One Night Ultimate Werewolf (ONUW) Mafia Games

• Start Topic

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Alright then.  We'll start a tentative signup list, just in case @TJtrack99 is ready to get the next big game going after all.

1. Deadpool
  2. Curious Parker

Let's do a 14 player cap for this game.  There's one new role I can easily introduce that won't change things too drastically.

• Love 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, Lisin said:

Me too! Me too!

1. Deadpool
  2. CuriousParker
  3. The Onion Knight
  4. Lisin
  5. Machiabelly 

My reply window went weird. I couldn't get rid of the k then it bounced around...so I just hit enter. Any way, I am in.

Edited by SilverStormm
FTFY - now everyone will be all 'Wut K??'
  1.  Deadpool
  2. CuriousParker
  3. The Onion Knight
  4. Lisin
  5. Machiabelly
  6. MarkHB
  7. Drogo 
  8. egavasc

I wish to be tentatively in for this. I should have more time for the stuff and things this week and hopefully will be around for game play! 

• Love 1

Why not! I swear I feel like I'm finally almost getting the hang of this whole thing. 

1. Deadpool
  2. CuriousParker
  3. The Onion Knight
  4. Lisin
  5. Machiabelly
  6. MarkHB
  7. Drogo 
  8. egavasc
  9. saoirse
  10. MuuMuuChainSmoker
  11. aquarian1
  12. Jesse

Still a couple seats open, but I could pull a Villager or 2 if needed.

In any case, I'll still include the new role, the Apprentice Seer.  As you might guess, this is a less powerful version of the Seer.  Not a Weak version per se, just fewer options and less information learned.

For comparison: The Seer gets to choose between seeing one player's role or two of the three unclaimed roles.  The Apprentice Seer can only look at one unclaimed role.

It's not the most flashy or game-changing role, which is why I decided to incorporate it first.

I might send out a wave of PMs soon.

• Love 3

So I have sent out some PMs.  Not all, since there's still those open seats, but some.  Don't worry if you haven't got yours yet, and don't say anything if you have.  I'll leave the seats open for a little while longer, then I'll remove Villagers to bring the role list down to match the player numbers.

But while I'm thinking about it, I'll go ahead and list the revised order of Night actions.

• The Doppelganger sees one other player's role and copies it.  If that role has an active Night action, they also take that action immediately.
  • The Werewolves sniff each other out.
  • The Minion sees the pack meeting in secret.  He knows who the Wolves are, but they do not know who he is.
  • The Masons also have their secret meeting.
  • The Seer scrys one other player's role, or two of the unclaimed roles.
  • The Apprentice Seer scrys one of the unclaimed roles.
  • The Robber secretly swaps roles with another player and looks at their stolen role.
  • The Troublemaker blindly swaps two other players' roles.
  • The Drunk blindly swaps his role with one of the unclaimed roles.
  • The Insomniac checks her role again at the end of the Night.  She will be the only player to know with 100% certainty their role as game talk starts.
  • The Villagers, Hunter and Tanner do not have Night actions.
  • Love 2

Closing the sign ups and shuffling around a couple of players.  Final wave of PMs going out soon. 

I want to start the game discussion around this time tomorrow, so try to get your Night action choices back to me by then if you haven't already.

• Love 3

Sorry Oinky.  Next time?  You can be #2 on the list, right after Lady Calypso.

All actions are complete, so go ahead and start discussion and deduction.  The rules last time seemed to work, as did the deadline.  So we'll go with that again, just with a lot of extra time in the front.  Voting will close Thursday Noon CDT (GMT +5).  I will give you a two-hour warning before that to help with wrapping up.

A reminder of the Rules and differences between ONUW and standard Mafia games, with one clarification.

• One Night Only.  Once a player is DL'd, the game ends and a winning faction is declared.
  • The vote is decided by plurality, not majority.  Whomever has the most votes (but not necessarily more than half) will be DL'd.  Tie votes are allowed, and all players in the tie get DL'd.  (The only exception is in an all-way tie with everyone getting just one vote.  No-one is DL'd in that scenario.)
  • No story.
  • No off-thread communication, except with me.  I will try to answer any questions you may have.
  • There are 3 unclaimed roles in the game.  Even though they may be unclaimed, they may still play a part in the game.
  • PMed Roles can be changed by other players, so you may not be what you started as.
  • Blatant role claims (as in "I am the (role).") are allowed.
  • The bar is open throughout the game.

And remember, this time there are only TWO Villagers, not three.

• Love 1
(edited)

Basically.  The easiest way to think about it is that one of the Villagers was replaced by the new Apprentice Seer.

Everything else is still in play.

Edited by SVNBob
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, SVNBob said:

Basically.  The easiest way to think about it is that one of the Villagers was replaced by the new Apprentice Seer.

Great, thanks.  (This version is tricky enough without trying to second guess the roles in play!) 

I'll go ahead and start.  In keeping with the strategy suggested by the previous discussion, I won't come out with full disclosure right away.  I will say that I have reason to know that @Lisin started on Team Village.   I don't have any reason to think that she is not still on Team Village. 

• Love 3
Just now, MuuMuuChainsmoker said:

(This version is tricky enough without trying to second guess the roles in play!) 

Understood. This game just has this difference because we were one short of the maximum players.  And since I'd already added in the Apprentice Seer, it was easiest to remove one vanilla Villager.

I do try to make it clear to everyone what roles are in the game.  Typically this is in the form of the Night action order list, because that covers a lot of details; the roles, what they do, and the order it happens.  That's supposed to be common knowledge for all players anyway.  If that list is not clear enough, I can revise it.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, SVNBob said:

Understood. This game just has this difference because we were one short of the maximum players.  And since I'd already added in the Apprentice Seer, it was easiest to remove one vanilla Villager.

I do try to make it clear to everyone what roles are in the game.  Typically this is in the form of the Night action order list, because that covers a lot of details; the roles, what they do, and the order it happens.  That's supposed to be common knowledge for all players anyway.  If that list is not clear enough, I can revise it.

The list of roles/order of night actions gave me great comfort last game.  I was BY NO MEANS complaining or suggesting you didn't make things clear for us.  I just wanted to double check you hadn't taken away my security blanket.  :) 

• Love 3

I get what we're doing here being low-key and all, but I was one of the Vanillas on Team Village and I feel I need to say that before two other people come in and at least one of them lies and make me look like a liar.  I have absolutely no idea who I am now, though, because crazy Bob game.

5 hours ago, The Crazed Spruce said:

giphy.gif

It bothers me a great deal that he still has one popcorn puff in his hand after he's fed himself and puts that hand back into the popcorn trough.  Is that abnormal?  Crazy, even?  Please don't answer.

• Love 1

Everyone claiming to be Team Village, are you saying vanilla villager, or just villager in general/non-WW?  Because there are only 2 vanilla villagers.  I know I was a vanilla villager last time I knew anything, which isn't much.

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, aquarian1 said:

Everyone claiming to be Team Village, are you saying vanilla villager, or just villager in general/non-WW?  Because there are only 2 vanilla villagers.  I know I was a vanilla villager last time I knew anything, which isn't much.

If you're telling the truth, and if neither of our roles were switched, we are the two Vanillas.

• Love 1

Yes, I'd like to hear from the players who had actions (Seers, Troublemaker and Robber) to see if anyone either found anything or did anything. 

• Love 2

I am training to be a seer when my apprenticeship is over. I know one role that was open when I sent my spirit forth into the night. I  will hold that info for a short time, to see if anyone else claims a role.

• Love 2

I am not coy.  I was the drunk.  But know I have no idea.  I could be good or evil.

On 5/16/2016 at 5:06 AM, SVNBob said:
  • The Doppelganger sees one other player's role and copies it.  If that role has an active Night action, they also take that action immediately.
  • The Werewolves sniff each other out.
  • The Minion sees the pack meeting in secret.  He knows who the Wolves are, but they do not know who he is.
  • The Masons also have their secret meeting.
  • The Seer scrys one other player's role, or two of the unclaimed roles.
  • The Apprentice Seer scrys one of the unclaimed roles.
  • The Robber secretly swaps roles with another player and looks at their stolen role.
  • The Troublemaker blindly swaps two other players' roles.
  • The Drunk blindly swaps his role with one of the unclaimed roles.
  • The Insomniac checks her role again at the end of the Night.  She will be the only player to know with 100% certainty their role as game talk starts.
  • The Villagers, Hunter and Tanner do not have Night actions.

Just bringing the list forward again....

No one wants to claim the Robber or Troublemaker? It would help the rest of know if we even are who we think we are!

• Love 2