One Night Ultimate Werewolf (ONUW) Mafia Games

• Start Topic

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Official denouement:  Here's the breakdown.

The 3 unclaimed roles were the Insomniac and 2 Villagers.
Machia Doppelganged Jesse.  As the DoppelSeer, he looked at two of the unclaimed, seeing the Insomniac and one Villager.
Drogo and Biz identified each other as the Wolves.
Minion CP learned who the pack was.
Mark and Oinky had a lodge meeting.
Seer Jesse checked Biz, and found one of the Wolves.
Robber caprice chose to do nothing.
Troublemaker aquarian1 did indeed swap CP and Oinky.
Drunk Lisin became a Villager (the one Machia Saw, to be specific.)
Villager Dougal and Hunter Athena did nothing.
And Tanner Silverstormm lied to you all.

I was a Minion and I knew Drogo and Biz were Wolves.

Until aquarian swapped you with Oinky.  Then you were a Mason (ie, on the Village team) and knew Drogo and Biz were Wolves.

• Love 4

So, you can't trust what you get in the PM?

Well, you can, to a point.  Everything I send in the PM is 100% true, when I send it.  The rest depends on roles and powers. That's why I put in the PM that you are a particular role and on a particular side "...for now."  And why I put a reminder of the order of Night actions near the beginning of the game.  Between the Robber and Troublemaker, there's always a chance someone may not have the same role as at first.

So half of the game is trying to determine which side you are currently on.  The other half is using that information, plus anything else you may have learned, to meet your side's win condition.

This game is hard, yo!  heh

Hard, yes. But the bigger question: is it fun?

• Love 2

As the Troublemaker, I didn't know the roles of anyone so my switching was blind.  That's also why I didn't reveal it all right away.  I was waiting for people to post and be suspicious or not.  I decided the one side was good to announce right away.  It didn't matter though, neither of my swaps were the WW or Tanner.  And we ended up lynching the Tanner.  :-P

• Love 4

ONUW is very fun but really makes you feel a little helpless. Like, I knew I was doing well for Biz and I, but at the same time I was thinking "Are we still even the Werewolves?!" ... It's hard enough to find out who's on what side when the players themselves know who they are. I even messaged Bob to declare that I was truly confused.

We have 2 new players for the new game- now that's fun. BTW I'll sit out if there aren't enough slots.

• Love 3

I'm in!

The more I think about it, the more I think this should have been an easier win for the Village. Jesse claimed Seer and said Biz was evil (I.e., a werewolf). Mach claimed Doppelganger and confirmed that Jesse was Seer, A1 didn't switch Biz, and caprice, as it turns out, didn't steal her card, either. So at that point the question should have been, was caprice telling the truth, or was she lying because she had stolen the other Werewolf card from Drogo (or Minion)? We wound up bamboozling ourselves, with the able help of Drogo and Silver.

• Love 6
(edited)
Hard, yes. But the bigger question: is it fun?

It was fun.  It was confusing.  I am getting tips from Silver as I type this (hee)!

So does this mean that after A1 said she switched me and OB, that I could have come out and said "then that means OB is now the Minion and Biz & Drogo are the wolves"?  And we would have won?  If that's true, I'm so dumb naive.

Edited by SilverStormm
FTFY!

It's hard enough to find out who's on what side when the players themselves know who they are.

^^ This!

It was fun.  It was confusing.  I am getting tips from Silver as I type this (hee)!

So does this mean that after A1 said she switched me and OB, that I could have come out and said "then that means OB is now the Minion and Biz & Drogo are the wolves"?  And we would have won?  If that's true, I'm so dumb naive.

You are NOT dumb, so I'm glad you crossed that off.  As to your question, you could have revealed that if you believed me.  It turns out, I was on the up and up.  But then the flip side of that is, would we believe you?  I'd believe you were no longer something, but would I believe what you said you were?  Again, in this particular game, probably, but you  never know.

• Love 2

And someone who can access the list of future games up top, you can add me and LC with Heroes Reborn/Daredevil/Jessica Jones/Charmed...

Done. And still trying to figure out the crossover between those shows, and then I remember...@TJtrack99 is involved. He will make it happen.

• Love 3

Is rule #3 that we break all the rules? If so, I think you have a paradox on your hands.

Or is rule #3 just not to trust us? Because that is silly. Silver and I are as pure as the driven

slush

snow

• Love 3

Alrighty y'all! Sign ups are officially closed (or at least have been for about four hours now!) and PMs are going out shortly. They may take some time so please be patient. 

• Love 4

Alrighty y'all! All the PMs have gone out! I'll probably post something more about the game early tomorrow and then the Day 1 story. But for now, I've done way too much writing and my fingers need a break! 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, TJtrack99 said:

In regards to the next actual round, Lady Calypso and I are still trying to come up with our general plot (especially cause I'm not an expert in Jessica Jones or Charmed). Plus my Econ students have their big test on Thursday, so I'm hesitant to commit to much game-wise before then.

In that case, I could run another One Night round if y'all want.  Same rules as last time.

• Love 3

Me too!

10 hours ago, TJtrack99 said:

Yes! I was already toying in my head with trying to figure out if there was some way to apply it to Mafia...though this is usually TV-based and not movie-based...

I've totally been thinking about Avengers Mafia! So many good and bad guys. 

• Love 1