Type keyword(s) to search

Chris and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

Several posts have been removed referring to Amy's new address. A reminder that linking to participants/casts/actors etc home addresses is against Primetimer rules

• Start Topic

12 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

Another highlight was Amy sputtering .."I dunno about you but I don't like a lot of stuff stuck to my thing" 

That was funny, these videos are completely unpolished but her fans love them, one person did write “stop licking your fingers” I noticed the finger licking and then using the finger to scrap batter off the spatula.  She also gave the dog a little push as he was jumping up at Deb, used the same hands in the cake batter etc.    I laughed at them bringing in Chris to all share one slice of cake.  A coconut raspberry ménage! 

Edited by LucyEth
  • Love 3

How does one do a baking video and not show how one third of the main components is made? She didn't give us one clue as to how to make the raspberry glaze filling, did she?  If it was that arduous of a task, why attempt to make that coconut cake? Oh, yes, Amy made the "DEVIL EGGS"..chalk up another one for her great English folks. Chris didn't look like he really liked that cake. I also noticed how her friend didn't use her fingers to scrape the spatula...she used another utensil for that. I think she should do some baking/cooking videos and I don't know why (if she's not married), Chris didn't give her a second look instead of Amy. She seems like a nice person with some class.

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, floridamom said:

How does one do a baking video and not show how one third of the main components is made? She didn't give us one clue as to how to make the raspberry glaze filling, did she?  If it was that arduous of a task, why attempt to make that coconut cake? Oh, yes, Amy made the "DEVIL EGGS"..chalk up another one for her great English folks. Chris didn't look like he really liked that cake. I also noticed how her friend didn't use her fingers to scrape the spatula...she used another utensil for that. I think she should do some baking/cooking videos and I don't know why (if she's not married), Chris didn't give her a second look instead of Amy. She seems like a nice person with some class.

Amy said a couple times that if you want the actual recipe with ingredients, method etc it's all provided in her cook book which you can download for $$$ on her website.

So I guess now her videos will be Amy making the recipe but not giving all the ingredients and if you want the recipe you need to pay.

• Love 3

The friend (Deb) mentioned (and I think I heard it correctly) that she usually bakes about 30 coffee cakes at Christmas to give away to friends.  Obviously she is an experienced baker.  So acting like she was learning from Amy was just for show.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, LucyEth said:

The friend (Deb) mentioned (and I think I heard it correctly) that she usually bakes about 30 coffee cakes at Christmas to give away to friends.  Obviously she is an experienced baker.  So acting like she was learning from Amy was just for show.

I laughed at Deb moving Amy's mimosa away from her because Amy was like a bull in a China shop with her mixer, she kept shoving it around and bumping into things.... She even said something like "oh lord..I'm gonna knock that drink over"

I don't know why she doesn't use a step stool, the mixer is at her shoulder level and it looks so awkward.

• Love 6

Both usages are correct.

From Wikipedia:

Pasty or Pastie may refer to:

Pastie, a large, round patéd pie eaten in Northern Ireland

Pasties, adhesive coverings applied to cover a person's nipples

Pasty, a meat and vegetable-filled pastry case

Pasty (horse), a racehorse

Pasty Harris (born 1944), English cricketer (from Cornwall)

a pale and unhealthy appearance; pallor

an implementation of Pastebin

3 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

I am sure there will be a lot of questions about Jacob that will not get answered.  

I haven't seen any Roloff family member offering any comment.

• Useful 1
5 minutes ago, EllaWycliffe said:

I haven't seen any Roloff family member offering any comment.

I haven’t either, and that’s their prerogative.  In my opinion they have known about it for years.  Just think she will get tons of questions about him.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Boston said:

Aren't pasties the things they wear on boobs in strip clubs? (or used to)

Yes, that's exactly what I was thinking when I read the term "meat pasties"!

However, since I already made reference to Izzy's vibrating dildos in a previous post, I decided to let someone else reference stripper "pasties". 

• LOL 4
5 hours ago, ginger90 said:

C506C665-1517-4DF3-A132-BC3D1F76520E.jpeg

Looks like the 'one other couple' didn't show up for the New Years Eve festivities!  Probably was afraid they would have to eat some of Amy's goodies!

Edited by Jeanne222
  • LOL 10
  • Love 1

Just a thought...Maybe the type of dwarfism causes skin issues. Amy, Matt and Zach all seem to have 'aged' faces. I am not trying to be rude but they all have wrinkles, and leathery looking, slightly darkened facial skin. 

• Useful 3
On 1/1/2021 at 7:43 PM, Joan of Argh said:

Omg *barf*

I made it through the "what's in the bowl" debacle and even through the flour flying out of the mixer and landing everywhere but I hit a brick wall when she used her finger to do a taste test and sucked all the batter off with her mouth and then 3 minutes later uses the same finger to wipe the batter off the spatula and into her cake pan for baking. 😲     

Another highlight was Amy sputtering .."I dunno about you but I don't like a lot of stuff stuck to my thing" 

I'll let you decide what she's referring to... Lol

Amy really needs to stop the finger licking, what is she.. 5 yrs old?

She licked her finger and went in and out of the batter and she also licked her finger and went in and out of the frosting.

The part of the recipe where she had Deb adding coconut milk one teaspoon at a time was ridiculous, she needs to figure that stuff out ahead of time and just say 1/3 of a cup or whatever amount is appropriate.... she's also a VERY messy person when she cooks, she took the beater blade covered in the sticky frosting and laid it on the counter and then plopped her spatula next to it which was also covered in frosting.. take a step and put it in the sink for goodness sake or into a junk bowl.

I wouldn't be able to eat anything she makes because she's constantly licking fingers, running her hands in her hair, pushing Felix away with her hands, scratching her ear with her hand and then she goes right back into the food.  🤮

I

• Love 4
Just now, Dustbunny said:

Amy really needs to stop the finger licking, what is she.. 5 yrs old?

She licked her finger and went in and out of the batter and she also licked her finger and went in and out of the frosting.

The part of the recipe where she had Deb adding coconut milk one teaspoon at a time was ridiculous, she needs to figure that stuff out ahead of time and just say 1/3 of a cup or whatever amount is appropriate.... she's also a VERY messy person when she cooks, she took the beater blade covered in the sticky frosting and laid it on the counter and then plopped her spatula next to it which was also covered in frosting.. take a step and put it in the sink for goodness sake or into a junk bowl.

I wouldn't be able to eat anything she makes because she's constantly licking fingers, running her hands in her hair, pushing Felix away with her hands, scratching her ear with her hand and then she goes right back into the food.  🤮

I

Barf. I will never watch any of her cooking videos. Ever. Just reading the descriptions here of her videos is making me gag. Imagine being a family member and realizing all of her food you've eaten over the years were made with the same 'care' as these cooking videos. Eeeww. Ick. And puke. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Spazamanaz said:

Just a thought...Maybe the type of dwarfism causes skin issues. Amy, Matt and Zach all seem to have 'aged' faces. I am not trying to be rude but they all have wrinkles, and leathery looking, slightly darkened facial skin. 

It could be, but I think Matt has a different type of dwarfism than Amy and Zach, unless it is an issue with all types.  Someone please correct me if I am wrong on Matt being different than Amy and Zach. 

• Useful 3
13 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

It could be, but I think Matt has a different type of dwarfism than Amy and Zach, unless it is an issue with all types.  Someone please correct me if I am wrong on Matt being different than Amy and Zach. 

Matt has diastrophic dysplasia.

Amy and Zach have achondroplasia.

39 minutes ago, Spazamanaz said:

Barf. I will never watch any of her cooking videos. Ever. Just reading the descriptions here of her videos is making me gag. Imagine being a family member and realizing all of her food you've eaten over the years were made with the same 'care' as these cooking videos. Eeeww. Ick. And puke. 

That's why I rarely eat anything prepared anywhere else but my kitchen and restaurants with good ratings for inspections.  We have not eaten one bite from a restaurant or drive-through since March.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
47 minutes ago, Spazamanaz said:

I can't understand it, she's been made aware of it time and time again but she just keeps doing it, in one of her cooking videos (don't recall which one) she must have had an itchy ear full of wax or something because she kept going into her ear with her finger and digging around several times   and right back into the food.

She wants to be successful but she never takes the advice or changes her habits, she's stubborn as an ox.

If she cant remember to keep her fingers out of everything then at least edit it out of the videos.

• Love 9
14 minutes ago, Dustbunny said:

She wants to be successful but she never takes the advice or changes her habits, she's stubborn as an ox.

Well, she did stop saying "parmesian" . . . but when she says "parmesan," it looks like she has to stop and think about it first.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
32 minutes ago, Dustbunny said:

I can't understand it, she's been made aware of it time and time again but she just keeps doing it, in one of her cooking videos (don't recall which one) she must have had an itchy ear full of wax or something because she kept going into her ear with her finger and digging around several times   and right back into the food.

If she cant remember to keep her fingers out of everything then at least edit it out of the videos.

Can you even imagine being married to her?  No wonder Matt was drinking and maybe carousing!

Usually no good reason for either of those but a man does what a man has to do!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2

I don’t like it eat anything anyone made unless I really know them and their kitchen.  We used to have these big Christmas parties at work and everyone would make something and bring it in, I only ate the purchased food like the cold cuts and cold salads.  

• Love 6
13 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

Can you even imagine being married to her?  No wonder Matt was drinking and maybe carousing!

Really, maybe instead of drinking up and carousing, Matt should have just divorced her a wee bit sooner than 25 years in. And I'm not applauding excusing his behavior when he had kids that had to watch Daddy drink up and carouse with other women rather than deal with his problems. Sorry, I just can't buy into the "Amy was a bitch so Matt does what a man *has to do* and drinks up and carouses". It's an excuse to give a man a free pass to drink and cheat. 

Mind you, I agree Matt was drinking and carousing, I'm just not agreeing thats a decent or responsible way to handle marital issues. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, Jeanne222 said:

Gators gotta gate... 😂

The thing that drove me nuts about Amy and would have led to carousing was her constant negativity.... just like her father.

They're both to blame but if I could choose between dinner with Matt or dinner with Amy... I'd choose Matt because he's more interesting, he's always doing projects on the farm and for the grandchildren.... Plus I'd probably have a few good laughs.

Amy comes across so fake when she tries to sweet.... It would drive me nuts.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, Joan of Argh said:

Gators gotta gate... 😂

The thing that drove me nuts about Amy and would have led to carousing was her constant negativity.... just like her father.

They're both to blame but if I could choose between dinner with Matt or dinner with Amy... I'd choose Matt because he's more interesting, he's always doing projects on the farm and for the grandchildren.... Plus I'd probably have a few good laughs.

Amy comes across so fake when she tries to sweet.... It would drive me nuts.

Yes and yes!  She's trying that sweet talking on her videos when she breaks to try to sell her stuff!  Doesn't she see how ridiculous she looks and sounds!

• Love 13
2 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Yes and yes!  She's trying that sweet talking on her videos when she breaks to try to sell her stuff!  Doesn't she see how ridiculous she looks and sounds!

She receives so many comments telling her to just be herself, quit using the childish voice and trying to act like she loves everyone.... Even her fans tell her to quit acting like that and be herself but she keeps doing it.

She should up her game by presenting a more professional product, follow a general script to keep from rambling and use her normal voice, quit saying "Amy Roloff in my little kitchen!!, Amy Roloff's little kitchen!!" wash, rinse, repeat... Quit licking her fingers and other bad habits, Have the recipes ready to go, have everything measured....and then sell her cookbooks and other items on her site... Maybe mention it once but quit pushing them like her life depends on it because that's another thing that people complain about.

So many people say that she's always selling something because shes just too pushy and obvious about it.

• Love 8
7 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

She receives so many comments telling her to just be herself, quit using the childish voice and trying to act like she loves everyone.... Even her fans tell her to quit acting like that and be herself but she keeps doing it.

She should up her game by presenting a more professional product, follow a general script to keep from rambling and use her normal voice, quit saying "Amy Roloff in my little kitchen!!, Amy Roloff's little kitchen!!" wash, rinse, repeat... Quit licking her fingers and other bad habits, Have the recipes ready to go, have everything measured....and then sell her cookbooks and other items on her site... Maybe mention it once but quit pushing them like her life depends on it because that's another thing that people complain about.

So many people say that she's always selling something because shes just too pushy and obvious about it.

Audrey could write another best selling book with her team!  Never Enough!

• LOL 7
9 hours ago, DonnaMae said:

It shouldn't be how you do it.  Stop putting your face in front of the camera, Amy!   You look gaunt and sickly in this selfie.

That is without a doubt one of the very worst ones.  What's wrong with her?

• Love 8
On 1/1/2021 at 11:11 AM, AZChristian said:

Amy looks like, "You folks weren't worth putting on moisturizer and combing my hair for.  Oh, by the way - go buy my cookbook and other stuff!!!"

I still don't understand why Chris is attracted to her. 

On another note, I can't stand it when these cooks take you all the way through making their dish then they don't cut into it or spoon out a portion or what ever to show you the finished product. This happens a lot on YouTube cooking video's, too. This is where you can tell the amateurs from the pro's. Amy has much to learn. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, DonnaMae said:

Doesn't look like she uses it. 

I don't find any of the scents appealing but...

How many people want to smell like a pumpkin 🎃 or even a pumpkin pie?

She's all about making money and I can't imagine that there's that many people wanting to smell like pumpkin.

Edited by Joan of Argh
Spelling
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, bichonblitz said:

I still don't understand why Chris is attracted to her

Yeah... that's one of life's big mysteries for me too. 

And what does she have stuck to her upper tooth (in that pic) that's black? 

• Love 5
27 minutes ago, LucindaWalsh said:

To your point above, Joanna eats her food! Plates it and shows the camera just what it looks like and then devours it.

I saw both of her shows and really liked them. I made the chicken casserole tonight except I used store bought bread stuffing (not Stove Top) and it was delish. Aside from Joanna having style and class it was cute the way she kept saying she wasn't a professional cook, just a home cook and laughing at her own mistakes. She's always been adorable. I guess the difference between her and Amy (aside from Joanna being naturally likeable) is that Amy video's her segments on her own and Joanna has a film crew and people behind the scenes cutting and re-doing  segments. 

18 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

Don't know but I noticed it, too and  it was disgusting. Why does she do such selfie closeups? Does she edit them AT ALL? How can she not look at this stuff before posting? She gets so close to her face you can practically see the plaque build up on her teeth. She needs a good dental cleaning. Move the phone away from your face, Amy! 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, bichonblitz said:

I saw both of her shows and really liked them. I made the chicken casserole tonight except I used store bought bread stuffing (not Stove Top) and it was delish. Aside from Joanna having style and class it was cute the way she kept saying she wasn't a professional cook, just a home cook and laughing at her own mistakes. She's always been adorable. I guess the difference between her and Amy (aside from Joanna being naturally likeable) is that Amy video's her segments on her own and Joanna has a film crew and people behind the scenes cutting and re-doing  segments. 

Don't know but I noticed it, too and  it was disgusting. Why does she do such selfie closeups? Does she edit them AT ALL? How can she not look at this stuff before posting? She gets so close to her face you can practically see the plaque build up on her teeth. She needs a good dental cleaning. Move the phone away from your face, Amy! 

I don't find Joanna Gaines adorable or likable and don't want to watch her or Amy cook anything.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

Yeah... that's one of life's big mysteries for me too. 

There's a couple of black things!  Looks like she was eating burnt toast!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Call me silly, but on the rare occasions when I do take a selfie, I LOOK at it first before uploading it to Facebook.  That way, I can decide whether it's the face I want to put out there for the world to see.  Ooops - big gummy smile?  Let's take another picture and make sure the upper lip is down over the teeth.  Crap in my teeth?  Retake.  Glob of something in the corner of my mouth?  Nope. 

Planning to use the picture to sell something?  Hmmm.  Maybe a touch of makeup and a quick look in the mirror before snapping the picture.  Can you imagine that she looked at this picture and thought, "Yep, that's a good one"????

She needs to hunt around for a dentist who might be interested in giving her a free cleaning in exchange for her posting before and after pictures to her social media platforms.  Apparently, she doesn't like to pay for things, so maybe a marketing opportunity for the dentist might get her to have her teeth cleaned.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

The description on her site doesn’t give the information, but zooming in, it seems these are 8oz each. I’m not one to use such things, I stick with what I know, sensitive skin here. Is this overpriced?

FD39F143-EA8A-4A3D-AB20-4A6439621799.jpeg

• Useful 1