Type keyword(s) to search

Deadwood - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Is Jim Beaver not going to be in the new Deadwood? What about Titus Welliver? They are some of my favorites, I would love to see them again as their Deadwood characters. Or are they dead on the show? Now I can't remember, and I guess I need to rewatch.

8 hours ago, Arynm said:

Is Jim Beaver not going to be in the new Deadwood? What about Titus Welliver? They are some of my favorites, I would love to see them again as their Deadwood characters. Or are they dead on the show? Now I can't remember, and I guess I need to rewatch.

I don't think Jim Beaver is, but he did visit the set W. Earl Brown said. He is dead on Deadwood. Titus has said on Twitter he is tied up in filming Bosch.

• Love 1

Titus Welliver is still very supportive of the Deadwood series and upcoming movie. If not for his schedule for Bosch he’d have gladly done the movie. David Milch was very lucky that he was able to get so much of the original cast to reprise their roles due to schedules and other commitments. The Deadwood movie comes out in May. No trailer is available yet. 

• Love 2
On 3/21/2019 at 2:48 PM, benteen said:

I got serious chills watching that. Interesting that the Gem is still standing. Love the end and hiw Bullock and Al still have a similar relationship. Saw Trixie and Sol, wonder if they are still together.

I am also curious to see how the town would have grown and changed if the movie takes place in 1889. Would there be a rail line all the way to Deadwood? 

Any word if the little blonde girl (whose name escapes me) will be in it? Has enough time passed for her age to be correct?

Had to laugh at EW's article stating that "all" of the principals were involved. Uh, no. I don't think Powers Boothe is. (And it's been so freaking long....did they kill off Cy? I honestly can't remember which main characters died except Ellsworth.)

Anna Gunn is still in this....ugh...sorry, but I was a total Bullock/Alma shipper. Yeah, I know it's unlikely....let me dream until May 31. It's been, what, a decade?

• Love 1

so i saw direct tv had a marathon of deadwood. i recorded it but it was just season 1! what the hell? nice way to go .. i wasted my time just being able to watch the first season. where is the rest?

On 3/22/2019 at 8:53 PM, Moxie Cat said:

Any word if the little blonde girl (whose name escapes me) will be in it? Has enough time passed for her age to be correct?

Yes, she will be in it except now the older Sofia will be played by Lily Keene. 

Spoiler

I read somewhere that she will be getting married in the movie, but that’s not written in stone  

51 minutes ago, msrachelj said:

so i saw direct tv had a marathon of deadwood. i recorded it but it was just season 1! what the hell? nice way to go .. i wasted my time just being able to watch the first season. where is the rest?

You can view all seasons and the movie (when it comes out) on HBO. 

27 minutes ago, AimingforYoko said:

Official Trailer:

That looks awesome. Interesting how they made Bullock look way more aged than everyone. Olyphant doesn't look that old in Santa Clarita Diet. Although I guess his job would age the hell out of anyone.

Love the fact that Saul and Trixie seem still together and Jane and Charlie's reunion looked great. 

• Love 1

The trailer is great. Reminds me of what an underrated actor Gerald  McRaney is; makes me wish he had been given parts that rose to his abilities more often. Of course, I have that thought somewhat frequently when I seen excellent actors who are in productions scripted by David Milch. Just a gut punch to hear of his Alzheimers diagnosis. I think Milch has been the best writer of dialogue, t.v. or movies, of the past 25 years, and Deadwood was his Sistine Chapel ceiling.  

• Love 5
(edited)

OMG I LOVE THEM ALL SO MUCH. Paula Malcomson saying (in the 'Behind the Scenes' video) 'I think I speak for everyone when I say it's everybody's favourite job they've ever had' fills my heart with joy.

McShane hasn't changed at all.

Edited by purist
  • Love 5

Tonight is the Hollywood premiere of Deadwood. W. Earl Brown has been tweeting about it and what he should wear. I teased him that he should take some cinnamon lol. So many of the actors have been great and interacting with us fans  

I wish I was better adept at getting photos for y’all, but I’ll ask a friend and try to post some tomorrow. 

• Love 5
17 minutes ago, Maisiesmom said:

oh my god that's great! where did you find those ?

On the Internet, but I doubt they are a real thing that you can buy. I’ve watched the series three times and admit that I’m a bit obsessed.  It’s just so good. 

Remember: 

No Unauthorized Cinnamon 

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, OoogleEyes said:

Hey, yinz (I'm from Pittsburgh) guys 

Is anyone interested in starting a Deadwood re-watch?

Watching S1E1 right now 

I have watched the series three times. I’m always interested in re-watching. I find there are so many nuances that I had missed the first time that I caught on a re-watch. 

• Love 1

DEB9CC72-BD5D-45DE-94E2-35C35A3658F6.thumb.jpeg.bf5dbcb19463b674ddda8688cbe77ed7.jpeg

Sorry that I can’t post links, but this article should help anyone who doesn’t have time for a re-watch before the movie comes out. As in, which episodes to see before the movie comes out. 🍑🤞🏻🥃

• Love 2
(edited)

Just finished 1.10 in my rewatch. The reverend is breaking my heart just as much as first time around. Al's rage about it; Seth and Sol's compassion. Just everything. Goddammit, Show.

ETA: It's killing me that I can't find my Glarkware "Wu's Discount Meats" tee. Cocksuckin' house move. @David T. Cole, I'd part with a fair amount of cash if you have any old ones collecting dust.

Edited by spaceghostess
  • Love 4

Halfway through season one; my fourth viewing of this show.  My opinion is unchanged: it is the best written dialogue of any television show ever, and 2nd place is so far behind that it can only barely be seen.

• Love 6
(edited)
On 5/29/2019 at 10:26 AM, Bannon said:

Halfway through season one; my fourth viewing of this show.  My opinion is unchanged: it is the best written dialogue of any television show ever, and 2nd place is so far behind that it can only barely be seen.

A thousand times ^this^. And it only gets better with age (mine). I was trying to explain to my kids (too young to watch) how the show managed to amalgamate the best and worst of human character into such a dark yet funny yet unaccountably beautiful thing. But of course, such alchemy defies explanation; hoopleheaded folly on my part to even attempt it.

Edited by spaceghostess
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, honeywest said:

Deadwood  marathon on HBO2, just started an hour ago!

I'm DVRing and just started my umpteenth rewatch.

On 5/29/2019 at 7:26 AM, Bannon said:

For dialogue alone, I'll have to give 2nd place to the much maligned John From Cincinnati.  I fucking loved that show!  [ducks & runs for cover]

• Love 1
(edited)

From The Guardian: Deadwood: The Movie review – brutal, beautiful farewell for a TV classic.

I'm not reading it yet as I don't want to be spoiled in any way, shape or form! Unfortunately we don't get the movie in Australia (on Foxtel's Showcase channel) until 3 June, so I'll be staying off this thread until then. The Guardian article says it airs on HBO in the US on 31 May, and on Sky Atlantic in the UK on 1 June.

Edited by purist
  • Love 2