drunk, Tanner, and Doppelganger.

Hanged Man, Machiabelly, and saiorise were Villagers and slept all night.

Wolves caprice and Jesse sniffed each other out.

Drogo and Oinky met at the Lodge.

Lisin Saw Oinky was a Mason

aqaurian stole Drogo's symbols of brotherhood.

Mark swapped Oinky's symbols to saiorise.

Deadpool tried a new tactic that might have engaged the Hunter's power.

And Curious Parker did her job as the Minion and took the heat for the Wolves she knew about.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, MarkHB said:

Bob, can you explain the Hunter again? I'm never quite clear on that one.

Sure.  And I'll use an example that might help keep things clear. 

Let's assume that everyone voted for Deadpool instead of CP, so he would have had the 9 votes and been DL'd instead.  As the Hunter, he would have taken someone with him; the person he voted for.  His vote was for Machiabelly, so Machia would also have been DL'd.

Now, assume the same as above, but with Deadpool voting for Jesse instead.  The Village still would have DL'd the Hunter, but the Hunter would have shot a Wolf.  That would count as a victory for the Village team, even though a villager died.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Drogo said:

What, like they're mutually exclusive?

32 minutes ago, saoirse said:

*Shakes fist*

And for the record, I really was sick.

28 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Yay team Wolf! 

We did good for two "villains" who can't talk to each other!

• Love 2

btw underneath our names where it says when we posted, whenever I see "Just Now" I think:

Dark Helmet: What the hell am I looking at? When does this happen in the movie?

Colonel Sandurz: Now. You're looking at now, sir. Everything that happens now, is happening now.

Dark Helmet: What happened to then?

Colonel Sandurz: We passed then.

Dark Helmet: When?

Colonel Sandurz: Just now. We're at now now.

Dark Helmet: Go back to then.

Colonel Sandurz: When?

Dark Helmet: Now.

Colonel Sandurz: Now?

Dark Helmet: Now.

Colonel Sandurz: I can't.

Dark Helmet: Why?

Colonel Sandurz: We missed it.

Dark Helmet: When?

Colonel Sandurz: Just now.

Dark Helmet: When will then be now?

Colonel Sandurz: Soon.

• Love 5
11 hours ago, Drogo said:

Thanks for the game Bob!

8 hours ago, CuriousParker said:

PS.  Thank you @SVNBob for a wonderful game.

PSS.  Good game everybody.

7 hours ago, Machiabelly said:

Thanks for the fun Bob.

Deadpool, you were going to shoot me? I'm strangely proud.

7 hours ago, MuuMuuChainsmoker said:

Good game everyone! And big thanks to Bob for the modding. 

4 hours ago, Jesse said:

Yeah, thanks Bob!

4 hours ago, saoirse said:

Congrats to @CuriousParker, @Jesse, and @caprice, thanks so much for the game, @SVNBob! It was an illuminating first try at this type of game!

3 hours ago, Hanged Man said:

Thanks for the game Bob. Though I am still a little hazy on the roles and nuances

You're all welcome.  I have fun modding this type of game, and I'm glad that people seem to like it.  I have a plan for the next couple, and bigger plans for after that.  Here's a hint: with Daybreak, everything changes.

And I do have a spot reserved for @Lady Calypso in the next game.  I know she wants to play, and I would have held a spot for her in this one if she weren't part of the mod team for the next regular game.

And to make things clear; To all future game mods (which right now is just the team of Silver, CP and Biz; but this applies to everyone even thinking about running a regular game):

If your game is up next, the previous one has ended or is near ending, and you need a little more time to prepare; give me a shout and I can run a round (or more...) of One Night to help tide over this bloodthirsty mob.

• Love 4

Yay! I am glad to hear that, @SVNBob. Three games of One Night and I've missed all of the sign ups. But excellent game, from what I've seen. 

Also, an update on our game: @TJtrack99 and I are still working on some kinks, so it will definitely be a little it longer. We can't see to find time to be on at the exact same time, you see. So I think you guys might be good for one more game of One Night, but I'll also let TJ chime in. 

• Love 1
18 hours ago, MuuMuuChainsmoker said:

In an attempt to learn and improve from previous gameplay, what could Villagers have done better (other than not being so quick to rule out caprice)?  

For what it's worth, I feel like I really lucked out that no one was actually the drunk, and then I just played dumb, which only Oinky seemed to question. But you know, given that most players actually are dumb in that they have no information, I didn't really have to try that hard.

• Love 2

Jesse, I'd say we both got lucky that nobody had been given the role of "drunk," not to mention the fact that you played it very well. *high fives again*

I'm not sure what could be done any differently, MMCS. It's a fast game and without the out-of-thread discussion of the various teams, it's hard to believe half of what anyone says in it. I just know that the next time I go back to Toronto in spring, I have to remember to PAY ATTENTION to overnight forecasts. I lived there for 11 years and FORGOT to bring a warm coat for nights. *headdesk*

• Love 1
(edited)
8 hours ago, Jesse said:

For what it's worth, I feel like I really lucked out that no one was actually the drunk,

That bit of luck did help you quite a bit. I'll admit to giggling a little watching that happen.

On 5/13/2016 at 10:02 PM, MuuMuuChainsmoker said:

In an attempt to learn and improve from previous gameplay, what could Villagers have done better (other than not being so quick to rule out caprice)?  

From my mod perspective, I don't think there was much you could have done different in the way this played out.  All the information centered around the Masons this time, and you all built from there.  You deduced a logically reduced suspect pool, for the most part.

I'll also say that, from my perspective, I liked Deadpool's strategy, or at least what I think his strategy was.  It fit well with being the Hunter.

Now, questions from me.  Which roles are your favorites so far?  Conversely, which are your least favorites?  (For example, I know Drogo is not a fan of the Tanner.)  Or have we not played enough games yet for you to form many opinions on the roles?  The answers to these questions will play into my bigger plans for future One Night games.

Edited by SVNBob
  • Love 2

I think we were really lucky that the robber and troublemaker roles worked out the way they did because we ended up with a narrowed down list that I felt fairly confident about.  I thought we were in a pretty good position at that point, but then there wasn't much we could do draw out further information.

CP really played the Minion role beautifully.  She was just a tiny bit off without overplaying it.  I also thought Deadpool's strategy was good in retrospect.  It just didn't up playing out usually due to back luck and the rest of us not picking up what he was laying down. :)

I thought this game was a nice palate cleanser after the long, hard-fought game that preceded it.  I don't have strong views on any of the roles, but would be happy to play another game while LC and TJ prep the next longer game.  

• Love 3
(edited)

Thanks @MuuMuuChainsmoker

I tried to do something different with the Hunter than has been done in past games from what I have read.

To answer the question in my opinion of what the villagers could have done differently i think the strategy of everybody being 100% honest from the word go isn't the best, the WW need to be flushed out and all showing our hands instantly only helps their game. For example its easy to see now how @Jesse got away with claiming the drunk because everybody else had already come out and claimed apart from her fellow WW @caprice & @CuriousParker who was obviously up to no good herself. This enabled @Jesse to deduce a role she could claim which was unlikely to be challenged.

@Machiabelly it would of been my pleasure to shoot you, think you would of enjoyed it a lot ha-ha

@SVNBob Thanks for the vote of confidence it was worth a shot excuse the pun, I thought it was a more interesting tactic and wanted to do something other than claim myself as the hunter because in my view once I do that I would of been as much use as a vanilla villager

Edited by Deadpool
  • Love 2

Yeah, I went against my instincts when I said who I robbed from and what their role was.  I usually like to wait a little before revealing information I have, and see what others say or claim and if I can catch them in any misinformation/lies.  But I know this One Night game is fast and we don't have a lot of time and I didn't know if/when I'd be back on.  Turns out I was able to be around a lot more than I thought I would. :-)

• Love 1
3 hours ago, aquarian1 said:

Yeah, I went against my instincts when I said who I robbed from and what their role was.

Same here. If @MarkHB hadn't swapped @Oinky Boinky who was the Mason I'd investigated I would have waited, but since by a fluke he had picked one of the players I had I figured we could at least positively ID two people since I figured if @saoirse believed me, which I thought she would, we'd at least have a positive ID on 6 players which would be good for us. 

• Love 1

I meant to go back and be more skeptical about who claimed what after I made my reveal, but didn't have the time.

So far as which roles I don't think are working, I'd say the Hunter. It might make more sense in a physical game where, as I understand it, all the votes are done at once, rock-paper-scissors style. But the way we've played, I'm not sure it adds to the game. No offense intended to anyone who's played it.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, SVNBob said:

Now, questions from me.  Which roles are your favorites so far?  Conversely, which are your least favorites?  (For example, I know Drogo is not a fan of the Tanner.)  Or have we not played enough games yet for you to form many opinions on the roles?  The answers to these questions will play into my bigger plans for future One Night games.

As someone who has played this game only once, and knowing it's only been played three times on here overall, I myself don't feel well enough acquainted with all of the unique roles to form an opinion. I think I'd need to have played each of those unique roles at least once to fully understand it. For example, if I ever play the troublemaker, robber, seer etc, I would be very tempted to lie about who I had swapped/robbed/looked at, in the hopes that it made one or both of the werewolves believe they were safe a la this example scenario:

I'm the troublemaker and I switch saoirse and Athena but I don't reveal that. Instead I play a little game with it; I say that I've switched Biz and CP and wait to see what they say about that. One of them may, (let's say Biz for the sake of argument), then exclaim "Whoa, I was a WW so that means that CP is now a WW!" In which case, great, we caught Biz the WW as I'd then reveal I never actually swapped them.
However, if neither revealed that their former ID was wolfish. I'd then turn around and say, "Well actually, I never swapped Biz and CP, that was a fakeout to test them but I really did swap saoirse and Athena" then wait for them to reveal any former wolfish tendencies or minion-ness. A la, I get 2 bites at the same cherry.

• Love 3

If I understand the general consensus, and please correct me if I'm wrong, you all would like to play a few more times as is to gain a better understanding of how to play this game before I do something that could completely change it.

That's very do-able.  The "big plan" I kept alluding to wasn't that big; it was going to be switching over to the sequel One Night game (which plays basically the same) with all new roles for a couple of games, then mixing both together. 

But instead, I could do like I did earlier and add a new role or two in games here and there, which would also gradually increase the player cap.  How does that sound to everyone?

• Love 2