Type keyword(s) to search

Former Hosts: PROFESSIONAL Life After The View

Jaded
  • Start Topic

(edited)

The cover says: Sherri Shepherd Strips Down To Her Natural Beauty, but the picture tells a different story. They should have used the picture Sherri posted with the magazine in her hand.

But this is what personally bugs me, her "Glory and Hallelujah!" in reference to being on the cover. Really???

ETA: from 2 days ago:  https://instagram.com/p/1MnhShoLkq/

Edited by ginger90
  • Love 1

Anyone noticing Meredith Vieira's show segment:  'Hot Headlines'...a derivative of The View's 'Hot Topics'...?

Wendy Williams does a Hot Topics everyday.  It's all Celebrity Gossip and her take on it with some input from her audience (who she calls her co-hosts) and she's said before that she totally took it from The View.  

The cover says: Sherri Shepherd Strips Down To Her Natural Beauty, but the picture tells a different story. They should have used the picture Sherri posted with the magazine in her hand.

But this is what personally bugs me, her "Glory and Hallelujah!" in reference to being on the cover. Really???

Ha!  I'm guessing she is referring to the check. 

• Love 4

I just saw the promo for Bab's latest NOT big interview with infamous pedophile MaryKay LeTourneau  and her victim/husband.  Good grief.   Apparently there is no end to her career or her ability to recycle decades old stories.

• Love 2

Sherri mentioned somewhere recently about how much Whoopie had helped her, one thing I remember from them talking on the show was Whoopie wisely advising Sherri to not post pictures of Jeffrey.

We know how well she listened to that!!

Now she is posting pics of Jeffrey when he was younger, with beautiful curls but he has a soother in his mouth.

Can't you just hear the taunts he will get from schoolmates??

https://instagram.com/p/1VfxhzoLqK/

I wanted to weigh in on Meredith Viera's new show. A while back I posted that I thought she was much better when she had a team like on the View. That she seemed more comfortable as a member of a team rather than a lone show host.

I am so happy to see that she is now starting her shows with guests to talk about what's going on in the world etc. It really works and she seems so much more at ease at the beginning of each show. I really like the change. I'm only hoping the show gets better as she relaxes more.

Edited by maryis1
  • Love 1

I wanted to weigh in on Meredith Viera's new show. A while back I posted that I thought she was much better when she had a team like on the View. That she seemed more comfortable as a member of a team rather than a lone show host.

I am so happy to see that she is now starting her shows with guests to talk about what's going on in the world etc. It really works and she seems so much more at ease at the beginning of each show. I really like the change. I'm only hoping the show gets better as she relaxes more.

I do too.  I DVR and FF through many of the "bits" but I do enjoy the real Meredith when she is interviewing.

It's interesting to take just the weekly post counts in this forum as a weather vane for how steadily interest in this show is declining. I haven't watched in a couple months, but I still keep up here and was looking over the post counts. Here are this year's post counts for the weekly threads in case any of you are interested:

Week of 1/5: 208 posts

1/12: 196

1/19: 291

1/26: 234

2/2: 268

2/9 (the week Rosie O left): 339

2/16: 114

2/23: 166

3/2: 129

3/9: 137

3/16: 110

3/23: 86

3/30: 83

4/6: <reruns, no thread>

4/13: 45

Edited by canter
  • Love 7

Not mentioning any names, but there was a real flurry of posts back when one of the hot topics that was never discussed on the show had to do with one of the former View hosts. Since personal lives of the former hosts are not to be discussed as per the rules of the forum, a lot of the discussion dried up.

• Love 1

Not mentioning any names, but there was a real flurry of posts back when one of the hot topics that was never discussed on the show had to do with one of the former View hosts. Since personal lives of the former hosts are not to be discussed as per the rules of the forum, a lot of the discussion dried up.

That's true, but that totally arbitrary prohibition that applied to only one particular former host was imposed some 8 months ago. The numbers above reflect only the 2015 period immediately before and after RO's departure. The sharp decline doesn't surprise me in the least. In fact what does surprise me is that the number of posts is still even as high as that lowest number. I suspect that downward trend will continue unless something particularly interesting happens or there is a big announcement.

• Love 4
"The mainstream media is the campaign manager for Hillary Clinton right now." —Elisabeth Hasselbeck, to Erick Erickson

She really is clueless . . . or without a moral compass and will just say anything she's told to say. 

• Love 5

"The mainstream media is the campaign manager for Hillary Clinton right now." —Elisabeth Hasselbeck, to Erick Erickson

She really is clueless . . . or without a moral compass and will just say anything she's told to say.

Hence the reason I refer to her as a GOPbot. Typical empty-headed blonde Fox News employee.

• Love 3

and here's bitsy reporting on a "true miracle" 

http://www.newshounds.us/20150414_fox_friends_pimps_another_heavenly_journey_story

A girl has a chronic illness, and a "true miracle"  cures her.  

BUT -  watch the story unfold, the years don't add up. 

she was so ill and in chronic pain, so bad she told her mother she  wanted to die (at age 11).       she's 12 now. 
 The fall from the tree was in 2011.  4 years ago - which means she was 8 or 9 when she fell from the tree.  WHAT TOOK JESUS SO LONG TO CURE HER???

It sounds to me like this is one of those families where the doctors do everything they can, then the parents go to church.  When the child gets better, the parents don't credit medical interventions with the cure, they chalk it up to prayer.   

but this story - the mom wrote a book.  One more book about going to heaven and back, to add to the list of books that people are now back-tracking on as made up stories.  Nobody at FOX NEWS  pays attention to the fact that the kid was still sick after the fall?  

• Love 1

and here's bitsy reporting on a "true miracle" 

http://www.newshounds.us/20150414_fox_friends_pimps_another_heavenly_journey_story

A girl has a chronic illness, and a "true miracle"  cures her.  

BUT -  watch the story unfold, the years don't add up. 

she was so ill and in chronic pain, so bad she told her mother she  wanted to die (at age 11).       she's 12 now. 

The fall from the tree was in 2011.  4 years ago - which means she was 8 or 9 when she fell from the tree.  WHAT TOOK JESUS SO LONG TO CURE HER???

It sounds to me like this is one of those families where the doctors do everything they can, then the parents go to church.  When the child gets better, the parents don't credit medical interventions with the cure, they chalk it up to prayer.   

but this story - the mom wrote a book.  One more book about going to heaven and back, to add to the list of books that people are now back-tracking on as made up stories.  Nobody at FOX NEWS  pays attention to the fact that the kid was still sick after the fall?  

It ought to be a crime to be THAT stupid!  Other than a lobotomy, there's no excuse for the idiocy that FoxBot disseminates without question or critical thinking.  Gawd!!.

• Love 2

I'm thinking because she can't chat about the Joyner Cruise and working on it but much, much more focused on her legs and lashes selfies. Not the people joining the cruise because of the radio show or the island and enjoying what the island has to offer or looking forward to welcoming the guests aboard.

• Love 3

The View

It's interesting to take just the weekly post counts in this forum as a weather vane for how steadily interest in this show is declining. I haven't watched in a couple months, but I still keep up here and was looking over the post counts. Here are this year's post counts for the weekly threads in case any of you are interested:

Week of 1/5: 208 posts
1/12: 196
1/19: 291
1/26: 234
2/2: 268
2/9 (the week Rosie O left): 339
2/16: 114
2/23: 166
3/2: 129
3/9: 137
3/16: 110
3/23: 86
3/30: 83

Note:  The 83 posts from 3/30 are actually two weeks worth since the show was in reruns until this week.   Yes, I miss RO. 

• Love 4

Reminds me of another Former View Host and the timing of childhood vaccines being in the same timeline as developmental delays presenting themselves naturally.

• Love 2

I suspect that downward trend will continue unless something particularly interesting happens or there is a big announcement.

You were right, TT -- only 45 posts last week! People may have been on spring break though -- maybe things could pick up a bit. I hope so, because even though I'm done with the show, I really enjoy this forum.

Edited by canter
  • Love 4

Read this in an article today:

"Finally, you can see Sherri’s latest effort on the Food Network. She will be hosting and producing a show called “Faith and Food”. Sherri will be going across the country, talking with restaurant owners and learning how they have fused together their faith and their food."

I don't see it mentioned on the Food Network site. Hosting AND producing, though? And let's guess, eating. Oh my.

Edited by ginger90

"Finally, you can see Sherri’s latest effort on the Food Network. She will be hosting and producing a show called “Faith and Food”. Sherri will be going across the country, talking with restaurant owners and learning how they have fused together their faith and their food."

I don't see it mentioned on the Food Network site. Hosting AND producing, though? And let's guess, eating. Oh my.

OH.MY.GOODNESS!!!!  What a hoot!!!

• Love 1

suddenly - a flashback of Sherri and Clinton Kelly, where she was dancing, praising god, and saying hallelujah while he cooked.  

• Love 3

How do you fuse together faith and food? The most I can come up with is interviewing Muslims and Jews about not eating pork, and Hindus about not eating beef. But faith to Sherri only includes Christianity, so that won't work. 

• Love 5

I find 

I find the Food Network rumors hard to believe. OTOH a perfect fit, I guess. They didn't see the pending  Deen disaster developing. And now mixing food and religion with SS? Just no, imo.

• Love 4

Flashback: Sherri and Clinton cooking (and Mario's presence didn't help the situation)

http://www.imdb.com/video/hulu/vi1481091609/

BTW- I did a search-

MC Hammer had a show called Holy and Hungry on the Cooking Channel in the Summer of 2014- Doesn't seem like it was  a hit-

Why would The Food Network try the same thing?

Along every road, in little towns and big cities, you'll find amazing places and food cooked with love by people of faith. Our host, MC Hammer will visit all these hidden places, looking for a taste, a recipe, and maybe even a prayer with people all over the country who are Holy and Hungry.
Edited by springtime
  • Love 2

I find 

I find the Food Network rumors hard to believe. OTOH a perfect fit, I guess. They didn't see the pending  Deen disaster developing. And now mixing food and religion with SS? Just no, imo.

I agree. Scroll down to a video at the link below. Sherri begins at the 23 minute mark and the Food Network show is mentioned by the host and Sherri, along with her loooove of Elisabeth and other nonsense, lol  http://darenstreblow.com/show-for-april-4-2015/

Am I missing something?  What would the appeal of talking to restaurant owners about their religious faith be?  And honestly is right now the best time to be doing a show about that?  We have seen what happens when "Christian"  restaurant owners start talking about their faith. 

• Love 2

Am I missing something?  What would the appeal of talking to restaurant owners about their religious faith be?  And honestly is right now the best time to be doing a show about that?  We have seen what happens when "Christian"  restaurant owners start talking about their faith.

This is Sherri we are talking about, who has never been know for her critical thinking skills, whoever is backing this idea must be drinking Sherri's koolaid...............

So, does anyone  think Sherri  will be visiting Indiana and other states where "christian"  business owners deny service to gay customers and hide behind "religious freedom"?    

Because THAT show has so much potential for hilarity! 

• Love 3

I've spent some time in the deep Bible Belt, and there are quite a few restaurants that put their religion into the way their restaurants are run.  Closed on Sunday to keep the Lord's Day, for example. Bible verses on the windows to explain the food.  "Soul food," literally.

Now, I don't think Sherri is capable of it, but it would be interesting to visit, for example, Steven Speilberg's mother's kosher restaurant in Beverly Hills, called the Milky Way. I'd love to see more about how restaurants deal with people fasting until sundown on Ramadan, for instance.

But I don't think Sherri is the person to host that kind of show, which would require an openness to non-Christian traditions and respect for them.

• Love 4

But I don't think Sherri is the person to host that kind of show, which would require an openness to non-Christian traditions and respect for them.

Sherri, sadly, does NOT understand her own religion which says says is Christian....How, with her closed mind, could she discuss other religions & their associated food traditions & taboos? Ahhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaa Blue cards again :) :)

• Love 2

I'd love to see more about how restaurants deal with people fasting until sundown on Ramadan, for instance.

As someone that fasts Ramadan I have to say most people I know do not go out to restaurants to break fast because it's simply too hard to make sure your food is timed properly! I don't know what's worse... having to wait for your delayed food past sundown, or getting your food early and staring at it while staring at the clock. LOL

• Love 1

Capped teeth, strained neck muscles, heavy false eyelashes . . . trying too hard. 

!!!Don't Scare Me Like That!!!

I was going to snark earlier this morning about Sherri not knowing her Halal from her Kosher - but I didn't want to offend anyone.  That idea would be a great show, just not with ignorant Sherri.

• Love 3

I wonder if Babs bothered to catch  the 60 Minutes story (4/19) on the gassing of Syrians in August of 2013 -  allegedly by her vacay buddy al- Assad?   I hope so.  I really do.  If I have to live with those images in my mind, she should too. 

And speaking of images, I could have lived my whole life without seeing that selfie of Bitsy's choppers.   Yikes.  Did she just come from the dentist or something? 

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 4

This is Sherri we are talking about, who has never been know for her critical thinking skills, whoever is backing this idea must be drinking Sherri's koolaid...............

Right, somebody's hitting the Jesus Juice pretty hard.

• Love 2

Flag lovin' Bitsy does it again!

Hasselbeck opened with video of former USAF Staff Sgt Michelle Manhart giving instructions on flag etiquette to students who walked on an American flag during a protest at Valdosta State University. The video then showed Manhart being arrested after she refused to return the flag which she took from the students. The banner: "Fight for the Flag."

Hasselbeck said "wow" and informed us that this "intense video of an Air Force veteran arrested after standing up to students who were stomping on the American flag has gone viral." She reported that the school has closed for the day "in anticipation of a massive rally" by real Americans who support the flag. She introduced the flag defending Manhart but didn't mention that Manhart posed for Playboy, in 2007, while holding the Stars and Stripes across her naked body - a photo for which she was reprimanded by the Air Force.

Hasselbeck, breathlessly, noted that more than 4,000 patriots are expected at the rally and asked Manhart if she would be attending. To Hasselbeck's question of whether Manhart, who has been banned from the campus, should be permitted back on the campus, Manhart said she hoped that the ban would be lifted.

We shouldn't be surprised because, well, Campus Reform!

smh

• Love 4

In Ask Ro, Rosie said the timing of all the negative stories about her in the press (I guess there's an email in which she is allegedly organizing a threesome) is "interesting."  What could she possibly mean?  Fall out from enemies made at ABC?

• Love 2