Type keyword(s) to search

The Bold Type - General Discussion

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, Aulty said:

The soppy Jane and Pinstripe breakup didn't trigger any emotions on my side - glad that Jane is now her own problem and I hope we'll never see Pinstripe again (for his own sake).

So much word to this!  She would have never forgave him if they stayed together, and would have found every opportunity she could to throw it in his face or to make her self the victim about something.  Run faaaaaaaaar away Pinstripe.  You dodged a bullet dude.  Also, Jane, you could have waited until after Sutton's wedding to break up with him.  What an exhausting friend she is.  

I wanted to reach through the screen to slap Sutton for considering choosing a job at Scarlett over her relationship with the love of her life.  On the other hand, is Richard really surprised that she changes her mind frequently?  She's in her mid-twenties and still trying to figure shit out.  That's what you're supposed to do at the age.  His mid-40s was showing.  (Actually, I don't know how old Richard is supposed to be.....).  I liked Jacqueline's talk with him though.  

I'm shocked, but not surprised, that Kat released that  from her own social media account.

giphy.gif

Like, I find it really hard to believe that neither Kat or Adena, or even Jane the most amazing write in the world, don't have a journalist friend that they trust that they could have passed off that info to with a "You ain't heard this from me" *wink, wink* message attached.  That shit was just real reckless.  And of course I was screaming at the TV, "Girl, we about to go into a recession!!!!  Protect yo job!!!!"

• Love 3

You could just see Jane looking around that wedding like "This is nice and all, but this isn't nearly enough about me!" so she decided to dump Ryan right then and there in the middle of the reception. I am relieved that she finally just put a fork in this done relationship, mostly for Ryan's sake. Its like she was just leaving their relationship in this weird no mans land where one second she couldn't look at him and the next she is asking him to be her date to the wedding, and it was clear that Jane would never let this go, and there is no way to change what Ryan did, and that he lied about it. Better to just call it and move on. Plus, Jane gets yet another article to write about involving her own personal issues! Which I am sure will be boring and self indulgent I MEAN "honest" and "insightful" or whatever her thirty under thirty article will say. Jane just seems like the most exhausting kind of person to be around, its all drama, all the time, and its all about her.

Very glad that Sutton and Richard actually made it down the aisle, it looked touch and go for a second. I feel like Sutton could have found a better time to tell Richard about the job and that she wants to stay in New York, especially considering its really just one promotion. I did like his talk with Jacqueline, even if she is seriously projecting with her own marital problems. Of course Sutton changes her mind a lot, she is in her 20s, living her best city girl life! There was no real shock there, of course Sutton will stay in New York, obviously they wont have her go all the way across the country. Long distance is tough, but it is possible, especially when Richard is rich as hell and can probably afford for them to fly himself or Sutton across the coasts.

Kat really couldn't have just slipped that info to Jane or some other journalist and have them publish it? Or publish it under the table? She really felt the need to throw out her job? I mean, I am sure she will find something else, especially if its a progressive company with a lot of social justice aims, but it might raise concerns for some employers knowing that she leaked confidential info about her boss. Also, I might be wrong, but arent most campaign donations public record? Wouldn't it be easy to find this out and bring it to light?

• Love 7
20 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

Kat really couldn't have just slipped that info to Jane

Like Jane would ever publish something that wasn't about her. Please.

21 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

Also, I might be wrong, but arent most campaign donations public record? Wouldn't it be easy to find this out and bring it to light?

Campaign donations are public, but I think Kat also had bank records. There's no way she could have obtained those legally.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, dubbel zout said:

Like Jane would ever publish something that wasn't about her. Please.

You not giving Tiny Jane  enough  credit ... It just woulda been an article about how hearing about conversion camps made her think of her time at a summer camp and how not being as tall as the other girls led to her being ostracized in a similar way to the conversion kids... How they tried to make her feel bad for being something she  wasnt and how that experience shaped her future... Trust me... She could find a way

• LOL 3

9 hours ago, marny said:

Maybe I missed something, but what law did Kat break? My recollection is the assistant gave her access to the tax documents (right?)— she didn’t steal them. And releasing the documents isn’t against the law— she’s covered by the first amendment on that one. I get the board wanting to fire her for embarrassing the company, but honestly it makes them look even worse to fire her for revealing Scarlet’s hypocrisy. I don’t think she’ll have trouble finding a new job at a place that admires integrity. 

The assistant did give her access, but I don't think Kat told anyone that because she is trying to protect the assistant's job.  I think she may have some trouble with a new job, because she publicly trashed the CEO of her company. It is like when Jane couldn't get a new job because she called out that other magazine she briefly worked for. But Kat will land somewhere (likely back at Scarlet) because these girls never fail for real.

I knew Kat would release the file, but I can't believe she just posted in with her own account. Surely she could have found any number of journalists who would want to release the story. Not only is it about a big CEO being shady, but it would also help other magazines/sites bring down their competition. Of course, after Kat confronted RJ and told him she had the returns, they would have known it was her. 

I feel like Jacqueline was Sutton's guardian angel in this episode. She convinced Oliver to offer her the job and then convinced Richard to still marry her. I knew Sutton was going to stay in NYC, but am really curious to see if she and Richard stay together. Long distance is tough, but it would be nice to have a woman on TV get to have both love and her dream career.

I  actually preferred Pinstripe than Jane. She'll be even more insufferable trying to start a new relationship. 

Sutton plans to have a long distance marriage? Great plan to start a marriage on.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, luckyroll3 said:

So is Rayven-Simone joining the show since her character was hired as the beauty editor.  If she is, I would so enjoy any snarky smackdowns of Jane during the all staff meetings.....

Praise Beebo if this happens. 

• Love 2

Yeah it makes no sense that Kat didn't just leak the documents. I mean, in real life, I don't think "head of big media company donates to conservative politician" would really be that big a scoop, but evidently on this show it was. But I also have no doubt she will have her job back within an episode or two next season. 

Wait, what? A new series already? Or is it just additional episodes to series 4 as the 4x11 in the video title suggests?

Whatever, at least it gives us something else to complain about (Jane) besides corona 😉

Edit: Apparently series 4 was supposed to be 18 episodes (really??) but like a lot of other shows production got cut short and we can expect 6 more episodes.

Edited by Aulty
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Aulty said:

Wait, what? A new series already? Or is it just additional episodes to series 4 as the 4x11 in the video title suggests?

Whatever, at least it gives us something else to complain about (Jane) besides corona 😉

Edit: Apparently series 4 was supposed to be 18 episodes (really??) but like a lot of other shows production got cut short and we can expect 6 more episodes.

18 episodes of Jane is way too many. But just imagine the top notch writing for her vertical this situation would inspire.

• LOL 3

So the not so subtle hints are that Sutton is pregnant and Kat can no longer affort an appartment that I vaguely remember her parents paying for anyway? Oh and the boob drama.

My DVR cut off just as Sutton was reaching past Richard at the end. I'm assuming she says something about being late, or picks up her birth control pills (since she's so obviously pregnant) or something that's supposed to clue us in, can anybody tell me what happened? 

1 hour ago, GaT said:

My DVR cut off just as Sutton was reaching past Richard at the end. I'm assuming she says something about being late, or picks up her birth control pills (since she's so obviously pregnant) or something that's supposed to clue us in, can anybody tell me what happened? 

She picked up her phone, opening an app which showed that her period is long overdue. She told Richard that she might be pregnant.

I won't judge any of the boob stuff. I think its great that they adress it and I would expect it to come with psychological side effects.

Messing up her interviews was very Jane, and I love when a Millenial can't keep up with a Gen Z. The male writer was interesting - a slightly less intensive version of the guy Kat and aqueline sparred with last season. The Belle stuff had me roll my eyes - of course her boobies are the key to the membership.

In the past I have complained about Kat taking such big strides professionally, so its refreshing to see the other two move up while Kat is struggling.

• Love 2

I'm only 4 minutes into the episode, but my goodness that opening scene. 🤮. I get it; recovery from major surgery and all that.  But anytime we get woe is me Jane, I just want to scratch my eyes out.  [/rant over] 

• Love 6
5 hours ago, Aulty said:

She picked up her phone, opening an app which showed that her period is long overdue.

LOL. It was four days. That seems a bit too early for pregnancy signs, but whatever.

I had to laugh at Jane making everything about her boobs. I don't fault her for being self-conscious, but sheesh. And the interviewee guy could have pointed out the frosting much, much earlier. All he had to say was "There's something on your sweater" and make vague motions toward her boobs. I hate that kind of contrivance.

After Sutton barfed in the plant, I really wanted the Belle lady to tell Jane her membership was being revoked. First she lies to get an interview, then she stages a photo shoot without permission, then two nonmembers barge in and one ruins a plant. But no, it's 30 Under 30 Jane! She stays!

Kat is in for a rude awakening when she discovers that more and more companies don't want their employees making social media posts about politics, causes, etc.

• Love 7

As soon as Sutton puked during the photo shoot it was like "oh yeah, pregnant" and here we are! Thats the rules of television, if you get sick and are female and even remotely fertile, you dont just have a bug, your pregnant. 

So who is this brunette girl that Kat is hooking up with? I am wracking my brain but I dont remember her, just Kats bartender kind of boyfriend, who they apparently are having some kind of three way thing with? Kats professional life has always been pretty smooth and steady, especially as compared to Sutton's struggles, so its interesting seeing her struggle professionally, especially as her parents are talking about not bailing her out financially. I mean, yeah, its going to be hard for Kat to spin "I stole and published my bosses bosses bosses financial information and published it because I disapproved of what he spent his money on" to any major company, especially if she wants to work for a big company and do their publicity. Really, she is probably lucky that she didn't face legal action. I think that more and more companies are asking their employees to watch what they post online, especially politically, so if she wants to keep her career going, she might either need to eventually compromise on her online output, or scale down way down on her expenses and work in the not for profit or social justice sector, or a small business. Its going to be hard for her to find a company that she agrees with on every front that only does business with people she approves of and she never has to compromise to work for. 

The plot with Sutton was mostly good, Sutton being pregnant could be an interesting plot, its always an interesting dynamic when the first member of a friend group has a kid. Nice seeing her doing a good job at work, and going to bat for the young actress. I think that Sutton saw some of herself in the actresses mom stealing from her, considering Sutton grew up with a mom who she couldn't depend on, and that made her want to fight for her even more. 

Then, of course, Jane. I swear, even when Jane goes through things that are legitimately hard and I feel bad for her, I still cant help but roll my eyes, because I know that this will all just be fodder for more sure to be critically praised articles about many trails. The tales of Poor Jane who is forever suffering from whatever her current issue is but is also the best and most awesome person who gets big parties that welcome her back to work and the big office and gets to hire her own staff and of course gets into the exclusive club because of her boobs and her never ending drama. I was really amused by her terrible interviews, especially when the blogger peaced out instantly after Jane's defensive amaetuer hour style interviewing. She didn't even think of questions beyond "where did you do to school"? Really? I am glad that the guy and the Gen Z girl are apparently going to stick around, they seem to have some potential as foils for Jane who arent bad guys, but dont worship the ground she walks on yet.

I did like when Jane gave Alex a gift to thank him for staying in her apartment to take care of her. Everyone should give Alex his props! 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, tennisgurl said:

who gets big parties that welcome her back to work

That totally cracked me up, because when I returned after being on medical leave for six weeks, 95 percent of my office hadn't even realized I was gone in the first place. Granted, I didn't announce to everyone I would be out, but my boss did have to hire a temp for a few weeks, so it was obvious people were working with someone who wasn't me. Hee.

Let me add there's no way I would have wanted the sort of attention Jane seems to require.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, Aulty said:

She picked up her phone, opening an app which showed that her period is long overdue. She told Richard that she might be pregnant.

Thanks, I figured it was something like that. Of course they have apps to keep track of their periods, OF COURSE.

• LOL 3
2 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

I did like when Jane gave Alex a gift to thank him for staying in her apartment to take care of her. Everyone should give Alex his props!

I also liked that it was a gift she'd clearly thought about and knew Alex would enjoy. And that it was a fairly significant gift (even if I suspect she used some connection to get them for free or at a reduced price). Jane isn't always so considerate on so many levels.

I enjoyed how unfazed Alex was when he saw Sutton and Kat holding Jane's boobs (and I loved the callback to them saying goodbye to them before her surgery), but when they were all holding one another's boobs, he was like, "Look somewhere else; yeah, it's time to get out of here."

• Love 2
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

That totally cracked me up, because when I returned after being on medical leave for six weeks, 95 percent of my office hadn't even realized I was gone in the first place. Granted, I didn't announce to everyone I would be out, but my boss did have to hire a temp for a few weeks, so it was obvious people were working with someone who wasn't me. Hee.

Let me add there's no way I would have wanted the sort of attention Jane seems to require.

Jane seems like the type of person to take up a lot of energy in a room. I think people would notice if she was missing.

I found it kind of insane that Jane is out for 3 months on leave, and the day she comes back they ask her to launch her vertical in a week. That seems like the type of thing that would have a lot of planning before a launch. Plus what kind of big company is able to interview and hire people in less than a week? 

I guess they are actually going to make Sutton pregnant? I saw the previews and thought it was going to be a fake out. That could make a pretty big change for the girls' friendship, so it could be interesting. Hopefully she gets to keep having career success. 

Maybe I'm just old, but I feel like Kat is ridiculous for not taking that job. A company wants to hire her with an apparently great salary after she stole financial records and publicly shamed her superior.  And she turns it down cause she wants to be able to Tweet about politics? I hope she can get used to a much cheaper lifestyle.

This is a really great interview with the cast. I think they would fit in well on this board. 

• Love 3

That interview was so much fun to read. Thanks for the link, @KaveDweller. I am legit shocked that within the show it's been only six months:

When we were doing the breakup for Pinstripe and Jane, I was like, “All right, so they’ve been together for like two years now.” Somebody was like, “No, we actually did the research; it’s been six months since the pilot.”

I love how they totally get some of the ridiculousness of the show and don't apologize for it. TBT is not supposed to be real life.

ETA: The cast will be on Celebrity Family Feud on ABC on Sunday, 8/7c.

• Love 1
17 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

I guess they are actually going to make Sutton pregnant? I saw the previews and thought it was going to be a fake out. That could make a pretty big change for the girls' friendship, so it could be interesting. Hopefully she gets to keep having career success. 

Maybe I'm just old, but I feel like Kat is ridiculous for not taking that job. A company wants to hire her with an apparently great salary after she stole financial records and publicly shamed her superior.  And she turns it down cause she wants to be able to Tweet about politics? I hope she can get used to a much cheaper lifestyle. 

I was thinking the same, until I realized that I may actually enjoy seeing Kat plow ahead with all her haughtiness (arrogance?), and having to come to come down to reality a bit. After all, she's a rich girl for whom a "downscaled" lifestyle may initially seem bold and brave. She might actually need to have a few doors closed in her face based on her firing (and it wasn't unjustified- am I wrong, or is Kat lucky she wasn't prosecuted, let alone fired?) to truly understand what she's done.

How would any employer worth their salt be able to truly trust her?

• Love 1
On 6/12/2020 at 11:07 AM, dubbel zout said:

LOL. It was four days. That seems a bit too early for pregnancy signs, but whatever..

With both of my pregnancies I knew I was pregnant before I had even missed a period. My body just felt off and my boobs were also very tender. 

On 6/12/2020 at 11:47 AM, tennisgurl said:

The plot with Sutton was mostly good, Sutton being pregnant could be an interesting plot, its always an interesting dynamic when the first member of a friend group has a kid. Nice seeing her doing a good job at work, and going to bat for the young actress. I think that Sutton saw some of herself in the actresses mom stealing from her, considering Sutton grew up with a mom who she couldn't depend on, and that made her want to fight for her even more. 

I strongly suspect Sutton will get an abortion. She JUST got on track for her career. There will be a fight between her and Richard, but he’ll finally come around and tell her it’s her body and her choice after she promises that she’ll be ready for a baby someday, but just not now.  Not a spoiler, just a prediction. 

On 6/12/2020 at 1:51 PM, GaT said:

Thanks, I figured it was something like that. Of course they have apps to keep track of their periods, OF COURSE.

On 6/12/2020 at 5:49 PM, FurryFury said:

I also have one. It's super handy, actually.

I also use an app and I’m 47. 

I'm thinking Sutton might miscarry. Not that the show would be scared of the topic of abortion.

Ideally, I'd rather the pregnancy be a scare rather than a reality, as either way, I don't think a baby is something the show needs.

• Love 3
(edited)
On 6/12/2020 at 3:02 PM, KaveDweller said:

I agree with Kat’s decision. First, I wouldn’t want to work for a company that claimed during the interview that they liked my principles and that I stood up to my boss’s hypocrisy but then said I needed to muzzle myself from expressing opinions. It shows the company is full of shit and doesn’t actually believe in anything. Second, Kat knows herself well enough that she wouldn’t be able to keep quiet about her opinions, and would likely get fired anyway, so why take a job she knows she won’t have for long and risk a track record of getting fired from jobs. Sometimes not taking a job is the best decision you can make, especially when you’re being asked to change who you are for a paycheck. She’d be better off finding an activist organization that aligns with her views and working on their communications team. It won’t pay as well, but if she’s now going to share an apartment with Jane, she’ll be ok. 

Edited by marny
Typo
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, marny said:

if she’s now going to share an apartment with Jane,

Which hardly counts as a financial setback, as I'm sure her share of the rent is less than the mortgage on her loft. And to make things even lower stakes, if Jane could afford to pay Alex's share for a few months, she can certainly afford to pay Kat's.

I really hope Kat's problems aren't resolved immediately. Have Jane carry her and start to become resentful. Have Kat get frustrated that the companies she might work for don't pay her enough/don't give her enough freedom to express her opinions. I'd like to see at least one of the women in a job they don't like but took because they have to pay the bills. It doesn't have to be permanent or even long term, but it would be realistic, and the show does dip a toe in reality every so often. 

• Love 2

So is Kat in a throuple now or did they just randomly decide to fuck her gf's roommate or something? And is that the girl she dated before bartender dude?

Sutton is an in interesting choice for the unplanned pregnancy storyline, but she's basically a WASP now, so I don't see abortion and probably no miscarriage. Or it'll be revealed as a false positive. She'll probably decide to juggle baby and career and fight with Richard about not being a SAHM, ugh.

Jane continues to Jane. She's even insufferable and sanctimonious recovering from major surgery!

Alex is too good for this show and I hate that the same show that milks Kat's wokeness every episode decided he should be a glorified extra. Why didn't he end up with Suttton? Richard is like watching eggshell paint dry. 

• Love 1
On 6/14/2020 at 9:49 AM, marny said:

I agree with Kat’s decision. First, I wouldn’t want to work for a company that claimed during the interview that they liked my principles and that I stood up to my boss’s hypocrisy but then said I needed to muzzle myself from expressing opinions. It shows the company is full of shit and doesn’t actually believe in anything. Second, Kat knows herself well enough that she wouldn’t be able to keep quiet about her opinions, and would likely get fired anyway, so why take a job she knows she won’t have for long and risk a track record of getting fired from jobs. Sometimes not taking a job is the best decision you can make, especially when you’re being asked to change who you are for a paycheck. She’d be better off finding an activist organization that aligns with her views and working on their communications team. It won’t pay as well, but if she’s now going to share an apartment with Jane, she’ll be ok. 

I agree sometimes not taking a job is a good decision, but she needs to get some job. And asking her not to publicly talk politics is not that rare in the kind of work she does.  If she wants to do that, picking a non-profit or activist organization will be her best bet.

Scarlet is pretty much a fantasy workplace though, so the characters on this show are spoiled.

• Love 2
40 minutes ago, KaveDweller said:

Scarlet is pretty much a fantasy workplace though, so the characters on this show are spoiled.

They sure are. It always cracks me up when the outside world intervenes and they're so shocked it doesn't cater to them.

• Love 1

Why do people on TV always seem surprised by blizzards?

I think I agree with Scott's side on the article issue with Jane. Obviously I don't know what the full story was about so maybe I'm missing something, but it sounded like Jane was saying that a man should magically know if a woman needs help and not listen to her when she says she's okay? If Scott's mom insisted he go back to school, he shouldn't feel guilty about that.  We can't say "no means no" when it comes to sex, but "no means yes" when it comes to other things.

Also, I feel like Jane approached that whole situation in the worst way possible. She is new as as a boss, but hasn't she ever had to give another writer feedback before? I did crack up at Jacqueline giving her advice post-sex though.  But Jacqueline's marriage issues are clearly not over.

This is terrible, but I laughed out loud when Kat got fired again. But of course she gets a second chance.  At the end, I kind of liked the daughter of the guy she got fired though.  I agree with her about wanting to be open to hearing from others, and she doesn't necessarily have all her father's views. 

Sutton continues to be the only one who seems to work hard.  Good for her, and it was nice seeing that she and Richard are both excited about the baby. Of course, that makes me think they now won't have it......

• Love 5

My DVR recorded the first minute of the next show, & a message came up that said (paraphrasing) "Freeform wants you to know they had nothing to do with the creation of the next show. We haven't even seen it". As far as I can tell, the next show was "The 700 Club". Do they always run this message before this show? Why would they put a show on their station that they so obviously don't want?

2 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

This is terrible, but I laughed out loud when Kat got fired again. But of course she gets a second chance.  think they now won't have it......

I've lost count of how many times Kat has screwed up & of course, gotten a second chance. That's her entire storyline, getting second chances.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

Why do people on TV always seem surprised by blizzards?

I think I agree with Scott's side on the article issue with Jane. Obviously I don't know what the full story was about so maybe I'm missing something, but it sounded like Jane was saying that a man should magically know if a woman needs help and not listen to her when she says she's okay? If Scott's mom insisted he go back to school, he shouldn't feel guilty about that.  We can't say "no means no" when it comes to sex, but "no means yes" when it comes to other things.

The blizzard astonishment was so dumb. I'm sure there was plenty of warning, so for everyone to be so shocked was ridiculous. Whatever.

Does Jane not understand what a vertical entails? There's no point in having every article be something she agrees with. What an idiot. This episode was awfully heavy-handed with its "differing opinions are good/useful for learning!" lesson.

I laughed at the beginning when Jane squealed about being the cool aunt and Kat and Sutton were like, "Uh, what?" and then just went with it. Hee. The show is so much better when it shows a bit of self-awareness like that.

Way to spoil things with the preview, Show.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, GaT said:

My DVR recorded the first minute of the next show, & a message came up that said (paraphrasing) "Freeform wants you to know they had nothing to do with the creation of the next show. We haven't even seen it". As far as I can tell, the next show was "The 700 Club". Do they always run this message before this show? Why would they put a show on their station that they so obviously don't want?

tenor.gif

That's really funny.  I haven't watched Freeform live in while, but I do remember that 700 club does come on in the evenings and early mornings.  It may not be Freeform running the show, but rather the local affiliate station.  Which may explain why Freeform felt the need to use the Mariah Carey-approved response of 

giphy_1.gif

One of my professional pet peeves: people with no supervisory experience being placed in leadership roles with no training.  I would think that as "awesome" a boss they always try to portray Jacqueline as, that she would know better.  But Jane is great at everything she does.  

giphy.gif

Now all of a sudden new team member dude is oh so hot according to everyone?  Ok, great....now we get to deal with Jane have an inappropriate boss/staff relationship in an upcoming episode.  Not looking forward to that.  

And of course Jane thinks she's gonna be the fun aunt.  

• Love 2

Getting infusions is a thing?? Brightly coloured infusions??

That blizzard story, airing during summer, was weird - and I am still not convinced that these epsiode we are getting now were planned as part of this season.

Jane will be slobbering all over that employee of hers and I am curious to see how they handle that, especially after everything turned out ok for board member Richard and assistant Sutton

With this show, Kat will wind up banging that lawyer by the end of the season.

"Hottie Scottie" just looks like any average dude to me. Jane actively hoping to seduce her subordinate days after hiring him screams #MeToo nightmare, especially for someone just granted a staff to begin with.

Ollie's ex is hot.

Sutton continues to be the most likable, well-adjusted character.

• Love 3

lol of course Jane has been a boss for all of a week before she had inappropriate romantic feelings for one of her subordinates. *headdesk* And I agree, I think Kat is going to wind up sleeping with/dating the conservative lawyer. And it looks like Oliver will get an actual romantic storyline with his ex! Yay! God I missed this show - this ridiculous world is just what I needed right now. I am so glad it's back.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, Aulty said:

Jane will be slobbering all over that employee of hers and I am curious to see how they handle that, especially after everything turned out ok for board member Richard and assistant Sutton

While Richard was a Board member and there was a obvious power differential between him and Sutton, I think the key difference here is that Richard and Sutton were ultimately in different departments and didn't have any significant reporting relationship conflicts. 

The direct reporting relationship between Jane and the new guy puts any sort of romantic/sexual relationship from gray territory to a big bold no go zone.  And of course we will probably get to watch Jane fail upwards through the whole process (as evidenced by her real-life terrible but somehow worked out in the show coaching skills this episode).

Also, after that awkward interview, why did new guy even accept the job offer?  I know things are rough in the real world at the moment but the job market seems just fine in the Bold Type universe.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, zenithwit said:

Also, after that awkward interview, why did new guy even accept the job offer?  I know things are rough in the real world at the moment but the job market seems just fine in the Bold Type universe.

True, but money is money, and I'd imagine Scarlet pays pretty well, given that it's just the most perfect magazine imaginable. And let's not forget the lure of working for Jane. That's gotta be a huge résumé booster.

In all seriousness, Scarlet is a pretty big magazine, so having some content there wouldn't be the worst thing. 

• Love 1

I know this is a random question:

Is this a different actress playing Oliver's daughter ( I think her name is Carly)? In fact, am I forgetting a whole storyline where Oliver and his now-ex were together raising Carly (who seems to be Jasper's bio-child)? I just don't remember seeing either actor before (and in Jasper's case, I dont even remember any reference to his character). I thought the daughter was Oliver's bio-kid from either a prior relaionship, or he was a sperm donor for a friend (something like that), and the daughter was now unexpectedly in his life full-time due to some emergency. There was no co-parent, which was why Sutton ended up having to get her from school when she got into some trouble ( and ended up making things worse). And I thought that was a different child altogether.

I know I must be mixing up a bunch of wrong memories- help me out here!🤪🤪

• Love 1