Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: NCIS: Los Angeles

MostlyC
  • Start Topic

I know we are in the wrong forum, but I suspect more people interested in this thread are here and not in the JAG forum.

Anyhoo, changing specialty is not unheard of (I assume; Bellisario paid attention to his military advisors, unlike the showrunners on The Code).  Chegwidden went from SEAL to Surface Warfare to JAG Corps.  Rabb's ping-ponging doesn't really fit.

Again, Show vs. Life.  Just like Gibbs should have retired at 55, which would have been about six years ago as he was 18 at the Bicentennial.  And Hetty!  She must be civil service, perhaps even SES.

Sasha Alexander was interviewed many years ago after she left the series, and said NCIS always seemed cartoonish to her.  It applies to the entire franchise, and really to JAG as well.

I still watch.

• Love 3
58 minutes ago, kassygreene said:

I know we are in the wrong forum, but I suspect more people interested in this thread are here and not in the JAG forum.

Anyhoo, changing specialty is not unheard of (I assume; Bellisario paid attention to his military advisors, unlike the showrunners on The Code).  Chegwidden went from SEAL to Surface Warfare to JAG Corps.  Rabb's ping-ponging doesn't really fit.

Again, Show vs. Life.  Just like Gibbs should have retired at 55, which would have been about six years ago as he was 18 at the Bicentennial.  And Hetty!  She must be civil service, perhaps even SES.

Sasha Alexander was interviewed many years ago after she left the series, and said NCIS always seemed cartoonish to her.  It applies to the entire franchise, and really to JAG as well.

I still watch.

The CBS shows I do watch now including NCIS-LA and Blue Bloods are not even close to be near what the real world is but like you I still watch.

I quit the original NCIS but while I love Gibbs I got tired of his supporting cast and quit.

• Love 2

While I enjoyed seeing Harm again, I hope they give him more to do next week. In this episode, he just seemed like one of those generic ship commander characters that the NCIS team interacts with when they have to investigate a ship at sea. Well, except for the part when he landed the plane and was walking towards Sam and Callen. They were staring at him with such a look of awe on their faces that I was half expecting them to ask for his autograph. 🤩

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Rambler said:

While I enjoyed seeing Harm again, I hope they give him more to do next week. In this episode, he just seemed like one of those generic ship commander characters that the NCIS team interacts with when they have to investigate a ship at sea. Well, except for the part when he landed the plane and was walking towards Sam and Callen. They were staring at him with such a look of awe on their faces that I was half expecting them to ask for his autograph. 🤩

I think this week was just introducing Harm. When it was first announced David and Catherine were reprising their roles. Grimmel said it would go into next season. 

But yeah, I was all 🥰🥰🥰❤️💗💕❤️🥰🥰🥰 When Harm landed the plane and took off his helmet. 

I really need to see David James Elliott on my teevee screen again in a regular basis!

• Love 1
8 hours ago, JayDub said:

I have a couple of questions for the aficionados of the TV show JAG and  the Harm character.

1. Did he graduate from law school and pass the bar ?

2. Did he attend the Naval Academy ?

A bit more his father was shot down MIA in Vietnam and Harm went Mission MIA as a teenager to Southeast Asia not knowing the Soviet Union had his father.  Then he went to the Naval Academy followed by being a F-14 pilot. After some years his father had a son in Russia who became a Russian Army helicopter pilot.

The series started then Lieutenant Rabb was the hotshot guy in the JAG working directly under the Judge Advocate General.  In the second season promoted to Lt Commander along with then Major McKenzie joining the show as a counterpart as his assistant was ditched to two traded back and forth as "the guy" and the guy the Admiral had temporarily in the doghouse as they both rose from O-4 to O-7 for the finale in rank

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Raja said:

A bit more his father was shot down MIA in Vietnam and Harm went Mission MIA as a teenager to Southeast Asia not knowing the Soviet Union had his father.  Then he went to the Naval Academy followed by being a F-14 pilot. After some years his father had a son in Russia who became a Russian Army helicopter pilot.

The series started then Lieutenant Rabb was the hotshot guy in the JAG working directly under the Judge Advocate General.  In the second season promoted to Lt Commander along with then Major McKenzie joining the show as a counterpart as his assistant was ditched to two traded back and forth as "the guy" and the guy the Admiral had temporarily in the doghouse as they both rose from O-4 to O-7 for the finale in rank

With the whole story it now makes sense. In the beginning of the JAG dialog nothing was realistic much less made sense.

Thanks for the clarification.

2 hours ago, JayDub said:

With the whole story it now makes sense. In the beginning of the JAG dialog nothing was realistic much less made sense.

Thanks for the clarification.

Not to get too off topic, but if you get the Heroes & Icons channel, it's airing JAG, so you can, if you are so inclined, get a better sense of the character and it not be a whuut? seeing Harm land the plane in this show. I will warn that the first season SUCKS majorly except for the parts that deal with Harm and subplots dealing with his dad; it's just so godawful, with ripping off scenes from Clear and Present Danger and Hunt for Red October. I mean, literally taking scenes from those movies and editing it into the episodes. It gets better once John M. Jackson joins the show as Chegwidden in episode 14. But the show really gets better from Season 2 on. The last two seasons sucked.

Season 1 was on NBC and I'm sure the network "influenced" the show.  Also it was 1995-1996, which was (ulp) a generation ago!  It was pretty dreadful, and very sex-charged.  They added Andrea Thompson to the cast (she always bugs me) and John M. Jackson (he always charms me), and NBC cancelled it.

But CBS picked it up and let DPB do it better, and they got nine more seasons.

I've just put together that W.K. Stratton, who was a go-to for all of DPB's pilots, was in the JAG pilot as Ted Lindsey, the JAG lawyer who pulled the stunt of picking up Rabb as he was running on the Mall in a helicopter to immediately send him to a carrier in the Med.  Presumably the gag kind of back-fired because POTUS happened to be running on the Mall at the same time with his Secret Service detail.  Ramifications were not shown on Show beyond the sick look on Lindsey's face as he realized who that was, but oddly enough in NCIS Show's backdoor pilot it was Ted Lindsey who framed Rabb for what's-her-name's murder.  The cold dish of revenge?

(why do i remember all of this so clearly?)

• Love 2
20 minutes ago, kassygreene said:

but oddly enough in NCIS Show's backdoor pilot it was Ted Lindsey who framed Rabb for what's-her-name's murder.  The cold dish of revenge?

(why do i remember all of this so clearly?)

Yeah. I've never understood why Lindsey had it in for Harm, when it was Chegwidden's job he wanted. And it's sad because both got along in the dreadful first season. Yup, moirdered Lt. Singer*, who was leaving the show.

*Played by Nanci Chambers, David's wife. And I think she left because she was pregnant.

Okay, now I'll really shut up about JAG since this is NCIS: L.A.!

3 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Not to get too off topic, but if you get the Heroes & Icons channel, it's airing JAG, so you can, if you are so inclined, get a better sense of the character and it not be a whuut? seeing Harm land the plane in this show. I will warn that the first season SUCKS majorly except for the parts that deal with Harm and subplots dealing with his dad; it's just so godawful, with ripping off scenes from Clear and Present Danger and Hunt for Red October. I mean, literally taking scenes from those movies and editing it into the episodes. It gets better once John M. Jackson joins the show as Chegwidden in episode 14. But the show really gets better from Season 2 on. The last two seasons sucked.

Thanks

• Love 1
14 hours ago, Raja said:

07 is an Admiral.

2 hours ago, kassygreene said:

And I forgot to say that if you have CBS All Access they have the complete series.

Screw CBS. I'm paying $152 now to Comcast plus another amount for Netflix and I'll be dammed if I'm going to pay them more money for their stable of shitty shows.

• Love 1
On 5/13/2019 at 11:50 AM, HurricaneVal said:

Also?  Didn't David James Elliot play a different character on the show?  A veteran with what, dementia or traumatic brain injury, who was needed for a case?  Maybe they were trying to have DJE play Rabb as extra stiff so as to not call back to that other character.  I dunno...

That was on Scorpion. I quit watching that show a while back, but I remember that episode.

(edited)
21 hours ago, Rambler said:

Well, except for the part when he landed the plane and was walking towards Sam and Callen. They were staring at him with such a look of awe on their faces that I was half expecting them to ask for his autograph. 🤩

I just assumed they could hear the JAG theme music playing in the background as Harm arrived, like I could. 😁😍

Edited by kickingnames
Do doo doo do dooo....
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, kickingnames said:

I just assumed they could hear the JAG theme music playing in the background as Harm arrived, like I could. 😁 😍

The reason I instantly expected to see Harmon Rabb was not just the J.A.G. theme (refrefreshed in my mind, as noted, from H&I now running the series), but from having seen Chegwidden make a recent appearance on the show. Playing the theme was a cool salute. But the writers aren't as in awe of Captain Rabb as Sam and Callen were. He wasn't that hostile and ramroddish when he was a JAG officer. I wonder if he'll show any appreciation when NCIS finds his embedded ISIS agent for him.

(edited)
2 hours ago, Bobbin said:

But the writers aren't as in awe of Captain Rabb as Sam and Callen were. He wasn't that hostile and ramroddish when he was a JAG officer. I wonder if he'll show any appreciation when NCIS finds his embedded ISIS agent for him.

Actually, except for when he worked with that one NCIS agent in “Yesterday’s Child”, Harm has always disliked dealing with NCIS. Going back to the first season finale and then of course, the back door pilot of original recipe NCIS on JAG when Gibbs arrested him for Singer’s murder.

And maybe it’s my Rabb/David James Elliott tinted glasses, but I didn’t detect any hostility from Harm toward Sam and Callen. 🤷‍♀️

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 1

On JAG, the JAGMAN investigators, normally Colonel McKenzie and Captain Rabb were the supreme investigators in the Department of the Navy, While other agencies might do their job proficiently if anything out of the ordinary happen they would resort to their set prejudices. To cross franchises like Lt Provenza of The Closer/Major Crimes where it was a running joke that with all the who dunn'it murders he always started with the husband did it and it took a lot to force him to look at someone else.

I’m tired of all the JAG discussion this is for  NCIS Los  Angeles ! I realize JAG is included fur the Season Finale but the whole discussion lately is more about the JAG characters and it is becoming annoying ! Sorry if I offend anyone but I miss the season finale being about the NCIS Los Angeles characters and saw no reason to bring on  the JAG connection ! 

• Love 5
On 5/15/2019 at 1:28 PM, kassygreene said:

And I forgot to say that if you have CBS All Access they have the complete series.

CBS All Access is missing a lot of episodes.  For some seasons they only have 2 or 3.  I did the free trial just to watch Jag and was seriously disappointed

(edited)
1 hour ago, CountryCrazy said:

I’m tired of all the JAG discussion this is for  NCIS Los  Angeles ! I realize JAG is included fur the Season Finale but the whole discussion lately is more about the JAG characters and it is becoming annoying ! Sorry if I offend anyone but I miss the season finale being about the NCIS Los Angeles characters and saw no reason to bring on  the JAG connection ! 

While I was a JAG fan, I also agree, this is a NCIS LA forum, not a JAG one.  It was ok to bring everyone who wasn't a JAG fan, up to speed, we need to go back to talking NCIS LA. I think we will get those unanswered questions, but the JAG characters will still be a supporting role to the current NCIS LA Characters.  

I have this feeling that Nell's Mother might pass, therefore Nell and Eric will remain in LA.  Kensi and Deeks will ultimately decide to stay in NCIS.  As will Sam.  I just don't know what their plans are with Callen.  They left Joelle and Anna in Cuba and his Dad is "gone".  I get why he needed to be back at work.  He is lost in some ways.  That was why he came back to work when everyone thought he was taking time off.  Callen's family is the OSP in NCIS LA.  They are the ones who have been there consistently for him in the last 10 years.  

Edited by LittlePeas3
more thoughts happened after I hit post.
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, CountryCrazy said:

I agree. Some background on the Harm character was fine but this went over the top.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, LittlePeas3 said:

I just don't know what their plans are with Callen.  They left Joelle and Anna in Cuba and his Dad is "gone".  I get why he needed to be back at work.  He is lost in some ways.

FINALLY, someone said it to Callen, "You're very damaged." It's about time the writers addressed his state of mind. If any team needs an operational psychologist, it's this team--and of all the team members (including Nell & Eric), Callen is the ONLY team member who hasn't had a session on the doctor's couch. I hope they handle this in S11 because they need to. No one can go through everything he's gone through & NOT need some help. Sure, he internalizes & compartmentalizes his emotions, but that doesn't mean he's mentally healthy. It just means he's suppressing them, & he doesn't have the support system the other team members have. Since the series began he's been shot & almost killed, found out about his sister's death, been beaten & almost burned alive, been waterboarded by a fellow agent, been betrayed by Joelle, failed his best friend, almost lost Hetty, had his father ripped away & his sister shun him, was seriously injured in Mexico, had to testify at Anna's hearing, saw Anna sentenced to prison, watched her "killed," been tortured, left Anna behind at her request, brought his father home only to see him die a few days later. Like Nate told Hetty about Sam after he was tortured, the effects are cumulative.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, 123BP said:

Callen is the ONLY team member who hasn't had a session on the doctor's couch

In the history of the show, Callen has rejected help from everyone, including Nate, in all that he's been through. And Hetty has let him get away with it. I understand, from seing his mother killed to being shuffled from one abusive foster home to another, but it's way past time to call him out. Star Trek never let any of its characters grieve until the TNG movie "Generations" when Picard lost his brother and nephew. Escapist TV shows are allowed to deal with reality sometimes, and Callen is a top sympathetic character to take on that roll. I've been a grief support group leader for many years -- grief comes from many different losses (and Callen has suffered from just about all of them in one form or another); it will wait for however long it takes until we're ready to deal with it, or until we're too worn down to keep it at bay. Callen's time has come to get real. Nate needs to insist on it.

• Love 2
27 minutes ago, Bobbin said:

In the history of the show, Callen has rejected help from everyone, including Nate, in all that he's been through. And Hetty has let him get away with it. I understand, from seing his mother killed to being shuffled from one abusive foster home to another, but it's way past time to call him out. Star Trek never let any of its characters grieve until the TNG movie "Generations" when Picard lost his brother and nephew. Escapist TV shows are allowed to deal with reality sometimes, and Callen is a top sympathetic character to take on that roll. I've been a grief support group leader for many years -- grief comes from many different losses (and Callen has suffered from just about all of them in one form or another); it will wait for however long it takes until we're ready to deal with it, or until we're too worn down to keep it at bay. Callen's time has come to get real. Nate needs to insist on it.

Nate is probably the only shrink Callen may talk to.  He has such trust issues, there is no way he would open up to a random person.  However, doesn't the guy who plays Nate have a role on another show these days?  This may be one of the reasons this hasn't been addressed.  

16 hours ago, 123BP said:

FINALLY, someone said it to Callen, "You're very damaged." It's about time the writers addressed his state of mind.

Yep. It's time. The guy can't be mentally healthy after everything the past few seasons, let alone his entire life. He must be feeling really guilty after Nikita's trade and Anna's conviction (especially after hearing that she was put on a self-harm watch). I can't imagine that's he's sleeping very well. And I don't see Alex forgiving Callen. Jake was upset after his grandma died. How's he going to feel after his grandpa dies a couple of days after he comes back? And Alex will probably blame Callen.

8 hours ago, LittlePeas3 said:

However, doesn't the guy who plays Nate have a role on another show these days?  This may be one of the reasons this hasn't been addressed.  

I think Peter was on another show when he came back in S8 to meet with Kensi, so I don't think that's the reason. My guess is the writers just haven't gotten around to it. Callen could meet with another psychiatrist--I mean he could be required to to keep his job--but I liked the scenes between Callen and Nate, so I hope they bring Nate back if they decide to explore this more.

• Love 1
19 hours ago, LittlePeas3 said:

They are the ones who have been there consistently for him in the last 10 years.  

Well, they weren't "there" for him much the past few seasons. It's the writers, but still--no one on the team asked how he was doing after Anna was sentenced or after she was in the hospital. As for his dad, the only comment Sam made was, "We'll find him." Uh, no you didn't; Anna did. I get that Callen's a loner, but still one of the worst things you can do is leave someone completely alone when they're going through tough times. (Noticed Deeks didn't invite Callen to his iHop breakfast with Rogers.)

This stuff with Callan and his mental state are a little over the top. Everyone is wired different. Some people need to talk to a shrink and other people internalize everything and deal with it individually.

Callan could be one of those people. Then again maybe he needs to talk to someone. Working that out on a TV show IMHO is a bad place to figure it out.

21 hours ago, JayDub said:

This stuff with Callan and his mental state are a little over the top. Everyone is wired different. Some people need to talk to a shrink and other people internalize everything and deal with it individually.

No matter how a person is "wired," everybody needs a way to release emotional tension and deal with emotionally devastating events, and the fact that people think they don't is one of the biggest myths--and probably a reason for emotional breakdowns. Even Spock--who was only half human--felt emotional tension and had to find a release, and Callen is definitely NOT Spock. After everything that this character has been through in the 10 seasons, the writers need to address this imo. To not do so just doesn't make any sense and it dehumanizes his character. His losses match Sam's in many ways, and yet Sam was given his cathartic moment. Even Kensi and Deeks--who have not suffered such devastating losses during the show--have been given their emotional moments. It's more than time that the writers figured out how to let Callen release what he's internalized for all these years. NCISLA is a drama, after all.

On 5/17/2019 at 8:49 AM, ymeagain said:

I think Peter was on another show when he came back in S8 to meet with Kensi, so I don't think that's the reason.

I think he might have been and he came back for TWO episodes with Kensi, didn't he?

• Love 1
(edited)

I'm guessing the cast of The Rookie was pursuing all options in case of non-renewal. The 2nd actor from that show to turn up abruptly on another show.

Alyssa Diaz:

diaz.JPG.090d7939e1904594a61aff58237f12eb.JPG

Edited by preeya
12 minutes ago, KittenPokerCheater said:

So are the actors who play Nell and Eric leaving the show?  It certain seems like it.

But honestly, I think I'm done with the show.

I guess we'll find out in September. I hate cliffhangers.

Not a bad episode. The cliffhanger isn't as nerve-wracking this time around. And I thought it was a decent threat they came up with. It was fun to see Harm and Mac again although I really didn't like but they ended up apart. Also good to see Hetty starting to stick her fingers into things again as well.

• Love 3

I am hoping Mac and Harm being apart was so that the outraged JAG fans bombard CBS with requests to bring JAG back and voila, the end is not written yet lol.

"Burnt on the outside, bloody on the inside ... like my enemies." - Khaleesi of the Office of Special Projects

• Love 3
3 hours ago, KittenPokerCheater said:

So are the actors who play Nell and Eric leaving the show?  It certain seems like it.

It's time again for contract negotiations, probably.

Ugh. Mac and Harm making googoo eyes on the brink of WWIII. How unprofessional of them. "I just made this urgent top secret call to say that we don't know anything. But while I'm on the line.... 💕"

Interesting timing, with a real crisis (maybe) brewing in the Persian Gulf. Which is imitating which?

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Nothing of substance here ....

Why do beautiful women undergo a knife to “look” beautiful?  What part of being beautiful needs to be improved on in order to “look” beautiful.  

Mac’s mouth.

Holy cheese and rice!

6 hours ago, preeya said:

I guess we'll find out in September. I hate cliffhangers.

Me too, But I think they will stay, just following my gut. 

8 hours ago, preeya said:

I'm guessing the cast of The Rookie was pursuing all options in case of non-renewal. The 2nd actor from that show to turn up abruptly on another show.

Alyssa Diaz:

diaz.JPG.090d7939e1904594a61aff58237f12eb.JPG

Was she the one who kidnapped the Muslim man after running him down?  The reservist who had worked as an interpreter in Afghanistan and was trying to catch the cousin who was kidnapping wannabe actresses and shipping them overseas to be ISIS brides?  I think it was season 8, while Kensi was still in a coma. 

5 hours ago, threebluestars said:

"Burnt on the outside, bloody on the inside ... like my enemies." - Khaleesi of the Office of Special Projects

This has to be one of my favourite Hetty quotes ever.  

1 hour ago, Ellee said:

Nothing of substance here ....

Why do beautiful women undergo a knife to “look” beautiful?  What part of being beautiful needs to be improved on in order to “look” beautiful.  

Mac’s mouth.

Holy cheese and rice!

I was thinking something similar.  She looks strange now 😞 

Random thoughts: 

Since there are 2 epsiodes of next season already filmed, I think they have left the potential for a Harm/Mac reunion possible.  It would have been cool if they could entwine Admiral Chegwidden back into the throng, just to make me happy 🙂 . 

Sam, running through the ships corridors, makes me chuckle.  He is just too big a stature to run fast (this is also nothing of substance). 

I really would have thought that Sam and/or Callen would have been stationed near to the computer room to catch the next person playing that game, not interrogating the already caught guy.  He wasn't telling anyone much.  I also find it hard to believe he didn't have friends and know who the other 3 were, considering the one playing the game rounded up the other 2 pretty quickly. 

I find it bizarre there wasn't an escape hatch from the CIA containers, maybe there is and Sabatino, Kensi, Deeks and the Seal will get out that way.  

I am sure there will be more random thoughts, there are a few months before the next episode, so there is plenty of time to come up with the what ifs... Just glad they were all alive and kicking at the end of this episode and not in an up-turned suv that was on fire.  

• Love 1
(edited)

I would have thought with two men dead already that if a third man was running away from the Seals,  Sam and Callen that someone would have tripped him or blocked him in some way and not move out of the way.  Just me?

If Nell and/or Eric are leaving the show, I’d much prefer someone like Hidoko take his or her place.  Don’t remember this one’s name. Just remember she talked/barked way too fast.  Maybe Hetty’s “play nice” was directed at her.    

I absolutely loved the reaction when the Seal team recognized and acknowledged Sam and his very special history as a Seal.  Giggled when Callen introduced himself in the very same manner and no reaction from anyone. “They” do this from time to time with no apparent change in Sam/Callen’s relationship.  The part I like the best actually. 😄  

Thought of one more ... Eric’s kissing Hetty’s cheek and his ‘Thanks, Hetty, for everything’. Was this to keep us wondering or a summation of Eric’s time on the show?

Edited by Ellee
  • Love 2
39 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

One word. BULLSHIT. And I'll take the rest of my thoughts over to the JAG thread.

Oh. I will say that this new person Diaz, got on my every last nerve with her obnoxiousness and smugness.

She likely won't be back as The Rookie was renewed.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, Bobbin said:

Ugh. Mac and Harm making googoo eyes on the brink of WWIII. How unprofessional of them. "I just made this urgent top secret call to say that we don't know anything. But while I'm on the line.... 💕"

I never watched JAG. Were Harm & Mac married, lovers, or just co-workers?

38 minutes ago, preeya said:

I never watched JAG. Were Harm & Mac married, lovers, or just co-workers?

They were co-workers and friends who were in love with each other. The show finally had them say it to each other five minutes before the series ended, and Harm proposed.

(edited)
52 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

They were co-workers and friends who were in love with each other. The show finally had them say it to each other five minutes before the series ended, and Harm proposed.

Thanks. The way it looked in the episode was that they could have been a divorced married couple or jilted lovers.

How long ago did JAG end?

Edited by preeya
8 minutes ago, preeya said:

Thanks. The way it looked in the episode was that they could have been a divorced married couple or jilted lovers.

How long ago did JAG end?

2005, a couple of years after spinning off NCIS. My conspiracy theory is that it is a ploy to get the JAG fans back for the second episode following the cliffhanger for the wedding 

22 minutes ago, preeya said:

Frank Military, who wrote this episode, left it so vague, it was frustrating. You had Mac telling Hetty that she hadn't seen Harm in 9 years; that they were engaged; then another line about how they couldn't make it work, which made me think, so, did they get married and then divorce? Or just break off the engagement after five years??! I'm pissed. Because I really thought Grimmel would give me the answer I wanted: that yes, Harm and Mac, after everything they'd been through together, DID make it work. Instead I get this insulting piece of bullshit.

• Love 5

This was a decent show, not convoluted and semi-relevant with current affairs in the Mideast.

I could have gone all day without the character Diaz played but overall decent show. 

The Russian with his bondage mistress was priceless.

And Deeks and Kesni saying I love you was good.

Hetty  getting involved was very good.

As for Mac and Harm don't know enough about JAG to care.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Frank Military, who wrote this episode, left it so vague, it was frustrating.

Military used to be a good writer before he started writing Densi fan fiction. He wrote a lot for Sam (Little Angels, Greed, Out of the Past), but he could also write for the entire cast (Black Budget, Rage, The Seventh Child). Seventh Child was when he started the Densi fan fic thing, but it didn't detract from the power of the main story. He could still write some good non-Densi stories (Crazy Train) into S8, but since S9 he's pretty much all Densi: 5 of his last 7 eps have all focused on Densi and "I love you more than anything in the world" scenes. Guess marriage doesn't change some things. lol