Type keyword(s) to search

Bob's Burgers - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Bob and Linda head out on the town for a date - but to Linda's dismay, Bob's idea of romance proves "trivial." Meanwhile, a wild chinchilla chase ensues after the school pet that Louis was charged with watching escapes out the front door.

Neighbor: Baby Got Back Problems Physical Therapy

Exterminator:

Burger of The Day: Sweet Chili O'Mine Burger

That True Lies helicopter was one of the most random merch ideas ever. No shock that it was a lousy product.

"I'm not like Arnold Schwarzenegger in True Lies! I'm not even Tom Arnold in True Lies! Or even Roseanne!"

Gene does not have the "hero" instinct in him, but he's not Bob. Bob at least tries due to "the principle of the thing," but Gene kept wanting to run. But at least Gene knew that going up against Sheldon with $300 helicopters was dumb idea, especially since the whole war was over a $90 helicopter. And I liked that when Bob said that Gene said the day, Gene had thought about saying it the entire ride home.

I thought Sheldon was such an appropriately lame antagonist for Bob. He was a dick who played with toy helicopters who wouldn't give Bob a refund. Voiced by Dana Snyder. I thought that Terry from Hobby Hole having a grudge against him (he liked eating lunch and wearing shorts!) made the conflict better.

As for Tina, she wanted to do her book report the "right" way, but she doesn't have Linda's showmanship. I liked how Tina freaking out ended up nailing the book report after all.

The ending with Bob wonder how Gene & Louise got out of class and Teddy showing up right at the end was great.

I liked both stories. I'm glad the guys from the Hobby Hole showed up because I didn't want to see Bob get horribly defeated.

It was strange seeing Gene be the reasonable one. 

I loved the thing at the beginning when Bob opens the box, and you hear each person react -- "Hmm." "Huh." "Hmm." "Huh." "Hmm."

The animation is always nicely detailed. I love when Tina, tied to the wheelbarrow, was walking to bed, and the wheelbarrow turned on its side just like it would do in real life, hitting the side table legs.

Having Teddy pop up at the end was great.

• Love 1

Linda's method of avoiding reading was about 10 times the work that actually reading the book would be

That's how it usually goes. LOL

I loved Tina nail on the book report on sheer nervousness.

• Love 2

I'm not sure how Tina earned the teacher's praise on her book report. Here's the summary of the ending of The Call of the Wild

Eventually he sheds the veneer of civilization, relying on primordial instincts and learned experience to emerge as a leader in the wild.

I thought Bob's story was a little too over the top for real life. When the kids are telling their stories, it works, but his was just kind of stupid. I did like the Hobby Hole workers coming to Bob's aid, but that was about it.

I don't know why this bothers me, but it does: Why does Larry Murphy (Teddy) come before John Roberts (Linda) in the credits? They're not alphabetical, and Linda is a main character to Teddy's secondary character.

I actually liked Gene's resolution. It makes me think when he grows up that he's not going to really give a shit what people think or not get too riled up about dumb shit. And this was some dumb shit. I think that was the point of the plot though.

Not that Gene is going to be a slacker, but he's not going to be one of those 'bro types' that can't get over themselves. I don't see him pining for some girl who dumped him for another guy or him being bullied. 

I came away with a serious question -- how exactly does Louise do her book reports? Because I cannot see her putting on a Linda-like production, and yet she has never read any of her books either. I would have loved to hear her methods because I have a feeling Tina couldn't use them either.

Also I had to suspend my disbelief a little more than usual because, um, wikipedia and sparknotes.

I don't know why this bothers me, but it does: Why does Larry Murphy (Teddy) come before John Roberts (Linda) in the credits? They're not alphabetical, and Linda is a main character to Teddy's secondary character.

It implies Murphy has a better agent than Roberts, basically. Credits are super negotiated. Maybe Murphy was more well-known or in demand at the time the show was cast, or took higher billing for less money or who knows what. Lots of possibilities.

These are the reasons why it was once possible for a 30something (maybe even 40something) Julia Roberts to get an "introducing" credit. She needed no effing introduction; nobody thought she was some brand new starlet, but it's the same reason some people get an "and" or a "with" or a something else to make them stand out in the credits: to make themselves look good. It doesn't have to be logical as to how you'd think about the actual roles in the show (also doesn't necessarily mean someone's a diva either, it can just be to set a precedent about important of a client to use for leverage later).

• Love 1

They're in alphabetical order, but it's for the surnames (which I've noticed is normal for a lot of TV).

So it goes : Benjamin, Mintz, Mirman, Murphy, Roberts, then Schaal.

• Love 3
They're in alphabetical order, but it's for the surnames (which I've noticed is normal for a lot of TV).

So it goes : Benjamin, Mintz, Mirman, Murphy, Roberts, then Schaal.

Actually, alphabetizing by surname is "normal" in general. It's only because of computers and phones that alphabetizing by first name became a "thing." (At least phones and computers give the option of alphabetizing by last name again.)

I could have sworn the credits weren't alphabetical. I'll have to check. If so, then it does make sense that Larry Murphy is before John Roberts, since Teddy became a regular, but I'd still argue that he's a secondary character and shouldn't be in the main cast listing.

• Love 1

Neighbor: Lady & The Clamp: Hardware For Her

Exterminator: Spray's Anatomy

Burger of The Day: The Six Million Dollar Burger

I think Chinchillas are pretty cute, but this show went out of its way to make Princess Little Piddles seem as gross a possible, which was quite a feat. I love how kids Louise's age thought its testicles were "butt boobs."

Teddy's random cameos were great.

"Oh geez. I thought that was Harvey."

"Oh my god I forgot I'm allergic to peanuts!"

Hey, that was Andy Richter as Wayne, and Robert Smigel used his Triumph voice for the security guard.

I knew Andy Richter was in this ep, but I thought Wayne sounded more like Patton Oswalt. Anyway, Wayne was a great character.

Louise: Why is the front door open?

Gene: Maybe because God closed a window?

Loved Teddy driving by singing, "I... wish my radio worked."

Tina carrying Tammy to the window to fart was pretty funny. I'm not generally a fan of fart jokes, but I thought the sound of her fart was very realistic and therefore funny.

When Louise came to Wayne's house and gave him the chinchilla, its face just before Wayne closed the door was awesome.

As for Bob and Linda's story, it was ok. I thought the name of the bar, stoolz, was funny. I also liked the name the trivia master gave them, Date Nights of the Round Table.

Tammy: Oh my God, it worked! Tina's a wizard. Do something else. Make a jean jacket appear on me.
Gene, jumping on Tammy's back: Gene jacket!!!!

Edited by peeayebee

BTW I forget if this tumblr (or others) have been mentioned, but all the exterminator/ next door neighbors are ID'd here.

I'm old enough where we never had pets for school classes, so tell me: Chinchillas for 4th grade class? That's a thing?

Got a kick that Teddy thought he saw "Harvey" when he drove by and saw Louise's bunny ears.

The kids are sentenced to Saturday detention and will do anything it takes to leave early, so they can attend the Cotton Candy Festival. Meanwhile, Bob and Linda believe they are being scammed by a young girl at the restaurant.

I love when the kids have their own adventures. Good for Tina for helping everyone out. And Louise was again pretty nice to return the chinchilla. 

Although, I don't think the kids needed to hide from Teddy. He probably would have helped them out. 

• Love 2

When Wayne first showed up I kept expecting Louise to "slap that mess", so I was glad when she at least slapped Jonas. Poor Shinobu/Atlas/Princess Little-Piddles -- I wonder how much of his problems are caused by Wayne's overcaring. That chinchilla really wanted to stay with Louise.

I agree they should have gotten Teddy to help, but then again he has a tendency to go too far. He's probably have choked-out Jonas and then squashed the chinchilla while trying to save it on the roller rink.

Teddy would never just wait in the car. He wouldn't be able to help himself.

It was nice of Louise to return the chinchilla, but I felt bad for the poor animal. And I liked seeing Wayne since we were introduced to him this season.

No, he wouldn't. It would have been funny if Tina said, "let's get Teddy to help us, and then they all agree why it wouldn't be a good idea."

Gene jacket was hilarious. The way it was shot, with Gene leaping her from off-frame.

Neighbor: Shelfies: Pictures of Shelves!

Exterminator: Bugs Done-Y

Burger of The Day: Let's Give'Em Something Shiitake 'Bout Burger

Ah, a Breakfast Club episode mixed with a fashion show. All because Tammy and Tina wore the same bracelet.

The Belcher family's motto is "Maybe We'll Get Lucky This Time." So true, especially in this episode. Bob and Linda got screwed with the Turtle Camp thing, bot Jimmy Pesto got tricked into getting screwed more.

• Love 1

I loved Tina's runway fantasy where she was clip-clopping like a horse (and had her hair styled like a mane).  I also loved the kids dancing past the window on the kitchen counter at the end (holding cotton candy).  Good episode!

• Love 3

You cannot go wrong with Breakfast Club and Project Runway.

Not sure about Project Runway, but totally agree about "The Breakfast Club."

I'm not always a fan of Tina, but I was cheering every time she gave a zinger back at Tammy. Usually she's so tongue-tied and awkward.

And once again we're treated to how much the Belcher children genuinely love each other and have each others' backs. I love that.

• Love 4

As someone who's not crazy about The Breakfast Club, I'm glad that they didn't focus on it too much, just where it counted.  The end credits were perfect!  I could watch the Belcher's dance all day.

Co-sign about Tina standing up to Tammy.  I love that she's really standing up for herself more and that her Gene and Louise got her back.

And Ms. Schnur's lines were killing me.  "Tammy, Jocelyn, your flirty outfit would send the wrong message to the Chinese food delivery guy.  His name is Enrique and he's already very forward with me."  CTFU!

• Love 1

I hope to remember to sing "Don't You Love Cotton Candy" instead of "Don't you forget about me" the next time I hear Simple Minds.

Me too.

Don't you

love cotton candy

It's made from cotton

And also candy

If your

fingers get sticky

Eat off your hand

Lickety licky

Don't you

love cotton candy

• Love 2

I was surprised Tina gave as good as she got. Usually she isn't so prolific with the zingers. I think it's perfectly normal for teens to be fighting one day and friends the next too. 

I liked that Tina caught on that her bracelet was stupid too. The fact that they had to pry it off Tammy tells me all I need to know. 

Tina was on fire this episode! Loved her giving as good as she got with Tammy, they make excellent frenemies. And everyone holding Tammy down to grab her bracelet cracked me up.

I love The Breakfast Club, so as soon as I saw the kids talking to their parents about detention, I knew some of what we were in for. And it was awesome! I especially liked the Belcher kids dancing as the end.

Oh and yay to Bob finally successfully tricking Jimmy Pesto, even if Bob got screwed as well.

• Love 1