Type keyword(s) to search

SO3.E23 A Mom's Parade

As soon as I heard Katy Mixon say "It's a musical. Get over it!" I knew it wasn't worth watching and it's probably over. What a shame. Whether the laziness comes from the writers or producers, if they don't care why should I? Too bad. It could've been a good show.

• Love 7

Ugh, a musical episode. Took about 10 minutes to watch since I FF through the songs.

Why doesn't Katie use Greg's office for work calls? Or better yet teach her kids some manners! In my house growing up you NEVER interrupt someone on the phone unless it's an emergency.

• Love 9
(edited)

Be Westport or whatever it was called was the only good song. She does have a really good voice tho. And once again a Taylor joke stole the whole thing for me. It says Washington? I thought it said wash a ton so I did 6 times. Just the way she delivered it  

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
56 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Be Westport or whatever it was called was the only good song. She does have a really good voice tho. And once again a Taylor joke stole the whole thing for me. It says Washington? I thought it said wash a ton so I did 6 times. Just the way she delivered it  

True, however, what was really going on with the point of being a musical outside the writers wanted to try it? Plus, you think Greg would learn by now, that as soon as something valuable or rare is in his house, problems are going to happen. Love the out takes. 

• Love 3

I miss the production numbers in "The Real O'Neals." These weren't them. But Katy does have pipes. I just wish the material had been more memorable.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, Bobbin said:

I miss the production numbers in "The Real O'Neals." These weren't them. But Katy does have pipes. I just wish the material had been more memorable.

I agree, when the episode was over I was like: "So, that's it?" I don't feel that Taylor or Oliver learned anything. Katie still is going to have to deal with crap from the town next season and Greg needs to stop being part of these groups. They are going to get him killed.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

Aw, I love the musicals!  Heck, I still miss Cop Rock!  Plus, Katy has the chops, so it worked for me.  

Not sure any of the kids really learned anything at all, but at least Katie got a couple of Thank yous.

Poor Greg!  I appreciate his interest in the history of the area.  No way should they have taken the flag out of the case, though.  

• Love 9
8 minutes ago, zoey1996 said:

Not sure any of the kids really learned anything at all, but at least Katie got a couple of Thank yous.

Poor Greg!  I appreciate his interest in the history of the area.  No way should they have taken the flag out of the case, though.  

Of course the Kids didn't learn anything, start of next season they will be doing stupid things again and if they expect Taylor will go to college, they better take a big look at how duh duh she gets. 

For Greg, he never learns, he just doesn't!

I didn't care for this episode, but not because of the musical aspect. I can't stand when TV shows and movies have the mother be all desperate for validation and gratitude from the people around them. This smacked of what I didn't like in the pilot, and had they continued down that route I would've stopped watching almost immediately. It's interesting because last night's "The Kids Are Alright" had a similar plot where Peg was pissed when she thought she was being taken for granted but they handled it in such a way where I wasn't rolling my eyes and groaning, "Get over it" at the TV.

On a positive note, I was pleasantly surprised by everyone's singing voices, particularly Katie's and Cooper's. And that catchy little Westport number was stuck in my head for no less than an hour after the episode ended. 😄

• Love 4
2 hours ago, JenLily said:

On a positive note, I was pleasantly surprised by everyone's singing voices, particularly Katie's and Cooper's.

I remember Katy's singing voice from her role as Victoria in Mike & Molly.  There was a poignant scene where she was making up a dearly departed (she played a make-up artist for a funeral home) and she softly sang  "Paparazzi."  I think there were a few other times with her singing, always good.

• Love 3

If I insisted on no socks (on a day that clearly doesn't require more than a light jacket and most people aren't wearing even that) my mom would have just told me fine, but don't complain when you're cold. I would learn. (Or not, but she wouldn't have to hear about it.)

Why is Taylor hanging out with three random guys and not her boyfriend?

• Love 3

Ok, putting on my fire suit, I loved____ this episode.  The musical and dancing sections were well done, all involved should be congratulated on all their hard work and efforts that's required to make this all happen. I understand musicals aren't everyone's cup of tea, heck, when I was in my 20's,  I didn't care for them either. Somewhere along the way I learned that a lot of work goes into making it happen.  It always amazes me how Busby Berkeley could produce such precise choreography on such a grand scale. Rare to see in this day and age.

• Love 9
(edited)

Well I didn't hate this episode but I didn't love it either.  I was a big "Crazy ex-Girlfriend" fan so I'm no stranger to the musical aspect in a comedy, and I can like it, just not on a regular basis on this particular show.  I think it was a fun idea for a season finale, although it didn't really do anything for the characters or their story lines.  It did, however, showcase their musical talents well.  I didn't know Katy could sing like that.  We did get to hear Taylor sing on another episode and her talent rivals if not eclipses Katy's.  So I get why the show wanted to make this episode, and I can live with it once but please, no more. 

And yes to Taylor hanging out with 3 random Josh's out of the blue seeming weird and off.  Plus the musical numbers fit in awkwardly with the rest of the show, except maybe for the Westport one, which I liked.  I think they must have liked the "Crazy ex" idea but didn't know how to do it as well.  So let's hope they don't do it again.

Edited by Yeah No
  • Love 1

I usually hate musical episodes but I thought this was pretty good. It helps when the singers can actually sing and the songs aren't awful. I was pleasantly surprised by how well the actors did, and that Westport number at the Bistro was surprisingly catchy. Nice way to end the season.

• Love 5
On 6/3/2019 at 7:57 PM, One4Sorrow2TooBad said:

Why do they move shows to Friday night?  I was just getting used to it on Tuesday night.

What?!

That's  no good. Friday is where shows go to die. I really like this show.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, One4Sorrow2TooBad said:

100% right,  Friday evenings seem to be the place when networks want a show to just go away.

Yep, look at Speechless, of course they renewed Fresh off the Boat for another year which Wu didn't like at ALL.

(edited)
On 6/7/2019 at 2:31 PM, Aryanna said:

What?!

That's  no good. Friday is where shows go to die. I really like this show.

Not always shows like Ghost Whisper ( that show made it 5 freaking seasons on Friday nights) and last man standing anything that TGIF did lol Dallas back in its day and some other shows have done really well on Fridays ..and now with dvr and +7 streaming they take in to account I wouldn't call it a death nail just yet and if they own the show outright and arnt getting it from another studio  and next season being the 4th with eyes on syndication and 5+ seasons being easier to sell... I think they are betting that the audience will follow it and if not DVR or stream it so as long as those don't drop then the show should be fine ... look at me talking like I know what the hell im talking about lol ...

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 3
On 6/10/2019 at 6:35 PM, Keywestclubkid said:

Not always shows like Ghost Whisper ( that show made it 5 freaking seasons on Friday nights) and last man standing anything that TGIF did lol Dallas back in its day and some other shows have done really well on Fridays ..and now with dvr and +7 streaming they take in to account I wouldn't call it a death nail just yet and if they own the show outright and arnt getting it from another studio  and next season being the 4th with eyes on syndication and 5+ seasons being easier to sell... I think they are betting that the audience will follow it and if not DVR or stream it so as long as those don't drop then the show should be fine ... look at me talking like I know what the hell im talking about lol ...

Good points. Maybe you do know what you're talking about. Except for death nail. It's knell...not nail.

😁

• LOL 1
  • Love 1