Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E07: Into The Lion's Den

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, brillia79 said:

If the whole point is to be away from her family with no checks on his (at no time outside of Sunday’s episode was he setting boundaries with his family - He was even lying about the money he was sending and got called on it by Lydia), then yes, isolate her from her family. I said what I said.

I’ve given enough examples of Pedro’s own toxic family, how he capitulates to them, and how he does not back up Chantel. Enough to show that she is not the only one who is failing at cleaving unto her spouse.

We know Chantel makes enough money to sponsor a K1 visa for Pedro. Per Paul, that’s around $26000 minimum. I believe Chantel has even mentioned picking up the slack when Pedro sends too much home. Maybe she wants to make sure the rent and utilities are covered for the month with both their funds. She wanted a 1 bedroom apartment. Maybe she wants savings. Perhaps money to put towards buying a home. But yes, let’s just boil it down to hair weaves and lashes. Never mind the things young married couples often save towards while building their futures together. Acknowledging that would make it too hard to absolve Pedro 100% while making Chantel out to be a shrew.

Who actually even knows how much money he sends? He’s already lied to her before. And TVs, laptops, clothes, toiletries, shipping, rent, utilities, food, etc. cost more than $200.

What was confusing about Pedro’s opportunistic solutions to their marital woes? This is what he was proposing during the Savannah trip: cut off her family, but let his family keep running roughshod over them. That is not a decent solution for both of them. That’s all for his benefit. Opportunistic. Because I said what I said.

Actually I think it was Pedro who pulled the plug on moving to Savannah. He said as long as Chantel has the same mindset that he is the cause of all the problems with her family, then it doesn’t matter where they live, the problems will remain. 

• Love 4
21 minutes ago, iwasish said:

Actually I think it was Pedro who pulled the plug on moving to Savannah. He said as long as Chantel has the same mindset that he is the cause of all the problems with her family, then it doesn’t matter where they live, the problems will remain. 

That doesn’t change anything I said. I also never said Chantel pulled the plug in Savannah. I’m pretty sure I’ve been saying that moving to Savannah would in fact, not fix their marriage. He’s not the cause of all their problems. Nor is Chantel. Nor is Chantel’s family. His own family and his own mindset are also contributing factors. Neither is willing to get their shit together and compromise/put on a united front, so if they both suffer, it’s with their own contributions.

But it is in no way all Chantel’s fault. No matter how much people don’t like her.

• Love 4
(edited)
3 hours ago, brillia79 said:

If the whole point is to be away from her family with no checks on his (at no time outside of Sunday’s episode was he setting boundaries with his family - He was even lying about the money he was sending and got called on it by Lydia), then yes, isolate her from her family. I said what I said.

I’ve given enough examples of Pedro’s own toxic family, how he capitulates to them, and how he does not back up Chantel. Enough to show that she is not the only one who is failing at cleaving unto her spouse.

We know Chantel makes enough money to sponsor a K1 visa for Pedro. Per Paul, that’s around $26000 minimum. I believe Chantel has even mentioned picking up the slack when Pedro sends too much home. Maybe she wants to make sure the rent and utilities are covered for the month with both their funds. She wanted a 1 bedroom apartment. Maybe she wants savings. Perhaps money to put towards buying a home. But yes, let’s just boil it down to hair weaves and lashes. Never mind the things young married couples often save towards while building their futures together. Acknowledging that would make it too hard to absolve Pedro 100% while making Chantel out to be a shrew.

Who actually even knows how much money he sends? He’s already lied to her before. And TVs, laptops, clothes, toiletries, shipping, rent, utilities, food, etc. cost more than $200.

What was confusing about Pedro’s opportunistic solutions to their marital woes? This is what he was proposing during the Savannah trip: cut off her family, but let his family keep running roughshod over them. That is not a decent solution for both of them. That’s all for his benefit. Opportunistic. Because I said what I said.

You are not isolated from your family when you live four hours away from them.  But you're not going to always be around them.  I live a good six hour drive from my family and do not consider myself isolated from them. To me that assertion makes no sense.

What boundaries do they need to set on Pedro's family?  He barely sees them.  At no time did he say Chantal couldn't talk to her family by phone, though if she is busy as he is busy neither could likely be on the phone an excessive amount if they moved to Savannah.

So far the only example has been that Pedro sends money and Chantal doesn't like it.  He sure did back up Chantal by leaving with her and not staying.  Which Chantal did not have the courtesy to do after the fight.  So no, i don't see Pedro and chantal on the same plane at all.  Not even close.

The money for bills/rent should be automatically deducted and this can easily be set up.  

What's clear is that Pedro isn't going to stop sending $200 a month to placate Chantal.  I'm sure her big boobs have gotten her a lot of concessions because she seems like a miserable shrew otherwise, but this isn't going to be one of them. 

If she wanted a house it's a LOT less expensive in Savannah.  If she wanted a one bedroom place it's a lot less expensive in Savannah.  If she was assidiously watching her coins she wouldn't buy a ticket to someplace where no one wants her and then demand to stay in a hotel that costs money.  But oh...I forgot, the money is only of prime importance when someone else has a say in how it's spent besides Chantal.

There was nothing opportunistic in Pedro's solution other than he had the opportunity to take his wife four hours away from her toxic family and remove himself from a situation where he is always being shit on, and if he dares to stand up for himself he is nagged to death by Chantal about how wrong he is and everything is his fault and he should apologize to river and show up for Thanksgiving?????

He doesn't want to be around them and I don't blame him, even a little.  I don't blame Chantal for not wanting to be around Pedro's family.  Which is why no one invited her to the DR and she was begged not to come. At this point his family never wants to visit and so his only way to see him is to go to the DR. 

So is he never allowed to see his family ever?  Chantal doesn't want to be around his family, it's less expensive for him to fly out there rather than fly his family out and rent a hotel.  But there is Chantal, showing up where no one wanted her to be and generally being a miserable shrew.

Pedro rarely sees his family and only sends them a monthly check.  He probably doesn't have time to always be on the phone with them.  Neither Lidia or Nicole seem nearly as involved as family Chantal.  This is one of the few times they get to be with him, and guess who shows up and ruins everything?  Oh and this is going to save her marriage because.....boobies?

Chantals proximity to her family invites all sorts of "get togethers" and "gatherings" that Chantal constantly pressures Pedro into attending and then he has to deal with getting shit on.  And then, being told he is at fault when he dares to stand up for himself and refuses to be disrespected!

of course they are going to always invite him!  It's their golden opportunity to have him captive while they gaslight and shit all over him and river 'is just asking questions, because I'm allowed to ask questions." And if he says anything he is ganged up on and Chantal goes mute.  They get zero points in my book for inviting Pedro because they were only doing it so they could be assholes.  And I'm sure it was a giant letdown when he put his foot down and refused to oblige them.

Chantals family will keep creating events so they can have an opportunity to shit on Pedro.  Chantal will keep trying to get Pedro to go, and be upset when he doesn't because apparently he is suppose to enjoy getting shit on and not stand up for himself.  Chantal knows damn well she will never stand up for Pedro, and so if she has a chance to remove herself from that, she should have taken it.  But she didn't because she has no interest in saving her marriage 

Being four hours away creates fewer situations for these forced family meetings.  Because Pedro's family lives thousands of miles away these gatherings don't happen.  And frankly Pedro is smart enough not to force situations where they are likely to happen which is why he told Chantal not.to come. 

But of course she did, because she enjoys making her husband as miserable as humanly possible.

Edited by RealReality
  • Love 14

The Pedro-Chantal marriage is so depressing that I don’t know what TLC was thinking in giving them a spin-off.  At least on the regular shows we get small doses.  Unrelenting dysfunction will make for dismal tv.

• Love 15
13 minutes ago, Spike said:

The Pedro-Chantal marriage is so depressing that I don’t know what TLC was thinking in giving them a spin-off.  At least on the regular shows we get small doses.  Unrelenting dysfunction will make for dismal tv.

I was just thinking about this the other day.  It's like we've literally watched their marriage fall apart before our eyes.  Sometimes it seems more like an episode of Black mirror.

• Love 8
6 hours ago, RealReality said:

You are not isolated from your family when you live four hours away from them.  But you're not going to always be around them.  I live a good six hour drive from my family and do not consider myself isolated from them. To me that assertion makes no sense.

What boundaries do they need to set on Pedro's family?  He barely sees them.  At no time did he say Chantal couldn't talk to her family by phone, though if she is busy as he is busy neither could likely be on the phone an excessive amount if they moved to Savannah.

So far the only example has been that Pedro sends money and Chantal doesn't like it.  He sure did back up Chantal by leaving with her and not staying.  Which Chantal did not have the courtesy to do after the fight.  So no, i don't see Pedro and chantal on the same plane at all.  Not even close.

The money for bills/rent should be automatically deducted and this can easily be set up.  

What's clear is that Pedro isn't going to stop sending $200 a month to placate Chantal.  I'm sure her big boobs have gotten her a lot of concessions because she seems like a miserable shrew otherwise, but this isn't going to be one of them. 

If she wanted a house it's a LOT less expensive in Savannah.  If she wanted a one bedroom place it's a lot less expensive in Savannah.  If she was assidiously watching her coins she wouldn't buy a ticket to someplace where no one wants her and then demand to stay in a hotel that costs money.  But oh...I forgot, the money is only of prime importance when someone else has a say in how it's spent besides Chantal.

There was nothing opportunistic in Pedro's solution other than he had the opportunity to take his wife four hours away from her toxic family and remove himself from a situation where he is always being shit on, and if he dares to stand up for himself he is nagged to death by Chantal about how wrong he is and everything is his fault and he should apologize to river and show up for Thanksgiving?????

He doesn't want to be around them and I don't blame him, even a little.  I don't blame Chantal for not wanting to be around Pedro's family.  Which is why no one invited her to the DR and she was begged not to come. At this point his family never wants to visit and so his only way to see him is to go to the DR. 

So is he never allowed to see his family ever?  Chantal doesn't want to be around his family, it's less expensive for him to fly out there rather than fly his family out and rent a hotel.  But there is Chantal, showing up where no one wanted her to be and generally being a miserable shrew.

Pedro rarely sees his family and only sends them a monthly check.  He probably doesn't have time to always be on the phone with them.  Neither Lidia or Nicole seem nearly as involved as family Chantal.  This is one of the few times they get to be with him, and guess who shows up and ruins everything?  Oh and this is going to save her marriage because.....boobies?

Chantals proximity to her family invites all sorts of "get togethers" and "gatherings" that Chantal constantly pressures Pedro into attending and then he has to deal with getting shit on.  And then, being told he is at fault when he dares to stand up for himself and refuses to be disrespected!

of course they are going to always invite him!  It's their golden opportunity to have him captive while they gaslight and shit all over him and river 'is just asking questions, because I'm allowed to ask questions." And if he says anything he is ganged up on and Chantal goes mute.  They get zero points in my book for inviting Pedro because they were only doing it so they could be assholes.  And I'm sure it was a giant letdown when he put his foot down and refused to oblige them.

Chantals family will keep creating events so they can have an opportunity to shit on Pedro.  Chantal will keep trying to get Pedro to go, and be upset when he doesn't because apparently he is suppose to enjoy getting shit on and not stand up for himself.  Chantal knows damn well she will never stand up for Pedro, and so if she has a chance to remove herself from that, she should have taken it.  But she didn't because she has no interest in saving her marriage 

Being four hours away creates fewer situations for these forced family meetings.  Because Pedro's family lives thousands of miles away these gatherings don't happen.  And frankly Pedro is smart enough not to force situations where they are likely to happen which is why he told Chantal not.to come. 

But of course she did, because she enjoys making her husband as miserable as humanly possible.

What’s nonsensical is the continued referencing of Chantel’s boobies as the cause of their financial strife. What. Do. Chantel’s. Tits. Have. To. Do. With. This? Does their maintenance cost $200 (yeah right) a month? Do they send expensive goods and electronics to the DR? Are they starting an Azan-style business in the DR? Are they the cause of extra money going out of the household?

Pedro can be in Atlanta and not attend family events. He’s been doing just fine with that. He can also be in Savannah and not attend family events. He has proven that Chantel can’t force him to go where he absolutely does not want to go. He’s a big boy now! But the point of Savannah was to get Chantel away from her family. Point. Blank. Period. Putting on blinders won’t change that reality. Nor will it address the many ways in which Pedro's family Interferes in his marriage in ways very similar to Family Chantel, but with a financial bonus. So again, just because they don’t live nearby does not mean they aren’t a constant toxic presence.

But I guess it’s not ok for Chantel’s family to create events (Thanksgiving) to make Pedro look bad for not going, while Lydia can tell Pedro Chantal is not welcome in a household she financially supports... but Pedro insists Chantel go to the apartment to talk to Lydia - who hates Chantel sooooo much that Pedro “valiantly” had to keep them separate for her own protection.

And why hasn’t Pedro ended the misery with his titty-having wife by filing for divorce? He could’ve done that before going to visit his family and let all Nicole’s titty-having (this is a thing now) friends grind on him. Chantel can’t have him deported at this point. Maybe he needs her for something? Like shared income. Maybe it’s something else. Perhaps I should look over at the spoiler threads to determine why a man with a miserable shrew wife hasn’t left her yet. 

• Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, brillia79 said:

What’s nonsensical is the continued referencing of Chantel’s boobies as the cause of their financial strife. What. Do. Chantel’s. Tits. Have. To. Do. With. This? Does their maintenance cost $200 (yeah right) a month? Do they send expensive goods and electronics to the DR? Are they starting an Azan-style business in the DR? Are they the cause of extra money going out of the household?

Pedro can be in Atlanta and not attend family events. He’s been doing just fine with that. He can also be in Savannah and not attend family events. He has proven that Chantel can’t force him to go where he absolutely does not want to go. He’s a big boy now! But the point of Savannah was to get Chantel away from her family. Point. Blank. Period. Putting on blinders won’t change that reality. Nor will it address the many ways in which Pedro's family Interferes in his marriage in ways very similar to Family Chantel, but with a financial bonus. So again, just because they don’t live nearby does not mean they aren’t a constant toxic presence.

But I guess it’s not ok for Chantel’s family to create events (Thanksgiving) to make Pedro look bad for not going, while Lydia can tell Pedro Chantal is not welcome in a household she financially supports... but Pedro insists Chantel go to the apartment to talk to Lydia - who hates Chantel sooooo much that Pedro “valiantly” had to keep them separate for her own protection.

And why hasn’t Pedro ended the misery with his titty-having wife by filing for divorce? He could’ve done that before going to visit his family and let all Nicole’s titty-having (this is a thing now) friends grind on him. Chantel can’t have him deported at this point. Maybe he needs her for something? Like shared income. Maybe it’s something else. Perhaps I should look over at the spoiler threads to determine why a man with a miserable shrew wife hasn’t left her yet. 

I never said that Chantals boobies are the cause of financial strife because it doesn't seem like they are in financial strife.  

But I certainly think that Chantal uses her boobies to try to get her way, which is why they were prominently displayed to visit Lidia.

So far, he has put his foot down on ONE event...which he was nagged and bothered for not attending.  And we already heard Chantal in the car saying that because she was so magnanimous in going to Lidia's when no one wanted her in the DR in the first place that she expected that Pedro would make the same "effort" with her family.  So she is already planning to bother, nag and bully him into spending more time with her family.  And she will nag and whine and nag and whine until she gets him back over there so he can be a captive victim for her family.  Savannah would greatly reduce these "family gatherings"

So far youve said that family Pedro interferes in "many ways," but they don't even have much of an opportunity to do so.  They are thousands of miles away and probably in a different time zone.  They can't physically be around them and it's unlikely Pedro can talk to them all the time, so I don't see it.  And I don't see how the two can be equated.

It would be absolutely ridiculous for Chantal to show up in the DR...unwanted by all and then insist she cannot see Lidia.  And no one made that a necessity but chantal and her need to make everyone miserable by showing up where she wasn't wanted.  Lidia didn't create an event to take a dump on her...Chantal showed up for....reasons..... and if she hadn't she wouldnt have had to see Lidia.  But how can you show up to the DR, in the same area where your husband is visiting his family and not see his family?  

He should leave her and I hope he does.  But the tears she cries are the ones she deserves and the ones she has earned.

Edited by RealReality
  • Love 11
6 minutes ago, RealReality said:

So far youve said that family Pedro interferes in "many ways," but they don't even have much of an opportunity to do so.  They are thousands of miles away and probably in a different time zone.  They can't physically be around them and it's unlikely Pedro can talk to them all the time, so I don't see it.  And I don't see how the two can be equated.

It would be absolutely ridiculous for Chantal to show up in the DR...unwanted by all and then insist she cannot see Lidia.  And no one made that a necessity but chantal and her need to make everyone miserable by showing up where she wasn't wanted.  Lidia didn't create an event to take a dump on her...Chantal showed up for....reasons..... and if she hadn't she wouldnt have had to see Lidia.  But how can you show up to the DR, in the same area where your husband is visiting his family and not see his family?  

He should leave her and I hope he does.  But the tears she cries are the ones she deserves and the ones she has earned.

The DR and Atlanta are both in the Eastern time zone.  It's also pretty much free to call the Caribbean on most major carriers and there are a ton of apps that allow you to communicate via text internationally for free.  These people are are in constant communication with each other, so the constant demands for money and constant jabs at Pedro about Chantal absolutely exist.  And Chantal didn't insist on seeing Lydia.  She was more than happy to park her ass at a hotel to make sure Pedro wasn't cheating on her or spending their joint money on a scammy business. Pedro and Lydia insisted she come over to the House Lydia That Chantal Pays For.  And you can easily show up and not see his family - it's called IGNORE THEM AND DON'T SEE THEM or, ya know, stay at a hotel and do the tourist thing.    

I'll agree with you that these two need a divorce badly, but you're coming down hard on Chantal when there's plenty of culpability to go around to nearly every single member of both their families, and Chantal and Pedro especially.  

• Love 2

Reminder: 

Posters are allowed to come down on Chantel/Pedro/anyone else as much as they'd like.  This is a snark site and everyone on the show gets a pretty even amount of shit from us for how stupid/annoying/hideous they are. (Particularly this season where it seems the only innocent castmembers are still embryos.)

What's not allowed is disparaging other Primetimer members for their comments.  Feel free to disagree, but do so civilly.

• Love 11
(edited)
16 minutes ago, Lemur said:

The DR and Atlanta are both in the Eastern time zone.  It's also pretty much free to call the Caribbean on most major carriers and there are a ton of apps that allow you to communicate via text internationally for free.  These people are are in constant communication with each other, so the constant demands for money and constant jabs at Pedro about Chantal absolutely exist.  And Chantal didn't insist on seeing Lydia.  She was more than happy to park her ass at a hotel to make sure Pedro wasn't cheating on her or spending their joint money on a scammy business. Pedro and Lydia insisted she come over to the House Lydia That Chantal Pays For.  And you can easily show up and not see his family - it's called IGNORE THEM AND DON'T SEE THEM or, ya know, stay at a hotel and do the tourist thing.    

I'll agree with you that these two need a divorce badly, but you're coming down hard on Chantal when there's plenty of culpability to go around to nearly every single member of both their families, and Chantal and Pedro especially.  

So he is suppose to cut short his visit that was primarily to visit friends and family in his home country...ignore then and do the "tourist thing?" Because Chantal showed up where no one wanted her?   And not see his family who is in the same area?  To me, that's nonsensical and worse than what actually happened.   Of course Lidia is going to want to talk to Chantal....and you know how this all could have been avoided......if Chantal had stayed home, as she was begged to do.

I see no evidence of constant jabs and both Chantal and Pedro should have too much to do to really get too far into it over the phone or text.  And I think this is true with both of them and both families. 

The problems arise when they are forced into each other's company.  Pedro knows that his family doesn't like Chantal and he does everything to keep them apart.  Chantal knows her family doesn't like Pedro and will do everything to force them together.  And then get upset when he doesn't want to be shit on.  Pedro did everything he could to keep Chantal from his family without making her look downright rude.  Which is what it is, IMO, if you interrupt someone's visit with their family and then drag then away from their family and refuse to say hello.

how was staying in a hotel going to ensure he wasn't spending their money?  If she is that worried about it.....consult the PI because it's much easier and would cause less drama than what she did.  It would also get her a real answer.

Had Pedro not done all he could to get Chantal to not come, I would side eye him too.  But he is between a rock and a hard place.  And Chantal made that no easier by showing up, being miserable, and making him leave the house.   Whatever she can find out in the DR she can find out in the states.  Her friend could have told her whatever over the phone.

Edited by RealReality
  • Love 6

Pedro was gone barely a week before Chantel got her ass over to the DR. I don’t see what the rush was.  Her parents told her not to go, with hints that “something” could happen to her. But she wants to go, so she gets her friends to fire her up about all the sneaky things Pedro might be up to.

Instead of going there with the idea of reconciliation and starting over with his mother and sister, she goes with a list of demands. 

After the shit  hits the fan, she cries about how it was a mistake to go there and she might have made things worse. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, RealReality said:

Whatever she can find out in the DR she can find out in the states.  Her friend could have told her whatever over the phone.

I haven't watched the episode yet.  Did she meet with Obed in DR to find out what scandalous shit Pedro was doing the he just HAD to tell her in person?

• Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, Lemur said:

It’s like we didn’t watch Pedro’s group of friends know everything about their relationship, disparage Chantel, encourage him to take off his wedding ring and dance with Nicole’s thirsty friend’s legs wrapped around him. 

Its like I’m supposed to act like I don’t know a flight to Santo Domingo from Atlanta only about 3 hours and the cost of a ticket likely less than what Pedro sends home in a month. Or even worse, that Pedro can only communicate with his family once a month by carrier pigeon. Google, WiFi, Skype, FaceTime, WhatsApp, and various other free forms of  long distance communication and search engines apparently never happened. I live clear across the country from my family. And yet, I can still talk to them multiple times a week. While working 40+ hours a week. And we aren’t even in the same time zone. 

But again, women are always held to a much higher standard, branded as manipulative harpies wielding their boobies for power (never mind those same boobies haven’t been able to stop Pedro from sending money or force him to engage with Family Chantel against his will), and blamed for everything wrong in their relationships - even as we watch the husbands engage in the exact same behaviors or worse (Andrei).

Edited by brillia79
  • Love 5
(edited)

So he is suppose to cut short his visit that was primarily to visit friends and family in his home country...ignore then and do the "tourist thing?" Because Chantal showed up where no one wanted her?   And not see his family who is in the same area?  To me, that's nonsensical and worse than what actually happened.   Of course Lidia is going to want to talk to Chantal....and you know how this all could have been avoided......if Chantal had stayed home, as she was begged to do.

I see no evidence of constant jabs and both Chantal and Pedro should have too much to do to really get too far into it over the phone or text.  And I think this is true with both of them and both families. 

The problems arise when they are forced into each other's company.  Pedro knows that his family doesn't like Chantal and he does everything to keep them apart.  Chantal knows her family doesn't like Pedro and will do everything to force them together.  And then get upset when he doesn't want to be shit on.  Pedro did everything he could to keep Chantal from his family without making her look downright rude.  Which is what it is, IMO, if you interrupt someone's visit with their family and then drag then away from their family and refuse to say hello.

how was staying in a hotel going to ensure he wasn't spending their money?  If she is that worried about it.....consult the PI because it's much easier and would cause less drama than what she did.  It would also get her a real answer.

Had Pedro not done all he could to get Chantal to not come, I would side eye him too.  But he is between a rock and a hard place.  And Chantal made that no easier by showing up, being miserable, and making him leave the house.   Whatever she can find out in the DR she can find out in the states.  Her friend could have told her whatever over the phone.

You know how else it could have been avoided?  If Pedro didn't decide he was taking an open-ended "vacation" of undetermined length with no return plane ticket.   As for having "too much to do", are you not aware that people their age live on their phones?  There's always time for texts. You say you see no evidence?  There's a mini-war constantly raging between all parties involved, none of the icy coldness of people ignoring each other.  And if the problems arise when forced into the company of their families, why is Pedro insisting Chantal see Lydia?  Stop acting like Pedro had three hours with his family to catch up and spend time with them before Chantal stormed their house.  He'd been there for a week.  He said he was going to "do a business" (whatever the hell that means) and had no return plane ticket or real reason to return.  And how would consulting the PI would cause "less drama"?  Did you miss the blow up the *last* time the PI got involved?  Also, Chantal would have to pay him for his lodging and travel as well as a fee for his services; it's cheaper to just go herself.  Pedro's between a rock and a hard place all right, but he's also in a situation of his own making.  He does nothing to make it easier on himself, he's equally miserable, and quite frankly, after what we saw of him at the club and what Obed said, I would have gone down there too - after I'd opened a new bank account in my name only and transferred all the funds into it.  

12 minutes ago, Kroliosis said:

I haven't watched the episode yet.  Did she meet with Obed in DR to find out what scandalous shit Pedro was doing the he just HAD to tell her in person?

She Facetimed him. 

Edited by Lemur
  • Love 4
10 minutes ago, brillia79 said:

It’s like we didn’t watch Pedro’s group of friends know everything about their relationship, disparage Chantel, encourage him to take off his wedding ring and dance with Nicole’s thirsty friend’s legs wrapped around him. 

Its like I’m supposed to act like I don’t know a flight to Santo Domingo from Atlanta only about 3 hours and the cost of a ticket likely less than what Pedro sends home in a month. Or even worse, that Pedro can only communicate with his family once a month by carrier pigeon. Google, WiFi, Skype, FaceTime, WhatsApp, and various other free forms of  long distance communication and search engines apparently never happened. I live clear across the country from my family. And yet, I can still talk to them multiple times a week. While working 40+ hours a week. And we aren’t even in the same time zone. 

But again, women are always held to a much higher standard, branded as manipulative harpies wielding their boobies for power (never mind those same boobies haven’t been able to stop Pedro from sending money or force him to engage with Family Chantel against his will), and blamed for everything wrong in their relationships - even as we watch the husbands engage in the exact same behaviors or worse (Andrei).

Also, Chantal's supposed to hire a PI (who charges around the same thing as a lawyer - retainer, services, travel lodging) to go down there so it doesn't make things worse.  As if hiring a PI could in fact make anything better ...

• Love 1
Just now, Lemur said:

You know how else it could have been avoided?  If Pedro didn't decide he was taking an open-ended "vacation" of undetermined length with no return plane ticket.   As for having "too much to do", are you not aware that people their age live on their phones?  There's always time for texts. You say you see no evidence?  There's a mini-war constantly raging between all parties involved, none of the icy coldness of people ignoring each other.  And if the problems arise when forced into the company of their families, why is Pedro insisting Chantal see Lydia?  Stop acting like Pedro had three hours with his family to catch up and spend time with them before Chantal stormed their house.  He'd been there for a week.  He said he was going to "do a business" (whatever the hell that means) and had no return plane ticket or real reason to return.  And how would consulting the PI would cause "less drama"?  Did you miss the blow up the *last* time the PI got involved?  Also, Chantal would have to pay him for his lodging and travel as well as a fee for his services; it's cheaper to just go herself.  Pedro's between a rock and a hard place all right, but he's also in a situation of his own making.  He does nothing to make it easier on himself, he's equally miserable, and quite frankly, after what we saw of him at the club and what Obed said, I would have gone down there too.  

She Facetimed him. 

So Pedro can never visit his family?  This is what people from different cultures do, my own included.  I don't even believe she asked him on the phone when he was coming back, she just proclaimed that she was coming in spite of being told and begged not to.  Instead she chose to show up and be miserable.

Pedro is insisting that Chantal see Lidia because it's too weird any other way.  Why would Pedro do "tourist" stuff in the DR?  It makes no sense to interrupt someone's vacation with their family and then refuse to see their family.  It's a recipe for disaster either way, but the only one who forced that situation was Chantal by showing up where she wasn't wanted....very specifically.....NOT WANTED.  Her showing up, demanding that Pedro leave the house and then not see Lidia when she is so nearby seems patently bizarre to me.  She isn't in the DR everyday and she specifically horned in on a vacation that Pedro had to visit with family.  

If Chantal was that concerned about the money, use the PI on the sly.  It's much less dramatic than showing up where no one wants you and making everyone miserable...and it'll get you the answers you want.  Easy peasy, much easier and less dramatic than showing up and being a nuisance and a nag.

Umm, if you're working, which Pedro and chantal are...or going to school you should not and do not have time to carry on in depth phone or text conversations.  And I think this holds true for people of anyone or any age doing real work.  Which warehouse work is and whatever nursing Chantal does.

You'd have to pay a PI nearby for his lodging?  And even if you did apparently the American dollar goes much further so the prices are likely very reasonable for a PI.  And I suspect that if family Chantal thought that anything could be sussed out by going to the DR it would have been a family vacation....but even they knew that this was a poor idea.

...nevertheless...she persisted.

6 minutes ago, Lemur said:

Also, Chantal's supposed to hire a PI (who charges around the same thing as a lawyer - retainer, services, travel lodging) to go down there so it doesn't make things worse.  As if hiring a PI could in fact make anything better ...

If she is dying to know what business Pedro is up to and suspects it's shady...she a) isn't going to find anything out in a DR hotel room and b) should leave it to a DR PI who probably is cost effective and will get her solid Intel.

Why would she hire a local PI to go anywhere, hire someone down there who knows the lay of the land.

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, Lemur said:

Like when Family Chantel wanted to hire a PI and Chantel wouldn’t go along with it. But Chantel never ever ever ever defends Pedro: life, light and truth.

Damned if you do, damned if you don’t. Like the bitch eating crackers meme.

• Love 2
(edited)
41 minutes ago, RealReality said:

Umm, if you're working, which Pedro and chantal are...or going to school you should not and do not have time to carry on in depth phone or text conversations.  And I think this holds true for people of anyone or any age doing real work.  Which warehouse work is and whatever nursing Chantal does.

I’ve worked and gone to school at the same time. I graduated with honors and still had time to communicate with family, go out with friends, etc. And while working full-time (yes it was real work), I spent months studying for industry credential exams. I still had time to talk to my family on the other side of the country regularly throughout the week.

Communication isn’t that complicated. It doesn’t have to take long or be costly either. It’s even easier in modern times than ever before. Technology is great.

If Pedro were as busy as you say he should be with his “real work,” he wouldn’t have time to film a reality tv show. A quick video chat takes less time than a trip to Western Union to send money.

Edited by brillia79
  • Love 3

So Pedro can never visit his family? 

Of course he should.  But one doesn’t leave without a return date and act shady about it.  The proper thing to do is say I’m going for a week.  Coming back on this flight.   Will miss you and love you.   

When it comes to the DR, Pedro shares nothing with his wife.  He acts like he’s not married.  That’s the problem.  And that’s not ok. 

• Love 2
(edited)

I'll dump on Chantel more than Pepi, b/c she started all the lying to her family and sorta let him take the fall for that like it was his idea.  The whole storyline of her family hating and not trusting Pedro began with her lying to them about the reason he was even here in America.  Several times he expressed concern over not telling the truth to them but Chantel was insistent that they keep it up- he was here on a student visa and was only her boyfriend.  Then surprise!!!! she told them like 2 days before they got married that they had to get married so he could stay b/c he was here on a K1 visa.  Maybe he didn't fully understand the situationat that point to explain in English but it totally looked like she let her family believe that this was all his idea and she was just innocent little ceair in all of it and Pedro orchestrated the whole thing.  And this has been the pattern for their whole marriage over most every issue.  Her family believes everything is all his fault because he totally has devious motives and she lets them believe that.  And she wonders why Pedro doesn't totally trust her with everything.

Edited by doyouevengohere
  • Love 12
19 minutes ago, LGGirl said:

Of course he should.  But one doesn’t leave without a return date and act shady about it.  The proper thing to do is say I’m going for a week.  Coming back on this flight.   Will miss you and love you.   

When it comes to the DR, Pedro shares nothing with his wife.  He acts like he’s not married.  That’s the problem.  And that’s not ok. 

Since it's not an abnormal thing to do in many cultures I don't per se see anything fishy about it. 

You're staying with family and visiting....maybe you get tired of them in a week, maybe a month, maybe two months.   So you leave the return flight open.

Frankly, this used to be the way it was in the American south.  When I visited Savannah we went on a tour, and the guide told us the story of why pineapples were such a theme.

Apparently, back in the day, when it was considered a distance to travel like 40-50 miles if someone was going to visit family/friends they would go for an undetermined amount of time.  But no one exactly knew how to tell the person that they should leave.  So, a visitor would bring two pineapples with them.

When your hosts ate the first pineapple you were on notice that you should probably start making plans to leave..and when they ate the second....you should be ready to go.

So open departure dates have been a thing, even here.  I don't think there is a right way to do this, there are just differences . And if Chantal needed a return date she should have pushed harder for one.  Maybe she could have had him book a return flight with a flexible ticket in case he wanted to come home earlier.

Why would he share anything about the DR with her?  She hates his family, most if his friends know his family, why invite that stress?  Everything he tells her she shares with her parents and then he ends up getting shit on.  He may be starting DR Amazon, but her family will make sure that they paint it into something nefarious just like they did at the cabin.  

• Love 3

I’ve worked and gone to school at the same time. I graduated with honors and still had time to communicate with family, go out with friends, etc. And while working full-time (yes it was real work), I spent months studying for industry credential exams. I still had time to talk to my family on the other side of the country regularly throughout the week.

Communication isn’t that complicated. It doesn’t have to take long or be costly either. It’s even easier in modern times than ever before. Technology is great.

If Pedro were as busy as you say he should be with his “real work,” he wouldn’t have time to film a reality tv show. A quick video chat takes less time than a trip to Western Union to send money.

I can't speak for you but I surely hope that someone working as a nurse isn't fiddling around on her phone while working and I hope someone working in a warehouse with heavy machinery isn't fiddling around on his phone while working because both would be irresponsible.

I worked full time and went to law school and I didn't have a bunch of time to be on the phone with family.  I still don't have more than a superficial conversation with them during work hours.  My brother is studying for the bar right now and I talk to him once a week.  Not because I can't, but because focusing on two things at once generally means you do both poorly or half ass.  

But, I don't have the type of job where I can half ass.  Neither does Pedro, neither does Chantal.

• Love 2
(edited)
25 minutes ago, doyouevengohere said:

I'll dump on Chantel more than Pepi, b/c she started all the lying to her family and sorta let him take the fall for that like it was his idea.  The whole storyline of her family hating and not trusting Pedro began with her lying to them about the reason he was even here in America.  Several times he expressed concern over not telling the truth to them but Chantel was insistent that they keep it up- he was here on a student visa and was only her boyfriend.  Then surprise!!!! she told them like 2 days before they got married that they had to get married so he could stay b/c he was here on a K1 visa.  Maybe he didn't fully understand the situationat that point to explain in English but it totally looked like she let her family believe that this was all his idea and she was just innocent little ceair in all of it and Pedro orchestrated the whole thing.  And this has been the pattern for their whole marriage over most every issue.  Her family believes everything is all his fault because he totally has devious motives and she lets them believe that.  And she wonders why Pedro doesn't totally trust her with everything.

I agree that it started with the lie about Pedro's student visa. I still don't understand how Chantel and Pedro thought that was a good idea. What did they think would happen? Pedro blamed Chantel for the fact that her family doesn't trust him because of that lie, but he did play along with it. It looked as if he was uncomfortable with lying to her family, but apparently he did not refuse to play along with Chantel's lie. 

Now they are at a point where everybody is just pointing fingers and blaming the other's family. Neither one is willing to accept any responsibility for their share in this mess. If Chantel hadn't run to her family complaining about Pedro every time she felt slighted or wronged, her parents might not think he's such a bad guy. Pedro seems to have done the same: telling his family that Chantel's family wants a pre-nup, that they don't trust him etc. What do people expect when they constantly complain about their spouses to their families and friends? They need to learn that there is such a thing as over-sharing. Same goes for Libby. 

Btw, i doubt the story of how Chantel and Pedro met. She wanted to learn / practice Spanish and thought the best way to do so was by facetiming a complete stranger in the DR? I would think that there are numerous simpler ways to practice Spanish in Atlanta. I think they met on a dating app and Chantel doesn't want to admit it, because gorgeous girls don't need dating apps, they have men swooning at their feet.

If any of this is real, they should find a counselor/mediator to see if they can save their marriage. If it's not real, Mother Chantel and Mother Pedro are probably video-chatting and laughing at us 🙂

Edited by Cini
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, Cini said:

If any of this is real, they should find a counselor/mediator to see if they can save their marriage. If it's not real, Mother Chantel and Mother Pedro are probably video-chatting and laughing at us 🙂

I think a lot of it is not real.

• Love 5

Like when Family Chantel wanted to hire a PI and Chantel wouldn’t go along with it. But Chantel never ever ever ever defends Pedro: life, light and truth.

Damned if you do, damned if you don’t. Like the bitch eating crackers meme.

If she is this concerned about Pedro doing something nefarious than her show of trust was just that....a show.

If she is going down there to figure out what Pedro is up to then she doesn't trust him and she should hire a local PI.  She certainly doesn't really have the tools to do so, and it would have created less of a mess.

But Chantal didn't really go down there to figure anything out.  She went down there to do what she did....make everyone miserable, most if all her husband.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Cini said:

I agree that it started with the lie about Pedro's student visa. I still don't understand how Chantel and Pedro thought that was a good idea. What did they think would happen? Pedro blamed Chantel for the fact that her family doesn't trust him because of that lie, but he did play along with it. It looked as if he was uncomfortable with lying to her family, but apparently he did not refuse to play along with Chantel's lie. 

Now they are at a point where everybody is just pointing fingers and blaming the other's family. Neither one is willing to accept any responsibility for their share in this mess. If Chantel hadn't run to her family complaining about Pedro every time she felt slighted or wronged, her parents might not think he's such a bad guy. Pedro seems to have done the same: telling his family that Chantel's family wants a pre-nup, that they don't trust him etc. What do people expect when they constantly complain about their spouses to their families and friends? They need to learn that there is such a thing as over-sharing. Same goes for Libby. 

Btw, i doubt the story of how Chantel and Pedro met. She wanted to learn / practice Spanish and thought the best way to do so was by facetiming a complete stranger in the DR? I would think that there are numerous ways to practice Spanish in Atlanta. I think they met on a dating app and Chantel doesn't want to admit it, because "gorgeous girls" don't need dating apps, they have all men swooning at their feet.

Their story was a "friend" (Obed??????) introduced the two b/c she was looking for a tutor.  I believe they met on a dating app as well!  Pedro was looking for love in what was to be his new homeland and Chantel wanted a cute guy to practice speaking Spanish with.  That said I think their story had foundations in truth- they truly loved one another and wanted to be together, thus the K1.  Whatever her family's involvment in this , I think they chose to see how they could manipulate the situation to be breakout reality stars or to get River exposure so he could live the dream of a famous rapper (hahhaha all day LONG).  They harvested the Merican dollar right off the backs of their daughter's relationship.

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, RealReality said:

Id like that.  It has been weirdly voyuerisitic to  to watch a marriage fall apart on TV.

Same.  And not just this marriage but well, almost all of them.  Elizabeth and Andrrrrei is also toxic.  

(edited)

Everything he tells her she shares with her parents and then he ends up getting shit on. 

He does the exact same thing to Chantel. Tells his family and friends everything that goes on between them (probably by phone or something), and they shit on her.

Even Jeff Bezos shared his business plans with his wife, Mackenzie. She helped build it up. I bet he didn’t leave her in the dark and just say to her, “Trust me.” But I guess since Pedro hasn’t cheated yet, he’s got Jeff beat in that regard.

And if he has money to pay their rent and send over to start a business, he’s sending more than $200 home.

Edited by brillia79
  • Love 2

I just want to throw in a small palate cleanser and say that I super dug the midwife.  She was chill, honest, and no nonsense.  I can see her trotting after a waddling Pao with her little medical bag.  I would completely trust her to deliver my (non-existent) child.

• Love 2

Its like I’m supposed to act like I don’t know a flight to Santo Domingo from Atlanta only about 3 hours and the cost of a ticket likely less than what Pedro sends home in a month.

Except Chantel also booked them a room at a luxury resort.  It may be cheaper to live in the DR but tourism is how they make their money and if it had been cheap Chantel would NOT have booked it (too much danger of voodoo and packs of wild dogs.)

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, DaphneCat said:

Except Chantel also booked them a room at a luxury resort.  It may be cheaper to live in the DR but tourism is how they make their money and if it had been cheap Chantel would NOT have booked it (too much danger of voodoo and packs of wild dogs.)

Except the context was about how Pedro’s family can’t possibly be an interference from “so far away.” The time to fly there is less than the drive from Savannah to Atlanta. And the cost to do so is within financial reach, especially if Pedro is buying the tickets like he did for Nicole’s visit to Atlanta. Plus, DR travel packages at all inclusive resorts aren’t crazy expensive for an employed adult. That was clearly not a top of the line room.

At no time did she complain about voodoo or wild dogs when visiting the grandmother’s house in the woods. That was her family. Plenty of people don’t like Chantel for the things she actually has done. We don’t need to fabricate things she hasn’t done to get the point across.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, brillia79 said:

At no time did she complain about voodoo or wild dogs when visiting the grandmother’s house in the woods. That was her family

Except they showed her ALSO not getting out of the van so she must have bought in to that crap on some level.  She insulted Pedro's grandmother who went out of her way to make them a meal.

• Love 4

I just want to throw in a small palate cleanser and say that I super dug the midwife.  She was chill, honest, and no nonsense.  I can see her trotting after a waddling Pao with her little medical bag.  I would completely trust her to deliver my (non-existent) child.

I'm not a huge fan of births outside a hospital but I'd choose the midwife/birthing center over what's now all the rage in Brazil...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/the_americas/c-sections-are-all-the-rage-in-brazil-so-too-now-are-fancy-parties-to-watch-them/2019/06/11/8d2533ac-7bfc-11e9-b1f3-b233fe5811ef_story.html?utm_term=.a2d66589de8e

Pao could go for something like this...

• LOL 1
(edited)

Chantel and Pedro's famlies are both the worst; period.  All the tit for tat and delusion hate speculating ; grow the hell up, Lydia, Karen , and Thomas.  Pedro and Chantel allow it and even indulge and neither fight for their marriage or the their spouse.  If they aren't willing to go to counseling and listen to each other and compromise on ways to strengthen their marriage and lessen both families control (leave and cleave!!!!) and make each other the priority over their families; then they need to get divorced; end stop.  Things can't keep on like they are and get better; it will only get worse.

Edited by doyouevengohere
  • Love 8

I will give Pedro credit for saying that he did want his mother and sister to be better than Chantal's family and to respect Chantal.  Whether it was born of a desire for domestic tranquility or to show the Family Chantal up, I don't know.  But it was a nice sentiment even if all parties involved are seemingly incapable of not being absolute trash bags. 

• Love 9
(edited)

He does the exact same thing to Chantel. Tells his family and friends everything that goes on between them (probably by phone or something), and they shit on her.

Even Jeff Bezos shared his business plans with his wife, Mackenzie. She helped build it up. I bet he didn’t leave her in the dark and just say to her, “Trust me.” But I guess since Pedro hasn’t cheated yet, he’s got Jeff beat in that regard.

And if he has money to pay their rent and send over to start a business, he’s sending more than $200 home.

Even assuming he did that, which, besides his one vent session to Nicole I have not recently seen and am not willing to assume he "probably" does it all the time by phone or text.  But even if he was doing that, he has mostly kept his family from her so she isn't subjected to be constantly torn down and shit on. 

Chantal, by contrast continually tries to push Pedro into situations where he is subjected to being shit on and ganged up on by her entire family.  Even Nicole's trip was just one person, not a constant barrage of being told you're the worst, and a cheat and a liar and everything else that's wrong with the humanity.

In the car Chantal was STILL talking about getting Pedro around her family?  How much of their abuse will he need to take before enough is enough?  Pedro told Chantal not to come, and if she hadn't, no Lidia visit, so that's on her.  But Pedro lives in the same city as his in laws and.chantal constantly pressures him to be around her family who takes a dump on him.  Chantal is under no such pressure and in fact was specifically asked not to come to avoid a confrontation.

He said he is sending like $200 a month.  I have no reason to believe that he doesn't generally send $200 a month and may have, on a few occasions, sent more.  I don't know if his is the only money going into the business either.

So, yeah, if I knew my business was going to get back to people who always assume I'm up to no good, wanted me investigated and threatened to call immigration because I'm "no bueno" I wouldn't share much with Chantal either.

Edited by RealReality
  • Love 5
On 6/10/2019 at 8:40 PM, RealReality said:

She is his wife and she shouldnt make it her life's mission to make him miserable whenever she can.

He was having a nice time in the DR, yeah, he fucked up dancing with that woman, but otherwise he has just been hanging out with his friends and family and being happy.  Chantal chose to show up and, as usual, make everything miserable.  

How sad that you would want to do that to your spouse?  She was asked to stay home, which would have been best because she showed up there and didn't want to stay with Lidia, didn't want to talk to Lidia and ended up being rude. 

You know how all that mess could have been avoided?  If Chantal had stayed home as she was asked.

She is suspicious of Pedro because her marriage is on shaky ground.  Her marriage is on shaky ground because of her behavior.  She should have moved to Savannah and she refused.  

Pedro isn't Colt.  He left with his wife, even though his wife, if she loved him, would not have put him in such a position.  

I don't agree with Pedro's mom's nonsense about beating everyone up, but I think any mother would be upset to hear about her children's mistreatment and then Chantal trying to go on about how it's Pedro's fault for pointing at people.  Chantals mom started that shit show and river kept it going.  And river got the ass whipping he had been asking for from day one.  

She deserves whatever tears she is crying.  

Amen to that!!

• Love 3
2 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

Except they showed her ALSO not getting out of the van so she must have bought in to that crap on some level.  She insulted Pedro's grandmother who went out of her way to make them a meal.

She’d been to that house before on an earlier DR trip with no problem. She was wrong not to get out of the car when her family refused, but it wasn’t because of voodoo and feral dogs.

• Love 2

Even assuming he did that, which, besides his one vent session to Nicole I have not recently seen and am not willing to assume he "probably" does it all the time by phone or text.  But even if he was doing that, he has mostly kept his family from her so she isn't subjected to be constantly torn down and shit on. 

Keeping his family from her isn’t noble. Least of all if he can poison the well from afar by running his mouth on the phone. She is being torn down and shit on by Pedro’s family and friends. This is the same thing Chantel gets savaged for. The only difference is the method of communication. He, like Chantel, could just as shut his mouth and keep marital business away from those who don’t intend for that marriage to last long. This is what marriage counselors were made for.

• Love 2
(edited)

Except the context was about how Pedro’s family can’t possibly be an interference from “so far away.” The time to fly there is less than the drive from Savannah to Atlanta. And the cost to do so is within financial reach, especially if Pedro is buying the tickets like he did for Nicole’s visit to Atlanta. Plus, DR travel packages at all inclusive resorts aren’t crazy expensive for an employed adult. That was clearly not a top of the line room.

At no time did she complain about voodoo or wild dogs when visiting the grandmother’s house in the woods. That was her family. Plenty of people don’t like Chantel for the things she actually has done. We don’t need to fabricate things she hasn’t done to get the point across.

But it wasn't Pedro who was stressing out over money, it was Chantal.  Paying for a round trip ticket last minute and you have to be back for your work and classes as well as a resort hotel expensive.  Booking last minute is expensive generally no matter where you're going because airlines have their algorithms down and frankly I think they would prefer to fly with a few empty seats rather than encourage people to wait until the last minute. So, it doesn't seem like a smart financial move for someone so concerned about finances.

.....unless, of course, she isn't really all that worried about finances.....

Edited by RealReality
  • Love 3
23 minutes ago, brillia79 said:

Keeping his family from her isn’t noble. Least of all if he can poison the well from afar by running his mouth on the phone. She is being torn down and shit on by Pedro’s family and friends. This is the same thing Chantel gets savaged for. The only difference is the method of communication. He, like Chantel, could just as shut his mouth and keep marital business away from those who don’t intend for that marriage to last long. This is what marriage counselors were made for.

I think it's a very noble gesture to keep someone away from people they hate and cannot get along with.  Why would you want your loved one to be subjected to that?   

I wouldn't assume that he is always on the phone shit talking Chantal, because besides the venting to Nicole I haven't seen Pedro say a lot to his family over the phone.  Given that he has a physical job that likely involves dangerous machinery and isn't going to allow him the freedom to work at his own pace, I wouldn't assume he is always on the phone with family.  I wouldn't assume the same about Chantal, because I sure hope someone who is caring for patients and maybe dispensing medication isn't fiddling with her phone and having intense family discussions while working.

If Lidia hates Chantal, it may have to do with reports from Nicole about how Chantals family started mess and then started screeching about immigration while Chantal sat around and looked dumb and stayed with her family, and less with any reports from Pedro.And then by how her son was blamed for everything regardless of the fact that Chantals family started it.  And that could have come from Nicole....who witnessed this all first hand and has no duty to Chantal, and less from Pedro.  

I suspect any mother would be pretty ragey if her children were treated that way.

• Love 1

I’ve rarely heard Chantel complain about money. Her mother and father seem more concerned over it. Hence the pressure way back on Pedro to sign a prenup. For all Mother Chantels superior intelligence, that prenup is basically worthless. It’s the K1 that keeps Chantel on the hook. Though I don’t believe there is much chance that Pedro  would collect any assistance if he remained  in the US after a divorce. 

I think he would remain here, work and continue to send money home. The prenup might actually work in his favor with regard to alimony. It all depends on exactly what it says.

At this point I really don’t know why either of them bother trying to salvage the marriage. 

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, RealReality said:

But it wasn't Pedro who was stressing out over money, it was Chantal.  Paying for a round trip ticket last minute and you have to be back for your work and classes as well as a resort hotel expensive.  Booking last minute is expensive generally no matter where you're going because airlines have their algorithms down and frankly I think they would prefer to fly with a few empty seats rather than encourage people to wait until the last minute. So, it doesn't seem like a smart financial move for someone so concerned about finances.

.....unless, of course, she isn't really all that worried about finances.....

Generally speaking, if you book travel a few weeks in advance or more, it’s not crazy expensive to go to DR. For Pedro to visit his family and vise versa, the travel time is comparable to a trip from Savannah to Atlanta. He would stay with his family, and they would stay with him (or in a hotel because a couch bed is not good enough for Nicole). There would be no resort cost. For him to visit is not an undue burden. Nor is it for him to communicate regularly with them. They aren’t so far away that they can’t interfere. Tell me they’ve moved to Antarctica or anyplace where a satellite phone is required and I’ll reconsider.

Chantel’s last minute DR trip doesn’t even factor into the fact that Pedro and his family have plenty of access to one another and always have. I’m not even the one who brought that up.

2 hours ago, doyouevengohere said:

Chantel and Pedro's famlies are both the worst; period.  All the tit for tat and delusion hate speculating ; grow the hell up, Lydia, Karen , and Thomas. 

Lidia is an unpleasant person, she's humorless, she's a bigot, she has a short fuse. But she's never invited someone to her home and physically assaulted her. So there's that. 

21 minutes ago, RealReality said:

If Lidia hates Chantal, it may have to do with reports from Nicole about how Chantals family started mess and then started screeching about immigration while Chantal sat around and looked dumb and stayed with her family, and less with any reports from Pedro.And then by how her son was blamed for everything regardless of the fact that Chantals family started it.  And that could have come from Nicole....who witnessed this all first hand and has no duty to Chantal, and less from Pedro.  

I suspect any mother would be pretty ragey if her children were treated that way.

My son was once involved with a girl who emotionally abused him. I see his sadness from those days in Pedro's face. My cheerful, optimistic boy was a wreck, depressed, anxious, always sad. If he hadn't finally broken up with her my actions would have made Lidia look like fucking Mother Theresa. 

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, brillia79 said:

Generally speaking, if you book travel a few weeks in advance or more, it’s not crazy expensive to go to DR. For Pedro to visit his family and vise versa, the travel time is comparable to a trip from Savannah to Atlanta. He would stay with his family, and they would stay with him (or in a hotel because a couch bed is not good enough for Nicole). There would be no resort cost. For him to visit is not an undue burden. Nor is it for him to communicate regularly with them. They aren’t so far away that they can’t interfere. Tell me they’ve moved to Antarctica or anyplace where a satellite phone is required and I’ll reconsider.

Chantel’s last minute DR trip doesn’t even factor into the fact that Pedro and his family have plenty of access to one another and always have. I’m not even the one who brought that up.

A) we haven't seen him visit them but once and Nicole visited him once so functionally, no matter how long or short the flight they are not as much of an intereference as Chantals family who live in the same city, and whom we've seen her visit multiple times

B) yes, the point was that both families would have equal involvement if they had moved to Savannah....which is.... relatively little involvement.  Pedro's family has that now and Chantals family would have that if they had moved to Savannah....which they did not because you know...Chantal has forever nursing school or something?

C) we haven't seen Pedro communicate a ton on the phone or video chat with their family.  I haven't seen/heard him excessively complain to Lidia over the phone and I saw one vent session with Nicole. 

D) And you can easily get off a phone call, but when you're in front of people....and they drove you to a cabin...you're captive.  The problems have occurred when one family shits on the other when they are together. These confrontations aren't going to occur on the phone because Lidia doesn't call Chantal and I'm pretty sure Pedro would ignore any calls from Chantals family.

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, RealReality said:

I think it's a very noble gesture to keep someone away from people they hate and cannot get along with.  Why would you want your loved one to be subjected to that?   

I wouldn't assume that he is always on the phone shit talking Chantal, because besides the venting to Nicole I haven't seen Pedro say a lot to his family over the phone.  Given that he has a physical job that likely involves dangerous machinery and isn't going to allow him the freedom to work at his own pace, I wouldn't assume he is always on the phone with family.  I wouldn't assume the same about Chantal, because I sure hope someone who is caring for patients and maybe dispensing medication isn't fiddling with her phone and having intense family discussions while working.

Pedro is not always at work. He’s not Andrei, but I’m positive he has non-working hours too. He has time to talk on the phone while not at his job. Same with Chantel. They have time outside of work and school. We know this because we see them on this show in non-work settings.

Keeping people apart when you are the one who fed them relationship destroying info (like the prenup Lidia flipped out over), or how Chantel’s family acted when they found out about the marriage is not noble. It’s Libby style shit-stirring. Keeping her away has been more about his fun than protecting his wife. Everyone needs fun, but telling her not to come wasn’t for her benefit.

Lidia has hated Chantel since the prenup business. She served Chantel’s family chicken feet she would never dare to eat before that fight took place. Before Family Chantel refused to get out of the van at grandma’s house. She was big mad about the prenup first. The rest just adds fuel to the fire. Aside from that, Chantel’s family is allowed to be upset about a fly-by-night secret marriage where their child married vacay peen who is cagey about finances and plans for the future he doesn’t mention to his wife. My problem with them is that they blame it all on Pedro without looking at Chantel’s role and her own choices. They make some incredibly outlandish claims, and then there’s Shockey, but their initial concerns about the future of the relationship and their child being taken advantage of aren’t without merit. Plus, Chantel and Pedro act too childish to be married. 

We’re watching a show where most of these couples are failing because they aren’t at all on the same page and made impulsive decisions without thinking about the consequences.

• Love 2
(edited)
5 hours ago, brillia79 said:

Pedro is not always at work. He’s not Andrei, but I’m positive he has non-working hours too. He has time to talk on the phone while not at his job. Same with Chantel. They have time outside of work and school. We know this because we see them on this show in non-work settings.

Keeping people apart when you are the one who fed them relationship destroying info (like the prenup Lidia flipped out over), or how Chantel’s family acted when they found out about the marriage is not noble. It’s Libby style shit-stirring. Keeping her away has been more about his fun than protecting his wife. Everyone needs fun, but telling her not to come wasn’t for her benefit.

Lidia has hated Chantel since the prenup business. She served Chantel’s family chicken feet she would never dare to eat before that fight took place. Before Family Chantel refused to get out of the van at grandma’s house. She was big mad about the prenup first. The rest just adds fuel to the fire. Aside from that, Chantel’s family is allowed to be upset about a fly-by-night secret marriage where their child married vacay peen who is cagey about finances and plans for the future he doesn’t mention to his wife. My problem with them is that they blame it all on Pedro without looking at Chantel’s role and her own choices. They make some incredibly outlandish claims, and then there’s Shockey, but their initial concerns about the future of the relationship and their child being taken advantage of aren’t without merit. Plus, Chantel and Pedro act too childish to be married. 

We’re watching a show where most of these couples are failing because they aren’t at all on the same page and made impulsive decisions without thinking about the consequences.

This is true, I'm sure Pedro has time off work, but lets assume he works on job though I've heard he works two.  He works eight hours, they seem to have one car that he doesn't drive so he gets home somehow, he sleeps eight hours, he comes home, relaxes, plays his gaming system and hangs out with Chantal.  It doesn't leave a ton of time to shit talk Chantal....especially if you're working more than one job and starting a business.  

Based in what the show has shown us, which is one vent session with nicole combines with the fact that Pedro has a rather full schedule doing a pretty physical job, maybe two of them and starting a business and whatever is involved in that I don't think he spends quality time all day shittalking Chantal.  However, it seems to be family Chantal's only mission in life.  Ostensibly so they could get a reality show.

Frankly they should have floated a reality show that features Pedro handing River his ass every week.  I haven't watched an ass whupping that satisfying in a while.  

We haven't seen Pedro actively or excessively feeding Lidia bad information.  The information about the fight she likely got from Nicole.  Which is what Lidia was angry about.  

No matter how the upsetting information was obtained there is a nobility in keeping your loved one from getting humiliated, ganged up on and shit all over.

Libby's problem is that she shit stirs and then sets people up for a confrontation, so the two aren't alike in my book.  Pedro did what he could to avoid the confrontation between Chantal/Lidia, but Chantal was having no part of it.  She needed to show up, unwanted and uninvited in her most low cut get up, make herself even more despised by Lidia and ruin Pedro's trip because she is a miserable crone. 

I mean seriously, at this point, if Lidia hates Chantal it's probably not based on what Pedro is telling her....Nicole would have told her about the fight and Chantal made herself even less likable to Lidia by her behavior at the house.

But to hear Chantal tell it, Pedro has to hold back all of his pride when her family holds him captive so they can shit all over him because "it's so important for there to be family harmony".  If she really felt that way, she wouldn't have behaved the way she did with Lidia. Because what harmony did that encourage or create?  

And does she think that this is going to endear her to anyone in Pedro's life, or is the idea to completely alienate him from his friends and family so the only family he has contact with is Chantals shitty family?  Yuck.  Run Pedro. Run.  

Edited by RealReality
  • Love 3