Type keyword(s) to search

The Marvel Cinematic Universe: The Avengers, etc.

vb68
  • Start Topic

19 hours ago, Dandesun said:

I could write a fucking thesis on what they -- and by they I mean ANYONE who has tried to retell this story -- miss about the original. What Claremont wanted at the start, which was to develop a way for his characters to retire and move on with their lives, would have allowed Jean and Scott to retire from X-life and that's what he tried to do with Scott and Madelyne.

And no version of Phoenix is ever going to be honest about the gaslighting and assault on Jean by Wyngarde/Mastermind with Emma's assistance. So... yeah. I mean, Charles has a long history of being a jerk and being problematic in his own right but what Mastermind did and how Jean reacted is the real story they'll never actually tell. Speaking of... Mastermind? Not a sympathetic villain. His two daughters? Also not really BUT they are at least bizarrely entertaining in the dumbest way possible. (The Cerebro podcast about them is so funny...)

ANYWAY... the point is that the X-books are a blooming field of anti-heroes and sympathetic villains. (As well as asshole villains and jerky heroes. Like anything else.) So we'll see what happens there.

And I don't mind having heroes doing questionable things. It's an ugly world out there and there is rarely a perfect answer to anything. They're trying though. They're trying.

Whenever I read Chris Claremont wanted to give Scott a happy life away from the X-Men and send him off with Madelyn Pryor I think "Well couldn't you have had him finally be able to control his optic blasts so he doesn't have to wear ruby quartz glasses and visors anymore?" I just think he didn't want to keep write the character! Probably the same reason for sending Professor X into space with Lilandra. At least he got to walk again!

Edited by Fool to cry

'BLACK PANTHER: WAKANDA FOREVER' LEADS FANDANGO'S FAN SURVEY ON MOST ANTICIPATED 2022 BLOCKBUSTERS
FANDANGO STAFF     DECEMBER 27TH 2021
https://www.fandango.com/movie-news/black-panther-wakanda-forever-leads-fandangos-fan-survey-on-most-anticipated-2022-blockbusters-754480 

What blockbuster do you most anticipate seeing on the big screen in the coming year? Recently, we surveyed more than 6,000 moviegoers to find out what they are anticipating the most in 2022. They told us that Black Panther: Wakanda Forever, Spider Man: Across the Spider-Verse (Part One), The Batman, Thor: Love and Thunder and Jurassic World: Dominion are their top five most anticipated big-screen blockbusters.
Top Ten Most Anticipated Blockbusters:

1. Black Panther: Wakanda Forever
2. Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse (Part One)
3. The Batman
4. Thor: Love and Thunder
5. Jurassic World: Dominion
6. Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness
7. Avatar 2
8. Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom
9. Top Gun: Maverick
10. Mission: Impossible 7
2022's Most Anticipated Returning Performances

1. Chris Hemsworth, Thor: Love and Thunder
2. Benedict Cumberbatch, Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness
3. Natalie Portman, Thor: Love and Thunder
4. Zoe Saldana, Avatar 2
5. Elizabeth Olsen, Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness

2022's Most Anticipated New Performances

1. Robert Pattinson, The Batman
2. Dwayne Johnson, Black Adam
3. Christian Bale, Thor: Love and Thunder
4. Issa Rae, Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse (Part One)
5. Zoë Kravitz, The Batman

FND_TopAnticipated_Movies_2022_v3.jpg

Edited by tv echo
On 12/23/2021 at 10:28 AM, Fool to cry said:

Whenever I read Chris Claremont wanted to give Scott a happy life away from the X-Men and send him off with Madelyn Pryor I think "Well couldn't you have had him finally be able to control his optic blasts so he doesn't have to wear ruby quartz glasses and visors anymore?"

In the start of the Jonathan Hickman run on the X-books, he eliminated death as a plot point for mutant kind because they had built a resurrection machine. So anyone who dies gets a clone body quick-grown to adulthood and their mind (regularly backed up by Professor X and Cerebro) gets dumped into the clone body.

But Scott still needs the visor!!!!! Original Scott only needed it because he had a head injury that kept his optic blasts firing at all times. So did the cloning process replicate this particular injury?? Definitely on the top ten of worst things Xavier’s ever done.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, arc said:

In the start of the Jonathan Hickman run on the X-books, he eliminated death as a plot point for mutant kind because they had built a resurrection machine. So anyone who dies gets a clone body quick-grown to adulthood and their mind (regularly backed up by Professor X and Cerebro) gets dumped into the clone body.

But Scott still needs the visor!!!!! Original Scott only needed it because he had a head injury that kept his optic blasts firing at all times. So did the cloning process replicate this particular injury?? Definitely on the top ten of worst things Xavier’s ever done.

Mutants who had their abilities erased have been able to come back with their powers but Scott still has the visor, Alex still wears the containment suit and Rogue went through so much shit to finally get some control it’s almost ridiculous.

At this point, Scott’s inability to control his eye beams is just part of him, I guess.

2 hours ago, Dandesun said:

Mutants who had their abilities erased have been able to come back with their powers but Scott still has the visor, Alex still wears the containment suit and Rogue went through so much shit to finally get some control it’s almost ridiculous.

At this point, Scott’s inability to control his eye beams is just part of him, I guess.

They'll never have him control it because without the visor readers wouldn't recognize him! It's his only distinguishing feature!

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Dandesun said:

Rogue went through so much shit to finally get some control it’s almost ridiculous

Does she have control? Last time I looked (Kitty wedding that turned into Gambit/Rogue) she was wearing an inhibitor necklace.

I think I heard Jube was back to being a Firecracker, not sure how that happened since she was turned into a Vampire. Sadly even then, the writers had no idea what to do with her...I mean freaking Vampire (strength, speed, healing, ability to turn to mist, etc) and they had her holding a baby 99% of the time...no, I'm not bitter😂

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Does she have control? Last time I looked (Kitty wedding that turned into Gambit/Rogue) she was wearing an inhibitor necklace.

I think I heard Jube was back to being a Firecracker, not sure how that happened since she was turned into a Vampire. Sadly even then, the writers had no idea what to do with her...I mean freaking Vampire (strength, speed, healing, ability to turn to mist, etc) and they had her holding a baby 99% of the time...no, I'm not bitter😂

Rogue and Gambit got married and in their Mr & Mrs X book she got boosted to where she didn’t even have to touch people to absorb them, just near them, and then went through some shit in Mojoverse where she finally got a handle on it. At this point she’s got enough control that she can fuck her husband on the regular without any inhibitors to help.

Jubilee is back to being a firecracker but she’s still holding a baby most of the time… unless they’re in Otherworld and that baby is a dragon. Honestly I have no idea how or when she stopped being a vampire. I love that comic books allow me to write sentences like that.

Xavier’s problematic stuff happily continues on Krakoa and is coming to a head in Inferno which is Hickman’s last story but Reign of X will continue in the shake ups about to happen. Look, Scott may never control his powers but at least he’s got active polyamory so he can be in a relationship with Jean AND Logan while presumably fucking Emma as well. He’s got that going for him these days at least. And now that they’ve brought Madeline back (Emma did that for Alex but that should get spicy too) who knows?

And since Wanda expanded the resurrection abilities of the mutants… the Krakoan Era is interesting as fuck. I particularly like that the Avengers are just really confused by so much that’s going on. And allegedly there is some new event in the woks that will be Krakoans Avengers and Eternals… hoo boy.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1

Coming out on Disney+ in January...

Jan. 12 - Eternals
Jan. 19 - Marvel Studios Assembled: The Making of Hawkeye

Next On Disney+ – January | Disney+
Disney Plus   Jan 1, 2022

Also, Disney+'s New Year's resolutions include lines from the following MCU scenes...

10  Resolve to.. Be Your Genuine Self
Thor/Frigga scene in Avengers: Endgame 
("Everyone fails at who they're supposed to be, Thor. The measure of a person, of a hero, is how well they succeed at being who they are.")

7  Resolve to... Be the Best You Can Be
Loki/Mobius scene in Loki 
("You can be whoever, whatever you want to be, even someone good.")

6  Resolve to... Keep Your Aim High
Katy/Waipo scene in Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings 
("If you aim at nothing, you hit nothing.")

Your Disney+ New Year's Resolutions | Disney+
Disney Plus   Jan 1, 2022

Edited by tv echo

Spoilers for the MCU's Disney+ series (obvs)...

Every Way the MCU Has Been Changed (So Far) by TV's WandaVision, Falcon and Winter Soldier, Loki and Hawkeye
By Matt Webb Mitovich / January 2 2022
https://tvline.com/lists/how-mcu-movies-changed-by-wandavision-falcon-winter-soldier-loki/ 

YOUR MCU CHEAT SHEET: Wanda is now more powerful than ever, as Scarlet Witch. And though her whereabouts appeared known in WandaVision‘s bonus scene, the first trailer for Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness suggests she is about to be found.
YOUR MCU CHEAT SHEET: Vision is still dead, but White Vision — a close facsimile built by S.W.O.R.D. — is floating around out there somewhere. 
YOUR MCU CHEAT SHEET: Maria Rambeau’s grown daughter, Monica, now has powers (but not even an unofficial hero name yet), and seemingly is on Nick Fury’s radar. The character is set to be seen again on the big screen, in the Captain Marvel sequel The Marvels (in theaters February 2023).
YOUR MCU CHEAT SHEET (presumably needed for The Marvels fka Captain Marvel 2): Maria battles cancer and dies in 2018 — and daughter Monica seems to have a beef with Carol, her childhood idol.
YOUR MCU CHEAT SHEET: S.W.O.R.D., we learned, actually has existed since at least 2017 or so, though its latest acting director was shady af.
YOUR MCU CHEAT SHEET: Jimmy Woo is a rising star at the FBI, after outing S.W.O.R.D. chief Hayward as a ne’er-do-well.
MCU CHEAT SHEET: Previously only wise to Thor’s godly powers, Darcy now has witnessed Wanda Maximoff’s supreme sorcery firsthand, as well as scientifically deduced that Monica Rambeau’s cells were “rewritten” to give her powers, when she passed through the Hex that encased Westview.
YOUR MCU CHEAT SHEET: Agatha Harkness, a once-powerful sorceress, is unwittingly laying low in a sleepy New Jersey suburb — and now due for her own spinoff series.
YOUR MCU CHEAT SHEET: Sam Wilson at first deemed himself unworthy to succeed Steve Rogers as Captain America, and also struggled with the shield’s racially complicated legacy. But a change of heart (egged on by Bucky and others) — and John Walker’s flame-out in the role —  found him suiting up as the new Cap, who is now bound for his own standalone movie.
YOUR MCU CHEAT SHEET: Bucky has made a certain peace with his past as a brainwashed killer, and Sam Wilson has his full-throated support as the new Captain America.
YOUR MCU CHEAT SHEET: Zemo is still in prison, albeit a different one: The Raft. Also, he’s apparently quite rich, and has decent moves on the dance floor.
YOUR MCU CHEAT SHEET: Sharon was quite bitter about having to go on the lam after Captain America: Civil War, and apparently funneled that energy into becoming a global crime boss dubbed The Power Broker.
YOUR MCU CHEAT SHEET: If Marvel is ramping up to Young Avengers, Eli Bradley is now handy to become Patriot!
YOUR MCU CHEAT SHEET: Val popped up in Black Widow‘s bonus scene — which originally was intended to be the character’s very first appearance in the MCU — to hand assassin Yelena Belova her next assignment: Clint Barton. 
YOUR MCU CHEAT SHEET: John Walker, and not Sam Wilson, immediately succeeded Steve Rogers as Captain America. John got hopped up on stolen super serum, though, and lost himself the title via a bloodthirsty, public murder. He now goes by U.S. Agent, on the mysterious Countess’ behalf….
YOUR MCU CHEAT SHEET: Though Kang the Conqueror is not due to hit the big screen until Ant-Man 3 (out February July 2023), don’t be surprised if preceding movies (e.g Spider-Man: No Way Home and Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness) start showing signs of multiversal wobbliness. 
YOUR MCU CHEAT SHEET: Clint neutralized the threat that a vengeful Yelena Belova was poised to pose to him at the end of the Black Widow movie. He is now back home with the wife and kids, and hopefully by now has settled on a code name for Kate Bishop.
YOUR MCU CHEAT SHEET: Elite archer Kate Bishop, through Clint Barton/Hawkeye’s tutelage, proved herself to be a fine prospective Avenger.
YOUR MCU CHEAT SHEET: Yelena’s beef with Clint Barton/Hawkeye, seeded in Black Widow‘s bonus scene, has been resolved. She also established a pretty adorable frenemy-ship with archer/prospective Avenger Kate Bishop.

Spoiler

YOUR MCU CHEAT SHEET: First and foremost, Marvel characters brought to live-action life on Netflix series such as Marvel’s Daredevil (as also revealed by Spider-Man: No Way Home) now exist in the MCU proper! Played by the same actors! 

YOUR MCU CHEAT SHEET: Just know that if you see Laura again, she is clearly capable of a whole lot more than entertaining unexpected Avenger houseguests! 

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

From Phase Zero (ComicBook.com's Marvel Podcast)....

ETA: I haven't seen everything on these lists, so I don't know what my personal rankings are yet.

Edited by tv echo

'Kevin Feige Knows What He's Doing With the MCU,' Longtime X-Men Producer Says
By Logan Plant    4 Jan 2022
https://www.ign.com/articles/xmen-producer-kevin-feige-mcu-logan

In an interview with IGN for his upcoming film The 355, director and longtime X-Men producer Simon Kinberg said he trusts Feige to make the right decision on bringing the X-Men, old or new, to the MCU.
"The honest answer is, I have no idea," Kinberg said when asked if we could see some old X-Men faces pop up in the MCU. "And the other answer is, Kevin [Feige] knows what he is doing with the MCU. I would argue he's the greatest producer in the history of cinema. Truly. I mean, if you look at it pound for pound in terms of quality and in terms of obviously commercial success, there's no question the latter is true. So I don't know."

Kinberg did however go on to say he can't imagine anyone but Hugh Jackman playing Wolverine.

Edited by tv echo

Shang-Chi and Thor: Love and Thunder are 2021 EMA Gold Seal recipients...

Full list of 2021 EMA Gold Seal and Green Seal Recipients
https://www.green4ema.org/ema-green-seal-recipients

Environmental Media Association (EMA) Green Seal 2021
https://www.green4ema.org/ema-green-seal-production

The EMA Green Seal is a recognition program honoring progress in sustainable production for movies, television shows (animated and live action) filmed commercials and print advertising.
The Program rating is determined on a scale of 200 points. A minimum threshold of 75 points must be obtained in order to receive EMA Green Seal recognition. We have also introduced the EMA Gold Seal for projects that score 125 points and more. All projects that reach this threshold receive our EMA Gold Seal label. The rating is based on a self-assessment by the production company on how well it complies with the Program criteria developed by EMA and the sustainability departments of major studio Board members.

Edited by tv echo
1 hour ago, Ailianna said:

Not so exciting an award since its self-graded, per the quote you included. I'm still hopeful they are really being climate conscious but I'm not impressed with awards based on self-reporting.

It does go on to say that there may be a set visit for confirmation and that additional documentation may be required if a set visit isn’t possible. So it may or may not be entirely self-reported depending on how thorough they are. 

The two Marvel projects that got the seal primarily filmed in Australia which may have played a part. 

Disneyland Celebrates 9 MCU Women With New Display
By Jennifer McDonough    January 8, 2022
https://thedirect.com/article/mcu-women-disneyland-display 

Andy Park, Marvel Studios' Director of Visual Development, who has worked on popular MCU projects like WandaVision and Black Widow has been taking to Instagram recently and posting a portrait a day. 

These illustrations center on the women of the MCU and hang at Disneyland's prestigious and notoriously private 1901 lounge. The club is reserved for members only and is not open to the public.
As one can see, starting from the top left-hand corner, the drawings include Carol Danvers aka, Captain Marvel, Natasha Romanoff aka, Black Widow, General of Wakanda's Dora Milaje Okoye, brilliant inventor, Shuri, ex-Asgardian Valkyrie Brunnhilde, and the Scarlet Witch herself, Wanda Maximoff. The Bottom row also shows Hope van Dyne aka, The Wasp, Gamora, Daughter of Thanos, and empathic Guardian of the Galaxy, Mantis.
Park shared the following with the images:

And finally here are some pics I took at the 1901 Lounge with the drawings I did of nine “Women of the MCU.” It’s an honor to have been part of this Marvel Studios takeover of this classic & prestigious space w/in Disneyland California Adventure!

Side note: I wish I could’ve drawn more than just 9 as there are so many significant & awesome women in the MCU. But at the end of the day I could only draw 9. So these are the ones I picked. MAYBE I’ll draw more eventually… 🤔 WHO would you want to see??
Park also posted a display case containing Natasha's white suit from 2021's Black Widow.  

C96FF44A-9A52-451B-8B8A-718313EA623B.jpg

ABC39F36-373A-451C-A07D-29CC7C3EDF41.jpg

ACE0826C-2BD2-4729-885A-14E443B72E42.jpg

0E1A6160-7F12-4C7B-B3E4-CC5738042B17.jpg

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Speaking of Women in the MCU, I watched Ghostbusters Afterlife with my kids today. And it really made me wonder why Marvel went to the trouble of casting someone as talented as Carrie C*** but then just have her play one of Thanos's goons?

3 minutes ago, Kel Varnsen said:

Speaking of Women in the MCU, I watched Ghostbusters Afterlife with my kids today. And it really made me wonder why Marvel went to the trouble of casting someone as talented as Carrie C*** but then just have her play one of Thanos's goons?

The biggest names cast for MCU roles tend to be killed off. Two movies is more than most get.

On 1/5/2022 at 9:42 AM, tv echo said:

From Phase Zero (ComicBook.com's Marvel Podcast)....

ETA: I haven't seen everything on these lists, so I don't know what my personal rankings are yet.

I haven't seen everything on the list either, but I have zero interest in ever watching Venom.  I'm trying to get to the theater to see Spider-Man ASAP, but that pesky little thing called covid... ugh.  I think I would probably most agree with Aaron - I loved Hawkeye and liked Eternals, whereas everyone else has them ranked lower, so boo to them.  I watched one episode of What If...? and was so bored, so ranking it low makes total sense to me as well.

Hulu Boss Casts Uncertainty on Marvel Future
By Richard Nebens   Jan 11, 2022
https://thedirect.com/article/hulu-marvel-future 

At Tuesday's Winter Television Critics Association press tour, Hulu Originals president Craig Erwich, when asked about the future of Marvel on the streamer, stated that there were no announcements for MODOK, Hit-Monkey, or any Marvel series of any kind.

Via Decider's Alex Zalben, the Hulu exec noted that "Marvel and team will make the decisions for that franchise, and that brand," suggesting that no new Marvel-Hulu projects are currently far into development ready for a public reveal.

Edited by tv echo
On 1/9/2022 at 7:41 PM, Raja said:

The biggest names cast for MCU roles tend to be killed off. Two movies is more than most get.

Yea I get that big names usually end up as villains that are gone quickly, like Jeff Bridges or Michael B Jordan. But in those cases at least the actors got something interesting to do, which isn't the same with Proxima Midnight. The rest of Thanos's kids in IW were played by people that I have never heard of. So it seems kind of weird to get a pretty talented and accomplished actress to play a character that I would have expected to be played by a stunt woman or a lady WWE wrestler.

• Love 2

The other day, I was thinking about that story (I think it was an excerpt from the Marvel book?) about all the MCU actors who originally tried out for different roles, and it got me thinking how much fun it would be to see some shorts or something on Disney+ with those actors playing those roles--like a live-action What If...?, but without the stories being any different. Like, it'd be cool to see Sebastian Stan playing Steve, Lee Pace playing Peter Quill, Lupita Nyong'o playing Nebula, etc.

• Love 3

Disney+ Reveals New MCU Timeline Featuring Eternals
By Tom Drew    January 12, 2022
https://thedirect.com/article/mcu-timeline-eternals-disney-plus 

With the release of Eternals on Disney+, the Marvel Cinematic Universe Timeline Order on the streaming service has been adjusted accordingly to showcase when the film takes place.
It should be noted that this list excludes The Incredible Hulk, as well as the three MCU Spider-Man films.
This placement on the timeline lines up with what has been said prior about Eternals, with Marvel Studios producer Nate Moore previously mentioning that the film occurs around the same time as Spider-Man: Far From Home. Spider-Man's second solo outing takes place about eight months after Avengers: Endgame, placing the world-ending threat of the Emergence somewhere in and around Peter Parker's trip to Europe.

With this in mind, fans now know that there is around a four-month gap between Eternals and Hawkeye, with the latter set a year after Endgame. Therefore, there may be some room for Marvel Studios to insert some future projects into this time period, such as Ms. Marvel or Moon Knight.

marvel-cinematic-universe-timeline-movie

Edited by tv echo
7 hours ago, swanpride said:

Yeah, I take this one with a grain of salt anyway, mainly because I would put Ironman 3 before Thor 2, not after. 

I agree but I understand why they did that since Thor 2 starts immediately after Avengers. One of these days I’m going to do a complete rewatch in timeline order and watch Iron Man 3 in the middle of Thor 2. 

1 hour ago, swanpride said:

That and Ironman 3 is covered in props which show the year 2013, even though it is clearly 2012 still. It's not really believable that Tony wouldn't sleep for nearly two years. 

Is it? I’ve never noticed. The dialogue puts it a December 2012 which is probably more accurate than props. Although, Homecoming did botch the timeline in a spectacular way so anything is possible. 

Jeremy Renner Shares Hilarious Story of Robert Downey Jr. Wanting to Hurt Chris Hemsworth While Filming The Avengers
By AARON PERINE - January 14, 2022
https://comicbook.com/marvel/news/avengers-robert-downey-jr-chris-hemsworth-jeremy-renner-shares-hilarious-story-hurt-while-filming/ 

Hawkeye star Jeremy Renner shared a hilarious story of why Robert Downey Jr. wanted to hurt Chris Hemsworth while filming The Avengers. The MCU staple visited the Armchair Expert podcast with Dax Shephard to discuss his career. When the topic drifted toward the first Marvel team-up movie, Renner couldn't help unearthing this wild story. Apparently, Avengers wasn't just the first time all of these stars shared the screen together. It was also the first time they all did so in costume as well. Downey caught one glimpse of Hemsworth in that uniform and immediately joked that they should take out one of his knees. 

So, the Iron Man star didn't like all that stature on display. He was joking, but other MCU actors have mentioned being a little bit surprised and even self-conscious about their bodies around the Thor star. Downey is no different in that regard, and it makes for a pretty fantastic story.

"Yeah, he's amazing, but we didn't know of him, right? On the first day, we're all parading around in our costumes," Renner explained. "So It looks like it's Halloween. We're excited, but equally feeling ridiculous. I feel like we all knew each other somehow, someway, except we didn't know this Hemsworth guy, because he comes from Australia. And he's the tallest, he's the most good-looking… Downey was like, 'We gotta break his knee. We gotta take him out. This guy's too good-looking. He's too tall, he's too charming, f*** this guy.'"

Edited by tv echo
On 1/10/2022 at 8:37 AM, Kel Varnsen said:

Someone has to play that character. Should the casting director exclude known names? Besides, names have to eat, like a chance to try different kinds of roles.

There’s this great YouTube channel that makes documentaries about Broadway shows.   He decided to make a faux documentary about Rogers the Musical .  This was such a fun idea and it’s an awesome watch.

The Greatest Musical Never Made: Rogers the Musical

Edited by Luckylyn

From Marvel Studios Japan website...

Official Marvel Site May Confirm Four Disney+ Shows in Summer 2022
By ADAM BARNHARDT - January 15, 2022
https://comicbook.com/marvel/news/marvel-site-confirms-four-shows-release-schedule-summer-2022/ 

This summer might get pretty busy for fans of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. A new listing discovered on the official website for Marvel Studios Japan suggests at least three shows could release between Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness on May 4th (when it opens in Japan), and Thor: Love and Thunder, which currently has a July release date. She-Hulk, I Am Groot, and What If...? Season Two are all listed between the aforementioned blockbusters.

The Iman Vellani-starring Ms. Marvel is then listed after Thor: Love and Thunder, but still holds a "Summer 2022" release time window, suggesting the series could release sometime in the dog days of summer around August or September. Secret Invasion is then listed prior to Black Panther: Wakanda Forever, which is due out in theaters this November.
If the listing proves accurate, this would be the first official confirmation What If...? season Two is coming this year. Executives had only previously suggested they wanted to release seasons annually, though uncertainty and extended production times in animation could complicate things.

Screen-Shot-2022-01-15-at-4.36.30-PM.png 
^^^
Moon Knight
Scheduled to be delivered in 2022 on Disney+

Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness
May 4, 2022 (Wednesday) theater release

She-Hulk

I Am Groot

What If...? Season Two

Thor: Love and Thunder
Scheduled to be released in theaters in July 2022

Ms. Marvel
Scheduled to be delivered in the summer of 2022 on Disney+

Secret Invasion
Coming soon on Disney+

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever
Scheduled to be released in theaters in November 2022

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
16 minutes ago, swanpride said:

...honestly, I don't care either way, because BOTH are set directly after Civil war, the movies basically happen around the same time. 

Yea I am not even sure how they would figure out which one happens first, since as best as I can remember there is nothing that happens in BW that references events in BP or vice versa. Is there something or is this just Marvel saying this is how it will be because.

The only reason I can think of to make a definitive timeline for events that happened so close together is that it might matter in future movies?  Not sure how, but that's really my only thought on why anyone would truly care.

Stuff sometimes happens at the same time in the MCU. For example, The incredible Hulk, Ironman 2 and Thor overlap, most of the plot of Doctor Strange is set after Civil war BUT the accident actually happens beforehand, and since both Black Widow and Black Panter are set within the month after Civil War, it stands to suspect that they overlap too. Though I guess I would watch Black Widow first, since it is more of a continuation of the story as Black Panther ist. 

Disney+ Just Added 5 Marvel Studios Short Films
By Sam Hargrave   January 21, 2022
https://thedirect.com/article/marvel-studios-one-shots-disney-plus 

Disney+ expanded its line-up of Marvel Studios One-Shot short films with five new additions, including Agent Carter, The Consultant, Team Thor: Part 1, Team Thor: Part 2, and Team Darryl. 

The Hayley Atwell-led Agent Carter one-shot was previously added to the streaming service several months back before being quickly removed.
The Consultant was Marvel Studios' first short film released with the Thor Blu-ray in 2011 and sees Agents Coulson and Sitwell discussing General Ross in a lead-in to Tony Stark's appearance in The Incredible Hulk's post-credits scene.
In the period between Captain America: Civil War and Thor: Ragnarok, Marvel Studios produced two Team Thor mockumentaries starring the God of Thunder and office worker Darryl living a normal life on Earth.
After the popularity of the original Team Thor one-shot on the Civil War Blu-ray, a second part was released alongside Doctor Strange to continue the duo's hilarious antics.
Darryl returned to lead his own one-shot in the Thor: Ragnarok release alongside Jeff Goldblum's Grandmaster as the two share an apartment in Los Angeles. 
The five recent additions join All Hail the King, A Funny Thing That Happened On The Way to Thor's Hammer, and Item 47 in the new "Marvel One-Shots" section on Disney+.

Marvel Gives Disappointing Update on Chris Hemsworth's Team Thor Shorts
By Klein Felt   January 21, 2022
https://thedirect.com/article/chris-hemsworth-team-thor-marvel-shorts-canon 

The three Team Thor One-Shots (Team Thor Part 1, Team Thor Part 2, and Team Daryl) have been added to the "Marvel Cinematic Universe Phase Three" section on Disney+; however, eagle-eyed fans have noticed that they do not appear in the "Marvel Cinematic Universe in Timeline Order" section.

Other One-Shots such as A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to Thor's Hammer, The Consultant, and Item 47 do appear on the "Timeline Order" section of the streaming service. 

As such, it seems that Marvel Studios does not view these Team Thor One-Shots as canon in the MCU, a disappointment to the many fans who enjoyed director Taikia Waititi's signature humor and interactions depicted throughout them.

The three of these shorts work as a sort of mockumentary following Thor as he navigates everyday life while the rest of Earth's Mightiest Heroes are squaring off in Captain America: Civil War. The events of the One-Shots include Thor moving in with a human, drafting emails, and talking to schoolchildren about his wild adventures amongst the biggest names of the MCU.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

"Marvel Gives Disappointing Update on Chris Hemsworth's Team Thor Shorts"

Some people can get worked up over the smallest bloody things. Watch them. Enjoy them. You shouldn't have to worry about how 'official' or 'canon' they are.

• Love 3