Type keyword(s) to search

Chris and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

Several posts have been removed referring to Amy's new address. A reminder that linking to participants/casts/actors etc home addresses is against Primetimer rules

• Start Topic

(edited)
12 minutes ago, Munchkin said:

We have 2 small Schnauzers that look the same size as Felix and our vet told my wife 2 miles maximum, provide water and in really hot weather leave them at home 

5 miles is way too far for a dog Felix size

When we want to go on long walks with the dogs we have a cart for them to sit in and rest after the first mile and then they'll usually want to get out when we're nearing home after they've rested... the one we have can also be attached to the back of a bike.

Amy should get something for Felix to rest in after the first mile or so.

We have this one and our dogs love it!

paw hut.jpg

Those are great, your dog is so cute!

Edited by LucyEth
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
21 hours ago, LucyEth said:

Those are great, your dog is so cute!

sorry @LucyEth I should have explained that it was just a pic of the dog carrier we use... our dogs are Schnauzers and they resemble Felix, they're similar size and have silver grey fur 

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Munchkin said:

sorry @LucyEth I should have explained that it was just a pic of the dog carrier we use... our dogs are Schnauzers and they resemble Felix, they're similar size and have silver grey fur 

LOL, right, I should have know that dog was not a Schnauzer!  The carriage/cart is a good idea.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, zenme said:

image.thumb.jpeg.55e844d0775bc34de0d00b4c148aa9c1.jpegI think this Suze Orman cut would be so cute on Amy. 

I’ve looked at pics of Amy over the years and she’s had some really cute haircuts that were very flattering, I don’t know why she’s keeping this horrible hairdo with bangs that start up on the top of her head.. it emphasizes her worst features and doesn’t flatter at all.

Her hairdo for the prom even looked cute though somewhat outdated and that wasn’t that long ago so maybe she’ll have a cute hairdo for her wedding.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Yes. I remember when the show first began thinking they (Matt and Amy) were a good looking couple. Amy just hasn’t kept herself up at all. She’s still pretty if she’d clean herself up. I’m excited to see what she’ll do for her wedding. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Thank you! That’s Zoey, and we caught her on daughter’s laptop! 

Hoping we don’t have to wait for a new season to watch the wedding. Maybe a VSE?

• Love 3
27 minutes ago, zenme said:

Thank you! That’s Zoey, and we caught her on daughter’s laptop! 

Hoping we don’t have to wait for a new season to watch the wedding. Maybe a VSE?

OMG!!! Zoey is adorable!!!  🤗❤️🐾🤗

I bet Amy would love a stand-alone wedding special, but the seasons barely have any interesting content now, I don’t know what next season would be full of, if there is another season.  I guess they could fill it with shenanigans of the newlyweds.  We can only see Jackson write his name, Lilah coloring, or Zach and Tori giggling about the aforementioned so many times.  I think the kids will have to be a few years older to be interesting.  As far as Matt and Caryn, I guess they will focus on the new house.  

I hope we get to see more of Chris and Amy settling into married life.  Planning a wedding is stressful, so I’m curious to see if the bickering decreases after the wedding or if compromising it’s just going to be difficult for these two. 

• Love 5

I obviously planned my wedding completely wrong. I never found any part of the planning stressful.  I got engaged in February 2001 and we married in October 2001. It was the 1st wedding for both me and my husband, we were in our early 30’s, and were fortunate that my mom and my in-laws helped us pay for some of the reception. I had a spreadsheet with vendors and costs and due dates. My fiancé and I never had a single argument during planning (there was one very minor disagreement over serving chicken wings during cocktail hour, but I let him have that). The only thing that caused any stress was the fact that we were getting married exactly 1 month after 9/11. We were worried about how safe it would be for out of state guests to fly in (or even if they’d be able to).

But Amy has been telling everyone how stressful and how much work planning a wedding is. This is her 2nd one!! And she isn’t strapped for cash to pay for it like most couples. And she had considerable involvement in her 4 children’s weddings. Personally, I think Amy is just too unorganized to plan anything. 

• Love 18
(edited)
10 hours ago, BusyOctober said:

I obviously planned my wedding completely wrong. I never found any part of the planning stressful.  I got engaged in February 2001 and we married in October 2001. It was the 1st wedding for both me and my husband, we were in our early 30’s, and were fortunate that my mom and my in-laws helped us pay for some of the reception. I had a spreadsheet with vendors and costs and due dates. My fiancé and I never had a single argument during planning (there was one very minor disagreement over serving chicken wings during cocktail hour, but I let him have that). The only thing that caused any stress was the fact that we were getting married exactly 1 month after 9/11. We were worried about how safe it would be for out of state guests to fly in (or even if they’d be able to).

But Amy has been telling everyone how stressful and how much work planning a wedding is. This is her 2nd one!! And she isn’t strapped for cash to pay for it like most couples. And she had considerable involvement in her 4 children’s weddings. Personally, I think Amy is just too unorganized to plan anything. 

I think this wedding planning is more stressful because it will be on tv and the couple seemingly agrees on nothing lol .  Although I think some of that might be played up for the show.  I, also, think Amy fancies herself some sort of Martha Stewart.  Because of this delusion, I think she puts herself in situations like running the “glamping” party at the farm or her cooking videos, and thinks she comes across as as Miss Party Planner; meanwhile, she comes across as flustered and sloppy. She has poor time management skills and as you mentioned is fairly unorganized.  The problem is she also seems to have control issues, so even if she had help, she’d probably be micromanaging them.

Edited by Irate Panda
  • Love 13

I had a standard early 90’s wedding and did not find the planning to be arduous. People make such a big deal. I also was an event planner for Girl Scouts (volunteer) and again with a little organizing nbd. I know weddings are different today with all the save the dates and glamour appointments and So. Many. Photos. and fancy engagements. A bit ridiculous I think. The marriage is more important than the wedding, Amy. 

• Love 5

I’ve encouraged my daughter to go to Vegas and elope. I’m not a wedding girl. Never have been. Just wanted a marriage. Plus, I’m such a planner and organizer, where my daughter is not, that I see it could cause problems between my daughter and me. 
Amy, just go to the JP and get on with it. 

• Love 9
25 minutes ago, zenme said:

Amy, just go to the JP and get on with it. 

That's not going to happen.  Where's the drama in going to the JP?  She wants people oohing and aahing over her in her white gown as she strolls down the aisle while Ember tosses petals and Jackson walks beside her with the pillow and, hopefully, doesn't drop the ring.  

• Love 8
15 minutes ago, DonnaMae said:

That's not going to happen.  Where's the drama in going to the JP?  She wants people oohing and aahing over her in her white gown as she strolls down the aisle while Ember tosses petals and Jackson walks beside her with the pillow and, hopefully, doesn't drop the ring.  

Being named "Queen of the Prom" that night created a monster!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, SongbirdHollow said:

Chris seems so unhappy! His ideas are well thought out and reasonable and Amy is determined to live in chaos. Run Chris! Don’t you have any buds that are trying to talk you out of this? Listen to them!

So true!  His friends must be watching the show and wondering where the Chris they knew has gone!  

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

I was watching this last episode and thinking Amy really looks bad.  She looks haggard.  Is that because the tv show wants her to look bad and then better on the wedding day?

She just looks worn out with everything.

With that said I watched a little bit of her video with Lisa and she looked not great but a lot better than the show.

Just thinking maybe way back when this was filmed things were going on that made her look so bad but now things might be better?

• Love 3
22 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

I was watching this last episode and thinking Amy really looks bad.  She looks haggard.  Is that because the tv show wants her to look bad and then better on the wedding day?

She just looks worn out with everything.

With that said I watched a little bit of her video with Lisa and she looked not great but a lot better than the show.

Just thinking maybe way back when this was filmed things were going on that made her look so bad but now things might be better?

Maybe it's not Matt, but marriage itself that wears Amy out...  After all, it's a constant battle to have her own way!  They should have both kept their own homes and just had "adventures" together.  Maybe Henry would have lived!

• Love 15
23 minutes ago, all4mom2 said:

Maybe it's not Matt, but marriage itself that wears Amy out...  After all, it's a constant battle to have her own way!  They should have both kept their own homes and just had "adventures" together.  Maybe Henry would have lived!

JMO but If I was Amy there’s no way in hell I would bother getting remarried at her age.

she’s financially independent, she has a nice home, she has money to travel and the freedom to do so.

plus marrying a bachelor who’s never been married, doesn’t particularly enjoy being around kids and is somewhat set in his ways just sounds horrible to me

• Useful 3
  • Love 15
7 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

JMO but If I was Amy there’s no way in hell I would bother getting remarried at her age.

she’s financially independent, she has a nice home, she has money to travel and the freedom to do so.

plus marrying a bachelor who’s never been married, doesn’t particularly enjoy being around kids and is somewhat set in his ways just sounds horrible to me

I agree with you here—I personally wouldn’t get married again at this stage (I am happily married, btw) should I become single. I don’t see the reason for it. Amy, however, wants to get married and it’s her choice— so to each their own, I guess.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
(edited)
14 minutes ago, Adiba said:

I agree with you here—I personally wouldn’t get married again at this stage (I am happily married, btw) should I become single. I don’t see the reason for it. Amy, however, wants to get married and it’s her choice— so to each their own, I guess.

I think maybe Amy is in love with the idea of being in a romantic marriage with a guy she considers to be a “hunk” 

I also think she’s in love with the wedding and the dress and every little detail but when that’s all done I wonder how happy she’ll be.

She loves her kids and grandkids and while Chris is cordial and polite it’s not the same, he’s not in love with her kids and grandkids.

Hubby and I love being around our kids and our grandkids and it’s a wonderful thing, I’m not saying that step parents aren’t capable of loving step kids etc but I don’t think Chris is interested in that… he’s polite but happy to see them leave so that’s something that Amy can’t fully share with him… plus he often seems distant and slightly annoyed when talking about it and I can understand his feelings.

Edited by Joan of Argh
  • Love 12

I think she's also in love with the idea of beating Matt to the altar.  Can you imagine her reaction if they've already secretly tied the knot?  Her head will explode or she will spontaneously combust!

• LOL 8
  • Love 3
(edited)

I agree withe aforementioned reasons in the upper posts and I also think some the of reason Amy felt the need to get married was it might come across as hypocritical to shack up even part-time.  I personally don’t give a damn, but I think she either holds herself to that standard honestly or more likely is afraid about how her kids or even her dad might react.  I’m not sure if she’s still marketing herself on the Christian lecture circuit, but if she is that might affect her bookings.

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with getting married older in life, and she talks about all the changes she’s going through, but seems to forget Chris has probably been living on his own for the past 30-35 years unless he had live-in girlfriends at some point.  Not to mention the Roloffs in a group are loud and rambunctious most of the time and sometimes that’s exhausting.

On a side note, I agree with the person(s) that said Chris is still aware of the cameras and probably ends the fights with Amy quicker than normal.  I’m sure he doesn’t want his clients to see their realtor screaming all over TLC.

Edited by Irate Panda
  • Love 10
19 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

I think maybe Amy is in love with the idea of being in a romantic marriage with a guy she considers to be a “hunk” 

This!

21 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

Chris is cordial and polite it’s not the same, he’s not in love with her kids and grandkids

If I were Z&T and J&A I would not be comfortable having Jackson and Ember stay overnight while Chris is living there.

• Love 3

As I hypothesized, they don't stay there that often?  Jackson blew right by Amy without acknowledging her, and Lilah burst into tears as if terrified.  They don't seem to know her very well, to be honest.  Chris seems to tolerate them, barely.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, all4mom2 said:

I think she's also in love with the idea of beating Matt to the altar.  Can you imagine her reaction if they've already secretly tied the knot?  Her head will explode or she will spontaneously combust!

or melt into the floor like the wicked witch in Wizard of Oz  

• LOL 5

Chris reacts just fine around the grandkids.  If he was too huggy kissy, everyone would call him a pervert around kids.  If he wanted them to spend the night more often, he would be roasted.  He shows appropriate actions around the little ones at all times.  When you try too hard it stands out, but this isn't about Caryn.

I think part of the reason for Amy wanting a big wedding is for the show.   Amy and Matt are seasoned reality stars, they know how to keep a tv show on the air for many years.  I believe Chris and Amy's bickering is also show driven.  I have to admit, they are far more interesting than Matt and Caryn and their boring do nothing relationship.   Matt knows he has a bad reputation for being a lousy husband and barely there father, so he's playing the good guy part and letting Amy take all of the viewers lumps.   I almost admire his cunning...lol. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6

I notice it's always "just editing" when it's convenient and "real life" when it isn't on these boards.  YMMV.

Can someone do a side-by-side of the original kitchen alongside Amy's upgrade?

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

I think this whole obsession with rocks as favours is all about Amy being CHEAP!

She is trying to hide it behind her love of heart shaped rocks but I'm not buying it, it's all about doing the cheapest thing possible and presenting it as something sentimental.

That's why she wouldn't listen to Chris's idea because she knew whatever he would suggest would cost money and she wants to be as cheap as possible.

I think Chris knows that and is embarrassed to give rocks to his friends and family after they travel to his wedding, bring presents and spend money to celebrate his special day.

Amy has NO CLASS and she's the worst kind of MISER!

She wants grandma showers, wedding showers, wedding presents,, give me, give me, GIVE ME!

She's Scrooge McDuck waddling around in her money bin.

• LOL 2
  • Love 12
6 minutes ago, all4mom2 said:

I notice it's always "just editing" when it's convenient and "real life" when it isn't on these boards.

I've noticed it as well. At least my recent example involved an actual screen cut. YMMV

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Munchkin said:

I think this whole obsession with rocks as favours is all about Amy being CHEAP!

She is trying to hide it behind her love of heart shaped rocks but I'm not buying it, it's all about doing the cheapest thing possible and presenting it as something sentimental.

I mean, maybe, but a quick lookup on yahoo under "how much should a bride spend on wedding favors" gets this from a Martha Stewart article. 

"As general rule of thumb, most couples spend anywhere from $2 to $3 on each wedding favor, but this estimate isn't set in stone. A bride and groom should consider two main factors when setting a price point: their budget and the size of the guest list. Those with large celebrations will generally spend less per person on the favors, or else the total cost might surpass several hundred dollars."

I mean, lets not act like wedding favors are supposed to be Faberge eggs. 

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, Munchkin said:

That's why she wouldn't listen to Chris's idea because she knew whatever he would suggest would cost money and she wants to be as cheap as possible.

I think Chris knows that and is embarrassed to give rocks to his friends and family after they travel to his wedding, bring presents and spend money to celebrate his special day.

Amy has NO CLASS and she's the worst kind of MISER!

She wants grandma showers, wedding showers, wedding presents,, give me, give me, GIVE ME!

She's Scrooge McDuck waddling around in her money bin.

I think the wedding guests should give the bride and groom heart shaped rocks as wedding presents since that’s something that Amy loves so much and as she said it symbolizes their relationship!  👍🏻

• LOL 9
  • Love 6

Maybe I’m cheap, a bad friend, or just hate having extra stuff around, but do the guests normally care if they get a favor?  I’d rather get no favor than a rock.  I mean unless it’s maybe your child getting married, do I really need a memento from somebody else’s wedding?  I’d rather use the money on more/better food or a better band.  I just think Amy thinks her wedding is way more important to her guests than it probably is. Those rocks are going in the trash or being left behind. 

image.gif.779ac904e8844cc296eb16c21faca9d7.gif

• LOL 17
  • Love 5

IMO wedding favors are not essential.  Two out of three weddings I've attended in the last years had no favors.  The ones I did get usually ended up in the grandkids playbox.  Amy isn't really out of line from my experience.  If I got a rock, it would go with the other painted rocks in the garden border.  

• Love 2

Sunday I went to a central coast town that’s well known tourist destination and several stores were selling painted rocks. They were in same size range and painted in colorful dots.  I didn’t look at the price, because they are rocks. I did get fine examples of green fluorite for the  grandsons. 

• Love 1

Some weddings give out fine chocolates in a favor.  Guests seem to really enjoy them.

Being this is August on the farm...they'd melt!

God I bet it's going to be hot and full of flies and bugs from those farm animals!

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
11 hours ago, EllaWycliffe said:

"...but this estimate isn't set in stone."  

Now I get it...it's Amy being literal.

No, most people don't want more junk lying around (with the exception of Amy); that's why a nicely presented sample of her fudges would have been the perfect consumable gift.  At least I assume it's consumable.

Edited by all4mom2
  • LOL 5
  • Love 3

No, most people don't want more junk lying around (with the exception of Amy); that's why a nicely presented sample of her fudges would have been the perfect consumable gift.  At least I assume it's consumable.

that's a big assumption.

• LOL 3

The quote was from Martha Stewart magazine.

Help me out - if the favor was her fudge, wouldn't that generate complaints of how cheap she was and how gross her fudge is?

More seriously, consumables aren't always a great idea as party favors because of allergy and health concerns.

Again, wedding favors are not expected to be super expensive. Between labor and actually buying the rocks and the paint supplies, the stupid rock idea is more expensive than the 2 to 3 dollar acceptable wedding favor budget. Its a dumb idea but most wedding favors are. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, ginger90 said:

E56DC58D-2B22-44EB-80D6-F612A11E24C6.jpeg

I'm trying to picture her using this kitchen. How does she reach the microwave and oven? Even with a stool, it could be dangerous for her taking things out of the oven. It seems like the new island could have been expanded to accommodate her better and move the range into it somehow, as well as the microwave. It looks like the island is just a lower version of what was already there.

• Useful 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, Teri313 said:

I'm trying to picture her using this kitchen. How does she reach the microwave and oven? Even with a stool, it could be dangerous for her taking things out of the oven. It seems like the new island could have been expanded to accommodate her better and move the range into it somehow, as well as the microwave. It looks like the island is just a lower version of what was already there.

Throw in Felix the Hoover Dog scarfing up whatever falls on the floor, and it's an accident waiting to happen -- on video.  You don't have to try to picture it; watch "Amy Roloff's Little Kitchen" on YouTube!  Basically she just lowered the island (why bother; use the stool there, too) and changed the color of the cabinets and flooring from dark to light just as she did at the farmhouse, which Matt hated, by the way.

Edited by all4mom2
  • Love 5