Type keyword(s) to search

Bridgerton In Media: Bodice Ripped From the Headlines

• Start Topic

On 5/8/2024 at 6:21 PM, PRgal said:

The last one is Harry, Prudence's husband.  You mean the next-to-last one, the dashing older gentleman?  I heard he's a possible new love interest for Violet.  

Yes, that one. Lady Danbury I was hoping she'd get a love interest. 

• Useful 1

Nicola is so petite compared to the rest of the cast!  Is she 5'?   Can't wait for the premiere.  The question is this: Do I binge?

• Like 2
  • Love 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, PRgal said:

Nicola is so petite compared to the rest of the cast!  Is she 5'?   Can't wait for the premiere.  The question is this: Do I binge?

NO. SLEEP. TIL E4! 

Edited by RachelKM
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
(edited)

I'm seriously considering getting up at 3am to watch it as soon as it's released. 

Re: the article about Nicola — the thing that strikes me about the actors who play the couples, and the entire cast really, is how much they love each other. You could really see it in the behind-the-scenes with Simone Ashley and Jonathan Bailey. They clearly had a great deal of affection for each other.

Edited by mrsbagnet
  • Like 7
13 hours ago, mrsbagnet said:

I'm seriously considering getting up at 3am to watch it as soon as it's released. 

Re: the article about Nicola — the thing that strikes me about the actors who play the couples, and the entire cast really, is how much they love each other. You could really see it in the behind-the-scenes with Simone Ashley and Jonathan Bailey. They clearly had a great deal of affection for each other.

I think the cast is this way because of the Covid bubble they were in when filming Season 2.  

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
On 5/17/2024 at 9:35 PM, RachelKM said:

Claudia Jessie is a Goddammed Delight.

Thank you for sharing that, I knew that muff looked wrong!

• LOL 2

She said she wants to explore the Eloise - Francesca relationship on the show. That would be nice to see, they didn't have meaningful interactions in part 1.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Hope it's okay to ask here-how is everyone liking season 3? I had Netflix for awhile and barely used it. I did like Brigerton but not sure I should get get it again or not just for one show. I

• Like 2
8 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Hope it's okay to ask here-how is everyone liking season 3? I had Netflix for awhile and barely used it. I did like Brigerton but not sure I should get get it again or not just for one show. I

Not the quality of the first two seasons in my opinion. I was, like many others, eagerly awaiting it and imagined I would binge watch but I found my attention wandering.  Just my opinion, of course.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 1

I'm finding I really do not care for Colin.  There's no there there when it comes to him which I blame on the writers.  An actor can only do so much when the writers have not bothered to give a character a backstory or talents or inner turmoil for whatever reason.  I don't necessarily need Colin to have similar angst to Simon or Antony, but he needs to be able to exist outside of Bridgerton child #3 and Pen's love interest.  He's on the canvas because the source material demands it, not because he's an interesting character in his own right.  

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
18 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I'm finding I really do not care for Colin.  There's no there there when it comes to him which I blame on the writers.  An actor can only do so much when the writers have not bothered to give a character a backstory or talents or inner turmoil for whatever reason.  I don't necessarily need Colin to have similar angst to Simon or Antony, but he needs to be able to exist outside of Bridgerton child #3 and Pen's love interest.  He's on the canvas because the source material demands it, not because he's an interesting character in his own right.  

I think we are sort of meant to feel this way, as Colin himself feels this way. I mean, obviously the writers do want us interested to some degree so we tune in to see where his story goes, but yeah…

• Like 2
(edited)
21 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Pay next month to watch entire season at once. Eh I’m not impressed tbh. It was very rushed and Pen was so out of her character. I’m sorta disappointed so far.

Edited by oliviabenson
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Nicola is lovely, but she looks 30 plus. Luke looks 13. It looks odd for them to be lovers. Mr Vegetarian looked better with her. 

The Featherngton sisters and mom are saving this season. I love them and how funny they are. Mama F is killing it. Her explanation of sex when she realized her daughters do not know what sex is had me rolling. 

F sisters and their husbands are silly, child like.

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm1012657/

Mr Vegetarian aka Sam Phillips. He is very good in the show and is very attractive.

• Like 2
45 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

Pay next month to watch entire season at once. Eh I’m not impressed tbh. It was very rushed and Pen was so out of her character. I’m sorta disappointed so far.

That's a good idea! Thank you. If I get through the whole season in a month, I'll get my money's worth even if I don't watch anything else. 

• Like 2
(edited)
22 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I haven't decided. But, so far, I actually like it more than Season 1. But what I enjoy about this series isn't what most seem to.

Edited by RachelKM
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
On 5/21/2024 at 10:16 PM, RealHousewife said:

I'm enjoying it a lot so far, but if you are getting Netflix for just one show, I think you are probably better off waiting until June and getting Netflix then, so you can catch up with the whole season at once.

And that way, you can also see what fans are saying about the entire season before making any decisions about Netflix. I was kinda mixed on Queen Charlotte after its first episode, for instance, but I thought the season as a whole worked much better than some of the individual episodes. The same thing may well be true of this season of Bridgerton, but we won't know that until June. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
(edited)
On 5/21/2024 at 10:16 PM, RealHousewife said:

I thought Season 2 was better, but I liked it so much that I knew Season 3 couldn't possibly live up to it. I don't find Colin to be a compelling character. The Featheringtons have been fun to watch this season. I do like S3 better than S1, though.

Edited by mrsbagnet
  • Like 2
  • Useful 1

I loved most of season 1 and felt season 2 was a bit of a slog at times.  I haven't started watching season 3 as I think I want to devote a Saturday to the entire season.  A few of us had to like season 1, right?

• Applause 5
(edited)
20 hours ago, Chaser said:

Oh I liked Season 1 too. I just thought Season 2 was better. 

Same.  To be fair, the first book is my least favorite too. So it was starting from a deficit with me. I think Season 2 was far stronger but I'm still annoyed they had the actual almost wedding with Edwina. That was a waste of time and hurt the characters of Kate and Anthony more than necessary. 

I'm liking Season 3. But it's early for a final ranking. 

Edited by RachelKM
Typos
  • Like 4
(edited)

I didn’t like the first book. I remember wondering why this particular one inspired an adaptation. I thought there were stronger options. Tropes wise, I much prefer enemies to lovers over fake dating. Friends to lovers is a mid trope for me. I think I’m struggling a bit with Colin and Pen because I don’t really get that they were such good friends, not from S1/S2. She was full on awkward crushing and he seemed kind/amused but distance. 

Edited by Chaser
  • Like 3
1 hour ago, Absolom said:

I loved most of season 1 and felt season 2 was a bit of a slog at times.  I haven't started watching season 3 as I think I want to devote a Saturday to the entire season.  A few of us had to like season 1, right?

Me! I don't know if part of it was my gosh, what a visually pretty show! I don't know about you all, but I had never watched any series like it. Season 2 didn't quite have the same wow effect on me. 

• Like 1
On 5/22/2024 at 9:41 PM, oliviabenson said:

Francesca’s suitor that she doesn’t like looks like Borat lol. Sacha Cohen???

He looks like an evil continental European aristocrat.  I expected a really, really thick accent.

• Like 2
  • LOL 2