Type keyword(s) to search

One Night Ultimate Werewolf (ONUW) Mafia Games

• Start Topic

24 minutes ago, Machiabelly said:

I strongly believe that Jesse is Jesse, even though the list only shows it as a hint.

HAAAA! FIXED! (I'm so smart!) 

• Love 2
  • Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

22 hours ago, SVNBob said:

And some reminders about how this game is different from our usual.

• One Night Only.  Once a player is DL'd, the game ends and a winning faction is declared.
  • Tie votes are allowed, and all players in the tie get DL'd.  (The only exception is in an all-way tie with everyone getting just one vote.  No-one is DL'd in that scenario.)
  • No story.
  • No off-thread communication, except with me.  I will try to answer any questions you may have.
  • There are 3 unclaimed roles in the game.  Even though they may be unclaimed, they may still play a part in the game.
  • PMed Roles can be changed by other players, so you may not be what you started as.
  • Blatant role claims (as in "I am the (role).") are allowed.
  • The bar is open throughout the game. 

12 hours ago, SVNBob said:
  • The 3 Villagers, Hunter and Tanner do not have Night actions.
  • Doppelganger sees one other players role and copies it.  If that role has an active Night action, they also take that action.
  • The 2* Werewolves sniff each other out.
  • The Minion sees the pack meeting in secret.  He knows who the Wolves are, but they do not know who he is.
  • The 2* Masons also have their secret meeting.
  • The Seer scrys one other player's role, or two of the unclaimed.
  • The Robber secretly steals the role of another player and looks at their new role.
  • The Troublemaker blindly swaps two other players roles.
  • The Drunk blindly swaps his role with one of the unclaimed roles.
  • The Insomniac checks her role again at the end of the Night.  She will be the only** player to know with 100% certainty their role as game talk starts.

I quoted this over here, because I got tired of going back to the last page to look this stuff up. :D  Also to explain why I keep demanding a drink -

The bar is open throughout the game. 

Thank you, @SVNBob

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, caprice said:

caprice is half-dead IRL, and has nearly coughed up a lung. As a result, I'm hopped up on cold meds.

Sorry, we're chasing werewolves. ABSOLUTELY NO ZOMBIES ALLOWED IN THIS GAME! :)

Seriously, I hope you feel better!

• Love 1

So looking over the list of unclaimed roles, I'm most curious about the Doppelganger.  If he or she doppled a Villager, why hasn't the Doppelganger announced that to help us narrow down the suspects?  This makes me suspect that the Doppelganger has doppled either a Werewolf or the Minion.

I also find it a little strange that CP jumped in to defend Deadpool. While DP could have been the Doppelganger, I'm not sure why CP would suggest that rather than letting Deadpool defend himself. 

Edited to add that another possibility is the the Doppelganger was one of the unallocated roles. 

• Love 2

Really sorry you are sick Caprice. Hate sick. 

I am finding it really hard to figure out how I can contribute here, being a powerless pawn who got moved in the night.  

This game is like a huge accident happened and we have to reconstruct what happened and most of us were asleep. 

I can read and decide only. 

Nope.  Someone is already lying in this "already claimed" group, as far as I'm concerned.  That's why I said I can't wait to see what you and @caprice claim. 

There are only two players (you) who haven't either claimed, confirmed, or been outed and I doubt it's as simple as "There we go! Those 2 are the Wolves!"

(edited)

CuriousParker - Claiming Villager

MarkHB - Claiming Troublemaker 

MuuMuuChainSmoker - Claiming Insomniac

saoirise - Claiming villager (switched by Mark to Mason OB)

Jesse - Hinting at Drunk 

Drogo - Mason (identified by Robber A1) - also confirmed by OB and Drogo

Oinky Boinky - Mason (as investigated by Lisin/seer) - also now villager, because of switching, also confirmed by OB and Drogo

Lisin - Claiming seer

Hanged Man - Claiming villager

Machiabelly - Claiming villager

aquarian1 - Robber

Deadpool - Claiming seer

caprice 

4 Villagers, nice

btw hitting "Quote this" on a page that isnt the last page seems to cause issues

Edited by Hanged Man
1 hour ago, Hanged Man said:

Drogo - Mason (identified by Robber A1) - also confirmed by OB and Drogo

Oinky Boinky - Mason (as investigated by Lisin/seer) - also now villager, because of switching, also confirmed by OB and Drogo

I don't necessarily think that OB and Drogo confirming themselves counts. Confirming each other, otoh...

We also have independent confirmation that Drogo and OB started as Masons (although I want to go back and verify who said what when).  Given that, and my switch (because I speak the truth!), we have the following "Villagers," one person who has claimed nothing and one likely-false claim:

1 hour ago, Hanged Man said:

CuriousParker - Claiming Villager

Hanged Man - Claiming villager

Machiabelly - Claiming villager

Deadpool - Claiming seer

caprice 

My guess is that, of that group, we have some assortment of 3 Villagers, 2 Werewolves, 1 Minion, 1 Tanner and 1 Doppelganger of an evil person, and two of those cards aren't in play.

• Love 1

First @Lisin confirmed that as the Seer, she saw @Oinky Boinky was a Mason.  Then @aquarian1 confirmed that as the Robber she robbed me of masonry.  

@Oinky Boinky and I have both confirmed that the other was a Mason at the outset.  However, @MarkHB switched @Oinky Boinky and @saoirse so now @Oinky Boinky is whatever @saoirse was and doesn't know what exactly that is.  

@Jesse (the Drunk) doesn't know what role she has now because she blindly swapped for one of the unclaimed roles.  

• Love 1

@Drogo and I are typing at the same time and his write up makes more sense because I ramble but anyway, here's how I saw it go down too:

@Oinky Boinky was definitely a Mason when I investigated her, and she confirmed that @Drogo was her Mason pair when @aquarian1 stated she stole the role. That's 4 people, which is too many to be "in on it" together in some sort of werewolf conspiracy, so based on the fact that 1) I know I'm not lying and 2) I believe Drogo and A1 based on that I am listing them on my fully official "trust list" here's where it gets a bit complicated though...

Mark switched OB and @saoirse which makes us sure that saoirse is now a Mason, and we have to take her word for it that prior to that she was a vanilla villager... troblemaker blindly swaps right? So no official confirmation for saoirse's prior role here unfortunately - I'm not saying I don't believe her, because I think that if she was a werewolf/minion prior to the swap now knowing she's a Mason means she's on Team Village so she could easily say "I was a werewolf, DL OB" or whatever so yeah. I believe saoirse. Which in turn means that I believe that OB is now a vanilla villager. 

But here's the thing we only get here if we believe @MarkHB is telling the truth about being the troublemaker and swapping roles right? Because there's a reality where Mark and saoirse are the wolves and OB is still the Mason and just doesn't know it... 3 unclaimed roles, could be Doppelganger, Troublemaker and Minion for all we know...  

Because I have no good reason not to I'm going to say that the people I for sure, 100% trust are Drogo, Aquarian1 and Oinky Boinky, with a high probability of trusting Mark and saoirse since no one has come out saying "LIES!" other than @Deadpool and unfortunately for Deadpool I know he was lying about me so I can't trust any of the other stuff. 

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, Lisin said:

But here's the thing we only get here if we believe @MarkHB is telling the truth about being the troublemaker and swapping roles right? Because there's a reality where Mark and saoirse are the wolves and OB is still the Mason and just doesn't know it.

It's a pretty big risk to falsely claim Troublemaker.  I don't know @MarkHB to be that rash a player.  I'm willing to trust him, and in turn @saoirse, because had she started as a Wolf/Tanner I believe she'd share that with us and tell us to go after/leave be @Oinky Boinky.

• Love 4

Oh don't get me wrong, I'm pretty sure Mark and by extension saoirse are telling the truth, I just wanted to throw my paranoid theory out there! 

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Oinky Boinky said:

Really sorry you are sick Caprice. Hate sick. 

I am finding it really hard to figure out how I can contribute here, being a powerless pawn who got moved in the night.  

This game is like a huge accident happened and we have to reconstruct what happened and most of us were asleep. 

I can read and decide only. 

A meta-comment only, but it's Very Very Different playing all in the dark and with no one to talk to!

• Love 2

Cosigning @Lisin.  The possibilities for @saoirse are basically:

1. She started as a vanilla villager.  Assuming she believes she was switched for a Mason (and multiple people corroborate this theory), she would confirm for OB and the villagers that OB is now a vanilla villager.  

2. She started as the Minion or the Tanner.  Either way, she "knows" she's a villager now. She would say that she originally was a vanilla villager anyway.  If OB doesn't know for sure she's the Tanner/Minion, she pretty much has to continue playing as a vanilla villager.  Either way, she's not a DL target. 

3.  She started as some other powered villager.  This seems unlikely given that these roles have largely been claimed. In any event, the out some is the same as 1 and 2--for all practical purposes, OB is a vanilla villager.  

4.  She started as a werewolf.   Whether or not she believes she was switched, she should be pointing fingers at OB, either to help the villagers or to draw attention away from herself.   She hasn't done this, so I'm reasonably sure she didn't start as a werewolf. 

So how do we narrow things down? I wonder if it's worth trying to figure out who the most likely Tanner is? I mean, no one seems to be playing to get killed, but maybe they are saving a Big Move for later?

Well, my thoughts are because we've kinda said we think @Deadpool is probably the Tanner (could be a minion though... who failed at attempts to throw me under the bus maybe?) the WWs aren't going to speak up and try to start a DL on DP, which makes me suspect some of our quieter members. I get that people are busy and all, but I dunno... I'm terrible at this part! Give me "facts" and I am happy! It's the guessing that gets me! 

6 hours ago, MuuMuuChainsmoker said:
7 hours ago, Drogo said:

Question for alleged Villagers @CuriousParker @Machiabelly and @Hanged Man --

Who would you vote for? 

What would happen if we could arrange a 3 way tie. All of them would DL but if a single WW was in there would the villagers win?

Sort of like this...

1 to DL @Hangedman (Oinky Boinky) yay triplets

1 to DL @CURIOUSPARKER (Mavhiabelly) A number I am not sure of to go

1 to DL @MACHIABELLY (CP) A number I am not sure of to go

I'll jump on this.  

2 to DL CuriousParker (Machiabelly, aquarian1) A number I am not sure of to go
1 to DL Machiabelly (CP) A number I am not sure of to go
1 to DL Hangedman (Oinky Boinky) yay triplets

Here’s the reveal; I’m the hunter and my initial play was an attempt to flush out a ww, I never disbelieved you @Lisin but only by claiming that you were lying could I claim to be the seer and I figured that if I got lucky and chose a ww as the troublemaker, they would agree with me in a bid to disguise themselves and probably assume I was the minion?
Anyway, if no-one believes me and @CuriousParker ends up winning as the tanner, which I fully believe she is, good luck to her. I’d rather the tanner win than the wolves because it must be really hard to win solo.

1 to DL @Hangedman (Oinky Boinky

3 to DL @CURIOUSPARKER (Machiabelly, Drogo, Aquarian1)

2 to DL @MACHIABELLY (CP, Deadpool)