Type keyword(s) to search

LuAnn de Lesseps: No Longer a Countess, Still Never a Princess

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Two folks that have obviously never watched the show.

Actually, I suspect that they did watch the show and saw that most of the HWs drink like there is no tomorrow! LOL

• Love 5
15 hours ago, Rap541 said:

My objection is that Luann isn't paying for a 24/7 sober living companion,

Luann should order Alexa from Amazon and be done with it.

(edited)
16 hours ago, artisto said:

Luann should order Alexa from Amazon and be done with it.

Or this magnificent bastard ("You want sober? Wake up, Countess!")

godfrey.gif

Edited by film noire
  • Love 2

That's not the point. A LOT of hospitals are not hiring smokers and testing for nicotine metabolites before hiring. Have you ever had a pre employment drug test? Some people are denied employment for marijuana they smoke ONLY on their own time. Just the way it is. Does it work? NO, but it is not unusual practice.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, film noire said:

("You want sober? Wake up, Countess!")

godfrey.gif

A moment frozen in time..

Back when funny...was funny

(edited)

No no no, Alexa would *enable* Luann because if you ask Alexa where you can get a drink, Alexa will tell you whats available per your zipcode.  and also doesn't say "don't" when you ask it for drink recommendations. 

I just find it inconsistent at best that Luann is so dedicated that in her search for an assistant, she wants an absolute teetotaler, preferably gay male with a clean record, but isn't flinching about spending hours and possibly days in the prescence of  people who drink like fishes.

Some people are denied employment for marijuana they smoke ONLY on their own time.

In fairness, in quite a few states still, recreational marijuana use is still illegal. It's also against the law from a federal standpoint. As for nicotine, Luann isn't demanding non smokers even though she herself apparently recently quit smoking (and you'd think if this was about not wanting to see others indulging, she'd be adding non smoking to her criteria). She is demanding that her employees not drink, even in their private lives. Put another way, she wants to control their behavior even when they are not working for her because she is an addict and the very idea that her assistant might imbibe *might* upset her own sobriety. But Luann's sobriety will apparently not be upset by sitting in a bar/restaurant/private home/hotel/boat with three or four other women holding wine glasses and drinking so much their speech is slurred. If this is really about Luann's fight for sobriety, she's picking some really odd battles.

*Alexa really will tell you where to find alcohol locally. Just say "Alexa, where can I drink?"  Technology is weird. 

Edited by Rap541
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, Higgins said:

That's not the point. A LOT of hospitals are not hiring smokers and testing for nicotine metabolites before hiring. Have you ever had a pre employment drug test? Some people are denied employment for marijuana they smoke ONLY on their own time. Just the way it is. Does it work? NO, but it is not unusual practice.

Yeah, but employers discriminate against smokers because they are paying for their health insurance. Luann doesn't have nearly enough employees that she'd be required to provide health insurance. Her employees are likely buying their own health insurance. Otherwise, she can require them to not smoke or drink on the job, but not on their private time. I think she can reasonably call trips as work time. But regular time after the assistant gets off work? Naw. The only thing she has to quasi-enforce this is that her work hours are so weird that an assistant is likely going to be working during prime cocktail hours--evening appearances, charity events, her cabaret, and what have you.

And as @Rap541 said, marijuana use is illegal in most states and for federal purposes.

• Love 5

Well, well it seems Sonja upstaged Luann at her cabaret date

Twenty-eighteen is still fresh and Sonja has already embarrassed her daughter. Ugh, she really does prove that marrying a Morgan can't buy you class.

Is that Lu doing the thong-block shimmy in the poorly fitting jumpsuit? Looking a little beefy -- sorry, boeuffy, there, Countess.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, zoeysmom said:

Well, well it seems Sonja upstaged Luann at her cabaret date:  

Still hoping that another really old, wealthy, codger part deux will be in her 'audience', wherever that may be, and at whomever's expense.  I continually vacillate between Sonja and Ramoner as to which one I'd pay to see scraped off of the front of a NYC bus.

But I kid.

No, really,

• Love 3
(edited)
2 hours ago, SCS said:

Twenty-eighteen is still fresh and Sonja has already embarrassed her daughter. Ugh, she really does prove that marrying a Morgan can't buy you class.

Is that Lu doing the thong-block shimmy in the poorly fitting jumpsuit?

I believe It's called a snatch guard.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 6

Wow, saw a little too much of Sonja...

Is that Lu doing the thong-block shimmy in the poorly fitting jumpsuit? Looking a little beefy -- sorry, boeuffy, there, Countess.

If that's what you call beefy, I'd hate to see your definition of skinny.  Luann is nothing if not svelte.

Any reviews of the caberet show?

• Love 11
17 minutes ago, snarts said:

If that's what you call beefy, I'd hate to see your definition of skinny.  Luann is nothing if not svelte.

I agree she looks pretty damn good here:  

Luann is incredibly gracious to Sonja who was a little off putting-http://www.bravotv.com/the-daily-dish/luann-de-lesseps-cabaret-debut-songs-guests-photos-video  Apparently Bravo filmed the show.

• Love 6
(edited)
3 hours ago, snarts said:

Lu does, indeed, usually look svelte and well heeled. In the B&W vid posted away up thar ^^, her jumpsuit pulls unflatteringly across the area, which, for visual ease and auditory assonance, I'll call The Luann Groin Span, making her look not so svelte. IMO. And mileage.

Edited by SCS
Just whistlin' at Ye Old Devil Moon...
  • Love 4

I'm sorry, I can't risk another episode of sudden horror stricken blindness after viewing Sonya's nether region to really comment on how ugly Luann's pantsuit was. 

• Love 7
6 hours ago, snarts said:

I agree, I was tying to figure out what that poster meant by “beefy.” That slim belt or whatever it was at her waist seemed too tight and had an unflattering effect, but you could still tell she’s in shape.

From these clips, I’m surprised that LuAnn’s cabaret looks like something I would enjoy; it seems like it would have just the right amount of campiness. As opposed to Sonja’s, which seems like a disorganized, much-too-campy mess.

• Love 8
On 3/4/2018 at 7:00 PM, snarts said:

Agreed. Lu has never been heavy, but it’s clear from recent pix that she’s slimmer than ever these days.  

• Love 3
On 3/4/2018 at 6:12 AM, Higgins said:

As someone else mentioned, the fact that some companies want to only hire non-smokers is about the high cost of insurance premiums. Doesn't apply to Luann.

I could care less what kind of requirements Luann has for her assistant. She can state her requirements clearly in the beginning, just like Bethenny can do when she hires someone. The thing I find odd is that Luann seems to find it a necessity. It sounds like she believes she is in some way vulnerable here, even with what someone does on their own time. If that is the case, I would think it much harder to continue to do her current job. There is going to be alcohol around. She has zero control over that. Folks in her social set are going to be drinking. If she is afraid of what her assistant is doing when she is away from her, how will she handle what folks are doing right in front of her? My BIL, when he got sober years ago, quit his job. He was in sales and, spent a lot of time on the road, entertaining clients and at meetings with co-workers who were drinking at dinner meetings and afterwards in the bar late into the night. He just didn't think he could handle that additional pressure, so he got a job where he wouldn't be around social drinking so often. This might be a better fix for Luann, if she is so fragile that her assistant cannot have a glass of wine in her apartment after work. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Higgins said:

It doesn't matter. It is a contractual agreement between two adults. She can legally discriminate against alcohol drinkers period. 

I don't think anyone is suggesting Luann can't legally discriminate against alcohol drinkers. It's just that what she is doing seems futile and silly. 

If Luann is so delicate that she can't be around someone who has a glass of champagne at a wedding or a beer while watching the ballgame when Luann is home in bed asleep or a thousand miles away doing a cabernet show, how is Luann going to cope with the long hours of shooting the show in restaurants and at parties and on vacations where everyone is literally drinking right in her face?

She may be legally free to include whatever terms regarding drinking she wants to in her employment contract with an assistant, but given the nature of the show she appears on, requiring her assistant to stay sober during their off hours seems entirely pointless.

• Love 10
(edited)
2 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I don't think anyone is suggesting Luann can't legally discriminate against alcohol drinkers. It's just that what she is doing seems futile and silly. 

If Luann is so delicate that she can't be around someone who has a glass of champagne at a wedding or a beer while watching the ballgame when Luann is home in bed asleep or a thousand miles away doing a cabernet show, how is Luann going to cope with the long hours of shooting the show in restaurants and at parties and on vacations where everyone is literally drinking right in her face?

She may be legally free to include whatever terms regarding drinking she wants to in her employment contract with an assistant, but given the nature of the show she appears on, requiring her assistant to stay sober during their off hours seems entirely pointless.

It almost seems to me as though Luanne feels that if she has to suffer through a sober life than so does her assistant. Thou shalt not suffer alone. Someone to commiserate with (ha, we’ll see how long that lasts for the poor assistant) and someone who she can feel superior with. Reformed drinkers can be merciless at pointing out the flaws in others behaviors especially when it comes to imbibing. 

Edited by Mindthinkr
I saw that auto correct got it wrong.
  • Love 4
58 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

[...] when Luann is home in bed asleep or a thousand miles away doing a cabernet show [...]

I know this is likely just Autocorrect at work but the thought of Luann doing a cabernet show kind of tickles me a bit.

(Then I remember she just got out of rehab and I mercifully remove myself from the company of you decent folk.)

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

She may be legally free to include whatever terms regarding drinking she wants to in her employment contract with an assistant, but given

the nature of the show she appears on, requiring her assistant to stay sober during their off hours seems entirely pointless.

Page Six stuff:

“Not drinking is exhausting. Getting up at six and going to my meetings and to yoga and then filming ‘Housewives,'” de Lesseps said. “I’m dead by 10 o’clock I’m wiped out, I’m exhausted. And usually, I’m just starting at the Regency at that time.” https://pagesix.com/2018/02/28/luann-de-lesseps-finds-not-drinking-to-be-exhausting/

Luann gets busted holding  a wine glass while filming.  https://pagesix.com/2018/03/02/luann-totes-wine-glass-after-rehab/

I don't really care about Luann's potential assistant and his or hers drinking habits.  Everyone deals with their sobriety in their own way.  Way too much like rich people problems.  I would be interested to learn what, if any, restrictions she puts on men she would date.  If she will still go out and socialize with people in places where alcohol is at the top of the menu.

• Love 8

I think that it’s going to take Luanne awhile to figure out her new life and get fully adjusted. Dating right now should not be her primary focus. Staying sober should be and doing anything that will put her in a better light for her courts appearance sake. I’m sure they served alcohol at the Cabaret. I wonder if she thought about that while being onstage. 

• Love 4

Andy Cohen just sucks.

Why would he have a glass of wine poured for Luann to toast with?  She could have had sparkling water or literally anything else. He is just trying to create a buzz. And that rag Page Six plays right along. 

Bottom feeders, the both of them.

• Love 10
10 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Andy Cohen just sucks.

Why would he have a glass of wine poured for Luann to toast with?  She could have had sparkling water or literally anything else. He is just trying to create a buzz. And that rag Page Six plays right along. 

Bottom feeders, the both of them.

For the record when I’m not drinking much (usually because I’m a designated driver) I’ll put ginger ale as a substitute for champagne and a half cranberry half club soda with lime for a cocktail. It looks drinky enough that people don’t question why I’m not partaking. 

• Love 10
5 minutes ago, breezy424 said:

How does Page Six know that there's wine in the glass?   And if there was, did anyone see her drinking it?

You can’t even trust anyone not to have baited her and put wine in it, letting her assume it is alcohol free and getting that million dollar photo of her first drink after the arrest. People play dirty. 

• Love 5

Well, in the article, sources said Luann was asked to hold the wine for filming purposes, and it looked identical in color to the wine in Bethenny's glass. So, she can hold a glass of wine for filming, hang around with her buddies who drink for the show, do a cabaret show where everyone is drinking, and hang with Sonya who was drunk enough to shake her snatch out on stage... but the thing that affects her sobriety is the personal assistant drinking on their own time out of Luann's prescence.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I don't think Luann's "issue" was ever liquor. I think she is/was into white powder. She only drinks to keep from jumping out of her skin.

If Luann is so delicate that she can't be be around people who imbibe - she shouldn't be filming RHONY. You have Slurinda, Sonya, Tinsley & Ramona who seem to always be drinking. Then you have Bethenny who runs her SkinnyGirl brand in which her liquor seems to available in every scene

• Love 9
31 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

For the record when I’m not drinking much (usually because I’m a designated driver) I’ll put ginger ale as a substitute for champagne and a half cranberry half club soda with lime for a cocktail. It looks drinky enough that people don’t question why I’m not partaking. 

I've been sober for 19 years (and one week!) and I usually drink sparkling water with a slice of lemon or lime when I'm out. Nobody bats an eye. The only people who have a problem with me not drinking are usually the ones with a drinking problem. You know the type, trying to insist you have a drink. I always say "but I already have one" and hold up my glass of fizzy water.

I hope Luann doesn't try the so-called non-alcoholic wine as a substitute. That can be a huge trigger. There's a saying "non-alcoholic wine is for non-alcoholics. "It's better to find something completely different to drink. My drink of choice is chinotto, an Italian soft drink that's like a very grown-up Coca-cola. It's dry and bitter, and quite a sophisticated drink for a soda.  The only down side is that it doesn't come in a diet version. But when I was in Malta recently I discovered their national soda is Kinnie, a version of chinotto, which comes in a diet version. I can buy it on Amazon but, man, it's expensive. Special occasions only.

• Love 13
(edited)

There is something very hypocritical about Luann raising up a glass of wine in celebration of a toast. Why the hell would she celebrate anything with a glass of wine even if she's not drinking it? Liquor was almost the ruin of her ... why would she suggest it is the thing one uses to celebrate something?

She ought to have insisted her glass be filled with something else.

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Love 7
(edited)

Dear Sonja,

A few notes on your cabaret performance:

~The lyrics were not changed to "Money can buy you ass".

~Talk to Erika Jayne. You need a pair of Cuntkins.

~If you must continue doing this (by this I mean acting like burlesque -- a high art form -- is just about showing tits and ass in a furtive manner)  then look at every picture from the cabaret show -- in the heat of narcissism, it's hard to see yourself as others see you -- pictures help with that.  Looking like you're about to squat and dump is not sexy.

~ You were a lovely presence during your first season on the show. A bit flirty, but in a charming, offbeat way -- no endlessly flashing your anus like a big ape in heat - and you were (so hard to believe now) the voice of sanity on Scary Island.   You were game for anything, but not gamey.   Watch that season and remember who you once were.  Like Luann and sobriety,  that Sonja is worth recovering. 

sonja 3.jpg

Edited by film noire
  • Love 10

I watched the WWHL show.  The entire scene was very scripted-they had a cardboard Scott Dissick and Luann and Bethenny were behind a curtain and even cardboard Scott had a glass of a liquid in a wine glass.  There was  no bottle of wine on the table-shocking since Bethenny was there.   One would expect a big bottle of Skinnygirl. It was about Jennifer Lawrence.  Jennifer Lawrence had been drinking wine through a straw throughout her time on the show.  It is called show business they use props

Luann liked millions of other people coping with sobriety taking it one step at a time.  She is meeting and exceeding her pre-rehab commitments as far as work, she seems to be doing okay with cabaret act.   This long list of reasons Luann will drink again and what she should or should not do kind of sounds like people want to punish her for being a drunk.  Not everything is a trigger, most likely Luann will be around people who drink, go to restaurants that serve wine, perform in places that serve alcohol and be around drunken cast mates.  The woman allegedly requests a non-drinking personal assistant and gets blasted.  Show business is full of people who abstain from alcohol because of addiction and even more who abstain while working or performing.  There are even a few who just never drink.

• Love 13
3 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

kind of sounds like people want to punish her for being a drunk.  

You say this like it's a bad thing.

#Perplexed  

#Speaking the truth, Ruth

#Luann's class is in her ass

#So is her crass

• Love 3

Not everything is a trigger, most likely Luann will be around people who drink, go to restaurants that serve wine, perform in places that serve alcohol and be around drunken cast mates. 

So upfront, I completely respect how you want to be supportive.

The woman allegedly requests a non-drinking personal assistant and gets blasted. 

Lets put this in context, shall we? *I* had a problem with it and here's why. She is insisting her assistant follow her rules in the assistant's off time that Luann is not paying for.  My objection is that Luann doesn't have the right to control someone's time that she doesn't pay for. If the assistant is on the clock and Luann's rules are broken? Luann has every right to fire said employee, even if the rule is as silly as referring to Luann as "Your Grace" or whatever. She's paying, so it's her rules. But if someone is on their own time, Luann has no right to insist that her addiction needs take precedence in someone's private life. I mean, if Luann said she found it upsetting and difficult for her recovery to know that her fans often drink alcohol while watching the show - are we all required to stop drinking wine while watching the show?

She is meeting and exceeding her pre-rehab commitments as far as work, she seems to be doing okay with cabaret act. 

Luann can't handle her personal assistant possibly drinking on his or her own time but can:

Pose for photos holding alcohol.

Perform in a caberet where at least one coworker was so drunk she showed her snatch.

Participate in trips and dinners where alcohol consumption is encouraged.

So Luann gets to decide what is a trigger, and she's decided anything that effects her bottom line isn't a trigger for her alcoholism. Having dealt with alcoholics, and their rehab, and their incessant demands for x,y and z to be changed because "its a trigger and you don't want me to drink again" all coupled with "I am an adult and can decide whether going out with my friends who drink is bad or not, don't you trust me to not drink?" - I'm going to be honest. No, I don't trust an alcoholic fresh out of rehab to not drink when back in the same setting where they drank and if Luann was genuinely worried about resuming drinking, hanging around the RHONY women is something she needs to reconsider.

I don't want Luann to continue being an alcoholic. I don't want her to drink if drinking is a spiral down for her. But I am going to question her decision to submerge herself in the same environment *where she drank* while making public gestures about sobriety like insisting her personal assistant never drink because I don't buy into the idea that now that Luann has "admitted her problem" her every decision has to be supported and no one can question her choices.

If this is really about getting better, there's no way Luann is being told by her counselors from rehab to back into the environment where she used and unlike a lot of people, she's actually got the means to take some time away. Put another way, if I wanted her to fail, as you're stating, then I think she should continue doing the show because the show is all about a river of alcohol. And I am advocating that the show isn't good for her recovery. 

• Love 14
5 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

Lets put this in context, shall we? *I* had a problem with it and here's why. She is insisting her assistant follow her rules in the assistant's off time that Luann is not paying for.  My objection is that Luann doesn't have the right to control someone's time that she doesn't pay for. If the assistant is on the clock and Luann's rules are broken? Luann has every right to fire said employee, even if the rule is as silly as referring to Luann as "Your Grace" or whatever. She's paying, so it's her rules. But if someone is on their own time, Luann has no right to insist that her addiction needs take precedence in someone's private life. I mean, if Luann said she found it upsetting and difficult for her recovery to know that her fans often drink alcohol while watching the show - are we all required to stop drinking wine while watching the show?

Luann can't handle her personal assistant possibly drinking on his or her own time but can:

Perform in a caberet where at least one coworker was so drunk she showed her snatch.

So Luann gets to decide what is a trigger, and she's decided anything that effects her bottom line isn't a trigger for her alcoholism. Having dealt with alcoholics, and their rehab, and their incessant demands for x,y and z to be changed because "its a trigger and you don't want me to drink again" all coupled with "I am an adult and can decide whether going out with my friends who drink is bad or not, don't you trust me to not drink?" - I'm going to be honest. No, I don't trust an alcoholic fresh out of rehab to not drink when back in the same setting where they drank and if Luann was genuinely worried about resuming drinking, hanging around the RHONY women is something she needs to reconsider.

I don't want Luann to continue being an alcoholic. I don't want her to drink if drinking is a spiral down for her. But I am going to question her decision to submerge herself in the same environment *where she drank* while making public gestures about sobriety like insisting her personal assistant never drink because I don't buy into the idea that now that Luann has "admitted her problem" her every decision has to be supported and no one can question her choices.

If this is really about getting better, there's no way Luann is being told by her counselors from rehab to back into the environment where she used and unlike a lot of people, she's actually got the means to take some time away. Put another way, if I wanted her to fail, as you're stating, then I think she should continue doing the show because the show is all about a river of alcohol. And I am advocating that the show isn't good for her recovery. 

x ∞

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Rap541 said:

She is not insisting on them doing anything they do not already do. It's not like she is telling them they have to give up alcohol to work for her, she is looking for someone that doesn't drink to begin with and there are plenty of people that do not drink alcohol or get high. 

• Love 14
2 hours ago, Rap541 said:

Luann's not asking anyone to give something up she has stated what the job entails.  I am sure there were a few people who were quite surprised when they were fired from their jobs after being filmed marching in Charlottesville rally with their emblem shirts on, exercising their First Amendment right to free speech.  The weren't arrested just hanging out off work pursuing their interests.

Funny how it works, an alcoholics recovery isn't necessarily group think.  Anyone can question Luann's choices but to me, it seems like people really want to punish Luann for being Luann.  Fake concern in her work environment she might drink again or it is unhealthy.  Reality to me it seems to be the same people that wanted her fired for being stuck up, using the Countess name after she divorced. Luann drinks or drank because she is an alcoholic.  She didn't abuse alcohol because she is on a reality show.  She receives a lot of benefits and woes from her time on the show.   She has every right to dictate how she wants to spend her money on employees, treatment or whatever she wants.  I would suggest if someone wants to drink off hours, don't apply for a job that requires you not.

• Love 13

tumblr_mwzszinQc61rzik3go1_400.gif

• Love 4
28 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

The stretchiest stretch I've ever seen I think.  

The example was used to show how off duty work habits can fall in disfavor with employers and be a disqualifier.  I don't think most employers put a specific restriction on certain political beliefs and participating in the exercise of those beliefs.   However, when it shows up in an unfavorable light the employer didn't seem to have any problem firing the employee.  Maybe a better example might be someone pursuing a job teaching elementary school and having some nude pics on the web.  Some school districts won't hire and even more school districts may fire if they are discovered.  If I were looking for a job and had nude pics out there, I wouldn't bother to apply at a school that eschews nude photos.  

I would think the biggest thing the reality stars and regular famous people have to screen for is someone taking the job and exploiting it as a great opportunity and making the position more about them than the person they are hired to assist.

• Love 6