Type keyword(s) to search

S33.E06: In Love and War

• Start Topic

Kam and Leroy finally address their tumultuous relationship when it becomes clear that she may want someone else in the house; In order to destroy an alliance, Wes reveals a secret that potentially can break up a couple.

Airs March 13, 2019.

Wes: My plans are going smoothly. Johnny is out. Me and Dee have the Relic, so we're safe. And I'm thinking it's about time we go hunting for Bear. What an unpleasant jackass. I have faith that Leroy and that girl whose name I don't know will beat Bear. And Da'vonne, whose only crime was getting picked by Bear.

[One Killing Floor later . . .]

Bear: OI! I'M THE BEAR!!! I GET IT DONE IN ESSEX! I GET IT DONE IN SUSSEX!!! I GET IT DONE IN ANY EX!!!! AND I'LL GET IT DONE IN YER EX!!!!

Wes: Okay, so I forgot that if Bear wins, not only are him and Da'vonne safe next time, he will be gunning for me. Damn, you'd think I'd be able to sense when my schemes start falling apart.

More bad people being bad this week, albeit with a kickass mission. As far as concepts go, "crawling on tires while a monster truck drags them in the sand" might be the one to beat this season. Sadly, Kyle makes the Tribunal, and he and Paulie continue to press pickle at one another, which has gotten so old. He's picked because Natalie couldn't get past one tire. Paulie telling us that Natalie is "a five-time American Ninja Warrior champion"? No. No, she is not. Either she's been lying to him, or he did not do his research. But then Bear is bitching about her being "pathetic" . . . fucker, when she runs a course, the course isn't running ahead of her. So shut the fuck up.

Leroy should just pack it in. He can't win, he can't get the girl. I'm thinking his best relationship from a Challenge might have been with Mike-Mike in Rivals. Well, at least he's make at least one finale. Shane can't say that.

• Love 2

Why the hell is no one ever picking Amanda and Josh. This makes no sense! They are going to ease their way into the finale.

I like Da'vonne but I was rooting against her and Bear because Bear sucks and the Brit alliance needs to go down. I liked that Wes had the balls to think about breaking that up instead of airing out some old grievance with someone else. Bear is the kind of guy who plays around on his girl but then gets mad at you for upsetting her by telling her the truth about him. Now he gets to look all honorable (to stupid Georgia) for defending her from mean old Wes. RME.

Leroy looked really pathetic,, IMO, being all over Kam. If you've told her several times you didn't want a relationship you then can't turn around declare your love because she's flirting with a new guy. You don't get to pick things up whenever you decide. And it's not disrespectful for her to have a life. Now if she was sleeping with him in your bed, then yeah. Otherwise, shut up Lee.

Also shut up Nany for planting the idea that Kam is only with the guy for the game stuff cause in the beginning of the episode she had Bear practically begging for her attention and then she also is with Hunter by the middle of the episode. Neither of those flirtations have anything to do with the game? Right.

I had no idea who Leroy's partner was until this episode.

• Love 13

Turbo has the best soundbites, for real. I don't remember the quote tonight, but it was something about "one man fighting, another man fighting, maybe someone will die?" Just so non-chalant about it. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 8
5 hours ago, TiffanyNichelle said:

I had no idea who Leroy's partner was until this episode.

Right...😆

It is funny because I was just in the Survivor episode thread complaining about how I have not been able to retain any of the new cast's names.  Well on this show there are entire people in the cast that I did not even know about.

I mean I am pretty sure I saw her on other episodes, but for the life of me I cannot remember anything about her (She's really pretty as well, so that makes it even more mystifying to me that I do not remember her).

• LOL 1

It wasn’t just Wes.  As some other vet said, it’s only the vets who are being eliminated so if they don’t go at the Brits, the vets are just going to be picked off one by one.

These we’re good missions again and I liked that they chose the order randomly again.

Though in both challenges, especially the elimination, it came down to the females.

Even if Leroy could pull over his 40 bags quicker than Bear, it was up to which woman could pull over her 40 bags.  By the end, Davonne was pulling 2 at a time while Shaleen was pulling only one.

They probably should have had the women do 20 bags and had separate heats for men and women with combined times.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, scrb said:

As some other vet said, it’s only the vets who are being eliminated so if they don’t go at the Brits, the vets are just going to be picked off one by one.

This logic (in the show) was so weird to me - the teams are made up of one veteran and one newbie, so literally every team has a vet on it. Some of them are newer, like Da'vonne and Paulie, but they are technically vets at this point.  That said, they absolutely should be going after the Brits.

11 hours ago, sara416 said:

Turbo has the best soundbites, for real. I don't remember the quote tonight, but it was something about "one man fighting, another man fighting, maybe someone will die?" Just so non-chalant about it. 

That tickled me so much.

• Love 3

Bear is a troll. He gets off on being a nuisance. I’ll admit, he is pretty funny. And he actually tried in the elimination. I’ll take his villainy over Paulie’s fake tough guy act. 

I’m still rooting for Wes and Turbo. I used to hate Wes in the Duel-Fresh Meat days. Much like CT, he has turned into a favorite. It also has helped that he hasn’t done a real Challenge in a while. Plus, being against Johnny(even if his real rivalry was with Johnny’s buddy Kenny) helps. 

LeRoy is upset on social media about the way MTV edited him this season. Which I can understand because of how bad he looked in the whole Kam-Theo situation. It wasn’t a good look being so clingy. At this point, I think RoyLee needs to hang it up. Being Johnny’s buddy doesn’t have the advantages it used to. 

• Love 6

“I love Davonne but Bear...Jesus.”  I feel you, LeRoy’s partner who I did not know existed until just this minute.

Bear did not deserve half of the effort Davonne was putting in.  It seems as long as she’s not on Big Brother she is awesome.

I know the UK people need to get steppin’, but I just hate Paul so very much I was hoping they would get voted in. And lose.

When they went into the Tribunal Mattie looked stunning.  Georgia, on the other hand...did she get fillers between the challenge and the Tribunal?

• Love 3

I've always said Leroy only gets as far as he goes because of Bananas. He never does well in any of the challenges and only gets far because of that alliance. 

I love Wes not only because he does not like Bananas but he sees the bigger picture. Like getting bananas out early is good for everyone and the Brit alliance needs to be broken apart. I don't understand why people can't see the bigger picture and put ur shit aside, get the Brits or Bananas out then go after each other.

• Love 5

This is my first ep this season,  but why do about half the people speak with bad fake English accents? Is that so we know what team they're on? I'm still unclear on the "world war" Mad Max theme, but whatever. I realized that the only reason I liked Wes was because he looks good compared to KW Johnny, but I had to give him credit for knowing how to plan long term, so I cannot totally hate him.

Guys, I'm loving this show more than Survivor this season. I think the play between the partnerships and the alliances, and the hook-ups/relationships is so interesting. That you can be partners with someone and not be in the same alliance. That you can hook up with someone who's in the opposite alliance. That sometimes relationships de facto determine your alliances, and sometimes they don't. And everyone has an individual vote.

Bear is a great character. I mean, terrible human being, but great television.

And Wes seems like he's cut out for Survivor. He's the only one with strategy that doesn't seem personally motivated. Get him out, and it's just "my friends don't like your friends." (ahem, Paulie and Kyle). I'll be so curious to see where the "new vets" (like Da'Vonne) fall in this spectrum -- she's got a lot of connections with the Americans/vets, but her partner is from the U.K., so ... forced to choose, who does she side with? Can't wait to find out.

Terrific episode -- and yikes, what a challenge! Both challenges. So compelling, and that "Take Me To Church" montage was really well-done.

• Love 4

I feel like Leroy is being a bit misleading with how he presented his situation with Kam but hearing Kam explain that when she wanted a relationship and was all in with Leroy, he was being coy and wouldn't commit...it makes sense that Leroy is trying to 'do whatever' to show Kam he's serious but he's never said that he's doing damage control after playing games and being told to get lost. If that's how things really went down, I don't blame Kam for moving on and I don't think Kam owes Leroy anything but honesty which she gave him.

I find Wes entertaining...Bear seems like a despicable person but as someone else mentioned, he makes for great TV. I got a good laugh at his sound advice of 'when in doubt, always lie', lol.  Between these two guys, hopefully, they bring some entertainment (as long as it's not really nasty and degrading). 

• Love 8

I have a feeling that this will mark both Shaleen's first and last challenge appearance. MTV seemingly found the most obscure reality TV contestant they could, and they basically got exactly what they cast.

Absolutely everything Cara says annoys me now. With every passing episode, I wonder more if I harshly misjudged Amanda. Thanks for that, Cara.

If Wes really wanted to pull the trigger on the Bear thing, he should have recruited Nany to tell Georgia. I don't think Georgia would have accepted Bear's denials quite so easily if she had received a first person account. I believe Bear has a history of cheating, which should have given Georgia more pause. I also wonder if she knew he had a girlfriend back home.  Rumor has it Bear was cut a nice check to do this show, so I'm sure he wants to make sure MTV gets their money's worth. I actually don't think the cheating circus is part of that, though. That's just him. The whining, quitting, throwing himself on the card table part is probably his audition reel for the next ten seasons. I feel for Day.  Bear seems to be all-around not her scene. 

They probably should have had the women do 20 bags and had separate heats for men and women with combined times.

Yeah, it ended up being a bit anticlimactic, because essentially the men canceled each other out. I don't know how it ran when they tested it, but I think this was a clear culprit of faulty production design. There also probably should have been an "equalizer" of some sort for the tire mission for the women, because I don't think any of them got more than one or two, which wasn't terribly exciting to watch. 

• Love 2

I actually thought that Nany was telling Leroy that Kam was only with Theo for politics to try and spare his feelings, because Theo and Cara were a stronger team and that would make sense. It was sad to see Leroy so upset, and I think he and Kam are cute together. I wonder what the true tea is with that story. If she truly was all in and he was stringing her along until she got with someone else, I understand her actions.

All my favorites are gone now, the trend of the show seems like all high vets are leaving each week. I have no incentives anymore so I think I might spoil myself and wait for the reunion. 

ETA I hate the way this show is edited because at this point I'm pretty good at picking the teams that will win and the teams going head to head based on how they lay out the first 15 minutes of the show. 

Edited by LaurelleJ
  • Love 2
On 3/14/2019 at 7:51 PM, toodywoody said:

I've always said Leroy only gets as far as he goes because of Bananas. He never does well in any of the challenges and only gets far because of that alliance. 

I said the exact thing to myself when he got called into the elimination round.  He is a mediocre competitor at best and every time he's made it far, save for his first challenge, has been to his Johnny alliance.  The only time he's actually impressed me was when he taught himself to swim after almost killing himself one challenge.  He's a nice-ish guy, but being up Johnny's ass and the self-importance that has given him has just not been cool. 

• Love 4
24 minutes ago, luckyroll3 said:
On 3/14/2019 at 10:51 PM, toodywoody said:

I said the exact thing to myself when he got called into the elimination round.  He is a mediocre competitor at best and every time he's made it far, save for his first challenge, has been to his Johnny alliance.  The only time he's actually impressed me was when he taught himself to swim after almost killing himself one challenge.  He's a nice-ish guy, but being up Johnny's ass and the self-importance that has given him has just not been cool. 

Same. I have loved Leroy since I saw him on his Vegas season.  And he’s had so much Challenge bad luck, it could break your heart.  But somewhere down the road I eventually realized he’s just not good at this game.  And then the last time he was on he got called into elimination and he was livid, going on and on about the respect he was due, and how dare they throw him in, etc etc and I realized how much he had changed and how entitled he had begun to feel.  This may or may not be due to hanging out with Johnny too much but it’s not attractive.  Still he was very nice to whatever her name is who was his partner this year, when she was the reason he lost this time.  I sure hope he gets to play an individual game one of these days.  I’d like to see Leroy win once already and then retire. 

• Love 3

Still like Leroy and if he wants to come back on the show again, I’ll still root for him.  He’s better than most of the crappy people that go on this show.  I also will remember the graceful way he delt with Camilla’s racist bullshit.

• Love 3

I'm not ready to give up on Leroy just yet. He doesn't do as well in the challenges as I would like, but I forgot how good he is in eliminations. In battle of the exes II, he went to the dome 4 times, 3 times with Tia and 1 time with Theresa, and won. He won against Johnny, and he won against Wes. He has also struggled with injuries and being sent home (rivals III). He made it pretty far on free agents. I'd like to see him back on another  individual challenge, or with a very strong partner. In this particular elimination, it really came down to DaVonne vs. Shaleen. I agree with whoever said upthread that they should have had them compete individually to pull the bags and then combine the times. 

Edited by LaurelleJ
  • Love 2