Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E07: Into The Lion's Den

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Hannah94 said:

In her first season, she was a tiny petite little thing. She was wearing an itty bitty tube-like dress when she picked him up at the airport and she had nothing on top. She looked about 105 lbs or so. Now she has huge watermelons. I could be wrong but I don't think they can grow like that naturally, especially at her age.

From before their K1/first season, in TheDiminnicken: 

90_Day_Fiance_Chantel_Pedro_screen_cap.j

Fakes are well-behaved and stay where they're put (and boring, IMO, like most well-behaved things tend to be.)  Chantel acts fake as hell (usually to be more accepted by her family) but at least there are 2 real things about her.  

I actually think these 2 would stand a decent chance if they moved far away from both families. They've always seemed to have genuine affection for each other. I still like them for each other. 

• Love 4
27 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

I don’t get the hate for Chantel here.  She is Pedro’s wife, not his mama or his weave wearing sister.  

If you have TLC on demand, or the website, next week’s episode, Nowhere To Run part 1 is up, since you Chantel haters want to see the poor woman cry.

Pedro, you and Colti should become besties since you both want to fuck your mothers.

And how common was his mother?  I’d have beaten you up?  And your stupid ass would have ended up in jail.

She is his wife and she shouldnt make it her life's mission to make him miserable whenever she can.

He was having a nice time in the DR, yeah, he fucked up dancing with that woman, but otherwise he has just been hanging out with his friends and family and being happy.  Chantal chose to show up and, as usual, make everything miserable.  

How sad that you would want to do that to your spouse?  She was asked to stay home, which would have been best because she showed up there and didn't want to stay with Lidia, didn't want to talk to Lidia and ended up being rude. 

You know how all that mess could have been avoided?  If Chantal had stayed home as she was asked.

She is suspicious of Pedro because her marriage is on shaky ground.  Her marriage is on shaky ground because of her behavior.  She should have moved to Savannah and she refused.  

Pedro isn't Colt.  He left with his wife, even though his wife, if she loved him, would not have put him in such a position.  

I don't agree with Pedro's mom's nonsense about beating everyone up, but I think any mother would be upset to hear about her children's mistreatment and then Chantal trying to go on about how it's Pedro's fault for pointing at people.  Chantals mom started that shit show and river kept it going.  And river got the ass whipping he had been asking for from day one.  

She deserves whatever tears she is crying.  

• Love 19
1 minute ago, Drogo said:

Fakes are well-behaved and stay where they're put (and boring, IMO, like most well-behaved things tend to be.)  Chantel seems fake as hell but at least there are 2 real things about her.  

I actually think these 2 would stand a decent chance if they moved far away from both families. They've always seemed to have genuine affection for each other. 

Like you, I am no expert.  But I thought that some doctors who were more skilled in this area could.make them more realistic with how and where they placed the implants.  

This is all second hand information I've heard in passing, but she is so skinny that they seem fake.  I knew one other girl who was small but her boons we're naturally large, but they weren't as big, so maybe.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, Drogo said:

Fakes are well-behaved and stay where they're put (and boring, IMO, like most well-behaved things tend to be.)  Chantel seems fake as hell but at least there are 2 real things about her.  

I actually think these 2 would stand a decent chance if they moved far away from both families. They've always seemed to have genuine affection for each other. 

Woah! But even now, they look twice that size. Maybe she gained weight, who knows. I do agree that they had a much better chance away from their families; I even wrote that in either this thread or another one. Their families are TOXIC. This picture actually makes my own dead heart feel a bit of sadness. They looked so happy.

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, RealReality said:

She is his wife and she shouldnt make it her life's mission to make him miserable whenever she can.

He was having a nice time in the DR, yeah, he fucked up dancing with that woman, but otherwise he has just been hanging out with his friends and family and being happy.  Chantal chose to show up and, as usual, make everything miserable.  

How sad that you would want to do that to your spouse?  She was asked to stay home, which would have been best because she showed up there and didn't want to stay with Lidia, didn't want to talk to Lidia and ended up being rude. 

You know how all that mess could have been avoided?  If Chantal had stayed home as she was asked.

She is suspicious of Pedro because her marriage is on shaky ground.  Her marriage is on shaky ground because of her behavior.  She should have moved to Savannah and she refused.  

Pedro isn't Colt.  He left with his wife, even though his wife, if she loved him, would not have put him in such a position.  

I don't agree with Pedro's mom's nonsense about beating everyone up, but I think any mother would be upset to hear about her children's mistreatment and then Chantal trying to go on about how it's Pedro's fault for pointing at people.  Chantals mom started that shit show and river kept it going.  And river got the ass whipping he had been asking for from day one.  

Her  mom is the one who ran out and bought a stun gun. That’s real normal behavior. That and the ceremonious de-ringing she goes thru as if she were some street fighter, I guess she forgot to take off her shoes or she wouldn’t have ended up on her ass beneath her son.

Chantel is on her way to be the new Trashley,   with a string of failed relationships and looking 10 yrs older than she is.

• LOL 1
  • Love 14
14 minutes ago, iwasish said:

Her  mom is the one who ran out and bought a stun gun. That’s real normal behavior. That and the ceremonious de-ringing she goes thru as if she were some street fighter, I guess she forgot to take off her shoes or she wouldn’t have ended up on her ass beneath her son.

Chantel is on her way to be the new Trashley,   with a string of failed relationships and looking 10 yrs older than she is.

LOL, I had forgotten about the de-ringing.  

• Love 1
50 minutes ago, RealReality said:

Their marriage is in jeopardy, but it didn’t get there because of Chantel alone. Much like Chantel, Pedro can’t cut the cord from his family. His mom has been disrespecting her since the prenup. He caters to his family’s every financial whim, putting his own wife/household in 2nd or 3rd place. Hell, at this point, Lydia is far worse than Debbie because even though they employ the same mommy guilt trip, Debbie doesn’t use culture to bleed Colt dry financially. Neither does Chantel’s family.

He thought his mom serving her family trash food they would never eat themselves was comical. And that’s before we get to his sister’s complete disrespect. Now remember, Pedro and Chantel don’t have a 2br apartment because their extra money was paying for a 3 bedroom place, food, utilities, TVs, laptops, clothes, toiletries, etc. for Lydia and Nicole. So what does Nicole do when she visits? Tells them the new pull out sofa isn’t good enough for her vacation. And what does Pedro do? Pays for a hotel for her, where he also stays while leaving Chantel at home. And overlooks Nicole shit talking Chantel in her own home.

And now, we find out Pedro is using their savings to pay for his open ended trip to the DR, where he tells his wife she’s not welcome so he can have fun with his family... and grind on potential hookups Nicole has selected while ditching his wedding ring.

Moving to Savannah wasn’t going to fix any of this.

Pedro is a classic fuckboi/momma’s boy who benefits from dimples and the positive edit of people’s selective memory.

• Useful 2
  • Love 10
(edited)
20 minutes ago, brillia79 said:

Their marriage is in jeopardy, but it didn’t get there because of Chantel alone. Much like Chantel, Pedro can’t cut the cord from his family. His mom has been disrespecting her since the prenup. He caters to his family’s every financial whim, putting his own wife/household in 2nd or 3rd place. Hell, at this point, Lydia is far worse than Debbie because even though they employ the same mommy guilt trip, Debbie doesn’t use culture to bleed Colt dry financially. Neither does Chantel’s family.

He thought his mom serving her family trash food they would never eat themselves was comical. And that’s before we get to his sister’s complete disrespect. Now remember, Pedro and Chantel don’t have a 2br apartment because their extra money was paying for a 3 bedroom place, food, utilities, TVs, laptops, clothes, toiletries, etc. for Lydia and Nicole. So what does Nicole do when she visits? Tells them the new pull out sofa isn’t good enough for her vacation. And what does Pedro do? Pays for a hotel for her, where he also stays while leaving Chantel at home. And overlooks Nicole shit talking Chantel in her own home.

And now, we find out Pedro is using their savings to pay for his open ended trip to the DR, where he tells his wife she’s not welcome so he can have fun with his family... and grind on potential hookups Nicole has selected while ditching his wedding ring.

Moving to Savannah wasn’t going to fix any of this.

Pedro is a classic fuckboi/momma’s boy who benefits from dimples and the positive edit of people’s selective memory.

Pedro's family isn't nearly the presence in their marriage that Chantals family is.  Because they live so close.

Pedro doesn't force Chantal to be around his mother and did everything in his power to prevent it.  Chantal constantly forces Pedro to be around her family and then refuses to really stick up for him and allows them to disrespect him at every turn.

Again, while this would suck even if it happened once because family chantal live so close it happens over and over and over.

Which is what would have been resolved had they moved four hours away to Savannah.  Which Chantal refused to do, because she had no interest in saving her marriage if it meant truncating the relationship with her family.  But she has all sorts of interest in "saving" her marriage if it means she can be rude to Pedro's family.

If her issue was with Pedro using their shared money to travel to the DR then why is she unilaterally allowed to use their money to do the same thing?  And why didn't she put her foot down before he left?  Why? Because it wasn't that big a deal, or, as I suspect, he is the breadwinner in that house hold and most of the money in their "savings" is his.

When she was whining to that couple, it wasn't about the money he was using to travel, it was all about how he wasn't taking her.  But why would anyone want her to go when all she does is make everyone miserable, most of all Pedro? 

She would essentially want to go with him and a) be subjected to his family or b) not allow him to spend time with his family.  Both are ridiculous asks on her part.  He is going to go to the DR and not see his family?  That's nonsense.  Or he is going to take her to the DR and force her to be around his family when that never ends well and they hate her?  That's also nonsense.

Pedro left his mother's house with his wife....who, was being a giant beeyotch.  Pedro lives in another country with chantal.  I don't see momma's boy.  I'm pretty sure that Chantal didn't leave with Pedro after the fight that her family started.

Just because someone will choose you over their family doesnt mean you should put them in that position.  Pedro didn't stop Chantal from going to Thanksgiving at her parents and show up and demand she leave.  I'll never understand Chantal showing up to make a scene just because she could.  That seems so mean spirited and petty, and designed to hurt someone you claim to love.

So yeah, this all lies at Chantals feet.  She has had plenty of opportunity to fix her marriage, but she was focused on talking over Pedro, letting her family treat him like shit, blaming him for everything and refusing to take any proactive steps to distance them from her family since she definitely won't insist that they not shit all over him all the time.

Edited by RealReality
  • Love 18
3 hours ago, IllLitShips said:

Andrei was wrong for snatching Libby's phone from her hand, but honestly I think he did it because she was so upset. He didn't want her to get more worked up. Why can't her family or Andrei see that she is playing both sides. She is like Nicole. If she doesn't hear what she wants she storms out or gets defensive. I still have hope that Andrei will find steady employment.  I think the stress of so many big changes, such as moving to America,  getting married, having a baby is just overwhelming for him. He is freezing and crumbling from stress. My family is Eastern European and it's unusual for a man to not be breaking his back to support his family.  

Wait... Chantel isn’t likeable because she’s controlling, but the man we have watched shouting at his pregnant wife and who snatched her phone away from her because she wasn’t following his orders is just, what, misunderstood? Stressed out? More stressed than the woman carrying the baby who has to get financial support from the same family her husband rags on? The same husband who finds a way to sabotage every job opportunity that comes his way?

The women on this show are being held to a much higher standard than the men.

I don’t care much for Libby. But nothing that Andrei has done since they started on this show is even a little bit ok. He’s abusive. It started out as verbal. We’re watching his abuse escalate. The excuses don’t wash.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
19 minutes ago, brillia79 said:

Wait... Chantel isn’t likeable because she’s controlling, but the man we have watched shouting at his pregnant wife and who snatched her phone away from her because she wasn’t following his orders is just, what, misunderstood? Stressed out? More stressed than the woman carrying the baby who has to get financial support from the same family her husband rags on? The same husband who finds a way to sabotage every job opportunity that comes his way?

The women on this show are being held to a much higher standard than the men.

I don’t care much for Libby. But nothing that Andrei has done since they started on this show is even a little bit ok. He’s abusive. It started out as verbal. We’re watching his abuse escalate. The excuses don’t wash.

I fully appreciate your point.  Though I kinda think they are apples and oranges.  However, I did not like Andrei snatching the phone away, and yeah, when you feel okay doing that, a push or a shove isn't far behind.

No one ever deserves abuse or precipitates it.  But for Libby's sake I wish she wouldn't feel the need to amp up all parties in an effort to paint herself as a victim.  It doesn't explain or excuse Andrei's behavior, but I wish she'd stop doing it.

When she goes to the sisters or her dad she gets them all amped up about what a lazy and unreasonable shit Andrei is.  When she goes to Andrei she gets him all amped up about how everyone is trying to control her and control him and they think he is a lazy piece of shit who doesn't deserve her and is taking advantage.

Andrei is dead wrong, but Libby is married to him and made a baby with him.  He doesn't seem interested in working right now, and he doesnt want to be beholden to anyone, but he'd somehow like to continue drinking beer and fiddling around with the laptop and then get outraged when he finds out that somehow you can't sit around drinking beer all day in an apartment without someone paying for the apartment.

This is the situation Libby finds herself in.  She got pregnant before she really had an idea of his work ethic.  She will clearly need to rely on ber family financially, especially if she doesn't want to work after the baby is born. 

If she really wants to make a go of her marriage knowing these things about Andrei, she should have a vested interest in trying to make sure everyone gets along...which means no shit talking of anyone to anyone else.

When Andrei picked her up from that failed baby shower session, she should have been like "yeah, it was fine, but I just didn't feel good so I wanted to come home" not "OMG Andrei they we're talking shit and YOU NEED TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!!!"

When she was doing the registry she should have just had the crib on there.  Cribs are big money, even if you really don't want one, sell it or return it.  And don't bring up that you and Andrei don't want to raise the baby in an apartment when you know damn well you don't have the money for an apartment or a house.

I would have been annoyed if I were her sister too...I don't want to see my parents get taken advantage of by anyone.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
13 minutes ago, RealReality said:

Pedro's family isn't nearly the presence in their marriage that Chantals family is.  Because they live so close.

Pedro doesn't force Chantal to be around his mother and did everything in his power to prevent it.  Chantal constantly forces Pedro to be around her family and then refuses to really stick up for him and allows them to disrespect him at every turn.

Again, while this would suck even if it happened once because family chantal live so close it happens over and over and over.

Which is what would have been resolved had they moved four hours away to Savannah.  Which Chantal refused to do, because she had no interest in saving her marriage if it meant truncating the relationship with her family.  But she has all sorts of interest in "saving" her marriage if it means she can be rude to Pedro's family.

If her issue was with Pedro using their shared money to travel to the DR then why is she unilaterally allowed to use their money to do the same thing?  And why didn't she put her foot down before he left?  Why? Because it wasn't that big a deal, or, as I suspect, he is the breadwinner in that house hold and most of the money in their "savings" is his.

When she was whining to that couple, it wasn't about the money he was using to travel, it was all about how he wasn't taking her.  But why would anyone want her to go when all she does is making everyone miserable, most of all Pedro? 

She would essentially want him to go there and either a) be subjected to his family or b) spend no time with his family.  Both are ridiculous asks on her part.  He is going to go to the DR and not see his family?  That's nonsense.  Or he is going to take her to the DR and force her to be around his family when that never ends well and they hate her?  That's also nonsense.

Pedro left his mother's house with his wife....who, was being a giant beeyotch.  Pedro lives in another country with chantal.  I don't see momma's boy. 

Just because someone will choose you over their family doesnt mean you should put them in that position.  Pedro didn't stop Chantal from going to Thanksgiving at her parents and show up and demand she leave.  I'll never understand Chantal showing up to make a scene just because she could.  That seems so mean spirited and petty, and designed to hurt someone you claim to love.

So yeah, this all lies at Chantals feet.  She has had plenty of opportunity to fix her marriage, but she was focused on talking over Pedro, letting her family treat him like shit, blaming him for everything and refusing to take any proactive steps to distance them from her family since she definitely won't insist that they not shit all over him all the time.

Pedro’s Family doesn’t have to live nearby to have a big impact on their marriage. The financial interference is constant and the hostility is there. So again, Savanna was not going to stop the cash grab or the disrespect from Pedro’s family. And because phones are a thing, it wasn’t going to stop Family Chantel either, unless they are always stopping by Chantel and Pedro’s apartment - something we haven’t seen on the show.

Since we’re bringing up that other couple, I recall the Dominican husband mentioning how he had to put a stop to the constant cash grab from his relatives for his own household to thrive. It went in one ear and out the other for Pedro.

Im really supposed to believe that Pedro can spend money to go to the DR indefinitely, but Chantel is the bad guy for doing the same?  Lets not forget who took that action first... Pedro. Who again, wouldn’t even verbalize a return date or plan. And while I do think she should’ve let him go (in more ways than one), I think his departure method was passive aggressive bullshit.

Pedro has been opting out of Family Chantel time all season. I don’t blame him, but it flies in the face of the idea that Chantel forces Pedro to spend time with her family. Once he decided he was done, that was it. Actually, good for him.

Pedro didn’t go to Thanksgiving uninvited and insist Chantel leave. Because even though there was hostility between Pedro and Family Chantel, Pedro. Was. Still. Invited. What he was doing instead was trying to get Chantel to move away from her family. Which, ok, fine. On the other hand, he told her not to come to DR because he needed to have fun without her. Oh, and he didn’t know when he was coming back. And his not wanting her to come had nothing to do with protecting her from his mom. It was about him partying like he didn’t have a wife. In fact, when she did come and was at a resort, he’s the one who told her she needed to come to Lydia’s (ha!) house and talk with her. Prior to that, his mom and sister told him Chantel was not welcome there. So basically, he pulled the same type of stunt Chantel would’ve pulled.

During the sit down at Lydia’s, I really don’t care that Chantel was being a bitch. So was Lydia. They both like to gloat when they get their way. Only one of them was threatening to fight people (Lydia). The first thing out of Lydia’s mouth was that Chantel ruined everything. Not once did Pedro object. Where did he think the convo was going to go from there? He set her up as though she owed Lydia a one sided apology. Again, Pedro doing exactly the same thing he resents Chantel for doing. This was no different than Chantel’s stone silence or tepid rebuttals to her family’s attacks on Pedro.

You don’t have to live with mommy to be a momma’s boy, you just have to constantly elevate your mom over your wife. Pedro does this regularly. His methods are just different from Colt and Debbie.

Rare is the case where one person is responsible for the collapse of a marriage, and this isn’t that case. Neither Chantel or Pedro are willing to set boundaries with their families. His family is having just as much negative impact as hers, in spite of distance. And had he moved her away from her family, he’d still be sending a bunch of money to his family and letting them trash his wife/disrespect her in her own home like I previously mentioned. Pedro is very much like Chantel where his family is concerned, so again, this isn’t all at her feet. And if he wanted to fix their marriage, he too should be checking his family, having honest discussions about finances, and not going on a marriage hall pass vacation. When he makes any effort that isn’t totally self serving, I’ll consider Chantel 100% the source of the problems.

• Love 14
41 minutes ago, RealReality said:

I fully appreciate your point.  Though I kinda think they are apples and oranges.  However, I did not like Andrei snatching the phone away, and yeah, when you feel okay doing that, a push or a shove isn't far behind.

No one ever deserves abuse or precipitates it.  But for Libby's sake I wish she wouldn't feel the need to amp up all parties in an effort to paint herself as a victim.  It doesn't explain or excuse Andrei's behavior, but I wish she'd stop doing it.

When she goes to the sisters or her dad she gets them all amped up about what a lazy and unreasonable shit Andrei is.  When she goes to Andrei she gets him all amped up about how everyone is trying to control her and control him and they think he is a lazy piece of shit who doesn't deserve her and is taking advantage.

Andrei is dead wrong, but Libby is married to him and made a baby with him.  He doesn't seem interested in working right now, and he doesnt want to be beholden to anyone, but he'd somehow like to continue drinking beer and fiddling around with the laptop and then get outraged when he finds out that somehow you can't sit around drinking beer all day in an apartment without someone paying for the apartment.

This is the situation Libby finds herself in.  She got pregnant before she really had an idea of his work ethic.  She will clearly need to rely on ber family financially, especially if she doesn't want to work after the baby is born. 

If she really wants to make a go of her marriage knowing these things about Andrei, she should have a vested interest in trying to make sure everyone gets along...which means no shit talking of anyone to anyone else.

When Andrei picked her up from that failed baby shower session, she should have been like "yeah, it was fine, but I just didn't feel good so I wanted to come home" not "OMG Andrei they we're talking shit and YOU NEED TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!!!"

When she was doing the registry she should have just had the crib on there.  Cribs are big money, even if you really don't want one, sell it or return it.  And don't bring up that you and Andrei don't want to raise the baby in an apartment when you know damn well you don't have the money for an apartment or a house.

I would have been annoyed if I were her sister too...I don't want to see my parents get taken advantage of by anyone.

I agree that Libby plays both sides against each other and talks too much. But her foolishness is not the cause of Andrei’s abuse. That’s just who he is and likely always has been. She just wasn’t paying attention (90 Day Fiancé dupes are bad at seeing signs) Her drama thirst doesn’t justify or cause his behavior. Nor does stress, moving, pets, cultural differences, etc. 

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Jennifersdc said:

I’m also pretty sure she clapped when Chantel left the apartment.

Yes, she clapped. I'd clap too. In response, Chantel's family invited her to dinner, insulted her, physically attacked her, and threatened to call Immigration. 

Chantel can cry like Niobe for eternity as far as I'm concerned. A more spiteful, shallow, vain, self centered person I have never seen. And I've watched Teem Mom for years. The last time she cried it was because she wouldn't have a horse and carriage for her wedding. Maybe next time. They need to split up, but she wants the upper hand. She wants it to be her that says its over. 

• Love 13
7 hours ago, brillia79 said:

Pedro and Chantel don’t have a 2br apartment because their extra money was paying for a 3 bedroom place, food, utilities, TVs, laptops, clothes, toiletries, etc. for Lydia and Nicole.

Asshat has a gaming station that takes up half of their living room.

• Love 1

Who in their right mind, (HAH!!-right mind) would choose to live with an adult son and any woman much less an import.

Plenty of people do. It's common in many cultures for elders to live with adult children and their families. It's an American thing to have elders live on their own or put them in homes. 

I'm not saying the living situation with Coltee, Debbie and Larissa is healthy - far from it. But plenty of families make it work. Just not this one.

Though I kinda think they are apples and oranges. 

Libby and Chantal are both shit-stirrers. They love drama and love to be at the center of it.

Andrei was wrong for snatching Libby's phone from her hand, but honestly I think he did it because she was so upset.

Disagree. Andrei snatched the phone because Andrei was upset and it was an asshole move. Though when Libby asked "what am I supposed to do, not answer" I yelled "YES you weak chinned, wan haired imbecile!"

She is suspicious of Pedro because her marriage is on shaky ground. 

That and the mysterious "business" he wants to start in the DR that he refuses to discuss AT ALL.

This picture actually makes my own dead heart feel a bit of sadness. They looked so happy.

I didn't watch their season so all I know of them is this show - but of course they were happy - they were on vacation. Same for Ashley and Jay. None of the couples who meet on vacation ever seem to realize that vacation is not real life - of course things will be different when you get home.

• Love 13
(edited)

Pedro’s Family doesn’t have to live nearby to have a big impact on their marriage. The financial interference is constant and the hostility is there. So again, Savanna was not going to stop the cash grab or the disrespect from Pedro’s family. And because phones are a thing, it wasn’t going to stop Family Chantel either, unless they are always stopping by Chantel and Pedro’s apartment - something we haven’t seen on the show.

Since we’re bringing up that other couple, I recall the Dominican husband mentioning how he had to put a stop to the constant cash grab from his relatives for his own household to thrive. It went in one ear and out the other for Pedro.

Im really supposed to believe that Pedro can spend money to go to the DR indefinitely, but Chantel is the bad guy for doing the same?  Lets not forget who took that action first... Pedro. Who again, wouldn’t even verbalize a return date or plan. And while I do think she should’ve let him go (in more ways than one), I think his departure method was passive aggressive bullshit.

Pedro has been opting out of Family Chantel time all season. I don’t blame him, but it flies in the face of the idea that Chantel forces Pedro to spend time with her family. Once he decided he was done, that was it. Actually, good for him.

Pedro didn’t go to Thanksgiving uninvited and insist Chantel leave. Because even though there was hostility between Pedro and Family Chantel, Pedro. Was. Still. Invited. What he was doing instead was trying to get Chantel to move away from her family. Which, ok, fine. On the other hand, he told her not to come to DR because he needed to have fun without her. Oh, and he didn’t know when he was coming back. And his not wanting her to come had nothing to do with protecting her from his mom. It was about him partying like he didn’t have a wife. In fact, when she did come and was at a resort, he’s the one who told her she needed to come to Lydia’s (ha!) house and talk with her. Prior to that, his mom and sister told him Chantel was not welcome there. So basically, he pulled the same type of stunt Chantel would’ve pulled.

During the sit down at Lydia’s, I really don’t care that Chantel was being a bitch. So was Lydia. They both like to gloat when they get their way. Only one of them was threatening to fight people (Lydia). The first thing out of Lydia’s mouth was that Chantel ruined everything. Not once did Pedro object. Where did he think the convo was going to go from there? He set her up as though she owed Lydia a one sided apology. Again, Pedro doing exactly the same thing he resents Chantel for doing. This was no different than Chantel’s stone silence or tepid rebuttals to her family’s attacks on Pedro.

You don’t have to live with mommy to be a momma’s boy, you just have to constantly elevate your mom over your wife. Pedro does this regularly. His methods are just different from Colt and Debbie.

Rare is the case where one person is responsible for the collapse of a marriage, and this isn’t that case. Neither Chantel or Pedro are willing to set boundaries with their families. His family is having just as much negative impact as hers, in spite of distance. And had he moved her away from her family, he’d still be sending a bunch of money to his family and letting them trash his wife/disrespect her in her own home like I previously mentioned. Pedro is very much like Chantel where his family is concerned, so again, this isn’t all at her feet. And if he wanted to fix their marriage, he too should be checking his family, having honest discussions about finances, and not going on a marriage hall pass vacation. When he makes any effort that isn’t totally self serving, I’ll consider Chantel 100% the source of the problems.

I can't agree, I think proximity is paramount.  Chantal is either always at her parents or trying to get Pedro to go to her parents.  Pedro finally, after all the damage has been done, put his foot down.  And he should have never had to put his foot down.  But after mama Chantal pushed a fight and river started a physical confrontation that Pedro was blamed for...he finally put his foot down.  

In what world does Chantals family get credit for inviting him to Thanksgiving when it's clear that the only reason they are doing it is to shit all over him? And start another fight that they can then decide they didn't start?

If Chantal has a problem with Pedro sending the money back, go to having separate accounts and each contributing half the bills.  Unless of course she needs his money for something other than the rent and bills. 

That is his culture, if she can't go along with that then that's not an issue for Lidia that's an issue for her and Pedro.  She can't get anywhere with Pedro on the issue so her answer is to try to interrupt and make him miserable in the 5% of the time he has with his family?  Has anyone tried to interrupt the time she has with her family?  No.  Pedro has let her go knowing that her family is going to shit talk him.

He has never, like Colt, represented that he would stop sending money.  If he has always sent money and always supported them then it's Chantal interfering...not Lidia.

Chantal is the one who thinks it's wrong to unilaterally use savings, not Pedro, so Chantal is doing exactly the thing she alleges Pedro has done wrong.  And frankly, Pedro didn't really unilaterally use savings...Chantal was begrudgingly accepting of the trip.  But at no point was Pedro even a little okay with Chantal coming.....not even once.

And she is going to save her marriage, by what...being a miserable crone?  Again.  

A lot could have been resolved by moving to Savannah.  It's easier to get off the phone than it is to leave.  They are far away from Pedro's family and on a daily basis they don't really involve themselves unless Pedro calls to let off steam.  They are right up on Chantals family and there is constant involvement because they are awful people.

As for the business....I can't remember when it came up, but unfortunately for Chantal that may be his escape hatch out of the marriage because she has allowed things to get this crappy.  I think it came up at the cabin weekend but before the big fight.  I don't have a problem with a mistreated spouse without family support having an exit plan.  Larissa should put away any money she can if she gets a job.

Chantal hasnt done anything to save her marriage and now she is doing even more to ruin it.  She has earned her tears and she doesn't deserve her marriage.

Edited by RealReality
  • Love 11

I agree that Libby plays both sides against each other and talks too much. But her foolishness is not the cause of Andrei’s abuse. That’s just who he is and likely always has been. She just wasn’t paying attention (90 Day Fiancé dupes are bad at seeing signs) Her drama thirst doesn’t justify or cause his behavior. Nor does stress, moving, pets, cultural differences, etc. 

Nothing is the cause of abuse, and if I gave that impression i apologize because no behavior justifies abuse.

But I don't know, she is in this position and if she wants to try to make a go of it (I wouldn't) she has to stop shittalking.

• Love 1
(edited)
On ‎6‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 11:12 PM, Toaster Strudel said:

Why do they keep talking like Andrei is a manly-man? He's an angry, defiant, antisocial, stubborn, lazy little tyrant - and probably unemployable for life for all these reasons. This so called manly-man's destiny is on the lowest rung of the professional ladder where it's OK to be a frustrated bully, such as unclogger in a porta-potty business in a state with hot summers and plenty of flies. He's a born loser, A huge "beta" with a shitty attitude and a chip on his shoulder. Pride? He has no pride at all, other than the false kind. He has none of the attributes of a good man: competence, work ethic, moral compass, education, empathy, loving heart, sense of humor, or a presence that brings joy to a room. I can't blame Libby's family for not liking him. They're good people, and there's nothing likeable about the Moldovan Neanderthal.

100.  I'll believe Andrei is a manly man when he gets loud and proud with someone who isn't either a) his tiny pregnant wife, b) her sisters or c) her father who's desperately trying to keep her alive without bruising his new SIL's fragile ego. 

An alpha male in the animal kingdom (ex: in a lion pride) only receives the distinction because he uses his size and strength to protect the females and the young in his group from other predators and produce more large/strong offspring.  The females hunt for all the food they eat, he literally just exists to keep them alive in the case of an attack (which is few and far between) and to satisfy their procreation needs.  When he's no longer the biggest and strongest and therefore not the best fit to protect the females and the young, he's defeated and sent to live alone.  Know how often he roars at his own pride?  Never.  I hate hearing alpha male associated with some dickweed like Annndreeeeiii.

Elizabeth, do better.  If I ever snatched away my lady's phone like that, she'd kill me later in my sleep.

ETA:  I don't think Andrei is abusive to Elizabeth now, but he definitely has the capacity for it.  He's dismissive of her feelings, out of touch with logic and reality, and feels emasculated at the drop of a hat.  Every time he wishes he were more successful or respected is a time he may decide to turn his frustration on her.

Edited by Drogo
  • Love 13
16 hours ago, RealReality said:

I think she was fine with the apartment they visited, but I assume Vegas complexes have pools.  It's like 10 billion degrees there and people love hanging out by the pool..

So what you're saying is that she probably based her assumptions on Rehab: Party At the Hard Rock?

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, RealReality said:

Chantal hasnt done anything to save her marriage and now she is doing even more to ruin it.  She has earned her tears and she doesn't deserve her marriage.

9 minutes ago, RealReality said:

But I don't know, she is in this position and if she wants to try to make a go of it (I wouldn't) she has to stop shittalking.

Both of these chicks need to sit down with their husbands and find out what it's going to cost to divorce their asses and ship them back to their home countries while agreeing to not come to the US and not pursue support and turn this into a funny story you tell at holiday get-togethers.  (Though I want to say Chantal's family tried this already.  Pity.  Up the price, Madre Chantal.  You might get a taker now.)

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, Lemur said:

So what you're saying is that she probably based her assumptions on Rehab: Party At the Hard Rock?

LOL, I've been to the more residential areas of Vegas and it seems like most complexes.....not houses....have a pool.

It is like the surface of the sun in Vegas and a lot of good looking people navigate there, so a pool is a must.  You can't just lay out in the grass in your bikini!

Just now, RealReality said:

LOL, I've been to the more residential areas of Vegas and it seems like most complexes.....not houses....have a pool.

It is like the surface of the sun in Vegas and a lot of good looking people navigate there, so a pool is a must.  You can't just lay out in the grass in your bikini!

Grass is harder to find in Las Vegas than bikinis.  Most pools are surrounded by concrete.

• Love 4
20 minutes ago, RealReality said:

I have heard Pedro say on many occasions "I love my wife". I have never, ever heard Chantel say she loves her husband. Once, when her whole family was listing all the reasons that they didn't like him, she wanly offered that he was "a good husband". Ohterwise? Zip. She never said to Pedro "I love you and I want our marriage to work. I'd like to come there and see if we can reset". Nope. "I'm coming. I'll be there tomorrow. Meet my plane". The instant she landed she started hissing about his mother. How is this helping? She doesn't care about her marriage! She just doesn't want Pedro to have one iota of agency. She wants to end it, she doesn't want him to. Then she can tearfully fall into River's arms and whimper that she did all she could to save her marriage but Pedro wouldn't meet her halfway (meaning he wouldn't cave to her every demand).

The pain and hurt on Pedro's face at his mother's house was really sad to see. How his cold hearted wife could sit there and still be so lacking in empathy, so full of spite that scoring points on her mother in law was more important than comforting her husband, baffled me. Did she take his hand? Give him a loving glance? No, she ordered him to "get his things".

• Love 14
(edited)
3 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Did she take his hand? Give him a loving glance? No, she ordered him to "get his things".

Well, she did touch him that one time when he was leaning forward, blocking her view of his mother.  She touched him on the shoulder and said, "Sit back."  

And she did try to kiss him at the airport . . . where she wasn't even supposed to be.

I wonder if she peed on the couch to mark her territory, like a cat.

Edited by AZChristian
  • LOL 5
  • Love 7
18 hours ago, linthia said:

If Ashley is so smart how come she doesn't know the "proper" way to put lights on a Christmas tree is from the top down. Sheesh.

We always strung lights from the bottom.  Ditto for my husband  Maybe it's a PA thing?

20 hours ago, AZChristian said:

IDK . . . but I've seen some of our sleuths on here do some digging and come up with a lot of information about people on this show.  For example, Chantal's REAL name, as well as the last names of the Family Chantal.  These weren't given on the show.

ETA:  I was putzing around on my computer while loading a new app.  Doing both things at the same time, I came up with Joe's last name within about 4 minutes.

In the pre-internet days, I managed to track down a bunch of people who were involved in a project that I was writing a paper on.  I just needed a few hours, and the phone books of some major metro areas.

18 hours ago, Spike said:

I have a feeling Pao will forever guilt the child because he survived and his older sibling did not.

I know someone who does that, and it's upsetting.  My heart breaks that she lost her baby at 6 months, but to force a surviving child to share in their birthday party festivities with a deceased sibling is horrible - especially since that child came after the one who passed.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, funky-rat said:

We always strung lights from the bottom.  Ditto for my husband  Maybe it's a PA thing?

Must be.  I grew up in the Philadelphia area.  Lights start at the bottom so you can hide the extension plug on the end where the tree is still fat.  

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, Lemur said:

Must be.  I grew up in the Philadelphia area.  Lights start at the bottom so you can hide the extension plug on the end where the tree is still fat.  

Yep, and so you can string the lights lit, to make sure they're spaced evenly, and the colors (if you like colors - we did) are spaced out.  Then you can hide the part where you add the next string.

• Love 3

Pedro and family Pedro- I think the plan and goal was always that he was to go to America and send money back.  Even before he met Chantel.  He was probably like, I'm going to America anyway so I'll look for a g/f there.  I'd even wager that Pepi was upfront with Chantel about this.  that said I think his mom and sis manipulate him for more than what he needs to send, so I do see Chantel's frustration with that, BUT they need to sit down and agree on a budget and ONLY send that amount.

• Love 4

They're past the point of no return. The only amount Chantel would agree to is zero.  Pedro is not turning out to be the doting, biddable husband she expected. Worse, he refuses to  do what she wants--cut off all contact with his family, kiss her parents' and River's asses, and spend every cent of his disposable income on her. He should either be working, sitting quietly at family dinners and meetings of the I Hate Pedro Club, or catering to Chantel's every whim. He does not need hobbies or friends or family. He needs to be Chantel's little pet. She should let him go and get a goddamn dog.

• Love 14
20 hours ago, Jennifersdc said:

I agree with this. Although Sister Nicole has said several times that Pedro is paying for their lovely 3 BR apartment in the DR. That’s not $150/month - the DR ain’t that cheap. Chantel also said that Pedro is using “their” savings to fund his open ended trip to the DR. She’s an idiot.

Mr. DC and I have totally separate bank and investment accounts. We’ve been married 12 years. And I own the house we’re currently living in (pre and post nuptial agreements). I sold my old house after we were married to buy this one. He has his own very nice house nearby he rents that he bought before we were married. He pays me a certain (not large) amount of money each month towards the mortgage. I do make more money than him. I pay some other expenses, he pays some others.

These two morons need to keep their money separate. He should give Chantel a set amount each month towards living expenses and then he can do whatever he wants with the rest - being his extensive gaming hobby or sending money back home. That would solve a lot of problems right there. 

Agreed. I think everyone should have some discretionary spending money that they spend on whatever they want anyways. My husband and I have separate bank accounts and a joint account, and I've always told him I don't care what he spends his discretionary money on as long as he's not going into debt or dipping into the joint account.

As long as Chantel and Pedro are putting enough in the joint account to cover all their joint expenses plus a reasonable amount for joint savings (usually 10% of income is advisable) then what Pedro chooses to do with his few hundred bucks left over is up to him. The problem I see with this scenario is, Pedro's likely to see the money he sends home as an amount that comes off his gross income automatically, not one that comes out of what's left over.

• Love 5
15 hours ago, Hannah94 said:

Woah! But even now, they look twice that size. Maybe she gained weight, who knows. I do agree that they had a much better chance away from their families; I even wrote that in either this thread or another one. Their families are TOXIC. This picture actually makes my own dead heart feel a bit of sadness. They looked so happy.

I actually wondered if she did the Brazilian butt lift b/c not only are the boobs ridiculously big, but suddenly her rear end and hips are very wide.  I'm not sure this is just weight gain.

• Love 3
On 6/10/2019 at 6:55 AM, SevenCostanza said:

Actually I think this is their 4th.  The longer they're on the show the less we see of Azan.  

The purple hair looks horrible, you can tell she did it herself just like the bright yellow.  Her hair looked good after the professional guy did it, why couldn't she leave it alone?  Her pathetic exercises were a joke.  She said something about losing weight but she actually looks bigger this season.  

She looks totally heavier this season.  I was thinking the same thing.  I too, had to laugh when I saw her feeble attempt of exercise.  Loosing weight is 80% diet and 20% exercise.  If she just tried the food part, she would lose weight.  But I doubt she is ready to give us her french fries.  I shake my head every time I see that "girl".  She is in such denial.  She wants love so bad and wants to be called "married" and have a "husband".  What does she think will change in their relationship if they marry???  Not a damn thing.  I do not see love between those two in any way.  Azan is a chicken shit scammer who is too far along in his scam he doesn't know how to get out.....probably all the other females he has done this with are smarter than Nicole and he didn't foresee her being such a stalker and never letting go.  

AND yes......I too am over Russ and Pao....and Ashley and Jay.

Bleck

• Love 9
(edited)
17 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

He needs to be Chantel's little pet. She should let him go and get a goddamn dog

I totally agree she should let him go, but PLEASE don’t inflict her on a dog!!!!  Dogs are noble creatures that deserve better than that lock-jawed piece of work!

Run, Pedro, run!!!!!

Edited by Kid
  • LOL 3
  • Love 6
(edited)
9 minutes ago, the-grey-lady said:

Every time I see Nicole's godawful new hairdo...0_hkgcuKu2RGg8RAWx.jpg.d1c62560a29762166de1333da23de1b9.jpg

Well she does make Azan grimace.

Edited by Spike
  • LOL 9

Moving to Savannah wouldn’t have helped Pedro’s and Chantel’s marriage.   Neither one of them are ready to take the steps necessary to improve their marriage.   Both feel they are in the right and the other is wrong. 

Instead of running to the DR, that money could be better used for marriage counseling to help patch things together.   That’s what I call working on my marriage.  

Pedro’s mother is an immigration lawyer.   She wanted Pedro to marry an American.  Pedro and Chantel always appeared to be a love match to me.  His goal was just to marry Chantel.  His mother’s was clearly to harvest the American dollar.   Chantel is collateral damage.  

• Love 4
(edited)
19 hours ago, RealReality said:

She was asked to stay home, which would have been best because she showed up there and didn't want to stay with Lidia, didn't want to talk to Lidia and ended up being rude. 

What type of man asks his wife to stay home while he goes away for an indefinite amount of time?

30 minutes ago, LGGirl said:

Pedro’s mother is an immigration lawyer.   She wanted Pedro to marry an American.  Pedro and Chantel always appeared to be a love match to me.  His goal was just to marry Chantel.  His mother’s was clearly to harvest the American dollar.   Chantel is collateral damage.  

Very true.

But, if you have TLC on demand or can get on the TLC website, watch an hour of next week's episode.  You won't be disappointed.

Chantel change the locks and change your bank account numbers and passwords.  Let's see how long Pedro's family will tolerate that.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 6
(edited)
26 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

What type of man asks his wife to stay home while he goes away for an indefinite amount of time?

Very true.

But, if you have TLC on demand or can get on the TLC website, watch an hour of next week's episode.  You won't be disappointed.

Chantel change the locks and change your bank account numbers and passwords.  Let's see how long Pedro's family will tolerate that.

Actually, I don't think this is particularly rare with immigrants from certain countries.  People that are from our country in central America often visit without a clear date they are coming back. 

Some have weeks and weeks of vacation time, and they may want to spend less than the vacation time they have saved there, so they book their return ticket when they want.  Sometimes one party is retired and the other isn't.  This isn't uncommon at all.

And I think any man who is going to visit his family and knows that his wife hates them, and they hate his wife would be smart not to invite his wife so as to avoid the exact situation that occurred when Chantal forced herself to the DR uninvited and wanted by no one.

I don't think it's wrong for Pedro to want to see his family, I don't think it's rare to leave the return date open and I see no reason to invite Chantal when she makes everyone miserable and won't let him enjoy the relatively small amount of time he gets to spend with his mother and sister.  

I'd actually have had far less sympathy for Pedro had he invited his harridan of a wife because he knows exactly how it would end and tried to avoid it....contrast with Chantal who constantly tries to force Pedro to be around her family knowing full well that it's going to end in Pedro getting shit on by her entire family and she won't do anything about it.  Chantal doesn't care to avoid a situation that would end poorly for her husband.  She just expects that her husband should always just be cool with her family taking a dump on him....even that little asshole river.  

I don't particularly like violence.....but in the words of the Chappelle show...I savored that ass whipping because river has been asking for it from day one.  

Edited by RealReality
  • Love 15
59 minutes ago, LGGirl said:

Moving to Savannah wouldn’t have helped Pedro’s and Chantel’s marriage.   Neither one of them are ready to take the steps necessary to improve their marriage.   Both feel they are in the right and the other is wrong. 

Instead of running to the DR, that money could be better used for marriage counseling to help patch things together.   That’s what I call working on my marriage.  

What is the point of marriage counseling if Chantal is going to insist that her family did nothing wrong and they are never the problem and the only problem is Pedro?  Seriously, how is that going to help anything?  Except to bear Pedro down even more.  As far as I've seen Pedro has been willing to make amends...only to get shit on by Chantals family as she acts as though they do nothing wrong.

She must be desperate because she finally admitted her family has some culpability to Lidia, but that is the first I've heard of it.

Savannah would have allowed them to be far away from her family.  Far enough that Chantal couldn't visit every day or really even every weekend if she works.  That an eight hour round trip.  I guess there could be phone calls, but between school, work and a husband she should be too busy to sit around and listen to family Chantal opine on Pedro's faults.  Out or sight, out of mind.  Pedro tried.  Chantal refused.  Because she has no interest in saving her marriage.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, Saje81 said:

Agreed. I think everyone should have some discretionary spending money that they spend on whatever they want anyways. My husband and I have separate bank accounts and a joint account, and I've always told him I don't care what he spends his discretionary money on as long as he's not going into debt or dipping into the joint account.

As long as Chantel and Pedro are putting enough in the joint account to cover all their joint expenses plus a reasonable amount for joint savings (usually 10% of income is advisable) then what Pedro chooses to do with his few hundred bucks left over is up to him. The problem I see with this scenario is, Pedro's likely to see the money he sends home as an amount that comes off his gross income automatically, not one that comes out of what's left over.

I wonder how Melanie and devar handled this?  As far as I know they are still together and he had a sister who was absolutely not going to get a job.

I think separate accounts is the answer with a joint account for bills and rent.  If you can't pay your half, then there is a problem.  If you can, do what you want with the remainder.

And if there is a problem, you have to work it out together.  I can't believe that this has never come up before.  Maybe my parents were lucky to be from the same culture because my mom never had an issue with my dad sending his mom money even when they were dirt poor.  My parents send money back and both fund the cost of education for various students.

• Love 2

To all the posters saying they need separate bank accounts:  They only need to do this if they have differing "spending philosophies" which they clearly do.  From the beginning, Chantel's family made sure Pedro knew what was Chantel's was Chantel's.  Apparently Chantel does not feel the same about Pedro's money.  People have commented that Pedro's family live better than Pedro and Chantel, but if Chantel can only afford to support half of their current lifestyle than it's really none of her business how much money Pedro sends to the DR as SHE is the one who established the ground rules.  If she would like them to upgrade then they need to discuss if he is willing to spend more on a lifestyle he may or may not want.  He was clearly willing to spend money to move to Savanah but I think that was really because it would afford them the opportunity to get away from her family.

1 hour ago, Neurochick said:

When my mother-in-law was ill I had no idea how long my husband would be gone.  I told him to stay as long as he felt necessary.  Since I knew my presence would not be a help (yes, I like my MIL but having a "stranger" around while she was ill would only cause her more stress) it never even occurred to me to go.  And yes, several years ago, we decided that if we ever wanted to travel anywhere except to visit our respective families we should definitely do separate trips.

• Love 4
(edited)

I dislike both Family Chantel and Family Pedro. 

I understand that Chantel’s parents weren’t thrilled that their daughter married a man from a poor country without job-skills, prospects, or money. Green Card scams do happen, so I understand their concern. However, they could have given him a chance to prove himself. They were hostile from the beginning and Mother Chantel is downright offensive with taking off her rings and getting a stun gun. When the stun gun came out, Chantel should have finally put down her foot and informed her family that things have gone too far. She didn’t. She just sat there looking stupid.   Family Pedro is just as bad. Is Mother Pedro really a lawyer, or does she just work for a lawyer? Has anybody researched that? It doesn’t make sense to me that neither of  her children has much of an education if she is indeed a lawyer. Both Lidia and Nicole have been rude to Family Chantel and they are no better than them.

As far as Pedro not wanting Chantel to come to the DR is concerned, I totally get that. My family is in Germany and when my husband comes along, it is a completely different dynamic. Instead of being able to spend one-on-one time with my mother, I have to consider what my husband would like to do as well. I have to translate a lot and can’t have hours of conversation with my mother. And my husband and my family genuinely like each other.  Of course, I usually know when I will be back. I think Chantel made a mistake going to the DR against Pedro’s wishes.  Showing up uninvited and unwanted isn’t going to solve her marital problems. Pedro and Chantel need to sit down together and make some basic decisions on how they are going to run their marriage. Without any input from either family.

Edited by Cini
  • Love 7

I think Pedro’s sister gets a kick out of winding Chantel up. Chantel thinks she’s some  kind of upper middle class princess with her “classy” lock  jawed  attempts at speaking Spanish and looking down her nose at his family. And the way her folks and siblings acted when they came to visit... as if they were going to be shot at or attacked  by feral dogs and turning their noses up at the food, it all set the stage for exactly what’s going on now. 

Then Chantel gets to the DR and it’s all about “ your mother better treat me with respect” “your sister better be nice to me”

when she finally says her family isn’t perfect, she immediately tosses  in that Pedro and Nicole aren’t innocent  AND NEITHER ARE YOU. 

I  can’t really see how they’re going to resolve things now. There’s so much anger on both sides. Personally l think family Pedro could come around. Pedro made his point by returning to the hotel with Chantel and It’s clear he learned that from somewhere. His mom didn’t get all hysterical and cry and beg him to stay. I think she will come around. The sister will be a tougher nut, but it’s obvious she loves her brother, so fingers crossed. 

Chantels family? Especially mom and siblings, are going to be hard to deal with. I think if they can get daddy away from the others he’d be more reasonable, that’s if he’s got the balls to stand up to mother Chantel. 

• Love 7

All moving to Savannah would do is isolate Chantel, while allowing Pedro’s family to keep taking financial advantage of them and their own nasty behavior to go unchecked. There is no way that that marriage would be okey-dokey as long as Pedro refuses to set boundaries with his own family. 

I don’t weep for Pedro. Much like Chantel, it’s ridiculous to blame everything on your spouse without looking in the mirror. He’s no more trying to work on his marriage than she is. His solutions are opportunistic.

• Love 4
(edited)
28 minutes ago, brillia79 said:

All moving to Savannah would do is isolate Chantel, while allowing Pedro’s family to keep taking financial advantage of them and their own nasty behavior to go unchecked. There is no way that that marriage would be okey-dokey as long as Pedro refuses to set boundaries with his own family. 

I don’t weep for Pedro. Much like Chantel, it’s ridiculous to blame everything on your spouse without looking in the mirror. He’s no more trying to work on his marriage than she is. His solutions are opportunistic.

Isolate Chantal?  Is that what it is when you live four hours from your toxic family?  Isolation?  She can't make new friends?  She is isolated in a city four hours away where she speaks the language and ostensibly can work and go to school?  

The only thing Chantal would have been isolated from in Savannah was her awful family who will never show her husband respect and will always shit all over him.  She chose her parents over her husband.....it's lucky for her Pedro didn't make the same decision.  

So Pedro has to "set boundaries" with his family for something he was doing before he met Chantal ....but Chantal doesn't have to set boundaries of basic respect with her family?  

What exactly is it that Chantal wants to buy with that money?  What is she missing out on in life that the little money he sends them is such a big deal?  It clearly makes him happy to provide for his mother and sister.  So what big ticket item does Chantal need that she can't get because he is sending like $200 home a month?  Better weave hair?  Longer fake lashes?  Is whatever she needs worth the fight and the misery, or does she just want to win? Is whatever it is she is dying to use that $200 bucks on really going to matter.  She gets divorced and she will have her extra $200 a month...I hope whatever it is was worth her marriage.

How was it opportunistic for him if they moved.  He has a job in Atlanta.  Is the "opportunism" that he doesn't want to live next to people who always, always take a dump on him and Chantal tries to force him to be around?  How is that wrong, she should want to be out of that negative environment too...if she gave a shit about her marriage and her husband...which she doesnt.

Edited by RealReality
  • Love 6
(edited)
36 minutes ago, RealReality said:

Isolate Chantal?  Is that what it is when you live four hours from your toxic family?  Isolation?  She can't make new friends?  She is isolated in a city four hours away where she speaks the language and ostensibly can work and go to school?  

The only thing Chantal would have been isolated from in Savannah was her awful family who will never show her husband respect and will always shit all over him.  She chose her parents over her husband.....it's lucky for her Pedro didn't make the same decision.  

So Pedro has to "set boundaries" with his family for something he was doing before he met Chantal ....but Chantal doesn't have to set boundaries of basic respect with her family?  

What exactly is it that Chantal wants to buy with that money?  What is she missing out on in life that the little money he sends them is such a big deal?  It clearly makes him happy to provide for his mother and sister.  So what big ticket item does Chantal need that she can't get because he is sending like $200 home a month?  Better weave hair?  Longer fake lashes?  Is whatever she needs worth the fight and the misery, or does she just want to win? Is whatever it is she is dying to use that $200 bucks on really going to matter.  She gets divorced and she will have her extra $200 a month...I hope whatever it is was worth her marriage.

How was it opportunistic for him if they moved.  He has a job in Atlanta.  Is the "opportunism" that he doesn't want to live next to people who always, always take a dump on him and Chantal tries to force him to be around?  How is that wrong, she should want to be out of that negative environment too...if she gave a shit about her marriage and her husband...which she doesnt.

If the whole point is to be away from her family with no checks on his (at no time outside of Sunday’s episode was he setting boundaries with his family - He was even lying about the money he was sending and got called on it by Lydia), then yes, isolate her from her family. I said what I said.

I’ve given enough examples of Pedro’s own toxic family, how he capitulates to them, and how he does not back up Chantel. Enough to show that she is not the only one who is failing at cleaving unto her spouse.

We know Chantel makes enough money to sponsor a K1 visa for Pedro. Per Paul, that’s around $26000 minimum. I believe Chantel has even mentioned picking up the slack when Pedro sends too much home. Maybe she wants to make sure the rent and utilities are covered for the month with both their funds. She wanted a 1 bedroom apartment. Maybe she wants savings. Perhaps money to put towards buying a home. But yes, let’s just boil it down to hair weaves and lashes. Never mind the things young married couples often save towards while building their futures together. Acknowledging that would make it too hard to absolve Pedro 100% while making Chantel out to be a shrew.

Who actually even knows how much money he sends? He’s already lied to her before. And TVs, laptops, clothes, toiletries, shipping, rent, utilities, food, etc. cost more than $200.

What was confusing about Pedro’s opportunistic solutions to their marital woes? This is what he was proposing during the Savannah trip: cut off her family, but let his family keep running roughshod over them. That is not a decent solution for both of them. That’s all for his benefit. Opportunistic. Because I said what I said.

Edited by brillia79
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, Lemur said:

Canadian here, and I always string lights from the bottom to better hide the extension cord. 

• Love 4