Type keyword(s) to search

One Night Ultimate Werewolf (ONUW) Mafia Games

• Start Topic

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that you'd be lying or anything. I just thought because I'm dumb that because we have 13 players and you had 13 things on that list that we had gotten a list of which cards had been drawn, when actually we just got a list of what the twelve roles are (in order of night actions, then Villager/Hunter/Tanner, the non-night-acting-roles, listed after).

So our card list is:

1. Doppelganger (claimed by Machiabelly)

2-3. Werewolves

4. Minion

5-6. Masons (claimed OB, Mark)

7. Seer (claimed Jesse)

8. Robber (claimed SilverStormm)

9. Troublemaker- A1

10. Drunk (claimed Lisin)

11. Insomniac

12. Hunter (claimed Athena)

13. Tanner

14-16. Villagers (claimed Drogo, Dougal, plus Machiabelly says one not dealt)

Three total of these were not dealt.

SilverStormm outed Mark as the other mason. A1 I think is saying she is a troublemaker and my life hasn't been the same since. 

• Love 3
  • Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

At this point I guess I'm most suspicious of silent players. But something's bugging me.

So Jesse claimed Seer and indicated that Biz was a Werewolf, but Silver robbed Biz (Robber acts after Seer) and is vouching for her. Which could mean that now Biz is The Robber and Silver is some other "good" role, or it could mean Silver is now a Werewolf and Biz is now The Robber.

The problem I'm having is if Biz was a Wolf and Silver took her role, why would Silver would come right out and vouch for her after Jesse said it- then we'd know to kill her.

But.. if *Jesse* were a Wolf it'd be smart to target Biz after she said she was going to be out of pocket for the day... Jesse couldn't have known someone would rob Biz and vouch for her.

Shooting blind, guys. Does it compute?

Or Silver is the Tanner, pretending to be the Robber in an effort to be killed? That's a little complicated, though. I promise I saw Biz as a Wolf.

• Love 2

Everybody's at least checked in and I think everyone has contributed/participated except CP who just said she was confused, and Biz who said she'd be out today.

• Love 2

I am enjoying reading the confusion.

But as a non-player, I might as well announce what TJ and I have planned.

*drumroll*

As most of you guessed, it is a baby goblin!

PZO1114-GoblinTreasure.jpg

Except, not. It's actually a game-thing. Yes, we are co-modding a game together. To be more specific, a Heroes/Charmed/Jessica Jones game. Possibly with Daredevil? Actually, probably with Daredevil as well. So yes, that's coming to a forum near you....after everyone else does their rounds. 

• Love 4

Everybody's at least checked in and I think everyone has contributed/participated except CP who just said she was confused, and Biz who said she'd be out today.

CP - are you still confused?  BB - are you back? or is it past your bedtime now?

• Love 2

I am still confused (much like Xander) but I thought I had given some hints.  Here I'll be more obvious.

My thoughts are in bold.

1. Doppelganger (claimed by Machiabelly) Agree
2-3. Werewolves (Athena, ?)
4. Minion (?)
5-6. Masons (claimed OB, Mark) (?)
7. Seer (claimed Jesse) Agree
8. Robber (claimed SilverStormm) Agree
9. Troublemaker (A1)
10. Drunk (claimed Lisin) (?)
11. Insomniac (ME)
12. Hunter (claimed Athena) (Lies)
13. Tanner (?)
14-16. Villagers (claimed Drogo, Dougal, plus Machiabelly says one not dealt) Agree

Now Mach, I'm confused.  I thought we claimed the Dopplerganger.  Now you're claiming visions which would point to seer which was claimed by Jesse.

Drogo, I'm only doing what seems best to serve the group.

OH!  Ok. Mach.  I'm with you now.  But, you're wrong about hides.  I smell like sweat and tears.  heh.

CP, are you saying Athena is lying because you're the Hunter? Or did you find something out about Athena last night?

Mach it's not that I don't trust you but Doppelganger acts first, so quite a bit could have changed since your turn. And I don't have any night actions so I'm all Jon Snow over here.

It drives me crazy that in this game most of us can't even be sure we're still the role we started as. Say that 4 times fast.

What are we thinking in regards to a vote?

• Love 1

I was wrong- just realized that #13 caprice hasn't been here at all. (Sup with that?)

• Love 1

What's the win condition for the villagers? Since we only get one chance to vote and there may be multiple werewolves, do we win if we hit any of them?

If a Werewolf gets the most votes, the Village wins. If the Tanner gets the most votes, the Tanner wins. If anyone else gets the most votes, the Werewolves win.

• Love 2
(edited)
If a Werewolf gets the most votes, the Village wins. If the Tanner gets the most votes, the Tanner wins. If anyone else gets the most votes, the Werewolves win.

This is correct.

I will also add at this point that in case of a tie, both people are eliminated.  Which could mean a joint win for Village and Tanner, or Wolves and Tanner.

And like Biz, caprice told me she would also be out for the day due to travel.  I think she also mentioned it upthread, about changing timezones this weekend.

Edited by SVNBob
  • Love 3

While there's a little lull here, I'll clarify a few general questions about the game.  Most of them have been figured out by context, but it won't hurt for me to make things official.

Using a term used upthread, 13 roles were "dealt out" to players, but all 16 are in play.  The 3 extra roles can still have some informational value.  And the Drunk blindly swaps for one of these roles.

The Doppelganger is on the Village team at the start; they only change teams if they copy a Wolf or the Tanner.  Their Night action is to copy a role, and depending on what role they copy, they may get a second Night action.

People who are Robbed or are swapped by the Troublemaker do not know about this until discussions start, unless they were dealt the Insomniac.  The Insomniac is the only person that will know what their role is.

I think that covers everything I saw so far.

• Love 2

Drive was tough ... sorry for being MIA ...

And while I was, gosh things went a bit crazy ... so many accusations, and what looks like switched or copied roles.  

I have to read again ... when it's not so early ... will be back ... just wanted to post so I wouldn't be accused of not playing.  

• Love 1

Ok, I’ll admit I’m not the Robber.
Having read that Jesse was suspicious of her, I saw a chance to set a trap for Biz - claim to be the Robber and say I had switched with her and that we’re both good. I figured that if Biz is a WW, she would likely come back and say “Aha! Well I was a WW which means Silver is now a WW!” Thus, unwittingly revealing herself.
But my plan is a bust because I was hoping Biz would reply last night, and she still hasn’t actually said anything as yet and now caprice has come in and let the cat out of the bag, totally throwing my plan up the river without a paddle. On top of that, what I did seems to have caused some confusion, so I figured I need to set the record straight asap.
However, here’s where it gets interesting…I’m actually a villager, so one of the other two claiming to be villagers must be either the Minion or something else?

ETA: I actually have no clue whether Jesse really is the seer or not btw.

• Love 1

Just because one may have started as something, doesn't mean they are that for life ...

I love how almost everyone is gunning for me so early in the game.  

I can say with some certainty:

Yet, though I am not what I ought to be, nor what I wish to be, nor what I hope to be, I can truly say, I am not what I once was.

Someone is indeed a robber, whether that person is SS or not, remains to be seen.  But there is something definitely nefarious afoot. 

• Love 1

I want to believe Silver but that seems like a risky aka unlikely strategy.

Which makes me think Silver is either a WW or more likely the Tanner.

I think I trust CP since the insomniac would have gone last, and we're running out of time in this town.

1 vote for Athena (Drogo)

1 vote for Silver (caprice)

• Love 1

A person who is robbed of their role doesn't know it, right? So how would Biz know if she had been robbed or not? And of course the person who was the Robber, if they did rob Biz and end up as a Wolf, wouldn't want to come forward with that, so I guess I'm back to square one, and Biz either is or is not a Werewolf!

CP, why do you have Athena slotted as a Wolf?

• Love 1

People who are Robbed or are swapped by the Troublemaker do not know about this until discussions start, unless they were dealt the Insomniac.  The Insomniac is the only person that will know what their role is.

The Insomniac knows who they are, even if they've been swapped? CP is the other one I swapped, and as the Insomniac she should know that. Also, despite what she says above, she did not drop hints about being the Insomniac prior to that post. She then tried to throw shade on Mach.

(All times listed are CST, but you'll still see the sequence/progression)

Post from 7:07pm.

I am still confused (much like Xander) but I thought I had given some hints. Here I'll be more obvious....

Prior posts:

4:09am

I'm scared. Somebody say something and show me what to do. heh

1:12pm

Having read all this, I think I ... still don't know what's going on; but I'm going to trust Drogo and Silver.

I vote for CuriousParker.  I don't know how many more are needed.

• Love 1

Insomniac is the only role that would know for sure who they are. 

CP claims Insomniac...unless (ME) in brackets in her list means something else.

I know that when I did my power the insomniac was not in play.

So...what is CP? I lean towards Tanner. She did not claim a role until after I said I knew which one was unclaimed, and she then claimed one no one else had. 

If Silver is telling the truth, then Dougal or Drogo is a WW. Can anyone shed any light on them?

If silver is lying, probably the WW.

• Love 1

If Silver is telling the truth, then Dougal or Drogo is a WW. Can anyone shed any light on them?

If silver is lying, probably the WW.

I'm a Villager. I don't have anything to offer in the way of evidence unfortunately, but maybe someone used a night action on me and can clear my name? If it helps- had I been a WW I definitely would have waited to see which roles went unclaimed and claimed one of those. I had that strategy planned since our first game.

I like you Bob but your game really screws up my brain. It's hard enough to find baddies when they know who they are.

• Love 1

A person who is robbed of their role doesn't know it, right? So how would Biz know if she had been robbed or not? And of course the person who was the Robber, if they did rob Biz and end up as a Wolf, wouldn't want to come forward with that, so I guess I'm back to square one, and Biz either is or is not a Werewolf!

CP, why do you have Athena slotted as a Wolf?

I didn't say any particular person was a Robber, just that there was one ... 

• Love 1
The Insomniac knows who they are, even if they've been swapped?

Sorry, thought I'd made that clear at some point.  The Insomniac's power is to check their role after everyone else has acted.  So they would know if they were still the Insomniac, or if they were something else because of a Robber or Troublemaker (or a Doppleganger copying one of those).

• Love 2

I could be swayed on Drogo.  He's been pinging my radar since the beginning (as has CP).  His feigned ignorance and confusion plus then disclosing specific strategies he'd use seem at odds.  Plus I can't imagine he's really this confused about any type of Mafia game, even 1 day Werewolf.  

• Love 2

Bob Q:

If a role didn't exist when the Doppelganger performed his action, does that mean that role doesn't exist now?

I think I understand the question, so let me answer it this way:

The Doppleganger copies a role that was dealt to one other player, and not one of the extra 3.  The Drunk swaps the role they were dealt with one of the extra 3, but does not learn what it is.

• Love 2

To be clear, I swapped OB and CP.  OB claimed Mason and then realized she may no longer be given my first clue.  CP claimed Insomniac.  Something about that still doesn't seem right to be given SVNBob's explanations and clarifications, but I can't quite articulate why.

• Love 1

I was assigned the Villager and as far as I know, I'm still a Villager.

Sorry A1, I wish I could be my normal/confident Mafia self, but truly this game ties my head in knots. Why? None of us know who we are for sure, and we also have a suicidal player hanging around who wins if we kill them. This means that someone whose actions incriminate themselves (ex: someone who falsely claims a singular role like Robber or Insomniac, fully knowing they will probably be called out and exposed by the real Robber/Insomniac- as Silver and CP have done) should be thought about long and hard before voted for, since their exposure is quite possibly be part of their Master Plan to get us to kill them.

Anyway, based on Bob's clarification above- the possibility exists that Insomniac wasn't in play when Mach doppelgang'd, then our Drunk activated Insomniac, then the Troublemaker made CP the Insomniac and made the Drunk whatever CP's role is... BUT if that had happened then *CP wouldn't know* she was the Insomniac, and *she claimed she was.*

Sorry CP, but that said, I have to trust the Doppelseer and I can't trust you on your Athena assertions because you probably aren't who you claimed to be- and if you were you wouldn't know it anyway. I think you may be the Tanner, though, and I'm not really convinced Silver's not the Tanner either.

Going to vote for Biz, because Jesse said she was bad and Mach is vouching for Jesse. and the person who vouched for Biz turned out to not be who she said she was.

2 votes for Silver (caprice,Machiabelly)

1 vote for CuriousParker (Aquarian)

1 vote for BizBuzz (Drogo)

• Love 1

FYI, voting for me is a mistake, one you will really regret...

I think Dougal is the fake villager so I’m voting for him.

1 vote for Dougal (SilverStormm)

• Love 3
Anyway, based on Bob's clarification above- the possibility exists that Insomniac wasn't in play when Mach doppelgang'd, then our Drunk activated Insomniac, then the Troublemaker made CP the Insomniac and made the Drunk whatever CP's role is... BUT if that had happened then *CP wouldn't know* she was the Insomniac, and *she claimed she was.*

I swapped OB and CP, so unless you think OB was actually the drunk and not a Mason, then this makes no sense.  And then you say CP is suspicious yet you still don't vote for her.  Really not following you at all.

From what I understand a Troublemaker is not new to this game, so why would it make you less confident then before.  I think your multi-paragraph defense, including indicating CP is lying but randomly voting for someone else make you looks shady. You are protesting too much, as they say.  I still think CP is shady, too, so I haven't switched my vote.

For the people have said you suspect SS or Drogo, why are you voting for SS and not Drogo?  Just curious, it might help me.

• Love 3

As I mentioned A1, I think either CP or Silver is the Tanner. If we kill the Tanner we lose. That's why I not randomly voted for BizBuzz.

To be clear, I swapped OB and CP. OB claimed Mason and then realized she may no longer be given my first clue. CP claimed Insomniac. Something about that still doesn't seem right to be given SVNBob's explanations and clarifications, but I can't quite articulate why.

A1, my "multi-paragraph defense" was actually just an answer to your post above. If Mach is telling the truth, then the only way CP could be who she said she is would be if you had swapped her with Lisin. But even if you had, CP wouldn't know. So she's definitely lying.

My issue is she and Silver have made themselves too suspicious, indicating Tanner.

I'd rather us lose while trying to kill a Werewolf than lose by killing a suicidal Tanner.

• Love 1

a1, I threw a vote out for Silver because *I* am the Robber, and I have to add that I was much more attractive as the Troublemaker.

That aside, I'm going to also say that I didn't rob anyone last night.

• Love 2

A1 you swapped me for CP so CP is now the mason. 

Mark knows I was the Mason with him.  

I don't know what I am - only CP could tell me. 

Dougal - I had the same thought and said it way back the only role to safely false claim is a multiple role and you wouldn't claim werewolf or mason so vanilla town is the one to claim. 

We should have two VT and as Drogo said, he claimed his right out of the gate and the person who lags is waiting to see what is safe to claim.   

Dougal straggled in quite late to say he was VT.  

2 vote for Dougal (SilverStormm, Oinky Boinky)

• Love 2

I will say that A1 did not switch me.  I know exactly who I am.

2 vote for Athena (Drogo, CuriousParker)

I like Drogo's logic so far (unless they are the wolf of course) because I do not trust a couple of players, namely CP  one. She keeps turning things back on me and notably being the only left to do so. This makes me think she fears me knowing who I am and makes me suspect she's the wolf I'm after.

• Love 2