Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E12: Whitney and Buddy Get Serious

• Start Topic

Whitney teaches three back-to-back dance classes at the biggest event of her career in NYC; much to Whitney's dismay, Buddy decides to move back to D.C. to pursue stand-up; Whitney and Buddy's chemistry flares when they share a passionate kiss.

Airs March 19, 2019.

Dot, as the official follower of the Instagram, did we know of Buddy's career aspiration? I can't imagine we wouldn't have had a bit of fun discussing whether he had the requisite skills to succeed in that particular endeavor. Have we ever seen him being intentionally funny? (When we can understand him.)

• LOL 8
  • Love 7

I believe we first learned of Buddy's ambition (?) to be a stand up comic when actual stand-up comic Kerryn Feehan showed up to have her little mano a mano with Whitney. At some point, Whitney was doing a voice over or TH about how angry Kerryn made Buddy, and suggested it was partly due to him being protective of her and partly due, she thought, to some resentment that Kerryn was doing what Buddy wanted to do.

(I recall that at the time, some of the snarkers here also pointed out that it was possible some of Kerryn's jokes were hitting too close to home for Buddy, who is not exactly svelte himself.)

Edited by Ketzel
  • LOL 3
  • Love 7
14 hours ago, OnceSane said:

Airs March 19, 2019.

Not only that, @Ketzel, but remember shortly thereafter he tried his chops at standup comedy at one of those clurbs with an amateur hour. He froze & couldn't even finish his first joke. But The Gang, who were all there incl. parents, told him what a great job he'd done -- making it from the table to the stage, I guess.

So this episode is just gonna be another rerun called "Buddy tries standup comedy." (At least we'll get some relief from "Buddy tells us about recovery difficulties.") Maybe this time he will mumble out one joke before stage fright drives him off the stage.

@Me from ME, thus far Buddy has given no hint of what kind of job he has or is contemplating. He apparently used to play in a band, but he has not indicated a desire to do that again. Mostly, he hangs around with Twit when she's not hanging around with Ryan & her new friends in Charlotte. When you think of it, even as cheap as TLC is, by this time (6 seasons) Buddy must be earning at least $30,000. He can live on that. And seems to be doing so, with no thought to what he will do when MBFFL meets its inevitable demise.

Edited by Dot
  • Love 14
56 minutes ago, ClareWalks said:

In an early season we saw Buddy do stand-up on some sort of amateur open-mike night. He SUCKED at it.

As I pointed out above.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, Ketzel said:

I believe we first learned of Buddy's ambition (?) to be a stand up comic when actual stand-up comic Kerryn Feehan showed up to have her little mano a mano with Whitney. At some point, Whitney was doing a voice over or TH about how angry Kerryn made Buddy, and suggested it was partly due to him being protective of her and partly due, she thought, to some resentment that Kerryn was doing what Buddy wanted to do.

(I recall that at the time, some of the snarkers here also pointed out that it was possible some of Kerryn's jokes were hitting too close to home for Buddy, who is not exactly svelte himself.)

Was it Buddy or Todd who told her to “go have another drink” at the reunion?

• Love 1
56 minutes ago, nutella fitzgerald said:

Was it Buddy or Todd who told her to “go have another drink” at the reunion?

That was Buddy. Todd's line was "C U Next Tuesday."

• Love 4

Uh Oh that seems like something I might have suggested. And now, thanks to Ketzel, Dot, and Clarewalks it is all beginning to sound familiar. However, I can't wrap my head around thinking of Buddy as being witty or resilient enough for standup - especially as a career.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Me from ME said:

Uh Oh that seems like something I might have suggested. And now, thanks to Ketzel, Dot, and Clarewalks it is all beginning to sound familiar. However, I can't wrap my head around thinking of Buddy as being witty or resilient enough for standup - especially as a career.

Or just standing up...for very long.  

• LOL 16
  • Love 7
On 3/17/2019 at 12:39 PM, Dot said:

Buddy must be earning at least $30,000. He can live on that.

Especially if all you do is mooch off your friends and relatives when it comes to a place to live...

Glad I don't have to sit in a Twitney piss-tub to earn my keep.

I'm also glad I don't have to write the descriptions for these episodes..."biggest event of her career?" Quite the work of fiction, I must say! First she'd have to HAVE a career. A fake dance class that barely 6 people will show up for (even if they are promised "You'll get to be on TV!") is hardly a career.

I'd say drink every time you hear "dance career" in this episode, but I'd hate to see you all die of alcohol poisoning.

I guess the writers of this scripted farce thought it was faster than having her say "this is the biggest event of my fake little hobby that I can't even really do and that nobody shows up for anymore."

• LOL 7
  • Love 8
6 hours ago, Sasha888 said:

Some foolish person wrote on the MBBFL  Facebook page "You gotta have his baby! Buddy Jr!"

Then a much more reasonable person said "That would take a miracle of spatial relationships and biology." 🤣

So which one of you is posting on the FB page? 😉

I love it when people post this kind of shady hilarity to the MBFFL Facebook page because she can’t delete it there and you KNOW she’s just gnashing her teeth about it. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 12

She is all over the place. Two weeks ago she was all about he needed to focus on a sobriety and not any relationship. He has already been dumped by two women that she deems to be her inferiors. What would be the purpose of any relationship?

• Love 6

She sounds just like one of the patients on My 600-lb pound life. Eating only one meal a day, can tell she's lost weight because of the way her clothes fit. She is such a liar.

• Useful 1
  • Love 17

First, Buddy is a loser. If Twit thinks her parents are going to accept him as is, she's high. 

Second, Buddy wants to be a comedian? A -  no talent. B - stupid (it's actually helpful if you know about current events, or psychology, or a particular culture,etc. ) C - jeez, I've heard there are no alcoholic or drug addict comedians, so he should be fine. /sarcasm.

Third - no one shows up for her event? Yass! Please don't let it be a teaser and 500 people show at the last minute.

• LOL 3
  • Love 13

Third - no one shows up for her event? Yass! Please don't let it be a teaser and 500 people show at the last minute.

You know there will be a big crowd (she probably arrived early and got the start time wrong) and she will proceed to tell us how amazing she was.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, Donut Bear said:

Third - no one shows up for her event? Yass! Please don't let it be a teaser and 500 people show at the last minute.

You know there will be a big crowd (she probably arrived early and got the start time wrong) and she will proceed to tell us how amazing she was.

A girl can dream, can't she?

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

Will she admit that she was invited to the No Barriers event because they consider her to be handicapped?   And that Todd wasn't because he's not?   Lordy I think we all could have done without the gross twerking foreplay.  Blechhhhh.   Oh poor Whitney and her daddy issues, nice that she blames him her problems.  Big effing baby.  

• Love 22

Frankly, I think these people know their 15 minutes of fame are over. Buddy looking for comedy work, Todd going to expand BGDC with her. Romance possibilities. Anything else these people could think of? Like opening a animal rescue post hurricane? SMDH.

Edited by Julyolo
Misspell
  • Love 11

Arm pumps and butt flab twerk, repeat repeat, repeat.  That's choreography?  So are all future episodes going to revolve around the gross possibility of romance between these two useless turds?   How long will TLC keep this sham going?

• Love 15
8 minutes ago, Suzy Rhapsody said:

Good grief, can this woman never wear a shirt in public?  I cannot imagine walking around in a crop top or her ever-present sports bra at her size.

Good grief... I was thinking the same thing.  What's that saying...dress for the way you look, not for the way you wished you looked!!

• Love 11
6 minutes ago, Snarkastikate said:

MBBFL.....the story of two horny fat losers that have lowered their expectations about love and realized there's no one out there for them other than themselves. 

Those two gross pigs deserve each other

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, Snarkastikate said:

MBBFL.....the story of two horny fat losers that have lowered their expectations about love and realized there's no one out there for them other than themselves. 

I’m reminded of the MadTV ‘Lowered Expectations’ skit... 😂

• LOL 15
  • Love 7

I think this romance with Buddy is as phony as any of the plot lines have been this season.  We're  supposed to be on the edge of our seats waiting for next season thinking will they or won't they?  Honestly I just don't care.  I really don't.  I've been watching Hoarders and switch over just for commercials..  and snark of course!

Oy this "dancing".  Couldn't she actually dance once upon a time?  Like in the original Fat Girl Dancing video that eventually brought her fab life to television?  Oh how I wish there was a place online where cameramen can let it all hang out.  

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, Snarkastikate said:

I think this romance with Buddy is as phony as any of the plot lines have been this season.  We're  supposed to be on the edge of our seats waiting for next season thinking will they or won't they?  Honestly I just don't care.  I really don't.  I've been watching Hoarders and switch over just for commercials..  and snark of course!

Oy this "dancing".  Couldn't she actually dance once upon a time?  Like in the original Fat Girl Dancing video that eventually brought her fab life to television?  Oh how I wish there was a place online where cameramen can let it all hang out.  

My god I've been surfing back and forth to Hoarders too!! I say let's just give Whitney another F for My Big Fat Fabulous Failed Life.

• Love 2