Type keyword(s) to search

Mama June: From Not To Hot: Seasons 1-6

• Start Topic

Wait, Jessica is a 'model'? Like an OnlyFans-type model? And Alana suggests she become a stripper? Jessica looks like she gained almost all the weight back that she lost, and Alana looks like a barrel.

Josh and Pumpkin do make cute babies. I agree that I'd rather watch them than June.

• Like 1
  • Love 7

June should be canceled for sure. 🤨

Pumpkin has turned into a relatively decent person, no thanks to June.  She's had a tough row to hoe, but she's in there swinging.  I'm rooting for her and her little family.  🙏

• Like 1
  • Love 11
(edited)

Lots of BSOJs for one episode...

It looks like they're playing fast and loose with the timeline because Pumpkin didn't look nearly two weeks away from delivery when they were at the courthouse in Alabama.  Does anybody have the dates for the court date and Bentley's birth.  Meanwhile, Bentley, really?  I can't get the image of Paul Benedict from The Jeffersons out of my head.

For a show that's talking about drugs, abuse, etc. etc. their censorship rules certainly seem wacky.  When she was in the car talking to June, Pumpkin had a lighter in her hand that they blurred out.  Was it just because of the visual of her smoking while being pregnant that did it, or have we really gone that far that children can watch all of this seamy reality but heaven forbid they be scarred by seeing a lighter???

I would not be surprised.  I was watching a doc on Brady and Hindley (the Moors murderers) a month or so ago and there was actually a warning about people smoking.  Yep, all of the gory details, along with photos, that accompany a story about child murderers, but it was the archival footage of a cop smoking a cigarette that we had to be warned about,

Edited by Sile
Bentley the neighbor wasn't on Good Times....movin' on up!
  • LOL 3
  • Love 6
On 5/14/2022 at 9:23 AM, sempervivum said:

Wait, Jessica is a 'model'? Like an OnlyFans-type model? And Alana suggests she become a stripper? .

I am confused about Jessica. I thought she graduated college and I thought it was nursing? This whole sleeping on the couch story I don't buy. That home has a finished daylight basement , there is not a room for Jessica down stairs? Or that alcove with the pool table? Turn it into her area like we have seen on other sitcoms like full house or one day at a time (reboot).  Is this really their home or just a rental? Production must love the long driveway and privacy so they can film with a full crew and not have any neighbors complain. 

20 hours ago, newyawk said:

I'm still waiting for a way to catch the episode. I can't get it on demand until the 20th, meh. 

It is all over youtube for free. Make sure you watch before next friday. Episodes seem to come down when a new one goes up. 

18 hours ago, Sile said:

Lots of BSOJs for one episode...

It looks like they're playing fast and loose with the timeline because Pumpkin didn't look nearly two weeks away from delivery when they were at the courthouse in Alabama.  Does anybody have the dates for the court date and Bentley's birth.  Meanwhile, Bentley, really?  

I dislike when they fiddle with timelines. I watch closely after they filmed a reality show near me and I know they messed with the timeline. I knew something was off when Alana  was complaining about homework and school and Bentley was born. He was born in mid July. Unless Alana was in summer school, what homework would she have? As for Gino, that was that really a hearing? His sentence was given in early August but that filming was just them saying the program he wanted was not ready ? 

I did think the moment Ella met Bently was cute and probably one of the few unscripted parts. She seemed so excited, the baby poops and Josh lays down tired. That is pretty normal life. 

I just hope Pumpkin is getting the life she wants right now. I remember an old interview where she said she just wanted to be normal, no TV and work a normal job. I wonder what they did to sweeten the pot and have her come back? I wonder if that is their home or just a filming location. I hope it is their home just for the sake of the kids to have stability. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 5/17/2022 at 7:47 AM, Rebky said:

She looks like one of those balloon figures - is that her body swelling or what

Just heredity, I think- her sister Doe Doe has the same Pillsbury doughboy thing going on. I think June still had those weird puffy arms and legs even when she was at her lowest weight, so it's not just fat.

• Love 6

I found myself smiling a few times when that little baby was born. True happiness shown from each of the family members. And I’m not a newborn fan by any means, but Bentley is one adorable baby. 

• Love 5
On 5/14/2022 at 8:58 AM, Kathy said:

Mama June's sister kind of weirds me out.  She is always smiling even at the most inappropriate moments.

I don't trust Doe Doe, she knows what June is like and I don't buy her innocent act pretending she didn't know what June was up to and that she was on drugs.

• Love 4
On 5/16/2022 at 3:45 PM, silverspoons said:

It is all over youtube for free. Make sure you watch before next friday. Episodes seem to come down when a new one goes up. 

Thanks, but I looked last night and all I could find were things with junk links. I looked on dailymotion too.

I watched, and it was a struggle to stick with it to the end. 

June tried to drum up some drama by suggesting that Geno would get violent when she finally dumped him, but turns out, he wasn't even surprised- much less infuriated😆 Even the producer interviewing her seemed to be bored by the whole thing.

The most interesting part was at the beginning, when it appeared that Pumpkin has shaved the back of her head for some reason. I laughed when Jessica agreed to move in with June to become her 'seeing eye dog'. Also June calling Alana 'skinny mini'- huh?

I guess we're supposed to be interested in finding out what new loser June is preparing to latch herself onto, but since it's been on SM for months, maybe not.

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
(edited)

I let it run while I was making lunch.  I heard a LOT of I, I, I and me, me, me out of June.  She seemed like she doing quite a bit of lying and her daughters weren't buying it.  There at the end she sounds like she's found the next guy and is ready to run off again.  She isn't going to change and Pumpkin needs her out of the house and to go low contact.

Edited by Absolom
  • Love 5

I'm wondering if the attempt at renewed contact, and claiming June's going for custody is because of Alana's trust fund?    Or if in a couple of years, Alana will probably have access to her own money, or can earn without the money being protected from June?  

• Love 3

Ok, I absolutely cannot STAND June but I still find myself looking forward to each episode. I've watched this from the very beginning and she's just as bad as she was then, just in a different way. I know it's for the show, but I so wish Pumpkin & Josh would tell her NO! that she can't move in with them. She's so entitled and think the world revolves around her. It doesn't.

I agree with those who are proud of how far Pumpkin (especially) has come. She seems to really have her head on straight and I wholeheartedly believe she and Josh are good for each other. Remember when she was a young teen and got struck by lightening? And hit her head really hard in a car crash? She's derfinitely had some physical challenges. She also came out as bisexual but seems to have chosen her preference with Josh. She's doing a good job raising her children, too. I like Josh a lot. Wonder what he does for work. Anybody know?

Can't say much about Jessica because I think her whole story is just made up for the show. She's not stupid and with EVERYBODY hiring these days, she could get a job with no problem. We never knew for sure if she went to nursing school and may not have really happened. If she did and graduated, she'd be working as there's a nursing shortage. So in my opinion, she's back on the show just to get a paycheck. Can't blame her. I'm not body shaming, but she seems to get heavier with each episode. She's really big.

Alana seems happy and has definitely matured. I'm glad. She used to be such a major brat. She's probably come the furthest of everybody. Good for her. I noticed her telling Jessican not to throw the clothes on the floor from the laundry basket ... now that in itself is a major improvement.

I'm thrilled that Jennifer is no longer in the picture., and wonder if we'll see Sugar Bear. Fine with me if we don't.

June is dating that fugly would-be rapper that we've seen all over TMZ. Doesn't she get that these guys are flucking her just for the money? They hope they'll get air time and a paycheck. Nobody (ok, there are obviously exceptions) could be attracted to her in any way ... not physically, intellectually, or any other way. Except monetarily.

I'll bet she's nasty when it comes to sex. I mean NASTY. Eeeeewwww.....

The kids are really cute.

That's all for now.

• Love 8
6 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I'm wondering if the attempt at renewed contact, and claiming June's going for custody is because of Alana's trust fund? 

I think it's the only 'plot' they could come up with.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, slasherboy said:

Just saw on Alana's Instagram page that she's been accepted into the Georgia Military College Dual Enrollment Program for 2022.

She wants to be a neonatal nurse.

So there's that .....

I hope she follows through with it and she can build a nice normal life despite her parents. If she stays in show business I don't think she will rise above the type of jobs like this reality show that exploits/embarrasses her.

• Like 2
  • Love 5
(edited)

Alana actually looks better without the lashes and makeup. 

Josh continues to be the gold standard of standards on this show.

June continues to be the least selfaware person in all of reality tv.

I am happy to have a Jennifug/Sugar Toothless -free episode.

Pumpkin is doing a stellar job, as always, for someone who shouldn't be in the position she had thrust upon her at her age. I'd like to see an episode where she and her family get to take a real vacation, without June. 

I cannot get the Sam Kinison comparison out of my head whenever I see Jessica onscreen. It isn't just the weight, it's something in her face.

Edited by newyawk
  • Like 1
  • Love 6

Do they have a voiceover for Ella or else she speaks amazing for  a little girl.

June looks strung out and back on drugs, are we supposed to believe she's off drugs. I don't believe anything she's saying about Gino forcing her to do drugs and everything else. She's a grown ass woman and not a meek or quiet one either, she made her choices.

Jennifer and Sugar Bear are divorced supposedly because he was cheating with another woman.  I thought it was she caught him giving BJ's at rest areas and truckstops again.

• Love 6

I always wondered how many of those ridiculous “Mama June’s Southern Treats” subscription boxes they sold.  I think that was the brainchild of that gritty dumbass agent of hers and after looking at the contents of one of them on air no one would have signed up.  

• Love 5
On 5/23/2022 at 5:36 PM, slasherboy said:

Just saw on Alana's Instagram page that she's been accepted into the Georgia Military College Dual Enrollment Program for 2022.

She wants to be a neonatal nurse.

So there's that .....

I hope this is the right choice for her. I want to Alana reach whatever her dream job is but iA feel like it is going to take her a lot of work and need a lot of outside support to do so. I saw this is a high school combined with a junior college. It has a 100% acceptance rate to get in but has a 37% graduation rate and nursing is even lower. Nursing pre-reqs can be hard and I just hope she is picking a place that will give her lots of academic support (since I kind of doubt anyone at home can help with advanced science or math classes, did Pumpkin or Josh graduate from high school?).  The first two years can be done online. I understand she is recognizable but I would be so happy to hear she was living in a dorm , having a normal college experience and in person program with science labs and internships. 

It is sad to me that June's hope when starting the show was for the girls to go to college and have solid futures. Anna sells used cars, Jessica went to college (and there is a pictire of her graduating, not sure the major?) and now she is doing social media and the show and being managed by Gina, Pumpkin did not finish high school, and now we can only hope Alana does not get side tracked with her boyfriend or enticed by some fast money option. 

• Love 5

Sugar Bear has a new squeeze and there is plenty of her for squeezin'. There's a story with pictures on radaronline but I could not copy the link. The story says sugar bear is going to get a complete makeover. That I want to see!

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
On 5/27/2022 at 9:19 PM, LEILANI2 said:

I thought it was she (Jennifer) caught him (Sugar Bear) giving BJ's at rest areas and truckstops again.

He is so gross, both he and June are and that's why they only get losers for romantic partners because nobody decent would want to be with them.

• Love 2
(edited)

If it's like other secret weddings on this or any other 'reality' show, it was probably filmed.   I'm wondering if it was legal?   Or like the fake one filmed for the show with SugarBear, which was not legal. 

https://www.the-sun.com/entertainment/4841789/mama-june-boyfriend-arrested-child-support-mugshot/  

Do they really send four police cars to arrest someone for owing child support?    I'm guessing the probation violation is the more interesting charge.   So, he was arrested for using GHB, burglary, and flunked out of drug rehab.   Another winner for June.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4

I really hope Pumpkin and Squash have thought this through, 4 kids 4 and under and 3 babies under the age of 1. And a 16 year old.

Now they'll have to continue with this show to keep up their lifestyle, which is a no way extravagant, but just feeding that crew must be expensive.

I wish them the best.

Mama June is a complete and total idiot and I don't have to elaborate for anyone who watches the show. This marriage is definitely a good idea. I'm so glad the judge saw that she is an unfit mother and gave permanent custody to Pumpkin.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
On 5/31/2022 at 1:22 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

If it's like other secret weddings on this or any other 'reality' show, it was probably filmed.   I'm wondering if it was legal?   Or like the fake one filmed for the show with SugarBear, which was not legal. 

https://www.the-sun.com/entertainment/4841789/mama-june-boyfriend-arrested-child-support-mugshot/  

Do they really send four police cars to arrest someone for owing child support?    I'm guessing the probation violation is the more interesting charge.   So, he was arrested for using GHB, burglary, and flunked out of drug rehab.   Another winner for June.   

34???  In meth years, maybe....

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
On 5/27/2022 at 9:19 PM, LEILANI2 said:

June looks strung out and back on drugs, are we supposed to believe she's off drugs.

I don't think she's back on them. For one, they cost $$$ and June was, I think "doing things" once she went broke to earn her drugs. I don't think she wants to go back to that. She lost her livelihood (the show) and her family because of them and her having them back at all is on a tenuous, highly conditional basis.  Her demeanor on camera is more lucid and less histrionic/catatonic than what it was, though Geno being out of the picture could also have something to do with that.

Glad Alana gets to stay where she belongs, with Pumpkin and Josh.

• Love 4
On 6/2/2022 at 6:33 AM, merylinkid said:

Best thing that could happen to the kid.   Not that they will see a DIME of child support from her (can June's checks from the show be sent straight to Pumpkin?) but at least it is there on paper.

June's checks from. the show can be garnished for the child support payments.  The state then sends the money to Pumpkin.  I am happy for everyone involved that June was not awarded custody.  That would have been a disaster. 

As to June's new beau, my initial thoughts are always she picks such losers.  Then I consider who she is and end up at birds of a feather. Is there anything about her that is appealing?  She is a horrible person. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
(edited)

June's roots are bugging tf out of me. I want to stick her whole head in a bucket of peroxide or black dye, her choice, and hold it there for 15 to 20 minutes.

That's right, June, "Mother of Excuses," Pumpkin IS Mother Of The Year. She HAS to be, thanks to you.

I have to hand it to Gina that she's still able, at this point, to pull together ANY gigs for June. 

Pumpkin and Josh really have a nice home, rented or not. I'm glad they were able to find something so nice.

Edited by newyawk
  • Love 6

The girls are so forgiving of her, if it was me I would have written her off a long time ago.  They could have a show without her, I'd love to see the sister DooDoo get her teeth fixed and see how Alan turns out.

Gina must have dirt on everyone in Hollywood to be able to get any bookings for Mama June.

• Love 5

June is awful, I don't know how those girls keep forgving her and giving her chances.

Well at least she didn't take Honey Boo Boo with her to be molested or abused.

They need to cut her off and be done with her, she clearly cares more about having any man then caring for her kids.

• Sad 1
  • Love 5

June is awful.  She just dumped Alana at the airport to go be with her latest male friend.  She lies front, right, and center.  The lie she tells herself that she's off to help someone instead of handling her responsibilities to her family.  ::smh::

• Sad 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 5

I have never watched the Masked Singer. Do they need to be able to sing, or is it just about guessing who they are? Don't remember ever hearing Alana sing, unless when she was really young?

I wonder how many people found out in advance about June and Alana being on the Masked Singer because of June's inability to stay off social media or keep a secret, and voted them off accordingly on the first show? LOL

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Carolina Girl said:

Who the hell sends a 15-year-old off alone with a stranger from an airport.  
Road to Redemption????  Bullshit. Cut this heifer loose and make her earn a real living.  

June tried to validate that by saying she was a mother of two by the age of 16 so Alana should be able to get home by herself ok. I wanted to punch her in the throat so badly.

• Like 1
  • Applause 6
  • Love 3
(edited)

I've never had quite as much disdain for MJ as most, but this week finally convinced me she really does completely suck as a parent. Why wasn't I totally convinced during all that nonsense with Geno? I guess because she was addicted and I knew she had better moments prior to that. But this week her complete indifference to Alana while texting some rando and arrogantly proclaiming she was "saving" him finally made me see the complete light. Some road to redemption.

Edited by renatae
  • Love 5