Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E07: Into The Lion's Den

• Start Topic

I think we are all digging deep for an explanation on Azan and Nicole, lol. It seems simple on the surface: Azan lives on a separate continent and has total control over when Nicole can see him/talk to him. It's 100% in his hands. He gets a monthly allowance from her (in her words, for him "to live") and he doesn't really have to do anything to earn it. He lives his life just like he would if Nicole were not in it but he is just spending her money doing it. Azan has nothing to lose. If a stranger in another country contacted you and said "I will send you money every month and you don't have to do anything for it", would you turn it away? Because essentially that is what Nicole is doing. She has no say in this relationship, in seeing him, or even speaking to him. She has even said he has gone days without responding to her because "he was tired". He has called all the shots and he could carry this on for years and years and Nicole would still be none the wiser. 

• Love 16
1 hour ago, Hannah94 said:

She has even said he has gone days without responding to her because "he was tired".

Yes!!  And to quote her stepdad: "What has he got to be tired about?  He is unemployed!!"

• LOL 10
  • Love 5

I think the Nichole/Azan storyline is TLC producer driven.  The whole drama has passed its prime.   TLC was hoping for another Mo/Dani shit show, but it hasn’t panned out.  Nichole isn’t that good of an actress.  She doesn’t have the emotion she once had.  It’s obvious Azan is done.   If he was in it for $$$, the big paycheck would be going to Granada to be paid by the show.   

• Love 1
2 hours ago, LGGirl said:

I think the Nichole/Azan storyline is TLC producer driven.  The whole drama has passed its prime.   TLC was hoping for another Mo/Dani shit show, but it hasn’t panned out.  Nichole isn’t that good of an actress.  She doesn’t have the emotion she once had.  It’s obvious Azan is done.   If he was in it for $$$, the big paycheck would be going to Granada to be paid by the show.   

That's interesting.  Nicole is reality TV gold, but she needs someone to play off of and I don't know what she will do if azan refuses to film.  

Her desperate attempts to contact him can only entertain so long.  I guess they can see if she can play "where's azan?" in morrocco and maybe involve his aunt and the rest of his family....maybe have her confront her at the gym.

The fallout could maybe last a season, but if azan isn't game she has to find another victim boyfriend.  And I don't know if watching the same thing with another azan would be as interesting.

She needs the TLC money, so I don't know what she is going to do if azan is really done.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, Brooklynista said:

Hell, I could use a Nicole. Couple extra hundred a month and I just have to deal with a few annoying calls a week? 

No kidding, I have some student loans that need repaying......

• LOL 1
3 minutes ago, DropTheSoap said:

Pao's statements all seem to start with "I want." At this point, that should just be implied since that's the subtext in any case.

I just watched the scene where she wrote a letter to her baby and nattered on about the miscarriage.  I had to mute it.  

Libby, you don't know how to put a baby registry together you don't know how to put a life together.  " if it were up to me it would just have a bunch of cute clothes and lots of fun stuff and maybe a headband."  Kind of like a metaphor for your life just lots of fun no responsibility la dee da, la dee da!!

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Watching the last 20 mins of this episode again before tonight's new episode begins (though I'll be switching back and forth between that and 20/20).

Thoughts:  1. Pedro's mother's short hair looks really good.  2. Chantal's terribly low cut dress- wth??  She looks really cheap.  3. Lizzie was really stirring the pot with Andrei.  She married him, and he should come first, not her family.  Sorry.  He'd do better without all of the BS from her sisters.  But again, it's probably producer driven.

• Love 2
On 6/10/2019 at 12:22 AM, DaphneCat said:

While Andrei was VERY heavy handed about the phone (and I'm NOT saying his actions were correct) he actually had a very good point about the sisters.  STOP ENGAGING!  

But phones are the lifeblood of this franchise.   Take away the phones, stop the engaging, and it all grinds to a screeching halt.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
On 6/15/2019 at 9:15 PM, Porkchop said:

I'm skipping all entries that include the names Pedro or Chantal! Aaarrgh! And now you tell me they are going to have their own show? That's the worst news ever. 

I love you for stating what I was thinking! 

I don't give 2 hoots in hell who started the fight. I don't care, I don't care. 

A series of their own? Hopefully, it will be sandwiched between the Pimple-Popper and the (gross) bathing together mother/daughters.If TLC can keep all that gross stuff together in one night.......I'll be thankful. The Loser Channel?

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
On 6/16/2019 at 2:50 PM, RealReality said:

She needs the TLC money, so I don't know what she is going to do if azan is really done.

She’s starting a You Tube channel with Azan silly. It’s going to be a huge money maker. 

Nicole has a very active fantasy life I’m afraid. She’s now 25 with little education, even less work experience and no money. Azan has probably even less of all three. But in her mind, once she marries Azan everything will be coming up prize winning roses.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Jennifersdc said:

She’s starting a You Tube channel with Azan silly. It’s going to be a huge money maker. 

Nicole has a very active fantasy life I’m afraid. She’s now 25 with little education, even less work experience and no money. Azan has probably even less of all three. But in her mind, once she marries Azan everything will be coming up prize winning roses.

LOL!  Well, to be fair, I'd probably snark watch a show about azan moving to the United States and finding creative ways to avoid touching Nicole.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
On 6/21/2019 at 8:41 PM, RealReality said:

azan moving to the United States and finding creative ways to avoid touching Nicole.  

Body Cast? and perpetual Ramadan

• LOL 4
On 6/16/2019 at 3:23 AM, Jeanne222 said:

Azan has it made!  I wonder if he has more Nicole's???

definitely!

The world is his oyster  Nicole

• LOL 1
14 minutes ago, TMI said:

One of these days someone is going to give dummy Nicole a calendar of religious holidays and azan will be devestated .  He will have to make up some holidays that they only celebrate in his particular denomination.

I like the body cast idea though.  He can also fake a heart attack.  He could also play dead, but I'm not sure that would stop Nicole.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, RealReality said:

He could also play dead, 

He could have his aunt call him in dead....like the potential sister wife did...

I actually think that is the only way he will be able to ditch Nicole

• Love 1
23 hours ago, TMI said:

LOL! Sounds like an episode of Three’s Company. I imagine there’s a Love Rat school where they teach these dudes how to play this game. Perhaps the “ditch the mark” lesson is part of the intermediate level. Clearly, Mo mastered that, class. He should’ve come back to Morocco to teach to enterprising love rats like Azan.

• Love 4
On 6/3/2019 at 1:36 PM, Mrs. Hanson said:

Nicole will say the others are all just haters and jealous and forge on ahead.

Such misplaced determination. Its as if someone placed a motorized toy car directly in front of a wall. The car just bangs into the wall over and over and over.

• Love 1
On 6/4/2019 at 8:06 PM, Mrs. Hanson said:

Nicole is a knucklehead mom who will always put "Her World" before May.  Someday May will realize it more than she already knows and the sad part it......Nicole won't care.  She will probably just blame May for not accepting "Daddy."

Nicole must be developmentally challenged in some way that would be interesting to learn about from her mother. Either that or she suffered from early trauma that Robbalee might not even realize happened (I am thinking about Attachment Theory). She represents tens of thousands of other women and men just like her who unfortunately have children. Its just sad reality.

On 6/10/2019 at 12:22 AM, DaphneCat said:

While Andrei was VERY heavy handed about the phone (and I'm NOT saying his actions were correct) he actually had a very good point about the sisters.  STOP ENGAGING!  He doesn't seem to like them and he doesn't think they like him either so stop trying to make "happy family" happen.  She's no different than Chantel in that respect.  Libby has made one of the (almost) fatal flaws in a marriage - bitching to her family about her husband.  When you are telling your family about a fight or a problem I guarantee you will never say "and then there was the part where I was a total bitch to him."  You're only going to tell your side.  And after involving her entire family in their drama she can't figure out why they won't just drop it.  Then she goes back to Andrei and bitches about her family.  Lather, rinse, repeat.  If she wants to see her family (and of course she should be able to) they should have a rule that if ANYONE brings up Andrei (other than in the most innocuous way) the other person should simply refuse to talk about it.

I'm happy that you said that. There is lots of hate now for Andrei and being a male I don't want to appear to be defending him for his poor decisions and his repeated bleatings  and chest thumping about being "Man of the house".  BUT.... Libby, just like Chantel, is a shit stirrer and turns their respective families even further against their spouses with every gossipy complaint they make about their spouses to said families. This in turn makes the spouse (both of whom are foreigners without large support systems) even more defensive and erratic. 

Marriage should mean that both individuals put their spouses ABOVE their other relationships. Almost any wedding vow states that or implies it. They should present a united front to all persons on the OUTSIDE of that marriage.  That is why its considered so special and sacred. Its truly unique. A club of two people who may fight in private but keep most of their issues to themselves. I know that is Ideal and not always what happens. I know that there are exceptions in cases of abuse.  But these young, married couples need to try harder to keep their extended families OUT of their internal marital struggles.

I'm kinda hoping Andrei decides to take Libby back to Moldovia at this point. Maybe he actually WOULD work there.  At least her family would not be in her business all the time and she would not be so tempted to tell them everything Andrei does wrong.

• Love 4
On 6/11/2019 at 1:03 AM, RealReality said:

Pedro left his mother's house with his wife....who, was being a giant beeyotch.  Pedro lives in another country with chantal.  I don't see momma's boy.  I'm pretty sure that Chantal didn't leave with Pedro after the fight that her family started.

Just because someone will choose you over their family doesnt mean you should put them in that position.  Pedro didn't stop Chantal from going to Thanksgiving at her parents and show up and demand she leave.  I'll never understand Chantal showing up to make a scene just because she could.  That seems so mean spirited and petty, and designed to hurt someone you claim to love.

So yeah, this all lies at Chantals feet.  She has had plenty of opportunity to fix her marriage, but she was focused on talking over Pedro, letting her family treat him like shit, blaming him for everything and refusing to take any proactive steps to distance them from her family since she definitely won't insist that they not shit all over him all the time.

Pedro redeemed himself with his behavior when Chantel inserted herself into his pleasant vacation. He wasn't perfect. That night of dancing got out of hand but I think shit stirring sister Nicole set that up. However, he tried to get his mom to allow Chantel to stay with him in their apartment. He met Chantel at the airport with a bouquet of flowers. He booked a nice hotel room for them. And he stuck with his wife and left Mama Pedro's apartment after things got heated between the two women. I think this showed maturity and devotion to Chantel. I am still waiting for such a display from princess Chantel.

• Love 1