Type keyword(s) to search

SSS: Speculation and Anticipation for Future Seasons

• Start Topic

Anyone wondering if this is coming back? Even if everyone from the previous seasons bailed, there has to be other couples out there , or maybe they could add a polyIamory show with different relationship configurations, I don't know. Last season was such a cluster, certainly a hard act to follow. I don't know about you all but I'm still butthurt over the WTF happened Snowden debacle, and then we had the Jennifer thing with the other family, Brandy-gate with yet another family. All that was so soul-sucking I hardly remember the non-drama family. Hopefully, whatever follows will feel 'real' and not have the taint of 'well, someone who knew someone asked this person to be in the show' or that any couple/woman is doing it just for tv money.

• Love 1
On 5/19/2019 at 10:00 PM, BlackWidow said:

Anyone wondering if this is coming back? Even if everyone from the previous seasons bailed, there has to be other couples out there , or maybe they could add a polyIamory show with different relationship configurations, I don't know. Last season was such a cluster, certainly a hard act to follow. I don't know about you all but I'm still butthurt over the WTF happened Snowden debacle, and then we had the Jennifer thing with the other family, Brandy-gate with yet another family. All that was so soul-sucking I hardly remember the non-drama family. Hopefully, whatever follows will feel 'real' and not have the taint of 'well, someone who knew someone asked this person to be in the show' or that any couple/woman is doing it just for tv money.

I'd like to see the Winders again, and maybe the Alldredges, if they can find a legitimate candidate for sister wife and not these fake-ass wannabe-famous ones they've come up with so far. Definitely DO NOT want to see the McGees. Don't get me wrong, they were reality gold, but I've seen all the co-dependent dysfunction I need to see from them. 

The Snowdens? Since I imagine they are the big draw here, I suppose it's inevitable that they will be back, if the show comes back. I guess I'm ok with that. They really need to loosen up a little though, especially Ashley. Sometimes the dialogue is so awkward - they don't seem like a couple that has been together forever. Dimitri was way more relaxed with his friends than he ever seems at home. Ashley never seems like she's having a good time.

• Love 2
On 5/23/2019 at 1:33 PM, Gothish520 said:

I'd like to see the Winders again, and maybe the Alldredges, if they can find a legitimate candidate for sister wife and not these fake-ass wannabe-famous ones they've come up with so far. Definitely DO NOT want to see the McGees. Don't get me wrong, they were reality gold, but I've seen all the co-dependent dysfunction I need to see from them. 

The Snowdens? Since I imagine they are the big draw here, I suppose it's inevitable that they will be back, if the show comes back. I guess I'm ok with that. They really need to loosen up a little though, especially Ashley. Sometimes the dialogue is so awkward - they don't seem like a couple that has been together forever. Dimitri was way more relaxed with his friends than he ever seems at home. Ashley never seems like she's having a good time.

It's probably getting to be about the time these shows rethink the format , you know the whole 'couch talks', endless invented 'celebrations'.. somehow the reality has gone out of it and many of these shows have become a little too slick - you know when the viewers are skeptical of whether the ppl are actors it's starting to feel fake. I know there are tons of ppl into this though because there is some dating site out there for sisterwives and there are tons of couples on there so they would have a lot of real people to choose from.  Oh and here's a gem  http://thebreadwinnerpodcast.libsyn.com/dimitri-snowden-episode-51-the-breadwinner-podcast-ft-tyler-harris

I don't know, this ontological architect thing sounds like so much BS anymore. I don't know if I believe this brother has a real job. They do give off the air of hustlers. Sure they might have been the most interesting of the bunch, but is that saying much?

• Love 2
On 5/19/2019 at 8:00 PM, BlackWidow said:

Anyone wondering if this is coming back?

You asked that question back in May, and now it is getting close the middle of February.  I googled the question and the last time it was answered (whether there will be a season 3 or not) was back in April of 2019.  The show may not be cancelled, but it sounds like it's dead in the water and not going anywhere.

• Love 2
On 1/29/2021 at 3:26 AM, lu1535 said:

I just read that season 3 is to premier Feb. 28. Woohoo! Let the shenanigans commence! 

Hopefully it won't only be on Discovery+. 😡

I saw this update and squee-d.

Why, yes, I am embarrassed. Thanks for asking.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
18 hours ago, SilverLake0315 said:

IS it on Discovery+? My guide is showing a 2-hour 90 Day Fiance on the 28th from 8-10 ET. No listing for SSW.

My TV guide shows the same as yours but if you Google the show, many sites say premiere Sunday the 28th on TLC. I guess we shall see!🤞

• Love 1

Yeah it seems a bunch of sites wrote it’s the premier on 2/28 but forgot to inform TLC. 😉 You know TLC, when a show is returning, you see those commercials at every commercial break. Plus nothing is on the TLC site. And you know Dimitri would be promoting the hell out of it and there’s nothing on his IG. So I’m about positive nothing is coming back Sunday night. With 90DF and SW, the time slots are full. Plus Unexpected is returning to Sunday nights in March. 

• Useful 1

I am shamefully excited this is coming back! Although, I'm bummed about who is and isn't returning.

Also, I have to agree with Jarod's reply to Tayler's comment. I'm not sure why she's so bent out of shape over the show returning when the problematic Snowdens will not be part of it.

• Love 3
On 4/4/2022 at 10:13 AM, SilverLake0315 said:

I am shamefully excited this is coming back! Although, I'm bummed about who is and isn't returning.

Also, I have to agree with Jarod's reply to Tayler's comment. I'm not sure why she's so bent out of shape over the show returning when the problematic Snowdens will not be part of it.

What did Tayler comment?  

I'm ashamed I have watched this show from Season 1 on.  I can see why the Winders won't be back...very little drama there.  They were the only people thus far that seemed to be content with their polygamist relationship.  The Allredges were like that, too, although the Jennifer chick added some drama.

Sidian and Tosha again?  And the Merrifields?  Wow.

I think "Bert" had and has no intention of getting pregnant with Ick's baby.  Ick is loathsome with a capital L.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
53 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

What did Tayler comment?  

It's within the link that was posted announcing the show's return 🙂 Basically, she thinks it's inexcusable that the show wasn't canceled after what went down with the Snowdens.

• Love 1
On 4/5/2022 at 12:47 PM, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

I am also confused with the two women who are married to each other, wouldn't they be a throuple? 

It could be totally just for legal reasons - maybe it is cheaper for Wife #1 to carry Wife#2 on her insurance? Maybe it made more sense in taxes?

I have poly friends who have legal marriages based solely on tax benefits. 

• Useful 1

Danielle, Garrick, and "Brazilian Bombshell" Roberta are back.  It probably says bad things about me that I am excited to see this trainwreck back on my screen.  Of course, give me ten minutes, and I'll be sad for Danielle again.  I'd say Garrick is the worst but it is a battle royale for that title on this show. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 4/5/2022 at 10:47 AM, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

I am also confused with the two women who are married to each other, wouldn't they be a throuple? 

Couples/throuples/poly families are whatever they define themselves to be.  They are more than two people so they are poly.  

• Love 2

Anyone else think this show is a whole new low for TLC.  The only half decent couple, The Winders weren't invited back and apparently they weren't interested either, the way the show was going. It seems to be solely based on sex for most of them.  Even Garrick or whatever his name is looking like a winner compared to the rest of the cast. Knowing TLC it will continue on indefinitely.

• Like 1
  • Applause 3
On 1/11/2024 at 3:30 PM, PrincessPurrsALot said:

Sometimes I worry about how much joy I get from trash TV.   

I caught a few minutes of a rerun earlier this evening and I was absolutely gleeful. There’s trash tv and there’s REAL trash tv. Looking at you, Garrick. I’ll be watching on March 4th.

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

I caught a few minutes of a rerun earlier this evening and I was absolutely gleeful. There’s trash tv and there’s REAL trash tv. Looking at you, Garrick. I’ll be watching on March 4th.

Me, too.  Ick has a certain bad fascination for me.  Like, I can't fathom how he got one woman, let alone more than that.  Curious me wants to know how much $ they gave ol' Bert.  😜

Some people never learn.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Yep.  I wondered why they'd show a clip of Ick and whatsherface saying "we're not dumb" and then laughing hysterically.

Then Ick talks about the new one they have on the line and she's 25.  Whatsherface does NOT look happy.

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 1
(edited)

Dannnielle!  That's her name!

Why in the world would those two morons have ANOTHER child?  They already ignore the ones they have now.

Edited by goofygirl
  • Like 3