Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E03: Old Habits Die Hard

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, Dot said:

Episode 3 ratings

#21 of the Top 50 Tue cable shows

946,000 viewers (a drop of another 1/4 million or so viewers)

0.26 rating

At what point would you expect TLC to drop her?

Does this mean there are 1/4 million disciples of this forum who have sworn off watching this show?

• Love 3
12 hours ago, Monie said:

Ugh...i cannot stand when she calls that mouth breathing tub of lard "boo bear"....why the frick is he so damn fat if he did "blow"?!!

Thats what i want to know. Why is fat if he did coke, unless he did pot as well 

• Love 4
37 minutes ago, Nicmar said:

He also has an addiction to alcohol, and you can absorb a whole lot of empty calories pounding down beers, not to mention sugary cocktails. He may have been using booze to counter some of the effects of the cocaine, as well. (Gotta sleep sometimes . . . ) Not to mention he was living with Whitney and partaking of her sausage-pizza-a-day and cereal-with-heavy-cream diet. Add in no exercise and even a coke addict will bulk up, I think.

• Love 11
4 minutes ago, Ketzel said:

He also has an addiction to alcohol, and you can absorb a whole lot of empty calories pounding down beers, not to mention sugary cocktails. He may have been using booze to counter some of the effects of the cocaine, as well. (Gotta sleep sometimes . . . ) Not to mention he was living with Whitney and partaking of her sausage-pizza-a-day and cereal-with-heavy-cream diet. Add in no exercise and even a coke addict will bulk up, I think.

Yeah your right.Whitney does follow a 4,000 calorie diet. , so he is bound to gain weight while doing blow 

• Love 2
15 hours ago, Brooks said:

At what point would you expect TLC to drop her?

Good auestion. I have come to believe that a cheesy, low-rent cable channel like TLC -- there are so many of them now -- don't care a whit if they have one viewer or a million. I think these so-called reality shows last for only 2 reasons: (1) they can find enuf advertisers to make a profit & (2) a "star" doesn't scandalize or embarrass those advertisers.

So, if my theory is correct, MBFFL will last forever, or until Twit is arrested for sexual harassment. (Or, possibly, until one of the parents die -- sort of a subset of reason #2.)

Here's the viewership record for TLC shows last week, Mon-Thu:

Dr P P = 2,839,000

M600#L = 1,300,000

MBFFL = 946,000

Fam by Ton = 822,000

I Am Jazz = 759,000

Seeking Sister Wive = 463,000

So MBFFL is relatively & comparatively  "safe" in terms of cable ratings, which are so much lower than ratings for network shows.

Edited by Dot
Didn't realize Seeking S W & S W are 2 dif shows
  • Love 3
On 1/18/2019 at 12:36 PM, afishcalledwanda said:

I've noticed everyone around Whitney keeps getting bigger and bigger EXCEPT the two gay men.  Buddy: check.  Ashley: check.  Heather: even she has started to gain weight.  Babs: check.   Spending inordinate amounts of time with a food addict is bad for everyone.  Whitney constantly has food at her disposal and is in a feeding frenzy at all times.  Even now that the story line is about her new healthy eating habits there ALWAYS has to be food...if she's at a friend's she is eating apple and cheese; or veggies and dip NOTHING happens for her unless it is food centric.  I don't care if it is now "healthier" food:  Too much healthy food still equals weight gain and you could become obese eating "good" foods particularly drenched in dressing/dip - cheese is very high calorie.  Bad eating habits can rub off on other people; also if you are much smaller by comparison probably easy to justify a few or a lot of extra pounds.  Twitney is just a toxic, toxic person and I would have shunted her out of my life within 3 seconds.  There doesn't seem to be an adult among the whole "cast" and I include Babs and Daddy because if you are THAT involved in a 35 year old child's life you are co-dependent and have failed as a parent.  What close to middle aged woman needs her Dad to figure out how much an RV rental costs?  What is she doing with any money from the show?  Last episode she said she was going to "put a pin in it" once she found out egg harvesting cost $12,500.  Most important thing for egg harvesting is age of eggs (ie. age of woman from whom eggs are harvested).  If she actually wanted a child she would be moving on that egg harvesting yesterday.  OMG there is just SO much to hate about her.  

remember when she called donna to come home to dish about avigate. heather comes in and asks what is wrong donna says in an exasperated tone I don't know now donna is bye bye.  Donna at her limit of the attention seeking.

glenn comming over with toilet paper and paper towels,  so weird.  what?   Comming over to adult kid house with that stuff. they have the weirdest relationship,  the parents still treat her like a kid so she acts like a kid what do u think is going to happen. incentives for a grownup. I thought that was fake for tlc, but not so sure....

• Love 3
19 hours ago, Colleenna said:

She's consuming at least 2,000 calories a day in those sugar and fat laden Starbucks drinks. If she dropped THOSE she'd lose 2 pounds a week. 

I am not an expert on nutrition( still learning),  so please help me but could she just get a plain latte with milk for breakfast and it would be basically an on the run bulletproof coffee.  it would be a small change with a huge payoff.  but I like my stuff black not liquid candy bars in a big gulp that cost the same amount as a lb of organic coffee....

• Love 2
On 1/18/2019 at 1:15 PM, TurtlePower said:

Yup! If she thinks it's a struggle now, she's going to be sorely disappointed as she gets older. I'm in a similar situation, my metabolism has slowed, so my diet/training regimens had to be adjusted. It's work, but I'd rather be as fit as I can be versus make excuses.

She claims her alleged "eating disorder" makes it too triggering for her to lose weight and that it makes her miserable--well I ask, which is worse? Not being able to walk up and down stairs because her feet are about to break, or being able to walk up steps with ease? Becoming bedridden, or following a healthy diet and not becoming bedridden? Simply rolling an ankle, or breaking it because there's 300+ lb of pressure on it? Look at those 600 lb life people, some of them did wind up injured and got even fatter and more immobile. That's going to be her future unless she takes an honest look at her situation. 

a lot of people I know gain weight at 30 too. guys too for some reason,  I have no idea why either.  I lost weight years ago getting of hormonal birth control and certain antidepressants that caused me to gain a lot.  but lost more just healthy lifestyle,  it's both things. but you don't lose weight with denial. ...

• Love 1
On 1/17/2019 at 1:00 PM, Ketzel said:

I have no understanding or opinion of Heather's relationship with Buddy, but I haven't seen Heather make any attempts to rescue Whitney from her junk food addiction, or her addiction to being the center of attention. Whitney seems to be the dominant/controlling one in their relationship, just as she is with her parents, Tal, Buddy, Ashley, Hunter (when he's around) her producers, and even Todd and her cats. (Although Todd sometimes strikes back, she tends to respond by seeming shocked, then ignoring it, then insisting on getting her own way, at which point he caves.)  You can even watch her in action this season when you see her with Jessica. Jessica attempts to assert herself in her role as trainer, but ends up weighing Whitney at her demand, even though she thinks it's a bad idea, agreeing to be in Whitney's exhibitionistic little videos, even though (as Whitney gloats) Jessica "hates' to do that sort of thing, and being subjected to the embarrassment of having Whitney film Jessica's boyfriend with close-ups of his butt as he works out, which Whitney then posts with the comment that Jessica is going to be so mad when she sees this!

why would someone take a butt shot of someone  else's bf. I would literally be scared to death of being slapped into next week if I had done this at 12 years old. slapped by the girl but I would be more afraid of my mom. she has never been taught proper behaviour ever.  

• Love 6
41 minutes ago, Kentuckydaisy said:

I am not an expert on nutrition( still learning),  so please help me but could she just get a plain latte with milk for breakfast and it would be basically an on the run bulletproof coffee.  it would be a small change with a huge payoff.  but I like my stuff black not liquid candy bars in a big gulp that cost the same amount as a lb of organic coffee....

You can find out what's in various Starbucks coffee drinks at https://delishably.com/dining-out/Whats-a-Latte-Your-Guide-to-Different-Starbucks-Drinks

If Whitney is drinking a plain latte, I think you're right--it would essentially be coffee with milk and shouldn't be a problem unless she's drinking them all day long, and even then it would be only milk calories.  I wish we knew for certain what she is drinking, though; the article I cited mentioned that a lot of people have vanilla syrup or caramel sauce added to the coffee, and that would be a problem.  She would not only be getting the extra sugar calories but also maintaining a high blood sugar level because it looks like she drinks them all day long--and they are *big* drinks. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Mothra said:

I wish we knew for certain what she is drinking

Twit has told her fans she drinks frappaccinos grande with extra heavy cream & whipped cream several times a day.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, Kentuckydaisy said:

glenn comming over with toilet paper and paper towels,  so weird.  what?   Comming over to adult kid house with that stuff. they have the weirdest relationship,  the parents still treat her like a kid so she acts like a kid what do u think is going to happen. incentives for a grownup. I thought that was fake for tlc, but not so sure....

My son lives across the street from me. I buy paper products 6 months at a time and give him some. I don't think that's treating him like a kid. Treating him like a kid would be paying his mortgage. Giving him some toilet tissue is just being nice.

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, aliya said:

My son lives across the street from me. I buy paper products 6 months at a time and give him some. I don't think that's treating him like a kid. Treating him like a kid would be paying his mortgage. Giving him some toilet tissue is just being nice.

When hubby and I went on vacation we asked my mom and dad to take care of our cat. We came home to a home with new dish towels, dish soap,  a new broom and paper towels. We have a very clean home but they figured we would not want to shop right when we got back from vacation and we were low on these items and they dropped a glass and hated our broom....I will always be their baby, I guess that is just how it works :)

Edited by sainte-chapelle
  • Love 14
10 hours ago, Dot said:

Here's the viewership record for TLC shows last week, Mon-Thu:

Dr P P = 2,839,000

M600#L = 1,300,000

MBFFL = 946,000

Fam by Ton = 822,00

Glad to see that my 2 favorites are at the top.
Say what you will about Dr.PP, but she helps people who are or who feel disfigured, and their doctors brush them off with "it's no big deal," or it's cosmetic, and not covered by insurance.

• Love 3
14 hours ago, Mothra said:

You can find out what's in various Starbucks coffee drinks at https://delishably.com/dining-out/Whats-a-Latte-Your-Guide-to-Different-Starbucks-Drinks

If Whitney is drinking a plain latte, I think you're right--it would essentially be coffee with milk and shouldn't be a problem unless she's drinking them all day long, and even then it would be only milk calories.  I wish we knew for certain what she is drinking, though; the article I cited mentioned that a lot of people have vanilla syrup or caramel sauce added to the coffee, and that would be a problem.  She would not only be getting the extra sugar calories but also maintaining a high blood sugar level because it looks like she drinks them all day long--and they are *big* drinks. 

Responding to myself, I found a list of calorie content in all Starbucks drinks, bottled and brewed.  Of course, plain coffee and tea have zero calories, but we know that's not what is in those creamy-looking beverages Whitney consumes.  I was surprised to learn that a 16 oz. "coffee misto" which I think is coffee with steamed milk--the lowest calorie coffee with milk I could find--is 110 calories, and 16 oz. iced coffee with milk is 120 calories.  For comparison, a 12-oz can of Coke is 140 calories.  If she's drinking lattes/frappuchinos, calories in those range up to the mid-400s.  Here is the complete list:  https://www.thespruceeats.com/starbucks-calories-766066

• Love 1
13 hours ago, Dot said:

Twit has told her fans she drinks frappaccinos grande with extra heavy cream & whipped cream several times a day.

Let's be generous and define "several" as "four." That means Whitney Thore has a $20/day frappuccino habit. That's $600 a month. That's probably MORE THAN BUDDY'S RENT. She is literally (indirectly) throwing her money down the toilet.

• Love 4

Well, on the Starbucks app it shows calories, so I "ordered" one of Twitney's drinks to see calorie count.  A grande coffee frappucino with heavy cream is 240 calories.  I have no idea if she's getting any syrups added.  Now, a grande is a medium....I think she's actually getting a large/venti.  (I've seen pics of her with a venti cup for hot drinks.)  That's 350 calories per cup.  So 1400 calories A DAY from coffee if it's 4 a day.  All the salad in the world won't help that.

By comparison, I get a venti skinny latte once a week.  It's 160 calories, mostly from the milk.  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Mothra said:

Responding to myself, I found a list of calorie content in all Starbucks drinks, bottled and brewed.  Of course, plain coffee and tea have zero calories, but we know that's not what is in those creamy-looking beverages Whitney consumes.  I was surprised to learn that a 16 oz. "coffee misto" which I think is coffee with steamed milk--the lowest calorie coffee with milk I could find--is 110 calories, and 16 oz. iced coffee with milk is 120 calories.  For comparison, a 12-oz can of Coke is 140 calories.  If she's drinking lattes/frappuchinos, calories in those range up to the mid-400s.  Here is the complete list:  https://www.thespruceeats.com/starbucks-calories-766066

Grande frappacinos.... wth heavy cream and whipped cream, about 550 calories. Times 4 = 2200 calories a day. 

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, kattybiz said:

Well, on the Starbucks app it shows calories, so I "ordered" one of Twitney's drinks to see calorie count.  A grande coffee frappucino with heavy cream is 240 calories.  I have no idea if she's getting any syrups added.

I can totally guarantee she is getting syrups. She would never do anything "unflavored." Also I don't know where you got 240 cal but I just went to the Starbucks website and looked at the whole milk calculations (they don't even have heavy cream as an option for nutrition, that's how nasty that is), and the lowest cal option is 340 (most are 400-500). She is definitely getting whipped cream on top, and the thing is made with heavy cream and all kinds of sugar syrups. It sounds DISGUSTING to me. I cannot imagine the crash you'd get after that.

• Love 7
32 minutes ago, ClareWalks said:

Let's be generous and define "several" as "four." That means Whitney Thore has a $20/day frappuccino habit. That's $600 a month. That's probably MORE THAN BUDDY'S RENT. She is literally (indirectly) throwing her money down the toilet.

11 minutes ago, Colleenna said:

Grande frappacinos.... wth heavy cream and whipped cream, about 550 calories. Times 4 = 2200 calories a day. 

Even super conservatively, if she has 2 a day that’s $300 a month and 1100 calories a day. Just crazy.  Unless she isn’t really eating anything else (HA HA - I know) she is never going to lose weight with that kind of habit.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, ClareWalks said:

Taking my horrifying realization about her frappuccinos to the Whitney thread...

I only drink the regular coffee from Starbucks and put my almond milk creamer with no sugar in it. Those drinks arw expensive and sugar fat bombs 

• Love 2
On 1/15/2019 at 8:22 PM, Kentuckydaisy said:

it's basically this show turned into a halfway house full of addicts exploited for tlc a la big brother or the real world, we tune in an watch them self de structure  every Tuesday at 8. it's like if dr phil rounded up people from 5 different show topic on addiction or dysfunction threw them in a house left them to their own devices and said let's see who replases first and let's call it's entertainment.  welcome to the American mental health care system.  here's an aa book, some oprah reruns and a tony robbins cd. go.  

oh and in 10 years let's see how fucked up heather kids are.  I am calling it now. they are not paying her enough for their therapy, same as with sister wives kids.  

Yeah but Big Brother isn't a house full of addicts.  I honestly can't think of one.

And I rag on The Browns (Sister Wives) themselves often, but I'd say most of their kids are good kids.  The adults can go to hell, but with the exception of maybe Mariah, their kids are pretty well adjusted.

But that's neither here or there when it comes to Big Whit.

• Love 2
On 1/20/2019 at 9:04 AM, Mothra said:

Yeah.  As much as I love me some Starbucks specialty drinks, I stick with their plain coffee, with a splash of almond milk and some Truvia.  (It's behind the counter, they'll add it, if you ask in my area.) However, once or twice a year, I'll indulge with something more, like a mocha latte. OMG, I love it.  Even with no sugar added flavors, it's a lot of calories for a beverage, imo.  To me, drinking my calories is waste, unless, it's a nice fine, glass of wine. lol 

• Love 4

Can someone please explain why they don't go on tour in a regular car and just stay in hotels? A RV is a lot of work, you have to hook it up, dump the contents of the toilet, get to the RV park, etc. The RV park is sometimes off the beaten path while the hotel is right off the highway exit. Usually you have to tow a car because you can't take the whole RV with you to a grocery store. Also while driving you can't hang out in the back part cause you have to sit still, you can also get motion sickness more easily than in a car. You have to secure the cabinets before you leave the camping area so the stuff doesn't fly out.  I know people enjoy it, but those people know what they are doing and own it.  It also uses a helluva lot of gas so is not economical if they don't out it outright. They are renting it right? Plus driving it is hard! I guess the show came up with this? Cause it is really dumb. 

• Love 12

I suspect the RV idea is for amusement, entertainment value and the show, but, also, hotel rooms are VERY pricey.  Even low budget places are expensive.  I can't imagine they'd have the money for that, UNLESS TLC pays, but, I doubt they would have the budget for that.  Just guessing.  Perhaps, someone who has done some comparison  shopping of the RV vs. hotel rooms will chime in.

Edited by SunnyBeBe
1 hour ago, calpurnia99 said:

Can someone please explain why they don't go on tour in a regular car and just stay in hotels? . . .

I guess the show came up with this? Cause it is really dumb. 

In S-1 & S-2 (which were filmed in one yr & composed of half-hr episodes), PMG (MBFFL prod. co.) exhausted every possible interesting & fabulous thing that could be recorded about a morbidly obese, unemployed, narcissistic 30-something living with her parents in Greensboro, NC. Since then the story arcs have become more & more implausible, ridiculous & often repetitive, to the point by now, S-6, even her most ardent fans are becoming bored with the tedium laced with occasional improbabilities.

• Love 7

Are we going to have to hear about that “kiss” for the whole season?!?! For fuck sake it was a brief peck on the lips! 12 yr old girls are more mature than this cow! I just know she’ll “accidentally” tell Heather about it now that Buddy being back in town is no longer top secret. 

• Love 8

She was ineligible to adopt a Korean child because she is too fat.

Among other reasons.

Ok - Heather. Let me get this straight. She walks into Whitney's house - uninvited, without ringing the bell or knocking on the door. Then she's upset Buddy is there and tells Whitney that Buddy can't stay there - he needs to leave? Really? Regardless of who is the closer friend, Heather has no right to tell another adult who she can or cannot host in her home. Seriously. What is wrong with these people?

• Love 10
5 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I suspect the RV idea is for amusement, entertainment value and the show, but, also, hotel rooms are VERY pricey.  Even low budget places are expensive.  I can't imagine they'd have the money for that, UNLESS TLC pays, but, I doubt they would have the budget for that.  Just guessing.  Perhaps, someone who has done some comparison  shopping of the RV vs. hotel rooms will chime in.

You can't smoke on planes or in rental cars, and many hotels now are totally non-smoking. I see the RV thing as Shitneys way of eating and smoking whenever she wants....

• Love 4
27 minutes ago, Colleenna said:

You can't smoke on planes or in rental cars, and many hotels now are totally non-smoking. I see the RV thing as Shitneys way of eating and smoking whenever she wants....

If they're renting the RV, she likely can't smoke in it either.  And it's expensive just to rent one and pay for the gas.  We find hotels to be more cost- and labor-efficient for us.  We don't like all the set-up and breakdown necessary to get into an RV park, as well as the expectation we'd actually cook and eat in the RV.  That doesn't sound like a vacation to me, but we have friends who love their bus-sized RV.

• Love 6
13 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

If they're renting the RV, she likely can't smoke in it either.  And it's expensive just to rent one and pay for the gas.  We find hotels to be more cost- and labor-efficient for us.  We don't like all the set-up and breakdown necessary to get into an RV park, as well as the expectation we'd actually cook and eat in the RV.  That doesn't sound like a vacation to me, but we have friends who love their bus-sized RV.

Oh, I'm sure they're not COOKING. Probably going to fast food joints and sending The Poodle inside to get the food, which they then snarf down while rolling (a la Dr. Now patients....) Whitney probably orders pizza ahead of time so they can just run in and get it.... "Hello, Pizza Trough, I'd like to order 6 extra large pizzas. Four supremes and two pepperoni. What's that, Todd? Oh, yeah, one personal size veggie lover. No, we'll pick them up."

• Love 7
On 1/19/2019 at 11:15 PM, aliya said:

Where do you find 6 months worth of paper products i want in on that magic.  Do u extreme coupon.  I thought that show put a stop to a lot of that. I think my impression was that she seemed not really  appreciative and acted like every time she was running low on stuff he was like her delivery service, either that or he is just tired of comming over and using kleenex in the bathroom bc someone  is too lazy to shop....

• Love 2
4 hours ago, AZChristian said:

Think about it, they would have to pay for 2 tickets for whitney and 2 for buddy and 1 for todd... there would also be less drama.  This is why the fittness Marshall fizzelled out, the shitty  hotel bed....

10 hours ago, calpurnia99 said:

Can someone please explain why they don't go on tour in a regular car and just stay in hotels? A RV is a lot of work, you have to hook it up, dump the contents of the toilet, get to the RV park, etc. The RV park is sometimes off the beaten path while the hotel is right off the highway exit. Usually you have to tow a car because you can't take the whole RV with you to a grocery store. Also while driving you can't hang out in the back part cause you have to sit still, you can also get motion sickness more easily than in a car. You have to secure the cabinets before you leave the camping area so the stuff doesn't fly out.  I know people enjoy it, but those people know what they are doing and own it.  It also uses a helluva lot of gas so is not economical if they don't out it outright. They are renting it right? Plus driving it is hard! I guess the show came up with this? Cause it is really dumb. 

Oh after last weeks dinner and the grocery store meetup, whitney knows little of grocery stores.... more like what is the clearence on this thing for McDonalds

• Love 3
15 hours ago, Colleenna said:

Oh, I'm sure they're not COOKING. Probably going to fast food joints and sending The Poodle inside to get the food, which they then snarf down while rolling (a la Dr. Now patients....) Whitney probably orders pizza ahead of time so they can just run in and get it.... "Hello, Pizza Trough, I'd like to order 6 extra large pizzas. Four supremes and two pepperoni. What's that, Todd? Oh, yeah, one personal size veggie lover. No, we'll pick them up."

Glad I am wearing water proof mascara. LOL!!!!!

• Love 1
18 hours ago, Kentuckydaisy said:

Where do you find 6 months worth of paper products i want in on that magic.  Do u extreme coupon.  I thought that show put a stop to a lot of that. I think my impression was that she seemed not really  appreciative and acted like every time she was running low on stuff he was like her delivery service, either that or he is just tired of comming over and using kleenex in the bathroom bc someone  is too lazy to shop....

I do walmart.com. It comes to my door. They sell toilet tissue in a 12 pack. Walmart prices are generally so low, even if I buy a brand name like Scott, that I'm OK with the money. I'm not trying to buy a bunch of stuff for $5 like the extreme couponers. I also use ebates, which helps. I'm LDS and we are supposed to do 'provident living,' part of which means preparing for the future. I'm pretty sure I'm always gonna need toilet tissue, paper towels, and kleenex. No sense in running out.

• Love 3
On ‎1‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 10:41 AM, Nicmar said:

People on crack get strung out and thin. People snorting cocaine get puffy - usually from drinking copious amounts of alcohol to manage the buzz  I was in my twenties in the 80's and saw a TON of that. 

• Love 3