Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E02: Five Generations of Teen Parents

• Start Topic

Airs August 11, 2019

Chloe has to miss school because Ava has pink eye; Tyra worries she's losing friends because of her pregnancy; Hailey finally meets Matthew's sister at a birthing class gone awry; McKayla and Caelan have an argument they might not come back from.

I think Chloe is the brightest and nicest gal in this series but I will never understand this “I feel alone.”, when you’re living in someone else’s house, eating their food, using their internet, bathing yourself with their water and they are paying for your baby’s day care. How do you feel alone?!!!!!

And she acknowledged that she has a huge support system and she’s grateful (which she should, but I’m pointing out that she’s a girl of character), so how do you feel alone?? You are far from alone. 

Tyra and her boyfriend (he is a nice looking boy) seem to be decent kids. I do feel for Tyra with 1. Not wanting to beg her Dad to be in her life and 2. Being a social outcast in her friend group. Tyra isn’t the brightest, I fully believe she knew she was pregnant for a long time and just was too cowardly to tell anyone**, but she’s not a morally corrupt person. She wants love and friends like anyone else and that has to hurt to be treated that way by people who claimed to care about you.

** I am acknowledging that there are many cases where young/teen girls hide pregnancies because there is abuse or neglect in their home, or they are afraid of their rapist etc. that happens far to often and my heart breaks for them, but this was CLEARLY not that type of situation. 

• Love 9

I don’t think Calean is a bad guy, I don’t think he was trashing McKayla but if he knew she (and he) were not ready for another baby he should’ve wrapped it up! I do think Calean wants to do his part, and McKayla is more immature than he (all these girls are so emotionally needy omg!!!), and she wants someone looking at her, telling her how wonderful she is all the time (while he is at work keeping a roof over their head) but she’s not changing. They don’t need to be together. He needs to get a lawyer, and have strong visitation rights while paying child support. Given how much of a damn baby McKayla is, when the grandparents are older and if they get sicker she many drop the kids (and any others she has by then) off on other people. But Caelean cannot make her grow up, he can only control himself. 

Damn we need a long term contraceptive for men (condoms should be used too of course). There’s a market for it but not a big enough one to make it profitable for drug companies yet, and men don’t like the side effects (for women we always consider the side effect of being pregnant!). 

• Love 10

Chloe is very lucky to have her family. Very lucky. They provide her a level of care and comfort that many teen moms don't get. 

Max, you stole from your friend's grandma. No one in their right mind is going to let you be in their house. Once a thief, always a thief. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
2 minutes ago, Inga said:

Holy crap, what happened to Shannon? 

Hmmm, I have no idea but I can not stand Shannon

12 minutes ago, Ivylady said:

Chloe is very lucky to have her family. Very lucky. They provide her a level of care and comfort that many teen moms don't get. 

Max, you stole from your friend's grandma. No one in their right mind is going to let you be in their house. Once a thief, always a thief. 

I can not stand Max, I do not know what Chloe sees in him

• Love 8
1 minute ago, DVDFreaker said:

Hmmm, I have no idea but I can not stand Shannon

I can not stand Max, I do not know what Chloe sees in him

Shannon looks like her face exploded since last season and i cannot stand Max either.  He is the creepiest looking troll i have ever seen.

• Love 10
1 minute ago, Inga said:

Shannon looks like her face exploded since last season and i cannot stand Max either.  He is the creepiest looking troll i have ever seen.

Shannon probably ate too much and I totally agree what you said about Max! 

• Love 2

Let me see if I understand this.  Hailey's mom, Tanya, allowed Matthew to "spend the night" with her daughter and then she was surprised when she got pregnant?! 

Edited by Adeejay
  • LOL 3
  • Love 6
11 minutes ago, BallisticNikki said:

Does anyone think that Shannon got a full set of Dentures? She's holding her mouth funny.

Yup, I thought the same! 

12 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

Let me see if I understand this.  Hailey's mom, Tanya, allowed Matthew to "spend the night" with her and then she was surprised when her daughter got pregnant?! 

Tayna is not very smart 

• Love 4

Woe is Chloe, having to miss school & make up her test- as she sits in her parent’s lovely home with all amenities & a healthy child not having to worry about paying any bills or where her next meal is coming from... 

Caelen can’t deal with his whiny baby- mama long enough to attend his child’s ultrasound. McKayla is so annoying he avoids his own children - time for a breakup & custody arrangement- but that would require he actually spend time with his kids - such a conundrum for him.

The kid who spent the childbirth class with his sister is all kinds of fucked up.

Five generations of teen parents - no doubt the legacy will live on. ☹️

• Love 9
Just now, BallisticNikki said:

Really strange because last season she had her own teeth, minus 1 missing on the side. I wonder how she went from having teeth to wearing dentures in just one year.

She probably went back to doing drugs

3 minutes ago, DVDFreaker said:

It can since drugs can severely damage teeth 

They were probably all rotten and she went to a dental school and had a student pull them out for free.

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

The kid who spent the childbirth class with his sister is all kinds of fucked up.

Five generations of teen parents - no doubt the legacy will live on. ☹️

Yes! Was that Matthew rubbing his sister’s back during the childbirth class?  Wtf.

and the 5 generations seemed very proud of themselves.

Edited by Inga
Not Alex, Matthew
  • Love 8

McKayla and Caelan are too immature to be together. Neither one of them are happy. Those poor babies. 

Did I mention that I hate Max? Because I hate Max. 

Also, these grandparents are my age and they look terrible. 

• Love 9

I cannot keep all the T girls straight. Sisters, cousins, aunts, 5 generations in one room. Yikes. 

And same on Alex's side? His story reminds me of McKayla's. His grandma raised him. But he's never told her that he loves her? Wtf?

Matthew may be one of the dumbest kids we've seen on this show. Post traumatic down syndrome????

And why is Tanya gonna act all strict and proper about him staying over now when she literally let him sleep in her daughter's bed. 

His relationship with his sister is weird. Why does she need to come to birth class? And he picks her for a partner? I'd be pissed too. 

But Haleigh is kind of a bitch to her mom. I guess that's what you get when you try to be your kid's friend? 

McKayla is just like Leah from TM2. She wants to be taken care of, but she somehow expects her boyfriend to be there constantly to help her out and pay attention to her. She's a little best. And Caelen was right that she can't take care of her kids. Her grandparents do it! 

And then there's Chloe. She acts SO overwhelmed to be taking care of her baby. But she has is so good! 

I totally understand why her parents won't let Max come over. And I think it's cool that they're like, "It's your kid's baptism; invite who you want." But I think this is more of Jessica's trademark gaslighting. She's coming across as the benevolent one, but making demands that no one SPEAK to her family. Like a "hello" would kill you. She's setting it up for failure. I see you, girl. 

• Love 11
1 minute ago, Ivylady said:

Also, these grandparents are my age and they look terrible. 

Omg yes! I’m 40 and i feel like i look 20 compared to them! Tyra’s mom is 38!!!! And her sister is 34 i think but she looks like she’s 20 years older! 

• Love 10

Matthew and his sister - what the hell is going on there  ?!?!

Team Caelan here. McKayla doesn't know how good she has it. She has a hardworking guy who comes home every night (I assume) and would probably love her if she wasn't such a lazy psycho immature loser. 

The girl who was on last week, missed this week, but was shown in the preview for next week- she looks 45 not 16.

• Love 11
14 hours ago, Chris Knight said:

Team Caelan here. McKayla doesn't know how good she has it. She has a hardworking guy who comes home every night (I assume) and would probably love her if she wasn't such a lazy psycho immature loser. 

The girl who was on last week, missed this week, but was shown in the preview for next week- she looks 45 not 16.

Caelen broke my heart tonight. Yes, he is way too young and was so stupid to get McKayla pregnant (again), but he sees the writing on the wall. McKayla can't handle Timmy and now a new baby. She can get a massage, have her hair and makeup down and stream her medical appointment, but relies heavily on help. Relationship is doomed and he knows it.

Edited by jacksgirl
McKayla not Kayla
  • Love 19
21 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I don’t think Calean is a bad guy, I don’t think he was trashing McKayla but if he knew she (and he) were not ready for another baby he should’ve wrapped it up! I do think Calean wants to do his part, and McKayla is more immature than he (all these girls are so emotionally needy omg!!!), and she wants someone looking at her, telling her how wonderful she is all the time (while he is at work keeping a roof over their head) but she’s not changing. They don’t need to be together. He needs to get a lawyer, and have strong visitation rights while paying child support. Given how much of a damn baby McKayla is, when the grandparents are older and if they get sicker she many drop the kids (and any others she has by then) off on other people. But Caelean cannot make her grow up, he can only control himself. 

Damn we need a long term contraceptive for men (condoms should be used too of course). There’s a market for it but not a big enough one to make it profitable for drug companies yet, and men don’t like the side effects (for women we always consider the side effect of being pregnant!). 

McKayla couldn't wait to pick a fight with him. She was poised and ready to take exception to anything he said that wasn't "McKayla is an angel on earth and I don't know how she does it-takes care of Timmy, keeps the house spotless, cooks a delicious and nutritious meal for me every day, and still looks so beautiful it breaks my heart". She is such a spoiled, indulged little princess. She says Caelen works long hours. She knows he wants some chill time. Why not try and work with that instead of putting on that sour face and picking fights with him? Why not say "OK, I know you're tired when you get home, how about you rest for half an hour, then give Timmy his bath and put him to bed?" Or something! She recognizes the issues and understands what she's mad about. So why not propose solutions instead of being a whiny nag every day? The real problem is that she is bored and lonely. If she'd try to meet some other young mothers she wouldn't be bored and lonely. But of course she just loves to play the martyr. McKayla. Girl. Women have been home with babies and young kids and been bored out of their skulls forever. Find a way to solve your problems instead of blaming everyone in your orbit for them. 

10 hours ago, BallisticNikki said:

Really strange because last season she had her own teeth, minus 1 missing on the side. I wonder how she went from having teeth to wearing dentures in just one year.

Periodontal problems?

10 hours ago, Chris Knight said:

Matthew is a real prize, amirite? Jesus. Spotty, cowlicked and snaggletooothed. Hailey sure can pick 'em. His sister should have shut that down with a quickness. 

Can we just, for a moment, address the issue of diaper changing? Its not the most pleasant job in the world but these idiots seem to equate it with an 8 hour shift in the sewer. It takes two seconds. Its not forever. Deal. 

• Love 19

I am definitely feeling sorry for Caelan and hope that he can come to a co-parenting arrangement with the brat and her enabling grandparents, She is an entitled, lazy cow, who of course doesn't understand that a person needs to wind down after work. She sucks. He is growing up to be extremely handsome and when he finally gets his act together and meets a normal person who would actually be safe to marry, McKayla is going to rue the day she acted like such an asshat.

The mother who let the boyfriend sleep over every night. What the actual fuck? Some of these people are too trashy for words. And the couple who said they had sex four times a day? 

As for the one who's friends bailed on her shower, well, that's what happens sometimes when you get knocked up in high school and come from a family of five generations of teen moms. The girls' parents probably said, no more hanging out with them,

If I had gotten pregnant in high school and was even allowed to give birth, I don't think my parents would have allowed me to have a fucking baby shower. 

Chloe is an idiot and Max is a deranged asshole. 

• Love 22
1 hour ago, Gingi1976 said:

Three episodes in and I’m still waiting for someone from Makayla’s family to explain what *exactly* Caelan is doing that they don’t like. Because if he wasn’t working to pay bills and provide a house for his kids they’d complain about that too.

We'll likely never know because he isn't doing anything truly wrong. Just a vague, he isn't there for meeeeeeee. I'm so lonelyyyyyyyy. And then her idiot family will back her up, including Shannon who literally has no business having a negative opinion on someone who WANTS to take care of their kids.

1 hour ago, politichick said:

The mother who let the boyfriend sleep over every night. What the actual fuck? Some of these people are too trashy for words. And the couple who said they had sex four times a day? 

Same couple, IIRC. And honestly, I think the mother should be charged with child abuse for letting that dipshit live with them and sleep in the same bed as her daughter. She KNEW they were going to screw and she condoned it. Then to act like she was so hurt that the girl was pregnant after she'd walked in on them "plenty-a times" (according to the dipshit). PLEASE. I think something is mentally wrong with that woman and her daughter has taken advantage of it. Seems like the mother wants to please the daughter so she lets her do/have whatever she wants. And now she'll be raising that baby because for sure, the two of those idiots (and this isn't even a strong enough word) won't be.

1 hour ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Every last one of these girls whinges and complains that their friends drop them "because I'm pregnant". Honey. No. Its because you do not have anything in common any more. A high school girl who's concerned with schoolwork, social events, dating and hanging out at the Dairy Queen does not have anything to say to a soon to be mother who will be concerned with baby care, and fighting with her baby daddy. You've decided to play fast and loose with birth control, get knocked up, and have the baby. You have made a choice about your life. You're not just a "normal teenager" any more. Start hanging out at the local playground and meeting some other young mothers, because your high school friends are history. 

OMG Dairy Queen sounds so good right now. Lunch? Do you think? 😂

Edited by Soup333
forgot to make idiots plural because unfortunately, there are more than one of them..
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, politichick said:

Same couple. I mean, how was that woman missing THAT much sex going on under her roof? Oh wait, she's not. She's walked in on them several times. SEVERAL. So after the first time, she still allowed the boy in her daughter's room/bed????

• Love 12

Her allowing them to be together in a room like that was at the very least, negligence. And did she even try to get her kid on birth control, or just let them screw away with no care about it?  Geesh how awful. And yeah, they're still living together, under her roof, & she's still walking in on them apparently. I wonder how fun that will be in a few years with a few more kids under her roof... what an idiot.

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 9
12 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

Her allowing them to be together in a room like that was at the very least, negligence. And did she even try to get her kid on birth control, or just let them screw away with no care about it?  Geesh how awful. And yeah, they're still living together, under her roof, & she's still walking in on them apparently. I wonder how fun that will be in a few years with a few more kids under her roof... what an idiot.

There was a brief mention of BC. But they didn't say what kind she was supposedly on, or why it failed. 

Matthew is apparently no longer living with them. Because Tanya is now making some big stand about him only staying over "one to two nights per week." As if it makes a difference at this point? 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
48 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

Matthew is apparently no longer living with them. Because Tanya is now making some big stand about him only staying over "one to two nights per week." As if it makes a difference at this point? 

Well, because everyone knows 1-2x/week isn't nearly enough to ever get pregnant (again, someday). 🙄

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
On 8/11/2019 at 11:35 AM, Scarlett45 said:

Tyra isn’t the brightest, I fully believe she knew she was pregnant for a long time and just was too cowardly to tell anyone**, but she’s not a morally corrupt person.

I have to respectfully disagree.  Tyra was pregnant before, and the fetus died at five months.  It was either outright stated or strongly implied that the cause of death was lack of prenatal care.  She got pregnant again and waited five months to tell anyone.  To me, that is the epitome of moral corruption, or at least moral bankruptcy.

On 8/11/2019 at 12:15 PM, Scarlett45 said:

I don’t think Calean is a bad guy... He needs to get a lawyer, and have strong visitation rights while paying child support.

Or McKayla will have to pay Caelen child support.  Her income from the show is probably higher than his income from the show, plus whatever it is that he gets from "working" (still want to know what the heck he does).

3 hours ago, politichick said:

If I had gotten pregnant in high school and was even allowed to give birth, I don't think my parents would have allowed me to have a fucking baby shower. 

Same here.  A baby shower is completely inappropriate in these settings.  Way to send mixed messages, grown-ups!

2 hours ago, Soup333 said:

And honestly, I think the mother should be charged with child abuse for letting that dipshit live with them and sleep in the same bed as her daughter. She KNEW they were going to screw and she condoned it. Then to act like she was so hurt that the girl was pregnant after she'd walked in on them "plenty-a times" (according to the dipshit). PLEASE. I think something is mentally wrong with that woman and her daughter has taken advantage of it. Seems like the mother wants to please the daughter so she lets her do/have whatever she wants. And now she'll be raising that baby because for sure, the two of those idiots (and this isn't even a strong enough word) won't be.

These two-Haley and her mom--are such a good example of a parent who is so afraid to be disliked by their kid that they go overboard and allow everything.  Kids need boundaries.  That's a huge way to show love and make the kid feel safe.  I do wonder if the PTSD fits in there somewhere.  Haley and Matthew were talking about how one of Haley's mom's boyfriends either walked in on them when they were having oral sex or they walked in on Haley's mom while she was blowing her boyfriend (I was only half-listening; too busy playing War with my husband).  Gee, I wonder how much Haley's mom vets these men that come and stay with her and her underage daughter?  Hmm.

If the birthing class involved Haley's mom having to touch Haley's butt (cause they were partners), then didn't that necessite that Matthew had to touch his sister's butt?  Gee, I wonder who liked that idea...

I know this seems like a nitpick, but I didn't think the birthing class teacher was very supportive.  When Matthew was asking all those questions about the perineum, she seemed be less than forthcoming with anything but the vaguest of answers.  Matthew was asking a million questions, but isn't this the place to ask them?  At one point he asked if the perineum were to tear, wouldn't there be just one great big hole down there, which is a good question, as tearing and holes do happen and they can be life-threatening.  Specifically, I'm speaking about a fistula.  Many women in the third world suffer from it, and many die because the odor is so bad they are cast out of their villages.  If I know this and I'm not in the medical field by any stretch, why couldn't the teacher explain it more?  Explain how it happens, how it's prevented, what doctors can do if there is a huge tear, be prepared with statistics, etc.  One of the reasons I don't have kids (and if I do have a child, it will be with a C-section!) is cause this type of thing is scary, and we need to be educated!  He is a punk kid, but he had great questions.

McKayla's haircut looks like shit.  Did she actually pay someone from a salon to do that?  It looks like her hair was in a ponytail and someone just chopped it off.  Hey McKayla, if you did anything with your time--if you enrolled in beauty school, if you read a book, or if you went on the Internet to do anything other than checking your social media--you would learn about layers.  Live them, love them.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Soup333 said:

OMG Dairy Queen sounds so good right now. Lunch? Do you think? 😂

Oh hell yeah! I've been sick for the last couple of days, a nice cool soft serve sounds perfect!

1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

There was a brief mention of BC. But they didn't say what kind she was supposedly on, or why it failed. 

Hailey was the one who was "so busy with cheer" that she simply could not remember to take a pill every day! I am boggled. Does she remember to brush her teeth? Jesus Christ. 

And yes, her mother is baffling. "I spoil her" she giggles. "She expects me to wait on her hand and foot" she chuckles. Then we see her running back and forth bringing Princess Hailey her snacks. I am face palming so hard. Then she trots out the gem "All mothers have guilt". Um, no they don't. Just shitty ones. 

• Love 10
37 minutes ago, LibertarianSlut said:

I have to respectfully disagree.  Tyra was pregnant before, and the fetus died at five months.  It was either outright stated or strongly implied that the cause of death was lack of prenatal care.  She got pregnant again and waited five months to tell anyone.  To me, that is the epitome of moral corruption, or at least moral bankruptcy.

Forgive me if I’m misremembering- but didn’t they say they could not determine how far along she was or why she miscarried. To me that means it was likely a first trimester miscarriage- if there was clearly formed fetal tissue to examine they would be able to tell the age of the fetus. Many healthy women have miscarriages fora variety of reasons- often due to chromosomal problems with the fetus. Just because the sperm and egg met doesn’t mean it’s compatible with independent life. 

Without more detailed information I would never assume a miscarriage was due to something the woman did or lack of medical care. 

The fact that she got pregnant AGAIN tells me she most certainly knew the symptoms of pregnancy (having been pregnant in the recent past) and didn’t tell anyone cause she was a coward, or ala Hester Pryne in The Scarlett Letter she thought she would miscarry (maybe from cheering which is silly) and then wouldn’t have to tell anyone. 

37 minutes ago, LibertarianSlut said:

Or McKayla will have to pay Caelen child support.  Her income from the show is probably higher than his income from the show, plus whatever it is that he gets from "working" (still want to know what the heck he does).

I don’t think these girls are making a full time income, much less the good Teen Mom or Teen Mom 2 money.  Isn’t it like $1k per episode for these girls?

Of course if Caelean has custody of the kids McKayla should be paying him child support. McKayla is such a whinny baby I wonder how long she will last as the primary caregiver to her kids?

• Love 2
31 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

Of course if Caelean has custody of the kids McKayla should be paying him child support. McKayla is such a whinny baby I wonder how long she will last as the primary caregiver to her kids?

Didn't think of it but what a great idea. I hope Caelen does get a good lawyer and does try for custody and does get McKayla for child support. Not sure what kind of money she makes, she is an Instagram influencer. You could tell when she was at the doctor's appointment she was streaming that and was getting likes and hearts on the screen. What a worthless job although maybe I'm envious that I didn't think of it first.  I be a great Instagram influencer.

Edited by jacksgirl
  • Love 1
22 hours ago, BallisticNikki said:

Wow. And the teeth fall out that fast?

That's sad...Shannon has two little kids...again

Although certain drugs can wreak havoc on teeth, they wouldn't all just fall out within 1 year.  It's more likely that she pissed someone off, and they punched them out.  🙂

Edited by Honey
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Oh hell yeah! I've been sick for the last couple of days, a nice cool soft serve sounds perfect!

Hailey was the one who was "so busy with cheer" that she simply could not remember to take a pill every day! I am boggled. Does she remember to brush her teeth? Jesus Christ. 

And yes, her mother is baffling. "I spoil her" she giggles. "She expects me to wait on her hand and foot" she chuckles. Then we see her running back and forth bringing Princess Hailey her snacks. I am face palming so hard. Then she trots out the gem "All mothers have guilt". Um, no they don't. Just shitty ones. 

Maybe she doesn't remember to brush her teeth.  That could be why they have sex, but don't kiss. 😉

Edited by Honey
  • LOL 9
7 hours ago, jacksgirl said:

Didn't think of it but what a great idea. I hope Caelen does get a good lawyer and does try for custody and does get McKayla for child support. Not sure what kind of money she makes, she is an Instagram influencer. You could tell when she was at the doctor's appointment she was streaming that and was getting likes and hearts on the screen. What a worthless job although maybe I'm envious that I didn't think of it first.  I be a great Instagram influencer.

That's what Trashley does, and her net worth is several hundred thousand dollars!  Could all of that possibly have come from being an influencer?

5 generations??? What in the Sam Hill....

These girls are so clueless, but it's no surprise looking at their mothers. The one basically engineered the blueprint for her daughter to get knocked up by moving the boy in. Duh!! 

You know there's a problem when your great great great great great grandma is still alive and going to Bingo every Tuesday. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 6
8 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

I have to respectfully disagree.  Tyra was pregnant before, and the fetus died at five months.  It was either outright stated or strongly implied that the cause of death was lack of prenatal care.  She got pregnant again and waited five months to tell anyone.  To me, that is the epitome of moral corruption, or at least moral bankruptcy.

A lack of prenatal care wouldn't automatically cause a miscarriage.  What does an OB do in the early months anyway?  Weighs you, maybe prescribes vitamins?  There are plenty of mature women who don't see a doc in the early months, and they aren't considered morally corrupt.  She's a young girl, and she was probably terrified.

• Love 10
25 minutes ago, Honey said:

A lack of prenatal care wouldn't automatically cause a miscarriage.  What does an OB do in the early months anyway?  Weighs you, maybe prescribes vitamins?  There are plenty of mature women who don't see a doc in the early months, and they aren't considered morally corrupt.  She's a young girl, and she was probably terrified.

I never stated lack of prenatal care would definitely cause a miscarriage.  Such a statement would be erroneous, because Tyra didn't miscarry this time around, and she didn't acknowledge this pregnancy until five months.  Some women don't know they're pregnant until they give birth and they wind having their babies in the toilet, and the babies are often ok.  That's not really an argument against prenatal care.  What if a pregnancy is abnormal?  Just as an example, I was watching the show Divorce this weekend, and a pregnant woman was put on bed rest because she had placenta previa.  She would never have known that if she hadn't been going to an ob-gyn.  Tyra already lost a child at five months, so it is my opinion that she absolutely should have gone to a doctor, terrified or not.  Sometimes we have to make hard choices.

I don't consider the second trimester "the early months."   

BTW--Just to clarity my postion, the type of moral bankruptcy that I'm talking about is the kind that occurs when one fails to act--an act of omission rather than commission, if you will, so I'm not saying she's evil.  I just think her head is screwed on so wrong that it's bordering on dangerous.  Like I stated up thread, I don't know much from the medical community, but I am a lawyer, and as an analogy, someone can be held criminally liable for murder (involuntary man) if they are so negligent that--to use an example from a real life case--they were running a nightclub that has a fire and they failed to secure proper exits.  As the saying goes, at a certain point, ignorance becomes sin.

I reserve the right to consider it morally bankrupt not to see a doctor until five months when one has previously lost a fetus at five months, whether that person is mature or not as mature,, and I respect the fact that you feel otherwise.

Agree to disagree.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Honey said:

Not sure where you're getting that her miscarriage happened at five months.  They said that the age of her lost pregnancy couldn't be determined.  I won't label it as an embryo or fetus, since we don't know the age of the developing baby.

I also thought she miscarried at 5 months.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

I never stated lack of prenatal care would definitely cause a miscarriage.  Such a statement would be erroneous, because Tyra didn't miscarry this time around, and she didn't acknowledge this pregnancy until five months.  Some women don't know they're pregnant until they give birth and they wind having their babies in the toilet, and the babies are often ok.  That's not really an argument against prenatal care.  What if a pregnancy is abnormal?  Just as an example, I was watching the show Divorce this weekend, and a pregnant woman was put on bed rest because she had placenta previa.  She would never have known that if she hadn't been going to an ob-gyn.  Tyra already lost a child at five months, so it is my opinion that she absolutely should have gone to a doctor, terrified or not.  Sometimes we have to make hard choices.

I don't consider the second trimester "the early months."   

BTW--Just to clarity my postion, the type of moral bankruptcy that I'm talking about is the kind that occurs when one fails to act--an act of omission rather than commission, if you will, so I'm not saying she's evil.  I just think her head is screwed on so wrong that it's bordering on dangerous.  Like I stated up thread, I don't know much from the medical community, but I am a lawyer, and as an analogy, someone can be held criminally liable for murder (involuntary man) if they are so negligent that--to use an example from a real life case--they were running a nightclub that has a fire and they failed to secure proper exits.  As the saying goes, at a certain point, ignorance becomes sin.

I reserve the right to consider it morally bankrupt not to see a doctor until five months when one has previously lost a fetus at five months, whether that person is mature or not as mature,, and I respect the fact that you feel otherwise.

Agree to disagree.

Not sure where you're getting that her miscarriage happened at five months.  They said that the age of her lost pregnancy couldn't be determined.  I won't label it as an embryo or fetus, since we don't know the age of the developing baby.

• Love 3