Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E11: From the Ashes

• Start Topic

I have not been as down on Deke as some, but I don't know if Deke having the epiphany was worth all the awkward jibber-jabber we had to put up with for 3/4 of the episode.

I appreciate the choice to have Daisy read the letter silently instead of having Clark Gregg do a voiceover, Chloe rocked the scene. Also the one where Sarge called her "Skye".

• Love 11

One has to give it to the show: It really manages to balance out the characters well. Daisy was pretty much on the backburner the whole season and now they did this beautiful episode addressing her unhealthy coping mechanism.

And they found a way to bring Flint back! Yeah!!!!!!!

• Love 3

So I guess that when Izel opened the graviton containment sphere she also snatched Flint from the future? And a palace coup among the Chromicons, I seems as Chromicon II, was a second home planet not the second rock from their star.

• Love 1

I figured Deke was going to be the one to figure out a solution, but I for one was digging Fitz's idea to take those wacky alien drugs, and see if that effects Izel if she takes over one of their bodies.  Alien drugs are always the way to go!

Oh, Benson!  I'm not surprised he ended up caving in: Izel knew just how to push his (or anyone's) buttons.  At least Mack and Yo-Yo were able to get him out of there safely.  Now, they're just tied up to a totem, while Izel begins some kind of crazy ritual.  They didn't even really get to finish their earlier talk.... in the containment unit.  Their dating life is so out of whack!

Still not entirely sure just how much of Coulson there is in Sarge, but I thought the scenes between him and Daisy were well done.

Flint's back?!  And it also looks like the Chromicons are coming back into play too.  Noticed that the season finale is next week, so I guess it will be two episodes/hours?

• Love 4

I was confused about how Flint was back? Is he real or created by that thing? There was nothing to fear about him he was still alive in the future and an ally to the group. So it didn't make sense for it to create him at all.

I like the scene with Daisy reading the letter even if we didn't get to hear what was in it.  I think that Sarge has Coulson's memories but that is a really little part. I did like when he called her "Skye" showing that they are in there somewhere. I also liked the scenes with Fitz,Simmons and Deke. I'm glad they came up with something.

• Love 4
12 hours ago, AimingforYoko said:

I have not been as down on Deke as some, but I don't know if Deke having the epiphany was worth all the awkward jibber-jabber we had to put up with for 3/4 of the episode.

Yeah, for 45 minutes he was a gawking, open-mouthed Greek chorus for whatever Fitz and Simmons said. Still, for practically the first time since arriving on Earth, Deke offered some original and positive thought. Doesn't come close to justifying his continued existence on the show, but if he keeps it up, maybe I'll change my mind.  

• LOL 2

One more episode? Good. It's not that I think this season has been bad, but I'm basically nodding my head the whole time and going wherever the plot goes. And now I can't hate Deke that much because he was actually useful for once.

Wait, so Sarge is basically an entity with a shell that looks like Coulson? And maybe the shell is Coulson. *nodding my head* Okay, I can buy that.

• Love 3

My room got foggy when Sarge called Daisy Sky. They killed it in that scene.

That scene with Yo-Yo and Mack tied up together in the temple reminded me of Raiders of the Lost Ark.

Yay, for Deke. Grandma and Grandpa must be proud :-)

I guess this threat with Izel will be wrapped up next week and it looks like they are setting up the next one for next season with the Chromicons.

I still don't understand the Coulson in Sarge thing but I've always liked Coulson so I hope he's somehow there next season.

• Love 4

Oh man.  Since the beginning, I’ve always loved Skye and Coulson.  Daisy was a hero in her own right and leaned on Mama May, but season 5 really brought back all of the Phil/Daisy love.  I’ve been a little irritated with Daisy’s story this season...she kicked tons of ass and I absolutely loved Quake, but that was just her superhero bravado.  This episode made up for all.of.it.  

I’ve been rewatching season 1 (sweet innocent Fitzsimmons), and one of the standouts in high sight is really how Skye slowly found her family.  And then this episode happened.

• Love 3

Flint is back! Is he actually back, or is he just a Monolith created vision like Bensons dead husband? Either way, happy to see you again kid!

Daisy has been a bit on the back burner lately as far as character arc stuff, so it was nice to catch up with her and her unhealthy coping skills. I was expecting to hear Coulson doing a voice over while she read the letter, but just seeing her reactions were much more effective. I admit, I got a chill when Sarge called her Sky when he was trying to get her to kill him. Is this how Coulson comes back? His memories overtake Sarge? Can he even become corporeal again after this?

Yo Yo and Mack always do find ways to keep it interesting, huh? "You know when bad guys start sharing their plans, it usually means they're about to die?" 

Aww Deke was just so happy to be included in his grandparents brainstorming session, and them being happy being with him. He just really wants to be loved! 

It would be kind of hilarious/awesome if after all of this, the Skrike are actually taken out by the Chromicons.

*Sniffle* Its so hard seeing Piper without Davis right next to her, snarking about something. 

• Love 8
16 hours ago, blueray said:

I was confused about how Flint was back? Is he real or created by that thing? There was nothing to fear about him he was still alive in the future and an ally to the group. So it didn't make sense for it to create him at all.

I thought the same thing at first but the more I think about the more sense in makes. Their biggest fear (at the moment) is that Izel will win and Flint is the one person they know that can recreate the monolith. Of course, Izel got really lucky that they just happen to know someone with the power to manipulate rocks. 

I am not quite clear how "real" those created beings are...I mean, Coulson/Sarge seems to be very real if he has been around for hundred of years. But the beings which were created last season kept vanishing….

• Love 1
On 7/27/2019 at 9:06 AM, swanpride said:

But he was so adorable happy when he could included in Fitzsimmons brain storming and got to design the belt buckle.

Perhaps his role in the rest of the series will be to express each new Fitzsimmons gadget as a belt buckle.

• LOL 2

I haven’t been a huge fan of this season, I feel like everyone has been dumbed down. You’re telling me Elena can’t escape handcuffs? Or the pod doesnt have a tracker? I thought for sure Elena had a plan other than stepping in front of Daisy like her hands having a tracker in them. 

I did like Deke finally officially being brought into the FitzSimmons fold. I kinda want a scene between Gemma and Deke where he comments about how Fitz is different this time around. I hope Deke continues to mellow out a little bit considering Fitz is accepting him. I forget how messed up Deke is bc of the Season of Space seems like such a long time ago. I know we probably won’t get it, but I’d love a scene conversation about Deke’s last name.

With all the talk about the Creation Monolith, and all the talk about how the end of this season is changing things, I can’t help but wonder who might appear at the end out of the stones. Ward? Triplett? Lincoln? I thought for sure at the end we’d get Hope back during the episode-Flint was a surprise. I loved the LMD storyline with Hope and Mack.

• Love 1

When Daisy was reading the letter from Coulson, I was trying to remember when he gave it to her, and if we'd seen it.  Instead I remembered way back when she first decided to be Daisy, and Coulson would still call her Skye sometimes because that's realistic.  If someone you've known for a while decides they want to be called something else, not everyone remembers that every time.

Then Sarge called her "Skye".  Yeah, so Coulson is in there, somewhere.

• Love 1
(edited)

While I'm not a huge fan of Daisy charging around barking orders at everyone, I thought they did a nice job with her reactions to Sarge, and I liked Simmons calling Daisy out on her pattern. I also liked that after Daisy read Coulson's letter she was even more determined to force whatever it was out of Sarge. I hadn't expected that. And I loved that Sarge's willingness to sacrifice himself was what flipped the switch for Daisy (in addition to his calling her Skye - sniff) believing that Sarge was different from Izel. 

I, too, appreciated Deke's being brought into the FitzSimmons fold (and Daisy called the three of them "Team FitzSimmons"). Yes, Deke was trying to force his way awkwardly into the dynamic, but Fitz and Simmons didn't try to exclude him, which was kind of them and gave Deke a chance to figure out how he fits in with them.

I felt like Deke was getting close to full integration when all three of them responded at the same time:

Daisy, "Would you have tried to talk me out of it?"

Deke, "Definitely!" Simmons, "Probably." Fitz, "Obviously."

Edited to add: Also, I think Clark Gregg has been really killing it as Sarge. He's so determined and grim and despairing. None of Coulson's twinkle or dry humor. 

Edited by bethy
  • Love 6
On 7/28/2019 at 6:46 PM, SnoGirl said:

With all the talk about the Creation Monolith, and all the talk about how the end of this season is changing things, I can’t help but wonder who might appear at the end out of the stones. Ward? Triplett? Lincoln? I thought for sure at the end we’d get Hope back during the episode-Flint was a surprise. I loved the LMD storyline with Hope and Mack.

I wouldn't mind getting all three of them back for good.  A pre-Hive Ward, back when he was Season 1 regular Ward who was sleeping with May.  Trip would be awesome.  And Luke Mitchell is available again since his show got cancelled so it'd be nice to see Lincoln.

I'm confused about the ending scene.  Didn't that Alpha Chromicon lady get killed?  The last time we saw her she was dead, although I can't even remember who killed her, that's how bored I was by this season.  So I guess she's not dead and she's back?  Not really sure what they are doing in this storyline now, but whatever.

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, blackwing said:

I wouldn't mind getting all three of them back for good.  A pre-Hive Ward, back when he was Season 1 regular Ward who was sleeping with May.  Trip would be awesome.  And Luke Mitchell is available again since his show got cancelled so it'd be nice to see Lincoln.

I'm confused about the ending scene.  Didn't that Alpha Chromicon lady get killed?  The last time we saw her she was dead, although I can't even remember who killed her, that's how bored I was by this season.  So I guess she's not dead and she's back?  Not really sure what they are doing in this storyline now, but whatever.

I think Enoch just had them all reboot, his bold action  when he escaped with FitzSimmons 

• Love 1
On 7/28/2019 at 7:46 PM, SnoGirl said:

I haven’t been a huge fan of this season, I feel like everyone has been dumbed down. You’re telling me Elena can’t escape handcuffs? Or the pod doesnt have a tracker? I thought for sure Elena had a plan other than stepping in front of Daisy like her hands having a tracker in them. 

I did like Deke finally officially being brought into the FitzSimmons fold. I kinda want a scene between Gemma and Deke where he comments about how Fitz is different this time around. I hope Deke continues to mellow out a little bit considering Fitz is accepting him. I forget how messed up Deke is bc of the Season of Space seems like such a long time ago. I know we probably won’t get it, but I’d love a scene conversation about Deke’s last name.

damn.. Thinking about tripping still makes me tear up

• Love 1

The main plot is a total mess this season but the character interactions have been mostly great. Daisy listened to Jemma's advice (though not in the way Jemma expected), disagreed with May at first but it was a natural conflict, not contrived nonsense soon to be swept under the carpet like many of the conflicts in the second half of season 5. Then she had a really touching conversation with May. As much as I don't like the way they are bringing Coulson back, the rest of the team's reactions are well written and believable for the most part. Like when Daisy said she was not at all sure if Sarge's powers would help and she chuckled, eliciting a rare smile from May.

Speaking of that, my favourite moment in the previous episode was Yo-yo saying to Davis "You thought Melinda May was sweet? Is there a different meaning for that word?" Small moments like that make me keep watching despite the ever more nonsensical technobabble and the repetitive plot developments (how many times has somebody escaped from SHIELD custody this season?).

• Love 3