Type keyword(s) to search

Outlander In The Media

maraleia
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, Nidratime said:

Now, how do I get EW Radio?

It's part of Sirius XM radio... Lynette Rice Editor at Large of EW Magazine and Amy Wilkingson (she does episode recaps on EW.com) did a recap show on Monday's after every episode.. They interviewed almost everyone from the show. 

They are doing a special episode this monday. you can sign up for a trial listen for free. 

Entertainment Weekly's interview w/Maril Davis

Haven't listened to this yet, so don't know how spoilery it is, but it's part of that spread they've done on Outlander, on the news stands now.

Edited by Nidratime

Sam just posted on Facebook:

"When the Starlight Ends"
"Was a brilliant script by Adam Sigal and a real passion project for me, a movie we managed to shoot in the break. Unfortunately I didn't think it was finished. I haven't been allowed to see a cut, nor has the director/writer.

It was a learning curve working in Independent cinema. We had a great cast (Arabella Oz) and crew who worked to create something special. It's sad it has been taken out of our hands by the financiers. They have decided to release their own version...
Hope one day to see a version that is true to the wonderful script we set out to make."

I guess the film is to be shown this weekend at the Venice Film Festival in CA.  Such a bummer for him, I bet....

• Love 1

I was surprised to see that Sam posted that but I was even more surprised to read that neither he nor the director/writer has seen the cut.  What?

My speculation is that the financiers think they can make money off of it no matter what because Sam is in it and he is an up-and-coming star with a huge fan base.  I would certainly have paid to see it.  I'd pay money to hear Sam read the phone book.   So I guess it's fair for Sam to alert his fans that he's unhappy.   Now I know that I needn't support this project -- at least not this version.

Now when is "Heart of Lightness" going to be available in the USA?  I keep looking for it on Netflix and AmazonPrime but so far, no joy.

• Love 1

I know they put a lot of thought into all of their choices, I still wish they had done the ending differently.  I would have preferred no words, just seeing the possibilities on her face.  

• Love 2

Starz’s Standalone Broadband Service Draws Nearly 1 Million Subscribers
https://www.yahoo.com/tv/starz-standalone-broadband-draws-nearly-1-million-subscribers-220344221.html

During a conference call with analysts, Albrecht talked up the fast start for the Starz app, which has been sold in partnership with Amazon Prime for an $8.99 monthly fee, and the ratings success of Starz drama “Power” and “Outlander.”

11 minutes ago, Grashka said:

I saw a little tidbit of Caitriona Balfe and Sam Heughan arriving on the red carpet (Bafta Scotland). The were both looking stunning but what I noticed foremost, was his hair, which seemed much shorter. I wonder if that's for the role and if so, does it mean that *older* Jamie will have his hair cut short (unlike in the books) or the opposite, he will have long braided hair, which means wearing a wig like the other actors playing 18th century characters. No kidding, they have to find a way to mark the change in the age of the character, and with Jamie, his hair and facial hair seem the most obvious choice. 

He did indeed get a haircut, and I'm devastated. Unless of course, it goes back to the look of Pilot!Jaime. Then I wilna fash m'self. As for longer hair, I'm hoping they'll just do the clip on extensions (as the real ones tend to damage one's hair, I've heard). No wigs for MY Sam!

1 hour ago, Grashka said:

Well Caitriona Balfe just won BAFTA Scotland.

I think he looks very handsome with this new haircut but yeah, such short hair is not accurate for 18th century and it's not long enough for Jamie to have Ross Poldark-style of hairdo, so I expect some sort of extension. So far other actors, including the young man playing Lord John, wear wigs but who knows.

Cwm010cW8AA_KQ9.jpg

❤️?❤️?❤️?❤️?❤️?

??????????

What a pretty, pretty man.  I hope they do extensions or a wig or something for him for the show because it was clear that he couldn't stand his hair long - he never knew what to do with it and, as a result, it usually looked awful because he'd try to tame it instead of letting its gloriousness be free.  

• Love 1
17 hours ago, WatchrTina said:

Though I have to say it is TOO EARLY for ads featuring the chopping down of a Christmas tree.

For UKers, it's right on time. The holiday season starts early there because of the lack of Thanksgiving. It is in Canada too, but the Brits really enjoy the lead up. There are commercials, ads, lights, and specials from early November onward.

Spoiler

Ignore the spoiler bar. Its there by accident and I can't get rid of it!

He's definitely had a hair cut. There have been a few pics both from fans who've bumped into him in the street and a few events (such as him being announced president of Bloodwise, Scotland) where his hair is shorter (but curly, he's obviously hit the GHDs for the BAFTAS). There have also been pics from set where he has much longer hair so they must be using hair pieces.

Entertainment Weekly's "Best of 2016" issue arrived yesterday with a bare-chested Jamie featured prominently on the cover.  (It is, alas, a photo from Season 2, Episode 1 and the hair, oh dear, the hair is not looking its best.)

I eagerly dove into the issue in bed last night and . . . was disappointed.  But then I considered how fragmented the TV market is these days and the fact that this issue covers not just TV but also movies, music, books, stage and even podcasts and games for a whole year.  In that context let's review:

1. Jamie (Sam) is prominently displayed on the cover,
  2. A cartoon of Outlander is the "O" in the best/worst alphabet on pages 12/13,
  3. Claire (Cait) is shown in "The Red Dress" in a bit that highlights costumes made up of every color in the rainbow, and
  4. Outlander (with a photo of Jamie/Claire) is the first show highlighted in a short feature on the popularity of time-travel stories.

That's actually a lot of attention given the enormous breadth of what they wanted to cover in the issue. Do I wish Outlander had been named as one of the featured 10 best TV shows of the year? Of course I do.  Do I wish Sam & Cait had been featured as entertainers of the year?  Of course I do (though as a Deadpool fan I can't fault them for picking Ryan Reynolds).  In a minute I'll be heading over to the People's Choice award website to vote just a few more times for Outlander as Best TV Show and for Sam & Cait in the SciFi/Fantasy actor categories (join me, won't you?)  But for Outlander to have gotten four (4!) mentions in the issue is actually pretty great.

I know that some of you listen to the Scot and the Sassenach podcasts of series episodes and their chapter discussion of the books.  Alistair Stephens announced today that he and Lani are divorcing and that she will keep Storywonk.  He mentioned that he will keep doing some podcasts in which he is currently involved but Outlander was not one of them.  I don't know if Lani will keep Outlander on her radar.

Yeah, I've been following their reading of Voyager and looks like we'll be stuck forever at chapter 58. Of course, I'll go on with my re-reading. There is another podcast that covers reading the books, as well as other things. But, I don't think it's quite as critical in a literate way, as the Scot and the  Sassenach. Haven't really listened to much of it. It's called "The Outlander Podcast" and they're up to chapter 19 ... so a way bit behind.

http://www.outlanderpod.com/

Was it in a podcast that they announced their divorce? I'm a little behind and can't find what you're referring to. That's sad, I liked listening to the two of them together and they must have put on a good act because I'd never have known there were issues from listening to them.

No on Twitter.  Alastair made the announcement then Lani followed up with her own statement.  I'm still so surprised, and really sorry to hear.  Surprised at how strong my reaction was since I don't personally know them.  I guess I've come to love several of their podcasts and love how they are together.  Funny how it gets to feel like you know people, even when you really don't.  Again, I wish them well with whatever they choose to do as they move on with their lives.  

I've tried a few other outlander podcasts but never have found one that I enjoy or stick with.  I'm hoping maybe Lani continues with Outlander.  

Edited by morgan
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Glade said:

September?? That's famine, not drought!  And Ron Moore kept hinting in the Outlander podcasts for S2 that S3 might air somehow even earlier then the usual April premier. 

I keep seeing people say this but it's been obvious for a long time that this wasn't going to happen.