Type keyword(s) to search

The Brown Kids

• Start Topic

22 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Cute kids, all of them.  But I hated them saying Uh-ROAR-a was a 'triplet' to Gwen and Gabe.  G and G should have remained the 'twins.'  Those two were actually together 'from Day One.'

Also Gwen and Gabe are three days a part, Aurora was born the next April! They were just in the same grade because of when the age cut off occurred. 

• Like 7

I was at a concert (Jacob Collier) in Raleigh last Tuesday night and saw a guy there who looked so much like Hunter.  I thought of getting a pic but couldn’t get to my phone fast enough. He wasn’t in NC recently, was he? 

16 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

I must be on a bra kick.  Mykelti needs a bit more support for her girls.

Gwen does, too.  Of course, bra straps with that dress would be tacky.  But there are strapless bras...

• Like 5
23 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

I'll cut Mykelti some slack, she may still be nursing those boys (forgot how old they are now) and it may be hard for her to find one that is a good fit.

• Like 6

I was pregnant in the early 80's, and nursed as well.  I had boobage that was uncomfortable, big as cantaloupes, and could not find a well-fitting pregnancy or nursing bra.  Nowadays, the manufacturers make much bigger cup sizes than they used to.  It was a relief to get back to a D cup, for sure!

• Like 2
(edited)

I had no problem finding an H cup nursing bra in 1980.  All I did was go to the local bra shop.  If they didn't carry it, they ordered it.  

I doubt Mykelti has looked farther than the closest the department store or is using the ones leftover from the last pregnancy.  

Edited by Absolom
  • Like 2
  • Useful 1
4 hours ago, Absolom said:

I had no problem finding an H cup nursing bra in 1980.  All I did was go to the local bra shop.  If they didn't carry it, they ordered it.  

I doubt Mykelti has looked farther than the closest the department store or is using the ones leftover from the last pregnancy.  

Lucky you!  No local bra shops exist (or did then) in my bailiwick.  

Has Gwen announced a wedding date?  How about Christine?  I've heard nothing.

(edited)

I wonder if Kody realizes that Gwen's wedding could be a lucrative filming event.

• It may be the only event to get Leon and Logan to Flagstaff
  • We'd all love to see who walks Gwen down the aisle (I'm guessing Christine or Gabe)
  • Robyn might choose to boycott as she doesn't seem to like Gwen. At a minimum, she'll stay far, far away
  • She might even refuse to let her kids go
  • There will be awkwardness when 4 of the 5 adults see each other
  • We'll learn if Kody is putting anything in for the wedding

Just so much to see of the circus.

Edited by Ms.Lulu
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

I've been watching Gwen's rewatch videos. She's mentioned she's getting married next month, that her mother would never get married in the same month, and that although she and Bea were open to having it filmed, TLC is not planning to do so. That may have changed for the reasons enumerated above (thanks @Ms.Lulu) but I doubt it. I'll be surprised if Kody attends. I'd imagine he is more than offended by Gwen's public airing of her feelings and other details about her childhood. You're right though, he'd be front and center if it involved money and the right kind of attention. For him.

• Like 5
  • Useful 3
10 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

I remember a godawful picture of beautiful Aspyn in a bathing suit several years ago. Just so so unflattering. The need for support seems to run in this family.

• Like 8
10 hours ago, Absolom said:

Doesn't Lulano have bras?

• LOL 6

My general observation from watching many shows on TLC and Bravo is that bras are overrated. Lol (Not my opinion.) Based on what I  see, the larger and droopier the better.  In fact, grab the skimpiest, thinnest most unsupportive top and pose with abandon!  Lol I’m not kidding.  I don’t think I’ve seen anyone in strapless bra in years. 😝Except sports bras.  They seem to be around.  I think they are going the way of the slip.  

https://www.purewow.com/fashion/braless-trend

• Sad 2
  • LOL 4
1 hour ago, Orcinus orca said:

Well, they are going to love it when they get old and their boobs are sitting in their laps.

Not to mention that a good supportive bra takes pounds of your figure and makes you look so much more comfortable in your outfit!  Oh well……lol.

• Like 8
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1
7 hours ago, Orcinus orca said:

Well, they are going to love it when they get old and their boobs are sitting in their laps.

I think that's a bit of a wives tale. I wear a D and my doctor has told me bras are completely optional--they won't prevent sagging. I've heard that from a few doctors and I gave up bras before the pandemic. The only exception is a sports bra when exercising.

I am far more comfortable now. I happily threw out my bras.

And from the Cleveland Clinic:

Wearing a bra doesn’t prevent your breasts from sagging and not wearing one doesn’t cause your breasts to sag.  “Wearing a bra doesn’t affect the risk of breast sagging, or what is called ‘breast ptosis.’

It also won’t impact the shape of your breasts. However, if you are a larger cup size, you may feel more comfortable wearing a bra because it might help alleviate or prevent back pain, which is often due to the weight of your breasts.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 6
14 hours ago, Ms.Lulu said:

I think that's a bit of a wives tale. I wear a D and my doctor has told me bras are completely optional--they won't prevent sagging. I've heard that from a few doctors and I gave up bras before the pandemic. The only exception is a sports bra when exercising.

And from the Cleveland Clinic:

Wearing a bra doesn’t prevent your breasts from sagging and not wearing one doesn’t cause your breasts to sag.  “Wearing a bra doesn’t affect the risk of breast sagging, or what is called ‘breast ptosis.’

It also won’t impact the shape of your breasts. However, if you are a larger cup size, you may feel more comfortable wearing a bra because it might help alleviate or prevent back pain, which is often due to the weight of your breasts.

I think bras may eventually go the way of girdles for many women. My daughter is 19 and many young women of her generation view them as purely optional. 

• Like 3

The EKG tech at the cardiologist's office told me last visit that almost all the over 65 year old women had thrown out their bras.  She even asked me why I bothered being in an underwire.  I told her it was for her convenience and the cardiology office and weddings of my children (they're all done) were the only places getting underwire.  It keeps "the girls" out of the way of the EKG stickers.  

I'm not sure what the best solution would be under the sundresses Christine's daughters are wearing.  The no bra look still looks sloppy to me and for photos they are going to post maybe a bit more effort to look good would be in order, but their mother is the one who showed up at the formal dinner in the astoundingly sloppy black dress so I think I must consider the source.  

• Like 5
23 hours ago, Ms.Lulu said:

I gave up bras before the pandemic. The only exception is a sports bra when exercising.

I rarely wear one anymore either! Since my dx with an autoimmune disease for which the meds make my skin thinner, I stopped because they leave red marks, even sports bras. If I did not work from home, however, I probably would wear one of the latter just to avoid weird looks.

• Like 4
On 6/21/2023 at 2:28 PM, Absolom said:

True.  Before my niece had her reduction surgery at her first wedding she had to go to a specialty shop that dealt in bra's for the larger cup woman.  They were not cheap, they started at about $70.  She went to find one for her wedding dress as it was strapless.  You would be right, if they didn't have it on the rack, they would order it for you.  

I wear DD.  My work bras I just get from Walmart as I need something cooler and less restrictive.  Plus I work in higher temps.  So I need something that will be a little cooler and more comfortable to wear.  But my good ones I buy from Lane Bryant.  They are expensive, but last.  I usually wait for a good sale to purchase more than one.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

Are nursing bras not a thing anymore? Even back in the day they came in larger sizes.

How long ago was Gwen's reduction? When my friend had hers they wanted her in a supportive bra for many months post-op.

In a family with a bunch of large breasted women one would think bras would be an ongoing conversation.

• Like 5
  • Wink 1
17 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Are nursing bras not a thing anymore? Even back in the day they came in larger sizes.

All the maternity stores and Nordstrom sell them.  I'm guessing the lingerie and bra stores also offer them.  Target has them - online even.  I'm sure they're still quite, quite common.

Oh and a couple of bra stores I've used had people who made custom bras and did alterations.  I had to have my first nursing bras altered for band size.  

I don't think Mykelti's problem is availability of the product, but possibly the knowledge that she needs it or the will to obtain it.  Who is going to tell her?  Certainly not Christine.  I'm still shuddering over the black dress mess.

• Like 11

I'm swimming against the current here but I love wearing bras during the day.  The girls feel supported and my clothes tend to drape better on top.

However, when the day is done it's a different matter.  😉

• Like 17
  • Applause 2
24 minutes ago, Rabbit Hutch said:

I'm swimming against the current here but I love wearing bras during the day.  The girls feel supported and my clothes tend to drape better on top.

Table for two.  I absolutely need a bra and wouldn't be caught dead in public without one.  At home is a different situation!

• Like 14
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
54 minutes ago, Orcinus orca said:

Table for two.  I absolutely need a bra and wouldn't be caught dead in public without one.  At home is a different situation!

Table for three.

On a side note, Orc do you have any inside info on the Beat up the Boats gang claiming their oceanic turf? 🐋🙃🐳

• Like 3
25 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

On a side note, Orc do you have any inside info on the Beat up the Boats gang claiming their oceanic turf? 🐋🙃🐳

I wish I did!  The groups that I am most knowledgeable about do not exhibit those behaviors.  There are tons of hypotheses out there but it's so new that it's hard to come up with a real conclusion.  I am guessing that the next Biennial Conference on the Biology of Marine Mammals in 2024 will be a good place to pick up some info. Unfortunately it's in Australia so I won't be going to that one!

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
9 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Table for three.

I don't feel dressed if I'm not wearing one.

• Like 8
1 hour ago, Art Of Noiz said:

But but but butter soft

I've never understood why people want to wear non-breathable fabric. My favorite leggings were the old Danskins. Unfortunately Danskin has stopped making them with cotton too.

• Like 4
  • Useful 2
2 hours ago, Teafortwo said:

I've never understood why people want to wear non-breathable fabric. My favorite leggings were the old Danskins. Unfortunately Danskin has stopped making them with cotton too.

Sometimes it's not that you want to it's what you can afford 

• Like 2
On 6/24/2023 at 11:14 AM, Orcinus orca said:

Scootch over.  In fact, this conversation just reminded me to order a new bra!  Wireless.

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1
17 hours ago, ginger90 said:

According to a wedding registry, Gwen is getting married tomorrow. 

Yes! Congratulations to her! Wasn't she getting married in Spain or some other European country? I wonder if Christine and David went? I'd love to see a photo or two of the happy couple and whatever family was able to go.

• Like 4