Type keyword(s) to search

All Past Seasons of the Late Lamented Show

• Start Topic

Watching makeovers for season 6 and sheesh Kelli just does not like Ika.  Said she look like the girl from last night ... basically a slut. 🙄 I thought she did the routines great just needed to smile a little more ... They never corrected her on mistakes just smile. But yet cut her because they thought she was loose kind of like the girl from season 4 that made it after Kellie said she looked like a stripper in season 3

Edited by lah715
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

I didn't know they had to audition before each game. Seems stressful. Did former TCC (X2) (and now former BB#21) Kathryn Dunn ever get to dance. Just re watched her on DCC MTT and Kelli basically said "you can't dance."

Not sure how much she did but it's kind hard to find a youtube of her dancing.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, lah715 said:

Watching makeovers for season 6 and sheesh Kelli just does not like Ika.  Said she look like the girl from last night ... basically a slut. 🙄 

Makes me wonder if she was brought in for "ratings".

2 hours ago, lah715 said:

But yet cut her because they thought she was loose kind of like the girl from season 4 that made it after Kellie said she looked like a stripper in season 3

Pls remind me who that was again. Thx.

On 10/8/2019 at 7:00 PM, ByTor said:

Kim, Chelsea, Jasmine...I don't get any of them.

Jasmine made it for the “friend” storyline and because she was from New York IMO. I think Kelli tends to like having NY and California girls on the team. Chelsea was, at that time, a Kelli favorite, and Kim...I’m not really sure. Emily and Teri were headscratchers too IMO. I thought Emily was pretty, but Kelli acted like she was the most beautiful girl who ever showed up, which was odd. Teri was just plain IMO. 

3 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Jasmine made it for the “friend” storyline and because she was from New York IMO.

It would seem that way, I just find it weird that they cut her after 3 years.  Maybe they kept her as long as they did because she could also sing?

5 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Emily and Teri were headscratchers too IMO.

Agreed, Emily was certainly pretty but her dancing was bland.  And IMO everything about Teri was bland, I don't get how she even made it to TC.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, ByTor said:

It would seem that way, I just find it weird that they cut her after 3 years.  Maybe they kept her as long as they did because she could also sing?

Agreed, Emily was certainly pretty but her dancing was bland.  And IMO everything about Teri was bland, I don't get how she even made it to TC.

Awww I liked Terri. She didn't have to boring "DCC look." 

3 hours ago, dariafan said:

Does anyone know if it was Sydney’s choice to not come back for 8 or if was “ encouraged “ to move on ?

I always thought it was interesting that she left DCC and went straight to the Mavs. 

• Love 2
On 10/8/2019 at 1:10 PM, lah715 said:

Watching season 7 first meeting and noticed how much of a New Yorker Danielle is and dressed so different compared to the other ladies LOL!  I am originally from NY so its not an insult just a funny observation. Makes me think of Melanie Griffith's and Joan Cusack's character in Working Girl

I love that movie. Ugh Sigourney Weaver telling her to rethink the jewelry. 

• Love 2

Does anyone know if it was Sydney’s choice to not come back for 8 or if was “ encouraged “ to move on ?

What I remember reading on this board is that she did some work for a movie about/featuring cheerleaders that were basically a copy of the DCC without K&J's blessing and she was in the dog house over that.

• Useful 1
9 minutes ago, Teriyaki Terror said:

Awww I liked Terri. She didn't have to boring "DCC look." 

I always thought it was interesting that she left DCC and went straight to the Mavs. 

I thought maybe she left because there was no way she was getting higher in the triangle and after what 7 years it is time to move on

• Love 1
4 hours ago, lah715 said:

Watching makeovers for season 6 and sheesh Kelli just does not like Ika.  Said she look like the girl from last night ... basically a slut. 🙄 I thought she did the routines great just needed to smile a little more ... They never corrected her on mistakes just smile. But yet cut her because they thought she was loose kind of like the girl from season 4 that made it after Kellie said she looked like a stripper in season 3

What made me chuckle the most about Ika was at the hair salon, and she's like can you believe I've never had my hair professionally cut?  Kelli and the stylist (not Rainier I don't think):  Yes.  We believe it.

I kind of get where Kelly was coming from on the girl last night comment, though she certainly should have phrased it differently.  Ika needed some makeup help...her eyeliner and mascara seemed to look the way mine does in the morning if I'm lazy and don't wash my face before bed.  Hence the girl from last night.  lol.

She does like the rough around the edges girls and trying to class them up a bit, doesn't she? Jackie O books for errrrrbody!  Ika, Carissa, Brandy K., etc.  Must be the east Texas girl gone bougie in her!  I think her heart is in the right place, but the execution and lack of tact not so much.

• Love 8
Just now, Coffeefrog19 said:

I’ve often wondered why some of them audition for several years just to finally make it and then “retire” after one season. Go through all that for years and then only do one season. I don’t get it. 

Maybe like Julia said.... "to have it on their resume"?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
3 hours ago, Coffeefrog19 said:

I’ve often wondered why some of them audition for several years just to finally make it and then “retire” after one season. Go through all that for years and then only do one season. I don’t get it. 

Maybe because actually being a DCC is so miserable, they decide it's not worth it?

I think the TCCs expect it to get better after TC, and I don't think it really does.

• Useful 2
  • Love 8

I think they missed out on Courtney (Bring it on Broadway and current Patriots cheerleader ). It really made me mad when they said she didn’t have an “HD friendly face” yet they loved this one .....

46AACBC0-AC48-4CF4-9D06-C452D95AA044.jpeg

Oh well, At least Courtney is cheering for a good team that will likely give  a Super Bowl appearance . So I guess she made out ok after all. 

• Love 8
42 minutes ago, DancingDina13 said:

I think they missed out on Courtney (Bring it on Broadway and current Patriots cheerleader ). It really made me mad when they said she didn’t have an “HD friendly face” yet they loved this one .....

Seriously. My all-time most unattractive DCC ever. Couldn’t stand looking at her.

• Love 3

Morgan didn’t like being called out and having all eyes on her ( with poet viv and katlyn ). Too bad sugarplum.  You weren’t getting it.    Does anyone know if she had a job at the same time or was it just raising her daughter ?

also never caught Judy asking Kelli if they had to do the opening right on the spot, could they.  Kelli’s boss answer: hell yeah I could 

• Love 2

also never caught Judy asking Kelli if they had to do the opening right on the spot, could they.  Kelli’s boss answer: hell yeah I could 

Would that not be the most watched scene ever?  I'd love to see them both do it.  With Shelly of course helping.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, dariafan said:

Does anyone know if she had a job at the same time or was it just raising her daughter ?

She's a photographer.  I don't know if she was working as one then, but if she was I guess it would be pretty easy to schedule sessions around her DCC schedule.

8 hours ago, rafibomb said:

Maybe because actually being a DCC is so miserable, they decide it's not worth it?

Yeah, they might feel like it wasn't all it was cracked up to be after all that effort.

LOL I'm watching Pluto now (Season 9) and one of my favorite Melissa Rycroft scenes was just on.  Vivian: "I have a confidence problem."  Melissa: "You hide it well" 🤣

• LOL 14
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, dariafan said:

Morgan didn’t like being called out and having all eyes on her ( with poet viv and katlyn ). Too bad sugarplum.  You weren’t getting it.    Does anyone know if she had a job at the same time or was it just raising her daughter ?

My favorite Kelli/Judy exchange in all 14 seasons. Kellis laugh after she says that cracks me up. That’s why she drives me crazy. I love her sense of humor when she’s just being herself and her passion for her job but then sometimes her mean-girl attitude and questionable decisions over her favorites drive me crazy!!

5 hours ago, ByTor said:

She's a photographer.  I don't know if she was working as one then, but if she was I guess it would be pretty easy to schedule sessions around her DCC schedule.

Yeah, they might feel like it wasn't all it was cracked up to be after all that effort.

LOL I'm watching Pluto now (Season 9) and one of my favorite Melissa Rycroft scenes was just on.  Vivian: "I have a confidence problem."  Melissa: "You hide it well" 🤣

I totally agree that some One and Dones are because the experience didn’t match up with the expectations. Particularly if they didn’t have enough allies on the team to put up with the constant dieting, restrictions, and attitudes. It’s hard when you have a dream that you finally achieve and then realize not only is it not what you thought it was going to be, but you actually end up hating it. (I went through this with my career. Wanted this job since I was 12. Got it at 30 years old and almost immediately realized it was not what I thought it was going to be. I stuck with and love it now, but sometimes I wish I could go back to 12-year-old me and tell me to adjust my expectations. Would have saved a lot of heartache about 11 years ago). 

I’ve mentioned before that - although she gets a lot of grief especially on the forums - I really like Melissa Rycroft. Cracked me up when she said that to Vivian (I think because it’s exactly something that I would’ve said). 

Edited by KnyghtRyder
Added to my thought
  • Love 5
15 minutes ago, KnyghtRyder said:

I’ve mentioned before that - although she gets a lot of grief especially on the forums - I really like Melissa Rycroft. Cracked me up when she said that to Vivian (I think because it’s exactly something that I would’ve said). 

Answering in "Show Format" thread...

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, KnyghtRyder said:

I totally agree that some One and Dones are because the experience didn’t match up with the expectations. Particularly if they didn’t have enough allies on the team to put up with the constant dieting, restrictions, and attitudes. It’s hard when you have a dream that you finally achieve and then realize not only is it not what you thought it was going to be, but you actually end up hating it.

Would you say this applies to Natalie also?   I don't think she "hated" it.  But gosh she worked hard to get there that second year.  

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

Would you say this applies to Natalie also?   I don't think she "hated" it.  But gosh she worked hard to get there that second year.  

Yeah, I always wondered about her and what drove her to want to be a DCC so badly.  She was in her early 30s when she made it I believe. I really pulled for her in Season 1 until she said something to the effect of “I guess I’m the 38th most beautiful girl in Texas” when she was cut.  By Season 2, I felt like maybe she was just trying out to see if she could make the team and be considered “one of the most beautiful girls in Texas,” as though if she wasn’t a DCC, she wouldn’t be considered beautiful (which is obviously not true cause she’s gorgeous). She accomplished her goal, so she moved on to another career. I’m not saying that’s actually what happened with her, it just seemed like that from the edit. 

• Love 4

Natalie has a daughter in competitive cheer (not sure how old) which makes me think she left to try to have a family.  That "38th most beautiful girl in Texas" comment was off-putting to me.  Going off that, Season 10 is on now, and I didn't like Amy Trader saying "I'm more than just a pretty face" when she talked about her engineering.  Even though I think she is pretty, saying so about yourself sounds too braggy IMO.

• Love 10

Natalie talked about being a part of history and then she's used it as a "stepping stone" in her career ever since.  I used to be a fan, but Natalie was a DCC how many years ago?  Things were different back then with the show starting out, but she compares everything to that.  "I did this for the love of dance and not for a paycheck" while bashing the raises the girls got.  The expectations are different now in regards to time - just the commute alone now - trying to work full time or attend school.  Plus she was married.  

• Love 4
20 hours ago, DancingDina13 said:

Oh well, At least Courtney is cheering for a good team that will likely give  a Super Bowl appearance . So I guess she made out ok after all. 

Just watching the Brides Special.  They did a segment of her trying on dresses, why wasn’t her sister there?  Michelle Keys was the “DCC sister” there helping. Seems like Crystal should have been there too.

• Love 1
30 minutes ago, KickPretty said:

Just watching the Brides Special.  They did a segment of her trying on dresses, why wasn’t her sister there?  Michelle Keys was the “DCC sister” there helping. Seems like Crystal should have been there too.

Was that when Crystale was living in Hawaii?  I believe her hubby was in the Air Force at the time.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Natalie talked about being a part of history and then she's used it as a "stepping stone" in her career ever since.  I used to be a fan, but Natalie was a DCC how many years ago?  Things were different back then with the show starting out, but she compares everything to that.  "I did this for the love of dance and not for a paycheck" while bashing the raises the girls got.  The expectations are different now in regards to time - just the commute alone now - trying to work full time or attend school.  Plus she was married.  

Natalie was on season 1 (2006). She made it to TC but got cut. She came back in season 2 and made the 2007 squad.

1 hour ago, MrsEVH said:

Natalie was on season 1 (2006). She made it to TC but got cut. She came back in season 2 and made the 2007 squad.

I saw Natalie on some talk show on YouTube (I think I lost half my brain cells listening to that host).  She told this story that some guy asked her "Were you a DCC?" and she was all flattered by how impressed she thought he was by that...that is, until he asked her "So do you know Brooke Sorenson???"  LOL

• LOL 6
On 10/12/2019 at 8:24 AM, ByTor said:

Yeah, that was RuPaul’s Drag Race level shade!

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
On 10/12/2019 at 1:09 AM, DancingDina13 said:

We all have our opinions but I really like Trisha Trevino. I think she’s very pretty and a great performer! I love the seasons when she cheered. Those girls were gorgeous and great dancers! 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, GAonMyMind said:

In Season 2 - do we know who all went sky diving?!  Did the whole team jump or did some stay on the ground?  

It was only so many girls.  They signed up for an un-named activity with CMT and surprise!!!  

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Just caught the ending of season five episode where Meghan is berating K&J and I never noticed the look of shock on Trisha Trevino's face when Meghan  comes out and says K&J are heartless ...LOL! 

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, lah715 said:

Just caught the ending of season five episode where Meghan is berating K&J and I never noticed the look of shock on Trisha Trevino's face when Meghan  comes out and says K&J are heartless ...LOL! 

One of my fav moments.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
59 minutes ago, Muckypup61 said:

Hard to believe this is the same, little, Lufkin Taylor from the 6th Season, who hated her haircut.

I rooted for her, but it just wasn't to be.

1.jpg

2.jpg

This is what I was talking about earlier. Her pupils look tiny in the top photo. She looked like a normal human being (albeit an immature one) in the photo below. I will say she livened up the show when she was on, whereas everything is so darned scripted and boring now (except for Julia's recent f#gate).

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Muckypup61 said:

Hard to believe this is the same, little, Lufkin Taylor from the 6th Season, who hated her haircut.

1.jpg

2.jpg

Holy moley, she looks soooo glam! That short haircut was very rocky and not DCC at all. Currently, she could look like a proper DCC!

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Muckypup61 said:

1.jpg

2.jpg

This photo looks heavily face-tuned. To the point where she looks like a cartoon. 

• Love 5