Type keyword(s) to search

LuAnn de Lesseps: No Longer a Countess, Still Never a Princess

• Start Topic

Just now, WireWrap said:

but why do they show him turning 30 in 2016 when he is currently only 21! 

It says (sic) so it was most likely a typo in the original document that all parties accepted as an error and didn’t re-execute the documents.

• Love 1
Just now, biakbiak said:

It says (sic) so it was most likely a typo in the original document that all parties accepted as an error and didn’t re-execute the documents.

I don't understand how they could get his age off that badly, we are talking about over a decade in difference and as you pointed out, they don't list Victoria as the Counts daughter, only Noel.

(edited)
4 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

I don't understand how they could get his age off that badly, we are talking about over a decade in difference and as you pointed out, they don't list Victoria as the Counts daughter, only Noel.

I could be wrong but according to my calculations after a glass of wine, Noel will be 30 in 2026, so that would only be one digit off from 2016 to 2026. Could that be the mistake?

(His 15th birthday was September 30, 2011)

Edited by Happy Camper
  • Love 5
(edited)
3 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

You type one instead of 2 he will turn 30 in 2026.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, Happy Camper said:

I could be wrong but according to my calculations after a glass of wine, Noel will be 30 in 2026, so that would only be one digit off from 2016 to 2026. Could that be the mistake?

Yes, that would do it by what about Victoria's parentage and the fact that the document hasn't been verified/accepted by the courts yet? I'm not saying this is fake but I want to hear from 1 of the parties involved, especially Luann before I declare her despicable, which is what this makes her IMO. 

• Love 2
(edited)
5 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Yes, that would do it by what about Victoria's parentage

Victoria’s parentage is accurately  listed. It just oddly uses Alexandre’s first name which is weird in a legal document.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 1

Yes, that would do it by what about Victoria's parentage and the fact that the document hasn't been verified/accepted by the courts yet? I'm not saying this is fake but I want to hear from 1 of the parties involved, especially Luann before I declare her despicable, which is what this makes her IMO. 

Page 5 #9…marriage produced two children, Victoria and Noel.

39 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

I think I misread what they said about his age. It says "Said trust shall terminate on September, 27, 2016 (sic.) when the youngest child, Noel Alexandre De Lesseps, reaches the age of thirty." but again, that would make him 32 now, not 21 and it says the "trust shall TERMINATE" when he is 30! Does that mean that after he is 30 he/Victoria get nothing? This doesn't make sense to me, so can someone please explain it to me. LOL

I think that means that they have full access to all the money at 30 years of age. A trust is set up to help young adults SAVE money, and while trust exists they have to go to trustee (sometimes a third party attorney) to ask for money beyond whatever allowance is set up in the trust. So at 30, they would get all that is left in the trust and control that money on their own. This prevents a 21 year old from blowing through millions before they are more mature. 

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Taralightner said:

I think that means that they have full access to all the money at 30 years of age. A trust is set up to help young adults SAVE money, and while trust exists they have to go to trustee (sometimes a third party attorney) to ask for money beyond whatever allowance is set up in the trust. So at 30, they would get all that is left in the trust and control that money on their own. This prevents a 21 year old from blowing through millions before they are more mature. 

In other words, they still have 9 years before they get any money. I wonder if she thought leaving them everything when she dies was the same as setting up a trust (and Yes, I know they are different). No matter what, this looks really bad for her and will hurt her big time. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, WireWrap said:

Aren't they filming the reunion soon? Maybe we will get some answers from Luann about this!

Or we’ll get another WWHL at Lu’s house. This time Andy will bring a pot of tea, or a joint in lieu of the wine. 

I’m kidding about the joint ;) 

1 minute ago, WireWrap said:

In other words, they still have 9 years before they get any money. I wonder if she thought leaving them everything when she dies was the same as setting up a trust (and Yes, I know they are different). No matter what, this looks really bad for her and will hurt her big time. 

In most trusts, there are monthly allowances set up for the beneficiaries. They receive that allowance and have to go ask permission for more if they need it. When the trust ends, they get whatever is left after those allowances were paid during the time of the trust. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Happy Camper said:

I will wait until a statement comes out from someone that seems legit. 

I still have a sinking feeling.....I have been disappointed before, but this would really rock my housewife world.

Nahhh, I'm to the point that very little surprises me concerning any of the HWs, including the ones I like. They all mess up and they can all be nasty asses but I will wait until I hear from 1 of them and I see if she puts this right, right now. If she fights it, if it's true, then she goes back into the deplorable's category. 

• Love 4
(edited)

It would depend on how the trust was set up. Many are setup so you have access to at least the accrued interest if not the principal, allow for regularly withdrawals/allowances. The way it’s written is that they would be in complete control of all funds when Noel turned 30 but she hasn’t set up anything and is not protecting their interests.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Taralightner said:

Or we’ll get another WWHL at Lu’s house. This time Andy will bring a pot of tea, or a joint in lieu of the wine. 

I’m kidding about the joint ;) 

In most trusts, there are monthly allowances set up for the beneficiaries. They receive that allowance and have to go ask permission for more if they need it. When the trust ends, they get whatever is left after those allowances were paid during the time of the trust. 

At this point, who knows how their trust is supposed to be run but lets hope Andy asks her about it at the reunion and that she is honest in her answer. 

If they hold said talk in California or Colorado, then they can pass a joint to each other! LOL

• Love 2

I still have to wonder who gave the tabloids/TMZ/ROL/ the rest a heads up though? With the reunion set to film soon, I have to wonder who wants to hurt/destroy Luann THAT badly? Is it a HW, is it her recent ex/1 of his current gfs, WHO wants Luann to beg for scraps? If it's a HW, I think they will show their hand at the reunion though.   

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

I still have to wonder who gave the tabloids/TMZ/ROL/ the rest a heads up though? With the reunion set to film soon, I have to wonder who wants to hurt/destroy Luann THAT badly? Is it a HW, is it her recent ex/1 of his current gfs, WHO wants Luann to beg for scraps? If it's a HW, I think they will show their hand at the reunion though.   

If this is true, it would have to be someone in the family or close to family. The document was just filed yesterday.

• Love 2
Just now, hoodooznoodooz said:

This speaks volumes.

Yes and No, they just spent the 4 together and did a commercial for Bravo for the Momma Mia movie, so I'm not so sure they aren't speaking. No one knows when Victoria stopped following Luann do they? Was it recently?

(edited)
3 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Victoria stopped following Luann on IG.

I don't have a clue about IG. When did this happen?

Recent?

Edited to add: Sorry WW, didn't see your question until after I posted this!

Edited by Happy Camper

Yes. I believe she was following her on the 4th.

The Mamma Mia thing was probably filmed awhile ago they have legit been advertising that movie since December or January. I keep being shocked that it isn’t out yet.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, biakbiak said:

Yes. I believe she was following her on the 4th.

The Mamma Mia thing was probably filmed awhile ago they have legit been advertising that movie since December or January. I keep being shocked that it isn’t out yet.

It's a shame if she stopped following her because I doubt that she only found out right before they filed the lawsuit. 

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Tabloids have moles in the clerk's offices of the major jurisdictions where most celebrity news is generated. Filings come in & a clerk makes a phone call. Alternatively, tabloids can set up keyword alerts for public filings. 

The "not filed or accepted" is a red herring. It gets stamped when you submit your docs to the clerk, the paperwork just doesn't get processed until later, when it is scanned and routed into the relevant case folders. 

• Love 9

It's a shame if she stopped following her because I doubt that she only found out right before they filed the lawsuit. 

Well it could be as simple as they assumed Luann was going to play it straight and then she forced their hand.

• Love 6
Just now, xtwheeler said:

Tabloids have moles in the clerk's offices of the major jurisdictions where most celebrity news is generated. Filings come in & a clerk makes a phone call. Alternatively, tabloids can set up keyword alerts for public filings. 

The "not filed or accepted" is a red herring. It gets stamped when you submit your docs to the clerk, the paperwork just doesn't get processed until later, when it is scanned and routed into the relevant case folders. 

Thanks for the info. I want to hear someone involved reveal what's going on. I hope Andy brings this up at the reunion and/or Luann addresses it on a WWHL show in the next few weeks, so far, she hasn't acknowledge it on SM and neither has Victoria.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Well it could be as simple as they assumed Luann was going to play it straight and then she forced their hand.

The paper work was just filed but I would think they knew about much longer than a couple of weeks. Who knows at this point? LOL Lets hope Andy/the others grill her at the reunion about this. No matter what, this is going to hurt her in the long run even if she makes it right now, the damage is done now. 

• Love 4
(edited)

The paper work was just filed but I would think they knew about much longer than a couple of weeks. Who knows at this point? LOL Lets hope Andy/the others grill her at the reunion about this. No matter what, this is going to hurt her in the long run even if she makes it right now, the damage is done now. 

If this document turns out to be proven bogus, and / or if the Count/Victoria/Noel come forward with a statement that this report is fake, then I think that Lu's rep is still intact and Radar will look foolish.

Edited by Happy Camper
added the word: proven
  • Love 1

So the Count basically waived his rights to the house in favor of the kids getting it is what I take away from the court case.  And Luann agreed that the kids would get the Count's half of the house, but it would be held in trust for them until Noel was 30.  When she sold the first house, she bought a smaller one, which makes sense, because she'd have to downsize eventually to pay them out their half, she should have put their $4M into the trust, but she didn't.  She pocketed the remaining $5M after paying for the second house, which she's talking about selling, and depending on what her finances are, that could leave the kids screwed.  

Inheritance is a weird thing.  If Luann and Tom had stayed together and she hadn't put the house in trust (or the money), then it would have passed directly to Tom, without the kids getting a penny.  I'm honestly surprised she didn't take care of things before getting married.

• Love 13
7 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

It alleges that she is looking for a quick sale on her house which she only listed mid-June so it’s been less than a month since they might have realized they were not on the deed. I doubt either of them looked into it when she bought the house because of their ages so it would make sense that these things were coming to ahead when Lu is trying to sell her house.

• Love 4
(edited)
15 minutes ago, Happy Camper said:

If this document turns out to be proven bogus, and / or if the Count/Victoria/Noel come forward with a statement that this report is fake, then I think that Lu's rep is still intact and Radar will look foolish.

Some people will still believe the story no matter what the truth is.

14 minutes ago, smores said:

So the Count basically waived his rights to the house in favor of the kids getting it is what I take away from the court case.  And Luann agreed that the kids would get the Count's half of the house, but it would be held in trust for them until Noel was 30.  When she sold the first house, she bought a smaller one, which makes sense, because she'd have to downsize eventually to pay them out their half, she should have put their $4M into the trust, but she didn't.  She pocketed the remaining $5M after paying for the second house, which she's talking about selling, and depending on what her finances are, that could leave the kids screwed.  

Inheritance is a weird thing.  If Luann and Tom had stayed together and she hadn't put the house in trust (or the money), then it would have passed directly to Tom, without the kids getting a penny.  I'm honestly surprised she didn't take care of things before getting married.

In the article it says that she borrowed money against their marital house before she sold it, 3 million and then had to pay that off when she sold the house for 8 m. She bought the Sag Harbor house for just over a million (1.3) but put on a second story, added a separate small house (think in law suit for Noel) in back as well as updating the rest of the house. I'm not sure how much that all cost but I'm sure it wasn't cheap either. This may be why she is selling the Sag Harbor to begin with, if she makes enough in the sale, it will allow her to fund the trust and buy a nice home in the Berkshire area. If this is true, the lawsuit, it may be nothing more than her ex/the kids making sure she does just that with the sale of the house but nonetheless, sham on Luann for not doing it the right way as soon as she bought the Sag Harbor house.

Oh and if she has been giving the kids money from the initial house sale how much have they gone through and how much should be in the trust for them in the future?

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 8
33 minutes ago, geauxaway said:

I’m so confused!!  Wasn’t she just hugging on the count a week ago???  So they were all set to sue her but just played happy 4th of July family?  Da fuq?

Stranger things have happened. A friend of mine had a wonderful Christmas, only to be served with divorce papers the next day.

• Love 10
9 hours ago, smores said:

I still don't have a handle on what's going on, but honestly that Victoria and Noel would also be plaintiffs doesn't truly surprise me. I think LuAnn has largely been hands off with her kids that they probably see her as the person who gave them half their DNA who sometimes is around to be "cool mom." Her major focus has always seemed to me to make sure that she has someone, anyone on her arm, so if this case and filing holds merit, and seeing how she jumped right in with Tom? Yikes. 

• Love 9
(edited)
10 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Some people will still believe the story no matter what the truth is.

This may be why she is selling the Sag Harbor to begin with, if she makes enough in the sale, it will allow her to fund the trust and buy a nice home in the Berkshire area.

You're right.  Some people believe almost anything they're told, including the gossip in trashy tabloids.   I will admit this is an interesting situation but I often wonder why anyone cares what the HWs do separate and apart from the show.  For me RHONY is strictly entertainment and I couldn't care less what they're doing on their own time.  

ETA:   I believe it's the Catskills not the Berkshires.

I expect we will see more house selling in high tax states now that the new tax laws are in effect.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 2
21 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

Well, I am seeing it on msn.com now that Luann is being sued by her kids. If it's not true, then I think Luann has grounds for a lawsuit against TMZ

It is on several sites now, including People. Some have a link to the actual documents, which look pretty legit. I doubt someone would go to all the trouble of drawing up false documents knowing they could get sued. I think it is pretty obvious at this point that it is true. 

• Love 3
12 hours ago, xtwheeler said:

I love informed insider info!  Thanks!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, AnnA said:

You're right.  Some people believe almost anything they're told, including the gossip in trashy tabloids.   I will admit this is an interesting situation but I often wonder why anyone cares what the HWs do separate and apart from the show.  For me RHONY is strictly entertainment and I couldn't care less what they're doing on their own time.  

ETA:   I believe it's the Catskills not the Berkshires.

I expect we will see more house selling in high tax states now that the new tax laws are in effect.

Your right, it is the Catskills. 

As far as reading about the HWs, many do follow them outside of the show, including following them on SM. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Mozelle said:

I still don't have a handle on what's going on, but honestly that Victoria and Noel would also be plaintiffs doesn't truly surprise me. I think LuAnn has largely been hands off with her kids that they probably see her as the person who gave them half their DNA who sometimes is around to be "cool mom." Her major focus has always seemed to me to make sure that she has someone, anyone on her arm, so if this case and filing holds merit, and seeing how she jumped right in with Tom? Yikes. 

I agree with you. She’s not the worst person in the world, but it has been obvious what her priorities are. In her Before They Were Housewives special, she told us that her first thought when she drove off a cliff, or lost control of the car while driving on a mountain, was that she was going to die, not that her children might die or might be seriously injured. That told me a lot about Lu. 

I am assuming that there is another trust that Victoria and Noel have been living off of? Or has Alex been wiring money to them?

• Love 4
13 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Just wondering why Victoria has one wait until NOEL is 30 before she get her part of the trust. Doesn’t seem fair as she will turn 30 before him. 

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, Taralightner said:

Just wondering why Victoria has one wait until NOEL is 30 before she get her part of the trust. Doesn’t seem fair as she will turn 30 before him. 

If it's like pension payouts to beneficiaries that are children it is based off the age of the youngest child.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Giselle said:

If it's like pension payouts to beneficiaries that are children it is based off the age of the youngest child.

Just doesn’t seem fair. I know that they are set up like this, and it might have to do with interest earnings on the entire trust, but it seems unfair to me. 

• Love 3

I think that's not unusual, though, when it comes to estate type things.  I know that when my parents set up their financial stuff in case they died, everything was going to be set up and put into trusts that would remain in place until our youngest sibling was out of college, or age 25.  I am older than this sibling by a bit over a decade, so, obviously, that would delay me getting anything for quite a while, where that sibling would have their portion much earlier on in life.  But, the point of it was to ensure that there would be funds for that child to go to college if our parents weren't around to pay for it like they would have if they had been alive.  They were alive, of course, they still are, and funnily enough, didn't pay for my college, but, this was the initial plan.  I understand the reasoning behind it, though, making sure the youngest has the same start and isn't left in some sort of hole because circumstances changed.  

Or, I guess to put it another way, it's more to ensure that Luann had resources to give Noel the same background that Victoria got.  I'm going to guess that the Count paid for school for the kids, college, maybe grad school, etc.  Since Victoria is older, if the Count died, she may already be out of college and grad school before he died, but Noel might have just been starting college.  If Luann pulled a Sonja and mismanaged her funds, well, sucks to be Noel, there's nothing for him to go to college and grad school on.  So, this could have been a way to make sure that he had an equal shot at the resources.  Once he hits 30, he has had time to either go and be done or he's lost his chance, and at that point, they can split the money that is there.  If one of them blows it on a car and drugs, that's on them, they at least got an equal start in life.

• Love 7

Don't know much about it either. Maybe it is so to make it more equal at distribution. The oldest  or youngest can't claim that the other received more than the other because they got theirs x years earlier or later.  

• Love 3