Type keyword(s) to search

Former Hosts: PROFESSIONAL Life After The View

Jaded
  • Start Topic

Fox "News" is registered with the FCC as an "entertainment channel," not a news channel.

According to SNOPES  http://www.snopes.com/politics/satire/foxnewsfcc.asp

It is false-  Fox News is not registered as Entertainment.   it was originally posted  on a satire site called Free Wood Post.  

Other headlines on that site include: 

• Jesus Christ Files Lawsuit Against GOP For Slander
  • Michele Bachmann Introduces Legislation To Require Gays To ‘Dress More Straight’
  • 'Get Back To Work Camps' Are The Linchpin Of Rick Perry's New Jobs Program
  • Tea Party Crashes 'Occupy Wall Street' Protest, Finally Brings Press To Event
  • In An Attempt To Spite Obama, Republicans Become Pro-Choice

It's a satire site, like The Onion,  they posted the piece about Fox News as a joke, and it got repeated on other sites. 

Now, whether it SHOULD be registered as "entertainment"  is another issue.  I know it's not really news.

Edited by backformore
  • Love 5

I took the blog to be a left leaning blog, that twists what is reported on the Fox News Channel to further their left leaning perspective. 

A little bit of information that I think I remember from way back when the show started was the balanced was the conservative viewpoint because at the time, most of the channels had a more liberal view. 

Do you have any evidence to prove that "most channels had a more liberal view"?  How exactly does Newshounds "twist" what Fox News Channel does?  Generally, they provide the video of what they are commenting about - their tag line used to be "We watch Fox News so you don't have to".

If this wasn't one of the most lowdown yucky things that Hasselbeck has ever "reported" on, why did Fox scrub it from their site?  

• Love 6

I'd like to remind everyone that everybody is entitled to their opinion.  Just because they don't match yours does not necessarily make them wrong, just different.

lookeyloo, I don't subscribe to HBO. Can you give some details of what you saw on Rosie's show? Someone on another thread said she closed her Ask Ro question thing on her site. My thoughts are that it was a combination of her BIG weekend coming up with the heart show, wanting to savor all that went along with it and also just to decompress from leaving the show and not have to either ignore questions and then play catch up or keep answering questions and not being able to focus all attention on her heart show/decompress. I hope the heart show does her some good and that she can focus on moving onto other things she enjoys, which to me was obviously not The View. 

edited arrgggghhh grammar!

She was "Rosie". We've heard many of the clips but she is a natural. Talked about her kids, her marriage, how she met Michelle, Barbra, and finally her heart attack. After the credits there was some candid stuff at the mall where she interacts with the shoppers. Much fun. Will miss seeing her on a regular basis. I don't agree with everything she says but I find her sincere in her beliefs and very entertaining

• Love 1

Not to cause competition between mods but...Radishcake gives us Bunnies to settle down debates...

Radishcake is WAY cooler than I am.  But, I'll work on it. hee.

The Rosie special was pretty good, and I've never been very interested in her standup before.  I'd never heard the bit about Parker's circumcision, and it was news to me he was accepted into the Citadel, and it was also news to be babies can get erections, which I feel like a creep even typing, I thought that happened at earliest around 3.   I wonder why they filmed it at a mall.

• Love 1

I've been recording Meredith's show on the DVR - aside from some celebrities I'm not interested in, the fashion segments, the games, etc. she does a good interview, so I FF through what I don't want to watch and enjoy the rest.  She is a natural in many different situations.  Which is probably why she was such a great moderator on The View.

• Love 2

I watched the Rosie special with two male friends that I had picked up  that they were not fans.  One for sure came out a fan by laughing and saying how funny she is.  I used that opportunity to give them  my opinion on what type of person I have found her to be from watching her for years, listening to her radio show and reading her books.

Wish I could remember how exactly she mentioned Hasselbeck in the routine.  If itty bitty brain did have a boob job I am surprised. She often wore a sports bra that flattened her out and brought attention to her small chest like Ripa does.

Edited by athousandclowns
  • Love 3

Never had kids, but I learned from babysitting my nephew that if it was erect he was about to pee (after I got pee'd on).  LOL.

ETA:  Maybe similar to what we now know as the "morning woody".

You would be correct on all points, MC.

• Love 3

They made fun of Elisabeth's enhanced cleavage during the SNL 40th anniversary special.  Jane Curtin said she used to be the only blonde doing the news, and now there is a whole network (Fox) and she said "they even manage to show more cleavage than me," and showed a pic of Jane in a bra and Elisabeth in that yellow sweater.  It didn't get much of a laugh.  Tina Fey kinda made a face, so I wondered if that was her joke.

Edited by Morbs
  • Love 4
I wonder why they filmed it at a mall.

It was at a comedy club at a mall, and she said something about it was where she was appearing or made a guest appearance or something at the mall's opening.

I enjoyed the special.  The first 2/3rds or so was about her life, her kids, playing being the mother of four teenagers for laughs.  It was funny, but I kept thinking how humiliated I would be if my mom were talking about me like that!  About Parker having sex with his girlfriend, that kind of thing.  But very funny.  I was working on the computer while the TV was on and still chuckled out loud a few times.  One of the lines that made me laugh was talking about how, whenever she meets a lesbian, no matter how feminine, "they always have that aura of LPGA about them," or something like that.

The last part was about her heart attack, and how very serious it was.  The nurse apparently told Michelle that no one else with that particular blockage had survived that she knew of.  That's got to be a wake-up call, to have death that close, looking over your shoulder.  

No wonder she had WLS, no wonder she is quitting the show on her doctor's orders.  What she said about cutting down stress, and that leaving The View was something she could manage, that made sense to me.  Dealing with five kids and a breaking marriage, that's not as easy to fix.  I applaud her for taking the measures she can to cut down the stress in her life, although I am very sorry to see her leave the show.  It's over for me unless there's a guest I'm wanting to see.  No more daily part of my life, and it's because Rosie made it must-see-tv for me.

Edited by ChicagoCita
  • Love 9

They made fun of Elisabeth's enhanced cleavage during the SNL 40th anniversary special.  Jane Curtin said she used to be the only blonde doing the news, and now there is a whole network (Fox) and she said "they even manage to show more cleavage than me," and showed a pic of Jane in a bra and Elisabeth in that yellow sweater.  It didn't get much of a laugh.  Tina Fey kinda made a face, so I wondered if that was her joke.

Actually, I think she said she used to be the only blonde doing fake news. Which was why I laughed when they showed FOX and then Elisabeth.

• Love 8

She's getting the face she deserves.

Are there many women out there who play with their kids in full makeup?

As Catherine Deneuve said, at a certain age, a woman needs to choose between her ass and her face. Bitsy has chosen her ass.

Edited by Mumbles
  • Love 7

Sounds like she is admitting she was shitcanned. But to her credit, she never said she wasn't - she just refused to discuss it.

"Did her time"? Ugh. She worked very hard to get on that show and then rode that gravy train for years. Spare us.

Of course she's happy at Fox and Friends. Nobody there to challenge her on the crap she's spewing

• Love 6

I respectfully disagree. They all look as happy as pigs in excrement together every morning. They're idiots, but so is she. Plus she gets to play cutie-pie.

The only part she might not like is the early time, and that it's on three hours, five days a week.

• Love 9

My prediction: She's going to crack soon. Working with those two doofuses on either side of her, she cannot honestly think that it's "a great mix." 

Heh!  From my observation of her limited intelligence level and skewed/very slight (to the point of being almost imperceptible) insight into political/world affairs/social issues, my guess is she thinks those "two doofuses" are the modern day equivalent of Huntley and Brinkley (showing my age).

• Love 8

I always thought it was obvious she was fired. It reminded me of what Barbara had said the day after Star Jones announced her contract wasn't renewed, about wanting to give her time to find a new job to save face, which is what happened with Elisabeth. As soon as she found a job, she was out the door.

I wonder if TPTB wish they'd just left the Whoopi/Joy/Sherri/Elisabeth panel alone now.

• Love 3

She was absolutely fired, and her quote in that article confirmed it. Who gets a new job that doesn't start for another 2 months and leaves immediately? She could have finished out the season of The View, it only had a few weeks to go. She didn't start Fox until September. But her departure was announced and the next day was her last show. That screams "I was fired but great grand-mommy Barbara let me stay until she got me another job."

I watched her on O'Reilly tonight. (I feel like I'm the official Elisabeth news person of this forum :-)). She was so damn smug. She has this way of answering questions that just grates!! And she dissed Joy - Bill said something like "some would say that Behar is ____" (I can't remember what he said, something to the effect of annoying, I thnk) and Elisabeth had a smug smile and said "some would say!" She made herself out to be the white knight in the original Rosie dispute but said Rosie wouldn't answer her. Yet I specifically remember them tweeting each other a few years later, in a friendly way. I'm surprised Bill didn't ask her about Rosie's recent departure from The View. She slammed ABC and The View several times in the interview, ("I never felt excited to go to work like I do here." "I've always felt that Fox was my home, even while on The View.") yet would catch herself at times and say some BS like she was fortunate to have good indivdual relationships on The View. I really have no idea what the point of her appearance on O'Reilly Factor tonight was.

• Love 10

She slammed ABC and The View several times in the interview, ("I never felt excited to go to work like I do here." "I've always felt that Fox was my home, even while on The View.") yet would catch herself at times and say some BS like she was fortunate to have good indivdual relationships on The View.

Once a bitch always a bitch.  Elisabeth just cannot be gracious or show any class whatsoever can she?  If not for the View she would be doing what exactly?   Fox News wouldn't have even known she existed if Bill Geddie didn't have wet dreams about young blonde Republican twits and hire her to be his mouthpiece on the View.

I really have no idea what the point of her appearance on O'Reilly Factor tonight was.

Is there ever a point to Elisabeth's appearance anywhere?

• Love 14

She is fast becoming the picture of the "stupid Fox news blonde". I have noticed an increase in her picture being shown when the story is about the ignorance at Fox. Maybe this O'Reilly appearance was meant to show what a wonderful person she is. (pardon me while I gag). 

• Love 9

The O'Reilly piece was pointless. All it did was rehash her old opinions of her time on The View. But to O'Reilly's credit, he knows her limitations and wasn't going to have her opine on ISIS or the possible DHS shutdown or something that's happened, say, in the last three years.

So now she says she didn't look forward to going to The View every day. Hmm, for someone who didn't like her job, you kept it as long as you could (ten years!) and looked miserable when it was clear that you had been canned.

She will dine out for the rest of her life among the lunatic fringe for that Rosie fight. Come on. It was almost 8 years ago. And they brought it up AGAIN.

O'Reilly called Behar "problematic." Funny, coz she had absolutely no problem booking interesting and high quality guests on her show.

She really is a narcissist. She claims Baba "taught" and "trained" her. To do what? Read off a card?

Bitsy's demeanor on these shows with O'Reilly and her boy Hannity is always coquettish/flirtatious. Totally gross.

• Love 11

O'Reilly called Behar "problematic

Yeah Joy had a problem with Bill O'Reilly being such an ass.

Bitsy's demeanor on these shows with O'Reilly and her boy Hannity is always coquettish/flirtatious. Totally gross.

Elisabeth knows what Republican men like.  Blech.

• Love 11

Megan Kelly had a profile in the Times several weeks ago, and there were a few quotes from Fox execs about how great her voice is, literally the tone of her voice, so I wonder what they think of Elisabeth.  She could have at least mentioned her protein bars on O'Reilly!

ABC gave Elisabeth a chance at Good Morning America, GMA!, and then she has the nerve to badmouth them.

Edited by Morbs
  • Love 3

She made herself out to be the white knight in the original Rosie dispute but said Rosie wouldn't answer her. 

I have long held the belief that no one at Faux News (or anywhere else really) would even know Bitsy's name if it wasn't for that moment on The View.  Sweaty Bill Geddie managed to get Bitsy in RO's spotlight long enough that it went viral, as they say.  It was her "claim to fame."    Before that, she was just the dumb blonde one on The View.   

• Love 8

As much as we like Rosie, she unwittingly made Bitsy's career.

And it's funny. Bitsy had feuds with Kathy Griffin and Bill Maher, both fairly liberal people who don't have many fans over there at Fox News. But it's her fight with Rosie that the Fox crowd fixates on. I think that's because they're exploiting what they think is their viewership's homophobia.

• Love 6