Type keyword(s) to search

Former Hosts: PROFESSIONAL Life After The View

Jaded
  • Start Topic

Who better to narrate and produce a show about finding true love, than a woman who has been through two divorces and ongoing battles about custody and child support? 

I'm expecting Sherri to step out of her role and lust after the men on the show.

• Love 8
5 hours ago, backformore said:

Who better to narrate and produce a show about finding true love, than a woman who has been through two divorces and ongoing battles about custody and child support? 

I'm expecting Sherri to step out of her role and lust after the men on the show.

Oh my yes.  And wiggle her butt and maybe even talk about her uterus!!  One can hope she is past all that.  But, this is Sherri we're talking about.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Mumbles said:

The woman has hustle, and she's going out there getting gigs to keep her career going and provide for her children. Not sure what there is to ridicule.

Oh I think there is plenty about Sherri to ridicule but you're right @Mumbles,  her hustle isn't one of them.   The woman has financially supported herself, her children and two worthless husbands for years with a rather limited skill set. 

• Love 11
(edited)

I'm watching  Nicole on MSNBC and wanted to report that despite the terrifying and ridiculous (in my opinion) R results of the Indiana primary her hair once again looks fabulous, LOL.  I'm really glad she escaped this shit show because this kind of broadcasting really is in her wheelhouse; much more than trying to talk about pop culture and kissing up to Miss Whoopi.   I do miss being able to see her shoes though.  Heh.  

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 5
On 5/5/2016 at 10:29 AM, Fisher King said:

Thanks for the Nicolle hair update, @Cosmocrush! Seriously.

Ha!  The Republican party may be imploding, the American political system looks like ridiculous to the world,  but Nicolle looks good talking about it.  

• Love 2

Sherri was on Wendy today (Monday) and I  thought she did pretty good.   She addressed the child support, working three jobs,The Spew, and even Prince's appearance.    She was acting and working her act but hey, it's Sherri.   I only caught part of it as I was headed out the door so I found this online. 

• Love 6

"Stunning and beautiful" hmmm ... I don't think so Sherri. Not a good look for Wendy. Sherri has gained some weight. "God gave me back my smile" - good for Sherri.

3 jobs and 2 worthless ex-husbands!

• Love 2

@ginger90, we want links to do that.  Then no one has to click on the link.  

Looks like she went straight from Wendy's show to the television upfronts - same clothes.  Maybe she didn't want to risk wearing something else with that fake butt.
And I have no idea what was up with Wendy's weirdo outfit - I missed her explanation if there was one.  

• Love 1

Wow, just watching Sherri on Wendy on the DVR now.  When Wendy asked her if she wanted an older or younger man, Sherri said what she wants is a man "who has a job," lol.  She also says Niecey Nash is still her friend and she didn't know she was setting Sherri up with "a con artist, an extortionist, and a swinger."  Oh my, haha!  Wendy fixated on the "swinger" part but Sherri dodged explaining it. 

She mentioned how she is paying her ex "more than" the reported $4,000 a month several times.  Seriously, like four or five times.  Then she got into the son issue specifically, and I quote: "I took care of a grown man for four years.  What would make you think I would not take care of his son ..." Yes, she said "his son."  Hmph.  Then she explained she would never shirk her responsibilities.  Really?  That's odd, because didn't Sherri fight to get out of being declared the boy's mom and paying support?  Double hmph.  Then Wendy asked about visiting the child, but Sherri wouldn't say if she had any intention of ever seeing this kid.  Suddenly it was all too "legal" for her to get into.  The whole thing kind of smelled bad in my opinion.  Sherri obviously wanted to defend herself from certain criticisms she has received by simply claiming she is a good person who would never do what she was accused of, but her actions belie her words.  No way do I believe she would be paying for that child if the court had not made her do so.  I don't care what she says.  She fought to hard to avoid it.  Anyway. 

Sherri also said she is not coming back to do any more spots on The View.  She claimed it was because she is moving on with other projects and stuff and while she is glad for her time at The View, blah blah.  Again I can't say I am buying that, either.  No way would Sherri would ever pass up appearing on The View if they would have her, not with it's huge audience.  It keeps her in the public eye and gives her a chance to plug her other projects.  I guess I can understand why she isn't admitting (what I think is) the truth about it, though.  But the stuff about her ex's son, she should have just left all that out.  It was a bunch of crap.  She would have been better off saying nothing about it, imo. And she was the one bringing it all up, too.  It's not like Wendy was pressing her.  Sherri clearly had planned to come on and say all that stuff.  Too bad I didn't believe 90% of what she had to say about it. 

• Love 7

@Celia Rubenstein  I had the same reaction you did.  Sherri had certain things she wanted to say about son #2, and she said them.   It didn't make her look good.  

And the only reason she would be required to pay MORE child support is if she made more money.  I don't know all the state laws, but here, child support is figured as a percentage of income.  As your income goes up, so does your obligation to your child.

• Love 4

Excuse me, but what the hell? Sherri just said she was done with The View YESTERDAY.  

If they are having her come on now just because she is suddenly willing to talk about the situation with her ex and the child, that is pretty damn smarmy. On both of their parts, Sherri's and the show.

• Love 6

Sherri says she is moving on from The View. Now tomorrow she will be co-hosting! Anything to promote her new dating show I suppose.

• Love 3

If they are having her come on now just because she is suddenly willing to talk about the situation with her ex and the child, that is pretty damn smarmy. On both of their parts, Sherri's and the show.

I think the View and Sherri have both proven how smarmy they can be.

• Love 5
37 minutes ago, rcc said:

Sherri says she is moving on from The View. Now tomorrow she will be co-hosting! Anything to promote her new dating show I suppose.

Yeah, she was pretty sure about that too, with all her  "I've moved on.." stuff.  Of course we can't be surprised that Sherri doesn't really know what she's talking about most of the time.   I wonder if it was a last minute booking after  her appearance on Wendy's show?  

• Love 2

Sherri's schnick with men s sooooo old hat.  Although now that I think abt it, isn't Michelle doing the same man-hungry bits also, without the groping).?  It is 2016, right? Except on the spew as noted above.  

I feel embarrassed for Michelle's situation. ...single, weight-concerns, pathetic jokes about her pathetic life, etc., (combined with not really caring).. It's not funny. I wonder why Joy doesn't mentor her....or maybe she's tried, and given up. 

Joy's idea abt a Bachelor show with not beautiful people is similar to an idea I wss thinking abt....a magazine with normal, average, and diverse looking women in real clothes that were affordable. But I guess I cd just look around when I go out for that. 

And for real intelligent commentary, I can read PTV.  Thanks, guys, for saving my sanity.

• Love 3

I listened to  bit of that show this a.m. on repeat.  They say they are best buds and supported each other during their tenure on the View.  Jenny admits to stealing one of BW's blazers.  Sherri says she took Jenny's advice not to date for a year, (but of course that doesn't mean she is celibate, just going for the sex and not a relationship).  She talked a little about her show.  And then my car ride was over...Anyone?

• Love 1

From Sherri's Instagram it looks like she and Rosie are going to be on ABC's summer remake of The Match Game. I actually think they'll be okay. Rosie loves those retro games and even Sherri should be okay because the questions are very jokey.

Sherri is also going to be on the reboot of Pyramid which would be more problematic because it requires one to be very descriptive. Plus her general knowledge skills are lacking.

• Love 2
45 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

What does she mean "#15" ??? Is she like the fifteenth host to get shitcanned or something? 

Haha, seems like it.   But just counting in my head I think she was the fifteenth co-host hired to sit at the table. 

Oh wait: 

1. Meredith
  2. Joy
  3. Starr
  4. Debbie
  5. Lisa
  6. Bitsy
  7. RO
  8. Sherri
  9. Whoopi
  10. Jenny
  11. Nicole
  12. Rosie P
  13. Paula
  14. Raven
  15. Michelle
  16. CCB

Hmmm, maybe she meant #16? or maybe she was the 15th hired?   I don't know. 

• Love 3

I agree.  Very classy move.  She's also a smart girl and she's not going to burn any bridges.  Sherri has been back to the show often enough. Who knows what the future might hold for Michelle with re: this show.  And she knows getting bitchy might effect how people treat her in the future.  I mean ... I love what Star pulled when she left, but she didn't really do herself any favors.  I think she may have scared a lot of industry people off when she pantsed Barbara on the air the way she did.  People don't want to risk being on the receiving end of that kind of treatment, not when there are so many other people out there to work with.

At any rate, Michelle may have got off to a rocky start, but she was just getting her sea legs when they yanked the rug out from under her.  I hope industry people realize that and her time on the show ends up landing her a much better gig.  She earned it with the time she did in this gulag.

• Love 6

Yes, I really hope she gets another gig out of this at least. I know she was doing the weekend things on LOGO with Michael Urie. I know people were divided on her humor, but she definitely seemed to have a good head on her shoulders at least. Good wishes to her.

• Love 5

The number of people who they keep hiring and firing after only a year on the show indicates how unstable the situation is over there. This thing needs to be taken out of its misery. It should have been years ago.

• Love 7

I agree. The turnover rate says more about the people who RUN the show than the people who have hosted it.  They are the real problem. They make terrible decisions about who to hire, let people be treated badly while they are there, and then leak they're firing someone but still keep them around in tortuous limbo, having them sit next to their replacement and make nice for the camera. 

What a horrible place to work. 

• Love 10
9 hours ago, Mumbles said:

The number of people who they keep hiring and firing after only a year on the show indicates how unstable the situation is over there. This thing needs to be taken out of its misery. It should have been years ago.

I keep thinking they want to get to 20 before shitcanning the whole mess.  Whomever said the plan was to do a fourth hour of GMA is probably right.  

4 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I agree. The turnover rate says more about the people who RUN the show than the people who have hosted it.  They are the real problem. They make terrible decisions about who to hire, let people be treated badly while they are there, and then leak they're firing someone but still keep them around in tortuous limbo, having them sit next to their replacement and make nice for the camera. 

What a horrible place to work. 

I think that probably covers ABC [News/Daytime] in general.  I don't watch Live with Kelly & Whoever or GMA but I've heard about the mess TPTB have created on those shows.    

• Love 3
23 hours ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

never seen Debbie M on Home and Family...but I guess she's the Deborah Norville to cristina f's Jane Pauley.

http://deadline.com/2016/06/cristina-ferrare-debbie-matenopoulos-hallmark-channel-home-and-family-1201777110/

I'm kind of shocked.  I have only seen this a few times,  mostly in waiting rooms. Cristina seemed like a great fit for this show. Debbie doesn't seem to be what the audience of this show looks for. I've never seen her on this show and she might be great but she always seemed manic in other things I've seen her in. 

• Love 1

I came across this summation of Rosie O's roller coaster of a career and thought I'd share.

The Real Reason Rosie O'Donnell's Career is Over (supposedly)

I am curious about two things claimed in the story that were news to me ... first: the person on the panel Rosie O was having problems with when she returned to The View was not Whoopi, it was Rosie Perez.    

And second: that after the infamous battle of the split screen with Elizabeth Hasselbeck, Rosie didn't quit or refuse to renew her contact or whatever ... in reality, Barbara Walters fired her and that is why she never appeared on the air again. They link a NY Post story that supposedly describes Rosie making the claim she was fired in a stand up routine she did afterwards, but I can't get the link to work so I don't know what it really says. 

I don't remember ever hearing that Rosie O and Rosie P didn't get along, nor do I recall there being any apparent tension between them.  Then again I almost never actually sit down and stare at the show while it's on so I could have missed a lot.  And about Rosie being fired .... that is not at all the story I remember being told about why she left.   Supposedly her contract was up in three weeks and she just said the hell with it and it was all her choice to go. 

I realize BaWa can be all high-minded about her precious show, but I don't know why she would have fired Rosie if the goal of the show is to "make sparks." The show had made headlines all over with the drama between Rosie and Elizabeth.  You'd think she'd be happy.  Maybe not. Or maybe BaWa was afraid Rosie would pull a Star Jones on the air somehow and embarrass her so she got rid of her before she had the chance, lol.  I could see that being a concern!  

• Love 2

The assertion that O'Donnell and Perez had problems with each other sounds to me like a complete fabrication (and re-writing history to keep any stain off of Whoopi, who was the real problem). When the news came out that they were trying to fire Perez, Rosie O'Donnell reacted pretty loudly in the media, saying Perez was going nowhere, she's a great co-host, and that the story was complete BS. Rosie Perez also defended Rosie O'Donnell when she appeared on Wendy Williams a week or so after O'Donnell left the show. Perez said she and O'Donnell are friends regardless of what anyone might say about O'Donnell because of the Whoopi drama. To me, this is why Whoopi was rude to Perez, because she didn't kiss Whoopi's ass like Nicolle did; she didn't really take any sides in the deal. The only drama that ever came out about Perez the entire season was related to her hairdresser(s).

As for the other part, who knows. I think Barbara wanted her to go and Rosie wanted to go, so it was a decision that was mutually beneficial.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

The assertion that O'Donnell and Perez had problems with each other sounds to me like a complete fabrication (and re-writing history to keep any stain off of Whoopi, who was the real problem). When the news came out that they were trying to fire Perez, Rosie O'Donnell reacted pretty loudly in the media, saying Perez was going nowhere, she's a great co-host, and that the story was complete BS. Rosie Perez also defended Rosie O'Donnell when she appeared on Wendy Williams a week or so after O'Donnell left the show. 

Greenknight, I haven't read the article but will pipe in anyway :). My recollection is that Rosie and Perez were buddies prior to Perez's time on The View. Perez sided with Whoopi on many heated discussions - including the Bill Cosby allegations outlined here: http://www.thewrap.com/abc-the-views-rosie-odonnell-squares-off-against-her-co-hosts-over-bill-cosby-rape-allegations/ - and knowing Rosie's sensitive nature, it pissed her off. I love Rosie but acknowledge she has flaws - and her thin-skin is one of them. I can see her being furious and feeling betrayed by Perez.

Whoopi was on Fallon this past week and did an impression of Rosie Perez - can't remember why.  She talked about all the shoes she has at The View to be fashionable since she didn't dress as well as the others.  She brought Jimmy some liquor candies and talked about her pot products for women issues.  Likable Whoopi, not View Whoopi.

• Love 2