Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E16: Fault in Him

mxc90
  • Start Topic

First Aired: February 27, 2019

During an emergency call, an unsuspecting Lt. Casey suddenly finds his life in peril. Grissom warns the firehouse that they will need to gear up for a performance evaluation. Otis discovers he won a raffle prize at a recent fundraiser and Brett is met with challenges in her personal life.

Casey is too mild mannered. He should have let loose on the "All Clear" cops!

This show is trying every way to keep Gabby's name alive! That was a tense 8 seconds of me screaming "Matt don't press damn the button"!

Why is Grissom going to Severide first instead of Boden?

Chaplain showed up late night unannounced while Casey is trying to rest. I don't blame Casey for being a little unnerved. Their scene/little talk was weird. The talk shook up the Chaplin so bad he had to break up with Sylvie?

I'm sure Chief, Severide, and Grissom "staged" that little show to make Grissom look good in the task force's eyes. At their next house visit, they'll probably stage Grissom rescuing a cat stuck in a tree.

I hope Otis doesn't share the prize money with anyone in the house except Foster. But somehow he'll be left with $40.00 after they guilt him to spend it on a party at Molly's.

Edited by mxc90
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Crs97 said:

I liked the chaplain and hope he stays.  I was sad he broke up with Brett.

What happened to the other chaplain?  I liked him, too.

The old chaplain retired. Poor Brett. I didn’t see any conflict such that he had to break up with her.

• Love 1

Wait a minute.  They broke down the door old school without using the Slammigan?  It made a cameo appearance last week.  Maybe it needs a better agent.

Laugh out loud moment when Severide gets done chewing out the Commisioner's voice mail, only to find out that Boden ordered the equipment.  You could just see his mind whirring; "Is there any way to remotely delete a voice mail?"

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

So Grissom is a good guy now? He did everything he could to ruin Boden and 51!  These story lines  come across as someone brand new writes an episode every week.

I'm getting whiplash myself. I thought he lied on his resume to get the job. Now everyone is trying to help him keep his job? 

One thing I noticed in the rescue scene at the end - when Severide makes it upstairs they find a guy just laying there on the floor crying for help, with fire behind him - but there was no fire blocking his exit. Why was he just lying there? It's not as if he was so overcome by smoke he couldn't move because they were able to get him up and out of there without carrying him. Was he trying to get to his kids? The whole thing felt badly staged.

• Love 4

Is there a new episode next week, didn't see the previews?

I felt bad for Brett but she and Kyle should have realized there would be an issue before Matt almost got shot to death. I was expecting Matt to go tell off Brett but I wonder if Matt will ever find out that Brett got dumped. 

Matt should have let the cops have it and I really like to think they aren't this stupid but Matt should have said something to them. 

I expect Grissom to be the bad guy again, some way, some how. 

That was so cool with what Otis did but I admit, I don't know how you could put the puck in those holes from that far. 

EDIT: About Matt, what if he really just didn't want to talk and it had nothing to do with the Chaplin? 

Edited by Waterston Fan
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Waterston Fan said:

admit, I don't know how you could put the puck in those holes from that far. 

That s why they offer so much in prize money. It’s very difficult to do that but it’s definitly been done.  even pro hockey players  would have trouble making that shot.

7 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

Sylvie is a bit of a ditz, she should have known better than to ask her current boy friend to talk to her old boy friend.

(I could be wrong) I don't think Sylvie dated Matt? I think Cruz was the only person she dated in the station.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Sake614 said:

That s why they offer so much in prize money. It’s very difficult to do that but it’s definitly been done.  even pro hockey players  would have trouble making that shot.

Actually, it’s not that hard. I played a long time and the board was shown to have the 3 holes cut, so all he had to do would be slide (not shoot) the puck 100 feet from center ice on goal, and get lucky.  I do not believe anyone wins $10k on the third try though; only the first.

I was yelling at the TV why are they giving him a left curve stick when he is shooting right handed? Good for his player coach at the end to tell him that.

True story, while coaching minor league hockey, our team also did a $10k giveaway, but it was one shot, one hole in the center. (Much more difficult). It was held the last game of the season and some guy who had never had a stick in his hand won it! BUT... the insurance policy that covered the $10k payoff EXPIRED at midnight the night before, due to a schedule error. Uh oh.

It took months, but the guy finally got paid. His wife gave me grief saying it wasn’t worth all the hassle and drama. I said spare me the whiny, Mrs 10k Lady.

• LOL 2

One other thing... kind of odd that Matt said the revolver “jammed.” While it’s a common belief that revolvers do not jam, the truth is they can, but usually it’s due to a casing foulup that would cause the shooter to have to work on the gun to get it to fire. The next shot the offender took, shot successfully with no effort, into the floor.

When I watched the scene, it looked like there wasn’t a round in that chamber. That’s what I thought they were doing there. Then the next shot fired cleanly. Calling it a “jam” was weird, but I guess he’s a fireman, not a gun guy.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, SG11 said:

When I watched the scene, it looked like there wasn’t a round in that chamber. That’s what I thought they were doing there. Then the next shot fired cleanly. Calling it a “jam” was weird, but I guess he’s a fireman, not a gun guy.

That's what I thought, but how would the revolver have had an empty chamber in the middle of two live rounds?

(edited)
7 hours ago, Waterston Fan said:

EDIT: About Matt, what if he really just didn't want to talk and it had nothing to do with the Chaplin? 

Just a note of warmhearted snark here for everyone, it's Chaplain.  Charlie died several years ago, but, in retrospect, he would be a great addition to Station 51.

Edited by Dowel Jones
  • LOL 7
  • Love 2
16 hours ago, preeya said:

That's what I thought, but how would the revolver have had an empty chamber in the middle of two live rounds?

I think you can just enter a round one at a time, unless you use a speed loader. I usually use a semi-Auto, but I do have a revolver and it’s possible to place a round in, skip a chamber, place another in... think about how Russian Roulette works, for instance.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
19 hours ago, mxc90 said:

(I could be wrong) I don't think Sylvie dated Matt? I think Cruz was the only person she dated in the station.

She dated Cruz but I don't ever remember her even having a crush on Matt.  That said, I wouldn't mind if the writers explored having them as a romantic couple.  She also dated the cop, whose name I don't remember, from Chicago PD. (Dawson's brother)

I like Sylvie and never thought of her as a ditz.  

• Love 8
1 hour ago, icemiser69 said:

Oops,   I was wro.. wro.. wrong.

I have only watched this season, my assumption was that there was a prior relationship given how Matt had reacted when he found out the Sylvie had talked to the chaplain about him.

Now I am totally confused by Matt's reaction.

By the way, thank you for correcting me.  When I get things wrong (which is quite often) I like to know where I got it wrong.

Again, thank you.☺️

Matt's reaction can be one or all of three things: Kyle came pretty late, Matt just didn't want to talk to a guy who is dating one of his co workers which Kyle mentioned or Matt just wasn't ready to talk. I think maybe it was all three. 

Would Matt have reacted that way if Sylvie was not dating Kyle? 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, tinderbox said:

She dated Cruz but I don't ever remember her even having a crush on Matt.  That said, I wouldn't mind if the writers explored having them as a romantic couple.  She also dated the cop, whose name I don't remember, from Chicago PD. (Dawson's brother)

I like Sylvie and never thought of her as a ditz.  

It was St. Gabby's brother Antonio Dawson.

(edited)
3 hours ago, Waterston Fan said:

Matt's reaction can be one or all of three things: Kyle came pretty late, Matt just didn't want to talk to a guy who is dating one of his co workers which Kyle mentioned or Matt just wasn't ready to talk. I think maybe it was all three. 

I think all three too. Matt just wanted to sit in silence with the lights dim.

After watching again, Kyle told Matt he tried calling and hoped he didn't mind him dropping by. I guess he couldn't take a hint when Matt didn't answer the phone. 

Earlier this season, didn't Matt rush into an elevator shaft to rescue someone and was almost crushed by an elevator? He didn't seemed rattled after that near death. I wouldn't know but I guess one reacts differently when almost being shot as to almost being crushed???!!!!!

Hermann has Otis practicing in the bar and Otis nearly hits two women with a wiffle ball. If that ball had hit one of the women; there's a lawsuit. Hermann should know better.

3 hours ago, Waterston Fan said:

Would Matt have reacted that way if Sylvie was not dating Kyle?

I believe he would have. I don't think he wanted any of his co-workers finding out how he really felt (by the gun not firing the first time).

5 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

By the way, thank you for correcting me.  When I get things wrong (which is quite often) I like to know where I got it wrong.

Again, thank you.☺️

No problem! Happy to help. 

Edited by mxc90
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Dowel Jones said:

After his miraculous recovery from the head injury some seasons back, he can face anything, right?

Well he did go to Chicago Med...the place of miracles & magic healing potions....

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, mxc90 said:

Hermann has Otis practicing in the bar and Otis nearly hits two women with a wiffle ball. If that ball had hit one of the women; there's a lawsuit. Hermann should know better.

Isn't Otis also a co-owner of Molly's (although to be honest I can't keep track of who owns Molly's anymore, Dawson was in on it originally and Shay bought part, what happened to their shares. Also didn't they make Stella a partner). Between that and being an actual adult he should have known that shooting hockey pucks inside a bar was a pretty stupid idea.

• Love 1
(edited)
10 hours ago, Dowel Jones said:

After his miraculous recovery from the head injury some seasons back, he can face anything, right?

Absolutely.

(Not in any episode order) He faced all the political nonsense being an alderman, dealing with street gangs, caught up in the nasty strip club mess (turned out the place was trafficking girls, one girl was murdered and he was almost framed), leaped into water (with Severide) from a building as it exploded, survived the warehouse fire (when thought he was dead), putting up with Gabby's greatness for all those years, provided protection for a scared little boy and walked him to school through a rough/dangerous neighborhood (I guess driving was too easy), have to endure Boden's stares everyday, his apartment caught fire (thankful his picture with Gabby was not destroyed), now rooms with Severide (must listen to his banging all night) and escaped with no injury when two fire trucks collided. 

After all that, one missed bullet left him shaken?! I'm sure Boden talked sense back into him.

47 minutes ago, Kel Varnsen said:

Isn't Otis also a co-owner of Molly's (although to be honest I can't keep track of who owns Molly's anymore, Dawson was in on it originally and Shay bought part, what happened to their shares. Also didn't they make Stella a partner). Between that and being an actual adult he should have known that shooting hockey pucks inside a bar was a pretty stupid idea.

Original owners: Hermann, Dawson, Otis and Shay.

I lost track when Stella got involved. I think she took the initiative one day, just jumped behind the bar, started serving drinks and no one told her to stop.

Is there still a Molly's 2?

Edited by mxc90
  • Love 2
42 minutes ago, Kel Varnsen said:

Between that and being an actual adult he should have known that shooting hockey pucks inside a bar was a pretty stupid idea.

The "Otis character" is written to be or look stupid. Actually, the trio of Herman, Mouch, and Otis are all pretty stupid.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, mxc90 said:

(Not in any episode order) He faced all the political nonsense being an alderman, dealing with street gangs, caught up in the nasty strip club mess (turned out the place was trafficking girls, one girl was murdered and he was almost framed), leaped into water (with Severide) from a building as it exploded, survived the warehouse fire (when thought he was dead), putting up with Gabby's greatness for all those years, provided protection for a scared little boy and walked him to school through a rough/dangerous neighborhood (I guess driving was too easy), have to endure Boden's stares everyday, his apartment caught fire (thankful his picture with Gabby was not destroyed), and escaped with no injury when two fire trucks collided. 

Also, his girlfriend/finance, pre-Gabby, died (or was killed, can't exactly recall), the issues with Voight, and there was something major with his mother.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, preeya said:

Also, his girlfriend/finance, pre-Gabby, died (or was killed, can't exactly recall), the issues with Voight, and there was something major with his mother.

I think Hallie was murdered and (I'm not totally sure) his mother killed his father (she was in jail for years) then released.

The writers are making sure he's having a rough life.

• Love 2

I will say that I can see a difference between almost dying due to the dangerous nature of your job and almost dying because someone actively tried to kill you.  I can see a person’s reaction to the latter being more extreme.

• Love 5
15 hours ago, mxc90 said:

Is there still a Molly's 2?

There is a Molly's 2. It's Molly's North. Remember a few episodes back, Stella had to drop the glassware off at Molly's North, which is why she was delayed from traveling with Brett and Foster to Indiana. Not to mention, I'm pretty sure Otis' girlfriend, Lily, and her dad still run Molly's North, as it's the only way to keep it open as we've never seen Otis, Hermann, or Stella actually bartend there.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Crs97 said:

I will say that I can see a difference between almost dying due to the dangerous nature of your job and almost dying because someone actively tried to kill you.  I can see a person’s reaction to the latter being more extreme.

True. You're facing death staring down the barrel of a gun and the guy pulls the trigger and the gun jams and doesn't fire. That's not a risk or a danger from a high-risk job. You are dead if that gun doesn't jam. 99 out of a 100 times. As Boden said, it just wasn't his time. There's no other way to explain it. At least in a high-risk job, you're trained to be put in dangerous situations and to run towards the danger because you're prepared to handle it.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, WinJet0819 said:

There is a Molly's 2. It's Molly's North. Remember a few episodes back, Stella had to drop the glassware off at Molly's North, which is why she was delayed from traveling with Brett and Foster to Indiana. Not to mention, I'm pretty sure Otis' girlfriend, Lily, and her dad still run Molly's North, as it's the only way to keep it open as we've never seen Otis, Hermann, or Stella actually bartend there.

Yes. I remember now. Thank you!

19 hours ago, preeya said:

The "Otis character" is written to be or look stupid. Actually, the trio of Herman, Mouch, and Otis are all pretty stupid.

I was so glad that they had Hermann take the LT exam and become more of a leader. He was pretty good at being the Wise Elder at the house - when he wasn't being an idiot chasing stupid get-rich-quick schemes. It was like character whiplash.

• Love 2

I have never known a bunch of people who break up/end relationships for such stupid reasons as the #OneChicago franchise?

Did the Chaplain think that maybe Casey just wasn't ready to talk to anyone and it had nothing to do with Brett? Like FFS, are these people adults or not. It's like watching Sweet Valley High.

I don't get the reasoning behind making Otis/Cruz et al so idiotically stupid? It's insulting. I wonder if the actors cringe at the shit they are given some times. I mean I don't mind a C plot to lighten the mood but that hockey storyline was so bad. 

At least it was nice to see an extended fire scene, rather than a thirty second trip to put out a garbage bin fire. 

• Love 2
On 2/28/2019 at 10:31 AM, icemiser69 said:

I don't know how the Chaplin would have ever thought that, that relationship would have worked anyway.

Sylvie is a bit of a ditz, she should have known better than to ask her current boy friend to talk to her old boy friend.

Sylvie never dated Casey. She dated Cruz. Though I wont be surprised if Sylvie dates Casey in the Future 

On 2/28/2019 at 6:37 PM, mxc90 said:

She dated Cruz and was crushed on by Otis 

• Love 1
On 2/27/2019 at 10:43 PM, SuzieQ said:

So Grissom is a good guy now? He did everything he could to ruin Boden and 51!  These story lines  come across as someone brand new writes an episode every week.

Thought the same thing.  Use to be evil, now good.

Could they drop the hints of a possible Casey/Brett relationship any harder?  Maybe they can get St. Gabby to drop by and giver her blessing for her ex-husband and ex-partner to hook up.

I laughed at Kidd making a comment about Matt not being able to go more than a few days without someone trying to kill him- it's too true.  

Otis is such an idiot.  Taking advice from guys who you know are betting against you?  Didn't Hermann used to coach his kids hockey team?  I wonder if he might have been willing to actually help if new girl hadn't offered a bet.

• Love 1