Type keyword(s) to search

Selling Sunset - General Discussion

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, NYGirl said:

I loved Maya from the beginning but I'm beginning to notice she's kind of a pot stirrer.  She's always the one to bring up subjects during parties and whenever they're together. I think she's crazy to go back and forth from Miami to LA like that.  Just get your license in Miami and get it over with.  You now have 2 kids.

She is licensed there and works for the Douglas Elliman. https://www.elliman.com/florida/associate/510-a-529-fl-3382081/mayan-van-der-miller Not sure what is holding her to LA.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
21 hours ago, Stan39 said:

True. Lol. But you left out the part where it was about Davina, right? She said if Chrishell opened up to her more, then maybe she could take her side? Then she used some weird analogy of two sides to every story, like how Mary didn’t invite Davina to her wedding? Who the F is Davina? Why should anyone be obligated to tell her anything? The show was way better when it was about real estate, but it was also way better when it had little to no Davina in it. (And I don’t mean that in a, “I’ll hate watch the show because it has Davina in it” kind of way. As another poster put it, she brings nothing to the show. She’s always the Debbie Downer, is un likeable, and seems incompetent) 

Davina would not stop! She was like a dog with a bone. Taking Justin Hartley's side when she doesn't even know him made me wonder if she's interested in him. Seriously! With this season, I really wish they'd show more real estate. 

• Love 13
On 6/28/2020 at 2:00 PM, lynxfx said:

Lol and why is one of the twins blown up even more than the other. It doesn't even make sense if they were trying to fake depth and perspective. They are on the same freakin plane!

The twin with the dark socks, his feet are blown up to huge proportions! This photo is a great laugh on a Monday morning. 

Ugh really not a fan of Amanza. I find her really annoying. She’s not funny at all. Who cares about her stupid family drama. I thought she already had full custody of her kids lol.

Davina is so annoying. Go be a broker then who cares you are an idiot. The 75 million house owner is an idiot. Who would pay 75 million for that place?

Romain and Mary are kind of a joke lol. I always think of lettuce when he’s around too lol.

Justin texting about the divorce is a total dick move  but I doubt Chrishell was blindsided. Chrishell is so dramatic and annoying too.

Edited by Marley
  • Love 2

I finished four episodes. Christine and Davina are no longer fun in a villain/love-to-hate way. Does the season get better? 

The owner of the $75 mil house is a tool. That house is ugly. Whenever they say his name (Adnan), I can't help but think of Adnan Syed and the Serial podcast. 

Felt bad for the twins when the women were talking about pubic hair. Ew! No. Not at work. Not in mixed company. If a man were to talk about that, he'd be sued faster than you can say 'landing strip.' The boob talk at the birthday dinner didn't bother me since it was just the women. 

Edited by Atlanta
  • Love 8

Ugh. Finished ep 7. Please, please tell me that Christine and Davina are playing up the cold mean girl personae for the camera a.k.a. drama plot points so the show will be renewed. The only true sympathy for Chrishell has been from Mary and Amanza who have been there. Of course, no one truly knows what goes on in a marriage except for the two people, but he moved on very fast. I adore Shonda and her fam.

I know things get filmed out of sequence, but Christine has had a wedding ring on for all of the season... before her wedding.

Edited by Atlanta
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
On 8/6/2020 at 2:29 PM, NYGirl said:

Edited to add:  Another thing I cannot stand is the music!!  An Amazon show with Heidi Klum and Tim Gunn had the same type of music and it was so annoying and everybody on the forum was complaining about it.

Also edited to ask the question why are the only men at any party and/or dinner just Romain and the twins?  Where's the other girls' husbands or significant others?

Bring on Season 3 tomorrow!!!!!!

Ronnie and Ben on Watch What Crappen's call the singer on this and bravo shows Trixie Monocle.

On 8/7/2020 at 12:28 PM, Stan39 said:

Does anyone understand Davina’s approach for selling that house? First of all, it’s not going to sell because it’s way overpriced and the owner is a dick, but why did she wait until the listing was almost expired to ask Christine if she had any interested clients? And why not ask all the agents? Seems like one of the benefits for working at an agency would be to facilitate interested parties. Did anyone else think that was odd?

Production probably made her.  Then she got mad because Christina showed the house, to Christina's fiance without even telling her.  The seller won't tell what he paid for the property, but It could easily be googled.  Also, he's a pretentious prig.

On 8/8/2020 at 10:18 PM, Megan said:

Davina's reaction to Chrishell's divorce is so weird it has to be producer shenanigans.

She kept throwing up the fact that he was polite to her the once or twice they met as proof that what? Chrishell was Queen of the Harpies and is lying?

Even with her super tacky dumb wedding, Christine has just become a non-entity.

Like Justin would have been rude to Chrishell's friends.  Not everyone acts like Romain, when you piss them off.

• Love 6

Finally finished the season. Not sure why Christine had a veil. It seemed randomly tacked on the back of her hair. As I've mentioned, when she tried on dresses, she already had two rings on. Yes, I know these shows are staged and scripted to the hilt, but at least make an effort. LOL

Not everyone acts like Romain, when you piss them off.

That makes me respect R all the more.

And a solved blind item https://blindgossip.com/this-is-about-a-divorce/

Edited by Atlanta
Blind Item reveal
  • Love 6

I've been watching this for a few weeks and finally finished. I'm obsessed because it's very trashy and the episodes are short. Has it been renewed for a 4th season?

I thought Christine was bad but fucking hell Davina is heinous. What an absolutely horrible woman. I hope they don't bring her back if there's another season.

The smile Christine had on her face during the wedding was the only time she has ever had a genuine smile imo. 

Romain's Davina hate is so fun. I wish they'd show more of it lol.

• Love 15

I realize this show is about the drama, but I really wish they could share more of the brothers’ technical and management savvy. They are sitting on plenty of knowledge and experience - you see bits of it coincidentally and I basically always find it more interesting than whatever drama Christine is stirring up at any given moment. 

In last season for example, there was this exchange between one of the brothers (Jason?) and I think Heather. They were browsing a new house and the brother was scanning the architecture and decoration, explaining what aspects he appreciated and why, for example how the value of the floor increased by the width of the wooden tiles. You could learn all sorts of random real estate trivia from these guys - for example, what should you consider before you install an infinity pool?

• Love 21
29 minutes ago, conquistador said:

I realize this show is about the drama, but I really wish they could share more of the brothers’ technical and management savvy. They are sitting on plenty of knowledge and experience - you see bits of it coincidentally and I basically always find it more interesting than whatever drama Christine is stirring up at any given moment. 

In last season for example, there was this exchange between one of the brothers (Jason?) and I think Heather. They were browsing a new house and the brother was scanning the architecture and decoration, explaining what aspects he appreciated and why, for example how the value of the floor increased by the width of the wooden tiles. You could learn all sorts of random real estate trivia from these guys - for example, what should you consider before you install an infinity pool?

I'd also love to learn more about staging. I have realtor friends and they say that really does help sell a house. Get rid of Davina and have a stager join the cast.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Atlanta said:

I'd also love to learn more about staging. I have realtor friends and they say that really does help sell a house. Get rid of Davina and have a stager join the cast.

Wasn’t Amanza a stager? But they brought her in to be an agent 🤷‍♂️

I’d also like to hear more about the business. Most of the houses sold (including the largest sale) were done off screen. 

• Love 10

Just finished binging the third season. Man, this stupid show is like pringles or cocktail peanuts or something! Can't get enough!

Who knows why Chrishelle's ex filed (methinks he likely had a side-piece waiting in the wings) but why does Davina think she's owed personal details? She has to be egged on by producers, right? No one could be that stupid or mean-spirited, right? Oh wait. She and Christine clearly just wanted to dig up juicy dirt.

14 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Romain's Davina hate is so fun. I wish they'd show more of it lol.

I'm not a big fan of Romain, but his undiluted hatred of Davina is hilarious to watch. And Davina continues to remind me of some weirdo character Kristin Wiig would play in a comedy sketch. It's all I can picture now whenever she's onscreen. I hope bad karma comes her way with that asshat developer she's been trying to unload the 75 million dollar house for.

And even if some people don't care for Chrishelle, divorce is mega-traumatic, so I can't imagine also going through that under media scrutiny. I thought her new house looked really dumpy when she first moved in, but it got fixed up really nicely, and actually looked appealing and cozy.

I was happy to hear that Mary managed to sell that freaking gorgeous house she showed on her wedding day. Those are the kinds of homes I love seeing - I am so sick of looking at glass and concrete boxes, no matter how high-end the finishings are. I still think she's delusional about her French himbo, but, oh well.

I  like Amanza and was rooting for her this season. She REALLY needs to pull up her socks with the lateness - it's unprofessional and people won't support you when the chips are really down if you're chronically late for trivial reasons. I was happy to see her sell her first home (I quite liked that house as well), and I hope she gets her custody issues sorted out. I don't care if the scene with her two kids was scripted - they were totally adorable. She and Mary are good supportive friends - I'm firmly on their team. Was also surprised that she was able to work well with Heather.

Re: Heather - I'm guessing she was contractually obligated to mention veganism at EVERY. SINGLE. GATHERING this season. What a pill. Her little meltdown over the paparazzi teasing was funny.

Maya just needs to go move to Miami already. I liked her the first season, but she's aligned too closely with the Team Beyotch for my liking.

Christine and her over-the-top wedding? Meh. Her dress actually would have looked much better white (and I'm saying this as someone who usually loves black). Her husband is clearly a mega-nerd. A very loaded mega-nerd who probably thinks he hit the jackpot right now, but is in for a lifetime of woe and sorrow.

• Love 15
9 hours ago, Cheezwiz said:

Maya just needs to go move to Miami already. I liked her the first season, but she's aligned too closely with the Team Beyotch for my liking.

This. She's become like a lite version of them at this point, always trying to start shit so those 2 can have fun being assholes. It also just makes no sense to me that she flies back and forth every week when she has a husband and 2 kids in Miami.

I didn't even notice a lot of Heather and the veganism. I did hear her ask a couple times if something was vegan but I don't see a problem with that. I mean, if it isn't vegan then she can't eat it so she kinda has to ask lol. If she was talking about it constantly or trying to make meat eaters feel like shit then that'd be annoying but she didn't seem to be doing that.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

This. She's become like a lite version of them at this point, always trying to start shit so those 2 can have fun being assholes. It also just makes no sense to me that she flies back and forth every week when she has a husband and 2 kids in Miami.

I didn't even notice a lot of Heather and the veganism. I did hear her ask a couple times if something was vegan but I don't see a problem with that. I mean, if it isn't vegan then she can't eat it so she kinda has to ask lol. If she was talking about it constantly or trying to make meat eaters feel like shit then that'd be annoying but she didn't seem to be doing that.

I don’t mind Heather, either. She teamed up with the mean clique for some reason (S1 I thought she was the most likable cast member) but she’s still pretty neutral about other people’s business. I thought her and Tarek moved a little fast, and that’s been amusing to watch, but ultimately I hope it works out for them since there are small kids involved. 

• Love 5

It was so cruel for Christine to suggest that Chrishell called the paps on herself when she was moving to her new place. It was all over the entertainment news and the poor woman was kicked out of her house. I'm sure it wasn't easy to have the SS crew filming her, but I assume filming, even in tough times, is part of her contract. It also sounds like she was close with her step-daughter but was afraid to reach out. #TeamChrishell !

• Love 8

Wouldn't the price Adnan paid for the property be available publicly? Has anyone found it? His unwillingness to share what he paid makes me think he's asking for significantly more than not only what he paid, but what he paid to build the house. 

• Love 7
15 hours ago, Atlanta said:

It was so cruel for Christine to suggest that Chrishell called the paps on herself when she was moving to her new place. It was all over the entertainment news and the poor woman was kicked out of her house.

That was bullying, IMHO. If not worse. 

She and Davina are clearly having a toxic effect on specific co-workers (Mary and Chrishell), but probably also on the work environment and morale at large. I have to think that Christine brings in a LOT of money to make the brothers look past her behavior. I’m not sure how much money it would be worth to keep Davina around, after seeing her abuse Chrishell like that. Certainly you also need to have some integrity for your family business and brand.

• Love 8

Team Chrishell on the divorce.  The story is supposedly, he was cheating with Sophia Pernas, but that he tried to turn it back around on Chrishell, where he showed texts from her ex.  So he turned it around on her, saying that she was the one cheating on him, allowing him to avoid alimony.  Her lawyer advised her to say nothing about it, which is why she was mum on camera.

I do have a question:  Why was Chrishell texting her ex?  Who is this ex?  If she's been with Justin for 6 years, this must have been someone from the way back machine, but I'd be pissed if my spouse was texting their ex.  She's never come out publicly and spoken about it.  It could have been as simple as he texted her to say he saw her on t.v., or it could have been more involved.  We may never know the content of the texts.

Justin may have simply gotten so pissed, and they had had so many fights, that he was like, I'm texting "We're done.  Filed".  Which I would get.

But I believe the deeper story, in that they fell in love while Justin struggled to make ends meet, and that once he hit his meteoric rise, and the women started dropping at his feet, he needed a way out.  Chrishell was collateral damage.

This is, to me, akin to the wives who stay with their husband while he struggles through law school/medical school, only to be dumped once the money rolls in.  A la Betty Broderick.

This also smacks of Camille Grammar/Kelsey Grammar, where he helped her get on the RHBH show, as her "going away present".  Allowing him to canoodle with his new chick while Camille was off filming screaming matches with other bored housewives.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 20
28 minutes ago, Starlight925 said:

I do have a question:  Why was Chrishell texting her ex?  Who is this ex?  If she's been with Justin for 6 years, this must have been someone from the way back machine, but I'd be pissed if my spouse was texting their ex.  She's never come out publicly and spoken about it.  It could have been as simple as he texted her to say he saw her on t.v., or it could have been more involved.  We may never know the content of the texts.

In S1 or 2, Chrishell said that if she had married the man she was with at 25 she would kill herself and she said google it so I did lol. She was dating Matthew Morrison, Will on Glee, at the time. So perhaps him it was him.

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
33 minutes ago, Starlight925 said:

Team Chrishell on the divorce.  The story is supposedly, he was cheating with Sophia Pernas, but that he tried to turn it back around on Chrishell, where he showed texts from her ex.  So he turned it around on her, saying that she was the one cheating on him, allowing him to avoid alimony.  Her lawyer advised her to say nothing about it, which is why she was mum on camera.

Justin may have simply gotten so pissed, and they had had so many fights, that he was like, I'm texting "We're done.  Filed".  Which I would get.

But I believe the deeper story, in that they fell in love while Justin struggled to make ends meet, and that once he hit his meteoric rise, and the women started dropping at his feet, he needed a way out.  Chrishell was collateral damage.

This is, to me, akin to the wives who stay with their husband while he struggles through law school/medical school, only to be dumped once the money rolls in.  A la Betty Broderick.

This also smacks of Camille Grammar/Kelsey Grammar, where he helped her get on the RHBH show, as her "going away present".  Allowing him to canoodle with his new chick while Camille was off filming screaming matches with other bored housewives.  

We’ll never know the truth (and honestly I’m not sure it’s our business to know what happened). Ultimately it’s a classic “He said, she said” with all the perspectives and emotions thrown in so that there maybe isn’t one “truth”. That being said, from a timeline perspective it’s possible Justin was cheating, Chrishell knew or suspected as much, felt like crap as a result, so reached out to an ex: to get back at him? To flirt and feel good about herself? To feel like someone wanted her? That’s pure speculation on my part, and doesn’t absolve Chrishell, but people do irrational things when life hits them sideways. And divorces are never about figuring out the “truth,” they’re about each side doing their best to “win.”  It’s all strategy and tactics to get as much for yourself and protect yourself, while intentionally or unintentionally ruining the other person. It’s a zero sum game. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
12 minutes ago, Stan39 said:

We’ll never know the truth (and honestly I’m not sure it’s our business to know what happened). Ultimately it’s a classic “He said, she said” with all the perspectives and emotions thrown in so that there maybe isn’t one “truth”. That being said, from a timeline perspective it’s possible Justin was cheating, Chrishell knew or suspected as much, felt like crap as a result, so reached out to an ex: to get back at him? To flirt and feel good about herself? To feel like someone wanted her? That’s pure speculation on my part, and doesn’t absolve Chrishell, but people do irrational things when life hits them sideways. And divorces are never about figuring out the “truth,” they’re about each side doing their best to “win.”  It’s all strategy and tactics to get as much for yourself and protect yourself, while intentionally or unintentionally ruining the other person. It’s a zero sum game. 

Agree with all of this, including your theory that she may have reached out to the ex due to feeling horrible over Justin's roving eye.

We will likely never know the whole truth.  If she wasn't honestly completely hurt and devastated, then she's an amazing actress, because I really do feel empathy for her.  

Going home to her St. Louis family and realizing what's truly important sounds like it was helpful, but I've been in that situation, and it can leave you lonelier, when you go home to your new, bare house and wake up alone.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Starlight925 said:

Going home to her St. Louis family and realizing what's truly important sounds like it was helpful, but I've been in that situation, and it can leave you lonelier, when you go home to your new, bare house and wake up alone.

Her family was so sweet and supportive.  It really illustrated how Chrishell has had to work her ass off when she saw they still had the knife that she had actually sold them years ago when she was selling knives door-to-door.

Also, the way she was determined to get into the Valley area by finding her own connections by just driving around was impressive.  The others sit in the office and whine that little Jason gave another listing to Mary.

• Love 21
On 8/14/2020 at 9:27 AM, peachmangosteen said:

I read this thread before I finished most of the series so I was probably more aware of the mentions after having read about them here.   I think Heather's veganism mentions grew exponentially.  She mentioned it maybe once or twice in the first season but I feel like any time food was mentioned in the third, she was bringing it up.  It wasn't obnoxious like "Everyone needs to be vegan" but it did feel like she shared that fact about herself quite a bit.

On 8/15/2020 at 8:47 AM, Atlanta said:

It was so cruel for Christine to suggest that Chrishell called the paps on herself when she was moving to her new place. It was all over the entertainment news and the poor woman was kicked out of her house.

Right.  Paps after the divorce announcement would make sense.  But I do think she might have a point with Heather and Tarek.  I don't think I "oh honeyed" anyone as much as I "oh honeyed" Heather when she talked about her relationship.  First, there was how she shared that Tarek told her he didn't imagine meeting someone and falling in love again until he met her.  But the fact that it happened right around the time Christina got married and was pregnant with another baby is a bit of a cliche. 

And Heather seemed naive believing that the paps just coincidentally are interested in Tarek's new relationship because of his past divorce.  No one is that interested in Tarek. 

Davinia was straight up evil bringing up "Justin's side of things" at the wedding.  It sounds like Davinia never met Justin so it's not like there's a reason she'd feel the need to understand his POV. 

Jason was right, it was a weird way to state that no one knows what goes on in someone else's marriage.

I am also disappointed that Maya has aligned herself with Davinia and Christine.  I don't even get her resentment towards Mary as it looks like Brett has brought her in on some development. 

• Love 12
2 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

Davinia was straight up evil bringing up "Justin's side of things" at the wedding.  It sounds like Davinia never met Justin so it's not like there's a reason she'd feel the need to understand his POV. 

Apparently they met each other "once"?  Correct me if I'm wrong.  Which makes the whole thing just as weird.  Davina can think whatever she wants, but why would you say it to Chrishell's face and on camera?  I was flabbergasted.

• Love 5
10 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

I think Heather's veganism mentions grew exponentially.  She mentioned it maybe once or twice in the first season but I feel like any time food was mentioned in the third, she was bringing it up.  It wasn't obnoxious like "Everyone needs to be vegan" but it did feel like she shared that fact about herself quite a bit.

Oh yea, they definitely grew. I don't remember her mentioning it at all until S3. I assumed she was newly vegan then lol. Still, I only remember her mentioning at dinner parties or restaurants to ask whether something was vegan, which just doesn't seem like a problem to me. I mean, you have to ask if the food is something you are able to eat lol. That TPTB decided to leave all those mentions in though makes me think they were annoyed by her always asking about it.

It sounds like Davinia never met Justin so it's not like there's a reason she'd feel the need to understand his POV. 

7 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Apparently they met each other "once"?  Correct me if I'm wrong.  

Davina mentioned in her talking heads a few times that she had met Justin but Mary said in her talking head during the wedding that Davina had never met Justin, so who knows lol. To me, it sounded like Justin was at some event with Chrishell that Davina and Christine were also at and he said hi to them (against Chrishell's wishes) and that's the extent of Davina 'meeting' Justin.

• Love 8
26 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Oh yea, they definitely grew. I don't remember her mentioning it at all until S3. I assumed she was newly vegan then lol. Still, I only remember her mentioning at dinner parties or restaurants to ask whether something was vegan, which just doesn't seem like a problem to me. I mean, you have to ask if the food is something you are able to eat lol. That TPTB decided to leave all those mentions in though makes me think they were annoyed by her always asking about it.

Davina mentioned in her talking heads a few times that she had met Justin but Mary said in her talking head during the wedding that Davina had never met Justin, so who knows lol. To me, it sounded like Justin was at some event with Chrishell that Davina and Christine were also at and he said hi to them (against Chrishell's wishes) and that's the extent of Davina 'meeting' Justin.

My guess is the producers left in the vegan stuff because they thought it would be funny. Like how the Bachelor edited Clare to look like she was talking to a raccoon. Honestly, these producers can pretty much edit people to do and say whatever they want. Lol

• Love 3

I’m not finished the season three yet and Chrishells divorce hasn’t been announced yet. Wow the girls are so negative towards Mary. In particular Maya. I had liked her through the first two seasons but I really don’t like the way she flames the fire that is Christine and Davinas vapid negative energy.

Mary said they’ve known each other 15 years and dated for a year of that. She’s married to someone else. It’s really lame that the girls are trying to downgrade her hard work by passing it off as though it’s only because Jason and her had a past relationship. 

• Love 12

Heather really annoyed me before but I actually didn’t mind her in season 3. She may be calling the paps who knows but I could see them wanting to know about Tarek’s new relationship because his divorce was pretty dramatic. 

Edited by Marley
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, Avabelle said:

I’m not finished the season three yet and Chrishells divorce hasn’t been announced yet. Wow the girls are so negative towards Mary. In particular Maya. I had liked her through the first two seasons but I really don’t like the way she flames the fire that is Christine and Davinas vapid negative energy.

Mary said they’ve known each other 15 years and dated for a year of that. She’s married to someone else. It’s really lame that the girls are trying to downgrade her hard work by passing it off as though it’s only because Jason and her had a past relationship. 

They are accusing Jason of favoritism and circular reasoning, i.e. Mary’s rewarded with new listings because she’s doing a good sales job, but then she is also doing a good sales job because she’s rewarded with new listings. There may be some truth to that tbh. But it’s not a fault with Mary regardless, it’s with the brothers (who should be able to tell the girls what they expect from them in order for them to advance).

Edited by conquistador
  • Love 13
7 hours ago, conquistador said:

They are accusing Jason of favoritism and circular reasoning, i.e. Mary’s rewarded with new listings because she’s doing a good sales job, but then she is also doing a good sales job because she’s rewarded with new listings. There may be some truth to that tbh. But it’s not a fault with Mary regardless, it’s with the brothers (who should be able to tell the girls what they expect from them in order for them to advance).

Yeah, it’s bs. Like another poster noted, they’re all big girls who should be able to find their own listings. I’m not sure how this agency works, but if all these women have spent this much time selling houses (and appeared on two seasons of a reality show by the time this was filmed) and can’t get their own clients then there’s something else wrong. Davina and Maya should be able to bring in their own business, especially if their counter argument is threatening to leave the agency. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Stan39 said:

Yeah, it’s bs. Like another poster noted, they’re all big girls who should be able to find their own listings. I’m not sure how this agency works, but if all these women have spent this much time selling houses (and appeared on two seasons of a reality show by the time this was filmed) and can’t get their own clients then there’s something else wrong. Davina and Maya should be able to bring in their own business, especially if their counter argument is threatening to leave the agency. 

Agree. We've seen Chrishell go out and knock on doors and reach out to developers. Why can't Davina, etc do that too?

• Love 11

Agree. We've seen Chrishell go out and knock on doors and reach out to developers. Why can't Davina, etc do that too?

In the first season didn’t they say Davina was the best at landing large building listings? I assumed they meant condos. I would think that if you got a few buildings worth of condos to sell to people you’d generate of pretty good Rolodex of future clients. Some of those clients will probably want to move out of condos to bigger houses. But hey, who am I to tell her how to do her job when she’s content to fight for an overpriced listing and badmouth her coworkers. 

• Love 9
On 8/18/2020 at 12:08 AM, conquistador said:

Exactly, especially the bolded.

Mary's obviously good at what she does, so they reward her with more listings, because they simply know she'll sell the homes faster, and generate the most profit.  If they have a problem with the listings going to Mary, well those listings are coming from Jason. So they should ask Jason what they need to do to get more listings.

Jason's a businessman first.  I've read up on him.  I think he just wants to sell the most houses, for the highest amounts, so he keeps funneling them to Mary, where he knows it'll get done.  No shame in that.

• Love 12

I was thinking Chrishell should move to St Louis- her sister is there, she can sell luxury houses and live very comfortably compared to LA.

She would also be the hottest thing and could find someone else super easy (if that’s what she wants). Divorce is hard- end of story. But she is still young and she’s right, you can’t be in a relationship by yourself. 

5 hours ago, laprin said:

All reality shows have some fake storylines, but Selling Sunset is so over the top with it. I don’t believe Chrishell was blind-sided. I don’t believe Christine, who is on record saying some of it is fake, was not already dating her husband before taping and now this.

https://www.tmz.com/2020/08/23/selling-sunset-mary-fitzgerald-romain-bonnet-married-months-before-tv-wedding/

I figure this is the Nicole Young who witnessed the wedding: https://ogroup.com/agents/nicole-young/ I wonder if she's any relation to Heather? There's been no mention of her on the show.

Crissy Teigen (can't stand her) tried to claim the agents aren't licensed and it's all fake. It's pretty easy to look that up and they're all licensed to sell real estate in Cali. https://www2.dre.ca.gov/PublicASP/pplinfo.asp https://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/pictures/selling-sunsets-chrishell-heather-more-respond-to-chrissy-teigen/

My gut says that Chrishell is telling the truth about her breakup. 

• Love 2

I figure this is the Nicole Young who witnessed the wedding: https://ogroup.com/agents/nicole-young/ I wonder if she's any relation to Heather? There's been no mention of her on the show.

Crissy Teigen (can't stand her) tried to claim the agents aren't licensed and it's all fake. It's pretty easy to look that up and they're all licensed to sell real estate in Cali. https://www2.dre.ca.gov/PublicASP/pplinfo.asp https://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/pictures/selling-sunsets-chrishell-heather-more-respond-to-chrissy-teigen/

There’s so much wrong with Davina’s, “There are two sides to every story” broken record, but the main one is simply that she has zero relationship with Justin. Normally people say that when they have inside knowledge of the situation, but for legal reasons can’t say anything that would get their friend in trouble. But it’s a way to stand up for your friends when people are knowingly lying or piling on. That isn’t the case at all here. Davina knows less than even Mary about this situation (because she’s not even close to Chrishell). So she has nothing to even point to here, except meeting that guy once? Just an idiot. 

• Love 11
3 hours ago, Atlanta said:

Crissy Teigen (can't stand her) tried to claim the agents aren't licensed and it's all fake.

I didn't see anything wrong with what she said.  She said she hadn't seen them which can mean many things.

And she was actually defending them when she said it was all fake.  But she's not wrong.  A lot of it is fake/overblown. 

Although, like you, I do think Chrishell was very surprised when Justin filed. 

• Love 8
56 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

Although, like you, I do think Chrishell was very surprised when Justin filed. 

Yeah- the pain in her eyes was real. She wasn’t that good an actress. There’s a huge difference between “we are going through a rough time” and “I filed for divorce 20min ago.” via TEXT no doubt. 

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Stan39 said:

There’s so much wrong with Davina’s, “There are two sides to every story” broken record, but the main one is simply that she has zero relationship with Justin. Normally people say that when they have inside knowledge of the situation, but for legal reasons can’t say anything that would get their friend in trouble. But it’s a way to stand up for your friends when people are knowingly lying or piling on. That isn’t the case at all here. Davina knows less than even Mary about this situation (because she’s not even close to Chrishell). So she has nothing to even point to here, except meeting that guy once? Just an idiot. 

Also- yes there are two sides to every story. But Justin*(or anyone else) having their side doesn’t change that Chrishell was HURT and upset about getting a divorce. Both things can be true!

Even in cases where both people want the divorce they are allowed to be sad and upset about their marriage ending and grieve about it. Chrishell wasn’t asking anyone to do anything besides be a decent human being, and of course her friends would comfort her (cause that’s what friends do in times like this). A simple “I’m sorry for what you’re going through.” is what people say during things like that. 

Of course I wasn’t there but I can 100% believe that Justin has let fame go to his head. For decades he’s been a working actor but not famous outside of the soap world. He met Chrishell when his major concern was affording LA and his daughter, he married her because they had been together a while and she likely wanted to get married. This is Us BLEW UP and now he thinks the grass may be greener somewhere else. Also, he doesn’t understand that this is likely has famous as he will ever be. I could also see him not wanting any more kids and that being a pain point. 

But I believe he texted her and she just grabbed her skin care and her dog because she didn’t want to have to face him. 

*if any of y’all hang out on the This is Us board you will know that I have LOVED me some Justin Hartley since 2001! That man is fine as hell and if he was leaving me trust id be crying too! #shallowbus

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
19 hours ago, Atlanta said:

I don’t doubt that producers would have required all the agents associated with the show get their real estate license. It does not mean I believe these ladies are not acting.  Christine Quinn refers to herself as an actress. Chrishell is an actress. 

https://www.refinery29.com/en-us/2020/05/9802451/selling-sunset-season-2-christine-quinn-wedding-fake-drama

• Love 1

I mean there’s fake storyline but a whole fake wedding and everything is pretty lame lol. Wonder why they didn’t have an actual wedding initially? Did Mary really wanna lock him down or something? Lol.

5 hours ago, Marley said:

I mean there’s fake storyline but a whole fake wedding and everything is pretty lame lol. Wonder why they didn’t have an actual wedding initially? Did Mary really wanna lock him down or something? Lol.

Probably for immigration purposes. He’s French and his work visa may have been close to expiring. 

• Love 2

Watching season 3, episode 4. Why are they having Friendsgiving at the office instead of one of the twin’s homes? I guess it was already set up for filming, but this seems to be an annual event, and the office is not even that spacious. Weird.

Loved Christine’s whole wedding aesthetic. I thought she was going for the sparkly on top dress, but the full sparkly one did look good in black.

Edited by MCMLXXVII
  • Love 2
On 8/9/2020 at 10:39 AM, pasdetrois said:

Mary has the most bizarre body movements, She's constantly jerking her head around and opening her eyes as wide as they will go. I loved her hair before; now she's ruined it with that platinum bob. And her makeup in her THs resembles The Joker.

Yes to Mary and her body movements!   They seem very camera aware to me. Like I’m not sure she really does them in real life. They’re kind of a jerky “I’m super adorable and engaged in what you’re saying with huge eyes” yet reads so odd onscreen. 

I just binged this show and liked it quite a bit. I am also a Laguna and Hills fan from day one so makes sense I would. 

I buy Christine and Christian as a couple.  While she’s a villain I mostly enjoyed her onscreen.   I loved that navy/white getup she had on when she was in her kitchen with him and the event planner. 

I never watched the show Tarek and his wife were on but watch enough HGTV I know who they are and was always kind of taken aback how pretty she is in commercials. In  keeping with the show if his ex is Versace In looks, Heather is the Kohl’s version.  And very dull. I listen to Danny Pellegrino’s podcast and she was on there and my opinion didn’t change. She did let us know she’s very humble. 

Staying shallow and talking looks I find Chrishell beautiful in nearly every scene she’s in.  What an example of today’s world/social media bc if you watched this show she was a gorgeous agent who married her (smoking hot) “person”.   I really don’t think she would have said such things if she saw the writing on the wall.  I think it was a blindside and that sucks no matter how many sides to the story. 

Had I been the daughter of her sister I would have been ok with them editing the GED attempts.  We get their roots aren’t Beverly Hills a myriad other ways.  My parents still have a Cutco knife they bought decades ago from a door to door seller- still does great!

It’s a good show. It captures the nostalgia of the shows from the past in a way I didn’t know I needed. 

I binge watched Seasons 1&2 this weekend and here are my thoughts:

Christine - I like and don’t like her.  I find some of her reactions to be honest and reflect how a lot of people feel and just hide it.  Other times she’s too much like a dog with a bone she just won’t drop.  I think she’s very beautiful and like seeing her over the top outfits.  

Chrishell - I adore her, she seems the most genuine in reflecting her true personality...but that could be acting.  I feel so bad for her about her marriage, which I haven’t seen breakdown yet but am aware it’s coming. 

Davina - Truely unpleasant.  The person you avoid in the office if you want to keep a positive outlook.  Where Christine can be sharp and it makes me laugh, Davina just comes across as spiteful and negative.  She looks a bit like the dark haired singer from ABBA. 

Heather - I have a hard time even remembering her name, and I wish she’d wash her hair more frequently.

Mary - He’s too young for her, she looks every bit her age and all of her irritation and poor communication with Romain is because he’s an immature 25 year old who should be dating a woman 15 years younger than Mary.  Sadly I don’t think they are going to last. 

Maya - Adore her too.  Clearly smart and loads of common sense.  Love how she resists getting dragged into conflicts and keeps things professional.  

Amanza - Cannot stand the lateness and excuses...single mothers everywhere get the job done without ever being late to anything. Yes it’s harder and sometimes unavoidable things happen, but those should be the exception instead of her every day rule.  

The brothers - creepy.  It’s bizarre to me that both appear to be incapable of sustaining a relationship and are so superficial.  I do appreciate their skill at ignoring the drama.  

The homes - what is it with the ultra modern boxes? Surely there are a lot more housing options in the area than just that! The show has shown a few outside of that style, but they are rare.  That style is completely boring and unappealing, it’s no wonder they struggle to sell them very quickly.  

• Love 5

I’m surprised that I’m liking Christine in season 2. I think she’s good at her job, and I admired the way that she didn’t cave to Adnan. Overall, her strong personality went to better uses than office cat-fighting.

I wonder if the twins will reassess Maya’s Miami expansion idea post-Covid? They do seem more like “New York guys” in temperament, but many of the rich people are leaving.

You can tell that Mary sooo does not want to have more kids. I think she wants to enjoy her success, good looks, and hot young husband. Next season’s drama is already written. 

• Love 1