Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E02: Five Generations of Teen Parents

• Start Topic

19 minutes ago, Chris Knight said:

I also thought she miscarried at 5 months.

Hmm.  I really thought I heard that she passed the pregnancy, but they couldn't determine how far along she was.  Does anyone else remember this?

ETA:  Reading back through the prior posts, I see that Scarlett also remembers that they couldn't determine how far along she was.

Edited by Honey
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Honey said:

Hmm.  I really thought I heard that she passed the pregnancy, but they couldn't determine how far along she was.  Does anyone else remember this?

ETA:  Reading back through the prior posts, I see that Scarlett also remembers that they couldn't determine how far along she was.

Can't recall on the m/c, but I thought she said she found out she was pregnant the second time at 5 months.

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 4

I think in our area, if the courts knew a 15 year old was co-habiting with her boy friend with her mother's approval, that child would be removed from the home. A pregnant 15 year old would be investigated by family services at the very least.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Honey said:

Not sure where you're getting that her miscarriage happened at five months.  They said that the age of her lost pregnancy couldn't be determined.  I won't label it as an embryo or fetus, since we don't know the age of the developing baby.

Yes you’re right @Honey, she miscarried a previous pregnancy and they could not determine the fetal age- she was not 20 weeks along at that time. She was likely in the first trimester since they couldn’t tell from fetal remains how far along she was.

I think she isn’t very articulate and constantly said “5 months....pregnant....5 months....miscarriage” and it was misinterpreted that her first miscarriage was around 20 weeks. 

2 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

Can't recall on the m/c, but I thought she said she found out she was pregnant the second time at 5 months.

Yup. Which is bullshit. She knew she was pregnant!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Scarlett45 said:

Yeah I think so too. She just told them at 5 months, is what she meant to say. Maybe she was nervous about telling her mom given her younger sister was already having a baby. Although, I'm not quite sure the nervousness was warranted, what with this family so accepting of their multi generational teen pregnancies. She's just another in a long line that will no doubt continue.

• Love 5
On 8/11/2019 at 10:04 PM, Inga said:

Omg yes! I’m 40 and i feel like i look 20 compared to them! Tyra’s mom is 38!!!! And her sister is 34 i think but she looks like she’s 20 years older! 

I thought the sister looked pretty decent, although most definitely older than 34. Now Tyra's mom..... wow. I mean she's had to have a history or current relationship with Meth right??? Isn't it meth that ages you like 40 years? 

I need Haley to have this baby so she can get rid of that sourpuss face we are seeing constantly.  No wonder Matthew cheated on her, she looks like it's complete torture to be with her and Matthew seems to be pretty happy go lucky - but yes, definitely high. 

I found it weird that Chloe said even Matt's dad couldn't talk to her family. like wtf - what ever happened to just being cordial? His dad didn't do anything and seems that usually his dad has a similar opinion as her parents but he's not going to abandon his kid. 

• Love 4

Jessica is acting like a child. Who over the age of 15 behaves like this? "Don't speak to me!" If you can't be arsed to be an adult and be cordial for a few hours you need to take a good hard look at yourself. Jesus Christ. Everyone on planet Earth knows you don't like them. But be a grown up.

• Love 9
On ‎8‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 10:35 AM, Scarlett45 said:

I think Chloe is the brightest and nicest gal in this series but I will never understand this “I feel alone.”, when you’re living in someone else’s house, eating their food, using their internet, bathing yourself with their water and they are paying for your baby’s day care. How do you feel alone?!!!!!

I think she is misunderstanding her own feelings, I don't think it is loneliness, it is more FOMO, fear of missing out.  Teenagers always want to be out and about with their friends!  I remember never wanting to be home, and always running out to hang out with my friends in high school.  I had a great home life, but it is just what high school kids like to do.  She's not lonely, she is just BORED!

On ‎8‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 9:13 PM, Brooklynista said:

I see why Ava is has pink eye. Her dad has cooties. Is Chloe kissing him with those cold sores all over his lips? They shouldn't let him anywhere near that baby.

Uuugh and Chloe was holding Ava and then RUBBING HER OWN EYES!  Does she not realize how contagious pink eye is??  I was like nooooo!

On ‎8‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 9:20 PM, Inga said:

Holy crap, what happened to Shannon? 

She has somehow gotten grosser (is that a word?)!

On ‎8‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 10:03 PM, ghoulina said:

I cannot keep all the T girls straight. Sisters, cousins, aunts, 5 generations in one room. 

And why is Tanya gonna act all strict and proper about him staying over now when she literally let him sleep in her daughter's bed. 

I can't keep the T girls straight either, or the boyfriends, or the moms... It is actually annoying me.

Right - why is the mom acting strict and proper now?  Let them sleep together.  The horse has left the barn!  As wise sage Jenelle said on her 16 & Pregnant episode:

"Mom, guess what? Nothing else worse can happen."

23 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

At one point he asked if the perineum were to tear, wouldn't there be just one great big hole down there, which is a good question, as tearing and holes do happen and they can be life-threatening.  Specifically, I'm speaking about a fistula.  Many women in the third world suffer from it, and many die because the odor is so bad they are cast out of their villages.  If I know this and I'm not in the medical field by any stretch, why couldn't the teacher explain it more?  

OH MY GOD!

15 hours ago, Honey said:

That's what Trashley does, and her net worth is several hundred thousand dollars!  Could all of that possibly have come from being an influencer?

Trashley?  

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, winsomeone said:

I think in our area, if the courts knew a 15 year old was co-habiting with her boy friend with her mother's approval, that child would be removed from the home. A pregnant 15 year old would be investigated by family services at the very least.

Nerd and rebel that I was in high school...My mom used to allow my teen boyfriend to spend the night and sleep in my bed with me because she "trusted" me. Our passionate cosleeping nights were spent...

Reading our favorite novels aloud to each other and then putting on a CD to fall asleep to. His favorite was The Muppets. It's been 20 years but sometimes I still get Cookie Monster's "C is for cookie, that's good enough for me" stuck in my head. 

You can bet, though, that had my mother walked in on us fooling around even once then he'd have been sent away with a "don't let the door slam you in the ass on the way out" while she waited a few hours to drum up a horrible or embarrassing penance for me. 

• LOL 3
7 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

Nerd and rebel that I was in high school...My mom used to allow my teen boyfriend to spend the night and sleep in my bed with me because she "trusted" me. Our passionate cosleeping nights were spent...

Reading our favorite novels aloud to each other and then putting on a CD to fall asleep to. His favorite was The Muppets. It's been 20 years but sometimes I still get Cookie Monster's "C is for cookie, that's good enough for me" stuck in my head. 

You can bet, though, that had my mother walked in on us fooling around even once then he'd have been sent away with a "don't let the door slam you in the ass on the way out" while she waited a few hours to drum up a horrible or embarrassing penance for me. 

I had a boyfriend that lived out of town and my parents let him stay over at least once that i can remember - it was maybe for a school event, like a dance. Our rooms were no where close to each other in the house, no sneaking around.  In the morning I went down and was laying in the bed ON TOP of the covers, he was still under them. My mom came down and saw us and told me to come up stairs for a minute. I was then given a lecture that we do not need to be in the same bed together.  Noted! 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

@heatherchandler ah thank you for explaining. Being bored makes perfect sense. Plenty of fully grown adult mature women who wanted to be mothers are bored by infants, I can understand her being bored. But not everything in life is entertaining! There’s “work time” and “leisure time”. 

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Honey said:

2 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

Yes you’re right @Honey, she miscarried a previous pregnancy and they could not determine the fetal age- she was not 20 weeks along at that time. She was likely in the first trimester since they couldn’t tell from fetal remains how far along she was.

I think she isn’t very articulate and constantly said “5 months....pregnant....5 months....miscarriage” and it was misinterpreted that her first miscarriage was around 20 weeks. 

It appears that I was wrong, and the miscarriage didn't happen at five months.  Thanks for pointing that out, and I guess I should apologize to the whole thread for misstating the circumstances more than once, and that I will pay more attention going forward.  I blame stupidity.

It doesn't change my opinion about the situation, but I gotta own that I got a fact wrong.

It's like the saying goes, you're entitled to your own opinion, but not your own facts!

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
20 minutes ago, LibertarianSlut said:

It appears that I was wrong, and the miscarriage didn't happen at five months.  Thanks for pointing that out, and I guess I should apologize to the whole thread for misstating the circumstances more than once, and that I will pay more attention going forward.  I blame stupidity.

It doesn't change my opinion about the situation, but I gotta own that I got a fact wrong.

It's like the saying goes, you're entitled to your own opinion, but not your own facts!

No big deal! We all miss things. I definitely agree with you that Tyra was irresponsible and in denial. She KNEW she was pregnant way before she “found out”. It likely got to a point baggy sweaters weren’t hiding her stomach any more and she faked having to go to the doctor because she “didn’t feel well”😳. She knew she was pregnant and didn’t want to deal, and didn’t get serious about contraception knowing she had been pregnant before. 

Ummmmhmmmm. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

Lol.  There's no reason to apologize.  It's happened to us all at one time or another.

I also think that she knew she was pregnant the 2nd time, way before she told anyone about it.  Once you've been pregnant, you know the signs the 2nd time.  Maybe she was hoping she would miscarry again, and when that didn't happen, she finally had to admit that she was pregnant.

Edited by Honey
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

I think she is misunderstanding her own feelings, I don't think it is loneliness, it is more FOMO, fear of missing out.  Teenagers always want to be out and about with their friends!  I remember never wanting to be home, and always running out to hang out with my friends in high school.  I had a great home life, but it is just what high school kids like to do.  She's not lonely, she is just BORED!

Uuugh and Chloe was holding Ava and then RUBBING HER OWN EYES!  Does she not realize how contagious pink eye is??  I was like nooooo!

She has somehow gotten grosser (is that a word?)!

I can't keep the T girls straight either, or the boyfriends, or the moms... It is actually annoying me.

Right - why is the mom acting strict and proper now?  Let them sleep together.  The horse has left the barn!  As wise sage Jenelle said on her 16 & Pregnant episode:

"Mom, guess what? Nothing else worse can happen."

OH MY GOD!

Trashley?  

Ashley, as in Ashley and Jay from 90 Day Fiance: Happily Ever After.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, Dmarie019 said:

I thought the sister looked pretty decent, although most definitely older than 34. Now Tyra's mom..... wow. I mean she's had to have a history or current relationship with Meth right??? Isn't it meth that ages you like 40 years? 

I found it weird that Chloe said even Matt's dad couldn't talk to her family. like wtf - what ever happened to just being cordial? His dad didn't do anything and seems that usually his dad has a similar opinion as her parents but he's not going to abandon his kid. 

Lol, yes, I totally meant that the 38 year old mom looks like she’s 20 years older than the 34 year old sister.  Tyra’s mom is definitely self medicating with oxys or something.

In my opinion, Max’s dad is just as gross as Max!

• Love 1

I dont understand why Jessica is making the decisions about Avas baptism - it is not her baby or her baptism.  Really in all reality the parents of the child should be the ones deciding who is in attendance NOT the grandmother.  I wonder if Jessica or Chloe would attend some event where they were told not to look at or speak to a majority of guests there? 

Also I am wondering if Max is still attending school or did he graduate?  Does Chloe work? Plan on working? What rules do they have for her other than No Max rule?  

I also think Jessica has NOT let Chloe parent her baby alone one bit- she is a control freak and it shows with Chloes dependency on her with regards to Ava. But then again Chloe does not seem that smart - not one bit so than Max.

Why doesnt Chloe have what it takes to assert her choice and or decisions regarding HER daughter? 

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, Witchz said:

I dont understand why Jessica is making the decisions about Avas baptism - it is not her baby or her baptism.  Really in all reality the parents of the child should be the ones deciding who is in attendance NOT the grandmother.  I wonder if Jessica or Chloe would attend some event where they were told not to look at or speak to a majority of guests there?

To be fair the parents are probably paying for the whole thing. There's usually the expense of a 'gift' for use of the church & one for the pastor. Jessica also may have bought the baby's dress, etc. It seems like their family does get togethers so there's probably a party of some sort after that will cost something to put together. Chloe is probably not paying for anything, or not much, for this.

That said though, Jessica needs to be able to deal with the other side of the family for the service or just don't invite them. If she can't, Max & his father could see the baby some time afterward. And I'm assuming it's just Max & his father, & no grandparents etc. If they have some family they can have a separate get together; divorced couples have to do this for events, birthdays etc. For Jessica to say they can come if Chloe wants them there then worry her with possible problems if someone even looks their way is immature & stupid, but that's Jessica from what I've seen thus far of her behavior.

• Love 7

McKayla is such a brat. She is mad because Caelen (sp?) isn't around because he is working. I could see her being mad if he was out farting around, but the guy is at work. She's be bitching if he wasn't supporting her financially. I don't understand why they all make such a big effing deal about the dad going to doctor's appointments. I realize I am of another generation than thses fools, but my husband came with me to a grand total of two dr visits, one for each child, mainly so the doctor would recognize him in the delivery room. And what is so imperative that the dad needs to be there every month/week? They take your blood pressure, weigh you, listen to the heartbeat and late in the pregnacy, stick their fingers up your v jay jay. I don't attend my husbands prostate exam, I don't see why he needs to see me get my insides touched.  

Edited by poeticlicensed
  • LOL 2
  • Love 11

We called it a christening (catholic).  My Mom insisted that my daughter be christened even though I'm atheist.  Anyhoo, they call it a baptism, the terms are interchangeable though, am I right?  Is it a regional thing? We're in upstate NY (Adirondacks).

• Love 1
1 hour ago, gonecrackers said:

Christening is definitely Catholic; I believe you're right about the term baptism.

I am Lutheran and I refer to it as both.  

On 8/13/2019 at 12:33 PM, mamadrama said:

It's been 20 years but sometimes I still get Cookie Monster's "C is for cookie, that's good enough for me" stuck in my head. 

Thank you for putting that song into my head!!!  I mean C is for cookie, after all.  

Now I want a cookie.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

About the baptism and christening - I am going to agree with other posters and say it is the same thing. 

McKayla is more than a brat- she is a monster. Her grandparents and her mother are doing her no favors either - I love how they all say Calean(?) is not ready to be a father or that he isnt there for Mckayla and doesnt care but fail to have any receipts to back up what they are saying. 

Its clear to everyone watching that McKayla is a ungrateful, lazy entitled little girl who thinks she is gracing the whole world with her presence and Calean failed to honor her by being her always wrong servant. 

He needs to get on with his life and maybe with his children one day so they might have a chance and then never look back in her direction. If he is wondering what she will be like or doing just look at Shannon - and you can see McKaylas future self. 

I wish they would feature more of Calean(?) than her in their segments - I cant imagine anyone wants to watch her with the amount of pure anger and disgust she has to make everyone feel. 

• Love 8
On 8/12/2019 at 12:43 PM, LibertarianSlut said:

These two-Haley and her mom--are such a good example of a parent who is so afraid to be disliked by their kid that they go overboard and allow everything.  Kids need boundaries.  That's a huge way to show love and make the kid feel safe.  I do wonder if the PTSD fits in there somewhere.  Haley and Matthew were talking about how one of Haley's mom's boyfriends either walked in on them when they were having oral sex 

I have no words for this group.  You wait on your pregnant daughter and drop off the two of them for "date night"?  Mmmmmmkay......He goofs around at a CLASS taught by PROFESSIONALS and knocks over a table?  And HIS sperm are the strongest swimmers?

Caelen, get a divorce, get primary custody, get a vasectomy and get the dogs to a shelter.  She doesn't want to live there with you as living with Enabling Gramma and Grandpa means she get to film herself while others do the actual raising of YOUR children.  She had the (sort of) life I had when I had two kids close together - I got up, bathed, got them up, fed them, bathed them, played, lunch, nap, snack, playtime, cook dinner oh wait then I went to work from 6-10 in the evenings, M-F.  It is called.....wait for it......motherhood!!!  Hubby put them to bed in the evenings.  We lived.  It is what you do and I NEVER got a massage, lol.  Did we go to my moms?  Sure!  But for an hour or so, not MOVE IN because I "needed help" - you chose this, Princess, welcome to being an adult.

Max and Chloe:  no words, he is psychopath.  I agree with poster upthread that Ava is not that cute as she looks like Max - so there ya go.

I still can't process the Kentucky Fertility Band.  (Hey, is that our band name???)

I agree with the poster who said please stop with the "diapers are so gross!!"  Babies poop.  It is like, 90 seconds and you are done.  "No one wants to touch other people's urine or poop."  I maybe got a smidge on me here or there, but they can't help it.  Why are you touching it?   Look, I am a sped teacher and I routinely change kids that are in grades K-6 with diapers - does not bother me a bit.  Wear latex free gloves if it bugs you that much, lol!!!

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • Love 4
12 hours ago, Witchz said:

McKayla is more than a brat- she is a monster. Her grandparents and her mother are doing her no favors either - I love how they all say Calean(?) is not ready to be a father or that he isnt there for Mckayla and doesnt care but fail to have any receipts to back up what they are saying. 

Its clear to everyone watching that McKayla is a ungrateful, lazy entitled little girl who thinks she is gracing the whole world with her presence and Calean failed to honor her by being her always wrong servant. 

The masseuse looked pissed that she booked a couples massage and shows up alone. I guess she thought she was at the chiropractor telling the lady to work on her hips. I hope she was charged for 2 massages.

I immediately hated her for dropping 3 dogs off at her boyfriends/husband?

• Love 6
12 hours ago, Witchz said:

He needs to get on with his life and maybe with his children one day so they might have a chance and then never look back in her direction. If he is wondering what she will be like or doing just look at Shannon - and you can see McKaylas future self. 

I feel bad for Caelen, he is doing his best. McKayla is facing the cold hard truth about having a baby as a teenager. Guess what? Its not just playing house with your cute boyfriend and adorable baby who never cries or has needs of any kind! Its work and its the drudgery of laundry and mopping floors and feeding and changing and playing with your baby. Its bills that need to be paid. Its being tired but having to give your baby his bath and read him a story. Its ear infections and diaper rash. Its real life. Being home all day with a baby is boring, a lot of the time. Its lonely. Once they're mobile, look out. Its constant vigilance. Not an instagram story.

In a very short time, too, McKayla is not going to be a pretty young mother with a cute baby. She will be a frowzy, unshowered, shrieky woman, in yesterday's clothes, dragging a dirty faced toddler and a whiny baby through Walmart, muttering threats of dire punishment through gritted teeth. The bloom is going to go off that rose very quickly.

9 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I have no words for this group.  You wait on your pregnant daughter and drop off the two of them for "date night"?  Mmmmmmkay......He goofs around at a CLASS taught by PROFESSIONALS and knocks over a table?  And HIS sperm are the strongest swimmers?

I agree with the poster who said please stop with the "diapers are so gross!!"  Babies poop.  It is like, 90 seconds and you are done.  "No one wants to touch other people's urine or poop."  I maybe got a smidge on me here or there, but they can't help it.  Why are you touching it?   Look, I am a sped teacher and I routinely change kids that are in grades K-6 with diapers - does not bother me a bit.  Wear latex free gloves if it bugs you that much, lol!!!

Matthew fancies himself a real comedian, doesn't he? I bet he's that kid who sits in the back of the class and cracks up his crew at school. His teachers must hate him.

I'm the one who's sick of the "ew, diapers!" narrative. You'd think changing diapers was as hard as splitting the atom and as degrading and dirty as sorting through the garbage at a fish gutting plant. My god. It takes under a minute. Its a baby. A human baby, not a baby elephant. So the amount of poop is well under a bushel basket full. Its what you do. 90% of the time its routine and uneventful. Jesus Christ what a bunch of wimps.

• Love 19
24 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I feel bad for Caelen, he is doing his best. McKayla is facing the cold hard truth about having a baby as a teenager. Guess what? Its not just playing house with your cute boyfriend and adorable baby who never cries or has needs of any kind! Its work and its the drudgery of laundry and mopping floors and feeding and changing and playing with your baby. Its bills that need to be paid. Its being tired but having to give your baby his bath and read him a story. Its ear infections and diaper rash. Its real life. Being home all day with a baby is boring, a lot of the time. Its lonely. Once they're mobile, look out. Its constant vigilance. Not an instagram story.

In a very short time, too, McKayla is not going to be a pretty young mother with a cute baby. She will be a frowzy, unshowered, shrieky woman, in yesterday's clothes, dragging a dirty faced toddler and a whiny baby through Walmart, muttering threats of dire punishment through gritted teeth. The bloom is going to go off that rose very quickly.

Matthew fancies himself a real comedian, doesn't he? I bet he's that kid who sits in the back of the class and cracks up his crew at school. His teachers must hate him.

I'm the one who's sick of the "ew, diapers!" narrative. You'd think changing diapers was as hard as splitting the atom and as degrading and dirty as sorting through the garbage at a fish gutting plant. My god. It takes under a minute. Its a baby. A human baby, not a baby elephant. So the amount of poop is well under a bushel basket full. Its what you do. 90% of the time its routine and uneventful. Jesus Christ what a bunch of wimps.

Yes, this!  It is a human baby, not an elephant baby.  It is s human baby that YOU made.  It bugs me like over in 90 Day:  Deavan and Jihoon making such a production over changing a newborn's diaper.  That should take, max, one minute.  Not three to five minutes of "Oops, is this right?  Wait, I think the diaper is upside down!" or whatever else.

@Pepper Mostly you were spot on in describing the life of a SAHM.  McKayla has a life many women older than her DREAM of but nope, she needs to talk about her life on IG or Youtube or whatever.   It was hard to watch Caelen in tears, saying, "She is not ready for a second baby" which is the truth, mind you - and her spitting it back at him "I am NOT bad mother!!"  He never said that, he was only telling the truth.  I don't even watch this show on the regular but I may hate McKayla as much as I hate Ronald and Tiffany in 90 Day, lol!

• Love 10
11 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I grew up in a home with people with both severe mental and physical disabilities. I’ve been changing adult sized diapers since I was about 10 years old. I don’t get it AT ALL. From those that know me from other boards, you know my sister is 31 and still in diapers, I acknowledge that my “normal” may be different than other people, but from what I’ve seen on other shows (like My 600lbs life) many people have NO IDEA what it’s like to be a caregiver at all and are oddly stressed about bathing, dressing and toileting other people. 

Its a damn baby people need to calm down. Everyone urinates and defecates. 

• Love 5
41 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

I grew up in a home with people with both severe mental and physical disabilities. I’ve been changing adult sized diapers since I was about 10 years old. I don’t get it AT ALL. From those that know me from other boards, you know my sister is 31 and still in diapers, I acknowledge that my “normal” may be different than other people, but from what I’ve seen on other shows (like My 600lbs life) many people have NO IDEA what it’s like to be a caregiver at all and are oddly stressed about bathing, dressing and toileting other people. 

Its a damn baby people need to calm down. Everyone urinates and defecates. 

Same; with more than one of my older special needs kids. Moaning & groaning over a baby diaper is ridiculous to me, but then that's because of my own experiences. I understand a lot of people find it disgusting to deal with someone's crap, but there are those with disabilities, people who get injured/sick,  & seniors who may need help with personal care. I wish more people could be understanding about such things, because those same people may need the help someday as well & need that understanding.

• Love 9
9 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

Same; with more than one of my older special needs kids. Moaning & groaning over a baby diaper is ridiculous to me, but then that's because of my own experiences. I understand a lot of people find it disgusting to deal with someone's crap, but there are those with disabilities, people who get injured/sick,  & seniors who may need help with personal care. I wish more people could be understanding about such things, because those same people may need the help someday as well & need that understanding.

Yes! We are all human. Further more this is THEIR baby. If you think diapers and baths are the hardest part of parenthood you have another thing coming. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I feel bad for Caelen, he is doing his best.

I need more evidence.  We know he has a job, but what he's doing when he gets home from work is too vague for me, at this point.  If he stays up until the middle of the night playing video games, and is too tired to help out when he gets home from work because of it, then he needs to adjust his priorities. 

The picture you painted of staying home with a baby sounds like a lot of work, and if it's the equivalent of his eight hours on the job that day, I don't think it's unreasonable of McKayla to want him to help out when he gets home.  I don't remember seeing that happen.

Needless to say--I'm not defending McKayla.  But I know how storylines go on these shows.  I' want to know what he does for a living, what his hours are like, and what he does during his non-work time before deciding he's doing his best for his family.

• Love 9

Someone on another board who suffers through watches McKayla's YT reported she is in college & going to nursing school.

She was getting torn up by almost everyone there, but IMO if she's actually doing something that gives her a future more power to her - very good news.

Honestly, though, I can see her being a cranky nurse who is always complaining.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
On 8/13/2019 at 6:28 AM, Honey said:

I just watched it On Demand (you are welcome everyone) and her own words were:  "I passed the baby" and she stated no one could tell how far along she was as she waited too long to go to the hospital.  I would assume the closest way to tell would be to go by the date of her last period but if she can't handle taking a pill every day I doubt she would be writing that stuff down.  She could have taken that as a sign of "Oh geez I better get my act together" but no, she keeps plowing through and oh my gosh how did this happen I am pregnant again!

Per Calean:  Look, the way I played it (and this was just me) was, as a SAHM I do all the cooking, cleaning and laundry, that was my job.  Hubby goes to work for 8 hours a day, that was his job.  We both participated in the rearing of our kids, that was our job as parents.  If McKayla is expecting Caelan to mop the floors and dust the tables, that, to me, is unfair.  To give little Tim Tim a bath and put him to bed, that is fair.   If (and this is if) McKayla is pissed that Caelen is gaming while Timmy is up, that is fair.  For McKayla to be vlogging, youtubing, whatever you call it while Timmy is awake, that is equally unfair and makes her a hypocrite.  And last season we saw her doing that, he busted in on her when she was making a video.

Plus I have a special rage for moms of boys (yes I am biased as I have two sons) who call them "crazy" because they are, I dunno, active?  Then her quote of the day:  "I think he does it for attention."  YA THINK?  Get off your damn phone, stop making youtube videos and PLAY WITH YOUR KID.

I hope Cindy, Grandpa Tim and McKayla are all super happy together, they all deserve each other.  Cindy:  "He has got to step up"  How?  Does he have a side piece?  Does she smoke weed or lay back a six pack each night?  Look, if playing video games after Timmy goes to sleep is his thing, and does not interfere with his job, KEEP YOUR BEEKS OUT OF IT.  

• Love 13
On 8/13/2019 at 4:06 PM, Honey said:

Lol.  There's no reason to apologize.  It's happened to us all at one time or another.

Yeah, I went through something similar (kind of) when I took credit, in error, for calling Nicole of 90 Day Fiance "Baby Beluga."  I truly thought it was me, as I call her that in real life.  (Please no judging that I discuss her in my real life, or that when in Bradenton I actually would look around for her in shops at times!)  A poster politely PM'd me and corrected it.  Had to own it!!  It was an honest mistake.  It happens.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
On 8/14/2019 at 2:48 PM, Honey said:

We called it a christening (catholic).  My Mom insisted that my daughter be christened even though I'm atheist.  Anyhoo, they call it a baptism, the terms are interchangeable though, am I right?  Is it a regional thing? We're in upstate NY (Adirondacks).

They are actually different depending on your brand of Christianity. I grew up Baptist. A christening is held a few months after the baby is born. It's basically a blessing of the baby and a pledge of the parents to raise the child in the church. A baptism takes place any time later when the child (or adult - it's an individual choice) decides for themself to accept Jesus in their heart and become a full member of the church. Certain sacraments, most notably communion, are reserved for baptized believers. 

Anyway, Jessica should be more mature about the whole thing, but her money, her rules. 

• Love 4
On 8/13/2019 at 7:59 AM, winsomeone said:

I think that was in Kentucky, so probably not an issue there.

The family that had five generations of folks there at the shower was the saddest thing I have ever seen and it explained so much.  There are many who criticize ‘welfare moms’ and such, but we really don’t realize just how engrained it is in some families.  Not to mention kids who grew up without parents.  This show is just incredibly sad with respect to the breakdown of the family unit.

• Love 5
On 8/14/2019 at 10:13 AM, Witchz said:

Why doesnt Chloe have what it takes to assert her choice and or decisions regarding HER daughter? 

Because Chloe is 16 and living in her parents’ home at no charge.  Chloe should be contributing.  Max should be contributing.  Neither is doing anything except whinging about how hard it is, how mean the parents are, yadda, yadda, yadda.  Chloe hasn’t shown the best judgement and her parents are late to the party, but finally putting some controls on the situation.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

The mother who not only let her teen daughter's boyfriend spend the night but spend the night in her bed is a complete idiot.  Now she wants to act all parent-like.  The five generations of teen moms is mind blowing.   

• Love 3