Type keyword(s) to search

Got Questions?: We've Got Answers!

• Start Topic

Maybe we will siblings for John as a way to bring in new characters. 

I still don't understand the John isn't an Alamain storyline?  John was adopted by them, that was always part of his history. His adoption has nothing to do with changing his paternity. Are they just reiterating that or did I miss something?

No, John was still adopted by the Alamains. However, the reason behind the adoption, Stefano's wife (Johns birth mother) and Mama Alamian were sisters as retconned. I always that this connection, which made Tony and John brothers should have been left, espcially when the show appeared to be going the the speculated on route that it would be revealed that Shawn Brady was John's bio dad. So many crap storylines could have been prevented. Had he been revealed to be real Roman and WN was fake Roman, damn near two and a half decades of crappy stories (especially plastic faced, mumble-mouthed, Fauxman) could have been prevented.

• Love 2

No, John was still adopted by the Alamains. However, the reason behind the adoption, Stefano's wife (Johns birth mother) and Mama Alamian were sisters as retconned. I always that this connection, which made Tony and John brothers should have been left, espcially when the show appeared to be going the the speculated on route that it would be revealed that Shawn Brady was John's bio dad. So many crap storylines could have been prevented. Had he been revealed to be real Roman and WN was fake Roman, damn near two and a half decades of crappy stories (especially plastic faced, mumble-mouthed, Fauxman) could have been prevented.

No, I understand all this.  I was referring to why John is now regarded as "not an Alamain" considering him being an Alamain was always through adoption.  Weather Daphne, Colleen, or someone new being his mother doesn't affect the Alamain adoption.

No, I understand all this.  I was referring to why John is now regarded as "not an Alamain" considering him being an Alamain was always through adoption.  Weather Daphne, Colleen, or someone new being his mother doesn't affect the Alamain adoption.

I know. I'm just speculating about the rationale behind this now being John's obsession. I mean if all you were left with for family was CooCoo for CoaCoa Puffs Vivian and Asshat Lawrence, you too might be desperate for anyone else, even likely dead someone elses to call your own. In essence, it makes little sense. Maybe the last time Theresa clocked John he forgot that all of his searches have been pointless debacles.

• Love 1

LP, Is that the one that Jen went to close up for the season a while back, and that guy she was dating not dating came to and attacked her at?  The one you have to take a ferry to get to?  How is Ben teleporting back and forth between Salem and that place?

I have another question.  I sort of recall a storyline where Hope was trying to kill Bo, and maybe other people too?  What was that about, did she have a tumour?

• Love 1

LP, Is that the one that Jen went to close up for the season a while back, and that guy she was dating not dating came to and attacked her at?  The one you have to take a ferry to get to?  How is Ben teleporting back and forth between Salem and that place?

I have another question.  I sort of recall a storyline where Hope was trying to kill Bo, and maybe other people too?  What was that about, did she have a tumour?

That's the one. I'm assuming Serial Killer is taking a teleporter back and forth or using magic.

Hope started taking sleeping pills for reasons I can't remember. The pills fucked with her head and she committed a series of muggings, all male victims. Abe, Justin, E.J., Brady, Roman, and the DA. This culminated in her trying to set Bo on fire.

• Love 2

Hahaha!  Thanks for that flashback, I hope my sleeping pills don't have the same affect.

I feel like the Horton cabin looks different from the one Jen went to close up.  Hey, and that is also the one where EJ and Abs did the nasty, right!  Ohhh, kismet.

• Love 1

Did Ciara ever have a significant storyline? Or were her appearances sporadic, like they were the past year or so?

I recall Ciara messing with the pictures of Kristin paying off the man who mugged Brady right before Marlena got them in time to keep Brady from marrying Kristin. I don't think she knowingly kept evidence from Hope, but she certainly took the envelope with the pictures at some point and later got a lecture from Mom.

There was also that weird storyline where Ciara had picked up on Bo still having feelings for Billie and she shredded Billie clothing.  I think I am remembering that correctly or maybe it was Carly.

• Love 1

Who is this pocket you are all talking about ?

Pocket is Tyler Kiriakis, who is Phillip and Mimi's biological son.  This was during the period of "The Black Glove" storyline (which was EJ and Patrick). Belle and Phillip were married and Shawn and Mimi were married both were trying to conceive and their samples were intentionally mixed up.

The Black Glove storyline, the most entertaining part was EJ and his pseudo-sexual relationship with Patrick Lockhart, where he would enjoy beating Patrick with his belt.  I always wondered where they were going with that storyline.

• Love 2

Can anyone tell me how the kids all grew up over night? I missed a couple of episodes and one day they are like 12 maybe and now they look and act 16 or more? Ciara grew about 2 feet. Kinda messed me all up. All these teens were running around at the anniversary thing and I had no idea what was going on. I hope this doesn't offend anyone but the kid playing Theo did such a fantastic job of playing an autistic child and now the new kid doesn't seem to have any issues at all? That also confused me. Don't get me wrong, I am glad there is a new girl playing Ciara for sure... she bugged me but I have to know how they explained the growth spurts of all the kids in town.

• Love 1

There was also that weird storyline where Ciara had picked up on Bo still having feelings for Billie and she shredded Billie clothing.  I think I am remembering that correctly or maybe it was Carly.

It was Carly. Ciara despised her..I am sad that we never saw Shawn-Douglas interact with Carly as an adult..She  was such a good stepmom to him..I remember how she saved his life and I remember he was going deaf and she was instrumental in helping him. Shawn-Douglas and Will were the only legacy children that actually were characters in their own right and not just there looking cute....I still remember Shawn-Douglas seeing Hope as Gina for the first time and having such a visceral reaction to her..He thought that she was a ghost and started to talk to her and  he touched and realized that she was real..He had  a meltdown...It was a touching scene..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2

It was Carly. Ciara despised her..I am sad that we never saw Shawn-Douglas interact with Carly as an adult..She  was such a good stepmom to him..I remember how she saved his life and I remember he was going deaf and she was instrumental in helping him. Shawn-Douglas and Will were the only legacy children that actually were characters in their own right and not just there looking cute....I still remember Shawn-Douglas seeing Hope as Gina for the first time and having such a visceral reaction to her..He thought that she was a ghost and started to talk to her and she he touched and realized that she was real..He had  a meltdown...It was a touching scene...

It was Carly. Ciara despised her..I am sad that we never saw Shawn-Douglas interact with Carly as an adult..She  was such a good stepmom to him..I remember how she saved his life and I remember he was going deaf and she was instrumental in helping him. Shawn-Douglas and Will were the only legacy children that actually were characters in their own right and not just there looking cute....I still remember Shawn-Douglas seeing Hope as Gina for the first time and having such a visceral reaction to her..He thought that she was a ghost and started to talk to her and she he touched and realized that she was real..He had  a meltdown...It was a touching scene...

Thanks for clarifying that.  As I was typing I remembered that Billie did live with Bo and Hope for a while but that was before Ciara was born, so it might have been Carly.

• Love 1

Hope and Carly never made sense as rivals to me...In fact, I could see the two ladies being friends despite being in a triangle with Bo..Carly brought joy back in Hope's family's life after she was presumed dead..Carly saved  Shawn-Douglas' life and for that alone Hope and Carly should have gotten along..It pissed me off how the town of Salem turned on Carly...They had amnesia on how good she was to the people of Salem...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3

Can anyone tell me how the kids all grew up over night? I missed a couple of episodes and one day they are like 12 maybe and now they look and act 16 or more? Ciara grew about 2 feet. Kinda messed me all up. All these teens were running around at the anniversary thing and I had no idea what was going on. I hope this doesn't offend anyone but the kid playing Theo did such a fantastic job of playing an autistic child and now the new kid doesn't seem to have any issues at all? That also confused me. Don't get me wrong, I am glad there is a new girl playing Ciara for sure... she bugged me but I have to know how they explained the growth spurts of all the kids in town.

Theo is still autistic..Joey had to explain to him that Kayla was not going to literally kill him, when he said that in front of Theo who was alarmed by that statement...The show never made any type of explanation for the kids' overnight growth spurt..You just have to roll with it...lol..It is  just like when Belle and Brady became teens after Marlena and John came bacl from their honeymoon. They were toddlers with Will at their wedding. lol  I always thought that it was a mistake for the show to age Brady and Belle so fast..They should have been in the same generation as Abigail...Abigail and Brady were born in the same year...Plus, Belle should have grown up in real time with Will...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2

Theo is still definitely autistic. As noted above, we got the killing explaination plus Joey talking about Theo and his baseball facts. I like the portrayal. Far too often, when shows do autistic, they fail to do the spectrum that kids like Theo are on. He always was high functioning and the type of autism Theo is displaying corresponds with what I see in kids everyday.

• Love 5

Welcome to the World of SORAS. (Soap Opera Rapidly Aging Syndrome).  If you google away, you will see plenty of definitions/examples.  Like all other daytime shows, DOOL has often accelerated younger characters into teens very quickly, often abruptly.  There are underlying reasons (child labor laws), but for the most part, it's because the producers/networks think that viewers will watch storylines involving young people.

DOOL has been pretty good about not abusing the SORAS.  The last major SORAS-ing was almost 20 years ago when Belle, Brady, and Philip were all aged quickly, bringing them into the ShawnDouglas age range.  The latest round of SORAS-ing will put Joey, Ciara, Chase, Claire, and Theo all into that mid-teen mix. They will carry the storylines in 2016.

Nearly all legacy DOOL characters have been put into the SORAS machine.  Sometimes its subtle (Hope), sometimes extreme (Philip, Elvis), and sometimes characters get de-SORASed (Abigail). And some get SORAS-ed, right-sized, then de-SORASed (Mike Horton).

Edited by SanDiegoInExile

I have another question. I sort of recall a storyline where Hope was trying to kill Bo, and maybe other people too? What was that about, did she have a tumour?

Nighttime Hope (by far one of the worst storylines in the history of Days) was Hope being hooked on prescription drugs to help her sleep since she and Bo had problems with their marriage after Ciara was kidnapped and Carly Manning reentered the picture, she couldn't handle the stress. Dena Higley got this ridiculous storyline from watching a Dateline or Nightline segment on the dangers of these such drugs. Yeah a drug that turns a woman into a heroine by day and feminist man slayer by night. God I hope Dena Higley has learned her lesson from that storyline. Had my girl Hope looking crazy like that.

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 3

Late to the party here, but Abigail and Ben are definitely not in the Horton cabin. It looks quite different from when John and Marlena and Kristin were all there. This looks like a one-room place. How Ben got access to it, I do not know.

One of the worst SORASes on the show was of EJ DiMerra, Susan's baby son, who became a 20-something and older that Will even though he was born afterwards and therefore younger. Craziness there.

My question for today is whether Stefano was ever diagnosed as having diabetes. When Kristin is trying to convince Brady to move into the DiMansion with her, she brings it up like everyone in town already knows he has diabetes. Was this a significant plot point prior...? Or just a lie Kristin made up? Or the show writing-in Joe M's own health stuff (I hope not!)

• Love 1

My question for today is whether Stefano was ever diagnosed as having diabetes. When Kristin is trying to convince Brady to move into the DiMansion with her, she brings it up like everyone in town already knows he has diabetes. Was this a significant plot point prior...? Or just a lie Kristin made up? Or the show writing-in Joe M's own health stuff (I hope not!)

I believe the actor publicly acknowledged that he was being treated for diabetes.

It was a fairly dominant plot point in the final few years that Dr Alexandra Carver was alive.  She helped make the diagnosis and the show mentioned it quite often.  I am not exactly sure of the date/timeframe (maybe 2005-09?), but this was during the DiMera Rehabilitation Era, when Lexie and Elvis tried to get the rest of Salem to grudgingly accept that their family was just a normal bunch of Salemites.  DiMera Enterprises suddenly became a public company with a Board of Directors and folks were supposed to accept that DiMeras had changed their stripes.  This was also the Era of "Who Gets the Salem University Hospital Bed?", when over the course of 15-18 months, one of the dominant sets was a hospital room.  Stefano had a few diabetic issues that put him there at least a couple times.

Edited by SanDiegoInExile

When I returned to the show, I saw episodes with Chad and Theo and also heard Chad watching/spending time with Theo being mentioned. We're Chad and Theo close? If they were, I hope the show remembers that and gives them scenes together. I would also like to see Theo have scenes with Stefano, I remember them being close when Theo was younger.

• Love 1

Chad and Theo were pretty close back when Casey was playing Chad.  I don't seem to recall if Billy's Chad has had any scenes with Theo since he took over the role.  I also would like to see Theo and Stefano have some scenes together especially considering Joe M's health issues.  I know this is a long shot but would also love to see Theo have some scenes with Kate.  They had a really sweet relationship back when she was married to Stefano.

• Love 5

Yes, BF's Chad has had scenes with Theo. It was weaved into the triangle from hell, though. Ben "allowed"s Abi to hang out with Chad b/c of a play date with Theo. 

Kate had good scenes with Chad and Theo when she was married to Stefano. Seriously, this show wastes opportunities with Kate. Big time.

• Love 4

Yes they do. I want more Kate.

My question is: does everybody know now that Theresa knocked John into the coma? Does Brady? I was watching through all that but can't remember if it came out after John tried to cover to thwart Kristin....

I just watched a clip online from 2008 where Marlena is temporarily having dinner with someone claiming to be John's therapist, played by Sandra Ferguson (aka AW's Amanda Cory) until John walks up and she excuses herself on professional grounds.

Was this a one time role, or did Sandra appear in several episodes? I didn't know she did any more soap work after Another World...and I never knew John had therapy!

Edit: Okay, so apparently she went to GH and DAYS following AW, but her Salem stint was cut short because some advertiser pulled out and all the most expensive actors around her were let go (probably DH and DH?) so her character arc had to be cut short.

Edited by DisneyBoy

Sorry if this has been asked already...but how is it that Abigail and Chad are going to have a "magical" night?  I take that to mean.....s-e-x.   Didn't she just have a baby like....a week ago? I've had 3 kids, and after having your lady parts all stretched out (not to mention the bleeding) -- how is this possible????? 

• Love 3

Sorry if this has been asked already...but how is it that Abigail and Chad are going to have a "magical" night?  I take that to mean.....s-e-x.   Didn't she just have a baby like....a week ago? I've had 3 kids, and after having your lady parts all stretched out (not to mention the bleeding) -- how is this possible????? 

It's a magical HooHah, don't ya know?!!

Edited by swtrgrl
  • Love 3

Technically I think it's just a day ago by their time but hey that's Corday's version of romance. He thinks intimacy is sexy when your spouse is fantasizing about strangling you, your true love is just hours away from dying, you're with an engaged man, or you've just given birth. Now if it's Steve & Kayla though, then they have to resort to cut-away love scenes. Two mature single people that decide to be reunited just isn't sleazy enough for old Ken. 

• Love 4

When EJ was born, Susan had just married John before she was rushed to the hospital, where Kristen subbed herself in immediately after the birth.  Kristen decided she needed to seduce John right in the hospital bed the same day.  John, already the father of Brady, was surprised and asked the obstetrician if it was ok.  He was told to wait THREE DAYS.  

When EJ was born, Susan had just married John before she was rushed to the hospital, where Kristen subbed herself in immediately after the birth.  Kristen decided she needed to seduce John right in the hospital bed the same day.  John, already the father of Brady, was surprised and asked the obstetrician if it was ok.  He was told to wait THREE DAYS.  

Well that's a man ob/gyn for you. Apparently on Days everything is SORASed, even the healing process. 

HOW DID NO ONE TELL ME ABOUT THIS:

In November 2011, it was announced that Brynn Thayer would take over the role of Susan, since Davidson was committed to The Young and the Restless. Thayer made her appearance on December 7, 2011.[1]

....!?!?!  Susan was shown on the show before ED returned in 2012? How long was she on? For one episode? Where can I see it? Was it believable, or did it feel like an imitation of an already outlandish character?

I miss you Susan. Badly.

HOW DID NO ONE TELL ME ABOUT THIS:

....!?!?!  Susan was shown on the show before ED returned in 2012? How long was she on? For one episode? Where can I see it? Was it believable, or did it feel like an imitation of an already outlandish character?

I miss you Susan. Badly.

It was a very quick scene.  Brynn's face wasn't shown as Susan, just her body, and Brynn did a really good job on the Susan "voice".  The scene was a phone call between Hope and Susan.

This was when Alice Horton died and it was revealed that Alice had helped both Susan and Stefano with EJ when he was a baby.  After Stefano found EJ, Susan, and Edmund in England, EJ was sick as a toddler.  Apparently Alice helped use her connections to get EJ a great doctor overseas who could treat him.  Stefano owed Alice for helping with EJ.  This storyline led into the Hope and John are married storyline from a few years ago. 

• Love 1